Best Instant Cameras
The camera is one such product that provides you with the feature of capturing the best images and sharing a lot of memories.
However, many say that even a smartphone camera aid in capturing good images, but they can not print the photos immediately.
If you are interested in capturing the best quality images and wish to print them immediately, the instant camera does the work
Old school or old’s cool? Either way, instant cameras as more than just nostalgia.
Also, they aren’t pocket-sized like the best camera smartphones.
However, the throwback vibe of these cameras is completely different.
With an instant camera, you can print the images soon after they are captured. You can create stickers.
You can paste the instant photos on your books.
The instant cameras also help you while doing some project work to capture essential photos of projects.
With new technology, an instant camera is also providing the feature of Bluetooth integration that helps to print the photos from your social media.
Now, you can also save the photos captured in a memory card with an instant camera.
With all the advancements in technology, you can easily find yourself the best instant camera in India.
Instant camera images are famous among youngsters because of its looks and people have even started to use Instant camera for weddings as well.
You too can get yourself an instant camera, and this article will help you with it.
6 Best Instant Cameras
How does an instant camera work?
An instant camera uses a self-developing film that aids in taking the print of the photograph soon after the shot is captured.
When you capture the image, a chemical reaction takes place inside the camera, and it provides a stable image.
Once you capture the image, the film sheet passes through the rollers.
The rollers aid in spreading the reagent material in the middle of the sheet.
It lies in between the light-sensitive layer and the image layer.
The reagent reacts to chemical layers, and the final film is developed.
Types of instant camera
Polaroid cameras are categorized based on the film type it uses.
In older versions of Polaroid cameras, roll film was used that has a positive and negative that must be loaded in the camera.
Thereafter, Packfilm was introduced, and the photographer peeled the positive from the negative while developing the photo.
The next-generation cameras used an integral square format that has positive, negative agents, and it produced efficient prints.
As technology changed, the small size and mini formats are produced.
After the introduction of the first instant camera in 1948, many companies developed instant cameras.
Some cameras were compatible with Polaroid films, while some cameras were in-compatible and used different technology.
Keystone, Konica, Minolta are a few cameras that are compatible with Polaroid films.
Kodak, Fujifilm, Lomography are named to some few non-polaroid cameras.
Kodak developed an integral instant film and incompatible with Polaroid’s SX-700 film.
Though it was a bit similar to Polaroid film with the only exception of negative that was exposed from the rear, this made the requirement of a mirror to reverse the image.
Fujifilm is the first manufacturer that added different modes to Polaroid cameras like kids mode etc.
Later, Fuji introduced a new concept of Instax, and cameras were developed based on Instax.
Features to look before buying
Size of the photograph
This feature purely varies from one model to another model.
As we see, a few cameras offer mini photo sizes; few offer wide sizes and a few square sizes.
Generally, a mini size photo will be smaller than a wide size photo, and a mini size photo may be the same as a credit card size photo.
The size of the photo will be specified along with the camera, and it may be mentioned as 24 mm X 36mm/ 62mm x 99mm, etc.
Choose the camera that matches your required photo size.
Every camera comes with different batteries.
A few instant cameras come with lithium-ion batteries while few have CR2 batteries, and few have AA batteries.
Choose a camera that has a good life span of the battery and is rechargeable.
Shutter speed is an important feature to be considered when you are buying an instant camera.
Shutter speed is the length of time when the film is exposed to light.
Also, it is known as exposure time.
However, shutter speed may differ from one instant camera model to another instant camera model.
Usually, you can find the shutter speed mentioned as 1/25 sec, 1/175 sec, 1/60 sec, etc.
It plays a major role when capturing the images, especially when you tend to capture a moving object.
Generally, slow shutter speed results in blurred images.
The instant camera you are looking for must be easy to use and all the features provided with the camera must be understandable.
The cameras mentioned below makes you use them easily.
You can simply adjust the lens of the camera and press the button or click the shutter to capture the image.
So, before buying an instant camera, ensure that it is user-friendly.
Brightness adjustment dial
It is the special feature provided with only a few instant cameras.
However, every camera auto-adjusts the brightness level to capture the best image.
The brightness adjustment dial helps you to create more perfect images by adjusting or setting the brightness level as per the image.
The time taken to develop the photo soon after capturing the image and the processing time taken by each camera will not be the same.
The picture must be given enough time to get the best quality photos.
However, it is common to see a few spots over the photo after printing, and the spots dry within a day.
So, choose a camera that has the best processing time and produces good quality images.
Type of print
Usually, the type of print varies from one camera to another camera, and it may be either i-Type, Instax film, and zink paper.
i-Type has a white border, and the quality of the photograph is classic.
Though the quality is good, it takes much time to develop and must be kept in the dark.
While coming to Instax film, it also has a white border and takes 90 seconds to develop the photo.
Traditional Instax film must be shaken to develop the complete clear photo.
However, with the change in technology now, your Instax film does not require to shaken to obtain the photo.
Zink paper has tiny crystals. When they heat up, they produce different colors resulting in a photo.
They do not have a white border, and the photo quality is not as good as other types of prints.
Additional features included in the instant cameras are auto flash, flash filters, self-timer, selfie mode are popular.
So, pick a camera that comes with an additional feature if you love to capture photos using an instant camera.
Top 6 Instant Cameras
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (Grape) – Our pick
Fujifilm or Fuji are the trading names of Fujifilm Holding Corporation.
It is a Japanese multinational company and was established in 1934.
The company is into diagnostic equipment, medical imaging, cosmetics, digital cameras, color film, optical films for flat panel displays.
Fujifilm Mini 8 is ideal for beginners.
The design of the product is stylish, and the camera looks slimmer.
A brightness adjustment dial is provided to control different brightness levels.
It comes with alkaline batteries.
Also, the camera is provided with a high-key mode for greater visibility and clarity.
- It is designed efficiently and is light in weight. The camera looks slimmer
- It has a special feature of providing the aperture setting with a flash LED that is recommended for the photo
- For greater visibility and clarity it comes with new high-key mode
- You can power on the camera using button beside the lens
- Also, the camera is provided with the brightness adjustment dial
- The camera includes alkaline batteries
- Product dimension is 17 x 7.5 x 14 Centimetres meaning it can be carried anywhere.
- Different modes of shooting to capture beautiful images
- It only weighs 308 g making it super lightweight in use.
- Ideal for beginners as it automatically determines the suitable brightness, so it results in great pictures.
- Works fine only with in-door
- instructions for the usage of flash is not provided properly
2. Fujifilm Instax Square SQ6 Instant Camera (Blush Gold) – Self-timer
Fujifilm is a Japanese multinational company, and it is also known as Fuji.
Fuji and Fujifilm are the trading names while the company is Fujifilm Holding Corporation. It was established in 1934.
It is popularly known for the cameras, yet they are into diagnostic equipment, medical imaging, cosmetics, digital cameras, color film, optical films for flat panel displays.
SQ6 instant camera has a self-timer and auto flash option.
It is provided with different functionalities like selfie mode, macro mode, landscape mode, double exposure mode, light/dark mode.
Also, you can add different color filters to flash like purple, orange, green.
Now, you can capture images in a 1:1 square format.
- The product comes with alkaline batteries
- With 1:1 square format, you can capture the images without deciding whether you need to go for portrait or landscape
- In SQ6 you can attach three different color filters to flash
- With automatic exposure control, you can brighten both the subject as well as background
- Selfie mode aids in capturing the images by adjusting the brightness, focal length and in selfie mirror you can check the selfie capture area
- Macro mode aids in capturing the images from close range
- Landscape mode helps to capture the images from a distance
- Double exposure mode aids in artistically capturing the images by pressing the shutter twice. Two images in a single print
- Light / Dark mode provides you with the feature of controlling the brightness of the photo. Also, you can add low-key affect and high-key effect
- Lens movement is smooth
- The product has a unique color, and design hence can be used as a home decor piece.
- Easy to use
- Cartridge replacement is a bit expensive
3. Fujifilm Instax Square SQ10 Hybrid Instant Camera (Black) – Dual shutter system
Fujifilm Holding Corporation is a renowned company and was established in 1934.
Fujifilm or Fuji is popularly known for the cameras, yet they are into diagnostic equipment, medical imaging, cosmetics, digital cameras, color film, optical films for flat panel displays.
SQ10 is equipped with a date selection function and is provided with a tripod hole.
It has a dual shutter system, and now you can experience different angle photos.
Also, you can print your photos that are saved as thumbnails.
Different shooting modes are provided for the best picture quality.
Though the camera has an internal memory that can save 50images, you can also insert a Micro SD card.
Additionally, the camera has autofocus and self timmer features.
- SQ10 has autofocus and self-timer features
- It includes lithium batteries and 3-inch screen size
- With the dual shutter system, you can experience different angle photos
- SQ10 comes with a dual shutter system, and the camera has two buttons one located on the left and other on the right
- Innovative user interface design by providing a command dial for editing and printing the photos
- Image editing features include filters, partial color, vignette control, brightness control
- Print quality is good
- It is designed differently with round, symmetrical shape for holding the camera easily
- A good feature of saving the pictures and printing what desired
- Quality of the picture is not good in indoor environment
4. Kodak Mini Shot Instant Print Digital Camera LCD Display, Full-Color Prints (Black) – Bluetooth integration
Eastman Kodak Company, popularly known as Kodak, is a renowned company that produces camera related products.
Also, the company is best known for its photographic film products.
Micro 3D printing and packaging, Enterprise inkjet system, software, and solutions are their main business segments.
Kodak Mini Shot instant camera with 10MP uses 4Pass printing technology and comes with Bluetooth connectivity.
The camera does not print every photo that is captured. Instead, it asks to print or no to print.
Your social media photos and smartphone photos can be transferred to the camera for printing.
The screen size of the camera is 3.5 inches.
- Kodak 10MP mini instant camera uses 4pass printing technology
- The camera comes with Bluetooth integration and is compatible with smartphones
- 4Pass printing technology allows high-quality printing
- The product comes with a USB cable, Kodak cartridge, quick guide
- A micro USB 620mAH lithium battery is included, and it takes 1.5 hours to charge
- It takes 50sec per sheet to print
- It does not print each, and every photo captured automatically. The camera asks to print or not
- You can transfer the photographs from social media accounts and a smart device to mini shot instant camera for printing
- The camera can be used like independent printer
- Picture display is average
- Quality of the picture especially in wide angles is not up to the mark
5. Kodak Printomatic Instant Camera (Blue) Gift Bundle – Auto printing
Kodak is a popular name of Eastman Kodak Company, which produces camera related products.
The renowned company is best known for its photographic film products.
Their main business segments include Micro 3D printing and packaging, enterprise inkjet system, software, and solutions.
Kodak prismatic camera comes with a user manual for easy understanding.
It is included with a micro SD card slot, in-built lithium batteries, in-built flash.
You can also add a neck strap to the camera for convenient carrying.
Also, you can choose the color, black & white picture modes.
The printed copies are water-resistant, tear-resistant, smudge-proof.
- The product comes with a USB cable
- The printomatic camera is capable of printing water-proof, smudge-proof, tear-resistant photos
- Also, the 10 MP camera offers f/2 wide-angle lens that allows printing color or black & white photos instantly
- You can also print capture another photo while printing the previous photo
- A light sensor is provided along with the camera for turning on the flash in low light
- It is designed in such a way that it easily fits in the pocket
- Also, you can store the photos to SD card
- The design quality of the camera is good
- It is easy to use, and you can attach neck strap to the camera easy to use while traveling
- The product is available in multiple colors
- You will have to hold a camera still for 10-12 seconds after clicking the picture, or else will it lead to a blurry picture.
6. Canon Ivy Cliq Instant Digital Camera Printer (Bumble Bee Yellow) – Reprint button
Canon India Pvt. Ltd set up in 1997 is a subsidiary of Canon Singapore Private Limited.
Canon is leading in imaging technologies. Canon India is certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 27001, ISO 22301.
Canon received many rewards and awards. The list of their product category includes photography, printing, scanning, cinematography solutions, presentation.
Canon Ivy Cliq is a 5MP camera that allows reprinting your inch X 3inch photograph with a simple button press.
The captured photos can also be saved in the micro SD card slot.
The instant camera is available in plenty of colors.
No cartridges or toners or ribbons required. Additionally, the camera allows selfies.
- Canon Ivy Cliq includes lithium batteries
- It has a special feature of the capability of capturing selfie photos with the help of a selfie mirror
- Now, you can print 2inch X 3inch photos less than 50sec
- All photos can be saved in MicroSD card slot3
- It uses economical. environmental friendly zero ink technology
- It does not require any cartridges or toners or ribbons
- You can reprint the same photograph by just pressing the reprint button
- Coming to the pixel quality, it is 5 MP
- Built quality is good, and it does not bleed colors allowing users to take good quality images.
- Portable and compact hence it can accompany you on your next trip.
- The pictures that come out can be used as a sticker.
- Easy to carry
- The button is very touchy, so it leads to too many pictures taken that are not needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do instant cameras come with an SD card?
With the change and increase in technology, many features are being provided in an instant camera.
Many instant digital cameras provide you with the feature of storing the photographs in addition to printing the photos.
Also, you can just store the photograph instead of printing it and print it once the card is full.
2. Does photograph taken from instant camera fade?
Photographs taken from an instant camera does not fade quickly.
The photographs must be stored properly, and care must be taken for storing the photographs.
3. Can I take an Instax camera in flight?
The carry-on luggage is placed in the x-ray machine, and the films are exposed to x-rays.
There is the possibility of x-rays damaging the images.
If the film is exposed only once, there are fewer chances of damage.
However, if the film is exposed more than once, then it has a complete chance of destroying the film.
I hope this article provided you with the required information of instant cameras.
The above products are mentioned after good research.
We have selected Instax Mini 8 as the best pick, especially for beginners.
If you are looking for a camera that has self-timer, then we advise Instax SQ6.
Looking for Bluetooth integration, then pick Kodak Mini shot.
For enjoying auto printing, you can go with Kodak Printomatic.