Top 7 Best Shampoos In India
A good shampoo is the one that can transform your hair from dull and frizzy to fresh and smooth instantly after a wash! Different hair type requires a different type of shampoo. They are made in a way that its pH is less than seven, which is almost the same as hair.
Shampoos should be followed by hair conditioner. The shampoos clean the hair and scalp, but the conditioner moisturizes the hair keeping it soft and smooth. After applying the shampoo on your wet hair, make sure you avoid direct contact with your eyes and skin to prevent irritation.
In this article, you will find the different types of shampoo available in India like shampoo for frizzy hair, shampoo for hair fall, etc. You will also find a comprehensive buyers guide, a list of 7 best shampoo for hair in India, and a few frequently asked questions.
Top 7 Hair Shampoos
Easy to use
Good for follicle nourishment
Makes the hair healthy
Functional in reducing hair loss
Types of Shampoos
Medicated shampoos are formulated to heal the scalp from infections, restore balance, and repair damaged hair. Infection such as frequent itching or scaling can be discomforting, that’s why medicated shampoos come with active ingredients to cure infections. Other infections, such as dandruff, synthetic fungicides, and more, can also be relieved using a medicated shampoo.
Medicated shampoos come with ingredients such as tar, chlorinated phenols, salicylic, and sulfur for the effective removal of infections.
Colored hair shampoos
After getting your hair colored, it will be helpful to preserve the color. A colored shampoo contains gentle cleansers in adequate proportion to provide optimal color protection. Colored shampoos also come with sea kelp and oil to keep your hair color secured.
Baby shampoos are recommended for infants and young children. It comes with a composition that is less irritating and usually less prone to burning sensation if it gets in contact with the eyes.
Baby shampoos come with features like a pH level of 7 for minimal irritation with the skin and hair. It uses surfactants, which is less irritating than those found in regular shampoos.
Solid Shampoos/Shampoo bars
Solid shampoos are surfactants formulated as solids. They’re easy to use simply by rubbing the bar over the wet hair. It helps to remove build-up from the hair and scalp, leaving it clean and fresh.
It also removes limp, grease, and deposit of weighed down hair. Solid shampoo is also great for people who have a habit of shampooing their hair every day.
Jelly and Gel Shampoos
Jelly and gel were once a popular form of shampoo, and they come with increased viscosity. They’re stiff and non-pourable in texture, and it cannot be spilled, unlike the solid shampoo. It helps to make the hair smooth and fresh after use. This shampoo can be lost down the drain by sliding off wet hair or skin.
Normal shampoos are recommended for people who have healthy hair and do not require any special treatment to maintain it. This shampoo is very efficient and does necessary cleaning o hair leaving behind a slight layer of conditioning to keep the hair soft. They come balanced with a combination of sulfates and surfactants, which are strong enough to clean average sebum production.
2 in 1 Shampoo
2 in 1 shampoo are regular shampoo with additional conditioning benefits. Regular shampoos sometimes keep the hair feeling dry, but 2 in 1 shampoo helps to keep the hair from feeling dry, making it smoother, healthier, and manageable. They do not damage the hair, but in fact, moisturize the hair making it look soft and shiny.
Dry shampoos are a type of shampoo that helps to reduce greasiness in the hair without the need for water. They come in powder form and are usually kept in an aerosol can. Dry shampoos can be used for hair styling like teasing the hair, keeping the bobby pins in place, and in the place of mousse in wet hair.
They help in the removal of hair oil. They help in getting rid of bacteria, dead skin, and other hair infestation. Dry shampoos are designed to make the are dry and soft, shiny, and healthy.
Choosing the best shampoo is very important for your hair. Here’s a list of guidelines to look for when purchasing a shampoo.
Shampoo can clean oil and dirt from your scalp and hair. It’s essential to buy shampoo with excellent cleaning power. This will effectively remove oil and dirt from your hair. Some shampoos contain harsh chemicals and are more drying to the hair which can be discomforting. Therefore, make sure you’re aware of the cleaning power before you buy it.
How you want your hair to smell is necessary. One way to go about this is by checking out the reviews to have an idea of how strong the smell of the shampoos is and what type of aroma it possesses. You can also purchase a shampoo with a fragrance that leaves a lingering scent on the hair, which makes the atmosphere smelling fresh throughout the day.
Ingredients are also necessary when purchasing a shampoo. A good shampoo is composed of a lovely ingredient that can clean and dry out your hair. Right ingredients can make the hair soft and manageable, not tangled, and straw-like.
Some ingredients, such as nut oils and shea butter are also helpful for hydrating dry, coarse, and curly hair. Make sure the shampoo you purchase is paraben and sulfate-free.
It’s is vital to purchase a shampoo that you can afford. Some Shampoos are generally expensive due to its composition while some are affordable. If there’s a desire to purchase the expensive one, go ahead to acquire as long as you can afford it.
7 Best Shampoos
1. Herbal Essences Argan Oil Shampoo
The Herbal Essences argan oil shampoo is curated for dry and damaged hair. It’s infused with the goodness of argan oil of Morocco that makes hair softer and smoother with every wash.
It also has essential antioxidants, aloe, and sea kelp that repairs your hair and brings it back to life within 21 days.
- It is made with 90% naturally derived ingredients that repair and protect your hair from damage.
- It does not contain parabens, gluten, or colorants.
- Antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp purifies lifeless hair.
- Suitable for all hair types.
- It is a pH balanced shampoo and is color safe.
- The botanicals of this shampoo are endorsed by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, London.
- It has an amazing fragrance of fizz citrus, creamy vanilla, and spices.
- Herbal Essences is a cruelty-free brand.
- Not suitable if you have dandruff.
2. WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo – Functional ingredient
Wow Shampoo comes with a concentrated all-natural apple cider vinegar that helps to retain moisture and prevent split ends. It also helps to remove dandruff, itchy, and dry scalp.
The apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help to relieve different hair conditions by unclogging the crusts that form around follicles.
The apple cider vinegar also helps to balance the PH of hair and scalp, resulting in better circulation to the hair follicles, which eventually tends to strengthen the hair root. It restores the smoothness and beauty of the hair.
It is chemical, SLS, sulfate, and paraben-free. It comes with ingredients such as sweet almond oil and argan oil. It helps to clear all build-ups and dusty pollution to let your scalp breathe free, leaving your hair naturally smooth and shiny.
- It has a pleasant fragrance.
- This shampoo provides silkiness, gloss, and strength to the hair.
- The product is made of good and functional quality ingredients.
- It is easy to store.
- It’s a good and safe product for hair cleaning.
- It is affordable.
- They prevent hair loss and dandruff.
- It doesn’t produce lather quickly.
- It can make the hair look drier if it’s not used correctly.
3. Indulekha Bringha Anti Hair Fall Shampoo – Easy to use
Indulekha anti-hairfall shampoo comes with rich balancing and nourishing properties that prevent the hair from falling. It is fortified with hair boosters and designed to make the hair strong, healthy, and manageable.
This luxurious shampoo enters deep into the hair’s fibers to restore flexibility, soothing, repairing, and nourishing root. It also adds a healthy luster to the hair leaving it feeling soft and attractive.
It can be used frequently and on a different type of hair. It stimulates blood circulation and imparting your hair with pure beauty. The shampoo keeps your scalp healthy and free of infection. It comes with medicinal properties that improve hair health.
It is made of medicinal ingredients like ayurvedic and nine bringha plants. It is silicone-free, paraben-free, SLS free, and other harmful chemical-free. There are no added colors and fragrances.
- It prevents the hair fall and reduces dandruff after usage.
- It comes with medicinal properties that help to grow your hair.
- It is affordable.
- It gives a healthy, shiny, and comfortable feeling after usage. It helps to restore the natural goodness of the hair.
- This shampoo has an amazing smell.
- It can make the hair dry if it’s not used correctly.
4. Dove Intense Repair Shampoo – Good for follicle nourishment
Dove intense repair shampoo has excellent growth properties to keep your scalp healthy and free from infection. It comes with a nourishing system that rebuilds damaged hair. It’s suitable for an everyday wash.
This product helps to strengthen the scalp and hair, reduce premature pigment loss from hair, and stimulate hair growth. It helps to reduce hair loss, prevents dandruff, and dry scalp. It gives relaxation to the scalp and reduces stress on the hair.
It helps to lubricate your hair follicles and scalp bed and provide intense hydration. It doesn’t cause itchy scalp, skin irritation, and hair loss. It gives you a healthier, more beautiful, and smoother hair, making it stronger against breakage.
It doesn’t come with harsh chemicals like sulfates and paraben. It comes with safer ingredients such as Sodium Laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, glycerin, and more.
- It is suitable for follicle nourishment, and it helps restore lost nutrients and repair damaged hair.
- They come with a high amount of nutrient that minimizes breakage of the hair.
- It makes the hair smooth and attractive.
- It reduces hair fall and infections that can cause massive loss of hair.
- The product is rich in antioxidants.
- It gives healthy hair after every use.
- The hair may dry if used daily
5. TRESemme Botanique Shampoo – Pleasant fragrance
TRESemme Shampoo is perfect for hair follicle nourishment, which also helps to restore lost nutrients to your scalp. It reduces the rate of hair fall and provides up to 24 hours of frizz control. It gives the hair good growth and beautiful style when it’s used regularly.
It cleans the hair and scalp thoroughly, helps in reducing dandruff, and makes the hair uninhabitable for lice. Its expertly crafted system is infused with a rich botanical blend of camellia and olive oil. This product nourishes the hair, leaving it beautifully soft and moisturized.
It comes with no paraben and dyes. It rejuvenates the hair, and it is safe for color-treated hair. It is specially formulated for Indian hair and is rich in vitamins A, B, C, and E.
- It stimulates quicker hair growth.
- The shampoo is light and comfortably makes the hair look healthy and shiny.
- The product makes the hair feel soft and beautiful after use.
- It lessens dandruff and other hair infestation.
- This shampoo helps with adequate hair growth; it makes the hair healthy, and better.
- Oily hair may require two washes.
6. L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Shampoo – Makes the hair healthy
L’oreal Paris shampoo comes with ingredients that effectively conditions the hair, strengthens the root, and makes the hair strong. It eliminates dryness in just one wash. This shampoo provides adequate nutrients to the hair, making them durable and shiny.
It also helps to make the hair grow faster. It penetrates deep into the scalp giving it the nourishment and care. It makes your hair smooth, shiny, manageable, strong, and less frizzy. This product is suitable for all types of hair. It makes dry and dull hair shiny and attractive.
It comes with natural ingredients such as argan, jojoba, olive, almond, coconut, and more.
It fights hair loss and bacteria that can cause dandruff. It also repairs long term hair damage.
- It effectively controls the hair fall and makes the hair soft and healthy.
- This shampoo is budget-friendly.
- It has a pleasant fragrance.
- Its antibacterial properties are excellent.
- The shampoo is suitable for dry hair and makes it soft and attractive.
- It makes damaged hair look strong and healthy.
- It may require two or three wash to remove oil from the hair completely.
7. Mamaearth Happy Heads Shampoo – Functional in reducing hair loss
Mamaearth hair shampoo gently cleanses and revitalizes damaged hair follicles after usage. It also helps to moisturize the scalp and reduce hair thinning and breakage. The product works on all types of skin. It is enriched with vitamin B5 for hair nourishment and also keeping the scalp healthy.
This shampoo repairs the root to the tip by strengthening and nourishing the hair. It effectively promotes hair growth and slows hair loss. It helps to provide thicker and fuller hair after usage. The product nourishes the hair follicle from the root of the hair to the tip.
It is SLS, chemical-free, sulfate-free, and paraben-free. It comes with ingredients such as glycerine, aqua, lime oil, amla fruit powder extract, and more. It has a pleasant fragrance and provides silkiness, gloss, and strength to the hair. It has biotin, which increases the elasticity of the hair and prevents hair dryness.
- It keeps the hair smooth, healthy and cleansed.
- The product is made of quality ingredients.
- It helps to reduce hair fall.
- It makes the hair feel silky and soft after the first wash.
- It is affordable.
- They help to prevent dandruff and hair loss.
- It can make the hair look dry if it’s not used properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use all the shampoo for my young daughter?
Answer: No, some shampoos are sensitive to some age category while there are some shampoos recommended for infants and children.
2. Is it necessary to use a shampoo with conditioners?
Answer: No, it’s not necessary. Some shampoos give conditioner impact after usage, where there’s no conditioner impact you can buy a conditioner. Conditioners provides soft and silky hair
3. Do they all come with lovely fragrance?
Answer: Well, some shampoos come with pleasant fragrance while some are neutral.
When buying shampoo, it is good to know a few things about the shampoo, especially the ingredients it possesses. If you want the best for your hair, it’s vital to choose the product that meets your needs.