Best 9 Study Table Lamps
The use of study table lamps is dated back to 1879. Thomas Edison created the first lamp. After much research, he discovered a table lamp as illumination, and since then, it has been reformed, remodeled, and shaped in modern form.
Study table lamps can be purchased all over the world. A typical table lamp has an adjustable head and arm, various brightness level up, which makes you see better.
A study table lamp is specifically for reading, writing, crafting. It illuminates and also makes the room elegant and modern. The use of study table lamps is desirable in our day and age.
While most are made up of metal, some are made up of wood. Also, most are rechargeable, and some use a battery.
Best 9 Study Table Lamps in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Good Looking Product
Convenient To Use
Features of Study Table Lamps
An excellent study table lamp must have these features such as Bright light that’s easy to work. Its beam is moderate with minimal glare. Its adjustable body makes it easy to do other work around the room.
An incandescent bulb provides the brightest illumination. It’s needful to understand that these two characteristics make up a good study table lamp like CRI and Color temperature.
CRI (Color Rendering Index) measures how true-to-life colors look beneath a given light source. This is important because the ability to see contrast while reading and working is essential.
Study table lamp LEDs with high CRI ratings between 85 and 100 are convenient for use. Colour temperature comes with a standard measure on light appearance, often referred to as the “warm” or “cool” look of the light.
The light source should be placed above your head but out of your eyes; always make sure it’s not in direct line with your sight. The lamp should be positioned to prevent shadows from appearing across your table as you work. Good on-off switch options include base switches, and touch operating in lamps to use at your convenience.
If you’re right-handed, it means you will be placing the light source on the left side of your desk, and if you’re left-handed, you have to put the lamp at the right-hand side of your desk.
Make sure the arm is long enough to produce bright light on the whole work area. Good on-off switch options include chains, base switches, and touch operation lamps to use at your convenience.
Types of Study Table Lamps
There are different types of study lamps available in the market. Here is the kind of standard study table lamps to know;
Gourd lamp comes with a curvy and bulbous base that looks like a gourd. It’s usable and comes in a colorful ceramic variety. Gourd lamps can be crafted to give beauty to an environment using materials such as colored or clear glass, mercury glass, or metal.
They’re great study lamps; they also look great at bedsides, as an accent lamp, or in pairs on a sofa table. Gourd lamp also comes in a variety of styles like a traditional style, mid modern style, and more.
Candlestick lamps are named the way they look. They come with a slim, tall, and tapered appearance that produces beauty to a room. Candlestick lamps are a bit more formal than other shapes.
They’re a great pair on a dining room buffet that’s why they’re sometimes referred to as buffet lamps.
This type of lamp can fit into many different styles, and It depends on the amount of ornamentation the lamp has, or what it is made of.
A sleek candlestick lamp will add great elegance to your modern space, while a wooden style would be suitable for the modern farmhouse.
Tiffany lamps were named after the Louis Comfort Tiffany. The best feature of this lamp is the shade. The base is wide enough to give it an adequate standing position.
The motifs depicted on the shades of tiffany can be Mission or Art Deco in nature, Victorian, and are well suited to homes that evoke one of those periods. This lamp is best used for accent lighting, and also brings beauty to the room it’s placed.
The pharmacy lamp or swing arm table lamps are great for task lighting, and they can swing and bend to provide adequate lighting to the area it’s needed. Pharmacy lamps can fit into a variety of purposes, depending on the finishing and detail.
For example, an antique brass one is well suited for a traditional space, while an exposed bulb and a caged shade would be suitable for a room decorated with industrial styling.
Novelty lamps are lamps with bases in the shape of animals, seashells, vehicles, and more. Almost any kind of object can be fashioned into a novelty lamp. It can come in the unusual but not quite namable shape or pattern.
A novelty lamp can match a decorating theme, or its uniqueness alone can serve as a unique item in an eclectic space. Novelty lamps can also be used in nursery schools or children’s playrooms to inspire imagination and learning.
It’s essential to choose the best study table lamp which will provide you with the best experience while studying. Here’s a list of guidelines to know before purchasing a table lamp:
Study lamps are designed with a variety of materials. The material is ranging from traditional materials such as glass and ceramics to more contemporary elements such as metal and acrylic.
Material such as wood, selenite, faux shagreen, and alabaster are now prevalent in the making of study lamp. Therefore, it’s essential to know the material the study lamp is made up of before purchasing.
This will ease maintenance, use, and also provide more beauty to your room or in the location it’s placed.
A Study lamp comes in a variety of styles such as gourd, candlestick, tiffany, pharmacy, novelty, and more. Some study table lamps also come with unique styles but aren’t famous but effective in use. So, it’s vital to choose a study lamp with a style that is good for you, especially beauty and comfort.
Shades: Some lamps come with blurry shades that don’t help study. It’s important to choose a lamp with a shade that produces a bright light for effective studying.
Study lamps come with standard contemporary shades like paper, silk, and linen. So, ensure you choose a study table lamp with bright artificial lighting for convenient studying.
Where the lamp will be placed is also important, placing the study lamp on an inappropriate area can cause a lot of discomfort. Some of the best locations for study lamps include a console table, side table, and bedside table. The study lamp should also be placed so that shadows don’t disturb your work.
Ensure to place the light source on the left side of your desk if you’re right-handed and vice versa. Putting the study lamp in a good location will provide adequate lighting of the area, beautify the environment, and ensures you have a convenient environment while studying.
High-quality light: Study table lamps must be able to provide adequate lighting for effective studying. An incandescent bulb will provide a clear and bright light.
It’s essential to choose a bulb with good CRI and color temperature. CRI (color rendering index) measures how colors look beneath a given light source, and it’s essential to know the rating to prevent visibility variation while reading or working.
Colour temperature is a standard for light appearance; lamps with a color temperature range of 2700k to 4500k generally provide bright and pleasing light to work.
It’s vital to consider the size of the study table lamp before purchasing it. A small desk will require clip-on lamps with small bases to maintain desktop space. A large desk will need a lamp with extra reach for full coverage of the table.
A preferred study lamp bulb size must not be too high so that the light doesn’t become diffuse or too low with inadequate coverage. Large study table lamps tend to occupy ample space, while a moderate size lamp occupies less space. So, you must choose the study lamp that’s adequate for you.
1. Wipro Garnet Led Table Lamp – Our Pick
It comes with a good CRI greater than 80. It comes with an innovative design, as well as an excellent control knob. The product also comes with dimming and color-changing features. It has a design that will complement any environment it’s placed.
The dimming comes with three-level features to modify brightness and match the ambiance with colors changing from neutral white, to cool daylight, to warm white. You can adjust the light to any angle that’s right for you.
It also comes with a flexible gooseneck and a durable exterior. The product is not rechargeable. It’s energy-efficient.
- It has a compact size.
- It is made of ABS material.
- It comes with a relaxed daylight color.
- It comes with a LED bulb with a luminous flux of 200 lumens.
- You can switch over to warm colors and lower brightness while reading
- It comes with 6 watts of power.
- It comes with a color temperature of 6500 kelvin.
- It has a touch switch.
- Good quality product.
- It comes with an impressive feature and sound design.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- It comes with an excellent switch system.
- It has three different grade of light.
- It’s excellent for reading.
- Small size.
- There’s no memory for which color temperature was set before switching it off.
2. Smart One Rock Light Led Table Study Lamp – Good Looking Product
It comes with a foldable design with a touch sensor. This product produces an optimal distribution of light on the bedside, study desk, and more. It offers adequate lighting while reading.
It looks classy, economical, and modern. It comes with three different light modes; adjust the brightness according to your need. It’s perfect for late-night studying. It has a 360-degree adjustable neck for convenience.
It’s portable, durable, and efficient. It comes with a flexible USB LED light, which is very efficient at night. The product can run for long hours.
- It comes with a flexible gooseneck.
- It has a smooth body surface.
- It uses a LED bulb.
- It comes with a built-in rechargeable battery.
- It has a white color design.
- It is built with plastic material.
- It comes with a switch for controlling the lighting.
- It comes with a cordless connection.
- It has a classic and simple design.
- Good quality product to purchase
- It’s lightweight and easy to charge.
- It uses a battery that can last for long hours.
- It provides less strain on the eyes.
- Reasonable price for a product.
- It has three impressive light modes.
- It produces high-quality lighting.
- It loses stability when it is bent.
3. SYSKA SSK-TL-8605L POWERLIGHT 10W LED Table lamp
The table lamp comes in handy when it comes to reading a book at night without stressing the eyes and disturbing others sleeping in the same room.
The lamp has a flexible body and touch control panel that makes it unique and a great product.
- 10 W warm LED light – 20 pieces LED
- The table lamp has a touch control panel.
- It has three-stage dimming options.
- It has a rechargeable battery
- The lamp comes with a USB charging option
- It can operate for nine-hour upon fully charge.
- The battery takes up to 4-5 hours to completely charge.
- The lamp is 43 mm in height, 10 cm long, and 10 cm wide.
- The item weighs 180 grams.
- It has an elegant design.
- The body of the table lamp is flexible and can be turned and bend as per the comfort
- The LED lights are bright enough to study or prepare assignments at night, even with a power failure.
- It is light and easy to carry around.
- The lamp doesn’t strain the eyes.
- No Negative point was found.
4. Philips Air Led Desk Light – Convenient To Use
Philips air desk light is an innovative study table lamp with a sleek design. It produces cool daylight when it’s in use. It provides a bright light of 250 lumens with 20 LEDs. It runs on electricity. It’s safe and effective to use.
The incandescent bulb, CFL, and unbranded LED light can quickly heat but branded LED heat up only 1/5 of the regular lamp. It stays cool all day, and the body is made of safe material. It has a CRI greater than 80, which ensure it produces an accurate and bright light.
- It is built with plastic material.
- It is designed in a black color.
- It can be used for studying, general lighting, and office work.
- Its power is 5W.
- It comes with a flat base.
- It produces a color temperature of 6500K.
- The power source is from the AC adapter.
- Light-weighted product
- Good quality product.
- Product is comfortable to use.
- It comes with a good battery life.
- It has a good run time.
- It has a sleek and produces sufficient light, which is adequate for the study.
- The light isn’t too bright.
5. Maharsh Enterprise Led Study Table Lamp – Portable Product
It comes with three-speed touch control. It’s suitable for studying, dining, office, and home use. You can also charge the lamp using a computer or a mobile phone. The light illumination is calm and not dazzling.
It comes with a soft diffuser lens to bring the greater light area to the environment. The battery is located in an area that is easy to replace. It comes with a battery indicator so you wouldn’t worry about the device overcharging.
- It’s built with ABS material.
- It weighs 170 grams.
- It uses a 3000mAh battery.
- It has a charging time of 8 to 10 hours.
- It has a light source power of 8 watts.
- It has the right brightness level.
- It’s convenient to use and easy to keep.
- The touch sensor is superb.
- It comes with an attractive design.
- It comes with adequate bright light.
- It’s sleek and portable and of good quality
- The battery life doesn’t last very long.
6. Sunsenses Study Table Lamp – Sturdy Product
This product is perfect for students to make their studying experience efficient, doctors, and teachers.
It comes with a black switch at the base of the lamp for on and off. It can be used with filament bulbs, LED, or CFL. It comes with a solid metal finish. The bulb is not supplied with the lamp you may need to purchase it separately.
- It comes with black body color.
- It comes with a metal arm structure.
- It weighs 1.4 kg.
- It uses electricity for its operation.
- It has a cord with a length of 1.4 meters.
- It’s not chargeable.
- It’s tall in size.
- It comes with excellent finishing.
- It is sturdy, and the base is a bit heavy.
- Perfect lamp for studying.
- It comes with excellent quality.
- It comes with a classic design.
- Every part is repairable and replaceable.
- It produces good quality lighting.
- The height can be adjusted to your preferred style.
- The bulb is not supplied with the lamp you may need to purchase it separately.
7. Helicon Table Lamp – Durable Product
It’s a modern desk lamp used for studying, office, and professional purposes. It comes with a chrome finished design with 360 degrees flexible gooseneck arm to enable smooth rotation. The height can be adjusted to suit your needs.
It comes with an aluminum reflector with helicon light style technology for maximum distribution of light. It comes with a B22 bulb base which can accommodate LED or CFL bulbs efficient to light up your desk.
It’s designed with a dual-layered shade. It comes with an eye care technology that minimizes the harsh effects of light on your eyes. The body enhanced durability and strength.
- The body is built with steel and synthetics.
- Available in the color of silver.
- It comes with a long-lasting body.
- It has an on/off switch.
- It uses electricity for its operation.
- It comes with an attached cord.
- It is not chargeable.
- Strong, sturdy lamp.
- It’s comfortable to handle; the neck is highly flexible.
- Good quality product.
- Good body design.
- It has a 360-degree rotation.
- It uses the regular B22 LED bulb.
- It has a long dome to prevent lightning from disturbing your eyes.
- The base of the lamp could get rust after a while.
8. Kundi Led Table Lamp – Light-weighted Product
It comes with a cute dog wooden style and produces adequate lighting while in use. It’s a unique study table lamp with fantastic lighting and efficient energy which makes it environmentally friendly and energy-saving.
It comes with a romantic and elegant design which is suitable for home, office, studying, and other decorative purposes. It has an adjustable head that can rotate 180 degrees, and the lamp body can be adjusted 360 degrees.
It’s a three in one study lamp; it can be used as a toy, a lamp, and for decoration. It was designed to be stable, soft, and non-flickering with the led.
- It has a bright LED bulb.
- It comes with yellow and white in color.
- It is made of wooden material.
- It runs on electricity.
- It has the excellent product quality
- It comes with a reasonable price for a study lamp.
- Its light weighted and is durable.
- It produces sufficient brightness.
- The color is stylish, innovative, and attractive.
- Balancing the table lamp is an issue, but after balancing it, it becomes stable.
9. Esn Stylish Black Table Lamp – Quality Lighting
This product comes with a flexible gooseneck. It is convenient and comfortable to use. It’s perfect for studying, and it’s also easy to adjust. The lamp can accommodate a 7-watt bulb. It’s suitable for LED/CFL bulbs.
- It comes with black color.
- It runs on electricity.
- It’s made of plastic material.
- It has a small base.
- Good quality product.
- It is economical.
- It comes with a small base, but it’s very stable.
- It’s convenient to use.
- It’s sturdy, and there are no loose fitting parts.
- It’s bright, which is suitable for studying.
- The metal could become rusted after a while.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do all study table lamps come with a replaceable bulb?
No, not all study lamps come with a replaceable bulb.
2. Are all study table chargeable?
No, not all study lamps are chargeable. Some study lamps are connected directly to an electricity supply for usage while some do not need electricity for usage.
3. How long does the study table lamp last?
It depends on the type of study lamp and battery type. Some lamps can run up to 10 hours while some are less.
4. What length is okay for a rechargeable lamp wire?
At least a lamp with a wire of 2 meters is sufficient for use.
5. Do they all use the same power feature?
No, they don’t. Ensure you check the description of the bulb required before replacing the bulb.
6. Are the study lamp good for the eyes?
Yes, study lamps are good for the eyes if they have good lighting and proper illumination. A study lamp with bad lighting and improper illumination are not good for users because they can damage the eye.
7. Which bulb is good for study lamp?
LED bulbs are suitable for study lamp because they’re good for reading.
Today study table lamps are beneficial for studying, office use, and more. It’s essential to choose a study lamp that will provide the best comfort.