Best Floor lamps in India
Lighting is an essential accessory that enhances the look of your contemporary home decor. There are three types of lighting, namely- accent, task, and general lighting. It is used to accentuate and illuminate your home or office to create a warm and welcoming environment.
A floor lamp is an elegant and contemporary lamp that features a long metallic or wooden stand with a base and lampshade. It provides brighter light than a table or desk lamp. Hence, it can light up the entire room and ensure less-focused light. You can also use a floor lamp as decorative lighting because of its stylish design.
It usually shines downwards and is placed in the living room or bedroom beside the sofa or bed. However, floor lamps also shine upwards. These types of floor lamps are referred to as torchiere or torch-style lamps. This is one of the most popular types of floor lamps.
There are various other types of floor lamps, including down bridge floor lamp, club floor lamp, tower floor lamp, and swing arm floor lamp. The swing arm floor lamp comes with an adjustable stand and gooseneck. You can also adjust the lighting to the required direction for comfortable reading.
Choosing the ideal floor lamp for your home may be a tedious task. Hence, we have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide that explains the critical points that should be considered before making a purchase. This is followed by the reviews of the top 5 floor lamps available on amazon. We also provide an FAQ section towards the end of the article to help you gain more insight regarding the product.
Top 5 Best Floor Lamps
The floor lamp comes in three parts, i.e., the stand, lampshade, and the base. Ensure that the stand and base features a metallic or wooden construction. It should be made using long-lasting wrought iron.
The lampshade should be made using jute and stiffener. It can also feature a metallic bulb holder. You can go for floor lamps that come with a tripod stand as well. These stands are attached to a robust chain to maintain stability.
You can consider purchasing a swing arm floor lamp that comes with an adjustable gooseneck. These lamps can be rotated 360-degrees to ensure the perfect lighting in the desired direction. They also come with an adjustable stand, allowing you to adjust the height as required.
The relaxed lighting will enable you to read in comfort. It also allows you to adjust the lighting in your living room, bedroom, or yoga room to create the perfect ambience. The lamp will ensure a warm and welcoming atmosphere for your guests.
Most floor lamps come with the light bulb. Hence, it prevents you from having to purchase a bulb separately, saving additional expenses. If the light bulb is not provided, then check the recommended bulb so that you make a suitable and compatible purchase for your floor lamp.
The common recommended bulbs are LED CFL or regular light bulbs. You should consider buying an energy-efficient light bulb that ensures low power consumption. This cuts down on your electricity bills, saving costs on additional expenses.
The elegant and stylish design of the floor lamp will enhance the overall aesthetics of your contemporary home decor. It ensures the perfect lighting for reading, and it can also be used as decorative lighting. The attractive design of the floor lamp enables you to place it in your living room, bedroom, office, or yoga room.
It will create the ideal warm atmosphere for you and your guests. Hence, opt for a floor lamp that features a minimal yet impressive design. This will light up the aura of your home.
It is important to consider the dimensions of the floor lamp before making a purchase, especially the height. Sit on the sofa or your bed and measure the distance from the floor to your eye level. If you wish to place the lamp next to your bed or sofa, then the height of the floor lamp should be below or at your eye level. You can consider going for a taller floor lamp if you are placing it away from your bed or sofa.
The floor lamp must come with a good quality cable. The length of the cable should be 1.5 meters or more. The long cable length will allow you to place the lamp anywhere you want, even if it is away from the power source. Also, the cable should feature a switch for the easy operation of the lamp.
Easy to Assemble
You can purchase a floor lamp that comes in a pre-assembled form. This will ensure convenience, saving you from the hassle of complicated assembly. On the other hand, the floor lamp that requires assembly should include all the essential parts like the stand, base, and lampshade.
It should be easy to assemble and install without the help of technicians. Also, it should be installed within a few minutes.
The floor lamp should come with wooden or metallic construction. Ensure that the base is strong and sturdy so that it does not fall on the slightest nudge. Also, the floor lamps that feature a wooden tripod stand are sturdy options. The stands come with chains that prevent the stand from shifting.
Top 5 Floor Lamps
1. Ikea – Floor uplighter –
The Ikea floor more upright also comes with an extension for reading light. The contemporary and elegant white floor lamp is capable of illuminating the entire room while enhancing its overall aesthetic. It is easy to operate as the reading, and general light can be switched on and off separately. Also, it comes with the bulb and brand reliability, making it our number one recommendation.
- It can be used as a general light and reading light.
- It features an open design.
- The lamp features a metallic construction.
- Recommended battery: LED E27 400 lumen globe opal white.
- Colour: white.
- The bulb is included.
- The reading and general lights can be switched on and off separately.
- It features a contemporary and elegant design.
- It lights up the room well.
- No negative points were seen so far.
2. OverseasMart Wooden Tripod Floor Lamp –
The OverseasMart floor lamp comes with a tripod stand and an off-white shade. The stand features a durable chain to maintain the position of the lamp. Hence, the wooden tripod lamp is sturdy. Moreover, the lamp ensures an elegant look to your home decor, making it a recommended choice.
- It features a tripod stand.
- It is constructed using brass and wood.
- It comes with a white shade.
- Dimensions of shade: 12 x 11 x 8 inches.
- The total height of the lamp: 40 inches.
- Height of tripod: 31 inches.
- It comes with a bulb.
- The tripod comes with a chain to maintain sturdiness.
- It features an elegant design that enhanced the look of your home.
- The quality of the product was exceptional.
- No negative points were seen so far.
3. Devansh Beige Jute Designer AF91 –
The Devansh AF91 designer floor lamp enhances the elegance and style of your contemporary home decor. It is a sturdy and durable lamp that comes with a wrought iron base and a shade made of jute. You can choose between a red, black, and beige lampshade.
Also, the lamp is high on utility and efficiency, making it an ideal option among buyers. However, it does not come with a bulb. You will need to buy an LED, CFL, or regular bulb up to 40 watts.
- Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 60.5 inches.
- It includes a floor lamp stand, lampshade, and an iron base.
- The shade is made using jute and stiffener.
- It comes with a two-pin flat plug and B-22 holder.
- The recommended bulb for this lamp is LED CFL or regular up to 40 watts.
- Base colour: black.
- Available shades: black, red, and beige.
- Length of wire: 1.5 meters.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The floor lamp is sturdy.
- The wire can be extended if required.
- It enhances the style of your home.
- No bulb is included.
- It is a bit expensive.
4. Home Centre Fluorescence Colonial Round Floor Lamp –
The Home Center Fluorescence floor lamp features a long metal stand and a round silver shade. The colonial floor lamp comes with a minimal yet impressive design. It is capable of lighting up the aura of your living room and bedroom.
The lamp does not come with a bulb. You will need to purchase an LED bulb separately. However, it is a suitable option for those looking for a minimalist floor lamp.
- Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 153 cm.
- The floor lamp comes with a round shade.
- The stand and base are constructed using wrought iron.
- Colour of shade: silver.
- It features a colonial design.
- It requires an LED or an E27 bulb.
- It features a minimal yet impressive design.
- The floor lamp is ideal for your living room and bedroom.
- It is sturdy and durable.
- No bulb is included.
5. CITRA Reading Floor Lamp –
The Citra swing arm floor lamp is a tall lamp with an adjustable gooseneck. It can be adjusted accordingly to ensure the perfect lighting for comfortable reading. The floor lamp is easy to operate.
Moreover, it can also be used as decorative lighting at home, office, or yoga rooms. It ensures a warm and welcoming atmosphere to your guests, making it a versatile option.
- This is a swing arm floor lamp with an adjustable gooseneck.
- It is constructed using durable metal.
- Minimum height: 13.4 inches and maximum height: 26.8 inches.
- It can be plugged into any standard socket.
- It comes with a switch on the adapter cord.
- It can be rotated 120-degrees and 360-degrees.
- The floor lamp is ideal for home, office, and yoga rooms.
- It requires an E26/27 LED bulb (not included).
- Colour: black.
- It is sturdy.
- The floor lamp can be adjusted to the required direction.
- It ensures a perfect lighting angle for reading.
- It can be used as decorative lighting in your home or office.
- The lamp is easy to operate.
- The quality of the lamp hood could be better.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the top brands for floor lamps?
The top brands for floor lamps are:
- Home Center
2. What should the height of my floor lamp be?
It is essential to sit on the sofa and measure the height from the floor to your eye level. The lampshade should be at or below your eye level if you wish to place it next to the sofa. This helps in avoiding glare. On the other hand, a taller lamp is suitable if you are placing it away from the couch or bed.
3. What type of floor lamp should I choose?
If you wish to buy a floor lamp for ambient lighting, then choose among torchier, shaded, and arch floor lamps. Tree torchier and swing arm floor lamps are suitable for focus lighting. It allows you to read comfortably.
4. What are the different shapes for floor lamp shades?
The different shapes for floor lamp shades are round, conical, square, oval, rectangular, empire, and drum.
5. Can a floor lamp light up the room?
If you wish to light up the room, then you will have to use the floor lamp as the primary source of lighting. It is better to go for ambient lamps instead of reading lights in this case.
6. What are the standing lights called?
Torchier is the most common and popular types of standing lamps or floor lamps. It comes with a lighting fixture pointing upwards at the end of the stand. It resembles a torch-like shape and ensures lighting upward. The name is derived from the French word for the torch.
7. Where should I put my floor lamp?
You can place the floor lamp in the corner of your living room or bedroom for ambient lighting. On the other hand, place the floor lamp beside or behind your sofa or bed for tasks like reading. It can also be placed for decorative lighting.
Floor lamps are high on utility and efficiency. They provide adequate lighting for comfortable reading. You can also use them as decorative lighting as they enhance the aesthetics of your home decor. This is an essential accessory that is a must-have in every household.
Here we provide a comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you make the right choice. The article also reviews the top 5 floor lamps available on amazon. You can make a purchase based on your budget and requirement.
The Ikea Floor Uplifter is our number one recommendation. It features a reading light and offers brand reliability. You can also consider going for the OverseasMart Wooden Tripod Floor Lamp as it is a sturdy option. We now come to the end of this article. We hope this article helps!