Best gaming keyboard – For Every Type of Gamer
A gaming keyboard is an advanced keyboard designed to improve the user’s gaming experience. It comes with unique features, more ergonomic setup, programmable keys to help gamers achieve the best.
Gaming keyboards can be an excellent addition for a broad range of users, from hardcore gamers to beginners who are just getting started into the gamer’s world. A gaming keyboard is built with either mechanical keys or membrane keys for individual preference. Check out the best gaming laptops.
Mechanical keys are crucial for fast-paced gaming because they require less force for each tap, and they deliver a firm, satisfying, and quicker response feature. Some gaming keyboard comes with backlighting. Keyboard backlight can have a variety of colors ranging from blue, brown, red, green, white, and more.
Programmable keys are also one of the main features of a gaming keyboard. Programmable keys allow gamers to make multiple keystrokes at an instance. Players can now complete an action that might take seconds to achieve with just a click of a button. By reducing a series of work into a keystroke, gamers can express their mind well and also move faster in the game.
Some gaming keyboard is also smart, and they possess a built-in LCD panel at the right of the keyboard. Its multi-touch display can provide a stream of information from your computer.
During gaming, the touch display can provide crucial information such as mini-maps, and game stats. Gaming keyboard also possesses several in-built ports such as headset port, USB, volume control, and more. It also comes with multimedia controls for controlling music and movies.
The gaming keyboard is convenient to use, and users can feel relaxed and comfortably manage the space around them. It reduces the amount of fatigue, and hand injury the player’s experiences while playing a game.
The gaming keyboard comes with a plug and plays installation. Once the keyboard is purchased, remove its packing and plug directly to your PC. Open the game you intend using it on; with this, you are set to have a lovely experience.
Here you will learn about the difference between mechanical and membrane Keyboard, different types of a Gaming keyboard, comprehensive Buyers-guide, List of Top 10 Gaming Keyboard, and a few FAQ’S.
Top 8 Gaming Keyboard
LED is suitable for late-night gaming
Good quality product
Very good for gaming
Difference Between Membrane and Mechanical Keyboard
Membrane and Mechanical keyboard have different specification.
- The membrane keyboards are produced with soft keys while the mechanical keyboard is hard to press
- Membrane key makes less noise when gaming but mechanical keys provide sound when gaming.
- The mechanical keyboard is more durable than membrane keyboards.
- Mechanical keyboards are fast, and they produce an accurate result when typing while membrane keyboard may generate a lot of errors during typing because of the nature of the keyboards.
- Mechanical keyboard keys can be removed, allowing you to customize the keyboard to match your choice while a membrane keyboard key is usually not removable.
- A membrane keyboard is more comfortable to afford than a mechanical keyboard.
Types of Gaming Keyboard
There are several types of gaming keyboard available in the market today, let’s mention some of them.
Backlight gaming keyboard
Most gaming keyboards come with backlight ranging from blue, red, green, white, and more. Most times, the color might be mixed to produce beautiful bright light colors.
Backlight keyboard gives gamers a new twist by adding multiple lighting zones with separate backlight areas for WASD keys and arrow keys. Some gaming keyboard highlight the most frequently used control keys, while some keyboards allow gamers to personalize the color of each key as they see fit.
Non-backlight gaming keyboard
Some gaming keyboards are painted with pure colors without a backlight feature. Non-backlight keyboards also give gamers the best of experience during gaming. Some keyboards are painted in colors ranging from white, black, red, pink, and blue. They’re modeled in such a way that it’s easy to locate keys. Their colors are also bright and attractive to use.
Wired gaming keyboard
Some keyboard comes with a wired interface for connection, and most modern keyboards are built with a USB port connection. They are fast, and you need not worry about potential input latency that could occur when transmitting signals.
They are durable and also easy to use. The most wired keyboard is produced with long wires to allow gamers to sit at a distance away from the PC.
Wireless gaming keyboard
Wireless keyboards are very convenient for gaming; you can sit at any distance to play your game. It’s durable, with excellent performance. The Keyboard transmits the data to a receiver that looks like a thumb drive.
Batteries power the wireless keyboard. Potential input latency may occur when the battery energy becomes low, that means you might experience some delay between you pressing down a key and your PC processing the key.
Membrane gaming keyboard
The membrane keyboard is very flexible, and it has soft keys. The key produces less noise when they’re tapped. They are portable and usually made of plastic. Membrane keyboard can be moved around easily. The most membrane keyboard is affordable.
Mechanical gaming keyboard
The mechanical keyboard is the opposite of the membrane keyboard. They are firm, durable, and heavy to move around. Making use of a mechanical keyboard doesn’t require a lot of effort during typing.
It has a different typing style compared to membrane keyboard, and you don’t have to press the key too long before it gets registered into the PC. It allows fast typing, and it makes you comfortable when in use.
Buyer’s guide gives you the information you need to know when purchasing a gaming keyboard of your choice. So, here’s a list of the guides necessary to obtain a gaming keyboard for easy use.
Playing a game can make you very expressive, so it’s necessary to buy a gaming keyboard with excellent quality. Also, ensure that the keyboard can handle light and hard tapping when gaming.
It’s good to purchase a gaming keyboard that is built with metal backplates that eliminate flex and risk of bending or breaking. The high-quality plastics are designed to last long, and it also acts as a resistant to oil, water, and more.
When playing a game, key rollover measures the amount of key your keyboard can register at once. It’s vital to purchase a keyboard with a right rollover for convenient use during gaming. When gaming with an excellent keyboard, many key operations can be registered to produce as many actions as possible.
It’s essential to buy a keyboard that’s attractive to use, and personalization that suits your choice. Many gaming keyboards are customized in different ways, and some customization might not be convenient for you while some customization might be right for you when gaming. Therefore, choose a gaming keyboard whose keystrokes are comfortable to use.
Backlighting comes with a standard for all gaming keyboard. Most gaming keyboard backlighting comes with a single color or full RGB colors. It’s important to choose a gaming keyboard that comes with features to adjust backlight color and also customize key colors.
You may also choose a keyboard that glows with your PC color, for instance, if your PC screen color glows blue your keyboard will even glow blue.
The cost of the gaming keyboard is high. Most gaming keyboards with functional customization are expensive, while some are affordable. So, it’s good to buy a gaming keyboard you can afford.
A gaming keyboard is built with several layout styles, so it’s necessary to buy a keyboard by which its design style make you feel convenient when gaming. A gaming keyboard layout is more peculiar with key arrangements. Therefore, before buying a gaming keyboard, ensure that the keyboard layout is what you need for gaming.
10 Best Gaming Keyboard
1. Redgear Blaze 3 gaming keyboard – Our Pick
Redgear Blaze 3 was designed with floating keycaps for mechanical feel, and three LED adjustable color backlight. It has an aluminum structure for a better gaming experience.
It has features like the blaze which was specially designed to work with a pro-gaming tournament. Its design is intended for both low-DPI gamers and high-DPI. The keyboard is designed to give you more space to make broad moves with your mouse.
It comes with a Windows key lock option to stop Windows interruption. It’s convenient to use and easy to carry around while playing games online and offline.
- Floating keycaps.
- 3 LED color backlight.
- Full aluminum body.
- Windows key lock option.
- 19 anti-ghost keys.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- It gives you the best distance for each pressure.
- It ensures that any key you press is registered accurately.
- It allows you to adjust its colors conveniently.
- Windows key lock option to stop interruption.
- High-quality products.
- Durable product.
- Printing on keys may not be visible, so the LED has to be on all the time.
- Font styles of keys are not suitable.
2. Cosmic Byte Mechanical Keyboard – Excellent keyboard
Cosmic byte CB-GK-12 comes with a full size 104 keys blue switch mechanical keyboard. It comes with over 50 million operations for each key. It was built with an aluminum body, multimedia keys, gaming mode, and Windows lock keys.
It comes with rainbow backlit, ten backlight effects, three levels of speed adjustment, and three levels of brightness adjustment. It works well on Mac OS, Windows OS, and Linux. Cosmic byte CB-GK-12 is very convenient and easy to use.
- Aluminum body.
- Multimedia keys and gaming mode.
- Windows lock key option.
- Rainbow color backlight with three levels of brightness adjustment.
- Three levels of speed adjustment.
- Compatible with Mac OS, Windows OS, and Linux.
- It comes with a one year warranty.
- A pretty solid keyboard made with high-quality material.
- It feels great to use.
- You can do more than 50 million operations for each key
- Very awesome for gaming.
- Reasonable price.
- The keyboard is heavy.
- The switches are soldered into the board of the keyboard, which makes it difficult to change the switches.
3. Night Hawk Gaming Keyboard – LED is suitable for late-night gaming
Night Hawk Nk101 FPS Gaming Keyboard comes with 19 anti-ghost keys for advanced gaming with three color adjustable LED. Night Hawk Nk101 FPS Gaming Keyboard delivers excellent performance without jeopardizing its durability.
It has a unique design that ensures that no matter how long your gaming, you’re always comfortable. It features three colors LED-backlit keys. It comes with good speed and accuracy.
- A LED backlight key.
- Comfortable ergonomic design.
- Three color changeable LED.
- It comes with a year warranty.
- it is designed for great speed and accuracy
- The price is reasonable.
- LED is suitable for late-night gaming.
- Quality product.
- Attractive design and convenient to use.
- comfortable for long gaming sessions
- The keyboard doesn’t last long.
- Typing may not be visible if the backlight is off.
4. Brand Conquer Gaming Keyboard – Attractive design
The product was designed for gaming and office use with a beautiful backlit feature. It comes with five LED mixed colors, to light up the keyboard press the backlit button on the keyboard.
It was built with standard 104 keys, waterproof, and dustproof. It is light weighted, portable, and easy to keep.
It will automatically enter sleeping mode 10 minutes without usage. It is compatible with Windows 98 or later, Mac OS, Laptop Pad Google, Android TV Box, and Smart TV.
- Rainbow LED backlights plus 19 free keys.
- It is a wired keyboard. Comes with a USB cable of length 150cm.
- Brightness adjustment.
- Backlit button to turn on the keyboard backlight.
- Waterproof, dustproof, and standard 104 keys included.
- Automatically entering sleep mode after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- One year warranty included.
- It’s a quality product and is pretty strong
- Reasonable price for a product.
- It comes with an attractive design.
- The backlight doesn’t support Mac OS and Linux OS.
- Key seems to be detaching from the keyboard during gaming.
5. VBTEK Gaming Keyboard – Affordable product
It offers the best gaming experience and comfortable gaming environment. It comes with an orange illuminated keyboard and durable metal panel. It has an ergonomic design with a neat finishing. It reduces fatigue and increases comfort when gaming. Its LED light brings out an elegant glow at night and makes gaming at night very suitable.
- USB connection interface.
- Orange backlight color.
- A life span of up to 10 million strokes.
- It comes with a six-month warranty.
- Keys are straightforward to operate.
- Affordable product.
- Its aluminum body gives the best quality output.
- Ergonomic S-shaped keyboard helps in reducing fatigue
- The keyboard is not sturdy.
6. CORSAIR Gaming Keyboard – High-performance product
It offers three-zone backlighting with more than ten preconfigured RGB lighting modes to choose. It comes with six programmable macro keys for smooth actions. It has dedicated volume and multimedia controls for audio controls without interruption.
It gives a satisfying feeling with its quiet and responsive keys. It allows multi-key anti-ghosting that ensures accurate simultaneous key presses. It has a Windows key lock mode to avoid distraction during gaming. It works fine with Windows.
- Multi-key anti-ghosting.
- Dedicated Volume and Multimedia controls.
- Three-zone Backlighting.
- 1 AAA battery required.
- Compatible with Windows OS.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
- Build quality is good.
- It’s custom keys are a bonus for gamers.
- It doesn’t require any software for RGB effect.
- Good tactile feeling.
- High-performance product.
- The keyboard doesn’t have a mechanical touch.
- Some of its keys are hard to press.
- No waterproof feature.
7. Redragon Karura Gaming Keyboard– Good quality product
Redragon Karura K502 USB Gaming Keyboard comes with 104 quiet keys for responsiveness, durability, and longevity. The keys offer precise results and excellent performance.
It has RGB backlight with seven different colors, four backlight brightness levels, and an adjustable speed. Its illumination can be turned off entirely if not preferred. It was built with an ergonomic design, waterproof, and dustproof.
Redragon Karura K502 USB Gaming Keyboard was developed with a gold-plated USB connector for a reliable connection, 19 conflict-free keys, 12 multimedia keys, and an interchangeable arrow keys and WASD keys for ultimate gaming performance.
- RGB LED backlight with seven different colors.
- Four different lighting modes.
- Gamers can adjust the brightness and breathing speed.
- Compatible with Windows OS, and Mac OS.
- It’s produced with a one-year warranty.
- It’s great for late-night gaming.
- The keys are spaced apart perfectly.
- Good build quality.
- The cable is braided to last longer.
- Reasonable price for a gaming keyboard.
- High-performance product.
- The keyboard will always attract dust.
- The lights for the caps lock, win lock, and num lock is too bright that it affects the eyes.
- Durability issues.
8. Zebronics MaxPlus LED Gaming Keyboard – Perfect for gaming
Zebronics MaxPlus LED Gaming USB Keyboard is built with an excellent design and a durable structure. It is a sturdy keyboard with 104 keys, a USB interface with a cable length of 1.8m. It comes with 12 additional multimedia keys.
- Multi-color LED with 7 LED modes.
- Five levels of brightness.
- USB connection.
- Sturdy keyboard with 104 keys.
- Produced with one year warranty
- Good product for gaming.
- Very durable and affordable to purchase.
- Its response time is excellent.
- Cool light effect.
- Keys are visible with ordinary light.
- It’s heavy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are all gaming keyboard noisy?
No, not all gaming keyboard is noisy. Some are very noisy during gaming because of the quality of the key tapping while some are quiet.
2. Are all gaming keyboard mechanical keyboard?
No, not all gaming keyboards are mechanical keyboards. Some are also membrane keyboard.
3. Can I change the color on an RGB keyboard or they are constant?
Yes, you can change the color on most RGB gaming keyboards.
4. How do I go about changing the backlight color?
You can check the keyboard requirement for how to go about it. Most keyboards will want you to press Scr Lk to change the backlight color.
5. What is standard key for a keyboard?
A standard keyboard comes with 104 keys, but some keyboards are built with additional keys such as multimedia keys, and other control keys.
6. Can they all work with mac?
Yes, some of them can work on Mac; it’s just a few that won’t work on Mac. But ensure you read the description to be sure if it will work on a mac before purchasing it.
It’s essential to check the product requirement before you purchase this will help you know which keyboard to buy. A good gaming keyboard will provide you the best experience during gaming, and comfort after use.