Best Facial Steamers
Using a facial steamer to steam your face helps soften the oil and dirt deposits in your pores and on your skin. It makes it easier to remove the oil and decongest the skin and lets it breathe freely. Steaming also softens the outer layer of skin and improves the penetration of skincare products used afterward.
Top 7 Facial Steamers in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Steamer and a Vaporiser
Best for Kids
Best for Acne and Blackheads
Best for clothes as well as a face
Best option while Traveling
Benefits of Using a Facial Steamer
Facial steamers have various benefits like it helps in learning the acne, moisturizes the skin, helps improve the appearance of skin. It also helps in exfoliating the skin and has a very relaxing effect on it.
Let’s look at all these benefits of Facial Steamer.
A facial steamer will help to moisturize and hydrate your skin. The steam from the steamer stimulates the oil production so your face becomes naturally moisturized and very smooth.
Improves your appearance
It improves the appearance and elasticity of your skin and also increases the blood flow to your face. Steaming can also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin.
These natural proteins help to maintain the elasticity on your face, and if you have more of them, your skin will always appear firm. As a result of this, you will be able to fight against aging.
Helps to clear acne
Helps to clear acne-prone skin – The deep cleansing and exfoliating effects of the steam facials are extremely beneficial to people who suffer from acne.
Facials help your skin to become receptive to topical products. This is due to the exfoliating properties in facials. When you take care of your skin, it becomes better with other products you apply to it, such as makeup.
This is because the skin clears out your pores and turns your face into an absorbent surface. You will, therefore, be able to make the best out of your other skincare products.
Extraction of blackheads and whiteheads
Steaming is an excellent way of preparing your skin for extraction. If you have blackheads and whiteheads that need to be removed, steaming can help you prepare your face for it. It will soften the skin and open up the pores so the gunk causing the black color can be removed hassle-free.
Face steaming has a very relaxing effect. It tends to have a soothing and calming effect, and it is a great addition to your spa days.
It is a great way of pampering yourself – Steamers may vary in price, but they are the most affordable way of getting a facial. The fact that you can do a steam facial easily at home is a great benefit, and it means you do not have to spend too much money on this.
Increases your perspiration – steaming helps temperature to increase and makes your skin undergo a process of perspiration. This removes almost 99 percent of water from your face. As a result, dead cells and dirt can be removed easily
How does a Facial steamer Works?
A face steamer is a machine that uses steam to cleanse your face. It also helps in cleaning your face of dirt and other impurities that cause skin related problems such as acne and blackheads as a result of blocked pores.
When you feed the machine with water and switch on the machine, the water starts to boil and releases steam. You need to put your face on the mask so it can be able to receive the free flow of steam that will come from the steamer.
They are usually designed in different ways, and they can help you even to get rid of colds and flu if you add some essential oils into the water, such as eucalyptus. This will be released together with the steam, and it will help in unblocking your nose and throat.
To ensure better results, use it together with your favorite face mask and clean your face thoroughly after the session. This will give your face a glow and shine you may not have seen before.
Types of face steamers
A personal steamer refers to a face steamer that is smaller than others. One person can only use it at a time.
They are generally designed to be handheld, portable, lightweight, and very small. This is what most people have in their homes, and you may be able to find one or two in a beauty salon because they are also not too expensive.
It is also effortless to use; you put water into the tank of the steamer, turn on the steamer at the power outlet, then place the mask on your face and bask away. It works great as a simple appliance and should never be generalized.
As the name suggests, this is designed to be used professionally. Though they are made in the same way as the smaller personal steamers, the difference is that they have a larger scale and can work for longer.
They come with a much bigger water tank, which can allow them to keep on going for more than 20 minutes, as is the case with the smaller steamers.
They are also more expensive as their operation is diverse. You are likely to find them in big salons, spas, and even hospitals as they do more than steam the face. They also help in unblocking your nasals and other congestions.
Nano-ionic Face steamer:
As the name suggests, this is no ordinary steamer. It is much more advanced in terms of its look, operation, and even technologically.
This is a steamer that doesn’t play by the rules of general steaming machines. It utilizes a different type of steaming technology and even produces a different type of steam.
The secret is its ceramic heating element that is mostly made of. It can heat water very quickly and spout it out even quicker. The result is usually superfine steam that can penetrate your skin deeper and allow you to moisturize much better.
How to use Facial Steamer?
Face steaming is pretty straight forward, and all you need to do is expose your face to the steam. But to get the most out of this simple process, you need to follow the following tricks, so you do not get shortchanged and keep wondering why the steamer doesn’t work for you;
First, find out if facial steaming is for you;
According to experts, this is not a procedure for everyone. The reason is that heat can aggravate sensitive skin and divert the blood vessels, plus; it can worsen the redness. For this reason, if you suffer from rosacea, then, do not steam your face.
If you have severely dry skin, you may also want to be extra careful when it comes to steaming. While it is useful in hydrating and softening the skin, it can also cause your skin to dry out and get parched.
It is therefore recommended that if you have eczema, you shouldn’t have a facial.
Do not put your face right next to the outlet.
This is yet another important point to remember when steaming. Do not apply too much heat onto your skin. You may think that the higher the temperature, the better, but that is not necessarily true. Too much heat can actually damage your skin.
Follow the manufacturer’s instructions closely.
This goes without saying, you MUST follow all of the instructions given by the manufacturers so the steamer can operate at maximum efficiency.
Read the manual carefully to minimize user errors. It will also ensure that you do not hurt yourself while using the steamer.
Add some essential oils to boost its efficiency.
Essential oils add the effectiveness of the steamer. A small drop of your favorite oil can go a long way in making the steamer very effective in eliminating colds and flu.
Buying Guide for Facial Steamers
Finding the right face steamer may not be as easy as you think, and it may involve a lot of research, but with the right information, it can be quite easy. What you need to know are the most important factors that must be present on each steamer to make it the best. These include;
Auto shut off button
Safety must be your number one priority, and having a steamer that comes with a button for shut off is the best option for you. This also means that in case you forget to switch it off and go to work, it will automatically switch itself off, making it safe for you and your home as well.
Ensure to look for a steamer that has this option, and most especially, an on/off switch.
As much as you do not need too much water to steam your face, the amount of water that your steamer can handle will determine how long the steamer will run. The more the water, the longer it shall keep working non-stop.
Having a large capacity of water on the steamer will also ensure that it will run for the amount of time it is supposed to run, and it will not go off in the middle.
It is advisable to buy a face steamer that can hold at least 200mls of water as this is enough to keep running for at least 20 minutes or so.
The faster the heat up time, the better for you. A face steamer that gets switched on and starts operating immediately is better than one, which you need to wait for some time before it starts releasing the steam.
Find a steamer that heats up fast, so you can be able to start face steam as soon as you switch it on, and this will also save you plenty of time.
Steamers are quite an investment, and you need to make it consciously. As a result, find a face steamer that will last a long time, and give you the kind of service you need.
Do extensive research before purchasing a face steamer, and ensure to read plenty of customer reviews so you can have an idea of how the appliance will work, and also how durable it is.
A good steamer should be quiet while in operation, as this ensures it doesn’t cause a nuisance or disturbance to most people. With a quiet machine, you can be able to enjoy some peace while having your face worked on. You could even listen to some music.
Ensure to look for a machine that is quiet as this is the best.
Easy to use
An appliance that is easy to use is the best because it means that you shall not be bothered with complicated procedures to follow. An easy to use face steamer also means that you can get the most out of it as each procedure is doable.
Look for this kind of steamer that saves you time in understanding the manual or the complicated procedures.
Steamers come with very many features that are all geared towards making your work easier. Other than the features listed above, look for the following additions to your steamer;
Multi-angle nozzles – This will help in configuring the right angle for the steam outlet, and helps in making the steamer as comfortable as possible for use.
Built-in mirrors – this enables you to check on your skin as it is steaming.
Essential oils compatibility – A good face steamer should allow you the freedom to add in some essential oils such as eucalyptus, which can help in unblocking your chest, nose, and throat. A facial steamer that is both goods for health purposes as well as for facial spa is the most ideal.
Humidifier – This will help you keep steaming your face even when the temperatures outside are unfavorable for this task.
1. HealthSense FS 550 Nano-Cure Facial Steamer – Best Technologically
This is one of the most beautiful facial steamers you shall find in the market, and it is also one of the most technologically advanced as well. Healthsense has been providing great quality health care products that are making users happy globally. One such product by Healthsense is a facial steamer that we are taking a look at.
- Nano Atomization – It produces excellent nanometer-sized steam that has negatively charged ions which combine to give 10X better results which are very fast in absorption.
- Powerful machine – It is compelling and can spray a consistent flow of steam that can cover your entire face. This can also be able to run non-stop for 8 minutes.
- Portable – It is lightweight and portable and allows you to carry it along whenever you need to travel.
- Ergonomic handle – The handle has a lovely design that makes it easy for you to handle and use for a long time without getting tired at all.
- Heating element – This is safe and reliable. It also ensures an efficient release of steam within 40 seconds of being switched on.
- Silent operation – while most other steamers make too much noise while in operation, this one is very silent, and you will rarely notice that it is working, which is perfect for people who would love to use it at night.
- It has an auto shut off button that keeps it safe at all times.
- Ergonomic handle.
- Beautiful design.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Safe and reliable heating element.
- Silent operation.
- High quality
- Quick delivery of steam
- It doesn’t have an LED display screen.
- The cost is high.
2. Dr. Trust Home Spa Facial Steamer and Vaporiser – Steamer and a Vaporiser
This facial steamer from Dr. Trust is not only ideal for cleaning out your pores and leaving your face looking younger, but it can also be used by people with sinusitis bronchitis, allergy sufferers, colds, flu, and laryngitis to restore sufficient moisture into their lungs and respiratory tracts.
It is a patented plastic hood that is contoured to cradle the face comfortably and direct the air into the nose and throat.
- Cold sinus problem – In addition to face cleansing, this home spa system can unclog blocked sinuses, and this helps in alleviating the cold and flu symptoms. It also helps in getting relief from headaches.
- Gentle steam flow – The face mask is intelligently designed to insulate heat from the surroundings and concentrate on steaming the face.
- LED power display – It has a display screen for an indication of everything that is happening with the machine.
- On/off button – this is very important when it comes to electrical appliances as it acts as a safety precaution in case of anything. E.g., If you forget to turn off the facial mask, it will turn itself off automatically.
- Pore cleansing – It can cleanse your clogged pores deeply, and this also removes impurities and also clears while rejuvenating your skin.
- Two-speed levels – You can be able to either increase or decrease the heating frequency as per your comfort levels.
- User-friendly – it is easy to use. It is also portable, and you can use any time you like.
- Helps to clear your face
- Helps to clear your clogged nose and throat.
- Has an on/off button.
- Anti-rust water cap
- Many users have appreciated its quality
- Comes with two-speed levels.
- It is pricy.
3. RYLAN Facial Steamer
Rylan Facial Steamer is a handheld face steamer for face and nose. It is a garment steamer as well which helps in removing wrinkles from the garment.
It produces powerful steam and is safe and convenient for use. This facial steamer is highly portable and can be used for home as well as travel purpose.
- Safety protection – Auto shut off function ensures safety by cutting off power when short of water
- Long functioning – Operates for 10 minutes non-stop after 1 minute of plugging in
- Portable – It is a highly portable device which is perfect for home as well as travel use
- All fabrics – This steamer can be used on all fabrics as well
- Illumination – It has an illuminated on/off switch indicator
- Convenient and safe to use
- Quick operations
- Easy to view water level
- High-quality ABS plastic material
- No negative points observed
4. Newnik V108 Vaporizer/Steam Inhaler – Best for Kids
This Newnik vaporizer produces a pure form of a vapor that is most ideal for kids and adults as well. It cannot only cleanse the face but also clear up any sinus problems that you may be having.
- It has a power indicator for alerts and also comes with a convenient on/off button for safety purposes. This is very important, especially because kids use the machine.
- Water does not splash out of the steamer while steaming, which makes it effective and convenient.
- It is easy to use, very quick in its delivery and also accurate. It is an ideal treatment prescription when you want quick results.
- It works both as a beauty therapy machine as well as for health purposes if you have some congested nostrils or chest.
- It is warm and moist, and it delivers relieve for different conditions. This makes it versatile and reliable.
- It will do intense and deep skin cleansing and frees you up from germs and impurities.
- Sleek and stylish – it looks very nice.
- Heat insulation design – It has an automatic temp control that can circulate heat evenly.
- Beautiful design.
- Safe for kids.
- Can be used for aromatherapy.
- Product quality is good.
- Gives relief from throat and chest infections
- Holds very little water for vaporization, therefore it doesn’t keep going for long.
- It doesn’t have a water level indicator.
5. EzLife Unisex Kingdom Facial Steamer – Best for Acne and Blackheads
This facial steamer can penetrate minute and Nano-ionic steam deep into the skin and quickly moisturizes and supplements the skin moisture to help reduce the prevalence of acne and blackheads. This is the best facial steamer for blackheads.
As a result, it helps give users high confidence in their outward appearance.
- This one can penetrate the skin quickly and more effectively to supplement the moisture. The emitted heat vapor also purifies and opens the pores so it can cleanse the face and make it easier to remove dirt.
- It can get deep into the layers of your skin and discharge toxins plus, replenish all of the nutrients.
- It is effortless to use a machine that is ideal for home use.
- It helps with blood circulation and helps your face to absorb oxygen and nourish it as well quickly.
- Deeply penetrates the face and gets rid of toxins.
- Ideal for people who suffer from blackheads and acne.
- It helps with blood circulation.
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the skin.
- The price is a little high.
6. Shreeji Ethnic Facial Steamer – Best for clothes as well as a face
This is a powerful and effective face steamer that also doubles up like a garment steamer as well. It is a portable and handheld steamer that is convenient for someone on the go. It also produces exceptionally consistent steam to remove all wrinkles from your clothes as well as open up your clogged facial pores.
- You can easily carry it along when traveling because it is quite easy to carry and designed to be portable. It weighs 0.65kgs and fits perfectly into your suitcase. It is also effortless to store when you are done using it.
- It is easy to use and heats up very fast. This is very convenient, especially in the morning when you need your clothes straightened fast.
- It is safe and gentle both on your face as well as fabrics. You can use it on all type of fabrics effectively.
- It comes with an auto shut off protector that ensures the steamer goes off if the water levels are too low, or if you forget to put it off and you are already done with using it. Also, if it becomes too hot, it will go off automatically as well.
- It has a water level window that allows you to check the levels and add when necessary.
- It has a high capacity of up to 200mls of water, which means that it can keep going for a long time.
- Doubles up as a fabric straightener.
- Has an automatic on/off button.
- It is highly portable.
- Has an affordable price tag.
- Has a level window for showing the water levels.
- Has a huge capacity and can keep running for up to 15 minutes non-stop.
- It cannot be used for sinus congestion.
7. Naulakha Facial Sauna Steamer and Inhaler – Best option while Traveling
This facial steamer comes in a very beautiful pink color that any young girl will appreciate. It is also powerful and effective at clearing all dirt from your face and leaving you looking clear and refreshed. At the same time, it helps in rejuvenating the skin and bringing color and blood back to your face.
- Relieves colds – this facial steamer will help unclog your nose and throat, and if you are suffering from a cold or the flu, it will work at eliminating this problem for you. You can also be able to add some inhalants to the mask such as Vicks and other types of oils to make the process quicker.
- It is also used to enhance beauty because the facial mask is perfect for a facial sauna. This helps to unclog your facial pores and gets rid of any dirt that may be on your face.
- You can easily carry it along when traveling because it is quite easy to carry and designed to be portable.
- It is easy to use and heats up very fast, meaning you do not need to wait up for it to start releasing steam so you can use it.
- It is safe to use and gentle, and even asthmatics can use it to get relief when trying to breathe.
- Comes in a beautiful color.
- Ideal for young ladies.
- It is safe and gentle.
- Reasonable price tag
- It heats up fast and also works very quickly
- It doesn’t have an auto shut off button.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best facial steamer?
This is not an easy question to answer, because the best facial steamer is one that meets all of your needs. You will, therefore, need to identify what your needs are, then you can be able to choose and identify which one is the best.
If you need it for personal use, then a nice small steamer will work just fine, but if you are looking for a commercial steamer, then choose a big one that will accommodate the needs of many different users at the same time.
Electricity consumption is yet another point to consider when choosing the best, and you should choose a steamer that doesn’t consume too much electricity so you can be able to save on energy cost which can be quite high.
Finally, consider the cost. Facial steamers are a substantial investment, and therefore, you will need to spend some good amount of cash so you can invest in a good one.
2. Is a facial steamer safe to use?
Most people wonder about this because they figure that the steam is hot and, on your face, and they get a little scared.
Now, most experts have a wide variety of opinions when it comes to steamers, but the bottom line is that a face steamer is much safer compared to using a bowl of hot water on your face.
This appliance is designed for your face, as compared to the bowl of hot water. Therefore the manufacturers have taken all of the necessary precautions to ensure that you are safe at all times while using the steamer.
When done the right way, facial steamers are therefore quite safe, and everyone should be comfortable while using them.
3. How long should the steamer be on my face?
Typically, streamers shouldn’t be used for more than 15 minutes. The amount of time is, however, dependent on how much water has been put in the steamer. Essentially, a steaming session shouldn’t last for more than 10 minutes at a time.
That being said, other factors such as the temperature of the steamer and the amount of steam it emits should also be put into consideration.
If you have a slow steamer that is operating at a low temperature, then, you may need to use it for a much longer time as compared to one that is very quick and has a high temp.
4. How frequently should I be steaming my face?
Steaming sure does sound like a luxurious activity, and you may be tempted to do it every day. It is advisable to do it at least once a week. Overdoing it will cause your face to break out more than before.
If your face has a severe blackhead problem, try and do it at least twice a week, but not more than that.
Taking care of your face is extremely important, and it helps in making you look much younger than you really are.
Find the right machine for you and invest in it as this is one of those investments you shall never regret, especially if you are a woman. A good machine may be expensive, but you cannot equate the cost to the value that you shall get from it. Our picks – Healthsense Nano-Cure and Newnik V108 Vaporizer/Steam Inhaler.
Be wary and extra careful of cheap products as they may not work as required. Take time and do research so you can be able to buy the best facial steamer for your home.