Top Indoor Plants in India
Home decor is not complete without indoor plants. Adding plants to your home space instantly makes the area livelier, brightens up, and make sit look more elegant
With plenty of indoor plants available, it might be confusing for you to choose the right one. continue reading the article to know the best indoor plants that are easiest to grow in Indian weather.
In this review, we will be going into details of indoor plants, different types, why people should consider buying these beautiful indoor plants, factors to check while buying, frequently asked questions, and lastly top 8 indoor plants available in the market that you can consider to include on the different portions of your home.
Top 8 Best Indoor Plants in India
Easy To Maintain
Easy to Set-up
3-Way Air Cleansing Action
Distinct Moonstone Shape
Complete Package of Various Designs
What are indoor plants?
Most of us are more acquainted with the plants that can be observed outside our houses because it is more common. However, aside from those plants, some plants can be grown inside our houses or offices.
They are called “indoor plants” or indoor house plants. These are known to brighten up the home and, at the same time provide a positive aura as well as fresher air.
These plants can withstand extreme temperatures and are built to survive indoors. This is the main reason why they are perfect to be placed inside the house or office. You can water these plants twice a week, and they also prefer indirect sunlight. Check out plant protection sprays that will help you make the plant survive for a long time.
Why Should You Buy Indoor Plants?
Plants that are located inside your house will give you cleaner air. When you choose the best indoor plants for clean air, you can find yourself breathing pure air indoors.
Improves concentration and memory
Plants are known to release anti-stress energy which provides a positive aura that results in better focus. This will then result in enhanced memory.
For better sleep
Indoor plants are known to provide a positive effect on the human body, which results in a relaxed mind and body. This will lead to improved sleep and a fresh mind.
For cold relief
As we all know, plants filter the toxins in the air, which helps us to breathe better. Whenever we have a cold, it will go away quickly if an indoor plant is present in your home as it filters out viruses for quick healing.
Brighten up your space
If your house looks boring then purchase an indoor plant. It not only provides a natural look but it will make your space livelier and give you a positive feeling.
If you have no idea what kind of gift to give your loved ones and friends? Purchase ready-made indoor plants and give it to them, they will appreciate it!
Different Types of Indoor Plants
This type of plant is one of the most common indoor plants that people keep inside their houses. As bamboo plants are known to provide good luck and abundance, which is greatly believed by the oriental people.
This is probably the most popular indoor plant in the world. It is derived from a Sino-Japanese word, which is an art that lets people create miniature trees on a small container.
As we all know, we usually find cactus in areas that have arid climate such as a desert. It is known to withstand an extremely dry temperature and that is why it is a maintenance-free indoor plant.
These plants are normally thick and fleshy, and among the different kinds of indoor plants, this one is the trickiest to grow. Just like the cactus plants, it has the ability to retain water, and thus lives in arid conditions.
A collection of different plants that are known to withstand extreme dry weather. This is because they originated in arid and tropical regions such as deserts and forests. This plant is also known to grow from the leaves.
It is a well-known indoor plant that possesses the attributes of having a little arched and slim leaves. These plants prefer a slightly humid temperature to survive.
Things to look for when buying Indoor Plants
When you are buying a ready-made indoor plant that already has a container, check if it is durable. Also, check if the plant is healthy.
Always check if the plant has sufficient space to grow out because a plant pot that is too small can cause nutrition deficiency.
The plants will not be able to grow properly in a congested pot and thus you need to ensure it has enough space to grow and thus a pot should be large.
Before you buy the indoor plants, check how often you need to water them. Some plants need you to water them every day while some require watering weekly. You can find different types of plant watering equipment online that you can purchase to water your plants.
Different plants have different needs when it comes to humidity; some need low humidity, and others require high. It is very important to check this factor to ensure that your plant will stay healthy at all times.
Not all plants are the same as they live in different climatic conditions. Some plants live in a wet climate, others can live in a tropical climate, and a few are suitable in arid climates.
Ensure that the plants that you will buy are suitable for the type of climate that you are living in.
Pets and children
Before you purchase an indoor plant, check if it can be kept around children and pets. This is because some plants can cause irritation to children’s skin.
Some indoor plants already have a free pot included and always go for this option. Check out the other important garden accessories here.
Ensure that the indoor plant fits perfectly in your house. It is undesirable to have a tall plant in a house that has a limited floor space.
Type of plant
Always check which plant will be best suited for your house. You can consider several factors, such as sunlight, humidity, space available in the house, etc.
1. Root Bridges Indoor Green Money Plant – Easy To Maintain
NASA places this money plant as one of the top three houseplants that are capable of removing pollutants from the air. This light-weight and a portable potted plant that belongs to the family of Araceae can be placed anywhere at your home.
The glossy green leaves of the plant brightens up the room. Moreover, it is effortless to maintain, it can survive even in low sunlight.
- Dimensions of the potted plant: 8 X 8 X 10.
- Common names of the plant: money plant, Devil’s Ivy, Hunter’s Robe, Silver Vine, Solomon islands Ivy, Taro Vine, and Ivy Arum.
- Comes in a round plastic pot having a size of 3.5″.
- Has to be watered twice a week.
- Requires to be fed liquid fertilizer once in two weeks.
- The plant has large, glossy green heart-shaped leaves.
- It requires indirect, curtain filtered, or bright filtered sunlight.
- The medium of growth: Coco Peat.
- Requires minimum maintenance, making it ideal for beginners.
- Improves indoor air quality by removing carbon monoxide and formaldehyde.
- The plant grows quickly to ensure a colorful leaf display in the room.
- The pot is small and you may have to shift the plant to a bigger pot in a few months.
2. Ugaoo Snake Plant –
One of the most common indoor plants is the snake plant. This one from Ugaoo is a good option to consider, specifically because it comes in a self-watering pot.
Also, if you are looking for an air-purifying plant, then the snake plant is the best option to consider.
- The plant comes in a self-watering pot, which means there is a water reservoir at the bottom for the self-watering mechanism
- The total height of the plant with pot is 6 to 12 inches
- It comes with a special soil mix that has 6 months of slow release fertilizer for the healthy growth of the plant
- This plant is ideal to be kept in a living room or bedroom in a place that has sufficient indirect sunlight
- The leaves have green variegation with yellow margins
- Low maintenance plant which requires watering only once a week
- Purifies the air around the plant
- The plant comes in colourful pots
- No negative points were observed so far
3. Zaavic 2 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant -Easy to Set-up
In the oriental world, bamboo is used by many as a lucky charm. There is no harm in believing them right? So if you want to bring some luck and style to your home, then Zaavic 2 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant with Glass Bowl is a must-buy!
- Fengshui element – it is said that this plant can bring you luck and happiness.
- It is easy to grow and that is why you will not have a hard time waiting for it to be full-grown.
- Material – natural plants, round glass pot, and colored jelly balls (non-toxic)
- This plant can grow well in minimum sunlight.
- The plant is very affordable.
- It comes with colorful jelly balls which makes it look more attractive.
- This bamboo plant is water-dependent, and the water beneath them remains stagnant, which can attract mosquitoes.
4. 6-year-old Bonsai Plant – 3-Way Air Cleansing Action
Other than bonsai’s air-cleansing feature, it is proven that when you put a bonsai inside of your house, it will attract positive energy as well. So if you want to have a more positive atmosphere inside your house then putting up a bonsai is the right thing to do.
- This bonsai needs very less maintenance and minimal supervision.
- It aids in cleansing the air by removing the toxins such as formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.
- Can grow on multiple locations such as indoors, close to a sunny window, or outdoors year-round in warmer climates
- The plant is very affordable and at the same time does not compromise its quality.
- It comes with a pot, which makes it very easy to use.
- It has a unique pot design that will surely add some awesomeness inside your home.
- The pot is fragile.
5. CAPPL Lotus Bamboo Live Plants – DIY Experience
If you want a unique experience of a DIY plant, then this one is a great option to go with. This means that it does not come with a pot and thus you can plant it in whichever pot you want.
- The height of the plant is 50 cm
- This package includes – 3 Bamboo Sticks (Without Glass Container)
- It is said that bamboo can bring abundant success which is based on an old Fengshui teaching
- You can enjoy planting the bamboo plant in a planter of your choice
- It is very easy to take care of because it does not require you to water it regularly or expose it to sunlight daily.
6. Pegasus Flora Succulent Live Plant – Distinct Moonstone Shape
If you wish to have a uniquely shaped succulent plant inside your home, then this one is a good option to consider.
This plant has a unique moonstone design that will definitely catch the attention of your guests!
- It is a natural live plant with pot
- Plant with Pot Height is 6 to 12 inches
- It comes with a name tag and care instruction card
- This plant has a unique design that will surely add some wow factor to your home.
- It will cleanse the air inside your house, which will result in healthier lungs for you and your family.
- It comes at an affordable price tag
- No negative points were observed so far.
7. CAPPL Small Exotic Succulents – Complete Package of Various Designs
If you are looking for a succulent set, then this one is a great buy. It comes with five different types of succulents. These already come potted and are low maintenance plants.
- Package contains – 5 live succulents with a small plastic pot
- Plant with pot height – 5 to 10 centimeters
- Low maintenance – these plants are known to withstand extreme weather conditions such as dryness. That is why even you do not water it regularly; it will still maintain its good condition.
- These succulent plants already come potted so you can directly open the package and place it wherever you want.
- The succulents help in purifying the air.
- The plants are very small in size.
8. Rolling Nature Cereus Monster Cactus Plant – Anti-Radiation Feature
If you think that cactus plants can only be found in the desert, then you are probably wrong. Simply because you can keep it in your house as an ornamental design in a bonsai form inside a pot.
So it is a good idea to buy one, and one of the best indoor cactus plants out there is the Rolling Nature Cereus Monster Cactus Plant which is truly worth buying! This is one of the Small indoor plants that accentuates the essence of your house.
- The package include – natural live plant & high-quality ceramic pot,
- Pot Diameter – 3 inches (8 cm)
- Height – 4 inches (10 cm)
- Plant with Pot Height: 6-8 inches
- Anti-radiation – it absorbs harmful electromagnetic radiations of gadgets.
- In the generation that we currently live in, we are exposed to radiations that are caused by gadgets. And with the help of this plant, those radiations are filtered out to spare us from the harmful effects of it.
- The plant comes with an affordable price tag.
- It has a simple yet elegant design that will add up to the style of your house.
- It already has a pot included in the package that is why once you bought you can use it right away.
- The cacti is a little bit small compared to the size of its pot.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the easiest houseplant to take care of?
The plants which do not require much watering or sunlight daily are easy to take care of. Let us take a look at some of the examples of such plants:
2. What is the fastest-growing houseplant?
The spider plant is said to be one of the fastest-growing houseplants in the world. It can grow up to 3 feet. A few other plants that grow fast are Snake Plant, Aloe Vera, Money Plant, Jade Plant, etc.
3. What are the benefits of having a house plant?
Houseplants not only enhance the overall look of your home, but it also removes harmful pollutants from the air.
Hence, the air we breathe in is fresh, clean, and it also has a soothing fragrance. These plants also help in boosting our concentration and energy while the aromatic effect relaxes the mind for better sleep.
4. Are indoor plants safe in all sorts of weather conditions?
Yes, for most of the indoor plants. However, there is an exemption to the rule because when it comes to succulents and cacti, their exposure to water must be limited.
5. Do indoor plants need sunlight?
Indoor plants survive with limited sun exposure; that is why it is unnecessary to put it in direct sunlight.
That is why putting it on a window will already be enough for it to stay healthy. The Indoor plants are low light plants that keep growing even in limited light.
6. What qualities make for a good indoor plant?
The plant must have healthy leaves that are supple and vibrant in color. Avoid plants that have brittle and dry leaves as well as an indication of a yellowish or brownish color on its leaves.
7. How do you look after indoor plants?
Different plants require various needs, but most of the indoor plants that we know only need to be watered 2 to 3 times a week. They can live with minimal sunlight; that is why less supervision is required.
8. Do indoor plants need direct sunlight exposure?
Not really because they can survive with minimal sunlight exposure. Always keep in mind that these indoor plants are only small in size; that is why an extended exposure to UV rays can dry them up.
9. Do I need to trim the leaves of a bonsai plant for maintenance?
Although bonsai plants are miniature plants and will not grow into a full-sized tree.
However, its leaves will still be growing that is why if you want your bonsai to be in shape then you can trim it if you think that the leaves are long and not proportionate enough.
10. If I put one indoor plant in our house, will it be sufficient enough to clean the air of our whole house?
If your main purpose is to have fresher air inside your house then instead of putting one indoor plant, consider putting multiple indoor plants in different parts of your house for better results.
11. Is it safe to put an indoor plant in your dining area or kitchen?
We do not see any problems with putting it in your dining area or kitchen. Make sure you do not touch the soil or the plant before you eat without washing your hands.
We hope to have helped you get as much information as required before purchasing an indoor plant. There are many types available, and thus make sure to check out the list and the details, to make an informed decision.
If we were to pick a few then it would be – Root Bridges Money Plant, Ugaao Snake Plant, and Zaavic Bamboo Plant.