Best Cervical Pillows in India
Did you know that one of the causes of frequent neck sprains in adults is the pillow? Muscle stiffness in the neck and shoulder area can lead to chronic issues in the cervical spine.
These issues, if not treated at the right time, can result in life-long complications. While altering your sleep position can help deal with neck pains, experts also recommend the use of cervical pillows.
Cervical pillows mimic the shape of the neck to provide neck support while sleeping. They prevent your neck or cervical spine from getting sprained while sleeping.
Top 6 Cervical Pillows
Benefits of Cervical Pillows
There are several reasons why Orthopedics recommend the use of cervical pillows:
- Cervical pillows help in correcting and maintaining the natural shape of the spine
- Using cervical pillows can significantly reduce headaches, back strains, and improper sleep posture
- The comfort of cervical pillows ensures you get sound sleep without any discomfort
- Cervical pillows also help reduce morning stiffness, swelling, arthritis, whiplash injuries, and snoring
- The ergonomic design of cervical pillows ensures proper alignment of the spine to relieve pressure
- A well-fitting cervical pillow allows the muscles and ligaments to relax and regain their normal shape while you sleep
Types of Cervical Pillows
There are different types of cervical pillows based on the material used. Most cervical pillows come with memory foam. This type of cervical pillow is the most recommended one by experts.
Other cervical pillows come with shredded memory foam that may not provide as much support as true memory foam pillows. Some cervical pillows also come with water inside them.
Another option is the breathable latex pillow, which may not be as environmental-friendly as bamboo ones. Cervical pillows also come in different shapes and sizes.
Some cervical pillows have one curve, while others have double curves forming a B-shape. The height of cervical pillows also varies. Those cervical pillows that come with varying sizes are better than those available in a universal size.
Here are some key factors you may want to consider before investing in the right cervical pillow.
The primary function of cervical pillows is to provide alignment to the cervical spine. Thus, the shape of the pillow should be considered.
It should have a curvature that fits into the curve of the cervical spine. The shoulders should not be on the pillow. The cervical pillow should get a neutral alignment with the cervical spine.
As stated earlier, cervical pillows come in different materials. The most useful one is memory foam because it adjusts itself according to your cervical spine’s shape.
The cervical pillow you choose should not be too soft and not too hard. It should have an optimal density that provides comfort and firmness.
The thickness of the pillow depends on your sleep position. For back sleepers, the pillow should not be too thin. Side sleepers need thicker pillows.
Go for a cervical pillow that is available in different sizes rather than a universal size. Based on the measurements of your neck and shoulder, you can select a cervical pillow whose size will be a perfect fit.
Best Cervical Pillows in India
1. JSB Cervical Pillow
JSB is a health and fitness pioneer that produces wellness and healthcare equipment. JSB BS52 is a B-shaped cervical pillow with memory foam. It is designed to provide relief for neck pain and cervical spondylitis.
It works on the mechanism of building hypertension in the neck area while sleeping. This will help counteract the stress and strain the neck has gone through during the day.
- This cervical pillow is made with a super-soft and light-weight fabric
- It has high-quality plush memory foam inside that can roll out and expand
- This pillow comes with a removable cover and a zipper
- There are two contoured levels in this pillow – one higher than the other
- This ergonomically designed B-shaped pillow relieves stiffness in the neck and shoulder
- The memory foam cures cervical problems while you sleep
- It is designed to bring proper alignment to the spine
- The cover is removable and washable, thus easy to maintain
- Daily use of this pillow reduces snoring and other sleep disorders
- Some people may find it too hard
2. Tynor Cervical Pillow
Tynor Orthotics specializes in orthopaedic products. Tynor contoured cervical pillow is designed to relieve the neck and shoulder from the stress built throughout the day.
This pillow is moulded from PU foam with optimal density. Its scientific design helps in maintaining slight hypertension in the cervical area to relax the muscles.
- This pillow has a double contour design
- Its anatomical shape ensures maximum comfort while sleeping
- There are two different heights in this pillow, making it suitable for long and short necks
- It is long-lasting and has good resilience
- It helps in maintaining a neutral posture of the cervical spine
- It is covered with a soft fabric that can be removed and washed
- Being compact and lightweight, this cervical pillow can be easily carried along
- No negatives points were observed so far
3. The White Willow Cervical Pillow
This is a high-density memory foam pillow from White Willow. It is designed to provide orthopaedic support to the neck and shoulder. It aims at giving you a sound sleep.
This pillow is created from responsibly sourced materials and is scientifically designed to give you ultimate comfort and help decrease your pain.
- Its material is a unique cooling gel memory foam with better pressure-relieving capacity
- It captures body heat and distributes it to maintain a cosy temperature
- The pinhole design on this pillow promotes airflow to allow heat to pass-through
- This pillow is available in different sizes like X-small, small, standard, queen, and king
- It holds its shape to align the head and neck area gently
- It moulds easily to the shape of the body
- It is suitable for summers and extremely humid climate
- The non-toxic material is sturdy and resistant to bugs and dust
- It could be thicker for a cervical pillow
4. Ozoy Cervical Pillow
Ozoy cervical contour memory foam pillow helps release tension in the neck tissues after a long and tiring day. This bamboo cooling pillow aligns the spine and supports the neck while you sleep.
This pillow is available in standard, king, and queen sizes, so there is something to fit everyone’s needs and offers the ultimate comfort to everyone.
- It is made of a breathable and hypoallergenic material
- With a 5 inch loft, this pillow facilitates comfortable sleeping
- This cervical pillow keeps the head in line with the body
- The scientific height of this pillow provides neck, head, and shoulder support
- It allows the muscle to relax by relieving tension
- It prevents snoring by keeping the airway open
- It has holes around it to promote ventilation
- The material is resistant to mites, bacteria, fungi, and mould
- Has a faint chemical smell
5. HealthSense Cervical Pillow
HealthSense Soft-Spot CP30 cervical pillow has an ergonomic design that alters itself according to the shape of the human body. It fits perfectly in the curve of the spine to relax and support the muscles.
It provides effective relief to the neck, shoulder, and upper back. This cervical pillow also adjusts its height according to the distance between the head and upper lumbar region
- It is made of high-density memory foam
- The outer cover is made of bamboo fabric and polyester
- The mesh fabric of the outer cover makes it easy to clean
- This pillow is made of environmental dynamic foam that is free from toxic ingredients
- This pillow has neatly piped stitching with smooth zipped liners
- The outer cover is mite resistant, hypoallergenic, and highly breathable
- It has superior ventilation ability
- The high-density slow rebound memory foam alters its shape to suit the person
- This pillow provides quick spine alignment and better sleep posture
- The lumbar support could be better
6. Dr. Ortho Cervical Pillow
Dr. Ortho Orthopaedic cervical pillow aims at providing therapeutic relief for all kinds of sleep-related issues like backache, neck pain, etc. It is suitable for all types of sleepers like back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
It is ergonomically designed to provide relief to neck pain and other cervical issues. This universal sized pillow helps you sleep better and ease your back and neck pains.
- The supreme quality of memory foam used in this pillow adjusts its shape to the curve of the cervical spine
- This pillow gives you a comfortable sleep position
- The breathable fabric of the outer cover is hypoallergenic and dirt-resistant
- The memory foam is soft and highly compressible
- It has an anti-sweat and washable outer cover
- The memory foam maintains the natural curvature of the spine
- Helps relieve muscle pain and fatigue
- The compact size of this cervical pillow makes it travel-friendly
- The quality and height could be better
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which cervical pillow will suit my sleep position?
It depends on your preference because every shape has its benefits. If you are a stomach sleeper, you need to invest in a cervical pillow that will make you shift from stomach sleeping to the side sleeping position.
A cervical pillow with medium height will be suitable for back sleepers because anything lower or higher can alleviate neck problems. Side sleepers are the ones who benefit the most from cervical pillows because they are accustomed to sleeping at a certain height.
2. How often should I change my cervical pillow?
The typical period is three years, but if your pillow begins to lose its shape or gets damaged, you need to replace it immediately. We recommend investing in one that is made of durable material, preferably memory foam.
3. Does it take time to transition from conventional pillows to cervical pillows?
Yes. If you are used to sleeping on two pillows or soft pillows, it might take time for your body to adjust to a cervical pillow.
While memory foam pillows adjust to the shape of your cervical spine instantly, other cervical pillows may require more time based on how dense they are.
4. Why are cervical pillows harder than normal pillows?
The whole idea of cervical pillows is to provide cervical support and alignment. Normal pillows lose shape and density over time and begin to spoil your sleep position leading to neck and backaches.
Cervical pillows maintain their shape and are built to fit into the curvatures of the shoulder and head. To maintain this ability, cervical pillows are made with high-density materials or filled with almost no gaps.
It is important to focus on your sleep posture because incorrect sleep postures can lead to life-long health issues. Your sleep posture highly influences your posture while standing and sitting.
Thus, to maintain a good sleep posture, the use of cervical pillows is recommended. They are essential for those who have arthritis and neck pain. Those who have undergone surgeries also are advised to use cervical pillows.
Cervical pillows are beneficial for those who have long working hours and face back issues due to prolonged sitting. Sleep disorders are often associated with our sleep position.
Thus, we recommend you consider cervical pillows to gain sound sleep and avoid muscle stiffness in the morning. After all, sound sleep ensures the body is active and ready for a new day.