Have you ever thought about what goes behind preparing yummy deep-fried food items? In addition to great recipes, good quality and durable deep fry pan or “Kadai” also play an important role.
The kadai is an essential part of any kitchen as it serves the frying, deep-frying, stir-frying and sautéing requirements for preparing mouth-watering dishes.
This article delves deeper into the nitty-gritty of buying kadais and provides insight into types of Kadai, elaborative Buyer’s guide, extensive reviews of Top 9 Best kadai, FAQs, and conclusion regarding best kadais.
9 Best Kadai Reviews Product List
Types of Kadais
These kadais are prepared from aluminium metal which has strong corrosion-resistant properties.
As it does not react with oil, it serves as an ideal kadai for deep-frying requirements and in cases when you need to reuse oil. Moreover, aluminium is less expensive metal so these kadais are cheaper.
The flip side of using aluminium kadais is that they are softer metal and require great care while cleaning. They are prone to wear & tear, and not suitable for washing in the dishwasher.
The cast iron kadais are renowned for heat conduction and retention properties. They are preferred because of their non-sticky effect when coated with oil.
They are durable and long-lasting kadais due to the strength of iron. They are easy to clean and moderately priced variants.
These kadais are heaviest of all the variants and more susceptible to rusting as cast iron gets easily oxidized in presence of oil. They are not recommended for frying with reused oil.
Stainless Steel Kadais
The stainless steel kadais are the most preferred and popular ones. They are induction-safe and dishwasher-safe variants. They are eye-catching in appearance and prove to be a healthier alternative for frying purposes.
They are easy to clean and corrosion-resistant. They can be used with reused oil. However, these kadais are more expensive than their aluminium and cast-iron counterparts.
The main drawback of stainless steel is their unequal heat distribution which causes certain areas of kadai to get much hotter than other areas. If one is not being careful while cooking, it may lead to the burning of food.
Size of the kadai
The size of the kadai is an important factor to consider while buying a kadai as it is based on the quantity of food you intend to cook in it.
The following table serves as a guideline for picking the kadai of appropriate size as per family members.
|S.No||No of family members||Kadai Volume||Kadai Diameter|
|1||3 – 4 members||2.5 litres||26 cms|
|2||1 – 2 members||1 – 1.5 litres||16 -22 cms|
The larger the deepness of the kadai, the better would be the deep frying.
The longer the diameter of the kadai, the more space would be available for heat distribution.
Type of material used
The commonly used materials in the construction of kadai are aluminium, cast iron, and stainless steel. Each one of these has its own characteristics and thus serves a distinct purpose.
The stainless steel kadais are durable, easy-to-wash, shiny in appearance, corrosion-resistant, and healthier options. They are expensive kadais.
The cast iron kadais are durable, long-lasting, and non-sticky variants. They are easy to clean and moderately priced. They are heavy and prone to rust easily.
The aluminium kadais are lightweight kadais that are recommended for deep frying with used oil. They are corrosion-resistant and cheaper variants. Being soft, they easily get dents and scratches.
You must go through these pros and cons for picking the one that best suits your purpose.
Depth, Thickness, and Width of kadai
The primary objective of the kadai is to deep-fry foods. The extent of deep-frying depends on three factors including depth, width, and thickness of kadai.
The depth of the kadai determines its capacity to deep-fry food. The more depth of kadai results in better deep-fried foods.
The width of kadai is related to the availability of space for food pieces for exposure to hot oil. Thus, more width results in better deep-frying of the more food pieces.
The thickness of kadai serves the function of retaining heat and thus causes your food to be less susceptible to burning. However, larger thickness also reduces the speed of cooking as it slows down the heat distribution.
Consider all the factors and choose the kadai with the optimal depth, thickness, and width for precise deep-frying.
Type of Handle
You would find that the kadais feature two distinct types of handles as follows:
One long handle is designed to keep you away from the source of heat and thereby prevents your hands from burning while you hold the kadai.
It runs the risk of putting a burden of the weight on a single hand. They are used when you have a limited quantity of food to cook.
Two short handles are designed for providing a comfortable and sturdier grip while you hold the kadai with both your hands.
These handles may expose your hands to burning. They are used when you have more quantity of food to cook that requires a better grip.
Easy-to-cook and maintain
You should choose a kadai that not only makes your task of cooking a lot easier but also easy to clean. A non-stick kadai with a teflon coating is easy to clean and maintain as food does not stick to such utensils.
Give a thought about the easy maintenance and cooking friendly features before finalizing your selection.
The cookware market space is flooded with a large number of competitive products. As they all are similar looking, you would try to shortlist them based on the reputed brands.
A kadai from a reputed brand promises years of carefree and comfortable cooking and maintenance. A branded kadai ensures a good quality, durable, and trustworthy product that gives you value for your money.
Top 9 Best Kadai Reviews Product List
1. Solimo Stainless Steel Induction Bottom kadai
Solimo is Amazon’s affordable generic brand that provides a wide range of products across its categories such as trash bags, razors, beauty, and makeup products, kitchen equipment, etc.
The stainless induction bottom kadai by Solimo is an affordable, reliable, and convenient cooking utensil for preparing mind refreshing deep-fried dishes.
- Prepared from 100% food-grade stainless steel that makes it a robust kadai for long-lasting kitchen usage
- The kadai dimensions measure 25 cm in diameter and 7.8 cm in depth for perfectly cooked dishes
- Features high-quality induction bottom that is also compatible with gas stove
- With a 0.6 mm thickness and 3000 ml capacity, it is a strongly-built and durable product
- Features double riveted ear handles
- The product dimensions conveniently serve multiple purposes such as cooking, frying and serving for everyday kitchen uses
- Offers compatibility with induction cooktops as well as a gas stove
- Ideally suited for frying Indian snacks like samosa, pakoras, & papads, and cooking deep-fried curries and gravies
- The handles provide an excellent and firm grip while holding and lifting the kadai
- The kadai is easy-to-clean and dishwasher-safe product
- A 3 litres kadai suitable for cooking food for a large family
- Does not come with a covering lid
2. Prestige Omega Deluxe Granite Kadai
The Omega deluxe granite kadai by Prestige is a 5 layered non-stick cookware designed using German technology and features a special spatter coated surface and large capacity for serving a large family.
- Features Greblon C3 plus non-stick 5 layered coating (top coat, 2 layers of reinforced spatter coat, intermediate coat, and base coat) that is durable enough to last 3 times longer than any ordinary kadai
- Comes with a durable handle that is constructed from heat resistant handle
- A glass lid engineered using tempering process for enhanced strength and toughness
- Compatible with both induction cooktops and gas stove
- The outer body of cookware is prepared using high-quality Aluminium and exhibits black color powder coating with granite finish
- With 5 layers non-stick coating this kadai ensures healthier long- lasting cooking experience and stain-free interior
- Granite finish enhances the kitchen aesthetics
- The outer coating is designed for easy and convenient cleaning
- The handles provide a convenient and firm grip while cooking and carrying the cookware
- Presence of glass lid makes it ideal cookware for serving food
- The dishwasher safe non-stick kadai is easy to wash and reuse
- Comes with 2 years warranty and its 3.25 litres large capacity is suitable for cooking foods for a large family
- The kadai heats up too quickly and needs proper attention while cooking
3. Lifelong Non-Stick 2 litre kadai with Glass Lid
Lifelong Online is a budding and promising company in the kitchen and home care appliances market space that provides remarkable products across its portfolio including kitchen, home appliances, grooming, lifestyle, and fitness.
The Lifelong non-stick kadai is a black/grey kadai that offers the convenience of cooking sauces and sweets; preparing roasts and vegetables like a walk in the park.
- Features 3 layer Greblon non-stick coating for cooking tasty dishes with minimal oil consumption
- Durable cookware prepared from thick Aluminium that uniformly and quickly distributes the heat
- Compatible with both induction cooktops and gas stoves
- Features bakelite handles that provide a cool surface for holding kadai
- Comes with a glass lid for awesome steam cooking that saves gas and cooking time
- Black/grey outer body with a capacity of 2 litres
- German coating that allows for cooking tasty curries and better cooked deep-fried dishes by uniformly and quickly distributing the heat from all the sides
- 3 layer greblon non-stick coating ensures less oil, ghee and butter consumption leading to healthy and nutritious cooking
- Scratch-resistant, durable and non-stick cookware designed for preventing the greasy food residue sticking to the kadai surface
- Riveted bakelite handles are cool-to-touch and assists in holding and stirring the kadai on the stove
- Heat resistant and transparent glass lid makes it ideal for serving food and monitors the progress of cooking
- Suitable only for a small family of 2-3 persons
4. Vinod Platinum Triply Stainless Steel Kadai with Lid
Vinod Intelligent cookware is a leading player in the kitchen appliances market space that offers durable and elegant cookware prepared from stainless steel.
The Vinod platinum stainless steel kadai is an innovative kadai with triple-layered construction designed for uniform heat distribution. It exhibits stylish polished exterior and matte-finished interior for delicious cooking and serving.
- Features triple-layered construction with layer 1 comprises food grade 18/8 stainless steel on the inner surface
- Layer 2 comprises covering of Aluminium across the body and bottom of the kadai
- Layer 3 comprises SS 430 magnetic stainless steel for induction friendly cooking
- Comes with ergonomically designed riveted stainless steel handle
- Robust and durable kadai prepared from high-grade stainless steel mirror finish
- Suitable for both induction cooktops and gas stove cooking
- 2.5 litres silver finish kadai with a stainless steel lid
- Comes with 60 months warranty from the date of purchase
- Triple-layered stainless steel kadai engineered for serving the cooking needs of home and industrial chefs alike
- Embraces classic appealing looks with robust functionality of faster cooking, uniform heat distribution, and minimal sticking
- Promotes better health as it consumes less oil for deep frying uses
- Handles are designed for enhanced durability and maximum comfort
- Superior stainless steel ensures long life, less cooking time and perfectly cooked food
- Eye-pleasing looks enhance the aesthetic appeal of a kitchen
- The kadai heats up too quickly and requires proper attention while cooking
5. Hawkins Futura Non-Stick kadai
Hawkins company enjoys an impressive presence in the pressure cookers segment across the world.
With Futura, it provides 3 types of cookware including Hawkins Tri-Ply Stainless Steel, Futura Hard Anodised and Nonstick, and Hawkins Stainless Steel Sandwich Bottom Cookware.
The Hawkins Futura non-stick kadai is a robust deep-fry and round-bottomed pan that boasts of a unique patented process for cooking a wide range of tasty and healthy dishes with minimal oil.
- Features a 3.25 mm thick heavy gauge, non-sticky, deep-fry pan with two short handles and round bottom
- Prepared from non-stick German coating for fast cooking and uniform heat distribution
- Comprise hard anodizing coating that provides hygienic and healthy cooking as it is a non-toxic kadai and does not react with foods
- Features heavy base flat bottom for quick heating and good heat retention
- Durable handle brackets prepared from robust and thick stainless steel
- Plastic handles are cool-to-touch and feature four sturdy rivets for each handle
- A 4 litres kadai that comes with a wooden spatula, plastic scrubber, and two-year guarantee
- Offers non-stick cookware advantage of cooking delicious and nutritious food with minimal oil, ghee or butter consumption
- Suitable for greasy and sticky food items as its coating ensures easy and convenient cleaning
- Durable and long-lasting kadai that does not corrode or tarnish and keeps adding beauty to your kitchen shelf for years
- The quick heating along with uniform heat retention allows for more stable cooking and avoids the risk of burning food
- Ergonomically designed handles are easy to balance and convenient to hold while cooking
- Allows compatibility with gas stove and induction cooktops
- Not suitable for washing in a dishwasher
6. Bergner Argent SS Triply Wok with Lid
The Bergner Argent group has been at the forefront of providing comprehensive kitchenware solutions across the globe from the past 2 decades. Its product portfolio includes kitchenware, tableware, textiles, and electrical appliances.
The Bergner Argent triply kadai is prepared from high-quality three-layered stainless steel for healthy, tasty, and safe cooking. This innovatively designed kadai provides a 360-degree induction base.
- Features triple-layered construction with inner layer comprises food grade 18/10 stainless steel on the inner surface
- Middle layer comprises covering of edge to edge Aluminium sheet
- The third layer comprises 18/10 stainless steel for induction friendly cooking
- Comes with stainless steel lid and ergonomically designed riveted handles
- Comes with 5 years warranty from the date of purchase
- Designed for compatibility with induction cooktops, gas stove, halogen, electric and vitro-ceramic
- 2 litres and 22 cm silver-colored kadai with stainless steel lid
- Triple-layered stainless steel kadai designed for healthy cooking as it consumes less oil, ghee or butter
- Middle Aluminium layers ensure quick heating and uniform heat distribution
- High-quality stainless steel kadai that is non-rustic and lasts longer than ordinary non-stick kadai
- Durable cast handles that stay cool and promise greater convenience and safety
- Presence of flare rims that allow drip-less pouring
- Stainless steel kadai lid provides faster cooking by retaining moisture in the food
- With a 360 degree base, the kadai provides up to 30% energy savings by allowing faster cooking and greater contact with the heat source
- Comes with a non-transparent lid that requires you to lift it every time to check the progress of your cooking
7. Camro Stainless Steel Induction Bottom kadai
Camro Cooker Pvt Ltd is a reputed Indian brand that provides premium grade and quality assured array of stainless steel cookware. The company’s product portfolio includes stainless steel pressure cookers, kadai, fan fry, deep fry pan, etc.
The Camro stainless steel kadai is silver-colored and mirror-finished kadai with triple-layered construction that serves as a perfect companion for cooking delicious deep-fried items such as chips, samosa, etc.
- Features triple-layered non-stick stainless steel kadai with robust interior coating for superior heat conductivity
- The inner surface layer comprises food-grade stainless steel and middle layer comprise an Aluminium sheet
- The outer layer and encapsulated heavy bottom designed for induction compatibility
- Ergonomically designed handle that provides immense comfort, balance, and control
- The strong rivets keep the handle properly positioned
- A large capacity of 3.4 litres is suitable for cooking food for a large family of 4 members
- Ensures better-cooked food due to uniform heat conduction and distribution throughout its surface from all sides
- Provides faster cooking due to better heat transfer and its heat retention ability avoids burning of food
- Consumes very less oil and hence aids in the preparation of healthy cooked foods
- Good quality stainless steel makes it durable for everyday kitchen uses
- Handles provide a firm grip and allow you to stir the dishes when it is placed on a gas stove
- Does not come with a manufacturer’s warranty
8. The Indus Valley Cast Iron kadai
The Indus valley is a renowned Indian brand that deals in natural cookware products that are prepared using natural materials such as wood, clay, cast iron, soapstone, etc.
Its product portfolio includes chopping boards, kadai, ladles, mortar and pestle, tawa, and paniyaram pan.
The Indus valley cast iron kadai is a pre-seasoned and smoothest kadai that assists you in making tasty and healthy food for years and years.
- Features pre-seasoned cast iron kadai that measures 8 inches in diameter
- Cast iron can easily handle high temperature for long hours, that makes it compatible with gas stove, oven or other fires
- Provides traditional rustic taste to your cooked food and consumes less oil for cooking healthy and tasty dishes
- Provides long-lasting benefits that make it cookware for life
- Offers the benefits of non-stick pans with proper maintenance and regular cleaning
- Cooking with cast iron kadai inculcate delicious and conventional tastes in your food
- Provides immense health benefits as compared to other non-stick pans; food cooked in cast iron is enriched with iron
- Suitable for cooking all types of curries and gravies including the ones with rich flavor and cooked in high heat
- It is not compatible with induction cooktops
9. KESAR KUNJ Stainless Steel kadai Cookware
Kesar Kunj is an established Indian brand in the kitchen appliances market space that boasts of an impressive cookware portfolio including kadai, handi, bottle, glass tumbler, tawa, frying pan, thali, parat, glass, spoon, etc.
The stainless steel kadai by Kesar kunj is an intricately designed classic kitchen cookware that enhances the beauty of your kitchen with its traditional pattern.
- Features stainless steel non-stick kadai with 2000 ml capacity
- A classy and traditional finish designed for imparting a royal and elegant look to the kitchen decor
- Prepared from heavy gauge stainless steel for quick heating and uniform heat conduction and distribution
- Ergonomically designed handle that provides superior balance and control while handling kadai
- The sturdy rivets keep the proportionally placed handles in a good position
- Unique and ethically designed cookware that adds the charm of royal Indian cuisine to your kitchenware
- Suitable for both cooking and serving food in great style
- Comes with 2 mm thick stainless steel that provides uniform heat conductivity for perfectly cooked dishes
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Heavy bottom and sturdy stainless steel makes it durable for everyday kitchen uses
- It is not compatible with induction cooktops
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best cookware material for health?
Many cookware materials are considered healthy and safe for cooking and each has its own unique benefits.
- Non-stick cookware
- Stainless Steel cookware
- Aluminium cookware
- Anodized Aluminium cookware
- Cast-Iron cookware
- Copper cookware
- Ceramic cookware
2. Which metal is the safest for cooking?
The safest metals for cooking comprise stainless steel, cast iron, and titanium.
3. Is iron kadai good for health?
Yes. The iron kadai is a non-stick and durable kadai that is easy to clean and maintain. It is safe to cook for longer periods due to its heat retention and conduction properties.
4. Is Teflon banned in India?
No, the Teflon being a non-poisonous material is not banned in India. On the contrary, many cookwares employ teflon coating for easy cooking and maintenance benefits.
5. What is the best grade stainless steel for cookware?
The best grade stainless steel comprises 304 or 316 stainless steel that is considered safe material for cookware.
Whether you would like to do away with old, worn-out kadai or simply upgrade your existing kitchen with a new cookware set, buying a good quality, durable and safe-to-use kadai allows you to hone your masterchef skills.
Even though you won’t give a second thought before purchasing a seemingly trivial object like kadai, we highly recommend you to read our Buyer’s guide and unbiased reviews for buying a kadai that perfectly suits your cooking needs.
After all, the subtle art of deep frying with appropriate cookware makes all the difference to that distinct flavor and nobody compromises on that. Don’t you agree?