Best Bed Frames in India
Ask anyone what they would like to do when they are tired, and the answer will surely be – crash on the bed! At the end of a tiring day, all we want to do is get into the comfort of our beds and get a sound sleep.
But will it be possible if your bed is uncomfortable? What if the bed is not mounted on a sturdy frame? To ensure the bed remains in your comfort zone for a longer time, it has to have a sturdy frame. Bed frames are what make or break the bed.
Today, bed frames come in different materials and a variety of styles.
To make it easier for you to choose the right bed frame, we have compiled a comprehensive article including our top recommendations, the types of bed frames, a buyer’s guide, and common FAQs. Read on to know all about the best bed frames in India.
Top 6 Bed Frames in India
Types of Bed Frames
Bed frames are of three types based on the material used:
Wooden frames are generally made of hardwood. They contain slats underneath and are sturdy with a high weight-bearing capacity. The disadvantage of wooden bed frames is the attack of termites. They also attract bed bugs if not maintained properly.
Metal frames are common these days, especially in modern homes. They are lightweight and comparatively more sturdy than wooden frames. They are resistant to moisture and cracks.
The best metal bed frames will have strong nuts and bolts to avoid friction. They should also have rubber support on the legs to avoid a squeaky sound while in use.
The latest trend in bed frames is the use of fabric and cushions. The footboard, headboard, and base come with panels attached to them that are usually covered in polyester or velvet fabric.
For those who have health issues, the box spring bed frame is useful because it lifts your mattress to reach a comfortable level for you to get on and off your bed.
This kind of bed frame makes your mattress long-lasting by preventing it from sagging. But box spring bed frames tend to lose their sturdiness over time. Thus, we recommend turning it over occasionally.
4-Poster Bed Frame
These bed frames have four posters on the sides of the bed. They come in varying heights like the low post, high post, and half post.
4-poster bed frames are available for all bed sizes. 4-poster bed frames are usually considered a symbol of luxury.
A canopy is a 4-poster bed frame accompanied by extended beams. This type of bed frame is available in wood as well as metal. Canopy beds are costlier than other types.
Some canopy bed frames are customizable so that you can attach mosquito nets to them. Other canopy beds allow you to remove the posts when not needed.
Platform beds frames are lower than the normal bed frame. They make it difficult to get in and out of the bed. The advantage of platform bed frames is that they are much cooler than other beds because they are closer to the ground.
Storage beds are preferred by those who live in compact spaces and want more storage space. There is plenty of room within this kind of frame, sometimes with drawers or lift-up doors.
You can use the storage space to store quilts, extra pillows, etc. The storage space within these bed frames allows you to switch from winter bedding to summer bedding easily.
If you are serious about investing in a bed frame, consider the following factors before picking a bed frame:
If you want the bed frame to match your home’s interiors, you can select the luxury styles like panel frames and 4-poster frames. If you intend to use it temporarily, consider the foldable bed frame that is easy to transport or move around.
Your bed is the highlight of your bedroom, so choose a design that matches your personality. It also should match other furniture and elements in your room. Consider the interior design of your room too.
Black, brown, white, etc., are the most commonly chosen colours for the bed frame. The colour doesn’t matter if the bed frame is going to be concealed all the time. But for those who like to match their furniture to the interiors, colour coordination will be of great help.
As stated above, bed frames are available in mainly two materials – wood and metal.
For someone who will shift homes constantly, metal bed frames will work the best because of their portability. Wooden frames are durable and look better than metal frames, but there are possibilities of mite infestation, cracks, etc.
Bed frames are available in all price ranges.
The price of a bed frame depends on several factors like the material, size, etc. But generally, wooden frames are costlier than metal ones. The bottom line is, you need to choose a bed frame that suits your purpose and also fits your budget.
Another key factor to consider is size. The bed frame should not be too big to occupy the entire space and not too small that it will be uncomfortable to sleep in.
We recommend you measure the space where you intend to keep the bed frame. The width, height, and length that it can accommodate are important to consider.
One of the most common problems of bed frames is the cracking or breaking of the frame from the centre. The solution is to check out the weight-bearing capacity of the frame. The bed frame should have slats that support the frame.
Top 6 Bed Frames
1. Luster Single Folding Bed Frame
Luster heavy-duty folding bed is good for those who want to save space in their home. It becomes an additional bed for unexpected guests.
This is a portable bed made of metal. The high-quality platform frame is foldable and is suitable for a single person.
- It measures 182.9×81.3×38.1cm
- It is rust-resistant and suitable for long-term use
- The platform structure is welded and fixed with screws
- The enclosed nuts and rounded steel bars prevent the scratching of the mattress
- Can take up to 300 kgs weight
- There is a locking mechanism that ensures the bed does not open when it is folded
- The rubber grips on the legs prevent scratches on the floor
- The nylon straps are strong and resistant to tearing
- It comes with a free pillow
- The paint finish could be better
2. IKEA Bed Frame
This IKEA bed frame is made of stainless steel and coated with white polyester powder. It is a medium single bed measuring 79.6 inches in length, 36.4inches in width, and 21.6 inches in height.
It is one of the best bed frames and has a luxurious look and easily fits into medium-sized rooms. It requires assembly and can be done on a DIY basis.
- This is a low-height bed frame
- It has a simple design with 6 legs and a pillow support
- Its perfect size is fit for low ceiling and tightly-spaced areas
- The powder coating on this bed frame does not fade over time
- It is rust-resistant
- It is easy to assemble by yourself or with the help of a friend/family member
- There is plenty of space underneath the bed for storage
- No negative points were observed so far about the product
3. Kabira Metal Bed Frame
This is a foldable bed frame made of wood and metal. This Indian bed frame is ideal for bachelors and those who have to shift homes often. This bed can be easily folded, which is handy when it is not in use.
- It is lightweight and has a sturdy structure
- Asian paint is used to give it a fine finish
- Centre leg for more support
- It comes with a headboard and foot support that are laminated on both sides
- The wood used in this bed frame is plywood
- The heavy iron pipes used in this bed frame are strong
- It has a smooth finish that avoids corrosion
- It is suitable for adults of all age groups
- It is easy to maintain and store
- Easy to fold and unfold
- No cons were observed so far
4. Tip&Top Creation Metal Bed Fram
Tip&Top stainless steel bed frame is a medium-sized bed frame that is designed to be portable. It can be folded when not in use.
The bed frame is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. It is suitable for kids, adults, and guests.
- This bed frame measures 60x30x8cm
- This is a light-weight bed frame that can also be used for hiking, camping etc
- It is made of stainless steel
- The base is made of heavy cotton
- It is easy to fold and store away when not in use
- It is rustproof
- It has a 310 kgs load capacity
- It is portable and suitable for those who shift homes
- It can be easily washed regularly
- No negative points were observed so far
5. AmazonBasics Foldable Steel Bed Frame
AmazonBasics platform steel bed frame has a unique design that is compact and foldable. It has a weight-bearing capacity of 113kg. It is a comfortable single platform bed.
- This bed frame is available in different sizes like twin, twin X-large, full, queen, king, and California king
- It measures 75 by 39 by 14 inches (LxWxH) and weighs 11.9 kgs
- It is a rectangular shaped bed frame with horizontal panels
- It is made of durable steel with a black finish
- There are cross rows of wires that support the mattress
- This is a well-made bed frame that is easy to set up
- No tools are required for the assembly of this bed frame
- The under-bed storage provides around 13 inches of clearance
- This bed frame is foldable and saves space when not in use
- It provides noise-free support
- The iron rods could be made stronger
6. Metallika King Size Metal Bed Frame
Metallika London is an OHSAS 18001-certified brand. Their King-size metal bed frame is made of superior metal quality. It is a good bed frame to go for as it is highly durable.
- This bed frame measures 206cm in length, 189cmin width, and 28cm in height
- The metal is scratch-resistant
- It has multiple metal slats that provide additional support to the mattress
- This bed frame weighs 33 kgs
- This bed frame is easy to move around and dismantle while shifting homes
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- Has a sturdy frame that is built to last
- The headboard and footboard have a simple and attractive design
- There is ample space underneath it to increase the storage area
- The metal rods could be sturdier
1. What is the best material for a bed frame?
Both metal and wooden bed frames have their advantages and disadvantages. For durability, metal frames are the best. They are strong and available in different styles.
2. How do I choose a sturdy bed frame?
It is important to consider the slats of the bed. They should be sturdy and able to withstand the weight. The bed frame should have a sufficient number of slats to increase the weight-bearing capacity.
3. How to make the bed frame last long?
It depends on how often the bed is used. We recommend you invest in a bed frame that has a higher weight-bearing capacity.
Keep the bed frame clean to avoid the attack of bed bugs and mites. Ensure the bed frame has more slats and that the slats are properly placed apart.
4. Which bed frame is suitable for memory foam mattresses?
Memory foam mattresses lose their ability to retain their shape when moisture gets trapped in the foam. This kind of mattress needs a bed frame that has slats rather than a base. Slats improve the airflow below the bed, thus making the mattress last longer.
Choosing the right bed frame will ensure that you are comfortable in your bed for a longer time. While it is important to consider the material of the bed frame, ensure that you also consider the size, design, and accessibility of it.
A combination of wood and metal will give you both longevity and sturdiness. But height and portability also matter. Ultimately, choosing the right bed frame will depend on your purpose and need.
We hope this article will help you decide which bed frame suits you the best. So go ahead and get the bed frame of your dreams that will be your perfect partner for a goodnight’s sleep.