11 Best Gaming Mouse
When it comes to PC or laptop gaming, you need to get yourself the best gaming mouse, gaming keyboard, gaming headphones and never compromise on it at all. A gamer at heart knows that even though a normal mouse can do the job as well, what you need is more than that: a gaming mouse.
Selecting a gaming mouse is, however not that easy as there are lots of gaming mice from different brands in the market today. To get the mouse of your choice, you also need to compare the features, designs, and price as well.
The best wireless gaming mouse will help you to enjoy immersive single-player adventures and hone your skills as well. It should, therefore, come in a weight that feels great in hand, have a quality sensor and good CPI rating, and also have function control buttons.
It should offer ergonomic grips and intricate software packages. The mouse should also be sturdy and made from quality materials for durability.
To help you get the best mouse for your gaming journey, we’ve thoroughly researched and selected the top ten best gaming mice you can ever find in the Indian Market today. You’ll also get to know the different types of gaming mice and also widen your scope on the things you need to look out for when going for one. In the end, you will also find a few frequently asked questions.
Top 11 Best Gaming Mouse
Best mouse for professional gamers
Easy to click feature
Best Durability Feature
Best Easy to Use Mouse
Fastest gaming mouse
Best Mouse for FPS Gaming
Excellent cable quality
Best Affordable Gaming Mouse
Best Gaming Mouse for Beginners
Best Ergonomic Features
Types of Gaming Mouse
All-Purpose Gaming Mouse
These mice come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors and are designed to handle both First Person Shooter(FPS) and Massively Multiplayer Online(MMO) games. They mostly suit gaming genres, likes adventure and action.
An all-purpose mouse exists as a go-to mouse for different games, and the best thing is that you can get one at any budget, whether in a tight one or not. The only downside of an all-purpose mouse is that it doesn’t offer specialized control.
An FPS mouse comes solely designed for first-person shooter games like Rainbow Six and Call of Duty. It comes with specific buttons, such as the sniper button that allows you to line up difficult shots against your enemies. This mouse will enable you to play competitively with such buttons.
An MMO mouse comes with a wide array of buttons, more than the FPS model. It is designed for complex and immediate responses and thus, the best mouse when it comes to skill rotation, communication, and defense.
With this mouse, you get the chance to manipulate the controls with just a flick of a finger. You can also assign different functions to different buttons with your gaming settings.
Real-Time Strategy (RTS) Mouse
If looking for a basic but effective gaming mouse, try a real-time strategy mouse. It is accurately optimized for performance. It is in simple terms, an all-purpose mouse with better control on buttons and light in weight too. It has lighter control buttons as well when compared to other types.
This mouse is the real deal for any gamer out there. You can never find a better mouse for any competitive player if not this. It is not only eye-catching but also durable and allows you the chance to tune each button control based on your preferences finely.
With this mouse, you can also alter the feel and look of each button control per your style
Consider the following factors before purchasing a gaming mouse;
Number of buttons
The number of buttons a gaming mouse has matters a lot. Multiple buttons give a gamer a higher level of ease in taking actions, help in saving time which can make the difference between victory and loss. Regular mice come with only the left, right, and scroll button while a gaming laptop comes with multiple buttons. The more buttons, the better.
Dots per inch(DPI) or Count per inch(CPI)
Dots per inch relates to how good the mouse you intend to purchase response to the physical environment. To increase the accuracy of your game, a greater DPI helps a great deal. The higher the DPI, the faster and more sensitive is the movement of the cursor.
Laser or optical sensor
Whether to get a mouse with a laser or optical sensor will solely depend on your preference. Both sensors have plenty to offer for gaming, starting from surface compatibility to DPI sensitivity. Laser sensors provide more accurate and higher DPI than the optical ones.
With a laser sensor, you can also achieve faster acceleration and better surface control. They are, however, comparatively higher in price than optical sensors.
Wired or Wireless
Wireless mice are not only comfortable to use when gaming but also durable. The only downside is that they come at a higher price when compared to the wired ones. If you like gaming the traditional way and are comfortable sitting for long hours, a wired gaming mouse will suit you best.
When gaming, it is essential to have a comfortable grip and control over the mouse. There are three types of grips-
- Palm grip
Palm grip style is where your entire hand comes into contact with the mouse. Here, most movements come from the arm, giving you a high endurance to your palm and hand. It also gives you a better grip allowing you to move the mouse over a large area.
If you are a palm gripper, using an ergonomic mouse with a high arc towards the palm is a great and better option.
- Tip grip
A mouse with a tip grip is ideal for complex controls. Only the tips of your right, index middle fingers get to rest on the left, right, and wheel of the mouse. The rest of the palm doesn’t touch the body of the mouse, like in the palm grip.
- Claw grip
A claw grip mouse is known to make precise and quick movements. It has only six points of contact where the hand base acts as a focal point while the fingers grip the front of the mouse. If you have a claw palm grip, go for a mouse with a high profile and a long body.
Choice to customize
When going for a gaming mouse, always look out for one that comes with options that allow you to tailor it according to your needs. It should enable you to adjust the DPI to your liking, save a game profile, and also save the settings you made to the mouse.
Acceleration is simply the speed at which the cursor moves in proportion to the speed the mouse is moved. The lower the acceleration, the more the control you get over the cursor and vice versa. Most mice come with standard acceleration.
You need to consider the polling rate of the gaming mouse you have in mind since it’s the response of the cursor with respect to the actions of the mouse. The mouse registers actions more often with a higher polling rate enabling you to get better gaming experience.
Polling rate is measured in Hz.
Programmable buttons are buttons that a gamer can change in accordance with their skills. When playing on an international platform with amateur players, these buttons come in handy. The buttons let you use your mouse with almost every game out there.
List off distance
List of distance is an important feature to consider, especially if you normally play with a low DPI. A mouse with a low lift-off distance stops tracking immediately after picking it off the surface. One with a high lift-off distance will still move the cursor a few millimeters off the surface.
Although lighting on a mouse isn’t that important, you might still need to consider it when purchasing one. Almost every gaming mouse comes with attractive LED/RGB lighting adding to the overall aesthetic satisfaction. The light helps to keep the gaming profile unique.
The weight of a gaming mouse is also a vital factor to put into consideration when going for one. You do not want to get a mouse that is too heavy for comfort as this may slow you down if you can get a mouse that offers customization of weight, the better.
No one would ever want to spend their hard-earned money on an item that lasts for only a short time when they expect it to last long. You, therefore, need to be extra careful when selecting a gaming mouse to ensure that you get one that will accompany you in the long run. Look out for one that is made from quality ABS material.
By getting a gaming mouse that comes with a warranty, you’ll be saving yourself from worries that come with the doubts of its functionality. Ensure that you get one that comes with the most extended warranty period. The longer the period, the lesser the risk. A more extended warranty period tells you that the item you got is most likely of high quality.
Gaming mice come with different price tags to suit different individuals operating on different budgets. You, therefore, don’t have to strain yourself trying to get one that comes at a price higher than you can afford when you can get one at a lower price. Always go after what you can comfortably afford without compromising on quality.
When going for a gaming mouse, you also have to think about the accessories that you’ll need. These include;
- Mouse pad
Most mice don’t function properly on reflective or slippery surfaces. You, therefore, need to invest in a quality rubbed mouse pad.
- Mouse bungee
If using a wireless mouse, you’ll need to get a mouse bungee as it will help declutter your desk. It also keeps the cables from getting worn out and scraped as well
1. Logitech 502 Hero Gaming Mouse – Our Pick
First on the list is this gaming mouse from Logitech that will take your gaming to a whole new level. It comes with a high-performance Hero 16k sensor. The sensor has up to 16000 DPI for the ultimate accuracy, gaming speed, and responsiveness across the entire DPI range.
Its buttons have metal spring tensioning system and pivot hinges that help you to get a crisp, clean click feed and with rapid click feedback.
The mouse is compatible with Windows 7 or later and also macOS 10.11 or later.
- Comes with a high-performance 16k sensor
- Has 11 customizable buttons on onboard memory and gives you the chance to assign custom commands and save up to five ready to play profiles directly.
- Has an adjustable weight system for personalized weight and balanced tuning.
- Comes with a programmable 2GB lightning and LIGHTSYNC Technology that enables you to customize lighting from nearly 26.8 million colors
- Excellent overall design and feel
- Ergonomic claw and finger grip
- Thick, long and flexible cord
- Totally worth the money
- No such cons were observed
2. Dragonwar Emera ELE-G11 Gaming Mouse – Best mouse for professional gamer
Last on the list comes to this gaming mouse from Dragonwar which comes with an adjustable DPI:800/1200/2000/3200. It also has six control buttons like most mice on the list, a feature that makes it possible for you to enjoy a lot of games out there.
It is equipped with pinpoint precision, a feature that helps you to easily isolate your target by using the laser beams to attain the highest scores in a game. It is also equipped with the exclusive blue-sensor technology that takes your gaming experience to a whole new level.
It comes in an ergonomic design for professional as well as beginner gamers and a gold-plated USB connector. It is compatible with Windows XP and above and comes with a 1.8m long braided cable. The best thing about the mouse is that you can use it on any surface without any performance issues.
- Comes with six control buttons
- Has an ergonomic design that makes it easy for you to use
- Compatible with Windows XP and above
- Has a gold-plated USB connector
- Nice and sturdy build quality
- Comes at an affordable price
- Works on almost all surfaces
- Has a braided cable
- A little bigger for gamers with small hands
- Performance not up to the mark
3. Logitech G102 Optical Gaming Mouse – Easy to click feature
Here comes yet another gaming mouse from Logitech that not only delivers incredible accuracy and consistency but also tracking speed for better control. It has six programmable buttons and comes in a very classic design.
The mouse comes with an adjustable DPI of between 200 to 6000, a feature that makes it highly responsive. It has an advanced button tensioning system that keeps the left, and right buttons pried to click. This reduces the force needed to click and delivers focus on the experience.
The mouse communicates up to 1000 reports per seconds which is eight times faster than standard mice. You’ll get a chance to choose from a palette of 16.8 million colors as well as different brightness levels to match your style or environment.
It has a 2m long cable and 1800 HZ polling rate. The mouse is also highly compatible with Windows 7 or later, Chrome OSTM and macOS 10.11 or later.
- Has six programmable buttons
- Comes with an advanced button tensioning system for a better gaming experience
- Has 16.8 million LED lights to choose from and different brightness levels
- Has 1800 Hz polling rate
- Has stunning RGB lighting
- Its wire length is good enough.
- Highly responsive
- Easy to install and use
- It is light in weight and provides great value for money
- It is very comfortable to use
- You can customize every button.
- Wire not braided
- The material of the plastic not up to the mark
4. Redragon Gainer Gaming Mouse – Best Durability Feature
This gaming mouse from Redragon is not only durable but also easy to use. The LED-backlit gaming mouse comes with a DPI of up to 3200 with user adjustability of 1000,1600,2400 and 3200.
It has a high precision optical sensor where the option of the chosen DPI level indicated by the color of the scroll wheel. Thanks to its balanced foot height, enlarged feet surface and optimal place, the mouse glides excellently making things a lot easier for you.
The shape and place of the scroll wheel can get optimized for simultaneous movements of the index finger from the left button, wheel, back and forth.
- Comes with six programmable buttons that include two customizable thumb buttons
- Has a widened scroll wheel with the ribbed protector that makes the mouse easy to control
- Its specially invented formula ensures excellent gliding.
- Comes with a DPI of up to 3200 that is user adjustable to 1000/1600/2400/3200
- It has a high durability cord, and its cursor speed can be adjusted in any of the mouse keys.
- Perfect Teflon cable and inbuilt tie
- Has tactile and clicky keys
- Unique button texture
- Great build quality
- Fully customized
- It is cost-effective, durable, and easy to use.
- Too big for small hands
- A little heavy
5. Redgear A-20 Gaming Mouse – Best Easy to Use Mouse
This mouse from Redgear comes with seven programmable buttons while offering maximum personalization with its software as well. It has an easy-to-control DPI and RGB preference according to your game and gaming set up.
You can enjoy gaming for long hours without suffering from fatigue. It offers a DPI range of 200 to 4800, enabling you to fulfill all your gaming needs.
- Comes with seven programmable buttons
- Has an easy to optimize DPI of up to 480
- Has a 1.8m long braided cable
- Ergonomically designed for all grip styles
- Has a long cord of 1.8m
- Comes will cool lighting effects and color customization options.
- Easy to use with any grip style
- Built to last
- The software is good
- Design is ergonomic
- A little heavy
6. Xmate Rio Wired USB Gaming Mouse – Fastest gaming mouse
This mouse comes with three adjustable DPI speed switch that enables you to control the speed more easily and freely. It is equipped with six buttons including the left button, right button, back forward, DPI buttons and the scroll wheel. With it, all your gaming demands will be met.
It comes with seven multicolor that light greatly to match your style, provide you a fancy gaming environment and also help highlight your gaming atmosphere. It is ergonomically designed to fit under your palm perfectly and is also made of skin-friendly material.
It has a rubber finish with plate-mounted mechanical keys and a switch that stands up to your tough gaming needs.
It is highly compatible with computers, PCs, macOS, Windows 7,8,10, and XP. It also comes with a one-year warranty from the date of purchase.
- Made of ABS plastic and has a leather collar, all of which make it very durable and long-lasting
- Has seven multicolors that help highlight your gaming atmosphere
- Has three adaptable DPI speed switch,800/1200/1600
- Comes in an ergonomic design and therefore easy to use
- Superb built quality
- Smooth and fastest for gaming
- Easy to use and control
- Comes with a year’s warranty
- It provides comfort for long gaming hours
- It is aesthetically appealing and provides value for money.
- You can not customize the lighting
- The length of the cable is short.
7. HP M150 Wired Gaming Mouse – Best Mouse for FPS Gaming
HP is a renowned brand, and getting a mouse from them means that you’ll be getting the best. This gaming mouse is not only long-lasting but also a dual purpose.
The mouse is specially designed for FPS gaming and moves with ease whether with or without a mouse pad for precise optical tracking.
It is effortless to use and only requires you to plug the long cord it comes with, in your computer’s USB port.
It comes with big side buttons that are easy to press and a scroll wheel for fast and precise tracking. It will enable you to navigate through your work effortlessly. It is compatible with gaming consoles, laptops, gaming box, Windows 7,8,8.1,10, and Mac 10.3.
- Has a resolution of 1000 and 16000 DPI
- Has a high-end optical engine for precise targeting
- Specially designed for FPS gaming
- Comes with side buttons that are easy to use
- Impressive response rate
- Moves comfortably with or without a mouse pad.
- Has durable switches
- Comes with a long cable
- Best for beginner gamers
- Loud mouse clicks
- Wobbly DPI switch buttons
8. Zebronics Zeb Feather Optical USB Gaming Mouse – Excellent cable quality
If looking for a mouse that will give a comfortable and smooth gaming experience, give this mouse from Zebronics a try. It comes with a 3000 gaming DPI that makes everything easy for you. You can change the DPI at any time now that it also has a DPI switch.
It comes in an ergonomic design and with six responsive buttons for the left and right buttons, forward and backward buttons, a scroll center and a DPI switch. These buttons make it easy and comfortable for you to enjoy your game for long hours.
The mouse also comes with a free mouse pad which has a surface of 294 x 214mm. The surface has a consistent texture for optical accuracy. It has a 1.83 meters long cable that makes gaming extremely comfortable for you.
Toggle from the range of 1000,1600,22oo to 3200 DPI with ease and precision using this mouse. It is compatible with Windows 7,8,10, Vista and MacOS x 10.5 or higher.
- Light, stylish and with all the features that gamers love
- Has a 3000 DPI gaming sensor for a comfortable gaming experience
- Comes with a mouse pad which has an anti-skid bottom
- Has a DPI range of 1000/1600/2200/3200
- Has highly responsive buttons
- Has a rubber coating for excellent grip
- Works on most surfaces
- Excellent cable quality
- Longer in length and thus a little difficult to hold
9. VBTEK AIGO Gaming Mouse – Best Affordable Gaming Mouse
This mouse is highly ergonomic and gives great hand feeling making it comfortable for you to use for long hours. The buttons can be programmed by installing software that makes the mouse more intelligent.
It has fancy LED lights and a matte finish that makes it eye-catching. It comes with intricate polish manufacturing processes as well as a meticulous assembly that guarantee the functional reliability for you.
The mouse is highly compatible with Windows 10,8,7, Vista, and XP. It also comes with a six months VBTEK repair and replacement warranty.
- Has four adjustable DPI levels
- Comes with six programmable buttons
- Comes with fancy and cool LED lights
- It is made with high-quality ABS plastic.
- Compatible with Windows 10,8,7, XP and Vista
- The cable is anti-tangle
- Has attractive colors
- Easy to handle
- Ergonomic and thus easy to use
- Perfect build quality
- Nice spiderman theme which makes it very attractive
- A little heavy
- Colors fade with ease
10. Lenovo Gaming Mouse – Best Gaming Mouse for Beginners
This mouse is designed for beginners and amateur gamers and might, therefore, suit you best. It not only comes in a comfortable design but also at an affordable price without compromising its functionality and performance.
It comes with five buttons with a DPI of up to 2400. The DPI has four levels giving you a chance to adjust to your choice and game demands. It also comes with seven colors circulating-backlight and a long braided cable to enhance comfort.
The mouse is ergonomic and easy to use and also easy to set up without complicated software. Everything about it is customizable while the DPI settings bring extensive variation in gaming.
- Affordable but uncompromised in performance and quality
- Comes in a comfortable design making it easy to use
- Has a DPI of up to 2400 with four adjustable levels
- Features a five-button design
- Easy to use for beginners
- Everything is customizable
- Excellent performance and functionality
- Comes in a comfortable design
- Narrow grip
- A little pricey
11. Artis AR-Falcon Optical Gaming Mouse – Best Ergonomic Features
This gaming mouse is extremely comfortable and comes in an ergonomic design. It fits well in the palm of the gamer’s hand, and with it, you’ll have the chance to enjoy gaming for long hours without suffering from fatigue.
It comes with a four-set programmable DPI:1000/1600/2400/3200 and six programmable keys. It also comes with surface rubber oil and laser carving all that help in making it easy for you to use. It has an optical sensor that highly contributes to its excellent performance.
- Fits snugly on the palm of your hand
- Comes with changing LED light
- Comes with four-set programmable DPI
- Has six programmable keys
- Has a long braided cable
- Made of quality material thus durable
- Comfortable and easy to use
- DPI functions great
- Can’t personalize colors
- Doesn’t offer lower DPI’s
- Too big
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many buttons should a gaming mouse have?
A typical gaming mouse should have at least three buttons; the left, right, and the middle one. Some however come with two other buttons on the side that help to navigate web pages. High-end gaming mice come with as many as six buttons or more.
2. Are MMO mice worth purchasing?
MMO mice are quite long-lasting and retain performance even after prolonged usage. Although some come at high prices, they are worth going for.
3. Must I have a gaming mouse?
If a gamer at heart, you really need to have a gaming mouse. Since most PC games rely on a mouse, ensure that you get the best and the most accurate gaming mouse you can get. The best come with the option of switching between multiple DPI settings. The settings not only enable the mouse to move faster but also to maintain accuracy and precision.
4. When should I replace a gaming mouse?
If you get a quality gaming mouse, it should last for at least two years of full-time gaming before replacement. You are also free to replace the mouse if it gets damaged or becomes defective.
5. What is the work of side buttons on a mouse?
Side buttons on a mouse help a great deal as you can program them to do anything. By default, the left-thumb button can also help you to go back on a webpage.
6. Can I use a normal mouse for gaming?
A normal mouse can’t help you much when gaming. It can only help you carry everyday activities. Whether a beginner or an elite, you’ll need a gaming mouse if looking forward to enjoying gaming.
Although getting the best gaming mouse won’t help improve your gaming skills, it will help you get more accurate, precise, and fast. It will also make you playtime enjoyable and comfy at the same time. A gaming mouse will also enable you to enjoy gaming for a long time without suffering from fatigue.
Our top three gaming mice in this list include; Logitech 502 Hero Gaming Mouseranked in the first place, Dragonwar Emera ELE-G11 Gaming Mouse and Redragon Gainer M610 Wired USB Gaming Mouse. All the mouse on the list work great, and we hope that the list helps you to solve your mice buying problem. We also hope that you get one that compliments your play style.