Best Foot Care Products
Your feet are the workhorse of your body, and therefore, you must give them the respect they deserve. Most people, however, tend to ignore this, and they end up with feet full of calluses, dirt, and even dry, dead skin. This should not be, and you need to be more careful when dealing with your feet.
It is quite easy to take your feet for granted because they are just there, putting up with all sorts of challenges such as being jammed with high heels, getting elevated to unusual heights and smothering themselves in some dirty and sweaty socks.
Just one day of walking gives your feet hundreds of powerful impacts. The constant pounding every day explains why your feet are always tired, and they tend to take injuries easily.
Most people assume that; to take care of their feet, they will require an expensive spa treatment, but this is not necessarily the case. You can spend just a few minutes per day taking care of your feet, and if you also ensure to choose the right shoes, then you shall be doing your feet a wealth of good.
Foot care is critical to maintaining your feet in the right condition. We have listed down the common foot problems faced by people, tips for taking care, different footcare products to use and also answered the frequently asked questions. To make your search simple, we have also listed the best foot care tools to buy.
Top 9 Best Foot Care Products
Our Top Pick
Most Advanced Callous Remover
Best for Stubborn Calluses
Best for Athletes
Best for Toe Correction
Best Pedicure Rasp
Best for Your Insoles
Best For Bunions
Common Foot Problems
Statistics show that almost 98% of people are born with normal feet, but they eventually suffer from some form of foot disorder. As early as two years of age, a child may begin to show a foot defect, and this is mostly due to improper care. Here are a few of the issues that most people experience with their feet:
This is a fungal infection of the skin. It begins with a tiny blister, which then busts and dries up, and then causes the skin to flake, itch, burn and even crack.
In order to prevent this, you must always ensure that your feet are clean and dry at all times. Keep your feet covered in socks, in order to provide that they absorb moisture, and discourage the fungal growth. You can also use an anti-fungal cream, solution or powder.
If the sores do not heal even after one week, ensure to see the doctor.
This is caused by misaligned joints, and it results in swollen and tender areas that normally develop into an overgrowth in the bone.
In order to treat this, ensure to wear special cushions in the shoes which can help in eliminating the pressure which is caused by bunions. You can also consider getting some cortisone injections in order to alleviate the pain and pressure.
Corns and calluses:
These are extremely common in most people, and they are hard and thickened skin which is very painful and results in a burning sensation. Corns will form on the top of your toe, just above the center joint or in the sole of your foot.
Calluses normally form on the ball or heel of your foot.
The treatment of these two ailments is very simple, ensure always to wear properly fitted shoes which will help prevent the pressure and friction in your feet, which is what actually cause the corns and calluses, and once in a while, ensure to have them surgically removed.
These are sudden pains at the arch of your foot, and they are mostly as a result of fatigue and stress.
The treatment of this is to ensure you get adequate rest on your feet, by soaking them in warm water after a long and tiring day at work, massaging them frequently.
If this pain persists after the simple treatment, ensure to consult a doctor for further analysis.
Tips on How to Take Care of Your Feet
Jumping, running and walking are some of the incredible activities that your feet allow you to do. Your feet contain 26 bones and joints that help support your body’s total weight. They enable you to stand, walk and even balance your body weight. The alignment of your skeletal system is also as a result of your feet, and therefore you should consider them to be the most important part of your body.
The condition in which your feet are in is also critical to your emotional and physical wellbeing. This is why your feet will need to be kept strong comfortable and healthy. Because of constant use, your feet are highly susceptible to injury, and this is the reason why we are talking about taking care of them.
Proper care includes the maintenance of your feet, and here are a few things you can do to ensure that your feet are well taken care of:
Always keep your feet clean and dry:
We simply cannot reiterate this more. In order for your feet to always remain dirt and disease free, you must always ensure you clean them often, and dry them completely.
You must ensure that every day after work you have soaked them in some warm water to get rid of the dirt you may have accumulated during the day, and in addition, ensure you use a clean and dry cloth to get rid of all the water.
The reason behind this is that wet feet attract moisture which in effect attracts the different diseases that can infect your feet as a result of a fungus that grows due to the moisture.
We may have mentioned washing in the earlier point; it is not just about putting them in water and then taking them out. No! Cleaning our feet will involve getting down and dirty.
Use a good quality and mild soap to clean in between the toes, and use a simple soft brush to remove all of the dirt from under your feet.
Use a long shower brush also to lean your feet under the faucet. You must ensure that no dirt is left unattended in your daily cleaning process because dirt is the breathing ground for bad odor, athletes’ foot, fungus, and bacteria.
Do not use Epson salts:
You may be tempted to get in some relaxation time when cleaning your feet by using some Epson salts which are soothing and relaxing especially if you are using some warm water after a long tiring day, but these salts are in fact too drying and may not offer you the medical benefits you so desire.
Just use your plain warm water and some little liquid soap, or even dishwashing soap to clean your feet thoroughly and carefully. These products contain skin softeners which means that they will take good care of your feet and ensure they remove the dirt within.
Moisturize your feet:
Using basic lotions and creams on your feet goes a long way. This will keep them shiny, and prevent flaking frequently. When you clean and moisturize your feet, you also avoid any fungus and bacteria from growing on them, as some of these creams contain some product of medicine to prevent all of this.
If you also have dry skin, moisturizing helps. But, do not apply the cream in between the toes, as these are closed off all day long, and may cause you to attract some unwanted diseases as a result of the moisture.
File and cut your toenails often:
Ensure not to maintain very long nails on your feet, because this is the breeding ground for unwanted skin infections.
Regardless of whether you wear shoes all day long, or you do open shoes once in a while, keep your nails clean and short. This also makes it easy for you to deal with unwanted infections, and you can also get to remove some corns and calluses in the process, leading to a nice and clean environment at all times.
while at it, always cut the nails straight, and never in a straight angle, as this will cause you to end up having some ingrown toenails.
When it comes to shoes, a lot can be said. Many people go wrong in the shoes they wear, and as a result, It ends up causing unwanted problems in your feet. Here are a few rules when it comes to shoe wear and how to ensure you are doing the right thing at all times;
Never wear tight shoes:
Almost everyone with feet related problems is guilty of this one sin. We always want to look nice and smart, and therefore we end up wearing very tight-fitting shoes. To tell the truth, they are the most comfortable and look nice, plus, they give you peace of mind that the shoe isn’t coming on and off all of the time which can be a weird scene.
You should, however, know that wearing very tight shoes worsens the presence of bunions and can lead to a distortion of your toe shape and cause painful foot growths. That is enough to cause you to worry about your feet.
Therefore, ensure to wear shoes that are fitting of course, but also shoes that aren’t too tight especially tight enough to cause damage to your toenails.
Wearing high heels:
There are very many rules when it comes to high heels, and most women do not like to hear these rules, because they believe that they are most beautiful in heels, which is true, to some extent. Beauty is not only defined by how you look, but also how you feel.
If you tend to wear high heels all the time, you may be causing more harm to your feet than good, and there is nothing attractive with a foot filled with bunions, ingrown toenails, and calluses. All of these are made worse by extended use of high heels;
Here are some rules with it comes to heels;
- Limit the length of time you wear your heels – you should only wear your heels on special occasions. This is because heels tend to damage your posture and feet.
- Wear heels that are not higher than 5cms – This is because the heels vary your height, and by wearing heels that are very high, they will end up damaging your feet in the process and causing a problem with your posture.
Tips for Buying the Right Shoes
When shopping for your shoes, you need to be extra careful not to put style above your comfort. This is however what happens in most cases, and especially when it comes to women, they are more interested in the latest trends, than their feet.
Here are some tips that will help you buy the right shoes:
- Buy your shoes at the end of the day, rather than in the morning, because in the evening, your feet are nice and swollen and as a result, you will end up buying shoes that are a little bit bigger, which means that they will not be too tight.
- Use socks or hosiery when trying out shoes, because again, this will ensure that you buy a little bigger shoe as is recommended, and not too tight.
- Avoid platforms, very high shoes, or clogs with extreme styles, as these will only damage your feet further.
- If you have one toe that is slightly bigger than the others, ensure that the shoe fits perfectly even with the slightly bigger toe.
- Check the quality of the shoe, their durability and strength as well. Look for shoes with good workmanship, which includes a smooth lining, smooth stitching, and finely finished edges.
- DO NOT buy shoes that will require you to break them in.
- DO NOT always go for brand named or designer shoes, because they do not always guarantee you comfort. Some unnamed shoes may end up being much more comfortable for you.
Choosing shoes for Children
You should follow the guidelines above and in addition:
- Get the right shoes that should match your child’s activity levels.
- Buy shoes that will fit him at the current age, rather than buying over-sized shoes with the hope that they will grow into them. This makes it uncomfortable for them and it is also an unsightly seen, watching a child in way too big shoes.
- Avoid hand-me-downs when trying to save money. Each child is different and will have different sized shoes to fit them, and therefore you may end up damaging their feet as a result of trying to save a buck or two.
A special type of people
Not everyone is the same, and there are some classes or groups of people that you must take special attention when buying them shoes because if you do not take good care of their feet, it can be a much more serious situation than you could ever anticipate. These include:
People with Diabetes:
These are people who have poor blood circulation in their feet. An infection can cause a very serious danger and even lead to their death.
Here are some tips when choosing their footwear;
- The first and most important point is to ensure that they NEVER go barefoot.Always ensure that they have some sort of shoes or slippers whenever they want to leave the house. This is because any sort of injury on their feet is potentially life-threatening.
- Ensure that they DO NOT wear garters, tight girdles, or rolled up hoses. In addition, elasticized socks or ace bandages are a no, no. These will only make the situation worse by making the blood circulation extremely poor especially in their legs.
- They must always wear comfortable shoes.
- They should use lotions and creams on their feet often.
- They MUST never treat corns or calluses by themselves and should ensure to see a doctor where necessary.
- They should use lukewarm water when cleaning their feet. They must never use hot water, iodine or heating pads, as these can cause burns. They should also avoid using Epson salts at whatever costs.
If you have ever bought shoes for your elderly parents or even grandparents, you will admit that it is almost always a daunting task as they never know what is right for them. Keep the following points in check when considering their footwear:
- Buy them properly fitted and not too right shoes.
- It is advisable to go with orthopedic treated shoes, or shoes that have been recommended by the doctor, especially if they suffer from orthopedic related ailments.
- Be extra faithful with their daily foot care.
- Ensure they do not stand for long periods of times to avoid overexerting themselves.
- DO NOT use over the counter medications if they suffer from any feet ailments.
- DO NOT expose their feet to foot ailments.
Nothing feels as great as that first pair of shoes for your little one, but this comes with plenty of precautions and extra care. Remember that their feet are tiny and extremely soft, and therefore you must ensure not to overdo it.
Here are some tips:
- Do not buy tight shoes.
- DO NOT force them to start walking too soon, in the new shoes.
- Pay close attention to your child’s abnormalities especially while walking, and report any anomalies to your doctor, even before buying them new shoes.
- Ensure to practice proper care on your child’s feet every day when cleaning them and teach them how to care for their feet as well.
- Check to ensure the shoes you bought them still fit them properly as kids are grown rapidly, and you may end up with super tight shoes.
Foot Care Products That You Can Use
If you are looking to take good care of your feet often, there are some products that you can buy in order to ensure that you do a good job. In addition, these products will help you get rid of cuticles, loose skin on your feet, dead skin, calluses, etc.
Here are some of the most popular products that you can use;
Callouses are dead skin that tends to settle at the base of your foot. Traditionally, there have been rough stones which are used for the removal of this dead skin, but technology has greatly advanced, and now you can buy a high-quality callous remover from your local beauty shop or even the big stores.
It will be in good shape as well, for you to hold carefully as you lift your leg and work on the dead skin.
There are also some creams you can use to soften the dead skin and make it easy for removal. This you will mostly find in beauty salons and shops that offer pedicure and manicure treatment.
Toe separators are common in beauty salons where pedicures are done, and they mostly help in separating the toes when applying some nail polish.
They are also known as toe spacers, and most of them are made of silicone or rubber material that is comfortable enough for the middle of your toes. They conform to the shape of your toes and you mostly separate them so that they do not overlap.
Toe separators can also be used to strengthen your toes for better foot health.
Because hot weather leads to excessive skin exposure, if you want to have healthier and better-looking toes, then toe separators can come in handy and helps keep your feet free from moisture, bacteria, and fungus that can be detrimental to your health and comfort.
Toe separators can also be used to treat bunions – bunions are musculoskeletal and are extremely painful especially when you are wearing shoes. They change the angle of your toes and lead to bumps which grow large and may even look like you have a sixth toe.
This is mostly used when trying to remove stubborn callouses from your feet. They may be a little bit harsh but they work perfectly and give you extremely smooth and soft feet soles.
Look for one that has some good craftsmanship and which is not too tough on your feet, which may lead to more harm.
Our feet being the most neglected part of our bodies will require the best products in order to correct the negligence. Finding the best callous remover can be quite daunting, and therefore the following points will help you in choosing the best of the best:
Choose a remover that is easy to use, because cleaning your feet is already a complicated procedure, so, do not make it any harder than it should be. When you put the remover on your feet, it should be able to get rid of all the callouses immediately and easily.
The device should also come with some clear instructions on how to use it. Do not go for complicated products that require too much work in order to understand them and learn to work on them. They are also not worth the price.
Of course, the price is an essential factor to consider. Do not assume that a costly product is necessarily the best. You can choose something that is reasonably priced, and it will still produce the required results of ensuring that callouses are entirely removed and eradicated.
We have already established that working on your feet is never a simple process, and therefore you will be happy with a callous remover product that is easy to use.
Choose one that comes with a handle and is also fast enough to remove all of the dead skin from your feet.
Toe Separators :
This is a product that is used to separate your toes in order to get rid of moisture and heat. They are also used to treat some common toe related ailments, and therefore you will need to buy one that is extra good quality in order for it to work wonders for you.
Here are a few factors to consider:
These products are made of plastic, and therefore you need one that is soft enough for your toes. You should look for a product that will be comfortable when worn for long periods of time, and made of a material that will not irritate the skin between your toes.
The cost is important. You will want to buy a product that is reasonably priced, and one that can be able to accommodate your budget. Do not assume that the more expensive the better. Choose a reasonably priced toe separator for excellent results.
Branded products tend to work better, so choose one that has a brand name attached to it. Another advantage of branded products is the fact that they are tried and tested and proved to work great on your toes.
Do not choose just any, as it may end up disappointing you and even causing more harm than good.
Pedicure Rasp buying guide:
We must admit that this is the most important point when it comes to a pedicure tool. You need to find a product that is easy to use as well as easy to handle. With a foot rasp, you will be doing plenty of hard work on your feet, and therefore you will require to be extremely comfortable as you do it.
This product should come with a nice handle that will enable you to hold it for a very long period of time until all of the dead skin is completely eradicated from your feet.
Because footwork takes quite a bit of time, you will require a product that is safe enough to use. This means a product that will not cause additional harm to your feet than good.
During the process of removal of callouses, you may require to use plenty of force so that your feet can be clean and smooth, and as such, if you use products that can cause harm to your feet, it may be dangerous and you may even end up with blood on your feet.
Go for products that are safe to use on your feet at all times.
1. Zerone Foot Nail Rasp File Callus Remover – Our Top Pick
This is a double-sided callous remover that is large enough for anyone to use. It doesn’t have a specific foot size, but it is a one size fits all kind of product that promises excellent results
- Ergonomic handle: One thing you will absolutely love is the wooden handle that comes with this product. It is designed in such a way that you can be able to hold it for long periods of time as you work on your feet, and as a result, you are able to get rid of all the dead skin from your feet.
- Hanging thread: It has a thread at the end of the handle which you can use to hang the product after use. Remember that; due to the wooden part, you will need to store it well so it can last a long period of time. The thread makes it easy for you to keep it stored in a dry and cool place.
- Two-sided part – the part that is responsible for the removal of callouses is double sided which means that you can be able to keep using it over and over, and if one side is exhausted and probably filled with dead skin, all you need to do is turn it around and you shall be able to use the other side perfectly.
- Rough side – it is made of a rough material that ensures that you work perfectly on your feet and remove all of the dirt and dead skin. This also ensures that you do a quick job, and you do not spend all of your time working on your feet.
- Ergonomic handle which helps in holding it for longer period
- Lightweight: It is compact and lightweight, which makes it easy for you to use it for a long period of time without necessarily getting tired and worn out.
- Can be used to smooth out your rough areas.
- The product is of high quality
- It cannot be used on children as it is very rough.
2. Emjoi Micro-Pedi Nano Pro Callus Remover – Most Advanced Callous Remover
This product is perfect for your feet, especially the roller part that makes it very easy to remove any callouses easily by simply rolling it on your feet.
It has unique rollers that are able to spin at 360 degrees, 30 times a second, which is very fast and effective. You can be able to buff away very tough and jagged skin in a very short time. This is, in fact, one of the reasons why most people purchase this product.
Warning: The product is very powerful and you must ensure to take extra care when using it for the first time.
- It is a groundbreaking device that takes out the chores of removing callouses from the skin.
- It is gentle and effective when removing the dead skin.
- It is very easy to use compared to other products.
- It has 2 effective speeds.
- It has a rubber handle for easier holding.
- It is safe and efficient compared to metal scrapers that use blades that can scrape the skin.
- The roller contains some micro minerals that can be used to pulverize the skin.
- It removes all of the callouses in 30 seconds or less.
- This is a super powerful and electrically-powered device that creates a dry, smooth and clear skin on the soles of your feet.
- It is extremely powerful for some people.
3. Lifelong Pedicure Scrubber – Highly Durable
The Lifelong LLPCW04 is the perfect alternative to foot scrappers, pumice stones, and foot files. It is a rechargeable callus remover powered by a three times more powerful motor.
The device comes with three durable and hardened mineral surface rollers that effortlessly remove dead, dry and hard skin. Hence, you are left with soft and silky smooth feet after an efficient pedicure at the comfort of your home.
- It is a rechargeable callus remover that ensures soft and smooth feet.
- Powered by a three times more powerful 50 RPM motor.
- Includes three replacement roller heads: soft-touch roller, regular coarse roller, and extra coarse roller.
- Features an ergonomic soft-touch handle for efficient and effortless operation.
- It can tackle the most persistent calluses with its durable coarse rollers that rotate 360 degrees at a speed of 40 turns/sec.
- Comes with a charging indicator that shows the charging status, i.e. red (charging) and green (fully charged).
- It has an IPX7 waterproof rating.
- The cordless callus remover can work up to 150 minutes on a single charge.
- Comes with a one year warranty and an additional six months extended warranty.
- Gentle on feet and easy to use.
- Removes dead and hard skin from feet for the perfect pedicure at the comfort of your home.
- Portable, compact, and easy to store.
- It is easy to clean directly under the tap.
- Suitable for wet and dry use.
- The battery gets drained quickly.
- The body heats up.
4. Majik Foot Scrubber for Soft Feet – Best for Stubborn Calluses
This product also works as a foot scrubber in both men and women and quickly gets rid of dead skin. This is a well-received product that has more than one product in the package to ensure that you have more than what you paid for.
- Works hard to get rid of not only callouses but also corns and bunions.
- It is easy to use: This product doesn’t even require you to read the manual in order to be able to work with it. It will effectively get rid of every little thing on your feet, and ensure that you are a bunion, callous and corn free.
- It is made up of stainless steel and a plastic handle which will never rust.
- It is perfect for rough chapped heels, fold up skin, skin that is prone to cracking, thick toes, and feet that have crust callouses.
- Easy to use.
- Works on the hardest types of feet problems.
- It is ideal for both men and women.
- It is a very durable product.
- The cost is a little high
5. ZELENOR Silicone Socks for Swelling Pain – Best for Athletes
As the name suggests, this is a silicone healing pad that is most ideal for healing pain on your heels or on the soles of your feet.
They are perfect for dry and hard cracked painful feet, and it also provides an ankle support cushion for both men and women.
- It is orthopaedic – This is a doctor recommended product for the eradication of pain from the sole of your feet. It heels the knee from extreme pressure and prevents the thickening of the heel skin. It also keeps you safe from blisters.
- Pain reliever: As mentioned earlier, it helps relieve pain, especially for athletes and people who have hurt their feet. It also provides an extra cushioning while standing and walking.
- Super-size – this is a one size fits all product, that doesn’t necessarily require you to keep looking for something that will fit your feet.
- Easy to wash – it is made of a good-quality material that makes it very easy to use and re-use.
- Manual – It comes with a manual that clearly gives you directions on how to best use it for maximum and great results.
- Washable and re-usable.
- Ideal for both men and women.
- Comes with directions on how to use it.
- Quick results – You can apply lotion or cream for quick recovery.
- It treats dry, cracked, dull and painful heels and gives soft and plump feet
- You must choose the right size, otherwise, the silicone can easily tear
6. SKUDGEAR Bunion Correction Toe Separator with Support – Best for Toe Correction
This product is excellent as a toe separator as well as a bunion healer. It works great at ensuring that your feet are well taken care of, and you do not suffer pain as a result of bunions.
- It is soft, latex-free, washable and stretchable, meaning that you can re-use it, and in addition, it is allergy friendly.
- It protects your toes from pressure and discomfort.
- It separates, stretches and re-aligns your toes and provides a cure for your pains.
- It has bunion sleeves that help in treating your bunions. It is specially designed for this particular purpose.
- It also corrects overlapping toes without necessarily needing any surgery.
- This is a unique solution for bunions.
- It is a one size fits all.
- Can be used by both men as well as women.
- It is made of a medical grade and silicone gel that works at correcting any bunions you may be having.
- Its cost is high
7. Tony Stark Foot File Set – Best Pedicure Rasp
This is an excellent product for hard skin and the removal of calluses. It is a portable scraper and pedicure rasp that will work wonders on your feet, and ensure that you have clean, smooth and beautiful feet at all times.
It is not just one product, but a whole pedicure kit, with all the necessary products to ensure that you are well taken care of.
- It is made of plastic, plus a stainless-steel material that is durable and not easy to deform. It also contains some foot files that are convenient and practical.
- It helps to eliminate thickly callused skin in seconds. The product is designed to get make you work efficiently and quickly.
- It is gentle and safe on your feet – it will not cause your feet any harm, and does not require you to work too hard in a way that it can easily cause you to hurt your feet.
- It is perfect for long toenails and gives you the freedom to have clean and smart toes at all times.
- Easy to use.
- 1 Set Of 6PCS Foot Files & 1PC Silicone Sheet & 3PCS Blades Package
- Works great on thick and strong calluses.
- Ideal for both men and women.
- Safe and gentle on your feet.
- It is a little costly
8. SPARSH Flat Feet Correcting Medial Arch Support Insoles – Best for Your Insoles
This is a perfect product for your insoles. If you want to correct your flat feet, then you should consider investing in this great product for your everyday use.
- It is a corrective insole and serves its purpose perfectly. It is created with a medial arch that lacks in people with flat feet. It is available in a wide variety of sizes such as 39-42.
- It is also ideal for relieving feet pain caused by arthritis, but please note that your feet are likely to be slightly tight after using the insoles.
- It is feather light in weight and doesn’t feel heavy at all on your feet. It comes with cutting guidelines that easily adjust in length according to your feet.
- Easy to use.
- Helps in correcting your flat feet problems
- Reasonably priced.
- It is made from velour fabric which absorb sweat and keeps your feet dry all day
- Alleviates pain.
- You must ensure to get the right size, otherwise, it will not work well.
9. Skyfish Modulyss Orthotics Toe Separators – Best For Bunions
This product is perfect for your big toe, and it helps to separate it from the other toes and offers you an excellent opportunity for it to heal from an injury.
- It is made of silicone and hence it is soft and comfortable. This is a great material that helps to relieve pain and especially the hammer toe pain.
- Super soft material – this material also helps to protect your toes especially if you are an athlete that plays soccer and when you wear your shoes, you are able to hit the ball stress-free without any fears of getting hurt in any way.
- Ideal for separating the toes – if the big toe is hurt, then this is an ideal product for separating it and facilitating its healing.
- Best for hot seasons -when it is hot, the heat that accumulates on your toe can easily store up moisture which leads to bunions. Toe shaper- it helps to reshape your toes and naturally align them and protect you from knocks and bumps.
- Helps with your straightened and bent toes.
- Relieves the hammer toe pain.
- Best for when it’s hot.This separator will help to prevent this and keep your feet, and most especially the inside of your toes nice, dry and free from any moisture causing illnesses.
- It is a toe shaper.
- Will not work great on your side bones.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is a podiatrist?
This one is also known as a doctor of podiatric medicine, and he is a specialist that provides medical treatment and diagnosis for the treatment of foot and ankle problems.
Here are some of his duties;
- He consults with patients and helps them understand how to eliminate foot problems.
- He diagnoses and treats tumours, fractures, skin problems, and nail diseases.
- He performs surgeries and corrects any problems such as bunions and bacterial infections.
- He fits and prescribes solutions such as orthotics.
- He treats bone disorders.
2. What causes sore feet?
These are caused by a number of problems such as; biochemical, metabolic problems, structural deformities, etc. It is important that the doctor performs a test in order to diagnose your problems and come up with a solution.
3. What are bunions?
These are misaligned joints, and they result in swollen and tender areas that normally develop into an overgrowth in the bone.
In order to treat this, ensure to wear special cushions in the shoes which can help in eliminating the pressure which is caused by bunions. You can also consider getting some cortisone injections in order to alleviate the pain and pressure.
4. How often should I replace my shoes?
This will depend on where you run, and how much you run, but basically running shoes should be replaced after every 300 miles.
You must also ensure that when buying running shoes, they are not too tight and they are comfortable enough to ensure that your feet are always well taken care of.
5. How can I avoid ingrown nails?
These can simply be corrected by trimming your nails. It is as simple as that. If you notice that you are constantly having this problem, having a regular pedicure will also go a long way in keeping you clean and free of ingrown nails.
6. How often should I have a pedicure?
You should try and have a pedicure done once a week, or at least twice a month, in order to clean your feet thoroughly and get rid of any ingrown nails or problems that may have developed over time. Ensure not to remove your cuticles as these helps to protect your nails as well.
Taking good care of your feet is extremely important, and regardless of whether you have the time or not, this should never be taken for granted.
If you cannot be able to go to the beauty salon every now and then for a complete treatment, you can ensure to invest in some of the products we have highlighted above, and follow the rules we have also outlined for your feet.