Best Lip Balms
No one wants to experience dry lips because it makes us feel irritated and make us look bad. Dry lips can result in chapping and cracking of the surface of our lips. And the worst-case scenario, bleeding can also occur on our lips if we take dry lips for granted, which is painful.
Thankfully, lip balms were introduced as the solution to this dilemma of dry lips. They are moisturizers for lips and are handy. They are small in size and can easily fit in bags or even pockets. You can easily apply it whenever you feel the need to moisturize your lips.
Lip balms will transfer your dry, chapped lips into soft, vibrant, and healthy-looking lips. So you do not have to be afraid even when extreme weather condition strikes.
Furthermore, lip balms are enriched with vitamins and minerals that will improve your lips’ texture in the long run. Other pros of having them are that a lot of lip balms have a UV protection formula that will keep your lips safe from the harmful rays of the sun.
However, there are lots of lip balms that are available in the market right now, which makes it tough to choose one. There are also several factors why you should buy a lip balm and its benefits.
Do not worry because we got you covered. Here you will find buyers guide and a list of lip balms, right from best lip balms for men to best lip balms for dry lips. You will also find the different types of lip balm and a few frequently asked questions.
Top 6 Lip Balms
Amazing Color Transformation
Premium Quality on a Budget
Unique Fruity Flavor
Outstanding Sun Protection
Vibrant Pink Tint
Soothing Cherry Aroma
Why Should We Buy a Lip Balm?
whenever your lips are moisturized, you can prevent being irritable as it is never a good feeling to have cracked lips because it is painful.
Instead of carrying petroleum jelly or moisturizer stuff that are bulky lip balms are a right choice. Lip balms are usually super small in size; they are just like a lipstick that can fit even in small pockets.
Better overall health
if you use a lip balm, you can prevent yourself from accumulating infections that are due to wounds that are caused by dry lips.
Safer to use
by using a lip balm rest assured that the moisturizer will be concentrated on your lips and there will be a lesser chance that it will go inside your mouth.
Since lip balms are mostly solid, you will have the ability to moisturize your lips without experiencing spills or other messy stuff.
Types of Lip Balm
You can find the two most common types of Lip balms. It is just a matter of preference of what you will choose among them. Below are the two basic types of lip balms:
Cream-Based (Bottle or Flat Round Container)
This type of lip balm is placed in a small round container and inside of it is a cream. You will have to use your fingers to get the cream and apply it manually to your lips. This is perfect for indoor use.
On-Stick (Plastic-Twist Container)
A type of lip balm that is perfect for both indoor and outdoor use. It is ideal for people that love to go outdoors because it is more hygienic and more comfortable to apply.
Things to Look For When Buying a Lip Balm
know if the ingredients are safe for human use by checking there are no harmful ingredients such as paraben. This will help you prevent diseases from occurring that are caused by those ingredients.
The solidness of the balm
It is essential for the balm to be not too soft so that it will not be deformed easily, especially when you are using it.
if you are very particular with the smell you can go for lip balms that are perfumed to make your experience more satisfying. However, you must watch out if you have allergies to fragrance because it can aggravate it.
Check if the casing is sturdy enough. By doing so, you will know that the balm inside of it is completely secured. There are times wherein we left our beauty kits on our cars that are parked under the intense heat of the sun, and a sturdy casing will prevent the balm from melting.
Know if the dial can be easily turned so that you will not have a hard time while using it.
hen it comes to beauty products, it is essential to determine the expiration date. By doing so, you will maximize the benefits that you will get from the product and at the same time prevents any side-effects that you can get from using expired products.
Size and weight
It is crucial to determine them to ensure that they are portable before you buy them.
6 Best Lip Balms
1. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Balm – Amazing Color Transformation
Everyone wants to have moisturized lips because it enhances the overall appearance of our face. Aside from that, it will make you feel better because you will not have to experience the nasty pain of cracked lips. With regards to that Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Balm would be a great choice. It will not only moisturize your lips but will also make it feel like a baby.
It is equipped with a gentle formula that will surely not inflict any allergies even to sensitive skin. Try it now, and you can reap a lot of benefits from it.
- It has SPF 16 that will protect your lips from the harmful rays of the sun.
- It has a creamy, non-sticky texture.
- This lip balm has a sweet candy fragrance that will surely make your experience more enjoyable. Added the fact that it has a gentle scent that will surely not irritate your sinuses.
- It has a non-sticky formula making every application less messy and non-irritable when using.
- The versatile color and sheen will fit people with different lip colors.
- The body is easy to grip since it is not too rigid or thick.
- It stays longer on the lips, sparing you a lot of time and effort from reapplying it.
- You need to apply in numerous amounts for it to be effective.
2. Nivea Original Care Lip Balm – Premium Quality on a Budget
Nivea has been providing excellent products throughout the years since it existed and they never failed us. When it comes to lip balms, Nivea also has a treat for you because its Nivea Original Care Lip Balm is one of the best lip balms out there.
It has an original formula that is created by Nivea that will provide premium moisturizing experience. You will have the ability to enjoy fresh lips and at the same time, give your lips some sort of nourishment. Come and let us tackle it further by discussing its pros and cons.
- It only weighs 4.8 grams which makes it superbly lightweight so that you can quickly bring it anywhere you go.
- The formula is safe for the skin that is why expect that it will not irritate your lips.
- The balm is well-built, making it stable and will not break easily.
- It has a gentle smell which ensures that it will not irritate your sinus.
- Its effect lasts for up to 12 hours sparing you from reapplying the balm over and over again.
- This lip balm has terrific effects that will help you heal that chapped lips in no time.
- It is a little bit sticky when applied.
3. Lotus Herbals Fruity Lip Balm – Unique Fruity Flavor
If you are a fan of fruity flavors, then you can consider buying a lip balm that is filled with a blend of fruits that will give you the aroma that you are looking for. It is loaded with gentle ingredients that will soothe the dryness of your lips as quickly as possible.
It has a unique formula that combines functionality and luxury. Your lips will be moisturized and ultimately be free from dryness and at the same time, satisfy your sense of smell as well.
- You will get a vibrant and energized feeling on your whole body because of the fruity flavor.
- It has natural antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that will provide you with healthier and fresh-looking lips.
- Since it is made of natural ingredients, you can expect that it will not inflict you with any side-effects.
- The cream is super light, which makes it easy to apply as needed.
- It is packed with vitamin E, which is a great way to enrich your lips so that you can prevent chapped lips from happening.
- The price is affordable and at the same time available in significant amounts which makes it worth it to buy.
- The effect does not last long; that is why you should apply it from time to time.
4. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer – Outstanding Sun Protection
When choosing a lip balm, it is superbly essential that it is dermatologically tested because it will guarantee that the product is entirely safe for use. Just like this Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer, it underwent tremendous checks to ensure its quality.
It is loaded with SPF 15 formula that will help you to become protected from the harmful sun’s rays. Aside from that, it is enriched with vitamins and minerals that will keep your lips as smooth and luscious as possible.
- Since it is made of high-quality materials, you can have the guarantee that cracked and chapped lips problem of yours will completely be resolved.
- The casing is completely sealed, so rest assured that the balm will not leak.
- The SPF protection is good for up to 2 hours which is sufficient enough already if you go outdoors.
- It is perfect for people that have sensitive skin as it does not contain any perfume, coloring, and other chemicals.
- It only weighs 4 grams which makes it super easy to carry anywhere to go.
- It is suitable for both men and women.
- It has a little bit of medicinal smell.
5. Organic Harvest Lip Balm – Vibrant Pink Tint
If you are the type of person that wants to have that girly and young look, then you would probably want a lip balm that has a light pink tint. It is one of the most sought lip balms out there, especially to younger generations.
Introducing the Organic Harvest Lip Balm, it is super safe to use and very functional. You will have the utmost ability to give moisture to your lips and at the same time, make it look funky.
It will also give you the peace of mind while you are using it because it does not contain harmful chemicals such as paraben or sulfate. This will make your lips moisturized without risking yourself of the side-effects that you can get from harmful chemicals.
- It is available in different flavors such as green tea, lily oil, hibiscus oil, and lemon oil.
- Can be used both on bare lips and beneath the lipstick.
- It only uses natural ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter, olive oil, etc. that carefully nourish our lips.
- Since it is made of oil, expect that you can apply it easily without any hassles.
- The product is vegan and cruelty-free.
- It’s only disadvantage is that it has a strong smell due to the natural ingredients that comprise it.
6. Kaya Clinic Cherry Lip Balm – Soothing Cherry Aroma
No one wants to experience chapped and cracked lips; that is why you need to have a lip balm that is handy with you at all times. This Kaya Clinic Cherry Lip Balm will provide you the moisture and soft-glossy look on your lips.
It is loaded with various vitamins that can soften the lips, which will make it look as luscious as possible. Furthermore, it also has an SPF protection formula that will keep you safe from UV rays of the sun.
- It has a fragrant smell of cherries, that is why it is desirable to use, especially when you are outdoors as it will help in diminishing the smell of pollution.
- The unique formula will make your lips supple and soft.
- You will be protected from wounds that are caused by cracked lips which will make you feel more comfortable.
- The price is really affordable, making it fit the budget of ordinary people.
- It is dermatologically tested
- It is super gentle and easy to apply on the lips without the need to put too much effort.
- There are no negative points found on this product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do lip balms dry out lips?
No, as long as the lip balms that you will use are made of high-quality materials. Also, ensure that they are not made of harsh ingredients and with regards to that you can consider a lip balm from our list because they are surely all gentle.
2. How to get rid of chapped lips?
Aside from using a lip balm, you can also add up some routines to ensure that your lips will not chap. Please refer to the following bulleted points below.
- Hydrate yourself with sufficient amounts of water everyday 8-12 glasses will be good.
- Have a healthy diet such as eating green leafy veggies and fruits because they are known to promote better blood circulation, which prevents dry lips.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get the right amounts of sleep every day.
3. Can you apply a lip balm and lipstick all at the same time?
Yes, as long as you apply the lip balm before you apply the lipstick so that your lips will be moisturized just before you put any other stuff on it.
4. How long does the effect of a lip balm last?
Usually, the common lifespan of the effect of the lip balm lasts for about 8 to 24 hours.
5. Can you apply a lip balm whenever you want to?
Yes, there are no limitations as long as you feel that your lips are getting dry; you can apply it anytime.
6. If I always use a lip balm, will my lips become dependent on it?
No, this is just a myth because the purpose of lip balms is just to moisturize our lips. After a certain period, our lips will become soft and supple even if we stop using lip balms because most of the lip balms nowadays contain vitamins that help with the overall health of your lips.
Lip balms are heaven sent because it can protect our lips from extreme weather conditions which is the primary culprit of dryness. By using them, we can enable ourselves to maintain the softness, suppleness, and overall health of our lips.
Among the list, our top picks are the following in descending order, namely Nivea Original Care Lip Balm,Organic Harvest Lip Balm, and Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Balm. Those are our top picks; however, all lip balms in this list functions well, and it is just a matter of choice.
That’s it! We hope that you enjoyed reading this informative article regarding lip balms. Now, you know lip balms and the best lip balms on the market; the next thing that you must do now is to take action.