8 Best Essential Oils for Mind and Body
Getting an excellent essential oil is a function of the quantity, rating, and extraction process. Buying essential oils depends on numerous reasons and factors which we are going to discuss in this article.
Essential oils are known to be popular as a result of its therapeutic benefits and distillation process. Across diverse cultures and years, essential oils have been used because of its medicinal properties and values. These essential oils are known to either bear antiseptic properties or to elevate the human mind.
Essential oils are known to be volatile liquids and are gotten from some unique plants. These essential oils are organic as there are extracted from stems, flowers, roots, barks, and seeds, among other parts of the plants. With the distillation process, it produces a highly concentrated product that comes with the fragrance characterize of the extracted plant.
The essential oil has been used from the past as food preparation, healthcare practices, and beauty treatments. For an individual who wished to purchase this oil, it is essential to contact a vendor that possesses great and medicinal plants and also preserves the oil’s pristine quality.
This article will help you in making the right decision when purchasing an essential oil. Since the market is saturated with numerous vendors, retailers, and companies that offer what they feel to be the best essential oils.
This leaves buyers, and many newcomers overwhelmed by the countless options. This list will give you the best essential oils and brand with all the invaluable information. Here you will find what is an essential oil, list of essential oils and benefits, methods to use the essential oils, safety precautions while using oils, etc. that you need to know concerning essential oils.
In the end, you will find a few commonly asked questions regarding the essential oils.
8 Best Essential Oils in Indian Market
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Ideal for quick hair growth
100 percent natural and pure oil
Best grade Threptic essential oil
Pure Lemon Essential Oil
Best for smooth skin
Best India Aroma Diffuser
What is Essential Oil?
Essential oils are mostly oils that are extracted through a careful extraction and distillation of plant fragrance and properties found in them. Recently some essential oils are now gotten through the science of DNA sequence and what is called laboratory formulations.
This technique is now used in the manufacturing of these oils because the production of organic essential oils in large quantities can be tasking.
Organic essential oils are gotten through what is known as the cold-pressing method, and it is expensive when compared to the laboratory formulated oils.
Methods of using an essential oil
The use of essential oil can be through the nose, mouth, or absorbed through the skin. In making use of essential oil, one can use a particular oil at a time or may choose to combine different products and brands to derive the needed benefits.
Here are some of the methods one can use in absorbing an essential oil
Aromatic or Inhalation Method
Inhaling of essential oils can be through an oil diffuser. When inhaled, the essential oils are quickly absorbed by the smell receptors. This is then sent directly to the limbic system.
This part of the nervous system is tasked with supporting some functions such as memory, behavior, emotions, and smell. When inhaled, these essential oils then to carry out the task for which it is distilled. It can either induce a calming effect or invigorate the memory.
Another way for aromatic or inhalation is by dropping a few of it in your hand and rubbing them against one’s nose. Others include soaking cotton balls with essential oils.
Using the tropical method involves the application of these essential oils through massaging. This process helps to increase blood flow, improves absorption, and enhances distribution. Another way that one can use is by adding a few drops of the essential oil into your bathwater in other to rejuvenate dry skin.
It is necessary to note that when applying essential oils directly, one should use a small drop of it rather than a large dose.
Safety precaution of using an essential oil
Some safety precautions to follow while using essential oils includes
Reach of children
Keep the oils away from the reach of children as it might be dangerous to them
It is vital to exercise some safety precautions when used on pregnant mothers. With the high concentration of some powerful ingredients such as sedatives, it might be harmful to the expectant mother when misused.
Read instructions on the labels
Another important thing to note before making use of essential oils is to read the instructions on the label before using it.
Make personal research on the product before ingesting, inhaling, or applying on your skin. This is to prevent serious health issues when wrongly applied.
- Consult an expert
Do not make use of any essential oil if you are a first-timer without consulting with an aromatherapist first.
Do not use undiluted essential oils.
Never use an undiluted essential oil on the skin as it may cause allergic reactions to some people. Hence, doing a patch test is important before using them.
Every essential oil is not meant for aromatherapy.
Every essential oil has different purposes. Qualified aromatherapy practitioners can only use oils like wormwood, wintergreen, rue, bitter almond, camphor, etc..
Essential oils are highly flammable, so take care while using them.
Avoid using on sensitive areas.
The essential oils should not be used in sensitive areas like eyes, nose, ear, or genitals. Essential oils are for external use only.
List of essential oils and benefits
There are different types of essential oils in the market, and they come with different benefits to one. Here are some of the known and popular types of essential oils in the Indian market that one can buy.
This essential oil is reputed to be one of the most popular essential oil fragrances. It is used to fight fevers, cold, and nausea.
Lavender is a shrub that is easy to grow. It produces beautifully scented flowers and can thrive in sunny habitats. Lavender plants are grown in the northern parts of Africa. Lavender is another popular brand that is in the market.
It helps to induce one to sleep and to promote a feeling of calmness when used. It can be used in addressing minor burns and soothing itchy insect bites.
This essential oil is gotten from the fresh leaves of eucalyptus trees. This type of essential oil is used as a decongestant and as a topical pain reliever. It is used in alleviating seasonal allergies, repelling insects, reducing respiratory issues, and fever.
The essential oil is gotten from Rosmarinus officinalis through what is known as steam distilling. This essential oil contains antioxidants and other radical fighting power.
Rosemary essential oil is used to promote hair health, improving skin, and also to reduce joint pain. It also helps to reduce varicose veins, manage anxiety and stress, and for the facilitating of hair growth.
Peppermint is among the oldest herbs that are used for medicinal purposes. This is a hybrid between water mint and spearmint. This essential oil contains natural antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-parasitic properties.
This is a fragrance that most people are familiar with. Specially harness to boost energy as well as to prevent flu and cold. It is also used to alleviate discomforts such as anxiety, stomach upsets, indigestion issues, and headaches. It is also important for long-distance drivers as it keeps them alert while driving.
Frankincense essential oil extract is used as an anti-inflammatory product. It also acts as a useful solution for soothing anxiety.
These oils are from mature sandalwood trees. It is believed that the older the tree, the better the oil reserve and the stronger the aroma. The Sandalwood oil extract includes astringent, anti-inflammatory, and disinfectant.
Others include antiseptic and antiphlogistic. This oil helps in memory boosting, acts as a sedative, and helps to improve sex drive. Others include fighting viruses and infection and for the reduction of spasm.
Buyer’s Guide for Essential Oils
In purchasing an essential oil, some factors need to be considered. Here are some things one needs to note before making a purchase
Price of the product
It is known that high-quality essential oils, such as naturally extracted oils are quite pricey. These pure organic essential oils are more therapeutic as compared to lower-priced brands that are laboratory-made.
It is necessary to pay attention to what previous users are saying about the product. Don’t get unnecessarily influenced by the product package or bottle design but the benefits that other users have derived from the essential oil.
Another important factor to consider in purchasing an essential oil is the composition of ingredients used in making the product.
The purity of the product
How pure are the ingredients used in making the oil? This should be a major concern to everyone seeking to buy a top essential oil with the therapeutic and healing power
The reputation of the brand
Most manufacturers now play games with the distillation and creating the desired aroma that is similar to the main product. It is, therefore, necessary and vital to look at the reputation of the manufacturer’s as not to fall prey to their deceit.
How long has the vendor or manufacturer been in the market as most makers of essential oils easily come into the market and leaves? It is important, therefore, to consider the manufacturer’s performance metrics. Check out their website and customer agents.
The product label
Look at the product label to ascertain if the product is 100 percent natural oil. This indicates that it does not contain any synthetic components or diluted.
Go for a product that is housed in an amber-brown or cobalt blue bottle. Essential oils in plastic can break down the case or evaporate overtime when it is exposed directly to sunlight.
Know the species of the essential oil that you are buying. An example is the Roman Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) species, which is different from the German chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla). Both have different compositions – therefore, it is important to know the species that you are going to buy.
Don’t get deceived by some of the sneaky phrases that they come with. Most manufacturers use words like certified, pure, eco-friendly, and therapeutic to grade their products. Most times, these words are devoid of any scientific regulation. It is, therefore, important not to get confused by these words.
Best Essential Oils in Indian Market
1. Old Tree Tea Tree Essential Oil – Ideal for quick hair growth
The old tree tea tree is an organic essential oil that is crafted from the Australian tea tree. This distilled oil helps to unclog the hair follicles as it nourishes the roots of the hair. It is suitable for skincare and hair and acne care. Old tea tree essential oil is ideal for hair growth.
To achieve this, one needs to mix a few drops of tea tree essential oil with carrier oils such as almond, jojoba, coconut, etc. Then you massage the mixture into the scalp. This essential oil is also known as Melaleuca Oil or Ti Tree Oil.
- The essential oil is suitable for all skin types
- It comes with an exquisite fragrance
- The plant is hand-harvested in a small batch to give an optimal quality
- It is made in a way that it ensures broad-spectrum extraction
- The product is cruelty-free with no adulteration
- It comes with a fresh Camphoraceous scent that is medicinal
- The oil is beneficial for Aromatherapy and diffuser
- It helps to refresh one’s mood
- It helps in improving dry scalp and fights lice
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Anveya Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil – 100 percent natural and pure oil
This is a 100 percent natural and pure essential oils that are suitable for the treatment of pimples, acne, dandruff, skin and face care and scars. The essential oil can also be used for skin, nails, and toe infections.
The essential oil is manufactured in a certified organic facility, and the Anveya Australian Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) is one of the top therapeutic grade oil. It is gotten using the steam distillation method without any artificial or chemicals.
One major benefit of this product is that it helps to boost one’s immune system. This is as a result of the antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It helps to fight against the skin and most hair infections. It is reputed for its spicy, camphoraceous aroma with a blend of woody smell.
- The Anveya Australian Tea Tree Essential oil is useful for the treatment of acne, scars, and pigmentation
- It acts as a great solution in fighting yeast, fungus, and fungal infection.
- It can be used to treat hair infections such as lice and dandruff
- Suitable for cleaning your home and giving it a fresh scent
- Tea Tree essential oil helps to fight germs, bacteria, the air clean and bed bugs
- It is paraben and chemical-free
- It is vegan and cruelty-free
- It comes in a dark amber bottle to prevent it from sun
- The leak-proof cap and built-in dropper makes it easy to use
- No negative points observed so far.
3. Lavenflo Lavender Essential Oil
This is a 100% natural and pure essential oil of lavender that contains no fillers or additives. Lavenflo is a cruelty-free brand and their lavender oil is one of the best oils they offer.
Use this oil in your bath water or mix it with your cosmetics to experience its calming effect. This oil can be used in a carrier oil to increases its effects. It has cleansing abilities and a soothing fragrance.
One bottle contains 15ml of lavender essential oil. It is prepared through steam distillation of lavender flowers. This oil is free from artificial fragrances, colorants, GMOs, and harmful chemicals.
- Lavenflo lavender essential oil has curative properties.
- It can be used to create perfumes.
- Use it before sleeping to have a deep and uninterrupted sleep.
- It is packed in an amber-colored bottle that keeps it protected.
- Mixing this oil in hair care products reduces dandruff.
- The comforting floral scent eliminates stress.
- It can be mixed in a carrier oil and applied to the temples to relieve headaches.
- It has anti-bacterial properties to control the occurrence of pimples.
- The therapeutic effects of this oil make it fit for aromatherapy.
- No negative points were observed so far.
4. Core & Pure Sensual Massage Oil
This is a unique massage oil that is made with 100% pure and therapeutic-grade essential oils. It is meant for giving the body a deep massage to promote youthfulness and encourage feelings of romance.
One bottle of this oil contains 100ml of product. It comes in an amber-colored bottle with a convenient pump design.
The psychological benefits of this oil awaken sensual feelings to enhance physical wellbeing. It contains extracts of grapevine, sesame, argan, sandalwood, clary sage, jasmine, soy, and lavender.
- It enhances intimacy by promoting feelings of romance.
- This oil is suitable for all skin types.
- It is a unisex product for adults of all age groups.
- The natural aphrodisiac properties of this oil liven up your love life.
- It relaxes the senses and soothes the body.
- It contains only natural ingredients and no harmful chemicals.
- The mind feels energized and aromatized after massaging this oil on the body.
- It relieves mental and physical tensions.
- Applying this oil on the skin makes it soft and supple.
- The seductive blend of natural oils enhances intimacy between couples.
- It has a non-greasy finish that leaves the skin smooth and fragrant.
- The strong scent may be a put-off for those who are sensitive to smell.
5. Aromatique Rosemary Essential Oil – Best grade Threptic essential oil
Rosemary essential oil is a high grade concentrated oil that is steam distilled and unrefined. It is a suitable option for hair growth, body, and skincare. It is reputed to be 100 percent pure and natural therapeutic grade. The oil helps to invigorate and nourish one’s skin as well as boost the brainpower of its users.
With this Aromatique Rosemary essential oil, it creates a refreshing ambiance for one’s home or workspace. It is also suitable for deep massage as it does not come with any additives or preservatives.
- It helps to nourish and rejuvenates the skin
- It is used as a beauty care item due to some unique properties that the oil comes with
- The essential oil can be used in DIY creams, conditioners, shampoos, and lotions
- It helps for a smooth and sparkling skin
- It acts as an anti-aging astringent for the face and is an excellent remedy for smoothing off fine lines and cellulite
- It helps to boost the circulation of blood for skin and healthy living
- The Aromatique Rosemary oil helps to reduce scars, acne and stretch marks
- It acts as a thick, lustrous hair strengthener
- No negative points observed so far.
6. Elansa 100% Pure Lemon Essential Oil – Pure Lemon Essential Oil
Elansa is a pure lemon essential oil that is delivered with a premium quality glass dropper. This makes it easy for one to use and diffuse. The essential oil is gotten from India from the rinds of lemons. It comes with no fillers, pesticide, or carrier oil. The only ingredient is the distilled cold-processed citrus lemon
The essential oil works as a perfect skincare companion in rejuvenating the skin and as a natural toner. This helps to improve one’s complexion and the texture of dry and dull skin.
It is also a good option for the disinfectant of your home. It helps to keep your home clean and spotless, including your bathrooms and kitchen. The perfect aroma that the product comes with helps to dispels anxiety, negativity and evokes enthusiasm.
- The essential oil is 100 percent natural
- It is suitable for the rejuvenating and balancing of the skin
- A natural toner for dull skin
- It is distilled and packaged in a way that it retains its potency
- It comes with a wonderfully refreshing fruity-citrusy scent
- It helps to ease stress and headaches
- The Elansa essential oil is a potent antiseptic, germicidal and insecticidal
- The product is 100 percent free from paraben and cruelty
- The essential oil helps in reducing flatulence and reducing cellulite
- It helps to boost digestion
- No negative points observed so far.
7. Organix Mantra Lavender Essential Oil – Best for smooth skin
The Organix Mantra Lavender is an essential oil that comes from oil stream distilleries. It is pure and organic and helps one to relax and refreshes the body when added to bathwater. It comes with some powerful therapeutic properties that help to rejuvenate the skin, keep it refresh and make it soft and supple.
With the use of this great essential oil, one’s mood can easily be uplifted. The Lavender essential is extracted from the hand-picked Lavender flowers. With a drop of this oil, one is transported to a new world of tranquility, peace, and calmness.
- The product is GCMS tested and verified
- It is ideal for Aromatherapy
- The Lavender essential oil is vegan and cruelty-free
- The essential oil helps to energize and rejuvenate our body and mind
- It is ideal for skin burn, sunburn, and healing of burn wounds
- It can act as a supplement to body cream and applied on the skin
- The essential oil acts as a hair care solution in eliminating dandruff
- It helps to repel bugs and in inducing a sound sleep
- The smell is powerful and is not liked by all
8. Pure Source India Aroma Diffuser Oil – Best India Aroma Diffuser
The aroma diffuser oil is one of the most refined and the best types of essential oil in the Indian market. It is thoroughly blended with Rose, Lemongrass, Lavender, Mogra, Sandalwood, and Jasmine. It is a good alternative for the stimulation of sleep and unwinding after a stressful day.
- The India aroma diffuser oil helps one to breathe easier
- It can be used in candle, aroma, potpourri, diffuser and as a room fragrance
- Purest and best in its class
- It helps in inducing sleep and fight insomnia
- It is a good alternative for repelling insects such as house flies, mosquitoes, moths and fruit flies
- It comes with a great fragrance
- It leaves a bad stain on the diffuser, which is difficult to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the composition of essential oil?
Essential oil is composed of pure and undiluted oil from the plant. It means that it has not been processed in any way with additives.
2. Is there an official grading system for essential oils?
For now, there is no official grading system that covers all essential oils in India.
3. Is the use of essential oil topically good?
This is dependent on the product and manufacturer recommendation. Most of these oils are not suitable to be used topically since it can be irritating as a result of the powerful nature of the distilled oils.
4. Are essentials oils non-GMO?
Definitely Yes. There exists no commercial crop that is genetically engineered to make essential oils.
5. Can essential oils help one to sleep?
Some essential oils are reputed to stimulate and induce sleep. Some essential oil fragrances such as sweet marjoram, jasmine, bergamot, and lavender are known to help one sleep.
Essential oils are now popular among individuals in India and across the world due to its unique and therapeutic benefits. These essential oils are an excellent alternative for people seeking natural remedies form insomnia, headache, stress, and breathing problems and repellent against insects.
Manufacturers of these essential oils are now providing a variety of products to suit different individual needs. It is, therefore, necessary for buyers to understand the various species and products, knowing their importance before buying.
Always remember that description and labels of these products can be misleading at times, but sticking with the products mentioned above will keep you safe and healthy.