9 Best 4K TV: Better Viewing Experience
How does it feel to experience the cinematic quality immersive viewing of your favorite TV channels, movies and games at your home? Wouldn’t you feel thrilled to see every image on your TV with incredible clarity and greater depth?
A 4K TV displays images with exceptional detail and ultimate sharpness with its 3840 x 2160 pixel counts. In fact, it provides 4 times the resolution of full HD pictures.
It also provides better image depth and awesome color handling that gives you the sense of watching 3D images in 2D pictures. It takes your TV viewing experiences several notches higher with projected images of truly epic qualities.
We have mentioned all the essential details that you need to know before buying 4K television. You will get the answers like what it is, how does it work, the different types, benefits of buying one, and the features to look out for when purchasing this television. To make your search simpler, we have also listed the best 4K TVs recommendation.
Top 9 Best 4k Smart TVs in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
small size TV
Best processor and graphics coprocessor
Curved screen TVs
Quality on a Budget
What is 4K TV?
A 4K TV offers a resolution of 3840 x 2160. This resolution is also referred to as Ultra HD. The higher pixels imply that you get a better picture quality from the TV.
In comparison to HD resolution, 4K televisions offer four times the resolution. The difference in picture quality is tquite significantbetween 4K TVs and regular HD TVs.
4K TVs are much better on a larger TV screen. This is usually from 55 inches upwards. Although there are limited content sources for 4K TVs, there is an upscaling feature that allows these TVs to improve the picture quality of any source content.
Benefits of a 4K TV
Most are Smart TVs
Smart TVs are becoming more popular, and most recent releases come with this feature. A unique benefit of most 4K TVs is that they are Smart TVs. This is a key necessity for users to enjoy 4K content streaming from 4K streaming services.
It makes large TVs better.
A common problem of buying a regular large screen television is a noticeable flaw in the source content when shown on a large screen. The high-quality image which 4K provides makes it difficult to notice any issue with the pixel structure.
More details on pictures
Combine a good 4K TV with an excellent 4K content source, and you have a picture quality, which is four times your regular HD picture quality. This high-quality picture makes it easy to focus on minor details like the grass on a pitch or hair on a person’s head. It also eliminates jagged edges on an image and visible pixel structure.
Increase in the availability of 4K content
There is a rapid increase in the number of streaming services available. To outdo the competition, most streaming services are offering 4K content to attract various customers. To enjoy the 4K contents which these services offer, a 4K TV is important.
Types of TVs
CCFL LCD TVs
The CCFL (Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps) is an older technology that is being phased out through the implementation of LEDs in televisions.
Direct LED TV
In contrast to the CCFL TV sets, LED TVs offer wider color gamut and improved power efficiency. The Direct LED display uses an array of LEDs that are placed directly behind the television screen.
This method provides improvements in contrast since the LEDs can be darkened or lit up individually, depending on the zone. Setting up the LED arrays is quite expensive, which is why Direct LED TVs are not very cheap to purchase.
Edge LED TV
To produce LED TVs, which are much cheaper for commercial use, the Edge LED arrangement is implemented. In this method, the mounting of the LED backlights is along the various edges of the TV panel.
Although the picture quality is not as high as that of Direct LED TVs, it is still a lot better than the CCFL televisions. This is the more common method on most LED TVs due to the cheap cost of production.
The OLED means Organic Light Emitting Diode. These TV sets use an emissive, electroluminescent film through which electric current passes through. The control of the TV is at the Pixel level.
One design feature of these TV sets is the flexibility and extremely thin appearance. It also provides better contrast and colors. The technology is still new, so it costs quite a bit to purchase.
In contrast to the CRT TVs, curved TVs have a screen with an inward curve. The main benefit which this design boasts is the ability to make all pixels on the TV equidistant to the eye of the viewer.
Nonetheless, depending on where the viewer sits, there may be issues with the display. Such issues include the compressing of the image’s center and content foreshortening.
These televisions contain glass panels with a mixture of inert gases filled into a large number of tiny cells. The electricity passing through the Plasma Display Panel excites the inert gases, which then results in illumination of the pixels across the television screen.
Although there are a few manufacturers still producing Plasma TVs, they are not very common. The reason being they are only suitable for larger TV screens of over 42 inches.
Quantum Dots TV
Usually referred to as QLED TVs, these televisions do not use the combination of a color filter and white light in the production of colors.
A QLED is an LED TV that improves picture performance through the use of quantum dots. It offers better black levels and brightness levels than other TV technologies.
Features to Look Out for When Purchasing a 4K TV
Curved vs. flat
You do not find much difference between a curved and a flat TV when you are viewing movies and videos on it. Keep in mind that curved TVs are more sensitive to reflections, and the viewing angles are not as good as the other.
In terms of design and looks, the curved TV is brilliant. If you have a high budget, you can opt to buy it.
Your TV becomes smart if you have features such as voice recognition. You need not have to use a remote control to operate it. It has built-in microphones to recognize your voice. Most of the Samsung TVs have this feature.
The range of remote control matters when you are buying a television. Some TV’s remote are short-ranged, thus making it difficult for users to operate it.
Built-in speakers such as Dolby speakers give a vast theatre-like experience at home itself. This adds to the pros of buying a good television. Hence, you do not have to rely on any other home-theater system or exterior speakers.
Faster refresh rate
The refresh rate usually determines the clarity of the picture. Although a 60Hz refresh rate is the most common, there is a faster 120Hz refresh rate, which provides better picture quality. They are significantly costlier as well.
The HEVC coding allows streaming over a broadband connection and efficient copy of a 4K content onto a Blu-Ray. An HDMI 2.0a with HDCP 2.2 feature is necessary for HEVC decoding of 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray.
A built-in HEVC decoding is very important if you want to enjoy the latest 4K streaming services.
The bit number on a color component of one pixel is the bit depth. This can also be called the color depth. The color accuracy level is greater if the number is higher.
The 8-bit used to be the standard color depth on all TVs. The 10-bit is a more common adaptation for 4K Ultra HD standards.
This color depth provides a wider color space and better HDR implementation. The higher color depth also prevents banding in blocks of color, as well as a few other issues.
The built-in casting functionality, which is now appearing on some televisions, is a feature that eliminates the need for a separate Chromecast dongle. Although some televisions are cast enabled, this is not the same as a built-in Chromecast.
The cast enabled TVs usually appear in the Cast dropdown menu of your connected phone but do not respond to the Google Home Speaker. Also, you cannot add these TVs to the Google Home.
This is a feature that lets users power on their television using any device connected through HDMI.
CEC is Consumers Electronic Control through which a connected device, like an Apple TV, can power on the TV and switch to the correct output without the use of the television remote.
The gaming mode on a TV helps in reducing the severity of input lag.
An input lag can have a serious impact on your gaming experience. It is easy to notice the time difference between – when you press a button on your controller and when the action is performed on the television.
Asleep timer or inactivity timer is a feature that powers off the TV after a period of inactivity.
Although CEC is becoming popular with lots of users, one feature which it lacks on some televisions is power off functionality. If this feature is unavailable, setting a sleep timer can save you the stress of searching for a remote.
Connectivity and ports
Ports on television include HDMI and USB ports, which allow connection of USB devices, Blu ray players, and audio gear. Wi-Fi connectivity helps you browse the internet on your TV and stream shows or movies.
Although TVs are available in various screen sizes, not all sizes will fit into your living space. This is why you need to measure the space you have before making a purchase.
9 Best 4K Smart TV’s
1. Samsung 43 inches 4K LED Smart TV – Our Pick
Samsung 43 inches 7 Series Smart TV allows you to watch all your favorites shows and movies in an Ultra HD viewing experience with natural bright colors. It is equipped with a Quad-Core Processor, which is fast and and efficient.
It supports multiple applications such as Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video, Youtube Kids, Facebook, Apple TV, Spotify, Hotstar, Jio Cinema, Gaana. Let us look at all the other features of this product.
- This product has a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels, which gives quality viewing experience.
- It has a refresh rate of 60 Hz.
- Along with viewing, this product offers the best and superior sound quality. It gives a 20W output using Dolby Digital Plus.
- It is made with an A+ LED panel that offers UHD resolution viewing.
- The looks are very good. It has a slim design, which adds elegance to the interior of your house.
- It has good connectivity with 3 HDMI ports and USB 2 ports.
- The SmartThings App is a one-stop solution for all the smart features. It also offers screen mirroring.
- Using Steam link, you can easily enjoy PC games on a large screen.
- The product does not have smart voice control and a smart remote.
2. LG 49 Inches 4K UHD LED Smart TV – Sleek Design
LG is a household name when it comes to products like home theatres, refrigerators, televisions, and other consumer electronics.
This TV has an AI ThinQ feature for voice control. The multitasking feature allows you to browse the internet while still enjoying regular TV content.
- The LG Magic remote offers universal control, voice control, single-click access, point & click, hotkey, and scroll functions.
- Cloud photo and video app allows users to view videos and photos from the cloud.
- The share and control feature allows users to share their mobile phone screen on the TV and then use the magic remote to control the smartphone.
- 4K support allows users to enjoy faster access to the premium 4K HDR content on Netflix.
- It is a great choice for use as a monitor since there is a very low input lag on the TV.
- High-quality webOS operating system offers a fresh breath different from the common Android OS on most TVs.
- It offers Wi-Fi, LAN, and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The sound and picture quality of the television is appreciable.
- Multitasking does not work for all apps.
3. Sony Bravia 55 Inches Smart TV KD-55X7500F – Multitasking functionality
Sony is one of the most popular consumer electronics manufacturing companies in the world. A lot of individuals will be more familiar with the company as a gaming giant due to their PlayStation platform.
The Bravia TV grants support for gaming on a PlayStation console, Clearaudio+, 4K picture quality, and many more features.
- The excellent cable management system allows wires to be arranged across the TV back and in the TV stand to make it tidy.
- Google Play connectivity offers access to a large number of apps and offline games which are downloadable for play at a later time.
- Clearaudio+ improves and fine-tunes the audio from the TV for better clarity and improved the listening experience.
- Built-in Chromecast supports casting from other devices without the need to purchase an external dongle.
- The bass reflex speaker provides extended lows, crisp highs, and clear, rich sound outputs.
- The TV has a slim design, a narrow frame, and an aluminum finish which occupies minimal space in the home.
- 4K picture technology enhances the picture quality and clarity of the content.
- The TV offers excellent support for gaming on PlayStation consoles providing great picture quality, vivid textures, and a better gaming experience.
- The TV is well protected with an anti-humidity coating to prevent short circuits and advanced protection against damage due to electrical surges.
- The picture quality is commendable.
- It doesn’t support the connection of Bluetooth speakers.
4. Panasonic 55 Inches Smart TV TH-55FX650D – User-friendly features
Panasonic is one of the largest electronics companies in the world, with over 500 subsidiaries, including Sanyo. This TV from Panasonic supports Bluetooth 2 Way Audio link and a SWIPE feature to easily drop content onto the TV from a Smartphone.
- Voice command is available for control through the Viera remote app.
- There are built-in special speakers for Home Theater for high-quality sound output.
- It has a USB port which allows users to connect USB devices like hard drives to view content.
- Watch 4K content from a Blu Ray player by connecting to any of the two available HDMI ports on the TV.
- 1500Hz Backlight Motion Rate provides a smooth reduction of fast motion by turning off sections of the backlight in sequence.
- Hexa Chroma Drive uses six color reproduction in delivering beautiful, natural colors.
- The 4K Ultra HD provides a high-quality picture display.
- The Bluetooth 2 way audio link allows the connection of a speaker using Bluetooth for better sound quality.
- Most of the popular 4K content streaming services are built-in.
- The ‘my Home Screen’ allows complete customization of the UI by the user.
- It doesn’t come with a voice remote.
- The TV is not a 10-bit panel.
5. CloudWalker 32 Inches Smart TV 32SHX2 – small size TV
CloudWalker is another company that provides great services to improve your TV viewing experience. In addition to its TV releases, streaming devices like Android TV Sticks and Android Smart TV box to convert any TV to a Smart TV.
A built-in air mouse on the remote offers easy control while its unique Content Discovery Engine assists users in finding a great program to watch.
- OTA software updates provide an upgrade to the performance, settings, and interface of the TV.
- The Content Discovery Engine helps in finding apps and digital content which are trending online for your viewing pleasure.
- The remote has a built-in air mouse with dedicated hotkeys for features like subtitle, home screen, screenshot, Wi-Fi, and others.
- There is a Movie Box app support which grants access to a collection of short films, movies, and documentaries.
- The luminous display which uses the DCTI/DLTI technology provides sharper and smoother pictures for high-quality videos and images.
- The Cshare mobile remote app allows users to share media wirelessly from the phone to TV.
- It uses an Android interface and supports play and download of Android apps.
- The remote has a built-in air mouse for better control.
- It offers 4K viewing at an affordable price.
- The surround sound quality is amazing.
- It lacks a premium look due to the plastic table stand, all-plastic body, and thick bezels.
- It doesn’t come with Bluetooth connectivity.
6. Sanyo 43 Inches Smart TV XT-43A081U – Best processor and graphics coprocessor
Since 2011, Sanyo has become a full subsidiary of Panasonic. The company is quite popular in India for the production of air conditioners and Televisions. The TV has an IPS 4K display with Google Assistant to support voice commands.
- A wall mount is available in the package to give users more installation options.
- Enjoy stress-free connectivity with three HDMI ports and two USB ports to eliminate the need to switch cables.
- The TV is runs on Android Oreo with access to all the apps on the Android TV Play store.
- It has a slim bezel and a brushed metallic finish for an easy fit in any space.
- There is a 1-year warranty on the product from the date of purchase.
- It offers an IPS 4K Display which combines seamlessly with the HDR 10 for clarity on the display.
- There is a USB 3.0 port available on the TV which is great for streaming HD and 4K content.
- It supports Dolby Digital with a Sound Out feature for use on home theaters.
- Quick installation.
- Voice commands work perfectly.
- Installing applications which are incompatible with the television may cause boot loops.
- The mouse cursor is very small and sometimes difficult to locate.
7. LG 108 cm (43 inches) 4K UHD Smart LED TV
LG 43UM7290 4K smart TV comes with exceptional features and sensational picture quality. It features a lightweight and metallic design that improves the décor of your living room or bedroom.
It allows you to enjoy 4 times the resolution of a Full HD screen. It delivers stunning picture quality with 4K active HDR. It is an AI-enabled TV that enables you to access AI features with a magic remote.
It supports DTS Virtual:X audio processing technology that creates spacious 3D sounds through its in-built speakers from all angles on your TV for delivering multi-dimensional, rich, and flawless audio.
- It comes with a 4K display that allows you to enjoy more realistic 4K images on the IPS display with vivid colors, stunning sharpness, and finer details.
- This 4K TV provides a wide viewing angle for displaying 100% color accuracy from all the angles. It leaves you awestruck with enthralling entertainment and awesome realism.
- It features 4K active HDR that delivers breathtaking and precise images in vibrant color and amazing resolution
- It is equipped with a quad-core processor that ensures fast and accurate processing for creating dynamic color and contrast and eliminating noise.
- It works great with Apple AirPlay and an Apple home kit so that you can connect your LG UHD TV with Apple devices for playing music, videos, and images directly to your TV.
- It features a home dashboard that enables you to organize and access all your connected devices remotely from your TV screen.
- It provides 2 way Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to connect to HTS/ soundbar or Bluetooth headset wirelessly with your TV.
- It provides robust connectivity options including 3 HDMI ports for connecting the gaming console, set-top box, and Blu-ray players. It comes with 2 USB ports for connecting hard drives and other USB devices.
- It provides awesome audio experiences with its powerful sound output of 20 watts.
- It comes with 1 year LG India comprehensive warranty from the date of purchase. Moreover, it has an additional 1-year warranty on the panel/module.
- It is designed for providing true color accuracy with sharper and realistic colors.
- It supports webOS that allows you to enjoy streaming content like TV series or the latest blockbusters on various OTT platforms like Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hotstar, etc.
- It features a built-in Google Assistant and Alexa that expand your TV viewing experiences, control devices, and make recommendations as per your preferences; on your command.
- You can access your smartphone, PlayStation, USB, air purifier, door lock, thermostat, robot vacuum, etc; from your single TV screen.
- Magic remote does not come with this TV and you need to purchase it separately.
8. Onida 43 Inches Smart TV 43UIB1 – Great Speakers
The production of high-quality CRT TVs is one of the reasons why Onida is quite popular in India. This smart TV provides an easy connection to the internet through Wi-Fi with excellent viewing from any angle.
- It comes with a table stand and a wall-mount for users to choose the most suitable option for their needs.
- There are 3 HDMI ports and 2 USB ports which includes a single USB 3.0 port for rapid data transfer.
- Built-In Wi-Fi connectivity allows easy connection to an internet network.
- There is a 1-year manufacturer warranty available on the product.
- It has a quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB internal memory for the TV operations.
- It offers a 4K resolution with a refresh rate of 60Hz.
- The 16W audio output provides a better sound output.
- The picture quality is great when viewing from an angle.
- There is no need for an external speaker since the speaker is very loud.
- The OS of the TV can be upgraded to a newer version.
- Comes with air mouse for easy access.
- The TV takes time to boot up.
- The blacks on the TV are not very deep producing a poor color display output.
9. Kevin 49 Inches Smart TV KN49UHD – Quality on a Budget
Kevin is an electronics company providing washing machines, air conditioners, and televisions to Indian consumers.
Most of the products are made in India, which makes them quite affordable to consumers. This TV has a very narrow bezel and a Dynamic Crystal Color to improve the viewing experience
- The dual-core processor of the TV allows users to run multiple apps simultaneously without lag.
- For brighter whites and deeper blacks, the TV combines HRDD and Dynamic Crystal Colour.
- It uses high fidelity box speakers with a 30 Watts output.
- Built-in Wi-Fi provides easy connectivity to the internet.
- There is a 1-year standard warranty from the manufacturer.
- Screen mirroring feature allows users to view their Smartphone screen on the TV.
- The narrow bezel on the TV increases the view area of the TV.
- A Smart Hub provides most of the TV content on the screen with one remote to control all.
- Has specific buttons on the remote control for Youtube, Hotstar, etc.
- Screen mirroring doesn’t work with all devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is 4k better than 1080p?
As the name suggests, 4K has a considerably higher amount of resolution as compared to 1080p. A 4k has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, while 1080P consists of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
This makes the picture quality clear and crisp making it more convenient for you to watch videos and movies and makes 4k better than 1080p.
2. Is it worth buying a 4k TV?
4K has better color, sharpness, brightness, and contrast, which allows better viewing experience. If money is no constraint, then you should definitely go for a 4K TV.
3. What is the best brand of 4k television, and Ssould I buy a TV based on the brand name?
You don’t need to purchase a TV based on the brand. This is because most of the brands are quite reliable. Nonetheless, there are certain features that you may need that you may not find on a TV from a particular brand.
When searching for a TV, you must analyze each feature it offers and determines the benefits of such features to you. Unless you are looking for qualities in which a brand has more advantages, like the OLED TVs from LG, any brand will do.
4. Is 4k a smart TV?
If your 4K TV can be connected to the internet, it is a smart TV.
Along with that, it should support applications such as Youtube, Netflix, Prime Video, Youtube Kids, Facebook, Apple TV, Spotify, Hotstar, Jio Cinema, Zee 5, etc. Most of the TVs do support these apps.
5. Is there a resolution higher than 4K? Why shouldn’t I go for this higher resolution?
4K is great, but you will be swept off your feet by the 8K resolution, which has recently made its way into the market. The 8K resolution offers 7680X4320 pixels Full Ultra HD.
Nonetheless, there are a few reasons why you should not jump on this train. The first is the fact that it will require more from your internet connection. Considering how demanding it can be to stream 4K content, you can only expect a higher demand with 8K content.
The second and most important reason why you should wait is the availability of an 8K content source. The 8K is not yet very popular, so it will be difficult to get a content streaming service that offers content in 8K resolution.
6. Do I need to buy a Soundbar for my 4k Television?
With most of the TVs available, the audio quality is usually an area where they are lacking. This is often due to the flat panel design, which doesn’t offer a lot of space for adding a large speaker.
7. Are there special accessories I should purchase to make use of a 4K TV?
Although there are no external accessories that you necessarily need, purchasing a few can boost your viewing experience. An accessory that can go a long way is a universal remote.
An HDMI cable is another important accessory, but you don’t need to have too many.Getting a single high-quality cable should meet all your needs.
As we stated earlier, the audio output of a TV may not always be perfect. For this reason, we recommend buying a soundbar or speakers to improve the audio quality of the TV.
8. How can I get 4K content?
4K content is usually available in Blu-ray or through a streaming service. If you are interested in streaming services, then you can get 4K content from YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Instant Video.
For viewers who prefer to use physical media, then the Blu-ray option is open. In this case, you will need to search for Ultra HD Blu-ray player to purchase.
Cable providers and over-the-air broadcast television don’t offer 4K content yet. In most cases, you may find 4K content for special sporting events like the Olympics.
9. What are the 4K streaming sources available?
There are various 4K streaming sources available. Each of these sources usually has specific requirements in addition to the subscription fees for the services. Here is a list of some of these sources:
- Amazon Instant Video
- PlayStation Video
- FUBO TV
- Google Play Movies and TV
With a 4K TV, you get a realistic viewing experience. It allows you to see everything with immense clarity, sharpness, and depth on a 4K TV.
A 4K TV boosts your 3D viewing experiences and adds newer dimensions to your TV viewing. Brace for futuristic technology and bring the world into your home with a 4K TV.
The Kevin KN49UHD is our pick for anyone with a strict budget looking for both functionality and affordability. It offers some of the excellent features which are available on the most expensive lines.