Best Garden Lights
The benefits of morning and evening walks are plenty. Whether you would like to do so for health reasons or simply want to enjoy the pleasures of strolling in the natural surroundings, the garden lights ensure you spend quality time in your garden.
The electric garden lights come in a wide variety of designs. These lights complement the looks of your garden and bathe your garden with illuminating and milky lights.
These lights promise a comfortable stay in your garden during dusk, dawn, or even during late nights.
In this article, you will learn about the solar and electric garden lights, why should you get them, what are the different types of garden lights along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide, FAQs, and a list of the top 7 best garden lights in India.
Top 7 Garden Lights in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
72 Feet Multicolor
Sparkling Golden Color
Unique Curve Look
Unique Torch Design
Solar Lights and Electric Lights
When it comes to the best outdoor wall lights, you have two options to choose from either a solar light or an electric light.
Each of them has similar advantages and disadvantages. It just depends on your preference and need of what to choose between them.
Here is a brief comparison of the two energy sources:
Solar garden lights
This is becoming a common trend for all homeowners as it provides a lot of promising results. This garden light has an integrated mini solar panel inside to charge itself in the daytime.
Here are the following advantages and disadvantages of a solar garden light:
- It is eco-friendly because it just uses the solar power from the sun.
- You can save a lot of money.
- It does not make use of a wire, which gives your garden a more natural and pleasant look.
- It can function even during power outages.
- It is fully automated, making it hassle-free to use.
- Typically lasts longer compared to its electric counterparts.
- If the weather is cloudy, its performance will be affected.
- A little bit expensive compared to electricity-powered ones.
Now you know the advantages and disadvantages of a solar garden light. Let’s now go to the electric garden light.
Electric Garden light
Electric garden lights are a lot cheaper than solar lights. They are bright and do not emit any radiance.
- The price of this is significantly lower compared to the solar ones.
- It illuminates a constant brightness.
- Consumes electricity when you are using it.
- It is not eco-friendly.
- It needs wiring, which can be a cause of accidents and wires all over your garden.
- It is prone to break down due to power surges.
- Has a higher risk of breaking down due to contact with water.
Why should you buy Garden Lights?
- Style– Having garden party lights will surely catch the attention of your guests. These lights illuminate your garden, thus making it accessible at night time.
- Efficiency- Most outdoor LED lights nowadays are easy to install, giving you less time and effort when installing one.
- Eco-Friendly– Most garden lights nowadays are solar-powered, which means they can save you from electric bills.
- Modernization– Having a garden light will make your social status higher.
- Can relieve stress– Having garden lights can bring up your mood, giving you a memorable and desirable experience.
Types of Garden Lights
Garden Spike Lights
- It has a stake where you can punch a hole on the ground to install the garden light.
- This type of garden light is ideal for walkways, gardens, porch, etc.
- It emphasizes certain objects in the garden, like statues.
- Commonly seen at garden borders.
- These garden lights provide people with a clear walkway at night so that walking through the area will be truly safe.
Hanging Garden Lights
- Usually found on garden trees.
- Gives a sparkling effect to your garden.
- It requires loops and hooks to install.
- This is the most common garden light you can see in everyone’s house garden.
Outdoor Lantern String Lights
- It is the traditional garden lights commonly used before electronic lights came.
- It is manually operated, requires a flame or candle to function
- This garden light will give a vintage look to your garden.
- An outstanding garden light, especially on special occasions.
Things to look for when buying Garden Lights
- Good materials- Ensure the materials used in making the garden lights are high quality so that it will surely last long.
- Durability– You must ensure that the garden light will last longer and can endure extended uses.
- Warranty– Ensure that the product has a warranty for you to worry less when there are defects in the product. Some branded garden lights come with a warranty and it is good to buy those.
- Type of Garden Lights- You must have prior knowledge of what type of garden light you’re going to buy. Ensure that it will fit on the surface or the place where you’re going to install your garden lights.
- LED type – Most lights today are made up of LEDs as they save energy consumption.
- The size of the light- You don’t want a very large light if you have a small garden, right? Always ensure that the size of your light is sufficient enough to light the whole garden.
- Easy to clean – You must ensure that the garden lights are easy to clean, making it more efficient.
- Auto switch mode – This will greatly improve the energy efficiency of the unit and at the same will give you peace of mind. This feature allows the item to turn itself on during night time and off during day time.
- Waterproof – Always look for this feature because the item is considered an outdoor item. Expect that it is exposed to water when it rains or when you are watering the plants.
- Overcharging/Discharging protection – This will ensure that the item will be free from any damage because it prevents overcharging and discharging with its powerful mechanism.
- Good illumination – Make sure that the garden light you will buy provides good and sufficient lighting.
- Solar-powered – This will save you a lot of time and electricity when you are using the light.
- Sensing range – Always check if the sensing range or the maximum area that the lights can go to is crucial for effective garden lighting.
- Weatherproof – Outdoor items are mostly exposed to different weather conditions, which makes them prone to deterioration. That is why ensure that the garden light is waterproof to make it endure those kinds of situations.
1. Hardoll 200 LED Decorative Solar Light for Garden – 72 Feet Multicolor
If you want to have a tall solar light for your garden with multiple colors in them, then Hardoll has a treat for you. Its solar outdoor bulb string lights will give your garden a great vibrant look.
- Auto switch – It switches on at night and switches off automatically in the day time, which will also save you a lot of energy
- Easy operation –It only contains two switches: the on/off button and the bi-mode button. All you need to operate this garden light
- Waterproof – This protects your unit from the harmful effects of having contact with any sort of liquid
- Environmental friendly – This garden light does not have any harmful chemicals or radiation that can harm the environment
- Maintenance cost –This product does not require any maintenance
- Its built-in battery is rechargeable through solar energy; it is also replaceable
- Not only can these sets of lights be good at festive seasons, but it can also look great when using on casual days.
- Easy to operate
- The vibrant colors can set up the mood in your home or garden
- It has a charging time of 6 hours to a working time of 8 to 12 hours, which makes the most out of its energy that makes it a good energy-saver
- It has excellent warranty terms that protect you from any issues that may arise in the item if any
- A little bit expensive
2. Redfowl Outdoor Industrial LED Light
Redfowl outdoor industrial light is an eco-friendly, zero-mercury, and cost-effective LED light. It is a made in India product that is hand-assembled by skilled workers. It employs high-quality wires and other parts for delivering high-performance lighting.
It is a highly reliable LED light for gardens. It consumes less power and saves money on electricity bills. It provides an economical alternative for keeping your garden illuminating with high-quality brightness.
- Long-lasting usage – Durable LED light that provides a long-lasting average lifetime of up to 50,000 hours
- Water-Proof Casing – This ultra-bright LED light features a water-proof casing that ensures its safety and optimal functioning even during rains
- Efficient LED Drivers – This LED light comes with a robust and efficient LED driver for providing high levels of brightness
- Warranty- It comes with 2 years warranty from the date of purchase
- Brightness- The total brightness of Redfowl outdoor industrial light is 120 lm/w. This light is powered with ultra-bright 1-watt power LEDs wherein each LED features 120 lumens brightness.
- Design- It comes in cool white color along with a die-cast aluminum casing that ensures excellent heat dissipation for efficient functioning
- Technical Specification – Surge protection > 2kV, THD < 10%, 80% CRI, 0.9 power factor, beam angle of 120 degrees, Input volt – AC 90-285 V and 140 per watt lumens
- It is a zero-maintenance outdoor LED light that provides long-lasting usage
- It provides multiple layers of protection, including input high voltage cut-off protection, output over and under-voltage protection, and output over current and short circuit protection
- This LED street light reduces carbon footprint and thus proves to be an eco-friendly and efficient alternative
- It is prepared from high-quality and reliable LED drivers
- It is an easy-to-replace LED light that can be replaced using readily available drivers
- This garden light features a highly efficient built-in PFC function that reduces the reactive power and improves the efficiency of power supplies
- Its robust protection mechanism comprises over-temperature protection, open circuit protection, and short circuit protection
- No negative points observed so far
3. Quace Solar Powered Garden Lights – Unique Curve Look
For people looking forward to using a premium garden light that can run for extended periods, this is the right one for you. This garden light can run for 12 hours on one charge, which is very amazing.
- Elegant, sleek curve design – This provides a great and elegant look to your garden
- Dimensions – 25 x 25 x 8 centimeters
- Item weight – 1.2 kilograms
- Weatherproof – With this feature, expect that this product can endure extreme wet and hot weather conditions
- 16 Bright LED – This feature provides a maximum lighting experience
- Fast charge feature – It has an upgraded solar panel that makes charging real quick and efficient to sustain long hours of run time.
- This garden lamp is not only suitable for your garden but can also stand out on walkways, yard, deck, fence, etc.
- This product provides the maximum lighting because of its 16 LED lights. This will make your garden vibrant and bright.
- It has a long-range of sensing that can accommodate the whole area of your garden.
- As the product is solar-powered, you can save tons of cash on your electricity bills and helping the environment.
- Its body is made up of high-quality materials, which make it very durable.
- When fully charged, it could last for 12 hours.
- It is easy to install; it is wireless and can stand on its own.
- The price of this product is a little bit steep.
4. Hardoll LED Solar Garden Stake Light – Adorable Design
If you want to have unique lighting in your garden, then Hardoll is the right option for you. Their latest garden light is boasting its butterfly and dragonfly shaped lighting that will surely positively blow your visitors’ minds.
- Built-in Solar Panel – This feature automatically recharges during the day and lights itself on automatically when dark. Its light mode will last for 6 to 8 hours after fully charged
- Color-changing RGB LED lights – Aside from its unique butterfly and dragonfly design it has an interchanging light that will surely add up some spice to your lighting experience.
- The material used – ABS plastic stake and crystal clear acrylic figurines on aluminum poles
- Height – 57 centimeters
- Easy to Install – There is absolutely no wiring or external electricity required
- Solar-powered –This will save you money from electricity bills because the unit gets its energy from the solar light charging
- Flash lights of the shapes of insects with different light colors make your garden beautiful
- Easy to install, the lights are completely wireless and comes with poles which you will just install through your preferred surface
- This product emphasizes your garden when lit at night time
- It automatically charges at day and automatically turns on when it’s dark
- It is solar-powered, making it an energy-saving product
- The charging and the lifespan of the light depend on the sun’s intensity; if the day is cloudy, the lights will not be that bright at night.
5. Quace Solar Garden Light Scene Torch Mashaal Light – Unique Torch Design
In the past, torch lights are the most common light source, and it depicts elegance. However, because of the modern era, it is widely taken away already on the concept of our homes.
Thankfully, Quace brings back good old memories by integrating a torch design on their garden light lines, which will make our garden more desirable to look at, especially at night.
- Easy installation – Installing this garden light is hassle-free and does not require any professional help.
- Materials used – Polycrystalline silicon, which results in a more efficient absorption and conversion of energy.
- Waterproof and weather-resistant – The unit can withstand snow, rain, and heat, long life.
- Multifunctional use -Suitable for patio, balcony, garden landscape, and many more uses.
- It is a solar-powered garden light, but what makes it unique from the other products. It is fast charging
- It automatically lights up at night, which does not require manual switching
- It’s bright yellow light makes it perfect for your garden, giving it a classic stylish look
- You can adjust its installation height based on your own preference
- It is very affordable, making it a great starter garden light for your garden
- The lights’ brightness and lifespan depend on the sun’s intensity.
6. Quace Solar Powered Flame Hanging Decorative Atmosphere Lamp – Abstract Design
Do you love to watch movies, more specifically, romantic and horror movies? Have you noticed the astonishing garden lights that can usually be seen in such movies? Then most probably yes, in one point in time we have come across these stylish garden lights.
- Solar lights outdoor parameter – Solar panels: polycrystalline 2v 0.72W
- Battery capacity – AA 1.2V 1500mah
- Light source – 75 pieces LED
- Charging time – 4-6 hours and
- Working time – 8-10 hours
- Dusk to dawn solar flame lights – Built-in photocell sensor, it won’t light up under bright ambient, press the button down, it will get charged during daytime and turn on automatically at night. Its warm, charming flickering lighting resembles the flame.
- Easy to install solar torch lights – It does not need any wires. You need to hook it anywhere you want to, such as trees, roofs, gates, etc.
- Waterproof and durable solar lanterns – The waterproof rank is IP55, which can withstand all kinds of weather, which results in better durability and performance.
- It has a medieval-like design making your garden look enchanted
- Its light is flickering, making it look like there is a flame inside the lanterns
- The product is very easy to install; just find a spot in your garden where you feel like hanging
- It is waterproof, which lets it withstand rain and any other kinds of liquids
- It is made of ABS material, making it a rustproof product. It won’t accumulate rust and become fragile under extreme heat.
- It does not charge automatically at day; you need to press a button for it to charge
7. Quace 7 LED Dark Sensing Solar Garden Lights – Color Alteration
If you want a garden light that displays multiple colors, this Quace garden light is an ideal fit. With its various colors, it will surely enhance the look of your garden.
- Multiple uses – Can be used as lighting to trees, walls, statues, pools, walkways, doors, fencing, flags, lawns, driveway, pathways, plants, and many more.
- Multiple gradient selections – You can select auto gradient colors or one color to stay on. Red, green, blue, orange, sky-blue, pink, and warm white.
- Weatherproof – These garden lights can be left outside during rain, snow, or severe heat without the risk of getting damaged.
- Easy installation – You will simply stick the unit’s spike into the ground without needing to use tools.
- It is very convenient and hassle-free to install. It comes with a spike, which you will just stamp through the ground without effort.
- It has a good warranty term of 1 year
- It is made from high-quality materials, making it a durable garden light
- It comes in different colors, adding up a vibrant look to your garden
- The battery easily deteriorates with time
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do solar garden lights need the sun to light themselves at night?
There are garden lights that have a built-in solar light in their mechanism. This lets them accumulate solar energy, which they can use to lit themselves at night.
2. Do solar garden lights work?
Yes, they do work not only for decoration but for functionality as well.
Solar garden lights use a small photovoltaic panel, which you can see at the light’s top. It can transform sunlight into a direct current to be used as a primary source of energy.
3. Are solar outdoor lights any good?
Yes! Having solar-powered lights in your garden or yard can keep your vicinity safe from intruders and, at the same time, stylish.
4. What is the lifespan of a regular garden light?
Most of the modern lights nowadays last for almost two years. However, it still depends on the frequency of usage, though.
5. Do garden lights emit radiation?
The most common garden lights have integrated LED lights inside of them, which do not emit any radiation at all.
The garden lights come in beautiful designs for improving your garden’s aesthetics. These lights ensure there is sufficient brightness in your garden, especially during nights.
Your kids can play freely, and you can enjoy walking under these lights. Some garden lights are solar-powered and hence offer an eco-friendly alternative for illuminating your garden.
You can choose between spike, hanging, or lantern garden lights as per your garden set-up and personal preferences. Our top recommendations are Hardoll 200 LED Decorative Solar Light, Redfowl Outdoor Industrial LED Light, and Quace Solar Garden Torch Light.