Best Hair Masks India
One of the most uncomfortable moments for most people, especially ladies, is having dry or damaged hair. Hair damage can be as a result of different factors. These factors include the lack of vitamins, dehydration, or a need for a color boost for the hair. It is, therefore, vital for one to lay their hands on the right remedy.
By introducing a suitable hair mask into one’s hair care routine, an individual can easily keep the hair lustrous and smooth. With a good hair mask, damaged hair strands can be repaired quickly, and provides the hair with the needed care.
For this to be possible, it is vital to select the right hair mask from the numerous brands and hair mask types in the India market.
In this article, we would be listing out five of the best hair masks in the market for your bleached hair, dry hair, frizz, and split end hairs. Follow our recommendation to make your hair healthy again.
To know more about hair masks, we have included the information about the different types of hair masks along with the benefits of hair masks, various tips to consider before buying hair masks, buyers guide and a few FAQs
Top 5 Hair Masks
Benefits of using hair masks
Hair masks come with some unique benefits that make it an important necessity for everyone that wished to keep their hair smooth and moisturized. Some of these benefits include the following.
Gives shiny and smooth hair
The use of a hair mask keeps the hair shiny and smooth. With this essential item, one is free from the risk of developing dandruff and scruffy hair.
Hair maintenance of colored hair
Hair coloring often causes dryness and some side effects as a result of the application of chemical-based products. Therefore, hair masks act as a good source of restoration of the softness and health of the hair after the extreme hair color treatments.
To reverse hair damage
The use of a hair mask is an excellent way for anyone that wishes to modify previously damaged hair. With this hair mask, damaged hair strands can easily be repaired.
Easy way to moisturize one’s hair
The use of a hair mask is an easy and inexpensive way to keep hair bouncy and robust in less than five minutes.
Types of hair and suitable hair masks
Human hair comes in different types, and this tends to require different distinctive hair masks. To figure out the ideal hair mask for one to use will require the individual to know the exact hair type that they have. Here are some hair types that you need to know.
Dry Hair Type
Individuals with dry hairs are expected to make use of masks with oil-based ingredients. These types of masks are supposed to replenish the moisture that the hair strands need.
Curly Hair Type
For curly hair, it is essential to go for masks that come with a richly hydrating oil. These oils could be in the form of olive, castor, Marjan, and coconut.
Color-treated Hair Type
This is known to be an arid hair type. Therefore it will require one to go for a hair mask that can easily keep the hair hydrated or rich in rice protein. This hair type is a perfect hair type for masks. It is crucial, therefore, to go for a mask that comes with linseed extract since it will help to preserve the melanin content of the hair.
Oily Hair Type
For people with oily hair type, making use of a mask that is thick and rich will make the hair more lustrous and less greasy.
Thin Hair Type
This type of hair type can easily be weighed down when one makes use of moisturizers. Therefore it is necessary to look out for a good mask that will balance the hair’s pH levels without it adding additional moisturizers. It is important, therefore, to look for masks that are filled with lightweight hydration.
Buying Guide for hair masks
In selecting the ideal hair masks in the market, one needs to note some essential qualities that can either make or mar the beauty of the hair. Here are some important things to note when making one’s selection
Know your hair type
One of the most critical factors to consider when selecting a hair mask type is a consideration of the individual hair type. Like we stated earlier, people come in different hair types. These hair types include the dry hair type, the curly hair type, and the color-treated hair.
Others include the oily hair type and thin hair type. It is, therefore, necessary to understand your hair type before making a selection of your hair mask.
Hair mask ingredient
Hair masks come with different ingredients of hair supplements. Therefore, it is essential to look out for these ingredients before one makes a buying decision.
For damaged hair types, it is necessary to go for hair masks that come with keratin formula. This keratin formula is that protein that forms a layer in the outer part of one’s hair strands.
It is, therefore, necessary to go for hair masks that come with keratin as this will help the hair to get a smoother feel and also to fill in the gaps in the hair cuticles.
Affordability of the mask
The cost of the mask is another critical factor to consider when making a selection. It is important to note that most hair masks made from quality ingredients are expected to be expensive
This is another thing one needs to consider when buying a hair mask. How often you will be making use of this mask will determine the one to purchase. If you intend to buy a mask that you will be using more frequently, then it is necessary to go for a larger one. You can also go for a high-end option for special occasions.
Moisturizing of the mask
For individuals with dry hair, it is essential to go for a hair mask with moisturizing oil. It is therefore important to look out for some moisturizing oil ingredients such as olive oil, jojoba oil, Argan oil, and other natural oils. These oil types help to keep the hair strands fully hydrated and also to protect them from UV rays.
Silicone Based hair mask
For individuals with a shiny or sleek hair type, silicone-based hair type is needed. But in recent years, most practitioners have stood against hair masks with silicon ingredients. It is essential, therefore, to choose hair masks that are free from silicon-based ingredients.
Endeavor to check-out the ingredients used in making the product. Look out for those ingredients that end with “cone” such as amodimethicone and dimethicone and stay away from them.
5 Best Hair Masks
1. Mamaearth’s Onion Hair Mask – Editors Pick
The Mamaeath’s onion hair mask is an essential hair mask that comes with organic bamboo vinegar for the control of hair fall. The hair mask works on the root of the hair, thereby strengthening the hair strands. It is a very renowned hair mask in India and suitable for all lovers of strong and healthy hair.
- One significant advantage of this hair mask is its ability to make one’s hair healthy and thick.
- It helps in reducing the hair fall.
- The Mamaearth onion hair mask is made from natural ingredients that give the hair a shiny look at all time
- It comes with a robust anti-bacterial action that helps to reduce itch and irritations that are caused by skin troubles or dry scalps
- The onion hair mask is an excellent alternative for the repair of damaged hair and the restoration of lost nutrients.
- One other pro of this product is that it is 100 percent natural and toxin-free
- No negative points were observed
2. Biotique Bio Musk Roo – Excellent Root Hair Musk
The Biotique Bio Musk Root is an ideal hair mask for keeping the hair lustrous, healthy and robust. The hair mask is enriched with an extract of Bael and Musk root. This ingredient works harmoniously to treat inflammation while strengthening the hair strands.
Other ingredients that this unique product comes with includes nutmeg that helps in rejuvenating the scalp of the hair, and the licorice for promoting thicker and stronger hair strands.
- The hair mask helps to rejuvenate the hair roots and scalps
- It helps to eliminate toxins from the hair scalps
- The hair mask comes with a blend of herbal ingredients that can help to nourish the hair follicles to promote hair growth.
- Another important pro of this product is the reduction of hair fall
- It consumes less time while applying.
- Ease of using the product
- It is suitable for all hair type and also for both men and women
- It has strong henna like the smell
3. Indus Valley Deep Hair Spa – Best Keratin Hair Mask
The Indus valley hair ultima spa is an excellent option for anyone that wishes to maintain a great and healthy hair type. The hair mask helps to make the hair follicle robust, shiny, and bouncy. The hair mask comes with unique ingredients such as Basil oil, Methi, Lavender oil extracts, and Almond oil. Others include Cetyl Alcohol that is effective for the moisturizing of the hair, hydrolyzed wheat protein, and wheat germ extract.
- The hair mask helps to eliminate dandruff and other hair infections
- Helps in rejuvenating damaged hair and prevents hair fall
- Keeps the hair follicle strong
- It is suitable for all age bracket
- The hair mask does not come with any drying fatty alcohol
- It helps to balance the hair pH and also to revitalize the scalp balance
- It has essential natural ingredients which help in blood circulation and detoxifies the cells
- Some users of this product complained of its Weird kind of smell
4. StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Mask – Best Organic Hair Mask
The StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Mask is a deeply hydrating and conditioning mask used for pampering of one’s hair to look good and healthy. The hair mask helps one to repair damaged hair within a short time.
The StBotanica Moroccan Argan Hair Mask helps to moisturize your natural hair and reputed for its deep conditioner. With the hair mask, one needs not to bother again about dead and frizzy ends of the hair, dried hair and the hair breaking or falling off while washing.
- The Moroccan Argan hair helps to strengthen weak and damaged hair
- With its natural extracts, it gives the moisturized hair a soft silky texture
- It helps to keep the hair strands hydrated and deeply conditioned
- Free from harmful chemicals, colors, sulfates and Parabens
- Comes with a unique combination of Vitamin B5, natural oils and Vitamin E
- The hair mask helps to stimulate and heals scalps and hair follicles
- Quite expensive
5. L’Oreal Paris Total Repair Masque – The Most Popular Hair Mask
L’Oreal Paris is still one of the most popular hair masks used by women in India. It is reputed for its fight against the five signs of damage that affects human hair. It is made explicitly for damaged hairs and thoroughly blended with ceramide and protein. One unique feature of this product that makes it stand out from its competitors is the Ceramide-cement technology that the product is designed from. This innovation helps to replicate the human hair natural cement.
- The hair mask helps to nourish the hair when damaged
- A good option for Hair fall, dullness, dryness, roughness, and split ends
- Helps to keep the hair supple, healthy, shiny and smooth
- Keeps the hair more manageable
- More affordable when compared to other products
- The product comes with no seal
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about the use of a hair mask
1. How often can one make use of a hair mask?
This is a critical question that most users of a hair mask often ask. It is important to use a hydrating hair mask at least once a week. But for a drier hair, one can make use of the mask twice or three times a week.
2. Why should one use a hair mask?
A hair mask helps in hydrating and restoring one’s hair. With a good hair mask, a difference can be made in the texture and strength of the hair.
3. How long can one leave a hair mask on one’s hair?
A hair mask can be left on the hair for a period of four to five minutes for oily hair. For dry or rough hair, it is necessary to allow it to stay for fifteen to twenty minutes before removing. Some individuals can leave it overnight if the hair is fully dehydrated.
4. Is keratin mask good for hair?
Absolute Yes. Keratin mask is suitable for human hair since it is one of the most important proteins that can be found naturally in human hair. Keratin is known to be non-permeable and plays a vital role in forming a protectant layer on the hair
5. Do hair masks help split ends?
Hair masks help split ends since it nourishes the hair while reducing the appearance of split ends.
Keeping your hair strong and healthy is a task for both male and female – and selection of these hair masks may not be an easy task. It is therefore important to regularly protect one’s hair by using a hair mask.
This is as a result of some harsh pollutants that are present in the environment and most chemicals used in treating the hair. With these products listed above, one can now keep the hair healthier and stronger all day.