Best Frying Pan
The finesse of cooking lies in your hands, soul-satisfying recipes, and superiorly crafted cookwares.
A high-quality frying pan or kadai not only makes your cooking pleasurable but also opens the doors to innovative kitchen adventures.
A frying pan is an essential tool for any modern kitchen shelf.
It not only allows you to prepare perfectly cooked food by avoiding food sticking and burning episodes but also provides effortless cleaning afterward.
This article adds crispy and delicious flavor to your frying pan buying experience by briefing about types of frying pans, Buyer’s guide, well-researched reviews of top 10 Best frying pans, FAQs regarding best frying pans.
Top Frying Pan
Tips for maintaining your frying pan
- Avoid exposing your frying pans to excessive heat for a longer duration in the oven. It holds true for hottest burners, gas, ceramic, or induction also. Avoid cooking the food at higher or full- knob-on flame levels.
- Avoid cleaning your frying pan in the dishwasher
- Don’t leave your frying pan empty on a stove or induction cooktops
- Carefully read out the instructions manual from the manufacturer for various safety and cleaning instructions
- After cooking your food, allow the pan to cool down before cleaning it
- Once you clean your frying pan, wipe it with a dry cloth and allow it to dry completely before storing it
Types of frying pans
Based on the different types of coating materials used in the preparation, the frying pans can be classified as below:
Non-stick Frying Pans
The non-stick frying pans are widely popular due to their non-sticking properties.
They prevent food ingredients from sticking to its surface and hence provide easy and convenient cleaning with a smooth wipe using a sponge in warm soapy water.
The non-stick pans are also healthier and low-fat cooking as they don’t consume much oil or fats. They are also lightweight and easy to handle and maneuver while cooking.
Cast-Iron Frying Pans
The cast-iron frying pans are prepared from cast-iron and exhibit robust thermal properties.
The heat retention properties of these pans distribute heat uniformly for long hours.
The cast-iron pans are subjected to seasoning by adding a small amount of oil to its surface and then heated to the oil’s smoke point for unleashing its non-stick properties. Some sellers offer pre-seasoned frying pans.
Stainless Steel Frying Pans
The stainless steel frying pans are stylish and shiny pans that enhance the kitchen’s aesthetic with elegant looks.
They are widely used by home cooks and professional’s chefs as they are easy to clean and offer non-stick properties.
These pans feature tri-ply, five-ply, or even seven-ply layered construction where an aluminum or copper core is clad between two layers of stainless steel. This coating results in uniform heat distribution from all sides across its surface.
Size and Shape
You should consider the size of your family before choosing the pan size. For smaller families, a smaller pan would do and larger families require larger pan.
The widely shaped pans allow for fast and convenient flipping without using a spatula. The pans with wide flared sides provide more space for maneuvering the food and evaporate more water for converting food into a golden crust
Easy to clean and maintain
The pans which are easier to clean and maintain are the ones that last longer. See the cleaning instructions to understand the cleaning procedure. Check out if the pan is suitable for dishwasher cleaning.
The cast-iron pan requires seasoning with oil for long-lasting rust-free durability.
Choose a pan that offers non-stick properties and hence easy to clean with a single wipe of sponge and warm water.
The ergonomically designed frying pans with a proper balance between handle and body are stable for maneuvering and also convenient to place flat on the burner.
The well-balanced frying pans maintain close contact with the induction or ceramic cooktops. It also makes flipping delicate food and swirling crepe batter pretty handy.
Uniform heat distribution
The frying pans that offer uniform heat distribution are preferred as they avoid your food from burning and results in perfectly cooked food.
The stainless steel tri-ply frying pans are excellent pans for their uniform heat distribution properties.
Alternatively, the frying pans prepared from cast or anodized aluminum are inexpensive and serve as an excellent heat conductor.
Not every frying pan has a longer lifespan. The non-stick variants slowly become ineffective as their coating wears off even after proper maintenance.
Thus, non-stick frying pans have a shorter lifespan than their counterparts.
The stainless steel ones can last you for a lifetime if used properly. You should compare the lifetime warranty of various frying pans to choose the one with a larger lifetime warranty.
A proper handle goes a long way in comfortable and convenient maneuvering of the frying pans. A handle should have a cool-to-touch feature to avoid your hands from burning.
Apart from the materials, you should also look out for sturdy rivets that positioned the handles securely to the pan.
The frying pans prepared from heavy materials like cast-iron or copper are heavier than others. Moreover, pans with more cladding are heavier than others.
Choose the frying pan whose weight seems suitable and convenient for tossing and flipping practices with your hands.
Check for the quality of the materials. The materials that have 18/8 or 18/10 grades with chromium and nickel ratios offer longer lifespan, corrosion-resistant, and even heat distribution properties.
Study the pros and cons carefully and choose the ones that ideally serve your cooking needs.
Top 10 Best Frying Pan Reviews
1. Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet – 12-inch
Lodge is a reputed global brand that boasts of 120 years of experience in crafting durable and versatile cookware and accessories. It primarily deals in manufacturing cast iron cookware that will last for generations.
The pre-seasoned cast-iron skillet by Lodge is a perfect cooking companion for searing, roasting, or cooking a one-dish meal. Its unique design comprises an additional assist handle for better maneuvering while cooking.
- Features a 12-inch cast-iron skillet that comes pre-seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- The dimensions of the skillet measures 18 inches length, 2.25 inches height and 12.56 inches width
- The robust cast-iron body offers unparalleled heat retention and uniform heat distribution across its surface
- Features an assist handle in addition to signature teardrop long handle that provides awesome grip for great control and maneuvering
- Heavyweight skillet with 7.9 Kg weight that is ideal for cooking family dinners as it provides a cooking surface area of 74.62
- Cast iron skillet offers great health benefits as it adds the iron contents in food
- Perfect cooking companion for varied cooking tasks including frying, baking, searing, sautéing, braising, broiling, and grilling.
- Versatile cookware that offers the flexibility of cooking with the oven, stove, grill, induction cooktops and over a campfire
- Withstand high temperature cooking with even heat distribution for perfectly and evenly cooked foods
- Durable and long-lasting product designed for lasting generations
- Proper maintenance is required for avoiding rusting
2. Prestige Omega Deluxe Aluminum Granite Fry Pan
Prestige is an innovative kitchen appliance brand that provides a high-quality product portfolio including pressure cookers, grinders, induction cooktops, gas stoves, mixers, non-stick cookware, etc.
The Omega deluxe aluminum granite fry pan by Prestige comprises 5 layered non-stick cookware engineered using German technology and boasts of special spatter coated surface for longer life span.
- Features 5 layered Greblon C3 plus non-stick 5 layered coating that includes top PTFE coating, 2 layers of reinforced spatter coat, intermediate coat, and base coat
- 5 layered coating is designed for lasting 3 times longer than any other simple frying pan and promises stain-free interiors and lasting health benefits
- The outer surface of the pan is constructed from high-quality aluminum with black color powder coating displaying attractive granite finish
- Comes with heat resistant handle that ensures durability
- Offers extended cooking range as it is compatible with both induction cooktops and gas stove
- Dishwasher safe frying pan that offers excellent abrasion resistance
- Superior multi-layered non-stick coating ensures healthier long-lasting cooking with stain-free interiors
- Durable granite finish enhances the beauty of your kitchen shelf
- Non-stick coated frying pan is metal spoon friendly and hence avoids scratching induced wear and tear
- Intermediate coat ensures uniform heat conduction and distribution
- Handle provide an excellent and comfortable grip during cooking and maneuvering the frying pan by way of tossing and flipping
- The dishwasher safe non-stick frying pan is easy to wash, and reuse without any odor of leftovers
- This is a smaller sized pan which is not sufficient for a large family of 4-5 members
3. Rock Tawa PAN 10.5 in Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
Rock Tawa is a progressive Indian brand headquartered in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It provides complete iron cookware solutions for households across the world. It is renowned for its high-quality cast iron skillets, kadais, and tawas.
The Rock Tawa pan is an ideal frying pan for serving various cooking needs from shallow frying to deep frying. It’s a durable product that ensures long-lasting lifespan and withstands high heat conditions.
- Features 10.5 inches diameter iron skillet that is ideally suited for gas stoves, electric and induction cookers
- Comes with a pre-seasoned iron skillet with seasoning using sunflower oil that gives it an appealing golden color
- Engineered for handling high-temperature cooking with ease
- Features an extended handle for convenient frying and cooking with long handle length and short handle length measures 12.1 cms and 2.5 cms respectively
- The thickness of the skillet measure 4.2 mm and depth of skillet measures 5.2 cm
- Comes with 2 litres capacity and one year warranty
- Cast iron skillet offers superior health benefits by increasing the contents of iron on food
- Suitable for a wide range of cooking tasks from shallow frying to deep-frying food items
- Presence of ergonomically designed extended handle allows for convenient maneuvering during cooking
- Its ability to withstand high heat conditions make it suitable for high-temperature cooking
- Durable and long-lasting product that serves for many years with proper seasoning and storage
- Suitable for one-pan meals where you can simply reuse it by cleaning it with water for back to back meals
- The heavyweight frying pan requires careful maneuvering
- Proper maintenance is required for avoiding rusting
4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Non-Stick Fry Pan
Pigeon is a renowned kitchen and home appliances brand based out of Bangalore, Karnataka. It has an impressive product portfolio including burner gas stove, wet grinder, induction cooktop, emergency lamp, juicer, mixer, and grinder, etc.
The Pigeon non-stick frying pan is a black colored aluminum pan that features triple-layered Greblon Stonehenge coating for cooking safe and healthy food for families.
- Features 3 layered Greblon Stonehenge coating
- Prepared from premium grade aluminum with a thermocore base featuring concentric circles
- The black-colored non-stick frying pan that features 3 mm thick durable and sturdy body with the spiral bottom
- Ergonomically designed heat resistant and sturdy handle that can be hanged on kitchen rack for effective space utilization
- Compatible with gas stovetop
- Can be easily cleaned with soapy water and comes with one year warranty
- The robust multi-layered coating that is scratch resistant and metal spoon friendly for avoiding scraping of non-stick coating
- Features extra-thick base for avoiding warping
- Unique spiral bottom design that ensures uniform heat distribution and faster cooking
- Promises healthy and tasty food as it consumes very less oil
- Presence of cool-touch and sturdy handle ensures convenient maneuvering of the frying pan for tossing and flipping food items
- Heavy bottom pan for multiple cooking tasks from shallow to deep frying
- Not compatible with induction cooktops
5. Nirlon Non-Stick Aluminum Mini Frying Pan
Nirlon kitchenware private ltd has been the leading player in the non-stick cookware and stainless steel bottle market space since 1992.
The non-stick mini tapper frying pan by Nirlon is a three-layered coated aluminum pan for cooking delicious and healthy food. It features a black colored front and a red-colored bottom surface that enhances the looks of your kitchen shelf.
- The taper fan features 3 layers of non-stick coating on the aluminum base for withstanding the wear and tear of daily usage
- Constructed from 2.6 mm thick aluminum body
- Comes with riveted bakelite handles that offer convenient grip
- Superiorly balanced and heavy gauge pan designed for gas stove compatibility
- Dimensions of the pan measure 20 cm width and 3 cm thickness
- Unique coating design that consumes less oil and avoids greasy sticking to its surface, thereby serving as a healthier alternative
- Provides quick heating and uniform heat distribution that results in faster cooking and savings of gas-fuel
- A triple-layered durable material provides scratch-resistant properties and allows the flexibility of using metal spoons
- Ergonomic design handles for cool-to-touch feature allows you to toss and flips your food items with great ease
- Large surface area for preparing perfectly cooked food items
- Not compatible with induction cooktops
6. Hawkins Futura Non-Stick Frying Pan
Hawkins is a household name that enjoys a dominating presence in the pressure cookers market across the world. The Hawkins Futura cookware series comprise Tri-Ply Stainless Steel, Hard Anodised & Nonstick, and Stainless Steel Sandwich Bottom Cookware.
The Hawkins Futura non-stick frying pan features high-quality German coating that allows for multiple cooking tasks such as braising, sautéing, frying, searing deep frying, etc.; that makes it an all-purpose pan for your frying solutions.
- Features a 3.25 mm thick and 22 cm width heavy gauge, non-sticky, frying pan with rounded sides and extra height
- Prepared from a unique patented process that employs German coating for quicker cooking and even heat distribution
- Comprise a single long handle that acts as two short handles in a large capacity
- Compatible with gas stovetop
- Features two sturdy rivets that keep the handle locked firmly
- Serve as an all-purpose frying pan for frying, sautéing, braising, deep-frying, searing and other cooking tasks
- A lightweight frying pan that makes it easy for maneuvering with activities like tossing and flipping using a single handle
- Consumes very minimal oil and hence allows for cooking delicious and nutritious food
- High tech coating ensures the greasy and sticky food items don’t stick to its surface and thereby provides effortless cleaning
- Even heat retention and distribution provides for more stable cooking and does not cause food to burn
- Not suitable for washing in a dishwasher
7. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Induction Non-Stick Frying Pan
Amazonbasics is Amazon’s private label brand that was launched in 2009 and offers a range of quality and affordable products across categories like kitchen gadgets, tech accessories, cables, bedsheets, towels, batteries, travel, sports, etc.
The stainless steel non-stick frying pan by Amazonbasics is durable and versatile cookware that makes up for an ideal kitchen companion for your cooking requirements.
- Features a 24 cm stainless steel non-stick frying pan with a wide, flat bottom and gently flared sides
- Comes with a non-stick Teflon interior coating that allows for easy food release
- Exhibits eye-catching shiny silver-polish exterior finish that enhances the beauty of your kitchen
- Compatible with various heat sources such as gas stovetops, induction cooktops and oven
- Suitable for washing in the dishwasher for quick cleaning
- Features two sturdy rivets that securely holds the handle that provides a soft and convenient grip
- Serve multiple cooking tasks such as frying, sautéing, braising, and searing for preparing a wide range of perfectly cooked foods
- Does not allow the greasy and sticky food to stick on its surface and provides for convenient cleaning
- Allows effortless maneuvering of food by way of conveniently tossing and flipping food and sliding it smoothly for landing it gracefully on plate
- Teflon non-stick coating allows for cooking with no or minimal oil and hence results in healthier and nutritious food cooking
- Soft grip handle comes with a hole at the end of the long handle for convenient hanging in kitchen cabinets
- Does not come with a glass lid
8. Amazon Brand – Solimo Non-Stick Frypan
Solimo is Amazon’s inexpensive generic brand that caters to a wide range of products across its myriad categories such as kitchen equipment, razors, trash bags, beauty, and makeup products, etc.
The non-stick frying pan by Solimo is affordable and reliable cookware for preparing healthier and perfectly cooked foods with great ease and pleasure.
- Prepared from 100% virgin aluminum from Hindalco
- Features a 2.9 mm thick and 5.4 cm depth, robust and sturdy cookware for withstanding wear and tear of daily kitchen usage for years
- A lightweight pan that weighs only 578 gms; Compact round shape that comes with a capacity of 1.8 litres
- Comprises two layered non-stick coatings of food-grade and imported aluminum
- Comes with 12 cm long bakelite handle with double rivets
- Compatible with gas stovetops and induction cooktops
- Suitable for washing in the dishwasher for effortless cleaning
- Allows you to prepare myriad vegetables and curries by frying, sautéing, braising, deep-frying, searing and other cooking tasks
- Robust non-stick coating ensures oil-free and healthy cooking
- Attractive sleek looks and eye-catching gleaming red metallic paint makes it an elegant addition to your kitchen cabinet
- Ergonomically designed handle that allows tossing, flipping and sliding food on the plate from the pan in smooth and graceful action
- Does not come with a glass lid
9. Tefal Simply Chef Non-Stick Fry Pan
Tefal has been striving to provide world-class Linen care and kitchen appliances for the past 62 years. It boasts of being the world leader in state-of-the-art small domestic cookware designed for everyday needs of millions.
Tefal simply chef non-stick fry pan is designed for convenient daily cooking through its resist plus non-stick coating, convenient cleaning, lightweight design, and kitchen friendly ergonomics.
- Features 28 cm diameter, non-stick frying pan with resist plus interior coating for long-lasting durability
- Comes with a two-way coating comprising both inside and outside coating
- Compatible with multiple cooktops including gas, electric, ceramic, and halogen hobs
- Features superiorly designed handle with silicon thumb rest
- Prepared from food-grade safe material without any contamination
- Features two sturdy rivets for firmly holding the handle in place
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Ensures durability and long-lasting glide for everyday kitchen convenience with resist plus interior coating
- The two-way coating offers superb cleaning and ultimate comfortable usage experience
- Offers the flexibility of usage with multiple heat sources and proves to be a versatile cookware
- Ergonomically designed handle for easy and convenient maneuvering like flipping the food and sliding it on the plate from the pan
- Consumes no to minimal oil for cooking delicious and nutritious food
- Presence of the food-grade safe body and PTFE non-stick exterior coating ensures safe cooking and maintains the quality of your cooked food
- Not suitable for large families
- Does not come with glass lid
10. Wonderchef Granite Frying Pan
Wonderchef is the foremost cookware and kitchen appliances brand dedicated to providing delicious and healthy food with great ease.
Wonderchef granite frying pan is your ideal kitchen companion for daily frying, sautéing, and browning needs. Its healthy non-stick coating offers durability, functionality, and aesthetics bundled together.
- Features 24 cm diameter, grey colored, non-stick granite frying pan with 1.8L capacity
- Prepared from virgin aluminum that offers superior heat conductivity; pan comprises robust 3.5 mm thick rim and bottom
- Comes with stud-welded handle without any rivets that are seamlessly blended into pan walls
- Features 5 layer professional-grade metatuff non-stick coating for abrasion resistant and excellent food release properties
- Devoid of PFOA, heavy metals and harmful chemicals
- Compatible with various heating sources including gas stove, induction, infrared, ceramic, and hot plate
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Beautifully designed cookware that enhances the kitchen aesthetics with its sophisticated looks
- Provides for faster cooking and even heat distribution that saves time and energy
- Ergonomically designed handle that prevents sticking of food residue and soft-touch provides comfortable and firm grip
- Comes with high durability and thermal stability properties for providing healthy cooking for years with minimal oil or oil-free cooking
- Versatile cookware that can be used on many cooking appliances for preparing a wide variety of delicious dishes
- Does not come with glass lid and cannot be used in the oven
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What types of frying pans do professional chefs use?
The professional chefs commonly used aluminum, stainless steel, copper, and cast–iron frying pans for their cooking jobs such as sautéing, frying, searing, braising, stewing, etc.
Each of these frying pans has its own benefits and flip sides. Depending on their specific need, they employ a distinct frying pan.
2. Is Ceramic better than Teflon?
No, ceramic is safer but teflon is better for cooking. The ceramic coating is devoid of carbon or PFOA, and hence considered a safer option than teflon. However, teflon provides better cooking and non-sticking performance than ceramic.
3. Is frying in a nonstick pan healthy?
Yes, They are a healthier option in the long run. The non-stick pans consume less oil, ghee, and butter for cooking food.
4. Are non-stick pans dishwasher-proof?
The non-stick pans are dishwasher proof only if you intend to use it only for 4 to 5 years. However, if they are subject to 10-15 years of dishwashing, they would get adversely affected.
Whether you are a beginner or cooking maestro, you can explore the versatility of a frying pan by preparing myriad dishes including perfectly tempered dals, crispy snacks, caramelized potatoes, fluffy cakes, etc.
In case you struggle to find the one frying pan that suits all your needs, you should look out for combinations of these frying pans for your complete cooking solutions.
Our Buyer’s guide and detailed reviews of best frying pans would allow you to make the informed purchase of the best frying pan within no time.