Best Hair Oils in India
Who doesn’t like having healthy, thick, smooth, and shiny hair? Healthy hair can boost your confidence and makes you look smart. One of the best and easiest ways to get healthy and soft hair is by using the best hair oils.
Some natural oils that are used for the treatment of human hair include coconut, almond, jojoba, Argan, and others.
Other essential oils that are necessary for the nourishing and strengthening of the hair includes lemongrass and lavender. These oils are required for treating the human hair and safe for direct application on the hair and skin.
This hair related issues can be due to quite unhealthy lifestyles such as the effects of pollution and other factors that can be allergic to the growth of the hair.
In this article, we will talk about benefits of hair oils and the types of oils that can be used for the treatment of the hair and also prevent the growth of dandruff and other hair ailments. You will also find the factors to look at while buying the hair oil along with a list of 5 best Hair oil for healthy, shiny hair and a few FAQs
Top 5 Hair Oils
Benefits of Hair Oil
- Different hair oils come with some unique benefits for the hair. Some of these benefits include
- Hair oil helps in the fight against antiviral and antifungal properties
- Most hair oils help to inhabit dandruff caused by yeast
- It helps in preventing hair loss and gives the hair a shiny look
- Oils such as Olive oil helps to protect the hair from heat damage and provides broken hair with a healthy appearance.
- Head oil helps in the moisturizing of the hair and makes it manageable.
- Head oil also helps in reducing scalp inflammation for people suffering from dermatitis.
- Some head oil, such as Grapeseed, also helps to block the production of DHT, a hormone that leads to hair loss.
- Hair oil helps in stimulating hair growth
- Hair oil helps to prevent and to remedy heat and styling damage
What Are Different Types of Hair Oils
Different types of hair oil are used in the treatment of hair. These oils include
Coconut oil is a natural oil that is most versatile for the treatment of different hair and skin issues. Coconut oil comes in different varieties, such as extra-virgin, refined, and unrefined type. It is reputed to be one of the best oil for hair growth.
This oil type is ideal for all hair types but more efficient for dull, damaged, or dry hair. The oil from the coconut helps to keep the scalp healthy and also to replenish the strands.
Jojoba oil is an extract from the jojoba plant. It is ideal for the treatment of the hair. The jojoba oil is naturally produced and shares similar characteristics with sebum.
The oil can easily penetrate the hair shaft and follicle. Jojoba oil is suitable for damaged, dry, and dull hair. It is also crucial for the treatment of dry scalp issues and dandruff.
This oil is known as Moroccan oil. It is gotten from the Argan trees and rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, and Vitamin E.
This oil helps to make one’s hair beautiful and shiny. It also comes with a protective quality that keeps one safe. Argan oil is also known as “Liquid Gold” as a result of its golden color.
The oil is ideal for frizzy, dry, brittle, and coarse hair. It is also suitable for people that their hair gets greasy quickly.
This is another oil type that is gotten from pressed olives. It has a moisturizing property that helps in exfoliating and fighting off dandruff.
Olive oil is known to replace the need for the use of conditioner and other smoothing creams. The oil is known to be rich in antioxidants as it does not contain any chemical ingredients.
Sweet Almond Oil
Almond oil is an extract of kernels that can be found inside an almond. This oil is enriched with Protein, Vitamin E, fatty acids, and other antioxidants. It also helps to reduce hair breakage as it helps the hair to grow.
This is an extract from cold-pressed grape seeds. The oil contains antioxidants and emollients. It is suitable for brittle hair, dry and dull hair.
It is also known to be a good and effective treatment for dermatitis and dandruff. It is a good alternative for people that want to regrow their hair.
This is another essential oil that is derived from herbs. It is found in the Poaceae family. It is ideal for the treatment of different hair problems and suitable for all hair types.
It contains numerous vitamins and minerals that are great for the growth of the hair. It is also important in strengthening the hair follicles and the prevention of hair loss.
Buying Guide for head oil
Some basic things are required when one is considering to buy oil for the treatment of the hair. These items include
What are the ingredients
It is necessary to ascertain the ingredients that the oil is made of before purchasing. Endeavor to look at the product label in other to make sure that there are no chemicals or additives that could be harmful to your scalp.
Your hair needs
Every hair type and needs are unique. It is important, therefore, to determine the particular problem you wish to treat before buying any cream.
Consistent use of hair oil often results in healthy and buoyant hair. Therefore, it is important to note that it may take time for one to start seeing results. Be sure not to apply too much of the oil when making use of the oil.
Quality of the oil
Endeavor to go for high-quality oil type when buying. If possible, go for organic, all-natural oils.
Do not use too much quality of the oil. Since oil is greasy, use it sparingly. Always wash your hair with a good quality shampoo after applying oil on hair.
5 Best Hair Oils
1. StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Oil – Expert pick
StBotanica Moroccan Argan is a hair growth oil that comes with pure and natural ingredients. Some of these ingredients include Jojoba, pure Argan, Avocado, Almond, Castor, and Rosemary oil. The item comes with no sulfates, colors, or any harmful chemicals.
It is suitable for the treatment of frizzy, dry, and brittle hair. It is also used for the treatment and repair of split ends. It also helps to keep the hair healthy smooth and naturally silky. The Moroccan Argan oil brings back to life limp, dry hair, and creates lustrous and full hair.
- The Jojoba oil extract found in this oil helps in strengthening the hair fibers from inside out
- The oil provides nourishment from the root of the hair and on every strand
- It is used for the treatment of hair problem such as dandruff
- The stBotanica oil is used for the detangling of wet hair
- The oil helps in treating hair loss and overall hair growth.
- Free from any harmful chemical
- Quite expensive when compared to other products
2. Indulekha Bhringa Hair Oil – Best Anti-Inflammatory Oil
Indulekha Bringha oil is a useful medicinal oil that is recommended for the regulation of the hair and for the treatment of some hair infections such as dandruff and hair fall. This head oil is excellent due to the action of the ingredients that the head oil is made from. The bottle comes with a selfie bottle that can massage your scalp
Some of the ingredients that the oil comes with include Aloe Vera, which contains enzymes that help to repair dead cells on the scalp.
This head oil helps to prevent itching on the scalp and rejuvenates the hair with its own nutrients—this help to prevent breakage due to the antibacterial properties, anti-inflammatory, and antiprotozoal element.
- It comes with the highest source of Vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Indulekha Bringha Oil comes with an anti-dandruff and anti-inflammatory properties
- The oil helps to maintain youthful hair color
- It helps to retards premature graying of the hair while supporting the hair follicles
- It helps to improve hair color and growth
- Ideal for the strengthening of the hair
- Anti-hair fall and split-ends
- The product manual does not contain the full product details
- The head oil is in liquid form and can easily pour off
3. Hamdard Roghan Badam Shirin Sweet Almond Oil – Ideal for Infants
Hamdard Rogham Badam is almond oil that is extensively used for health purposes. It aids in the beautifying of the hair. The hair oil is an oil one can trust as it is scientifically purified and made to last the test of time. It comes with a blend of Shirin sweet and almond oil.
- It helps to keep the body warm during winter
- The oil helps to relieve tension
- It helps to strengthen the brainpower
- It helps to build stronger bones
- It is ideal for infants
- The oil is useful in relieving constipation and the heart.
- The oil can be used for culinary uses
- It helps to fight dandruff
- No negative points were observed so far
4. Luxura Sciences Onion Hair Oil – Best Anti-Hair fall oil
The Luxura Sciences is a hair oil treatment solution with 14 different oils. It is 100 percent natural ingredients with no artificial fragrances or blends of chemicals.
It comes with an infusion of other exotic botanicals, vitamins, and other essential oils. The onion hair oil is used as a scalp improvement, deep conditioning and can also be used as a hair mask.
- The oil comes with no artificial ingredient
- It is suitable for the treatment of hair fall and dandruff
- It accelerates hair growth
- The hair oil treatment solution comes with a blend of Protein, Minerals, Vitamins, and other antioxidants that supports a healthy shine of the hair.
- Suitable for all hair type and texture since the hair oil is multipurpose
- Quite costly
- A bit viscous therefore requires much shampoo to wash it out.
5. Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Hair Oil – Best Herbal oil
This hair oil is made for the protection of the hair and prevention of hair fall. This hair oil helps in the healthy growth of the hair. This hair oil is blended with Indian gooseberry and thistles that helps to strengthen the root of the hair. The Himalaya herbals help to prevent scalp infections, thereby making the hair healthy and robust.
- The herbal hair oil helps to prevent hair fall
- The hair oil is rich in protein and lecithin that helps in nourishing the hair root
- The hair oil is a blend of Bael and Neem that prevents infections on the hair
- The hair oil strengthens the hair follicles and promotes hair growth
- It acts as an astringent for the treatment of excess hair fall, hair thinning and scaly scalp
- Helps in rebuilding and strengthening of the hair shaft
- The hair oil is suitable for all hair type
- The hair oil comes with a mild fragrance that helps to smoothens the hair
- Very light
Frequently Asked Questions
Some frequently asked questions about hair oils and its usefulness includes
1. How much of the hair oil should I apply?
The amount of oil to apply on the hair is dependent on your hair type, thickness, and length, condition of the hair, and the texture of the hair in question.
2. Which oil is best for stop Hair fall?
Different head oil that stops hair fall can be seen in the India market. Check the list above for your selection
3. Should I oil my scalp?
Oiling the scalp may cause or even worsen dandruff. It can also help to stimulate blood circulation and also to relax the body.
4. Is it ideal to use hair oil on dry or wet hair?
Depending on the result that you seek will determine when you apply the oil. One can apply the oil on wet hair to detangle the hair and to also protect the hair from heat before blow-drying while one can use on dry hair to get a better frizz and protection from pollution and UV.
5. Which styling works best using hair oil?
Hair oil works perfectly on heat styling tools such as flat irons, blow dryers, and curling wands. Hair oil protects one from the damage of up to 230 Degree Celsius.
6. Is hair oil needful while air-drying a hair?
Yes. It is right. Applying the oil while still wet can protect and nourish the hair from pollution and frizz.
Getting a good hair oil is necessary if one wishes to keep their hair more healthy and shiny. It is, therefore, important to select the right hair oil for the protection of the hair in other to look radiant and pleasant always.