Best Gaming Headphones
Whether you’re a hardcore gamer or simply lover of the random thrill of video games, good sound is necessary for a complete immersive in-game experience. And that’s precisely where gaming headphones come in. And rightly so, with the growth of the gaming industry, there are more than enough choices for gamers like gaming keyboards, gaming laptops, gaming headphones and much more.
With the hundreds or probably thousands of alternatives, how do you know an ideal pick? Well, for starters, it can be a tough gamble filtering down from the sea of options. Almost every manufacturer will promise decent sound only to leave you feeling frustrated once you get the game rolling.
To help you with the selection process, in this article we’ll highlight vital consideration any buyer need to have in mind plus our hand-picked list of products worth checking out. In the end, you will find the FAQs for better understanding.
Top 10 Best Gaming Headphones
Easy to use
Stylish & Trendy
Best Stereo Sound
Ergonomic and Adaptive
Best for Console Gaming
What to Consider When Buying the Best Gaming Headphones
As you might expect, gaming headphones are designed to function optimally on specific platforms. Therefore, depending on the unit you own or intend to use the accessory on, you must find a compatible product to get the best results.
In the market, you’ll find headphones that can work on various gaming units or console say PC’s, Smartphones, PS4, Xbox, and so on. In the same vein, others only support specific platforms. Take a look at the specifications to find the perfect match. Otherwise, you’ll be better off choosing a versatile model that allows flexible use.
Easy to use
Of course, no one wants to have a hard time connecting the headphones before they can begin the game. As such, any self-aware gamer should prefer a headphone that allows them to get started in no time with no complicated setup procedures to maneuver. The components should be easy to fix, volume control accessible and seamless to adjust as the situation demands.
Wired vs. wireless connection
The choice between corded and wireless equipment is perhaps one of the most important decisions you must carefully tread. This is an area of constant debate among gamers, and it all boils down to personal preference after weighing the merits and limits of either option.
Specifically, wired headphones have been around for decades and are preferred for their reliability and hassle-free use. You only need to connect and boom! You are good to go. However, some people find them restrictive since you cannot move away from the gaming device beyond the length of the chord.
To the contrary, wireless alternatives are recent arrivals offering unparalleled freedom of range. They are also considered stylish with modern class. But, signal interference and the need for charge downtime seem to work against their excellence.
It’s a tough balancing act. Whatever the case go for what is likely to fulfill your gaming needs in the most convenient way.
Sound quality (Stereo vs. Surround)
The purity and clarity of sound getting into the ears are by far the critical determinants of the audio experience. And it all boils down to the sound system any given audio accessory is equipped with be it a stereo or surround version. Of course, this sounds technical, but a little research will leave you at an informed standpoint.
Stereo drivers are known for reproducing natural sound considering they subject audio to very minimal processing. On the other hand, surround systems produce sound in 3D meaning they are more likely to give you all the sound details with more clarity from different angles.
Cup design (Closed vs. Open-back)
Deciding between closed and open-back ear cup design is another hurdle you need to think of beforehand. Usually, the closed design is reliable in helping isolate background noise. On the flipside, open-back is known to deliver the best natural sound and boast of better comfort because they allow air circulation.
An ideal product should have the ability to limit noise or disruptions around the background. It helps gamers concentrate and thoroughly enjoy every sound dimension. Usually, an external mic with noise-canceling functionality comes handy in this case.
The best way to reap your money’s worth is by acquiring a product that will serve your needs for a long time to come.
While many will look at this from the price angle, sometimes the price may not be a fair representation. A look at the material of the headband, ear cups and muffs, and cables should help you make a sound judgment. Overall, a durable product should have a decent build quality that can endure typical use wear and tear.
Fit and Comfort
Whether you are a professional who spends hours playing or hobbyist spares only a few hours, it pays to ensure the device is tolerable on your head and ears.
To this end, a good pick should feature soft, breathable ear cup, skin-friendly and easily adjustable headband, and shouldn’t exert pressure on the temple.
A lightweight build also comes in handy to guarantee comfort even after many hours into the game. That way, you can keep your performance always on a high.
Beyond the basic features, a good headset should offer a little extra to boost the user experience. Think of spare parts for replacement in case of malfunction or breakdown. Also, it should come with all the necessary supporting accessories such as audio patch cord.
Gaming headphones are available in different price ranges. And so in your quest for what satisfies your desires, you need to factor in the cost. In most cases, the higher the price, the more features a product may have but again not always. If you have budget research what is offered at the range should help you reach the perfect price and quality balance.
10 Gaming Headphones – Top Picks
1. Redgear Cosmo Gaming Headphone – Our Pick
The Redgear 7.1 gaming headphone is designed to revolutionize gaming experience thanks to its ability to deliver precise and accurate sound. With an avalanche of features housed in a premium quality build, you can’t ask for more.
At face value, you will appreciate the stylish design that gives bragging rights among your peers. But, that is just the surface because its 7.1 surround engine will thrust you a world of exceptional sound quality.
If that is not enough, you’ll love the noise cancellation feature that allows pure attention on gaming sound — no need to worry about external interruptions.
To top it all, the headphone is built with comfort in mind. You can easily fit it over the head, and you find the contact quite cozy.
- 7.1 surround sound engine with speaker frequency of 20-20kHz to allow more accurate listening from all angle
- Has an adjustable and noise-canceling microphone for irritation-free communication
- Cool RGB LED effect on the earcups to add to its sense of style
- Features customization driver unit, mic and in-line controller for PC leaving the power of customizing various sound parameters at the fingertips
- Comes with a cord measuring 2.2 meters to provide enough allowance to move about when connected
- Comfortable over the head wearing decide to enable the user to concentrate fully on the game
- Has extra soft ear-muffs to provide soft-touch comfort for extended durations of use
- Delivers impressive audio quality
- Great audio control and customization possibilities
- Comes with all necessary accessories
- Stylish design
- Comfortable build
- Premium audio engine
- The earcups can attract sweat when worn for long
2. EKSA Stereo Over-Ear Headphone – Easy to use
The EKSA stereo gaming headset is ideal for professional gaming thanks to its premium features and fresh build. It is easy to install and customize the sound it delivers in line with your needs making it ideal for completing a lively atmosphere for gaming.
If you are looking for a touch of style in your accessories, you’ll appreciate the LED lights it emits on the earcups. To allow you to stay focused on the game, EKSA includes an omnidirectional noise-canceling mic to keep background disruptions at bay.
Overall, this product has a practical and comfortable design to allow users to connect and play in all manner of gaming units.
- Compatible with multiple gaming platforms including all-new Xbox one controllers, PS4 and so on making it a versatile choice
- Comfortable and adjustable with 15? rotating, super-soft protein foam, ergonomically shaped earmuffs to allow fitting on varying head shapes for comfy wear and listening experience
- Made of a combination of stainless steel metal and high-quality leather to ensure longevity
- Features advanced built-in 50mm drivers that capture the sound direction and actual feel of every move for a more fun-filled experience
- Has a retractable noise-canceling mic which highly sensitive and has omnidirectional noise reduction technology to ensure curtailing of background noise
- Features easy to use volume control and one key mic mute switch to allow seamless customization operations
- Has high tensile strength, anti-winding USB cable designed to prevent the cord from twining
- Delivers clear and real sound
- Easy to use courtesy of adequate controls
- Impressive omnidirectional noise canceling noise technology
- Comfortable for long wears
- Adjustable to fit different head shapes
- Durable build quality
- Versatile multi-platform support
- The maximum volume could be louder
3. Redgear Dagger Professional Gaming Headphone – Adjustable
The Redgear Dagger is ideal for professional gamers who prefer indulging in extended sessions. Thanks to cozy earmuffs and soft adjustable headband, one can easily fit it over their head and forget about it for the entire duration of the game.
It has a premium sound engine providing alternatives of a low, medium, and high audio experience. To add to that, it comes with a hypersensitive microphone to help keep background noise at bay. That way, users can enjoy the clear sound and keep their focus on the game.
- Has a high-quality sound production engine offering low, medium, and high audio experience
- Features braided tangle-free cable with three-colour RGB LED dazzle light to give a sense of style
- Equipped with a highly sensitive retractable mic to help erase background noise and facilitate the delivery of clear, high-quality sound
- Features skin type protein foam earmuffs with a lightweight headband to maximize comfort
- Has an inline volume controller, mic on/off button to allow hassle-free adjustments
- Features two jacks-red for the mic and green for the headset
- Has a handy USB interface to allow the power supply for the LED lights
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Easy to use controls
- The impressive noise cancellation feature
- Delivers high-quality sound
- Stylish design
- Adjustable to fit different users
- It’s a bit bass-heavy
4. AmazonBasics Gaming Headset – Affordable
If you want to level up your gaming experience without spending so much, the AmazonBasics can satisfy your desires. Why do we say so? To begin with, it is designed to support functionality across different gaming platforms. So with it, you can immerse yourself into the sound of various games and still enjoy similar audio quality.
Secondly, it supports two-way communication courtesy of omnidirectional microphone. It means you can get in touch with your peers without losing touch with in-game sound effects.
Beyond that, the build of the earmuffs is soft and breathable, ensuring the device remains comfortable on the ears under sustained extended use.
- Features a crystal clear two-way communication via an omnidirectional microphone
- Has soft and breathable earmuffs to aid comfortable listening experience
- Compatible with several platforms including PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox, PS4 and others making it a versatile pick
- The omnidirectional microphones help with background noise isolation thereby allow precise and high-quality sound delivery
- Features high-fidelity speakers which deliver direct stereo sound putting you right into the game
- Comes with a handy volume control fixed on the chord for dynamic adjustments as the situation demands
- Comfortable earmuffs
- Ideal for extended gaming
- The stylish and bold appearance
- Impressive two-way communication
- Works only with units that can connect to 3.5mm jack
5. Logitech Prodigy G231 Gaming Headphone – Lightweight
Whether you are an avid PC or a console gamer, the Logitech Prodigy is designed to allow you get right in the sound of your game. Given its 40 mm neodymium drivers it is optimized to provide immersive in-game sound for a whole new experience.
Any user will appreciate the fact that this product has been manufactured with comfort as a crucial part of it. To be specific, earmuffs and the inner side of the headband that comes in contact with the body are made to provide ultra comfort no matter how long you keep playing. But, perhaps you will be more pleased with the adjustable unidirectional mic that serves to deter background noise.
All in all, the excellent combination of premium build, versatility, and efficient sound delivery makes it a good buy for everyone.
- Comes with 40mm neodymium drivers to guarantee delivery of high-quality immersive stereo sound
- Compatible with multiple playing units such as PCs, game consoles and more making it a versatile pick
- Features ultra-comfortable and washable sports performance cloth ear cups to enable extended gaming
- Has a lightweight and long-wearing design to allow different head fits
- Equipped with a fully adjustable unidirectional boom mic to guarantee clarity
- Features on cable mute and volume controls for hassle-free adjustments in different situations
- Comes with a six feet cable allowing users to room to play at a reasonable distance from the gaming unit
- Has separate 3.5mm stereo and mic ports for connection
- Versatile compatibility allowing wide-ranging use
- Delivers immersive audio quality
- Comfortable and lightweight hence ideal for extended gaming
- Flexible chord allowance
- Good overall build quality
- Impressive noise cancellation capability
- May leave the ears sweaty after some time playing
6. Cosmic Byte G3300 Gaming Headphone – Versatile
The Cosmic Byte G3300 headphone is another versatile model suitable for all-round gaming. It can work with PCs, Smartphones, PS4, among other common gaming platforms. At face value, it a masterpiece all thanks to the thoughtful color scheme and sleek external finish.
When it comes to what matters most that is sound, it features an exceptional impedance driver that allows users to get every detail of sound, including faint footsteps. If you love some bass in firing noises, the G3300 delivers just the right punch.
And that’s not all because it also equipped with a handy mic to aid communication and noise cancellation.
- Features seven color RGB led lights which adds it a sense of style
- Has dual 3.5mm jack for audio and microphone connection
- Supports multi-platform functionality making it suitable for PC, laptops, Smartphones, PS4, and Xbox one
- Has USB cable for powering the LED lights
- Wired with a 32 ohms cable which is 2.1 meters long to allow sufficient allowance for movements even when connected
- Functions on a 50 mm impedance driver which delivers quality sound with thumping bass
- Provides impressive sound quality
- Stylish LED lights
- Great for gaming or music listening
- Build with comfort in mind
- Requires one male two female splitters to work with Xbox one
- The wire tangles and twists
7. Kotion Each – G2000 Edition – Stylish & Trendy
Looking for a headphone that will thrust you to a whole new sound experience in games and music like never before? Well, look no further than the Kotion Each G-2000 headset.
Coming with high-precision magnetic neodymium driver, it concentrates into the ears intense and clear sound capturing the vivacity of the game in every angle.
To ensure users remain comfortable regardless of the length of playtime, the earmuffs are made of pillow-soft, skin-friendly material.
Above all, it boasts of impeccable noise isolation capability, which ensures a user is not distracted by external factors.
- Functions on a high precision 50 mm magnetic neodymium driver which enables the delivery of clear and authentic game sound
- Boasts of a reliable surrounding noise cancellation technology to limit external disruptions
- Its earmuffs are made of skin-friendly super soft material optimal comfort for extended wearing times
- Features USB powered LED lights fitted on the ear cups and mic to give it that exuberant look
- Has a braided high tensile wire to prevent tangling
- Has an adjustable headband to fit different head sizes and shapes
- Comes with a unique rotary volume controller button to allow pain-free sound intensity adjustment
- Has a foldable mic to allow convenient use
- Has dual input single output 3.5mm connector for effortless connectivity
- Emits good sound quality given the price
- LED lights make it exquisite
- Versatile design
- Good quality build and Exquisite Design
- Noise cancellation technique isn’t as efficient in low frequencies
8. CORSAIR HS50 Gaming Headset – Best Stereo Sound
The CORSAIR HS50 is a decent choice if looking for much-needed comfort for hours of nonstop gaming. To that end, it has plush memory foam and swiveling earcups which remain tolerable on the ears no matter how long you keep playing.
But, perhaps the kick remains in its precision-tuned 50 mm neodymium speaker drivers. The superior quality of the system ensures the sound delivered is accurate and real. To add to that, it comes with a noise-canceling microphone to ensure audio quality is not compromised regardless of the external happenings.
- Boasts of CORSAIR’s legendary build quality that guarantees long life in use
- Comes with soft memory foam earcups to provide leading-edge comfort under extended durations of play
- Functions on precision-tuned 50 mm neodymium speaker drivers which deliver wide sonic range and the actual vivacity of gaming sound
- Features unidirectional detachable microphone which reduces ambient noise for on the go use
- Boasts of multi-platform compatibility allow use on PCs, Xbox One, mobile devices, and more
- Maximizes comfort
- Versatile and durable
- Compatible with multiple units
- Convenient noise-canceling mic
- Impressive clarity and sonic range
- Simplistic and style
- Doesn’t come with Microsoft adapter to allow unlimited connections
9. Xmowi Gaming Headset – Ergonomic and Adaptive
The Xmowi wired gaming headset makes it to our list thanks to is multipurpose build and ability to emit rich vivacious sound. It is compatible with numerous devices, including Smartphones, tablets, Xbox One, PS4, and PCs.
Besides that, it comes with an audio splitter cable that enables connectivity to any of the units it’s compatible without much ado.
It gets better. Xmowi includes a unidirectional noise-canceling microphone to ensure external happenings do not interfere with sound delivery.
- Has specifications of 40mm impedance, 32-ohm frequency response, 20hz to 20khz mic dimension, and 6.0 by 5.0mm mic directivity
- Comes with 3.5mm plug Audio Y splitter cable measuring 2.2 meters long with mic and volume control for smooth connectivity and sound intensity adjustment
- Has a 130? retractable noise-canceling microphone with 360? voice pickup for a quiet listening experience
- Has comfortable design with ear cushions of soft sport PU leather which is also large enough to offer a sufficient noise isolation environment
- Boast of multi-platform compatibility hence ideal for wide-ranging application
- Superb sound quality
- Ergonomic and adaptive headband
- Sturdy construction
- Ideal for wide-ranging use
- Comfortable design
- Lengthy chord
- Good looking and fashionable
- No cons were observed
10. HyperX HX-HSCSC-BK Cloud Gaming Headset – Best for Console Gaming
The Hyper X Cloud Stinger Core is optimized to fulfill the needs of newbie console gamers craving for immersive in-game audio. Generally speaking, its design takes comfort and convenience as a priority.
Looking at it, it screams style thanks to a sleek finish that adds to stunning sound quality it delivers. The unbeatable ergonomics underpins other great features such as dynamic drivers, advanced microphone, and multi-platform compatibility.
- Compatible with multiple consoles making it suitable for wide-ranging use
- Has convenient audio controls on the audio cable
- Fitted with soft ear cushions to provide a comfy fit
- The microphone is adjustable allowing flexible positioning while also providing the noise-canceling edge
- Comes with 40mm directional drivers to deliver immersive and clear in-game sound
- Has a closed-cup design to limit external noise distractions
- Ideal for wide-ranging console gaming
- Delivers clear and immersive in-game audio
- Comfortable and flexible
- Convenient controls
- Sturdy and durable
- Reliable noise-canceling capability
- External plastic may be fragile
- The bass is not deep.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which gaming headphones is best?
Although gaming headphones available in the market are not the same, it’s challenging to rank in terms of the best or the poorest quality. If anything, each product is optimized to suit different use situations.
Also, tastes and preferences usually vary, so what fits the bill for one gamer may not have similar praise from another. In short, everyone has their best, depending on how that particular product satisfies their needs.
2. Which is the best gaming headset for ps4?
There are just so many gaming headsets that can work for ps4 gaming from models that can connect directly into the ps4 controllers to wireless models that operate via Bluetooth. You can’t possibly put your hand on a specific headset. So, once a product you come across is compatible with your gaming console, comfortable, easy to use, and transmits the right sound quality that should be your best.
3. How do gaming headphones work?
Gaming headphones work just like ordinary earphones only that they tend to have advanced features to aid precise sound delivery when playing. The essential aspect of the design focuses on granting complete immersive gaming experience. So, unlike standard earphones, they mostly feature individual sound drivers, noise-canceling capability, and adaptability controls.
4. Which is the better option, wired or wireless gaming headsets?
It is a tricky affair telling the absolute winner between wireless and wired headsets. Ideally, each type has it own merits and limitations. For instance, if you prefer to move around freely when gaming, wireless carries the day.
To the contrary, with wired alternatives, you do have to worry about the charge. At the same time, the other features also count and contribute to the overall performance. So, you can decide on the better choice after considering overall functionality.
5. Are gaming headphones safe?
Of course, the manufacturer’s have to adhere to industry standards which ensure the product do not emit harmful radiation. However, it is vital to keep the volume on a reasonable level to avoid damaging the eardrum, especially when gaming for long periods.
6. Which brand is the best?
Granted the list of top gaming headphones manufacturers, it is almost impossible to rank the best. Although some brands are undoubtedly more popular than others, several factors could sway the nod one direction or the other.
Talk about personal preferences, specific features on a product, and value for money concerning overall quality. You can only rank the best depending on how best multiple products from a given label suit your needs.
How much should I spend on a gaming headphone?
In reality, there is no range of expenditure that is deemed suitable or not suitable for any product. The bottom line should be your ability to pay for it. But more importantly, your purchase should have good enough features to satisfy your gaming needs. At the same time, an excellent way to go about the price is thinking of your expenditure as a long term investment.
A decent gaming headphone is vital for completing a contemporary playing setup. With a good piece, a gamer can feel like they are directly part of the thrill besides treating their ears to safe sound. So, in the quest for the best, looking for the perfect balance of features and functionality is the right way to go. With this guide, perhaps you’ll have an easier time narrowing down your options to the ultimate buy.