Best Lawn Mowers
Cutting, trimming, or chopping weeds or grasses from gardens or agricultural fields has been an essential agricultural practice that keeps the farmers or landowners busy.
This challenging task of controlling the growth of unwanted weeds or grasses has been made easier with the use of high-tech lawnmowers. These are scientifically designed and come equipped with a motor, a rotating blade, etc. for effortlessly trimming or cutting.
The lawn mowers provide a safe, smooth, and convenient way of maintaining cleanliness in your lawn, garden, or farms.
Many of them have incredible features you should look out for and we will have a thorough look at its working, types of mowers, benefits of using, ways to choose, frequently asked questions, and the top 8 best types of land mower for you.
Top 8 Lawn Mowers in India
|Product (Best Brands)
Durable Metal Body
Best Manual power
Best Electric Power
Best Cheap Land mower
How does it work?
Lawn mowers are one of the most important farm tools and garden tools to have. There are several brands that produce lawn mowers (both the best and average types), but their general function is the same – to trim or graze a weedy garden.
The main components of a lawn mower include; the rotating blade, a motor, a handle, etc. On powering up, the mower should be moved over the area of grass that needs to be cut and the rotating blades will do the job.
Advantages of using a Lawn Mower
Lawn mowers have several advantages for both the user and his environment. They are as follows:
When you make use of a lawn mower, it helps you maintain a degree of cleanliness in your environment. garden, or lawn by getting rid of weeds and unwanted grasses.
Safe and Easy:
Unlike most dangerous crude tools, a lawnmower is very safe because you are not in direct contact with the blades that do the job. It is also easy to use because once it is powered up, all you need to do is move around in a smooth, fashioned direction.
Rather than employing people to clear your garden or house, you can just buy a lawnmower once and do the job yourself. This will help you save money in the long run.
Moving around with the lawn mower makes it a short workout session for you, thus contributing to your fitness.
Calms the Mind
The smell of freshly cut grass is quite therapeutic. You enter a calm state of mind that puts you at peace.
Types of Lawn Mowers
Lawn mowers are widely divided into two classes. The first classification is based on type of blade while the other is based on power.
Each of them has been divided into several kinds with respect to the manufacturer. The two classifications include;
Classification based on type of blade
Cylinder Lawn or Reel Mower
This is a type of mower which is known for having five to twelve rotating blades in the front. The function of these blades is to trap, cut, and rotate the grass.
It does not use electricity to run, but instead uses the rotatory motion of the wheels to spin. The performance of this type of tool depends on the number of blades it has (higher the number of blades results in performance).
However, based on its design, it cannot be used for long cutting of grass and is more suited to small gardens and courtyards. There is no grass collection box in this type of mower.
Rotary Lawn Mower
Rotary lawnmowers are a different type of mower because they only have one blade rotating in a horizontal plane at high speed. This results in continuous cutting of a grass blade until it becomes extremely small.
The rotary mower has its grass box behind with a few integral boxes which makes it different from Reel mowers.
Classification based on Power
These mowers run on a power source instead of a mechanical energy source like the rotation of the wheels. Generally, there are two types which include; the corded and cordless mower.
The corded mower makes use of an extension cord which will be connected to an external power source, and the cordless mower makes use of lithium batteries which is rechargeable without a cord.
These mowers are the most powerful mowers of all as they run on gas. It may be costly but can do the job very efficiently.
These types of lawn mowers are those that make use of lithium-ion batteries in order for them to work. The number of batteries they use determines how effective they are. These batteries are replaceable over time when their power becomes exhausted.
This lawn mower uses the mechanical rotation of wheels to spin the cutting blades. It is important to note that this uses manual power and get exhausting to use for longer periods of time.
They are cheaper than electrically powered mowers and suitable for small gardens and lawns.
What you should consider?
In this buying guide, we will be looking at various factors you should consider before you purchase any of the products that will be reviewed in this article.
User interface and features
The user interface and menu system of the lawnmower should be intuitive. The layout should be simple and clear without too many buttons which can be confusing.
The control panel should have an optimum number of buttons so that the operation is easy and not time-consuming. Ensure that the lawnmower has user-friendly features.
A lawnmower that creates a lot of noise during operation is quite disturbing and distracting. Hence, it is essential to check the noise level of the mower before purchase.
The noise level should be minimum so that you can mow your lawn without disturbing the peace of your neighborhood.
If you have a large courtyard, you should go for mowers that run on electricity as it will make your job easier. If not, a manual powered mower should do just fine.
The various types of lawn mower have been covered in our previous section. Identify your needs and select whatever suits you best.
Number of Blades
Next is the number of blades your machine has. A machine with one high speed blade can do the work of six to ten regular blades. Higher the number of blades, the better the performance of the machine.
A small-size to the mid-size machine is always easy to carry and move around, and its use over a small area. On the other end, a large-size machine is ideal for heavy duty jobs and for covering large areas.
This is another factor you should look at because it determines the ease in which you can direct and move your machine to the preferred location. Maneuverability is enhanced by the controls or handle which is used to move the device.
Lastly, maintenance is another important thing to consider when picking your preferred product. It should be simple enough to carry out regular maintenance yourself so you do not have to dole out extra money for repairs.
8 Best Lawn Mowers
1. Fiskars StaySharp Max Reel Mower – Our Pick
It is an eco-friendly lawn mower that has a working efficiency of over 70 %. The InertiaDrive reel is an outstanding feature of the device which makes it a top choice on the market.
It has no tank capacity, and it can be used on any garden or lawn, regardless of the size. The cover acts as a shield for debris and offers added protection from the blades.
It has a cutting width of 18 inches and adjustable cutting height from 1 to 4 inches.
- Lightweight body.
- Inset wheels.
- New reversible grass chute.
- Extendable tubes.
- Has a small high-speed slicing or trimming blade.
- Strong and comfortable-to-hold handle.
- Easy to use.
- Material is strong and has good durability.
- Blade trims and also acts as an edger.
- Usable on all kinds of lawn or garden – large or small.
- It can be used to reach tight corners that most other lawnmowers can’t reach.
- It is quite slow to move around which can be tiresome.
2. Falcon Premium Hand Lawn Mower – Best Blades
Falcon offers outstanding value with its Premium 300 mm Hand Lawn Mower that is quite reliable. It is a small-sized and lightweight cylindrical mower with good cutting action. It is a hand machine with two wheels and requires little to no maintenance.
It is well equipped with six fixed blades that can perform 40 cuts per meter. the length of the blades is adjustable to get the desired height of grass.
Since it is lightweight and uses plastic wheels, mowing is very easy and requires little effort. The grass collecting box is made of durable plastic.
- Six 300 mm fixed blades.
- A rotating cylinder.
- A large grass collecting box.
- Two front rubber wheels.
- Lightweight body.
- Ball bearing suspension.
- Adjustable cutting height.
- 3 years warranty period.
- Fine powder-coated handle.
- Can produce fine cuts.
- Well-conditioned and easy to use.
- Bodyweight is small, maneuverable and smooth.
- Made up of durable materials.
- Good disposable box.
- Can do 40 cuts in 1 meter.
- Free from damage and destruction.
- Colorful design.
- No proper instructions for fitting.
3. Sharpex Electric Lawn Mower – Durable Metal Body
Sharpex has created and designed a wide range of innovative tools and equipment under sectors, including gardening, agriculture, industrial, etc. The products from Sharpex come with striking features with multiple functions.
This Sharpex 16-inch blade lawnmower has a powerful motor that ensures superior and efficient performance. It can cut grass heights of 20 mm to 80 mm quickly.
The highly durable metal body mower comes with a grass box and fluorescent cable. Hence, you don’t have to worry about accidentally mowing over the cable.
- Powerful motor: 1800 watts with 2800 RPM.
- Weight of the mower: 25 kg.
- Size of wheels (front and rear): 6 inches.
- Size of blade: 16 inches.
- It comes with a 55-liter grass box and a 100 feet fluorescent cable.
- It has a full metal body.
- It comes with a specialized grinding attachment to sharpen the blades.
- One hundred eighty days warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Ensures convenient disposal as the hard-top grass collector detaches easily.
- Highly durable: the metal body makes it suitable for years of use.
- The powerful motor can mow your lawn quickly and efficiently.
- No negative points were observed so far.
4. Kisan Kraft KK-LMM-450 Manual Lawn Mower – Best Manual power
Kisan Kraft lawn mower is a manual-powered machine designed to do cut grass in no time. It is very lightweight, making it easy to move around.
It has a fine design equipped with an easily foldable frame and its’ easy-to-use strong anti-UV plastic body.
It has a cutting width of 37 cm, a brine tank of 20 liters, and 3 levels of a range between 20 to 55 mm cutting height adjustment.
Being one of the best manual push mowers, it requires a good amount of human effort and a back and forth movement.
- 6 months warranty period.
- Simple but beautiful body.
- 450 Manual power.
- UV-resistant plastic body.
- 3- 20 to 55m cutting height adjustment levels.
- Lightweight body.
- Simple foldable frame.
- Can be carried easily from one place to another.
- Body frame is sturdy.
- Can be used in several directions.
- The plastic body isn’t affected by radiation from the sun.
- Durability could be better.
- Not suitable for a large area of land.
5. Black and Decker Lawn Mower Corded 20 inch – Best Design
Black and Decker is a top brand that produces the best machinery. It delivers top performance and makes use of cable which can be wound around its body.
The cable uses 12 Amps on average. The blade has a width of 20 inches with an area of 2000 mm. It has an easily adjustable cutting height.
However, before this device can be used effectively, it requires a step-down or step-up converter to enhance compatibility with the geographical voltage, i.e. India voltage compatibility (240 Volt AC).
It offers good maneuverability and can be moved to different parts of the lawn or garden without any trouble. The attached handle allows you to keep a firm grip on the machine.
- 12 Amps cable.
- 2000 mm blade.
- 21 kg body weight.
- Easily adjustable cutting height.
- 4 wheels and rubber tires.
- Cutting height is adjustable.
- Cable is quite long so the machine can be used in several locations.
- Fancy design and color.
- Good maneuverability and control.
- No warranty period.
- Very Expensive.
6. Falcon Electric Rotary Mower – Best Material
Falcon Electric Rotary Lawn Mower is designed for small lawns and gardens because of its size and working area which isn’t too wide.
This machine has a 3500 RPM, a cutting width of 34 cm, and 7 levels of adjustable cutting heights of a range between 20 to 70 mm.
The chassis is made of plastic and the collection bag as seen is made of two materials – plastic and textile. Although, it is a corded machine. it can work on as much as 3000 square feet of work area efficiently.
- Vibrant color.
- 35 liters grass tank capacity
- 7 Levels of adjustable cutting heights between 20 to 70 mm.
- Plastic and textile material for collection bag.
- Ideal for small lawns and gardens.
- Material is very durable and top notch.
- Can hold a lot of weight.
- Several levels of adjustment.
- Bright color and smooth functions.
- It cannot work effectively on a large area.
7. MAAX HIVAC 2400 Electric Lawn Mower – Best Electric Power
MAAX HVAC Lawn Mower is an advanced lawnmower, equipped with the the best features. It is a corded machine with four high impact wheels and rubber tires which are good for movement.
It has fine adjustable cutting heights and 18 inches of steel cutting deck which makes it very useful for heavy operations. It ensures over 60 cuts per meter.
It has a cutting width of 380 mm, and a parted powder-coated pipe handle which enhances maneuverability and movement. The grass collector has seen is made of quality virgin plastic which is highly durable and resistant to damage.
The whole body has a powder coating which makes it resistant to corrosion. It has a warranty period of 6 months.
- 18 inches steel cutting deck.
- Four rubber wheels and tires.
- Lightweight body.
- 2400 W electrical power.
- Ball-bearing suspension.
- Easy adjustable cutting height.
- Fine powder-coated handle.
- Good disposable box.
- Very less maintenance required.
- Can do over 60 cuts in 1 meter.
- Suitable for heavy-duty operations.
- Smooth blades that enable smooth, fresh cuts.
- Can be easily carried from one location to another.
- Vibrates a lot while using.
8. Makita ELM3720 Electric Lawn Mower
Makita ELM3720 is an electric lawn mower that features a D-shaped cutting height adjusting lever. This ensures convenient, effortless, and increased maneuverability.
It is a 2-in-1 electric mower that can be used for both lawn-mowing and grass-collecting purposes. It is a double insulated electric mower that ensures safe and efficient mowing.
This land mower is designed to stay upright so that it can be conveniently cleaned and maintained. It comes with a grass edge guide that provides enhanced edge mowing efficiency. It features an oval-shaped switch lever for better gripping while mowing.
This electric mower is scientifically designed and features a shorter distance between the switch and handle for enhanced operability. You can increase the holding force of the handle holder for improving the handle rigidity.
It comes with an easy-to-push design handle that provides a soft grip and efficient grass collection functionality. With its improved shape of blade and grass collecting passage, it can collect the grass until the grass box is full.
- Cutting Width ? 370 mm (14 – 1/2?) .
- Cutting Height? 20 – 55 mm (13/16? – 2-3/16?).
- Recommended Mowing Area? 500 m²
- Hole Diameter ? 8 mm (5/16?) .
- Vibration Level ? 2.5 m/s² or less.
- Sound Pressure Level ? 83 dB(A).
- Sound Power Level ? 94 dB(A).
- Grass Box Capacity? 40 L; This large capacity grass box does not need to be emptied frequently.
- Number of cutting heights ? 3; These cutting heights range from 20 mm (13/16?) to 55 mm (2-3/16?) so that you can easily manicure your lawn as per your preference.
- It offers edge trimming functionality that enables you to cut weeds or grasses growing close to walls and around obstacles for obtaining optimal cleanliness.
- It comes with a grass level indicator on the top that indicates if the grass box is full and needs to be emptied.
- It has a D-shaped cutting height adjusting lever that provides convenient and efficient mowing.
- It can be easily held by using an overhand grip.
- You can easily adjust its cutting height by using a single operation of the lever.
- It features a smoother front shaped deck that minimizes the resistance of long grass in scenarios where the cutting height is low.
- You can adjust the handle height in 3 levels for smoother and convenient handle height adjustment.
- The length of the extension wire is too small.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is better front or rear-wheel drive lawn mowers?
Front-wheel mowers is a suitable option for flat terrain. It allows you to tip and turns the mower quickly since the wheels are in front. On the other hand, rear-wheel mowers are better for mowing in hilly terrain. It provides more traction at the center of the lawnmower.
2. Are electric lawn mowers any good?
Electric mowers are easier to maintain than gas mowers and are reliable. Moreover, they ensure a quieter operation than most lawnmowers. Hence, these are worth buying.
3. Corded or cordless mower, which is preferable?
Corded mowers use power from the the socket, but are restricted by the length of the cord. Cordless mowers provide more freedom but the batteries need to be recharged. Considering these pros and cons, go for which you feel is the best for your needs.
4. How long can a mower last?
With regular maintenance of a good lawn mower from a reputed company, it should easily last 5-10 years.
A lawn mower is a great tool that helps you with smart, easy, and efficient agricultural practices. It maintains the beauty of your land and boosts your productivity. It saves costs by reducing the labor needs and ensures the timely completion of your agricultural tasks.
The lawn mowers come in various types and you need to give a hard thought about choosing the best one that suits your needs. Our Buyer’s guide and detailed reviews help you to narrow down your options and make a smart buying decision within no time.
More Buyer Guides and Reviews