12 Best Serums for Face in India
One of the most important steps in your skincare routine should be a serum. It usually contains the active ingredients that you require to target specific concerns.
Serums have a thin consistency and this is why they can quickly penetrate inside the skin, thus giving you noticeable results within a few uses.
Regular application of serums on your face can help you get clear and radiant skin. Application of the serum is super simple, apply small dots on the face, spread the serum with your index and middle finger by gently massaging it so that it penetrates deep inside your skin.
There are a zillion options of face serums available in the market. Here we have reviewed the 10 best serums for face that you can consider buying according to your requirements.
Top 11 Face Serums In India
|Product (Best Brands)
Repairs damaged skin
Repairs damaged skin
Repairs damaged skin
Repairs damaged skin
Easy to use
Effectively remove dark spot
Makes the look skin healthy
Types of Serum
There are different types of serums available for use; let’s take a look at them.
Anti-aging serums help to slow down the aging process of your skin by delivering essential anti-aging ingredients to fight against fine lines and wrinkles. They are beneficial for all skin types.
They come with ingredients such as caffeine, green tea, retinol, and hyaluronic acid. It’s essential to try out a light coat of it before applying a full coat on your face. This is to be sure if your skin will be able to tolerate the amount of dose you’re applying to it.
Antioxidant serums help to fight against free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can damage your cells and cause premature aging.
They also prevent the production of fine lines and other visible signs of aging on your skin. They can heal and also repair your damaged skin.
This type of serum is ideal for all skin types.
It usually contains ingredients such as Vitamin A, C, E, melatonin, L-Ascorbic acid, and Niacinamide.
Hydrating serums help to infuse the skin with extra moisture to keep your skin hydrated and fresh. The hydrating serum is suitable for dry skin, and oily skin types. They help to hydrate with minimal emollient residue.
Both young and mature skin can use a hydrating serum. They are composed of ingredients such as peptides and luminescence, hyaluronic acid, and more.
Color-correcting serums perform a lot of functions and can solve skin issues such as enlarged pores, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation. Color-correcting serums are suitable for all those having dark spots and/or uneven skin tone. It also helps to smooth out the skin and minimize pores.
They come with ingredients such as vitamin C, Phytic acid, arbutin, azelaic acid, kojic acid, L-ascorbic acid, and glycolic acid. The color correcting serums also help in pigment suppression and skin brightening.
Choosing the best face serum is very important for your skin. Here’s a list of what to know to make an informed decision.
It’s essential to know your skin type before buying the serum. For example, sensitive skin may not be able to tolerate a few ingredients like essential oils, fragrance, etc., or the amount of serum you are applying to your face. While normal skin types may be fine with the regular coat of serum and also the ingredients in it.
Ingredients used in the formulation of the serum are very important. You can check the types of ingredients used in the serum if they are harmful to your skin or produce inflammation to your skin after use.
Some serums include strong chemicals, while some are formulated with natural ingredients for an effective result after use. Hence, make sure to check the ingredients before you purchase.
One of the most important factors that you need to look into is the quality of the face serum. Thus, pick a serum that is clinically tested and approved to be sure of its quality.
Buy a serum that fits your budget. Remember that if the serum suits you, it is a recurring expense and thus we recommend you do not go about your budget while buying one.
12 Best Face Serums
1. Satthwa Satvak Bakuchiol Serum –
Satvak distinguishes itself from other serums in the market by its main ingredient. Bakuchiol is a plant-based ingredient and is the natural substitute for retinol which has a range of anti-ageing benefits for the skin.
Satthwa Satvak Bakuchiol serum is an amalgamation of bakuchiol, flaxseed oil, sesame seed oil, raspberry, grape seed oil, and many more such amazing ingredients.
This serum is 100% natural and organic fleeing away from all sorts of chemicals like parabens, mineral oils, sulfates, and formaldehyde.
- It is a 100% Organic Bakuchiol Serum
- It helps in smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- The serum helps in dark spot reduction
- This serum of suitable for sensitive skin and both Women & Men
- It hydrates the skin and gives it a youthful glow
- No negative points were observed about this product but It requires regular usage to see results
2. Mamaearth Skin Correct Face Serum
Mamaearth is a newly launched brand that produces toxin-free products that are safe for you to use. The products are tested and have been certified by ‘MadeSafe’.
This face serum can be used by both men and women and also is suitable for any skin type. The ginger extract possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties that calm and soothes the skin.
One of the crucial ingredients of this face serum is Niacinamide. This vitamin B3+ helps remove acne, acne marks, and any scars. This is an active form of Vitamin, which is known to be the best in diminishing acne marks.
Applying this face serum regularly will reduce the enlarged pores of your skin, which means it will also work as a wrinkle and lines reducing serum as well.
This face serum is enriched with Bioactives for better results.
- It also comes with Zinc PCA in it, which is considered as a moisturizing agent. This will help you to hydrate your skin and also reduces skin dryness.
- The combination of niacinamide and ginger helps improve skin texture.
- This face serum is free from parabens, silicones, SLS, artificial preservatives, and colors.
- It is dermatologically tested and proven to be safe for use on the skin.
- The ingredients like ginger, niacinamide, glycerine, and zinc PCA include bioactive that do wonders to your skin.
- No negative points were observed so far
3. Loreal Revitalift Crystal Micro-Essence
L’oreal is a personal care brand based out of Paris. This French company is also popular for other products like hair color, skincare, makeup, perfume, sun protection, and hair care.
The Loreal Revitalift crystal micro-essence is a revolutionary product powered by micronized technology. This face serum penetrates 10 layers into the skin to give crystal clear radiance. This serum is suitable for all skin types and Indian weather.
- This serum boosts skin moisture retention and keeps it plump and smooth.
- It has salicylic acid, which exfoliates and refines pores as well as skin texture.
- Mild exfoliating removes dead skin cells and fasten skin renewal.
- Centella Asiatica heals the skin by deeply repairing, boosting elasticity, and smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
- It can also be used by sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Its light and watery texture quickly absorb into the skin without leaving any residue or white cast. However, it keeps the skin highly moisturized.
- It is reasonably priced.
- No negative points observed so far.
4. Garnier Light Complete Serum
Garnier Light Complete serum gives you bright, glowing, and spotless skin in just three days. It is enriched with powerful ingredients such as 30X Vitamin C and lemons. The serum quickly penetrates the skin for an instant glow.
The serum is dermatologically tested for all skin types. It is easy to apply. All you need to do is take a few drops of it on your palm, gently rub, and dab the serum on the skin using tapping motions.
- The serum is dermatologically tested for all skin types
- It is enriched with Japanese Yuzu lemon and 30X vitamin C concentration
- Garnier Light Complete has a lightweight formula that absorbs fast and goes deep in the skin.
- The serum contains Japanese Yuzu and Vitamin C concentration that fades all types of spots, including dark spots and acne marks.
- It is a non-oily formula suitable for dry to sensitive skin.
- You can expect to have an instant glow on the skin with reduced spots in just three days.
- Garnier Light Complete hydrates the skin.
- The serum is a little sticky.
5. Good Vibes Face Serum –
This face serum from Good Vibes is the most affordable serum on this list. It is super lightweight and non-sticky, thus making it absorbed into the skin easily.
Rosehip in the serum helps fade acne scars, dark circles, and dark spots. it also helps in brightening the skin. The serum nourishes and smoothes the skin. Almonds in the serum soften the skin and also prevents acne and pimples.
- It helps retain the moisture in your skin.
- The serum also increases collagen production and improves elasticity in your skin.
- It restores the natural pH of the skin.
- Jojoba in the serum regulates sebum production and also clears clogged pores.
- It comes with a reasonable price tag.
- It can cause irritation to sensitive skin
6. WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Serum –
Wow is a homegrown brand that makes skincare and haircare products using natural ingredients. This vitamin C face serum moisturizes, nourishes, and protects the skin.
It helps revive dull-looking skin into radiant and fresh skin. The vitamin C in the serum helps repair skin damage that is caused due to environmental exposure. Hyaluronic acid in the serum improves hydration, makes the skin soft, and supports collagen structure.
- It contains vitamin C that neutralizes free radicals that cause skin damage.
- Witch Hazel extract in the serum helps repair the skin, reduce redness and inflammation.
- This face serum is made without any harmful chemicals and additives.
- The serum comes with a dropper which makes using it super simple and convenient.
- It helps minimize pigmentation and patchy complexion.
- The serum helps improve skin suppleness.
- This serum may not be an ideal choice for people with sensitive skin.
7. StBotanica Brightening Facial Serum
This face serum from StBotanica is one of the high-end face serums on this list. It includes ingredients like vitamin C, glycerin, aloe vera, essential oil, and citric acid which nourishes and hydrates the skin.
This professional facial serum makes your face glow. It will help you reduce the wrinkles on your face and keeps the fine lines away.
Vitamin C removes acne spots and scars. It will also help reduce enlarged pores on your skin. The plant extracts will help the skin to brighten and hydrate.
The natural ingredients of this facial serum – Aloe vera, geranium, green tea, jojoba oil, bergamot, and hazel extract are suitable for any skin type. Combined, all of these will work wonders on your skin.
- It includes vitamin C that improves the skin texture and also keeps it glowing all day long.
- It helps to stimulate skin’s collagen production that makes your skin even better and glowing.
- This facial serum is suitable for all types of skin, including people with sensitive skin as well.
- It will provide comfort to your face, nourish the skin, and also make your skin healthy.
- The Anti-inflammatory Champ Hyaluronic Acid in this facial serum, along with the Vitamin E works as an antioxidant, helps to repair the UV ray damages on your skin.
- Hyaluronic acid and vitamin E in this serum tighten your skin.
- This facial serum is free from toxins, parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, and animal testing too.
8. Biotique Bio Dandelion Ageless Serum
This Biotique serum is rich in pure dandelion, vitamin E, and minerals blended with nutmeg to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and other aging signs. It also helps to boost collagen for skin forming, smoother skin tone, and brightening.
The product helps to cleanse your skin and helps to produce a brighter, smoother, and more flawless complexion. It helps to maintain your skin’s elasticity to make it soft and vibrant looking. It comes with a pleasant fragrance and can be used in the morning and evening.
- The product works perfectly to give you smoother, brighter, and shinier skin.
- The serum is paraben, silicone, and SLS-free thus can be used daily.
- It contains dandelion that gives a natural glow to your skin, clears dark spots, and brightens it.
- The product has vitamins and jojoba oil ingredients that help to repair skin damage.
- This face serum is not ideal for sensitive skin.
9. Neutrogena Fine Fairness Serum – Easy to use
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum comes with rich balancing and nourishing properties for your skin. The product is oil-free.
This product gives your skin a glowing appearance, and it also helps to clear acne spots and dark spots effectively.
It removes signs of aging, brightens the skin, removing fine lines, wrinkles, firmness, and sunspots. It includes ingredients like retinol and lily and is chemical-free. The breakthrough penetrating formula for the serum penetrates deep into the surface and deactivates melanin production, which results in brighter skin.
- The serum is dermatological tested, oil-free, and non-comedogenic.
- It is clinically proven to show results in 21 days of use.
- It is ideal for all skin types.
- It helps to improve the texture of the skin and fades dark spots quickly, giving you a healthier look.
- It is SLS and paraben-free.
- Applying too much to your skin can lead to irritation.
10. The Body Avenue Vitamin C Serum – Effectively remove dark spot
The Body Avenue serum helps in removing dark spots, acne scars, rejuvenating skin, and protecting the skin from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. It includes antioxidants that help to strengthen your skin and repel unwanted damages.
It comes with ingredients that work towards the lightening of the skin, help in treating dry skin conditions, and maintaining skin collagen at optimal levels. It comes with a strong concentration of vitamins that leave your skin looking fresh, feeling replenished, and revitalized.
Vitamin C in the serum prevents the overproduction of melanin, thus improving your skin color.
It doesn’t come with harsh chemicals like sulfates and paraben and is made of natural ingredients like basil extract, mandarin oil, allantoin, ginger oil, and hyaluronic acid.
- It reduces discoloration and redness, giving your skin a spotless and energetic skin.
- It is suitable for all types of skin.
- Hyaluronic acid in the serum fights signs of aging.
- It contains vitamin C and E which improves skin elasticity
- It makes the skin feel moisturized after daily use.
- It protects the skin from sun damage.
- It has a light fragrance that can irritate the skin.
11. Lotus Herbals White Glow Serum – Good moisturizer
Lotus Herbals serum is perfect for skin brightening and anti-aging. It uses natural and plant-based ingredients to bring a daily dose of glow to your day. This product lightens and brightens skin tone, reduces dullness of the skin, and makes the skin look refreshed.
It includes powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from damage and signs of premature aging. It has mulberry extract, which is rich in anthocyanin, which prevents the skin from aging, giving you a youthful look, and wrinkle-free skin.
- The serum contains grape extracts that is rich in anti-oxidants and improves skin elasticity.
- Saxifraga in the serum lightens and whitens the skin.
- Mulberry extracts penetrate deep into the skin make it look healthier and younger.
- Milk enzymes nourish and moisturize the skin.
- The serum is ideal for normal skin type.
- It gets absorbed nicely into the skin.
- It is suitable for normal skin type only.
12. Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil Radiance Serum – Makes the look skin healthy
Lakme Absolute overnight serum includes ingredients that help diminish age spots and fine lines, and it also makes your skin look radiant and nourished. It helps the skin feel smoother, fresher and helps with repair sun-damaged skin overtime.
It makes your skin look healthier, younger, and it rejuvenates the skin. The product is infused with legendary morocco argan oil, which is known to provide superior nourishment.
- It leaves the skin nourished and radiant
- The serum is lightweight and thus gets absorbed into the skin quickly
- With regular use, it helps improve the texture of the skin
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do all serums come with an oily texture?
No, It depends on the nature of the skin. Some are watery, while some are a bit thick.
2. Are face serums better than creams?
Creams have heavier and thicker ingredients that can form a barrier on your skin. serums are lighter and include active ingredients that penetrate deep into the skin quickly and show results sooner.
3. Can it be used for an older person?
Yes, it can be used on an older person’s skin. Many face serums contain ingredients like mulberry extracts, hyaluronic acid which have amazing anti-aging properties.
We hope to have helped you get all the information you require while choosing a face serum. To make your search simpler, we have mentioned the 10 best serums for face that you can consider buying. If you were to ask us, we would choose Mamaearth skin correct face serum, Loreal Revitalift micro-essence, and StBotanica vitamin C serum.