11 Best Gaming Mouse
When it comes to PC or gaming, you need to get yourself the best gaming mouse, and never compromise on it at all. A gamer at heart knows that even though a normal mouse can do the job as well, what you need is more than that: a gaming mouse.
For a gaming enthusiast, a standard working mouse is not enough. To have an edge in competitive games and an overall better gaming experience, a specialized wireless gaming mouse is needed, that offers more functionality than a standard mouse.
A cool gaming mouse not only looks good and improves the aesthetic of your set up, but also helps you perform better. Such a mouse can have features like multiple extra buttons, variable sensitivities, and an ergonomic design that helps boost your performance.
There a lot of factors you need to take into account before making a purchase. Thankfully, there are many gaming mouse brands that cater to your different needs.
To help you get the best mouse for your gaming journey, we’ve thoroughly researched and selected the top 11 best gaming mice you can ever find in the Indian market today.
You’ll also get to know the different types of gaming mice and also widen your scope on the things you need to look out for when going for one. In the end, you will also find a few frequently asked questions.
Top 11 Best Gaming Mouse
Best mouse for professional gamers
Best Affordable Gaming Mouse
Easy to click feature
Best Durability Feature
Best Easy to Use Mouse
Fastest gaming mouse
Best Mouse for FPS Gaming
Excellent cable quality
Best Gaming Mouse for Beginners
Best Ergonomic Features
Types of Gaming Mouse
If you are equipped with all the necessary equipment like a gaming laptop, gaming keyboard and gaming headphones, why compromise on a good gaming mouse? Here is a list of the different variants available.
All-Purpose Gaming Mouse
These mice come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and are designed to handle all genres of gaming.
An all-purpose mouse exists as a go-to mouse for different games, and the best thing is that you can get one at any budget. The only downside of an all-purpose mouse is that it doesn’t offer specialized control.
An FPS mouse is solely designed for first-person shooter games. It allows you to change DPI at the click of a button, to adjust for the gun you are using.
This mouse will enable you to play competitively with such buttons. It also has high sensitivity.
An MMO mouse comes with a wide array of buttons, more than the FPS model.
It is designed for complex and immediate responses and thus, the best mouse when it comes to skill rotation and communication.
With this mouse, you get the chance to manipulate the controls with just a flick of a finger. You can also assign different functions to different buttons with your gaming settings.
Real-Time Strategy (RTS) Mouse
If you are looking for a basic but effective gaming mouse, try a real-time strategy mouse. It is accurately optimized for performance.
It has lighter control buttons when compared to other types.
This mouse is the real deal for any gamer out there. You can not find a better mouse for any competitive player if not this.
It is not only eye-catching but also durable. It can perform the functions of any other mouse and is suitable for all genres.
Consider the following factors before purchasing a wireless gaming mouse;
Number of buttons
The number of buttons a gaming mouse has matters a lot.
Multiple buttons give a gamer a higher level of ease in taking actions, help in saving time, which can make the difference between victory and loss.
Regular mice come with only the left, right, and a scroll button while a gaming mouse comes with multiple buttons. The more buttons, the better.
Dots per inch(DPI) or Count per inch(CPI)
Dots per inch dictates the sensitivity and response of your mouse in relation to physical movement.
To increase the accuracy of your game, a greater DPI helps a great deal. The higher the DPI, the faster and more sensitive is the movement of the cursor.
Laser or optical sensor
Whether to get a mouse with a laser or optical sensor will solely depend on your preference.
Both sensors have plenty to offer for gaming, from surface compatibility to DPI sensitivity. Laser sensors provide more accurate and higher DPI than optical ones.
With a laser sensor, you can also achieve faster acceleration and better surface control. They are comparatively higher in price than optical sensors.
Wired or Wireless
A wireless gaming mouse is not only comfortable to use when gaming but also durable.
The only downside is that they come at a higher price when compared to the wired ones but are totally worth every extra penny that you spend. They also have a slightly longer response time than wired mouses.
When gaming, it is essential to have a comfortable grip and control over the mouse. There are three types of grips-
Palm grip style is where your entire hand comes into contact with the mouse. Here, most movements come from the arm, giving you a high endurance to your palm and hand.
It also gives you a better grip allowing you to move the mouse over a large area.
If you are a palm gripper, using an ergonomic mouse with a high arc towards the palm is a great and better option.
A mouse with a tip grip is ideal for complex controls.
Only the tips of your right, index middle fingers get to rest on the left, right, and wheel of the mouse. The rest of the palm doesn’t touch the body of the mouse, like in the palm grip.
A claw grip mouse is known to make precise and quick movements.
It has only six points of contact where the hand base acts as a focal point while the fingers grip the front of the mouse. If you have a claw palm grip, go for a mouse with a high profile and a long body.
Choice to customize
When going for a gaming mouse, always look out for one that allows you to tailor it according to your needs.
It should enable you to adjust the DPI to your liking, save a game profile, and also save the settings you made to the mouse.
Acceleration is the speed at which the cursor moves in proportion to the speed the mouse is moved.
The lower the acceleration, the more control you get over the cursor and vice versa. Most mice come with standard acceleration.
Polling rate simply indicates the number of times a mouse reports its position to the computer, per second.
Higher the rate, the higher the sensitivity. The polling rate is measured in Hz. So if a mouse has a 1000 Hz polling rate, it means that it reports its position every 1 millisecond.
Programmable buttons are buttons that a gamer can change as needed. Suppose a keyboard key is far to reach to perform an in-game action, you can program it to one of the mouse buttons.
List off distance
A list of distance is an important feature to consider, especially if you normally play with a low DPI.
A mouse with a low lift-off distance stops tracking immediately after picking it off the surface. One with a high lift-off distance will still move the cursor a few millimeters off the surface.
Although lighting on a mouse isn’t that important, you might still need to consider it when purchasing one.
Almost every gaming mouse comes with attractive LED/RGB lighting adding to the overall aesthetic satisfaction so you can customize your setup.
The weight of a gaming mouse is also a vital factor to put into consideration when going for one. You do not want to get a mouse that is too heavy for comfort as this may slow you down.
No one would ever want to spend their hard-earned money on an item that lasts for only a short time when they expect it to last long.
You need to be extra careful when selecting a gaming mouse to ensure that you get one that will accompany you in the long run. Look out for one that is made from quality ABS material.
By getting a gaming mouse that comes with a warranty, you’ll be saving yourself from worries that come with the doubts of its functionality. A more extended warranty period tells you that the item you got is most likely of high quality.
When going for a gaming mouse, you also have to think about the accessories that you’ll need. These include:
Most mice don’t function properly on reflective or slippery surfaces. You need to invest in a quality rubbed mouse pad.
If using a wireless mouse, you’ll need to get a mouse bungee as it will help declutter your desk. It also keeps the cables from getting worn out and scraped as well
1. Logitech 502 Hero Gaming Mouse – Our Pick
This gaming mouse from Logitech will take your gaming to a whole new level.
It comes with a high-performance Hero 16k sensor. The sensor has up to 16000 DPI for the ultimate accuracy, gaming speed, and responsiveness across the entire DPI range.
Its buttons have a metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges that help you to get a crisp, clean click feed and with rapid click feedback. The mouse is compatible with Windows 7 or later and also macOS 10.11 or later.
- Has 11 customizable buttons with onboard memory and gives you the chance to assign custom commands.
- You can save up to five ready-to-play profiles.
- Has an adjustable weight system for personalized weight and balanced tuning.
- Comes with a programmable 2GB lightning and LIGHTSYNC Technology that enables you to customize lighting from nearly 26.8 million colors
- Excellent overall design and feel.
- Ergonomic claw and finger grip.
- Thick, long and flexible cord.
- No negative points observed so far.
2. Dragonwar Emera ELE-G11 Gaming Mouse – Best mouse for professional gamer
This gaming mouse from Dragonwar comes with an adjustable DPI:800/1200/2000/3200. It also has six control buttons, a feature that makes it possible for you to enjoy a lot of games out there.
It is equipped with pinpoint precision so you can aim exactly where you want. It has an exclusive blue-sensor technology that takes your gaming experience to a whole new level.
It comes in an ergonomic design for professional as well as beginner gamers and a gold-plated USB connector.
It is compatible with Windows XP and above and comes with a 1.8m long braided cable. The best thing about the mouse is that you can use it on any surface without any performance issues.
- Comes with six control buttons.
- Has an ergonomic design that makes it easy for you to use.
- Compatible with Windows XP and above.
- Has a gold-plated USB connector.
- Nice and sturdy build quality
- Comes at an affordable price
- Works on almost all surfaces
- Has a braided cable
- A little big for gamers with small hands.
3. Ant Esports GM270W Gaming Mouse
This gaming mouse from Ant Esports has a unique shape that supports the whole hand without compromising your grip on the mouse. The multicolor LED light is customizable, offering you multiple illumination options.
The mouse features a total of 7 buttons: 3 standard, 2 for DPI, and 2 programmable. The ergonomic design with contour keeps fatigue at bay. It has asking-friendly material so it feels nice when held in the hand.
It has a long braided cable measuring 1.5 m in length. It has a polling rate of 125 Hz. The dimensions of the mouse are: 22.7 x 14.7 x 5.2 cm with a weight of 340 Grams.
- Two dedicated buttons to change DPI, compared to just one in other brands.
- The settings and buttons of the mouse are customizable.
- 4 DPI range: 800, 1200, 2400, 3200.
- It is heavyweight, making it stable for FPS games.
- The clicks are smooth and have nice feedback.
- Thumb buttons are accurately positioned.
- It is hard to click near the edges of the button.
4. Logitech G102 Optical Gaming Mouse – Easy to click feature
This is yet another gaming mouse from Logitech that not only delivers incredible accuracy and consistency but also tracking speed for better control. It has six programmable buttons and comes in a very classic design.
The mouse comes with an adjustable DPI of between 200 to 6000, a feature that makes it highly responsive.
It has an advanced button tensioning system that keeps the left, and right buttons pried to click. This reduces the force needed to click and delivers focus on the experience.
You’ll get a chance to choose from a palette of 16.8 million colors as well as different brightness levels to match your style or environment.
The mouse is compatible with Windows 7 or later, Chrome OSTM and macOS 10.11 or later.
- Has six programmable buttons.
- Comes with an advanced button tensioning system for a better gaming experience.
- Has 16.8 million LED lights to choose from and different brightness levels.
- It has 1800 Hz polling rate.
- Has stunning RGB lighting
- The wire length of the mouse is long enough
- Easy to install and use.
- It is light in weight.
- It is very comfortable to use.
- You can customize every button.
- Wire not braided.
- The plastic material of the mouse not up to the mark.
5. Redragon Gainer Gaming Mouse – Best Durability Feature
This gaming mouse from Redragon is not only durable but also easy to use. The LED-backlit gaming mouse comes with a DPI of up to 3200 adjustable between 1000, 1600, 2400, and 3200.
It has a high precision optical sensor where the option of the chosen DPI level indicated by the color of the scroll wheel. Thanks to its balanced foot height, enlarged feet surface and optimal place, the mouse glides excellently making things a lot easier for you.
The shape and placement of the scroll wheel are optimized for simultaneous movements of the index finger from the left button and the wheel.
- Comes with six programmable buttons that include two customizable thumb buttons.
- Has a widened scroll wheel with a ribbed protector that makes the mouse easy to control.
- It ensures excellent gliding.
- Comes with a DPI of up to 3200 that is user adjustable to 1000/1600/2400/3200.
- It has a high durability cord, and its cursor speed can be adjusted in any of the mouse keys.
- Perfect Teflon cable and inbuilt tie.
- Has tactile and clicky keys.
- Unique button texture.
- Great build quality.
- It is cost-effective, durable, and easy to use.
- Too big for small hands
- A little heavy compared to other options
6. Redgear A-20 Gaming Mouse – Best Easy to Use Mouse
This mouse from Redgear comes with seven programmable buttons while offering maximum personalization with its software as well. It has an easy-to-control DPI and RGB preference according to your game and gaming set up.
You can enjoy gaming for long hours without fatigue. It offers a DPI range of 200 to 4800, enabling you to fulfill all your gaming needs.
- Has an easy to optimize DPI of up to 4800.
- Has a 1.8m long braided cable.
- Ergonomically designed for all grip styles.
- Has a long cord of 1.8m.
- Comes will cool lighting effects and color customization options.
- Easy to use with any grip style.
- The build quality is amazing
- The software is good.
- Design is ergonomic.
- A little heavy.
7. Xmate Rio Wired USB Gaming Mouse – Fastest gaming mouse
This mouse comes with three adjustable DPI speed switch that enables you to control the speed more easily and freely. It is equipped with six buttons including the left button, right button, back forward, DPI buttons and the scroll wheel. With it, all your gaming demands will be met.
It comes with seven multicolor that light greatly to match your style, provide you a fancy gaming environment and also help highlight your gaming atmosphere. It is ergonomically designed to fit under your palm perfectly and is also made of skin-friendly material.
It has a rubber finish with plate-mounted mechanical keys and a switch that stands up to your tough gaming needs.
It is compatible with macOS, Windows 7,8,10, and XP. It also comes with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Made of ABS plastic and has a leather collar, all of which make it very durable and long-lasting.
- Has seven multicolors that help highlight your gaming atmosphere.
- Has three adaptable DPI speed switch,800/1200/1600.
- Comes in an ergonomic design and therefore easy to use.
- Superb built quality.
- Smooth and fastest for gaming.
- Easy to use and control.
- Comes with a year’s warranty.
- It provides comfort for long gaming hours.
- It is aesthetically appealing and provides value for money.
- You can not customize the lighting as per your choice.
- The length of the cable is short.
8. HP M150 Wired Gaming Mouse – Best Mouse for FPS Gaming
HP is a renowned brand, and getting a mouse from them means that you’ll be getting the best. The mouse is specially designed for FPS gaming and moves with ease with or without a mouse pad for precise optical tracking.
It comes with big side buttons that are easy to press and a scroll wheel for fast and precise tracking. It will enable you to navigate through your work effortlessly. It is compatible with gaming consoles, laptops, gaming box, Windows 7,8,8.1,10, and Mac 10.3.
- Has a resolution of 1000 and 16000 DPI
- Has a high-end optical engine for precise targeting
- Specially designed for FPS gaming
- Comes with side buttons that are easy to use
- Impressive response rate.
- Moves smoothly and comfortably with or without a mouse pad.
- Has durable switches.
- Comes with a long cable.
- Ideal for beginners
- Loud mouse clicks.
- Wobbly DPI switch buttons.
9. Zebronics Zeb Feather Optical USB Gaming Mouse – Excellent cable quality
If you are looking for a mouse that will give a comfortable and smooth gaming experience, give this mouse from Zebronics a try.
It comes with a 3000 gaming DPI that makes everything easy for you. You can change the DPI at any time with the DPI switch.
It comes in an ergonomic design with six responsive buttons for the left and right buttons, forward and backward buttons, a scroll center, and a DPI switch. These buttons make it easy and comfortable for you to enjoy your game for long hours.
The mouse also comes with a free mouse pad which has a surface of 294 x 214mm. The surface has a consistent texture for optical accuracy. It has a 1.83 meters long cable that makes gaming extremely comfortable for you.
Toggle from the range of 1000,1600,22oo to 3200 DPI with ease and precision using this mouse. It is compatible with Windows 7,8,10, Vista, and MacOS x 10.5 or higher.
- Light and stylish with all the features that gamers love.
- Has a 3000 DPI gaming sensor for a comfortable gaming experience.
- Comes with a mouse pad which has an anti-skid bottom
- Has a DPI range of 1000/1600/2200/3200.
- Has highly responsive buttons.
- Has a rubber coating for excellent grip.
- Works on most surfaces.
- Excellent cable quality.
- Longer in length and thus a little difficult to hold.
10. Lenovo Gaming Mouse – Best Gaming Mouse for Beginners
This mouse is designed for beginners and amateur gamers. It not only comes in a comfortable design but also at an affordable price without compromising its functionality and performance.
It comes with five buttons with a DPI of up to 2400. The DPI has four levels giving you a chance to adjust to your choice and game demands. It also comes with seven colors circulating-backlight and a long braided cable to enhance comfort.
The mouse is ergonomic and e easy to set up without complicated software. Everything about it is customizable while the DPI settings bring extensive variation in gaming.
- Affordable but uncompromised in performance and quality.
- Comes in a comfortable design making it easy to use.
- Has a DPI of up to 2400 with four adjustable levels.
- Features a five-button design.
- Everything is customizable.
- Excellent performance and functionality.
- Comes in a comfortable design.
- Narrow grip.
11. Artis AR-Falcon Optical Gaming Mouse – Best Ergonomic Features
This gaming mouse is extremely comfortable and has an ergonomic design. It fits well in the palm of the gamer’s hand you can enjoy gaming for long hours without fatigue.
It comes with a four-set programmable DPI:1000/1600/2400/3200 and six programmable keys. It also comes with surface rubber oil and laser carving that make it easy for you to use. It has an optical sensor that highly contributes to its excellent performance.
- Fits snugly on the palm of your hand.
- Comes with a changing LED light.
- Comes with a four-set programmable DPI.
- Has six programmable keys.
- Has a long braided cable.
- Made of quality material thus durable.
- Comfortable and easy to use.
- DPI functions great.
- Can’t personalize colors.
- Doesn’t offer lower DPI’s.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many buttons should a gaming mouse have?
A typical mouse should have at least three buttons: the left, right, and middle one. A gaming mouse should have atleast two extra buttons for better gameplay.
2. Are MMO mice worth purchasing?
MMO mice are quite long-lasting and retain performance even after prolonged usage. Although some come at high prices, they are worth going for.
3. Must I have a gaming mouse?
Yes, if you are a serious gamer. Since most PC games rely on a mouse, ensure that you get the best and the most accurate gaming mouse you can get.
The best come with the option of switching between multiple DPI settings. The settings not only enable the mouse to move faster but also to maintain accuracy and precision.
4. When should I replace a gaming mouse?
If you get a quality gaming mouse, it should last for at least two years of full-time gaming before replacement. You are also free to replace the mouse if it gets damaged or becomes defective.
5. What is the work of side buttons on a mouse?
Side buttons on a mouse help a great deal as you can program them to do anything. By default, the left-thumb button can help you to go back on a webpage.
6. Can I use a normal mouse for gaming?
While it can be used for gaming, you are restricted to three standard buttons and a lower performance. Whether a beginner or an elite, you’ll need a gaming mouse if looking forward to enjoying gaming.
A gaming mouse is an important part of your set up so you have the right devices to boost gaming performance. While it does not increase your skill, it does give you the potential to do so. With easier gameplay and reduced fatigue, you are bound to improve.
All the mouse on the list work great, and we hope that the list helps you to solve your mice buying problem. We also hope that you get one that compliments your play style.