12 Best Hair Brushes
Grooming and personal care is a requirement for every individual. We need to look after ourselves to not only maintain health but also to look presentable.
However, when it comes to hair tools, your hairbrush is something you have not much thought about. Since hairbrushes are generally cheap, a proper research is not conducted before buying.
They not only are helpful in hair combing but also help you in styling it with ease by straightening and adding curls or waves. Honestly, a good comb can make your hair healthy and make you confident to take over the day.
You must find the best hairbrush for your hair type, not all brushes suit every hair type. E.g., you can not use a teasing brush for day-to-day combing. A boar hair brush is something that everyone thinks is suitable for daily usage.
A wet hairbrush cannot be the same as your dry hairbrush. There are many more facts that you get to know once you start using them.
There are different types of hairbrushes for frizzy hair available for you to choose from. You can read more about them in the next section of this article.
We have also provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide for you to make the right decision in choosing an ideal hair brush for your hair.
This is followed by the top 12 hairbrushes for women available on Amazon, along with links to purchase them. The last section of this article focuses on answering some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
12 Best Hair Brushes in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Paddle Hair Brush
best 2 in 1 hairbrush
best 2 in 1 hairbrush
Best Round Brush
Best Styling Brush
The Multi-Purpose Hair Brush
Best deal on Hair Brushes
Best Blow-Drying Hairbrush
Best Hair Styling Kit
Best Teasing Brush
Types of Hair Brushes
Barrel brushes are similar to round brushes. They consist of a ceramic barrel around which bristles are present.
The brush heats up when a blow dryer is made to pass through the hair over it. Thus, it manages to act like a curling iron creating curls and waves to the hair. It is most commonly used for long hair.
This brush is suitable for all hair types to be long, short, wet, or dry hair. The bristles are flexible and help in comfortably detangling your hair.
It easily frees the hair from knots without having to pull and tear. It slides through the hair easily to ensure smooth and knots free hair
This is a wide brush with flexible nylon bristles have rounded tips. It comes with a secure handle allowing you to brush through your hair gently from the roots to the end.
The brush is helpful in sectioning hair and to blow dry it running the blow dryer over the brush as you move from the roots to the end.
These brushes are cushioned hence helps in controlling frizz and messy, unruly hair. It can also be used to detangle wet or dry hair.
Vented Round Brush
These are round brushes with bristles all around the surface. It comes with a secure handle and has nylon or boar bristles.
The vented brush comes with vented hollow centers through which hot air can pass through. Hence, it can be used with a blow dryer to create curls or waves and also can be used to ensure straight, smooth hair.
The brush is ideal for back brushing, detangling and styling wet or dry hair easily. It prevents frizz, breakage, and damage to hair.
The vented round brush adds volume and bulk to the hair when used with the blow dryer.
The brush is mainly used for teasing hair so that you can style it in the way you want. It creates knots in required places so that it adds volume to the hairstyle you wish to create. ;
The teasing brush comes with a long pointy handle that can be used to make sections in the hair. It can also be used for giving high precision hair cuts.
We know that there are different types of hairbrushes available in the market. You need to choose a brush type based on your requirement.
Go for a paddle brush or a de-tangle brush for de-tangling your hair or freeing it from knots. If you wish to style your hair using a blow-dryer, the barrel brush and vented round brush are your preferred choices.
On the other hand, if you wish to style your hair by adding volume to a certain part of your hairdo, the teasing brush is the right option. It also helps in sectioning hair and haircuts.
The material of the brush is important as it defines the quality of the product. Ensure that the brush is made using high-quality, PP plastic or wood.
The bristles, on the other hand, should be made using nylon, boar hair, or plastic material.
If you have long hair, the hairbrush should also be bigger so it can detangle, brush, and style your hair conveniently. You can go also go for a smaller size hairbrush for short hair.
A small size hairbrush is useful as it allows you to carry it around in your purse, proving to be handy in bad hair day situations.
The type of bristle also plays a vital role in the selection of a hairbrush. There are three types of bristles that you can go for- Nylon flexible bristles, boar bristles, and plastic or synthetic bristles.
The best-preferred choice would be nylon bristles that come with round tips. This ensures a smooth, soothing effect on the scalp, and it slides through the hair smoothly without tearing it or causing you any pain.
You can go for a boar bristle if you want a much smoother and shiny hairdo. On the other hand, plastic or synthetic bristles can be used for any purpose. They are a good option for thick and bulky hair.
The handle of the brush should be made using good quality material. It should not be loose and must ensure a secure grip.
This provides comfort while brushing, styling, or detangling hair without slipping from your hand. Moreover, a handle with a secure grip prevents your hand from cramping or getting tired.
The brush you by should be suitable for your hair type, be it short, medium, or long. Certain large size barrel brushes and paddle brushes are suitable for long hair.
You need to check if the hairbrush is suitable for wet or dry hair. Go for boar bristle brushes if you have fine, coarse hair while for denser hair, nylon bristles are suitable.
1. Roots Wotta Brush Detangling Hair Brush – Our Choice
The Roots Wotta Brush is our number one choice among all the hairbrushes mentioned in this list. It is a detangling brush that is available in different color options, allowing you to choose the color of your preference.
The brush comes with bristles having softball tips that do not hurt your scalp.
Moreover, the bristles bend and glide through the knots for both wet and dry hair. This ensures your comfort along with preventing breakage of hair, especially when it is wet.
It is a must-have as it is suitable for all hair types.
- Type: detangling brush.
- Bristles designed using Flexotec.
- The bristles have softball tips.
- Ideal for detangling wet and dry hair.
- It smoothens even the toughest tangles without tugging or pulling.
- The soft tips of the bristles are soft on the scalp.
- Can be used after a shower to detangle hair in a single stroke without pulling.
- The bristles bend and flex at the knots for comfortable detangling.
- The bristles are a bit weak.
2. FOK Rectangular Cushion Paddle Hair Brush – Best Paddle Hair Brush
This paddle brush is from one of the leading beauty accessories brands in India, FOK. The brush is well cushioned for ensuring frizz-free hair.
It consists of nylon bristles with softball tips that allow you to detangle wet and dry hair comfortably. It also massages the scalp hence improving the blood circulation.
The brush is suitable for all hair types to be short, mid-length, or long hair. It is the perfect accessory that adds volume and shines to your hair by grooming, straightening and smoothing it.
It is one of the most versatile brushes on the list.
- Type: paddle brush.
- Product dimensions: 24×8×4 cm.
- Handle dimensions: 11×3×0.5 cm.
- Ideal for detangling both wet and dry hair.
- Consists of flexible nylon bristles with softball tips.
- The air-cushioned hairbrush controls frizz and even the messiest hair.
- Makes the detangling of hair a less painful and effortless process.
- The softball tips massage your scalp without hurting it while also improving blood circulation.
- Adds volume and shine to your hair.
- It smoothens the toughest tangles without pulling or tearing hair.
- The quality of the brush could be better.
3. GUBB USA Paddle Hair Brush
Gubb USA Paddle Hair Brush is a professional hairstyling brush for men and women. It has an exclusive Scottish pattern and is a medium-sized brush for everyday use.
It is great for straightening the hair and helps in adding shine to it. The soft tip bristles provide gentle scalp massage ensuring ease and comfort.
- Type: Paddle brush
- It features a cushioned base that bends according to the shape of the head
- It has an ergonomically designed rubber handle for a firm grip
- It has a unique Scottish pattern and lightweight body for comfortable handling
- It promotes pain-free detangling with soft and flexible bristles
- The brush improves blood circulation by massaging with its ball-tipped bristles
- It is easy to carry in a bag while travelling
- This brush is soft on the scalp and smoothens the hair
- The air-cushioned base prevents unwanted static
- It does not come with a cleaning pin
4. Perfehair Round Hair Brush
The Perfehair round hairbrush is a wooden blowout brush with soft nylon bristles. This brush is ideal for blow-drying and suitable for short to medium hair.
The ball tipped nylon bristles are super soft and flexible that move according to your hair combing direction.
- The brush has diameters of 1.7 inches including bristles.
- It grabs hair excellently while blow-drying.
- It has a square wooden handle which is comfortable to hold and does not slip.
- The nylon ball-tipped bristles are placed at sufficient distances for air circulation and prevent hair-pulling.
- The bristles are heat resistant.
- The brush gently massages your scalp.
- Bristles are firm and do not scratch scalp harshly.
- It is quite expensive.
5. Piesome Megneic Vibra Hairbrush – best 2 in 1 hairbrush
A new product that has come to the market is the Piesome Megneic Vibra Hairbrush. The bristles of this product have soft tips that work gently on your hair.
Along with hair brushing, it could also be used as a massager to increase your blood circulation. Let us look at the other features of this product.
- The brush has soft-tipped bristles, which makes this product gentle on your hair. You do not have to worry about hair fall or damage while brushing.
- The product is versatile as it can be operated using a battery as well as an adapter. The cells are included along with the package.
- One of the significant features of this brush is the head massager that comes along with it. With a price of 1 product, you can enjoy the benefits of two.
- The size of this product is 24 cm x 5 cm.
- The product is equipped with a heavy-duty motor that makes it energy efficient and safe to use. It gets heated up less.
- It is made up of high-quality electronic components, which adds durability to it.
- A well-designed handle to hold it firmly while combing and massaging.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It is a useful product in the treatment of pain in neck and hair problems as well.
- The vibrating mode is suitable for your scalps.
- The body of the brush is made up of average quality plastic.
6. Gub USA Professionals Round Plastic Hair Brush – Best Round Brush
The GUBB USA round brush is made of plastic and comes with soft nylon bristles that ensure a soothing feel on your scalp. You can use this brush to style your hair in the comfort of your home but like a true professional.
The handle provides a secure grip while the round edges protect your hair from damage. It is the best round hairbrush on the list that is suitable for all hair types.
- It is a round hairbrush.
- Comes with soft nylon bristles that give your scalp a soothing feel.
- It is designed to include a handle.
- Suitable for all hair types.
- The rounded edges protect your hair and scalp from damage.
- The soft nylon bristles help you gently, detangle, style, and shape your hair with ease.
- Ideal for back brushing.
- Adds curls and volume to straight hair.
- The handle ensures a good grip while brushing.
- Can straighten curly and wavy hair.
- The brush was thin, and the bristles were not as soft.
7. Woolsey 100% Natural OakWood Paddle Brush – Best Styling Brush
The Woolsey 100% Natural Oakwood Brush comes with bamboo pin bristles ensure that it is soft for your hair and scalp. The brush has a light-weight design with an ergonomic handle that ensures a smooth and comfortable grip for easy use.
You do not have to worry about damage to your hair due to heat, to tear, or to pull. The brush is one of the best tools for styling your hair perfectly by straightening, creating waves and loops.
- Type: Paddle hairbrush.
- Made from Oakwood.
- The bristles are made of bamboo pins.
- Consists of nanotechnology ceramic and ionic that emits negative ions when the heat is released.
- It has a light-weight, ergonomic design with a textured one-piece handle to prevent hair catching and pulling.
- Has a soft touch for hair and scalp.
- The ergonomic handle with anti-slip design ensures easy use.
- Nano-ionic in the barrel and bristles help reduce frizz and add shine.
- Ensures healthy damage-free hair and fast styling, including straightening, creating waves, and loops.
- The ceramic cylinder is heated during blow-drying due to the air flowing freely, reducing the frizz and drying time.
- The handle of the brush was not good.
8. YaFex Durable Round PP Plastic Hair Comb Brush – The Multi-Purpose Hair Brush
The YaFex Round Hairbrush is made using PP plastic and consists of nylon bristles with ball tips that massage the scalp. It is a light-weight design that allows you to style any type of hair without hand cramps.
Its size also allows you to carry it in your purse and take it to any place.
The durable brush is a multi-purpose brush that allows you to style your hair by adding curls, waves, or blow-drying it. It prevents hair frizz. Instead, it adds shine and volume to your hair.
- Type: Round Brush.
- The brush is constructed using PP plastic.
- It consists of nylon bristles with ball tips.
- Size: 0.68 feet×0.14 feet.
- Weight: 53 grams.
- Has a light-weight design with the perfect small barrel size.
- Ensures easier styling, including quick curls and adding volume to the hair.
- The ball-tipped bristles are spaced for air circulation as they prevent pulling of the hair while gently massaging the scalp.
- The bristles help improving blood circulation on your scalp.
- The small size brush is great for travel and will fit in your purse.
- Improves the health and shine of your hair by preventing oil buildup and hair frizz.
- The light-weight design does not tire your hand or cramp it while styling.
- The quality of the plastic was not up to the mark, and the handle was loose.
9. AY Combo of Wooden Flat and Round Hair Brush – Best deal on Hair Brushes
The AY combo of a flat and round brush is a good deal to go for at a reasonable price. Both the brushes have a good design, including handles that provide a secure grip for comfortable styling or brushing of hair.
The brushes can be carried around easily because of its small size. Thus, if you are looking for a good deal, this is an ideal option.
- It is a combo of a flat and a round brush.
- It is made using high-quality plastic that resembles wood.
- It has a small size.
- The brushes are designed to include handles.
- The bristles include small ball tips.
- Easy to carry around in your purse.
- The handle ensures a secure grip for your comfort.
- Ideal for both wet and dry hair.
- The tips of the bristles give a soothing feel on the scalp.
- No negative points observed so far.
10. Franck Provost Plastic Xpert Pro France Magnesium Round Barrel Hair Brush – Best Blow-Drying Hairbrush
The Franck Provost Xpert Pro provides you with all the necessary tools you require to style your hair at home like a professional. This barrel brush is a similar tool that will help you obtain smooth and dry hair after blow-drying.
The bristles have a special coating that prevents frizz and ensures shiny hair. It keeps your long hair healthy.
- It is a round barrel blow drying brush.
- The magnesium expert hairstyling brush is suitable for very long hair.
- Hard bristles are coated with tourmaline to fight static.
- The hair bristles contain nanosilver ions.
- Size: XXL, 75 mm.
- Ensures perfectly smooth and dry hair.
- It retains heat and then diffuses it quickly and evenly for quick drying.
- Provides you with a perfect blow-dry with glossy hair and no frizz.
- The nanosilver ions in the bristles help in fighting bacteria, keeping your hair healthy.
- It is a bit expensive
11. Fully Stylish And Professional Hair Brush Set With Mirror And Stand – Best Hair Styling Kit
This is the best gift to get for someone. It is a hairstyling kit consisting of a comb, a round brush, a flat brush, a cushioned brush, and a hand mirror withstand.
The brushes are made using good quality plastic and have soft, flexible brushes that ensure smooth brushing, detangling, or combing of the hair.
The stand helps in storing the brushes conveniently after use so that you don’t have to worry about displacing them.
- Brush set includes a comb, a round brush, a flat brush, a cushioned brush, and a hand mirror withstand.
- The brushes have soft, flexible bristles with rounded tips.
- Suitable for small to medium hair.
- Material: plastic.
- The round tips on the bristles provide your scalp with a massage and a soothing effect.
- It is the perfect kit to style your hair professionally.
- Comes with a mirror and a stand to store the brushes conveniently.
- The brushes have a sturdy build.
- The quality of the product could be better.
12. Sweet Pea Professional Hairdressing Teasing Back Hair Brush – Best Teasing Brush
This is a teasing brush that comes with a long pointed handle that will help you section hair and provide haircuts along with adding volume for a hairdo. The handle ensures a secure grip for your comfort.
Moreover, the boar bristles allow you to comb and smoothen out the hair as well. It is the perfect hair styling tool available in a low budget.
- It is a combing and teasing brush.
- Has a pointy handle with a narrow head and non-slip grip.
- Suitable for all hair lengths and types.
- Ideal for backcombing.
- Bristle Type: Boar Bristles.
- The bristles reduce static, ensuring a perfect finish.
- Enables high precision cutting and styling.
- Provides height and volume to your hair.
- No negative points observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What size hairbrush should I use?
There are various sizes of hairbrushes available, and not using the right one can make your hair get stuck between the bristles of those brush, which could lead to hair fall and damage. For short hair, a brush, which is 2o-30mm in diameter brushes, can be used.
For medium-length hair(shoulder length), you can use a brush that is 35-45mm in diameter. For long hair, a brush of diameter 50-70mm in diameter is apt.
2. Which comb is best for thin hair?
A Vented Round Brush or a Boar Bristle Brush is perfect for thin hair.
3. How often should you change your hairbrush?
It depends on how often do you use it and the quality of the brush. Generally, a comb should last from 6 months to 1 year.
4. Is it better to use a brush or comb?
A comb is a better option if you want to treat your hair gently. If you want to control it during styling, you have to use a brush.
The best styling method is using a comb to detangle your hair and a brush to style your hair while blow-drying.
5. How often should you clean your brush?
Cleaning your brush is very important to keep your hair clean and germ-free. Thus, clean your hairbrush once every week for healthy and lustrous hair.
6. How do you clean your hairbrush?
The first step of maintaining a clean hairbrush is to remove the hair clogged to the brush. You can then use shampoo and water to remove any unwanted oils and dirt.
Add a pump of shampoo to the roots of the bristles and scrub it using an old clean toothbrush. This is followed by washing it with water.
7. How often should you replace your hairbrush?
You should replace your brush if you see the bristles are frayed. It also depends on the quality of the brush.
You can continue using a brush for over a year if it is in good condition.
8. Why is a wooden brush considered a good option for frizzy hair?
A wooden brush creates less static than plastic brushes. This helps in taming the messiest and frizzy hair to get a much more smooth outcome.
It also helps in collecting the natural oils from your scalp and distributing all over your hair for a more nourished look.
Hairbrushes are the essential hair accessories that ensure healthy, smooth, and groomed hair. This article provides an insight into the types of hairbrushes designed for specific uses.
However, choosing the right hairbrush could be a bit confusing for buyers.
For this reason, we have provided a buyer’s guide that explains all the necessary factors you should consider before making a buy. We have also provided detailed reviews of the list of top 10 hair brushes for you to choose from.
If you are looking for a detangling hairbrush, go for our choice- the Roots Wotta Brush Detangling Hair Brush. On the other hand, the FOK Rectangular Cushion Paddle Hair Brush is the best option for a paddle brush.
Choose the best brush based on your hair type and your requirement. We hope you find the ideal hair brush for your hair after reading this article.