Top 6 Best Selling Briefcases – Reviews & Buying Guide
When you walk into your office or a business meeting carrying an impressive and sleek briefcase, you ooze charisma, elegance, and professionalism like nothing else. It earns you respect and dignity, while projecting an image of an intellectual person.
A classy briefcase instantly boosts your personality and makes a lasting impression on others. Your speech and actions are taken cognizance of. It expresses your leadership style and stamps your authority as a man of substance.
It provides ample space for keeping your important documents safely and securely. It works great for working professionals like CEOs, directors, lawyers, managers, executives, etc.
In this article, you will get all the information like types of briefcases, a comprehensive buyers guide, our Top 6 Recommended products, and few frequently asked questions to help you make the right purchase.
Top 6 Briefcases
Sturdy and Secure Briefcase
Durable and Design
Briefcase Bag for a 17-inch laptop
Best for 15.6-inch Laptop Case
Best for 15.6-inch Laptop Case
Types Of Briefcases
It has a lightweight, unbending edge made of solid plastic, or aluminum. It lays on its side and features a handle yet no shoulder lashes. They have dividers and envelopes to keep things inside the case organized.
Any case with no encompassing at the top of the bag is viewed as a soft-sided briefcase. These cases open from the very top, which can be put away and recovered while the case is in a vertical position.
These cases regularly come with both a handle and a detachable shoulder strap. Though some soft-sided cases include locks, the materials from which these cases are made are defenseless against an attempt to get at the substance of the bag.
The portfolio is the big brother to the padfolio, as they are the same except that the portfolio comes with a handle on the top and is a little larger. The portfolio is the better option if you have to move around and you need your briefcase to come along.
This type allows you to fit bulkier items inside, and there are additional sections within the portfolio to place your documents, office supplies – business cards and pens, your cell phone, and other necessary objects.
This briefcase is portable, a little larger but keeps you organized; the different compartments enhance the value of this briefcase immensely.
These are the more laid-back, casual version among all the briefcases. They have an over-the-shoulder strap that makes this a stylish choice to compliment your crisp suit and tie look.
It is portable and versatile, making it a big favorite among students and individuals who are always on the go.
These are the most traditional briefcases, in shape, size, and utility.
Traditionally, it is a box-style case made of leather or occasionally aluminum, designed with two compartments to open up on the sides.
It is the briefcase with the most significant space available; so you will be able to fit in all the necessary items and add a few extra items if need be.
It is also versatile and appropriate for all types of business events, so attachés are the most preferred and common type of briefcase used by everyone.
As the name suggests, this is typically made for the business person who has to go to different locations for longer trips with all the necessary items along with business essentials.
The size of this briefcase allows you to pack for an overnight or a weekend-long trip, fitting in clothes and a laptop along with the needed documents.
This type of briefcase keeps your look professional, even though it is bigger than the usual, it is still small enough to show that you have not dragged your entire wardrobe into the meeting.
A briefcase might be expensive to some yet is depict the social class of individuals that derive pleasure in its usage. In the wake of searching for the best-selling briefcase, the determining element of a quality briefcase is to be understood.
It’s worth monitoring the distinctive types of an accessible briefcase, a decision that will be affected to a great extent by what you use it for.
We highlight some qualities to look for when buying a briefcase, especially for those that are new to buying a briefcase. Apparently, with the use of these tips, one can be guaranteed to buy the right bag for their needs.
Pockets and Storage capacity
The briefcase must have ample storage capacity so that you can store all your essential belongings. It should have a separate compartment for storing your laptop.
Inner mesh pockets are also a requirement as it will help in keeping all your accessories in an organized manner. This enables you to access all the belongings easily without having to waste time searching for them.
Used material in the structuring of the briefcase
The equipment materials utilized for the briefcase influence the cost as well as its appearance and durability. The zippers, locks, handle, metallic rings and hooks take the most damage every day and are probably going to destroy before any other part of the case.
Thorough checking is easier done when buying from a store, just simply turning the bag and concentrate the subtleties. But if you are acquiring the briefcase online, just zoom in to the item pictures to observe the nature of the fittings.
And lastly, the cost is a decent sign of value. Great quality leather fittings are strong as a maker who utilizes quality materials is going to value their items higher.
The Quality of Leather Used
Quality leather enriches with age, so purchasing a briefcase produced using great leather means the briefcase should look awesome even after a long period of use.
After some time, the best quality leather changes color and builds up a fascinating covering. This attribute makes the briefcase looks smooth and professional.
Noticeably, certifiable leather is tough, adaptable, appealing, and has a run of typical smell related to rough manliness. Full-grain leather makes the strongest briefcases.
The flexibility of Space (Partitions)
Briefcases look misleadingly squashed and slim. The insides are frequently structured with adaptable and open partitions to store your PCs and other valuables. Space available is the primary factor to consider while buying a briefcase.
You ought to have sufficient enough compartments inside your briefcase to keep the items as arranged as possible, particularly if one is carrying a handful of items.
The Cost of the Leather Briefcase
Expect to pay top dollar for quality. You want nothing less once buying an item that ought to last decades. An inexpensive briefcase may cost a little upfront, but it will need to be replaced sooner than a more expensive and durable version.
1. American Tourister Briefcase – Sturdy and Secure Briefcase
American Tourister is a leading brand owned by Samsonite. It deals with the manufacture of different bags and luggage.
This American Tourister briefcase comes with compartments and meshed pockets, allowing you to store your laptop and other business-related belongings in an organized manner.
The number lock system of the briefcase ensures the security of all your relevant documents and accessories. Moreover, the ABS material build makes it strong, sturdy, and durable.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 46 x 40 x 11 cm.
- Weight of the briefcase: 399 grams.
- Volume capacity: 20 L.
- Material: ABS.
- Has many inner mesh pockets.
- It comes with a number lock system.
- Helps in keeping all your business belongings and accessories organized.
- Has a separate compartment for storing a laptop.
- Lightweight and sturdy design.
- It is durable and provides value for money.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Sterling Cady Briefcase– Polycarbonate Case
Carrying Sterling Cady case is prepared to provide your laptop and other valuables such as your papers, pens, device, chargers, and much more an optimal level of protection because it has multiple pocket slots.
With an exterior that has durable non-scratch water-resistant and lined with smooth nylon cloth and silky for optimal protection. The Cady case features a durable rubberized top carrying handle that will reduce arm fatigue and back strain.
- The material used is nylon, polycarbonate.
- Features a zip closure.
- Inner material polycarbonate.
- Fits every laptop that is 15.6 inches in size.
- Regardless of your destination, this case is great for on the go.
- Made of material that keeps valuables is a good condition.
3. Victorinox Lexicon Briefcase– Durable and Design
Victorinox Lexicon Lassalle is a laptop briefcase that is a durable, smart and sophisticated professional collection that is built to offer. protection for your business essentials.
The construction of the bag is robust with a dedicated laptop and tablet compartment with special removable cushions on the sides to prevent accidental drop damage.
It has generous use of leather accents that feel more premium, great space of organizations along with multiple zips in each compartment to segregate various objects.
- Item height: 10 Centimeters.
- Item length: 37.50 Centimeters.
- Item width: 28 Centimeters.
- Outer material: Nylon.
- Capacity 11 liters.
- Weight 1300 grams.
- Laptop size compatibility: 13 inches.
- It has file dividers.
- It features a full-length zippered pocket.
- 10-year warranty along with the swiss tracker.
- It has pockets for an electronic device, business card and pen loops.
- The front organizational panel that contains two full-length zippered pockets
- The pockets are a bit narrow.
4. American Tourister ABS Briefcase
American Tourister is a pioneering brand that has been at the forefront of supplying high-quality luggage products since 1933. It tests its products for improved strength, durability, and dependability in real-world conditions.
American Tourister status briefcase is specially designed for professionals and business personnel. It looks elegant and classy. It is ideally suitable for carrying important documents, files, etc.
- It features a multi-inner mesh pocket as well as the inner organizer pocket for keeping your business belongings and traveling accessories safely and securely.
- It features a push-button type closure.
- It comes with a number locking mechanism that provides only authorized access to your documents and belongings.
- It has a 20 litre capacity for storing the docs and other stuff. It measures 12 x 18 x 15 cm in dimensions and weighs 400 grams.
- It comes with an organized Interior that provides ample space for keeping all the office accessories.
- It is a spacious briefcase that can also carry 2 or 3 pairs of clothes while going for a short trip.
- It is ideally suitable for carrying your project reports, important files, and documents.
- It is a sturdy briefcase that is prepared from strong ABS material for long-lasting usage.
- It looks trendy and elegant that adds a touch of professionalism for individuals carrying it.
- It is especially crafted for business class, office class, and working professionals class people.
- It can be used for carrying laptops and big-sized files.
- No negative points were observed so far.
5. BRAND LEATHER Leather Briefcase
A brand leather briefcase is especially crafted for executives for creating a lasting impression and making favorable deals with renewed vigor and enhanced confidence.
It is large sized with a leather exterior and features a completely lined fabric interior. It comes with multiple pockets that help you to stay organized by keeping your files and belongings separately.
- It is prepared from durable and soft leather.
- It is hand-crafted by professional artisans using grained leather. This full-grain leather is extracted from the top layer of the buffalo skin.
- It comprises metallic fitting locks, buckles, and holders that are internally lined using strong brown lining for imparting it a durable and long-lasting usage.
- It features double-stitched stress points that are riveted using hidden nylon strapping.
- The handle strap and inside compartment of this briefcase are prepared using non-woven nylon tape.
- The laptop compartment is prepared using 8mm poly-poplin foam for providing enhanced safety for your laptop.
- Both sides of the bag feature a handle strap with 2 antique plating dog hooks for holding the handle straps.
- It measures 42 x 13 x 31 cms in dimensions and it weighs 800 grams.
- It can be used for multiple situations like going to the office or short-distance traveling.
- It creates a great impression in the boardroom, courtroom, and during business meetings.
- It makes a classic office cum laptop backpack for college students or sales personnel.
- It showcases excellent craftsmanship, stitching, and finishing as it is hand-crafted by professionally skilled craftsmen.
- It is an executive business briefcase that creates an impression wherever you take it.
- It is a must-have briefcase for executives working in the corporate world as it creates a lasting impression effortlessly with its distinguished looks such as velvet lining, ostrich finishing, combination locks, etc.
- Some of the stitches and alignment are a little uneven.
6. American Tourister ABS Black Briefcase
American Tourister is a renowned international brand that manufactures and supplies high-quality luggage products including business bags, backpacks, luggage, duffle, accessories, and others.
American Tourister ABS 13 liters black briefcase is a stylish and high-quality briefcase that is crafted for great fun and style statement. It is an elegant briefcase to pick while going for deal-making meetings.
- The outer material of this briefcase is prepared from sturdy and strong ABS shells.
- It comes in attractive black color that reflects effortless professionalism and class in the boardroom or courtroom.
- It comes in 13.23 liters capacity that measures 42cm x 9cmx 35cm in dimensions.
- It comes with a number-lock mechanism that ensures authorized access to files and belongings.
- It has multiple pockets for keeping your cards, chargers, keys, smartphones, files, documents, etc.
- It is an ergonomically designed briefcase that exerts minimal stress on your back, hand, and shoulders for easy carrying.
- It works great for various modern professionals from creative director to investment banker.
- It can also be used for carrying one or two pairs of dresses for a short trip.
- You can easily reset the number lock for using the new combination.
- The latches feature sharp edges on the inside that may cut the fingers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to take care of a leather bag?
Always handle the leather bag with clean hands since leather is susceptible to oil and grease. The surface of the leather bag can be wiped using a damp white cotton cloth. You can also use a leather cleaner for cleaning purposes.
Ensure that you remove stains as soon as you notice them on the bag. Chalkdust can be used for removing stains. Be sure to let it stay overnight for absorbing the stain.
Leather conditioner can be used to moisturize the bag. You should not use alcohol, water, or mineral spirits on your leather bag. Also, you should store away your unused leather bag in bubble wrap
2. What are briefcases used for?
Lawyers usually use briefcases for carrying briefs to the court. Businessmen or women can also use them for carrying essential papers, documents, business-related belongings, and accessories. You can also carry your laptop in a briefcase.
3. What’s the difference between a briefcase and an attache case?
An attache case is the most traditional type of briefcase. It is small in size and has a slim profile with a metal or leather exterior.
While a briefcase is flat and rectangular, all attache cases are commonly used briefcases that can carry papers, documents, and even a laptop.
4. How do I darken my leather?
The best way is the natural way that a whole lot of people use, but if you’re in haste, then a little mink oil could be a clever way to darken your leather.
Remember not to test it on the whole surface but always test in a little portion on the leather to see if you can make do with the result.
5. Will water damage it?
Your leather will be safe and fine even when it gets rained on, and there won’t be any disfiguring marks afterward if the leather is tanned with oil and therefore repels water after many hours or maybe many minutes. Simply know that while it’s wet, the color could come off a little.
6. How do I get scratches out?
Elbow grease is the best for dealing with scratches. Rubbing the scratch out of it with a rag and conditioner
7. Will the color fade?
It does fade, but over a long period of time.
Carrying a briefcase is synonymous with reflecting professionalism. It comprises a large space for carrying your diaries, files, laptops, tablets, calculators, chargers, car-keys, etc. It’s like carrying your entire office with you wherever you go.
It makes an emphatic style statement and makes you stand out in a crowd. Whether you would like to make a high-profile presentation or appear for the interview for a higher management post, a briefcase gives you a competitive edge over others.
The briefcase has evolved with times and modern day briefcases come in various types like portfolio briefcase, hard-sided briefcase, soft-sided briefcase, messenger bags, attaches, etc.
Get smarter and confident with a high-quality briefcase and exude your charm wherever you go.
If you are working within the office building most of the time, the American Tourister Burgundy ABS Briefcase is perfect for taking around the office as style statement along with its efficient look as well.
For daily travelling, it is recommended you pick one of the messenger bags; the Sterling Cady Collection.