Top Indoor Plants in India
Putting up a plant inside the vicinity of your house can add up to the elegance and natural ambiance, which is desirable. But most of the time a lot of people does not have any idea on what plant is perfect for their home and which is why sometimes it contrasts the current concept of their home.
Nevertheless, whatever concept your house does have, by putting a plant inside your house you will truly reap a lot of benefits from it. Since the early generations, we are observing that indoor plants are a big part of the interior designs of houses.
These ornamental plants or Indoor house plants provide a lively atmosphere that will give you and your guests some truly memorable experiences.
In this review, we will be going into details of indoor plants, different types, why people should consider buying these beautiful indoor plants, factors to check while buying, frequently asked questions and lastly top 11 indoor plants available in the market that you can consider to include on the different portions of your home.
Top 11 Best Indoor Plants in India
Easy To Maintain
Best Air-Purifying Plants
Easy to Set-up
3-Way Air Cleansing Action
Distinct Moonstone Shape
Complete Package of Various Designs
Complete Set of 4 with Vibrant Colors
What are indoor plants?
Most of us are more acquainted to the plants that can be observed outside our houses because it is more common. However, aside from those plants, some plants are grown inside of our houses or offices. They are called “indoor plants” or Indoor house plants and are known to add up to the home decor and at the same time provide a positive aura and fresher air.
These plants can withstand extreme temperatures and are built to survive indoors. This is the main reason why they are perfect to be placed inside our house or offices as you can water them even twice a week only, and those plants also prefer indirect sunlight. Check out plant protection sprays
Why Should You Buy Indoor Plants?
Plants that are located inside your house will give you a much cleaner air, which will add up to the ambiance of your house. When you choose the best indoor plants for clean air, you can find your home environment getting set automatically.
Improves concentration and memory
Plants are known to release anti-stress energy which provides a positive aura that results in better focus which will result in enhanced memory
By placing a plant inside your house will not just make your house have an ambiance of nature, but it will also get rid of the pollution inside your home.
For better sleep
Indoor plants are known to provide a good aromatic effect on the human body, which results in a relaxed mind and body. This will lead to improved sleep and a fresh mind.
For cold relief
As we all know, plants filter the toxins in the air, which helps us to breathe better. Whenever we have colds, expect that it will diminish very quickly once an indoor plant is present in our home as it filters out viruses for quick healing
The soothing and fragrant smell
The most common indoor plants emit a nice aroma that will make your home smell fresh and fragrant.
For releasing stress
When you have lots of problems that you are facing in your life, which is inevitable. Buy an indoor plant, and it will surely lessen the stress hormones on your body.
If your house looks boring then purchase a plant container and put a plant on it, not only it provides a natural look but it will give you more life and positive feeling.
If you have no idea on what kind of gift will you give to your loved ones and friends? Then purchase ready-made indoor plants and give it to them, they will really appreciate it!
Different Types of Indoor Plants
This type of plant is one of the most common and sought indoor plants that people put inside their houses. As bamboo plants are known to provide good luck and abundance, which is greatly believed by the oriental people.
This is probably the most popular indoor plant in the world. It is derived from a Sino-Japanese word, which is an art that lets people create miniature trees on a small container.
As we all know, we can usually find cactus on areas that have arid climates such as a desert. It is known to withstand an extremely dry temperature that is why by owning it as an indoor plant, it will spare you from any maintenance.
Are normally thick and fleshy plants, and among the different kinds of indoor plants, this one is the trickiest to grow. Just like the cactus plants, it has the ability to retain water, which helps itself to live in arid conditions.
It is a tracheophyte plant and reproduces themselves with spores. They also have a frond, roots, and stems. It is known to have a lot of medicinal use.
A collection of different plants that are known to withstand extremely dry weathers. The explanation for this is that they originated in arid and tropical regions such as deserts and forests. They are also known to grow from the leaves.
Is a well-known indoor plant that possesses the attributes of having a little bit arched and slim leaves that are colored green. These plants prefer a slightly humid temperature.
Things to look for when buying Indoor Plants
When buying a ready-made indoor plant that already has a container, check if it is durable. Also, check the plants itself if it is completely healthy. By doing so, you will have an idea that the product will last long.
Does this specific plant fit my budget? Always check the price of the plant and make sure that it is affordable.
Always check if the plant has proper spacing because a plant pot that is too small can cause deficiency when it comes to nutrition. Just like humans, when placed into a very congested area that has no space to breathe in can cause severe health problems as well as the plants.
Before you buy the indoor plants, check how often you need to water them. Some plants need you to water them every day while some require watering regularly. You also find different types of plant watering equipment online that you can purchase to water the plants.
Different plants have different needs when it comes to humidity; some needs low humidity, and others require high. It is very important to check this factor to ensure that your plant will stay healthy at all times.
Not all plants are the same as they live in different types of climates. Some plants live in wet climates, others can live in tropical climates, and others are suitable in arid climates. Ensure that the plants that you will buy are suitable for the type of climate that you are currently into.
Pets and children
Check the plants that you will buy if it is safe for children and pets by seeing to it that they do not irritate human skin and are hypoallergenic.
You must ensure that the indoor plant you are going to buy has a warranty so that if any issues with the item arise, you are protected.
Some indoor plants already have a free pot included and as much as possible always go for that. By doing so, you are sparing yourself of time and effort of setting up your plants. Check out the other important garden accessories here.
Easy to clean
When buying indoor plants, you must make sure that the plant container is easy to clean, especially if you plan to change the plants inside it.
When purchasing an indoor plant, see to it that all the parts are right there so that in the end you will not regret buying it.
Size and weight
Ensure that the indoor plant fits perfectly in your house. It is undesirable to have a very big plant in a house that has a limited floor space.
Type of plant
Always check what’s the best plant will best fit your home. You can consider several factors, such as the concept of your home, weather, and floor area of your house.
Make sure that the indoor plant that you will go to buy is free from harmful chemicals as you do not want to impose a risk on the health of you and your family
1. Root Bridges Indoor Green Money Plant – Easy To Maintain
NASA places this money plant as one of the top three houseplants that are capable of removing pollutants from the air. The light-weight and portable potted plant that belongs to the family of Araceae can be placed anywhere at your home. The glossy green and yellow leaves of the plant enhances the colorful display of the rooms. Moreover, it is effortless to maintain, even in low and in-sufficient sunlight.
- Dimensions of the potted plant: 8? X 8? X 10?.
- Common names of the plant: money plant, Devil’s Ivy, Hunter’s Robe, Silver Vine, Solomon islands Ivy, Taro Vine, and Ivy Arum.
- The plant belongs to the Aracae family.
- Comes in a round plastic pot having a size of 3.5”.
- Has to be watered twice a week.
- Requires to be fed liquid fertilizer once in two weeks.
- The plant has large, glossy green and yellow heart-shaped leaves.
- It requires indirect, curtain filtered, or bright filtered sunlight.
- The medium of growth: Coco Peat.
- Requires deficient maintenance making it ideal for beginners.
- Improves indoor air quality by removing carbon monoxide and formaldehyde.
- The plant grows quickly to ensure a colorful leaf display to the room.
- Quality of the pot could be better
2. Nurturing Green Snake plants with pots – Best Air-Purifying Plants
This is a combination of 3 air-purifying Sanserviera plants, also known as the snake plant. The dual-colored, long and tapered leaves of these plants form a foliage design which enhances your home decor.
Each of these plants come in a black light-weight pot, allowing you to move it around your home as per your preference. They also absorb indoor gases like xylene, benzene, and formaldehyde so that you breathe in clean and fresh air.
- It is a combo of 3 potted Sanserviera Snake Plants.
- Each plant comes in a black pot made of polyresin.
- Size of each of the potted plant varies between 7-10 inches approximately.
- The pots have an outer diameter of 4.5 inches and a height of 4 inches.
- The green and yellow-colored leaves are long and tapered forming a sword-like foliage design.
- The medium of growth: coco peat.
- Liquid fertilizers have to be added every 3-6 months.
- The plant should be watered when the coco peat looks dry and light brown in color.
- Requires bright indirect sunlight.
- It purifies the air by absorbing the indoor gases like benzene, xylene, and formaldehyde.
- The color combination of the leaves will enhance your home decor.
- The pot is light-weight, making it easy to move around.
- It comes in durable and reliable packaging.
- No negative points were seen so far.
3. Zaavic 2 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant -Easy to Set-up
In the oriental world, bamboo is said to bring the fortune; that is why it is used by many as a lucky charm. There is no harm in believing them right? So if you want to bring up some luck and style to your home, then Zaavic 2 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant with Glass Bowl and Colored Jelly Balls is a must-try!
- Fengshui element – it is said that this plant can bring you luck and happiness.
- Easy to grow – bamboo is known as a quick-growing plant that is why you will not have a hard time waiting for it to be full-grown.
- Material – natural plants, round glass pot, and colored jelly balls (non-toxic)
- The good thing with this indoor plant is that it will remain healthy even with very limited exposure to sunlight.
- These beautiful indoor plants require low light for full growth.
- This product might give you some luck because it is known as a lucky charm in oriental countries.
- The product is very affordable.
- It is a very great deal already because it has a glass pot included in the package as a freebie.
- We all know that bamboos are water-dependent, and the water beneath them is stagnant, which can attract mosquitoes.
- Some customers witnessed rotting of leaves within a few days of delivery.
4. The Bonsai Plants S Shape Ficus Bonsai Tree – 3-Way Air Cleansing Action
Other than bonsai’s air-cleansing feature, it is proven that when you put a bonsai inside of your house, it will attract positive energy as well. So if you want to have a more satisfying atmosphere inside your house then putting up a bonsai is the best thing to do.
- Time saver – this bonsai needs very less maintenance and minimal supervision.
- Air cleansing action – It aids in cleansing the air by removing the toxins such as formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene.
- Can grow on multiple locations such as indoors, close to a sunny window, or outdoors year-round in warmer climates
- The product is very affordable and at the same time does not compromise its quality.
- It already has a pot that is included in the deal, which makes it very easy to use after you buy it.
- It can filter out a lot of chemicals that will surely leave your home a much better place to live in.
- It has a unique structure design that will surely add some awesomeness inside your home.
- The pot is a little bit fragile.
5. CAPPL Lotus Bamboo Live Plants – DIY Experience
It is very exciting if you will set up your indoor plant, right? Simply because most of the plants right now are sold as a ready-made indoor plant which spares us from the excitement of setting up our indoor plant. Thankfully, CAPPL Lotus Bamboo Live Plants was there to give us the excitement in making our own in the comforts of our own home.
- Height – 50 cm
- Package includes – 3 Sticks (Without Glass Container)
- Good as an indoor plant, places, living room, and office floor
- Lucky charm feature – it is said that bamboo can bring abundant success which is based on an old Fengshui teaching
- You will have the enjoyment of building your own DIY indoor bamboo plants with the help of this product.
- By using this product, you might become lucky because of the luck that the bamboo can bring.
- It is very easy to take care of because it does not require you to water it regularly or expose it to sunlight daily.
- The trunk of this bamboo is pretty thick, which makes it very sturdy that ensures that it will last longer.
- The product is pretty expensive compared to its competitor brands.
- You will need to do everything manually in setting it up.
6. Pegasus Flora Succulent Live Plant – Distinct Moonstone Shape
There is nothing nicer than to have uniquely shaped succulent plants inside your home. Then Pegasus Flora has a treat for you! This latest plant from them has a unique moonstone design that will definitely catch the attention of your guests!
- The material used – a natural live plant with pot
- Quantity – 1 live plant pachyphytum-moonstones
- (Plant with Pot)
- Plant with Pot Height – 6 to 12 inches
- Plant type – succulent
- This plant has a unique design which will surely add some extra wow factor to your home.
- It will cleanse the air inside your house, which will result in healthier lungs for you and your family.
- The product is very affordable, which will surely not hurt your budget.
- This product is very worth it to buy as it already has a pot that is included in the package.
- If you are not a fan of oddly shaped plants, then this will not fit your taste.
7. CAPPL Small Exotic Succulents – Complete Package of Various Designs
Succulents are proven to add up some elegance on our respective homes. It has been used for several years already by homeowners to bring their home a lively look. With CAPPL Succulent Set, you will surely never go wrong as it contains five different designs that you can put up right away inside your house!
- Package contains – 5 live succulents with a small plastic pot
- Plant with pot height – 5 to 10 centimeters
- Low maintenance – these plants are known to withstand extreme weather conditions such as dryness. That is why even you do not water it regularly; it will still maintain its good condition.
- The product is a complete package already; that is why once you buy it the next thing you will do is just to place it in different locations inside your house.
- This product is an effective time and energy saver because it does not require tremendous supervision for it to survive.
- The price is worth it because it is a complete package already.
- These succulent plants will provide a fresher air inside your home, which will give your house better air circulation.
- The plants are very small in size.
8. Rolling Nature Cereus Monster Cactus Plant – Anti-Radiation Feature
If you think that cactus plants can only be found in the desert, then you are probably wrong. Simply because you can put it inside your house as an ornamental design in a bonsai form inside a pot.
So it is a good idea to buy one, and one of the best indoor cactus plants out there is the Rolling Nature Cereus Monster Cactus Plant which is truly worth buying! This is one of the Small indoor plants that accentuates the essence of your house.
- The material used – natural live plant & high-quality ceramic pot,
- Package includes – plant and pot
- Pot Color – White
- Pot Diameter – 3 inches (8 cm)
- Height – 4 inches (10 cm)
- Plant with Pot Height: 6-8 inches
- Anti-radiation – it absorbs harmful electromagnetic radiations of gadgets.
- This product is very worth it once you buy it because it has a handful of benefits in store for you. You will surely get the most out of your money and your health.
- In the generation that we currently live in, we are exposed to radiations that are caused by gadgets. And with the help of this plant, those radiations are filtered out to spare us from the harmful effects of it.
- The product is very affordable, that is why it will surely fit your budget.
- It has a simple yet elegant design that will greatly add up some style on your house.
- It already has a pot included in the package that is why once you bought you can use it right away.
- The cacti itself is a little bit small compared to the size of its pot.
9. CAPPL Moon Small Cactus – Complete Set of 4 with Vibrant Colors
Whenever we are putting anything inside our house as much as possible, we see to it that the color is lively. Simply because we want it to be eye-catchy with CAPPL Moon Small Cactus you will surely never go wrong as it is composed of 4 different bright colors that will bring life to your house.
- Low maintenance plant – this type of plant prefers dry condition, which makes it a perfect plant for people that do not have time to water plants.
- Plant height – 10 to 12 centimeters with pot.
- Package contains – 4 plants with pots
- It comes with a very safe coco peat packaging which ensures that it is protected from any issues that are frequently experienced in shipping.
- The design of this plant is pretty extraordinary as it combines the color dark green and yellow, which is very desirable to look at.
- It will surely fit your budget because the price of this plant is really competitive.
- It is a complete package already that is why you will be spared of the hassle of buying it individually, truly a time and money saver.
- It comes with a pot already that is why it is really a great deal once you buy it.
- The free pot is not that promising because the material is below average. It is understandable as the product is really affordable.
- The size is very small compared to its competitor brands.
10. RookhRaj Garden Cactus Plant – Unique Shape
Most of the time, almost all of the cactus that we know have the same rocket-shaped forms, that are why sometimes it tends to be boring. Thankfully, there is a complete change with this new indoor cactus plant from Raj Garden Plants. This product will surely tickle your imagination and will give a unique design on your home.
- Weight – 1 kilogram
- Colour – multicolor
- Package includes – less than one feet plant in a polybag.
- Unique shape cactus plant – this plant has a different shape that resembles a banana.
- This product will give your home a unique look, which is a positive thing as it imposes a distinction of your house among other houses.
- It cleanses air which helps you and your family to have fresh air to breathe inside your house.
- The product is really affordable, which makes it very desirable to buy.
- You can put it on the different pots as you want because the plant is sold separately.
- You will need to set it up manually because it does not come with a pot container.
11. Pegasus Flora Succulent – Cute Design
If you have the budget and considering to have a cute succulent plant in your home, then this is a great option for you. Pegasus Flora Succulent Live Plant will take your home to the next level of cleaner air and design.
- The material used – a natural live plant with pot.
- Quantity – 1
- Evergreen ornamental succulent with fleshy light green leaves.
- Plant with Pot Height -: 6 – 12 Inches
- Package includes – plant, pot, plant name tag, and care instruction card.
- Plant type – Succulent
- This plant is very easy to maintain as it does not require you to water it daily. You can water it even just twice a week.
- It has a cute design which makes it very enticing to look at.
- It already includes a pot that is why it makes it a very good deal once you buy it.
- This will surely filter the toxins on the air that we are breathing which can prevent health ailments that are related to the respiratory system.
- This product is pretty expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the easiest houseplant to take care of?
The plants which does not require much watering or sunlight daily are easy to take care of. Let us take a look at some of the examples of such plants:
Aloe Vera Plant
2. What is the fastest-growing houseplant?
The spider plant is said to be one of the fastest-growing houseplants in the world. It can grow up to 3 feet. A few other plants that grow fast are Aloe Vera, Money Plant, Jade Plant, etc.
3. What are the benefits of having a house plant?
Houseplants not only enhance the overall look of your home, but it also removes the harmful pollutants from the air. Hence, the air we breathe in is fresh, clean, and has a soothing fragrance. These plants also help in boosting our concentration and energy while the aromatic effect relaxes the mind for better sleep.
4. Are indoor plants safe on all sorts of weather conditions?
Yes for a large number of indoor plants. However, there is an exemption to the rule because when it comes to succulents and cacti, their exposure to water must be limited.
5. Do indoor plants need sunlight?
Indoor plants survive with limited sun exposure; that is why it is unnecessary to put it on direct sunlight. That is why putting it on a window will already be enough for it to stay healthy. The Indoor plants are low light plants that keep growing even in limited light.
6. What qualities make for a good indoor plant?
The plant must have healthy leaves that are supple and vibrant in color. Avoid plants that have brittle and dry leaves as well as an indication of a yellowish or brownish color on its leaves.
7. What is the best plant food for indoor plants?
Fertilizers that have nitrogen and phosphorous is already enough, and they always come handy online and on different various gardening shops in town.
8. How do you look after indoor plants?
Different plants require various needs, but most of the indoor plants that we know only need to be watered 2 to 3 times a week. They also live even with minimal sunlight; that is why less supervision is required.
9. If I will buy an indoor plant online, how can I be sure that it will not die while it is in the process of shipping?
Indoor plants when shipped are labeled as fragile that is why it rarely happens that it takes too long before an indoor plant is shipped. However, if it happens do not worry because if the item that you bought has a warranty, then it is covered by it.
10. If I have an indoor plant, do I need to water it daily?
It depends on the plant, but most of it only requires minimal supervision just like cacti and succulents, which are only required to water twice a week.
11. Do indoor plants need direct sunlight exposure?
Not really because they can survive with minimal sunlight exposure. Always put in mind that these indoor plants are only small in size; that is why an extended exposure to UV rays can dry them up.
12. If I plan to transfer the plant to another pot, will it die?
If you do it properly, probably not, but if you do not have any knowledge regarding it, then you must seek professional help.
13. Do I need to trim the leaves of a bonsai plant as maintenance?
Although bonsai plants are miniature plants and will not grow into a full-sized tree. However, its leaves will still be growing that is why if you want your bonsai’s shape to look most of the time nicely then you can trim it if you think that the leaves are long and not proportionate enough.
14. If I put one piece of indoor plant on our house, will it be sufficient enough to clean the air of our whole house?
If your main purpose is to have a fresher air inside your house then instead of putting one indoor plant, consider putting multiple indoor plants on different parts of your house for better results.
15. Is it safe to put an indoor plant in your dining area or kitchen?
We do not see any problems of putting it on your dining area or kitchen as long as you are hygienic enough not to touch the soil or the plant itself before you eat without washing your hands.
We hope that we have helped you in making your mind on what kind of indoor plant to buy. For us to help you more regarding that subject matter, we will be choosing what’s the best among those beautiful indoor house plants according to their specific categories. So let us start!
For the bamboo plants category, our vote goes to Zaavic 2 Layer Lucky Bamboo Plant with Glass Bowl and Colored Jelly Balls because of its elegance and the luck that it could bring into your home.
Next is for the bonsai category, The Bonsai Plants Delightful Chinese Elm Bonsai Live Plant is the best one for us as it is made of premium materials that will surely make your home fresher and at the same time stylish.
For the cactus category, our heart goes to Lotus Bamboo Live Plants 50 cm because of its vibrant-look that stands out which is truly an eye-catcher.
Last but not the least for the succulent plant category, the best one for us is the CAPPL Small Exotic Succulents Plants because it is a complete set already once you buy it you will not have to worry anymore of buying the pieces individually.