5 Best Compact Powders
Women love to go outdoors, but they are also exposed to pollutants and sweat. This makes their face look oily and stressed, diminishing all the freshness they had before they left their house. This is where compact powders come handy.
Compact powders aka pressed powders are known for their portability. The compact powders save up a lot of time, space, and effort reducing the mess needed to freshen up.
Women just need to get their compact powders out of their beauty kits, bags, or even pocket whenever they feel the need to freshen up. These compact powders will take away the oil, dullness, and even dirt on your face leaving it even-toned and rejuvenated.
However, if you don’t know what to look while buying a compact powder, we have got you covered. Here you will learn about how to select the correct compact for your skin and other things to consider while buying the compact powder.
Top 5 Best Compact Powders
Amazing Oil-Absorption Formula
Premium Quality in a Budget
Finely Milled Powder
Extreme Sun Protection
Premium Casing and Pollution Protection
Selecting the Correct Compact Powder For Your Skin
For Oily Skin
- Choose a compact powder that has a matte finish so that it will stop the production of oil, leaving your skin fresh-looking at all times.
- The matte color will take away the shiny appearance of the skin, especially when you have oily skin.
- Never choose powders that have a shiny finish because it will make your face look oilier.
- This is the primary reason why you should go for a sweat-proof type compact powder because people with oily skin tend to sweat more.
- The sweat can wipe away the powder within a few seconds; that is why the compact powder needs to be sweatproof and waterproof.
For Sensitive Skin
- Always go for compact powders that have natural ingredients in it so that it will not irritate your skin.
- A great example of a perfect powder for sensitive-type skin is a mineral-based compact powder. Since it is mostly translucent, you can expect that it is very light and will not impose any irritation on your skin.
- Non-acnegenic compact powders are perfect for sensitive skin as it does not clog pores which can prevent future breakouts on the skin.
For Dry Skin
- Never opt to buy matte finish compact powders because it will make your skin look drier and pale.
- Use cream-based compact powder because it moisturizes skin that can alleviate the effects of dryness.
- Take note to evenly spread the powder and putting only up to three coats as maximum so that your skin will not look patchy.
Why Should You Buy a Compact Powder?
Well, if we are talking about compact powders, rest assured that it can give you lots of advantages. To provide you with an insight into its benefits, we listed down the most important ones below.
For long-lasting makeup
compact powders are known to be versatile and at the same time gentle on the skin. So by applying a compact powder on your face expect after makeup, it will not wear out quickly. Some brands can even last for 24 hours after applying it.
from the word itself “compact,” you can expect that the compact powder will not consume a lot of space in your bag or pocket.
you can carry it anywhere you go and will not give you any hassles at all because of its lightness.
compared to other types of powders compact powders are much cleaner because they have a protective covering that keeps the foreign objects from coming in.
since the powder is placed in a sealed and flat box rest assured that everything would be less messy while you are using the powder.
Things to Look For When Buying a Compact Powder
since you are buying a product always see to it that you check if it has a warranty. By doing so, you will have the ability to be protected if you see some problems with the item. Also, always check for the expiry date of the product as you don’t want expired product exposed to your skin.
because you are dealing with a product that takes direct contact with your skin, it is essential to know if it will not inflict any harm on your skin.
there are different shades that you can find while shopping for a compact powder. You have to choose what will fit your skin tone and needs. In selecting the correct shade for your skin tone, you can refer to the points below.
For fair people, the yellow-based powder is much advisable to use because it will give your face the natural and fair look that you deserve.
For tanned skin people, you could go for a copper-colored powder to make your skin look brighter. How does it make the skin brighter? It conceals the tan easily, thus making your skin looks more radiant.
For dark skin tone, it is strongly suggested for you to opt-in using translucent, copper-tinted, or loose powder shades to prevent your face from looking chalky.
For medium skin tone, go for apricot-colored powders because it prevents your skin from looking dark. It will also make your face more vibrant, which will enhance your appearance.
know if the price is reasonable enough for its quality and built. It is always lovely to look for the cheaper one, but it must not compromise the quality at all times.
always ensure that the materials used do not contain any harmful chemicals that can put human’s health at risk. Toxic chemicals can impose allergies, skin diseases, or worst case scenario skin cancer.
Easy to clean
check if the interior of the compact powder can be easily wiped off, especially when messy already.
know if the lock of the compact powder functions and seals according to its use to ensure that the powder itself will be at its best condition at all times.
The thickness of the powder
it is crucial to check if the compact powder has decent depth or thickness by doing so, you will have an idea if it will last long.
check the sponge if it is non-abrasive and easy to clean for better satisfaction.
5 Best Compact Powders
1. Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Compact Powder – Amazing Oil-Absorption Formula
Become fresh-looking and get that even skin tone that you are looking for in no time. Lakme has produced a fantastic breakthrough in the world of cosmetics.
They have created a superb product that will bring you the satisfaction that you need. This Lakme 9 to 5 Flawless Matte Compact Powder has an integrated Vitamin E in it to keep your skin supple and healthy while maintaining its freshness.
- Has a excellent oil absorption leaving your face oil-free and fresh when needed.
- It will not alter your natural skin tone leaving your original Indian skin visible at all times.
- This compact powder has three shades that will surely suit your skin colors such as almond, apricot, and melon.
- Considering its premium-quality, the price seems to be pretty affordable.
- The mirror is super bright, giving you the privilege to check your face quickly whenever you need to.
- There is no product replacement available.
2. Maybelline New York White Super Fresh Compact Powder – Premium Quality in a Budget
When it comes to cosmetics, it is unquestionable that Maybelline New York is one of the best ones out there. Throughout the years, they have been providing beauty products globally that captured the hearts of people. When we are talking about compact powders, they also have something for you to ponder.
Their Maybelline New York White Super Fresh is probably one of the best ones out there because it is made of premium materials that will surely freshen up your face! Furthermore, it has an SPF 28 formula that will protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, especially if you spend most of your time outdoors.
- The product has excellent packaging making it super safe to transport everywhere.
- When it comes to the design, we can say that this compact powder is pretty unique. Although the casing is only colored in white, you can distinguish its distinctiveness among the other compact powders available in the market.
- It only weighs 8 superbly light grams, and it will bring you a lot of comforts if you plan to bring it outdoors.
- This compact powder will keep you fresh up to 12 hours upon using it, making you save a lot of time and effort in reapplying the powder.
- It will help you absorb sweat and oil, leaving the skin of your face supple and fresh.
- It is a great pressed powder for oily skin
- The casing is too thin, making it difficult to hold when using.
3. Coloressence Compact Powder – Finely Milled Powder
Coloressence has been putting colors to the lifestyle of Indian women in recent years. They have an excellent reputation when it comes to manufacturing beauty products. This is probably because of their years of experience in making cosmetics.
They have this wonderful Coloressence Compact Powder that will freshen you up to the next level. It has top-notch materials that will keep your skin safe from allergies or whatsoever. Let us now tackle more of its pros and cons to see if it fits for you.
- The powder is super responsive when you apply it on your face, which will save you a lot of time, especially when you are busy.
- It provides a natural look on your face making your appearance simple yet elegant.
- The price is affordable, which will surely fit the budget of ordinary people.
- Perfect for long hours of use because it does not wear out easily. On the other hand, it is also easy to wash and wipe off when needed.
- This compact powder comes in different shades (ivory and beige) that will surely fit the skin tone that you have.
- The microfine powder that it possesses makes it super nonabrasive, which makes it gentle for the skin, especially the delicate ones.
- It is extremely matte, which makes it not suitable for dry skin.
4. Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte SPF 40++ – Extreme Sun Protection
When it comes to choosing your personal compact powder as much as possible, you want it to be less sticky. By having such an attribute, you will have the ability to keep yourself away from the annoying feeling of stickiness. If that’s the case, we have a suggestion for you.
This Lakme Sun Expert Ultra Matte SPF 40++ will bring you to the highest level of satisfaction with its combination of extreme sun protection and non-sticky formula.
- Since it has an ultra-matte formula, you can expect that it will take away that oily look on your face even if you stay outdoors for prolonged periods.
- It has a stylish and vibrant design that will impress your friends once they see that you are using this compact powder.
- It can shield you from both UVA and UVB rays keeping you safe from sunburns and skin cancer.
- This powder really lasts long on the skin which will spare you from reapplying the powder all over again.
- It has a unique formula that removes dark spots and prevents premature aging such as wrinkles from appearing.
- This compact powder only weighs 7 grams which makes it very comfortable to bring anytime and anywhere.
- Not for dusky and tanned skin tone.
5. Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact Powder – Premium Casing and Pollution Protection
It is crucial for a compact powder to be filled with vitamins so that it can also enhance your skin while maintaining its freshness. This is where Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact Powder got an edge because it is loaded with vitamin C and E. These vitamins are crucial to brighten up and preserve the freshness of your skin.
Furthermore, it is created by a well-known brand which is Lakme. They have been providing cosmetic products all over India that are guaranteed made of high-quality materials
- It has an elegant casing that will surely add up some wow factor to your personality.
- The sponge of this compact powder has a micromesh technology that assures you that it is not abrasive on your skin. This will prevent allergies, inflammation, and bruises from happening.
- It has a moisturizing formula that will help prevent dryness and scaling on your face.
- The texture and color blend easily on the tone of the skin, making it super reliable to use.
- The allantoin formula will protect your skin from the pollution, which is the primary cause of premature aging to the skin.
- The price is super affordable.
- The sponge is a bit thin.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the right way to apply a compact powder?
By utilizing the sponge, press lightly on the powder cake then apply it on the face starting from forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin.
Make it even by using light downward strokes. Check for other powder buildups then clean it up if any.
2. Do compact powders compatible for all kinds of skin?
Yes, as long as you do not have any allergic reaction to the compact powder’s ingredients.
3. Can a compact powder’s effect last for the whole day?
Yes, as long as you spread it well and in proper amounts.
4. Are compact powders safe for long-term use?
Yes, as long as you buy from branded names because they will never attempt to put harmful chemicals in it.
5. Do all compact powders possess SPF protection?
Right now, most compact powders possess an SPF formula which is the trend of modern compact powders.
6. Is it safe to wash the sponge of the compact powder?
Yes, they are entirely washable as long as you will dry them carefully after washing.
7. What is the best SPF for a compact powder high or low SPF?
Both are beneficial for protecting our skin from the harmful rays of the sun. However, high SPFs are useful if you plan to stay much longer outdoors as you do not have to reapply the powder from time to time.
8. Do compact powders have a certain age requirement before you use it?
There is no specific age requirement for you to wear it as long as you do not have any allergic reaction to powders.
9. Can I apply a compact powder even if I do not wash my face will it give me acne?
No, as long as you wash the sponge after use so that the germs will not accumulate on the sponge that’s why when you will use it is clean enough, and the dirt will not transfer to your face.
What a great discussion we’ve had! We hope that you now have an idea of what compact powder to buy. With regards to our own opinion, Lakme Radiance Complexion Compact Powder is the best one on the list. However, it primarily depends on the different factors that we have tackled for you to choose the best compact powder that will suit you. Just feel free to select any from the list depending on your needs and preferences.