Best Garden Lights
Remember when you are strolling in your neighborhood and notice those bright and dazzling lights in houses or gardens? Well, definitely after seeing them, you think that what if you get some beautiful looking lights in your own home or garden?
Garden lights are commonly known for their outstanding purpose; they give your garden emphasis, life, and the natural feeling that anyone loves. The chilling atmosphere that your garden provides will be doubled when you add up some garden lights.
In this article, you will learn about the solar and electric garden lights, why should you get it, what are the different types of garden lights along with a comprehensive buyer’s guide, FAQs, and a list of top 8 best garden lights in India.
Top 8 Garden Lights
72 Feet Multicolor
Unique Curve Look
Unique Torch Design
Sparkling Golden Color
Solar Lights and Electric Lights
In the world today that we live in wherein people are already conscious almost about everything. It is more particularly in their consumption of electricity and how to make the environment greener.
When it comes to garden lights, you have two options to choose from either a solar light or an electric light. Each of them has similar advantages and disadvantages; it just depends on your preference and need of what to choose between them.
Here is a brief comparison of the two energy sources:
For solar garden lights
This is becoming a common trend for all homeowners as it provides a lot of promising results. This garden light has an integrated mini solar panel inside of them to charge itself on daytime when the sun is actively present.
Here are the following advantages and disadvantages of a solar garden light:
- It is very eco-friendly because it just uses the solar power from the sun in order for it to function.
- You can save a lot of money from electricity bills.
- It does not make use of a wire, which gives your garden a more natural and pleasant look.
- It can function even there is a situation of a power outage in your area.
- It is fully automated, which makes it very hassle-free to use.
- Typically lasts longer compared to its electric counterparts.
- As we all know, their power sources primarily depend on the sun then if the weather is cloudy expect it that its performance will be affected.
- It is a little bit more expensive compared to electricity-powered ones.
Now you know the advantages and disadvantages of a solar garden light. Let’s now go to the electric garden light.
Electric Garden light
Electric garden lights are those which require electricity for running. They are a lot cheaper than solar lights. They are bright and do not emit any radiance.
- The price of this is significantly lower compared to the solar ones.
- It illuminates a constant brightness of the light.
- It consumes electricity when you are using it.
- It is not eco-friendly which does not promote a greener environment.
- It needs wiring which can be a cause of accidents as well as wires all over your garden is not pleasing to the eye.
- It is prone to break down due to power surges.
- Has a higher risk of breaking down due to contact with water.
Why should you buy Garden Lights?
- Style– having garden lights will surely catch the attention of your guests and other people that will walk pass by your home. Lights illuminate your garden thus making it accessible at night time.
- Efficiency- most garden lights nowadays are easy to install giving you less time and effort when installing one.
- Eco-Friendly– most garden lights nowadays are solar powered which means they use the sunlight as energy which can save you from electric bills.
- Gift– having a hard time deciding what to give on a family member or friend of yours? Worry no more, if you have the spare money, you can buy a garden light as a gift.
- Modernization– having a garden light in your garden or home will make your social status higher, people will know that you have that money to afford a garden light.
- Can relieve stress– having garden lights can bring up your mood, having the feeling of that warm light right in your garden where you chill is a very memorable and desirable experience.
Types of Garden Lights
Garden Spike Lights
- It has a stake where you can use to punch a hole on the ground to install the garden light.
- This type of garden light is ideal for walkways, gardens, porch, etc.
- It emphasizes certain objects in the garden like statues.
- Commonly seen at garden borders.
- These garden lights provide people with a clear walkway at night so that walking through the area will be truly safe.
Hanging Garden Lights
- Usually found on garden trees.
- Gives a sparkling effect on your garden.
- It requires loops and hooks to install.
- This is the most common garden light you can see in everyone’s house garden.
Lantern Garden Lights
- It is the traditional garden lights that are commonly used before electronic lights came.
- It is manually operated, requires flame or candle to function
- This garden light will give a vintage look to your garden.
- An outstanding garden light especially on special occasions.
Things to look for when buying Garden Lights
- Good materials- make sure that the materials used in making the garden lights are high quality so that it will surely last long.
- Durability– you must ensure that the garden light that you’re going to buy will last longer and can endure extended uses.
- Warranty– this is an important one, before buying, make sure that the product has a warranty for you to worry less when there are defects in the product.
- Type of Garden Lights- you must have prior knowledge on what type of garden light you’re going to buy, make sure that it will fit in the surface or the place where you’re going to install your garden lights.
- LED type – most lights today is made up of LED, make sure that the garden lights that you are going to buy are made up of one as it will save energy consumption as much as possible.
- The size of the light- you don’t want a very large light if you have a small garden right? Always ensure that the size of your light is capable and sufficient enough to light the whole garden.
- Easy to clean – they are often exposed outside the house, you must ensure that the garden lights you are going to buy are easy to clean, making it more efficient.
- Auto switch mode – this will greatly improve the energy efficiency of the unit and at the same will give you peace of mind every time you are using the item. This feature allows the item to turn itself on during night time and off during day time.
- Waterproof – always look for this feature because the item is considered as an outdoor item expect that it is exposed to liquid when it rains or when you are watering the plants.
- Overcharging/Discharging protection – this will ensure that the item will be free from any damage because it prevents overcharging and discharging with its powerful mechanism.
- Good illumination – the reason that we are buying a garden light is to provide good lighting in our garden or backyard. Always make sure that the garden light that you will buy provides good and sufficient lighting.
- Solar-powered – this will save you a lot of time and electricity when you are using the light.
- Sensing range – always check if the sensing range or the maximum area that the lights can go is very crucial for effective garden lighting.
- Weatherproof – outdoor items are mostly exposed to different weather conditions which make it prone to deterioration; that is why ensure that the garden light has a waterproof attribute to make it endure those kinds of situations.
1. Hardoll 200 LED Decorative Solar Light for Garden – 72 Feet Multicolor
If you are aiming to have a tall solar light for your garden with multiple colors in them, then Hardoll has a treat for you. Its solar garden light product will probably push your imaginations to its limit and will give your garden a great vibrant look.
- Auto switch – this feature will give you peace of mind because everything is automated. It switches on at night and switches off automatically in day time which will also save you a lot of energy.
- Easy operation – it only contains two switches which are the on/off button, and the bi-mode button is all you need to operate this garden light.
- Waterproof feature – this protects your unit from the harmful effects of having contact with any sorts of liquid.
- Environmental friendly – this garden light does not have any harmful chemicals or radiation that can harm the environment.
- Maintenance cost – this product does not require any maintenance which will save you a lot of time and money.
- Good warranty terms – 10 days to return if the product is found defective and a full refund will be issued to you.
- Its built-in battery is rechargeable through solar energy which means it can last long when charged from the day up to the afternoon; its battery is also replaceable.
- Not only can these sets of lights be good at festive seasons it can also look great when using in casual days.
- Easy to operate, provided by two switches, one for on and off, and one for the light modes.
- The vibrant colors can set up the mood in your home or garden, attracts the attention of anyone who’ll see your solar lights!
- It has a charging time of 6 hours to a working time of 8 to 12 hours which makes the most out of its energy that makes it a good energy-saver.
- It has very good warranty terms that protect you from any issues that may arise in the item if any.
- A little bit expensive, but is understandable because it is solar powered
2. Quace Solar Powered Garden Lights – Unique Curve Look
For people that are looking forward to using a premium garden light with a sleek design that can run for extended periods of time then this is the right one for you. This garden light can run for 12 hours in one charge which is very amazing.
- Elegant sleek curve design – this provides a great and elegant look to your garden.
- Dimensions – 25 x 25 x 8 centimeters
- Item weight – 1.2 kilograms
- Weatherproof – with this feature expect that this product can endure extreme wet and hot weather conditions.
- 16 Bright LED – this feature provides a maximum lighting experience
- Fast charge feature – it has an upgraded solar panel that makes charging real quick and efficient to sustain long hours of run time.
- This garden lamp is not only suitable for your garden but can also stand out on walkways, yard, deck, fence and etc.
- This product provides the maximum lighting that you can ever imagine because of its 16 LED lights that are integrated into them. This will make your garden really vibrant and bright.
- It has a long-range of sensing that can accommodate the whole area of your garden.
- As the product is solar-powered expect that you are saving tons of cash yearly on your electricity bills and at the same time you are helping the environment as well.
- Its body is made up of high-quality materials which make it very durable.
- When fully charged it could last for 12 hours.
- It is easy to install, it is wireless and can stand on its own.
- The price of this product is a little bit steep.
3. Hardoll LED Solar Garden Stake Light – Adorable Design
If you want to have unique lighting in your garden then Hardoll will definitely entice you. Their latest garden light is boasting its butterfly and dragonfly shaped lighting that will surely blow the minds of your visitors in a positive way.
- Built-in Solar Panel – this feature automatically recharges during the day and lights itself on automatically when dark. Its light mode will last for 6 to 8 hours after fully charged.
- Color-changing RGB LED lights – aside from its unique butterfly and dragonfly design it has an interchanging light that will surely add up some spice to your lighting experience.
- The material used – ABS plastic stake and crystal clear acrylic figurines on aluminum poles.
- Height – 57 centimeters
- Easy to Install – there is absolutely no wiring or external electricity required.
- Solar-powered – this will save you a lot of money from electricity bills because the unit gets its energy from the solar light charging.
- Flashes lights with the shapes of insects with different light colors perfectly made for your beautiful garden.
- Easy to install, the lights are completely wireless and comes with poles which you will just punch through your preferred surface.
- This product gives emphasis to your garden when lit at night time.
- It automatically charges at day and automatically turns on when it’s dark already.
- It is solar powered making it an energy-saving product because of this you will have no more worries on the electric bills.
- The charging and the lifespan of the light depends on the sun’s intensity, if the day is cloudy, the lights will be not that bright at night.
4. Quace Solar Garden Light Scene Torch Mashaal Light – Unique Torch Design
In the past, torch lights are the most common source of light and it really depicts elegance. However, because of the modern era, it is widely taken away already on the concept of our homes.
Thankfully, Quace brings back good old memories by integrating a torch design on their garden light lines which will make our garden more desirable to look at especially at night.
- Automatic switch – it switches the light off on the daytime and turns itself on at night time. This will save a lot of time and energy because of this feature.
- Easy installation – installing this garden light is really hassle-free and does not require any professional help.
- Materials used – polycrystalline silicon which results in a more efficient absorption and conversion of energy.
- Waterproof and weather resistant – this feature helps the unit that can withstand snow, rain and heat, long life.
- Multifunctional use -suitable for patio, balcony, garden landscape, and many more uses.
- It is a solar-powered garden light, but what makes it unique than the other products. It is fast charging!
- It automatically lights up at night which does not require manual switching.
- It is a great energy saver because it gets its power from solar energy.
- It’s bright yellow light makes it perfect for your garden, giving it a classic stylish look.
- This product can withstand various weathers because it is waterproof.
- You can adjust its installation height based on your own preference.
- It is very affordable, making it a great starter garden light for your garden.
- The lights’ brightness and lifespan depend on the Suns’ intensity.
5. Hardoll Solar Lights for Outdoor Home Garden – Flower Design
There is a large number of people particularly women that love floral design and it is really evident as a lot of households all over the world have a floral concept on their homes. With this Hardoll Solar Lights, your garden will surely be more lively and elegant.
- Materials used – transparent acrylic flowers and stainless steel pole.
- Multicolored changing RGB LED – this will provide variation which will add up an extra dazzle on the lights that this garden light is producing.
- Multifunctional – perfect for decorating your outdoor such as garden, path, lawn, and backyard. It makes your garden like a fairy tale and increases your outdoor party atmosphere.
- Designs available – dandelion, lily, sunflower.
- Automatic charging – this will give you peace of mind every time you will use this item because it turns itself on in the evening and off in the morning.
- Easy installation – just stamp this item into the lawn, no wire or external electricity required.
- Multifunctional – suitable for garden, trees, flowers, flowerbed, fence, walkway and patio landscape decoration
- Charging time – it needs to be charged up to 4-6 hours in sunlight and Run time – 6-10 hours when full of energy.
- It comes with different floral designs that will make your garden look enchanted at night.
- It charges on its own at the day and automatically lights up in the night.
- The product is very easy to install, just find the surface in your garden where you desire to put it and then punch it through.
- These solar garden lights are waterproof which makes it resistant to rain.
- It comes with a 6 months warranty which gives you the peace of mind that you have a supreme buyer’s protection at all times.
- Its brightness depends on the charging time and the sun’s intensity.
6. Hardoll 30 LED Decorative Bubble Crystal Ball Solar Light – Sparkling Golden Color
From time to time we would want to unleash our creative side as well as our being young at heart. Putting up some colorful lantern-shaped garden lights on our garden will let us reminisce about our childhood when we are playing in the garden along with our childhood friends.
- Wood hanger feature – it let you place the garden light securely without having a hard time finding a location for you to place it.
- Colorful design – these wonderful and vibrant colors will give your garden a funky look which is surely a head-turner for people that will see it.
- High-quality material – This product is made from high-quality materials making it very durable and long-lasting.
- These set of lanterns will give a funky and stylish look on your garden and home.
- It makes a perfect gift for your relatives and friends.
- It is very easy to install because it comes with a wood hanger where you can hang the lanterns.
- It is suitable to place almost anywhere at your home or garden which makes it very multifunctional.
- It is manually operated.
- It is expensive, but understandable because of the materials used to make.
7. Quace Solar Powered Flame Hanging Decorative Atmosphere Lamp – Abstract Design
Do you love to watch movies more specifically romantic and horror movies? Have you noticed the astonishing garden lights that can be usually seen there? Then most probably yes in one point in time we have come across these stylish garden lights.
- Solar lights outdoor parameter – solar panels: polycrystalline 2v 0.72W
- Battery capacity – AA 1.2V 1500mah
- Light source – 75 pieces LED
- Charging time – 4-6 hours and Working time – 8-10 hours
- Dusk to dawn solar flame lights – built-in photocell sensor, it won’t light up under bright ambient, press the button down, it will get charged during daytime and turn on automatically at night. Its warm charming flickering lighting resembles the flame.
- Easy to install solar torch lights – it does not need any wires you just need to hook it anywhere you want to such as trees, roof, gate, and etc.
- Waterproof and durable solar lanterns – the waterproof rank is ip55, that can withstand all kinds of weather which results in better durability and performance.
- It has a medieval-like design making your garden look enchanted.
- Its light is flickering making it look like there is a flame inside the lanterns.
- The product is very easy to install, just find a spot in your garden where you feel like hanging it, then you can eventually enjoy the view.
- It automatically turns on at night, giving your garden a bright nice look.
- It is waterproof which lets it withstand rain and any other kinds of liquids.
- It is made of ABS material making it a rustproof product. It won’t accumulate rust and become fragile under extreme heat.
- It does not charge automatically at day, you need to press a button for it to charge.
- The product is not affordable.
8. Quace 7 LED Dark Sensing Solar Garden Lights – Color Alteration
If you want a garden light that uses multiple colors that will light up your garden this Quace garden light will greatly bring your boring garden to life. With its various colors at hand, it will surely rejuvenate the look of your garden.
- Multiple uses – can be used as lighting to trees, walls, statues, pools, walkways, doors, fencing, flags, lawns, driveway, pathways, plants, and many more.
- Multiple gradient selections – you can select auto gradient colors or one color to stay on. Red and green and blue and orange and sky-blue and pink and warm white.
- Extra-large solar panel – this results in 8 to 12 hours of light outdoor, solar lights can adjust the light angle to illuminate the perfect spot and adjust the solar panel angle for optimum sun exposure
- Weatherproof – this garden lights can be left outside during rain, snow, or severe heat without risk of getting damaged.
- Easy installation – you will just simply stick the unit’s spike into the ground and without having the need to use tools.
- Warranty – 10-days money back guarantee if the item is found defective.
- It is very convenient and hassle-free to install, it comes with a spike which you will just stamp through the ground without effort.
- It has a good warranty term of 1 year and can be refunded within 10 days if there is a major issue with the item.
- These garden lights are heatproof and waterproof which can endure any types of weather.
- It is made from high-quality materials making it a durable garden light which will give you a peace of mind that the product will last really long.
- It comes with different colors, adding up a vibrant look on your garden
- The battery easily deteriorates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do solar garden lights need sun for them to lit themselves at night?
There are garden lights that have a built-in solar light in their mechanism that lets them accumulate solar energy which they can use to lit themselves at night.
2. Do solar garden lights work?
Yes they do work not only for decoration but for functionality as well. Solar garden lights use a small photovoltaic panel which you can see at the top of the light; it can transform sunlight to direct current so that it can be used as a primary source of energy.
3. Are solar outdoor lights any good?
Yes! Having solar-powered lights in your garden or yard can keep your vicinity safe from intruders and at the same time stylish.
4. What is the lifespan of the normal garden light?
Most of the natural modern lights nowadays last for almost two years. However, it still depends on the frequency of usage though.
5. Do garden lights emit radiation?
Right now, the most common garden lights have integrated LED lights inside of them which does not emit any radiation at all.
That was a great journey! I hope that you have made up your mind with our garden light recommendations. To help you more with the decision on what to buy we will break it down to you on what is the best garden light according to us