The Best Body Massagers – Review and Buying Guide
A body massager is a machine that you can use to massage your body. It is normally handheld and flexible, in a way that you can be able to reach all corners of your body easily.
It is a great new appliance that ensures you get a regular massage on your body almost every day. There are different types of body massage machines, such as Face massager, Foot massager, or Leg massager, but why get it separately when you can get a full body massage from one device itself.
Now, massage therapy is very important. It may not have been in the past because people did not understand the benefits of a regular massage, but it is now.
The only problem with a massage is that, in order to receive all or some of the benefits from it, you need to have it regularly, but people are generally very busy and they rarely ever have the time to go to a massage parlor, and therefore it is not something they tend to do regularly.
The funny thing is that the need for a massage is derived from the fact that we are very busy. Our busy schedules often leave us tired, stressed, and sick at times.
The pressures of everyday life are also not good for our bodies because it leads to anxiety, high blood pressure, and other conditions that we are at times not even aware of.
About 70% of all human problems are derived from stress. If you can be able to eliminate stress from your life, you can be much healthier.
This article has everything you need to know before buying a massage machine for a body like the benefits of massage machine, the buying guide, 11 best body massager machines, and answers to the frequently asked questions.
Top 11 Best Body Massage Machines in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Our Top Pick
Quality on a Budget
Cervical Neck Shoulder & Back Pain Relief
Best for Muscle Relaxation
Best with Heating feature
Best for Everyday long-term use
Best for full body massage
Best for the Back and Legs
Ideal for the whole body
Best with Heating Effect
What Is Massage Therapy and Why Do You Need It Often?
Massage therapy is the manipulation of your body, which includes the tissues, the joints, the ligaments, and the tendons. It applies pressure on them in order to help them relax, eliminate stress, and also stretch the tight muscles.
It is recommended that you get a massage regularly, preferably once a week, so you can be able to receive all that it has to offer. Here are some of the benefits of getting a regular massage.
It helps manage your anxiety and stress:
Regardless of the type of work you do, stress is very popular. Most people suffer from stress and anxiety, and medication does not always work. It is better to manage this with massage because this is the manipulation of your whole body—the muscles, the joints, etc.
Whenever you get a massage, your body releases 3 chemicals; endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin. These are what we call the ” feel-good chemicals” In fact, this is what you find in anti-depressants.
At the end of the massage, you will tend to feel more relaxed, happy, and stress-free. This is why regular massage is a good idea.
It rejuvenates and relaxes your muscles:
The massage will effectively deal with your sore muscles. If you sit on your desk all day long or do some strenuous job, your muscles suffer more than you know. Having a regular massage will go a great way in eliminating the soreness and help you feel much better.
Also, most people do carry tension and stress on their necks and backs. These muscles require special treatment, and massage therapy is highly recommended. A nice deep tissue massage will work wonders on your back and neck.
It increases your blood flow and circulation:
In order for you to function properly, your body organs require oxygen. One of the benefits of massage is that it helps to stimulate your blood flow, and provides oxygen and other necessary nutrients to your muscles.
This will also help relieve pains in your body because the organs are not working extra to receive what they need.
It helps with your sleep:
Lack of sleep is one of the most common problems with adults. Most people constantly find themselves suffering from insomnia, where they do not sleep almost all night long. This is mostly attributed to stress and anxiety.
Sleep is extremely important for your overall well-being. You must sleep to function properly, to think clearly, and even to be healthy.
Whenever you get a massage, your body releases serotonin. This is the chemical that helps you sleep better and wake up rejuvenated in the morning. Also, regular massage helps release the neurotransmitters that keep you asleep for the right amount of time.
It will help improve your mood:
Other than helping you feel less stressed and anxious, having a regular massage will always keep you in a good mood.
The reason behind this is what we already mentioned above. When you get a massage, your body releases the “feel good” chemicals dopamine and endorphins, and these naturally make you feel happy all the time.
Probably due to the fact that you are not stressed anymore.
Helps with Fibromyalgia condition:
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition where you feel pain all over your body. It can be a very stressful problem and leads to other conditions such as mood swings, lack of sleep, flu-like symptoms, and excessive fatigue.
A good massage can go a long way in helping you with this. It will massage your muscles and deal with the tightness, which as a result, will cause you to feel less pain and also help you sleep better at night.
Gives you relief from migraines:
If you constantly suffer from migraines, then your life must be pretty hard. This condition can seriously paralyze anyone and make you sad, stressed, and anxious.
What the massage does is to help you calm down. Once you are calm, you will tend to be less anxious and as a result, the migraines and headaches will disappear.
Lack of enough sleep is also a factor that leads to migraines, and once you sort out this problem, you will find that most of the conditions you are experiencing will disappear.
Deals with Back, neck, and shoulder pains:
Research shows that the leading cause of disability is back pain, and one in every 10 people suffers from back pain. It, however, doesn’t come alone, it is normally accompanied by the neck and shoulder pains almost always.
A good massage manipulates the muscles around your neck and back in order to provide lasting relief from these conditions.
Makes you more creative:
When you receive a massage regularly, it will help clear your mind, release stress and tension, and also leave you pain-free. This is directly linked to the release of the good hormones into your body.
When you eliminate some of these problems, then you will find yourself with more time in your hands to think about your job and as a result, you tend to be more creative and your output will also increase at work.
With all of these benefits, it is very important to have a regular massage. A body massager is a great way of ensuring you get one, even, after each working day.
Buying Guide for Body Massager Machine
Finding the best massager can be quite a daunting task, as you may not know which one to buy, or which is the best. With this buying guide, we are going to tell you what to look for when buying a body massager, and the features that will make it the best;
1. Massage technique:
Each body massager has its own massage technique, and so, you will need to do thorough research in order to find one that incorporates what you are looking for. Here are some of the techniques on offer and what you shall probably find in the market.
Shiatsu – This is a Japanese word that means “figure pressure.” It is the gentle manipulation and stretching of the muscles with enough pressure so as to relieve the tension and help with blood circulation and relaxation.
Tapping: This is a gentle technique. It is normally performed for a short period before you can move on to the next massage sequence. It is ideal for small areas of your body e.g. the neck, the back, and the calves.
It can be done in 2 ways;
Constant tapping where there is a steady rhythm, and variable tapping where the speed rhythm goes up and down in a gentle wave. It can also be done in percussive tapping which is the sudden bursts in terms of speed. It can be high or low at times.
Kneading: This is applying pressure to the superficial and deep tissues in order to treat the tightness in your muscles. This will decrease pain and make you more flexible. It also breaks down and realigns your collagen fibers.
This is a very therapeutic massage procedure that is very effective in managing stress and anxiety.
Knocking: In this technique, there is a repeated application of pressure using a known motion. This is done continuously and in short pulses in order to help you relax your sore muscles.
Now different body massagers offer different massage techniques, and once you understand which one offers what, you can be able to make a more informed decision.
The shiatsu method, however, is one of the best and we would recommend a body massager that incorporates that technique.
2. Heat therapy:
This has got to be one of the best ways of relaxing after a long day at work. It helps deal with aches and pains, and also is very effective in the treatment of stiff and sore muscles.
It is one of the features that come with somebody massagers, so, you will have to look for one that offers this.
Benefits of heat therapy:
Helps with sore muscles as a result of exercising:
If you exercise regularly, it is recommended that you soak your body in a hot water bath, to help with your sore muscles. Now, if you do not want to do that, a good body massager with the heat feature will help you greatly.
Helps with muscle knots:
This causes you to have dull pain all over your body. With proper heat therapy, the knots in your muscles will start to unravel and you will feel much better, more relaxed, and comfortable.
Heat therapy, when applied to the whole body will help your muscles relax and as a result, it will eliminate the pain that you constantly feel.
Find a body massager that has this feature, as it will go a long way in keeping your body in the order it should be.
3. Adjustable speed:
A good body massager should allow you to adjust the speed of the massage. This means that you can either choose it to be high, low or medium. Without this feature, you may not be able to customize the massage to your exact need at the time you are having your massage.
4. Attachment heads:
Now, these massagers come with a number of attachments and accessories. Each normally has its own functions and it is important to know what will be available and how each is used.
Here’s what to expect;
A kneading massage head – This will help you choose the deep tissue massage or the kneading technique.
Wide massage head – This offers a soothing massage. It is not ideal for deep tissue massage, so just use it when you want the massage to be slow and gentle.
Scrapper head – This is for the skin, and it will help your skin look and feel much better. It normally removes the dead cells from your skin and leaves you looking much healthier.
It is also effective at stimulating the blood circulation around your skin and as a result, there is an increase in blood flow that will leave you glowing.
Scalp massage head – This is for when you need to massage your scalp. It helps give a relaxed and comfortable feeling on your head.
Choosing a body massager that comes with some of these features will go a long way in helping you customize your massages according to your needs.
A good body massager should be handheld. This is because it will allow you to reach areas of your body that no other massage therapy can reach.
In addition to this, it should also be lightweight. This makes it possible for you to hold it for long periods of time as you do your massager, and it makes it highly portable which means that you can be able to carry it along wherever you go and do your massage at any time.
This is yet another factor that determines the functionality of the body massaging machine. When it comes to body massagers, not all products are the same. Some are in fact better than others. Here are the different designs you are likely to find;
Elongated massagers – These are excellent at reaching the hard places. They normally have a slim body which allows you to hold the handle easily. They come with only one massage head and you can freely massage any part of your body as it is within reach.
Short massagers – These are usually very easy to hold and they can comfortably reach most of your back easily. It may be difficult to reach certain high points and you may end up using both hands, so you can ensure your whole back is covered
Depending on your height, and budget, choose the type of massager that will best suit you at all times.
7. Product weight:
You must consider the weight of the massager, because if it is too heavy for you, it may not work as you desire. You should be able to lift it easily and move it around your whole body.
You may not find a very light machine because they do carry a motor for the process to be completed, but take your time and look for one that will be ergonomically designed with a good fitting handle so that even if it is a little heavy, you will still be able to hold it with ease and for a long time till you feel your massage is complete.
For ultimate relaxation, body massagers offer many different functions. A massager that allows you to adjust its intensity is most ideal because this gives you the option to customize the massage to your specific need. You can choose from soft or gentle to deep and intense.
The auto shut off is also another good feature to have in a body massager, because it allows you to set the timer and you can even sleep as the machine works on you, as you know that it will automatically shut itself off when done.
The car adapter feature will give you the freedom of enjoying your massage both in the house and while driving, which is always a great thing.
Find a body massager that has all or most of these features for maximum efficiency.
9. Long Cord:
Having a long cord is always a good thing, look for a massager with a very long cord, so you can be able to use it from anywhere in your home.
Some machines will massage you from head to toe, while others are limited to specific areas. Other options you are likely to find includes; a massage mat, a handheld massager, a scarf massager, a pillow massager, etc.
A massage mat helps you relax while sitting or lying down, pillow-shaped massagers can work on you while you lie down on your bed or couch, scarf massagers will work on your neck, and so on and so forth.
These massagers give you the freedom to decide how and when they will work on your body, so, you can be able to choose the one you like
11 Best Body Massage Machines
1. Dr. Physio (USA) Eva Cordless Rechargeable Personal Body Wand Massager Machine – Our Top Pick
Dr. Physio has been providing us with great products that can help us relive our tensed muscles right in the comfort of our home. They offer all sorts of massagers and one such massager that here we are talking about is Dr. Physio Eva body wand massager.
This is a great body massager, that helps relieve the body tension and offers some very intense massage therapy for the whole body.
- Vibration with flexibility: It offers an intense vibration technique. The head of the massager vibrates at a high speed, and this will stimulate your lymph movements and work on your cardiovascular health.
- Relaxes your body muscles: it helps to reduce your muscle pain. In addition, it reduces stiffness quickly. When used on your feet, neck, legs, shoulders, and back, it will stimulate the production of the natural lubricants needed for muscle growth and development.
- It is rechargeable: This means that you do not have to use it while plugged in. You can simply charge it and use it whenever you want to use it, and from wherever you are.
- It also has a very powerful battery that can be charged even on a USB port. This makes it ideal for traveling as it ensures you are never stranded.
- Multiple speed modes: It has 8-speed settings and over 20 vibration modes. You can easily switch from one to the other depending on your need. This gives you the freedom to customize your massage as per the needs you have.
- Water resistant: it comes with a water-resistant covering of silicon that allows you to use it even in water.
- Low noise: it is very quiet in its operation and you will rarely be bothered by the noise.
- Very easy to use.
- Makes use of the effective acupressure technique.
- Ideal for anyone to use.
- Has over 20 vibration modes.
- Portable and lightweight.
- The vibrations can be very strong so be careful.
2. Lifelong LLM27 Electric Handheld Full Body Massager (Brown) – Quality on a Budget
Lifelong is known for its premium quality products. They have a huge range of products from kitchen appliances, home appliances to personal grooming. Here we are taking a look at Lifelong handheld massager.
This is an excellent body massager that is also handheld. It is perfect for a full body massage because it can easily reach any part of your body freely.
- Superior performance – It not only helps to relax and rejuvenate your muscles, but it also helps you exercise effectively. If you especially sit or stand for too long, this is an excellent machine to help your body exercise.
- Excellent design – It is not only a beautiful machine, but it has been engineered for comfort. It has unique rapid rotations that provide a very powerful massage technique to get rid of aches and pains. This also provides a very relaxing massage that can soothe your nerves as well as your body.
- Portable machine- The machine is lightweight and can easily be carried from one place to another easily. This is because it is compact and lightweight. You can also be able to work for long hours on your body since it is not too heavy.
- Helps to loosen muscles. The vibrations help to increase the temperature of soft tissues and as a result they stimulate the muscles and encourage blood flow.
- Powerful motor: This machine has a very powerful motor which is also extremely intense. It is made of a pure copper wire that is engineered to increase the efficiency of the machine and also for optimal generation of heat.
- It helps to eliminate pain and tension in your body, especially the back and the neck, plus, tightness on your muscles. This goes a long way in getting rid of discomfort in your whole body.
- Alleviates pain in the body
- Reasonably priced.
- Works on your pressure points to give a full body massage.
- Ideal for everyone.
- Easy to use.
- It is a little intense so be careful.
3. Caresmith Charge Percussion Massage Gun
Caresmith charge massage gun is a hand-held body massager.
It is effective for a deep tissue body massage for pain relief. The massager comes with six specialized heads for every need.
- The massager has a fully rubberized non-slip handle for better grip.
- It has a built-in LCD that reflects the charge left in your device and displays the intensity level you are at to treat your muscle aches.
- Powerful 12V supply.
- It comes with six massage heads – ball, wedge, fingertip, dampener, thumb, and fork – for a deep muscle treatment.
- The charge comes with a formidable 12.6V, 24W High Torque Motor, which can generate up to 3300 strokes per minute.
- The device comes with a 2500 mAH Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, which can last up to 5 hours on a single charge.
- The product can be adjusted for types of 20 massage intensity with the one-button operation—for instance, 1800 RPM for a warm-up and 2200 RPM for facial relaxation.
- It is lightweight as compared to a plastic body massager and is easy to handle.
- The massager has state-of-the-art noise reduction technology with no buzzing sound.
- It comes with a strong carry case for you to take along anywhere.
- Great for overall body massage, including delicate areas such as neck, hips, thighs, abdominals, and palm.
- The massager is cordless.
- No negative point was found.
4. Dr Physio (USA) Body Massagers – Cervical Neck Shoulder & Back Pain Relief
Dr Physio USA is known for making products which are for the wellbeing and care for users. One such product manufactured by them is the Electric Heat Shiatsu Machine Body Massagers. If you are in pain and stress, just apply this product and you would feel relaxed and easy. Use this product on your back, shoulders, feet and so on. Let us look at all the features of this product.
- It provides the correct amount of pressure to those areas with the help of 8 heating nodes which are capable of providing cradle and support to the muscles.
- The Infrared light gives warm and comforting heat which relives your muscles from tension and stress.
- The product would not start working if it is not plugged well or it generates more heat than required.
- The body massager is made up of breathable net and the inner side is soft which makes you more comfortable.
- Comes with a car charger and a normal charger along with it.
- To provide safety to the users, the massager reaches a maximum temperature of 40-degrees which prevents your skin from getting burnt in any case.
- This deep muscle relaxer could be used to add heat and intensity to those hard-to-reach muscle groups where you are suffering pain and inflammation.
- This product is one of the best ways in which you can heal injuries or pain. It uses a bi-direction movement that mimics the same way as a person is massaging you. With the massage coupled with deep heat to the injured area, you will feel relaxed soon.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry.
- It is very easy to operate the massager. There is an on/off button along with heat settings. You can change the direction of it according to your wish.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty and it can be extended for another 6 months by registering on their website within 15 days of purchase.
- The heat is not warm enough for the massage.
5. Lifelong LLM36 Powerful Double Head Body Massager – Best for Muscle Relaxation
Another great product by Lifelong that has made it our list is, Lifelong double head massager. Now this is a great machine for your muscles. It offers lasting relief from pain and other problems that may be associated with your muscles.
- It is best suited for muscle relaxation and rejuvenation and not the bones. The vibration tapping technique will not harm your muscles. You can, therefore, use it effectively on your whole body, and the settings allow you to adjust the pressure at any time.
- It is a hand-held machine with a non-slip rubber that is best suited for pain and stiffness.
- It comes with a dual-head feature and 3 pairs of adjustments that will help you target the body parts you want. In addition, the vibration can be adjusted to your needs. Be careful when dealing with wet body parts, or parts that are moist.
- It works on your pressure points: The human body normally has over 30 pressure points that relate to your various organs. When you massage these pressure points, it releases hormones that help relax and calm your body.
- It makes use the of rubbing and tapping techniques to manipulate the muscles. This technique helps to manipulate the tendons and the muscle ligaments in order to reduce stress, stiffness, and pain. This will also help improve your body.
- Uses friction to loosen up your muscles.
- Comes with 3 massage heads for better results.
- Can be used on all areas of your body.
- Helps with muscle rejuvenation.
- Easy to use.
- Has a non-slip handle.
- Reasonably priced.
- It is only ideal for the muscles and not the bones.
6. HealthSense HM270 Dual-Pro Electric Handheld Percussion Body Massager – Best with Heating feature
This incredible body massager from Health Sense may be a little more expensive compared to the others in this category, but it is one of the best machines you shall find for this price range. It also comes packed with lots of features.
- Powerful motor: The motor is extremely intense and powerful. It is made of a pure copper wire that is engineered to increase the efficiency of the machine and also the for optimal generation of heat.
- Twin brace handles: It comes with 2 handles, which makes it extremely convenient and easy to use. You can comfortably glide it over your body and apply the right pressure to the muscles. This handle is also ergonomically designed for comfort.
- Great design and build: Looking at the machine, it is very beautiful. In addition, it is heat resistant and lightweight, so you can be able to carry it along wherever you go as it is not heavy. The finish is made of satin mat material, which makes it very elegant.
- Heat feature: This has got to be the most important aspect of this body massager. The heat feature. It makes use of infra-red technology to heat up. All you need to do is push a button and voila! Your entire body is nice and warm.
- Dual node system: This makes use of 2 vibrating systems that target large areas at the same time. This gives a very satisfying experience.
- Elongated cord: The cord is nice and long for convenience. It measures 1.8 meters.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with multiple heads.
- Heating functions is great.
- Perfect for muscle relaxation.
- Has a powerful motor.
- It is a bit heavy.
7. Lifelong LLM45 Rechargeable Tapping Body Massager – Best for Everyday long-term use
Lifelong products have gained a lot of popularity in recent years. From juicers to hair straightener all of its products are of great quality. One such product by lifelong that here we are reviewing is Lifelong tapping body massager. This Lifelong massager is an excellent body massager from Lifelong that offers a wealth of benefits to your body.
- Rechargeable battery:It comes with a Li-Ion battery and a charging cable that allows you to charge it in advance and hence you do not need to have a very long cord. This also makes it highly portable.
- Compact design: It is not only a beautiful machine but also one that is just the right size. This means that it is not too heavy for your hands, and you can be able to hold it for a long time as you deal with your entire body.
- Multiple massage heads: You will find over 3 interchangeable massage heads for a better massage experience. Each head focusses on a specific muscle group and ensures maximum comfort and relaxation.
- Betters your life: This specific massager targets all of your body muscles, and helps to improve your blood circulation. The technique it uses is very therapeutic and relaxing.
- Engineered for continuous use: It is made with high-quality materials, which ensures that you can be able to use it for a long period of time and it will not fail you in any way.
- Helps to eliminate stress.
- Perfect for the whole body.
- Improves the quality of your life.
- It is durable and long-lasting.
- Has a rechargeable battery.
- The charging adapter may need to be replaced often.
8. HealthSense HM210 Toner-Pro Electric Handheld Percussion Body Massager (Royal Grey) – Best for full body massage
This is an excellent body massager that helps you to tone, rejuvenate and relax. When used often, it can be able to help get rid of body pains and any discomfort in your muscles. One of the best full body massage machine.
- Powerful motor: The motor is made of pure copper, which makes it very powerful. It also has a high energy efficiency and a prolonged life span for superior performance.
- Speed regulator: It comes with a knob that allows you to regulate the speed of the machine easily. You can also use this to set the desired intensity levels of the machine. The speed ranges from 1300-2700 RPM.
- ABS built: It is made with high-quality materials that are skin friendly. This is the ABS plastic and also included is the TPR material that adds durability, heat resistance and strength.
- Red LED: It has a circle of 8 red LED lights that help to increase the blood circulation and also enhances the effect of the massage. This benefits your skin cells and also works as an anti-aging component.
- Mesh cover: It has a protective mesh cover that is skin friendly and very soft. This works to avoid hair entanglements and provides added comfort during the massage therapy.
- Elongated cord: The cord measures 1.6m. long. This works great in helping you choose any massage area that you want as it is not limiting.
- Ergonomic Handle: The handle is designed ergonomically for comfort, and also includes a non-slip grip that is perfect for prolonged massaging. It can also accommodate any hand sizes and promotes easy movement.
- Microfiber massage head – It comes with 4 attachment heads for a more specialized massage session. These work great on your face and abdomen. They also help with weight loss management.
- Helps rejuvenate sore muscles.
- Will alleviate pain in your body
- Ideal for stress relief.
- Helps with your blood circulation,
- Perfect for people with arthritis.
- The handle is not too long.
9. Dr Physio Electric Full Body Massager – Best for the Back and Legs
A massager is a must in today’s world and Dr. Physio understands that and has been providing us with top-class massagers, massage chairs and much more. Here we are taking a look at Dr. Physio’s full-body electric massager. This excellent body massager from Dr, Physio helps you to relax at any time and from anywhere.
- 3 Massaging heads – It comes with 3 very strong massaging heads that are interchangeable. This will ensure you enjoy the massage better, and these also provide a deep tissue massage that works on speeding up muscle recovery.
- Helps to burn fat – You can also use it for weight loss. When used on specific areas of your body that you are concerned about, it can burn up the fat. You don’t need to do any exercises.
- Strong motor – This is one of the best investments you will make in your life. It comes with a very fast motor that ensures you do the massage therapy very quick and start to realize the results in just a few days.
- Full body massage – It is also designed for the whole body which means that you can use it on any part of your body and at any time. It is also lightweight and enables you to hold it for long so you can work on any part that has a problem.
- Fabric covering- It has a proactive fabric covering that allows you to unzip easily and clean it. You can also be able to replace it incase it becomes old and worn out. Always keep the massager well covered so you can protect it and enable it to last longer.
- Skin tightening – It also works as an anti-wrinkle machine and helps your skin to tighten.
- Shiatsu massage – It offers this great massage technique that works on applying pressure on specific areas of your body in order to relieve tension and stress.
- Works on your whole body.
- Improves your sleep patterns.
- Regulates your blood flow.
- Eliminates pain and tension.
- Ideal for muscle grown.
- Reasonably priced
- The massager is a little heavy.
10. Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless Massager – Ideal for the whole body
This body massager offers you the benefits of a deep and penetrating percussion massage. It is handheld and pleasantly lightweight, which means that you will not have any trouble with long massages.
- 6 massage attachments: This will definitely impress you. It comes with 6 detachable heads, and each has its own unique purpose; These include;
- 6 head sticks – This will give strong and powerful strokes that deeply penetrate the tissues and muscles. it is perfect for a sports massage.
- An air cushion stick – this is perfect for kneading and massaging the sensitive tissues.
- A scalp massager – this is perfect for the scalp massage, and it helps improve the blood circulation.
- A body massager oil stick – You can use this with body creams and other oils to help soothe the skin.
- Facial massage stick – this is perfect for the face.
- Point stick – this is great for acupressure massage and it efficiently alleviates pain on your neck and shoulders.
- Cordless use: This massager does not require to be plugged into a power source for it to function. You only need to charge it and it is good to go. This gives you the freedom to use it anytime and anywhere you want, plus you can even travel efficiently with it.
- Powerful motor – It has a very powerful motor that is able to function fast and for long periods of time.
- Massage techniques- This machine has the ability to do the following massages; Swedish, deep tissue, and acupressure.
- It is actually used by fitness experts, chiropractors and massage therapists to offer the best care when it comes to your body.
- Easy to use
- Helps alleviate pain in your body.
- It is used by many professionals.
- It is cordless.
- Has a powerful motor.
- Ideal for the whole body.
- Comes with 6 massage heads.
- It is very expensive.
11. HoMedics HHP-350 Percussion Action Massager – Best with Heating Effect
This body massager makes use of the percussion massage therapy which is considered to be one of the best and the most efficient kneading techniques. This is because it takes over all of the tension and discomfort from your body.
- Speed and intensity control – The massager comes with many speed and intensity settings that allows you to customize the massage to your immediate need. This involves pushing buttons in order to choose the one you want.
- Massage heads – It has 2 interchangeable massage heads that make use of different massage techniques in order to achieve the overall body health. This also makes it easy for different people to choose what they like.
- Speed variability – This is one of the best features. You can actually be able to change the speed settings right in the middle of your massage. Again, if you decide to change the massage area, the machine allows this freedom.
- Heating effect – This is one of the best features in this massager, the heating element. This allows you to heat up your body as you massage it. As a result, it helps to relieve muscle tension and also improves your blood circulation.
- Ergonomic and easy to use handle – It comes with a very comfortable handle that you can hold and massage your whole body with ease.
- High-speed machine.
- Comes with 2 interchangeable heads.
- Speed can be variable and interchangeable.
- Has the heating element.
- It is a very expensive machine.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What to expect from the first massage?
During their first massage, people find it nerve-wracking and difficult to communicate to the therapist what their needs are, how much pressure should be applied, the correct temperature of the table and if the draping is comfortable or not.
If you are doing it for the first time, you would not always get what you need, you may feel some pain on the parts. Soon after your session, communicate about your experience so that it would be beneficial for the next time if needed.
2. What are the benefits of a full body massage?
A full body massage helps you in very different ways. The benefits which you get after doing a full body massage are:
- It reduces stress and gives you a feeling of relaxation.
- When the muscles get loosen, the blood circulation improves.
- If you are suffering from pain at different parts, a massage reduces it.
- It increases your body’s flexibility when it loosens the muscles.
- A perfect way of boosting your mood. You will feel more relaxed and calm.
3. In what all situation a body massager should not be used?
Proper care should be taken while you perform massaging on your body parts and these are some situations when you should not use a body massager.
- Women who are pregnant usually perform body massage to relieve pain and anxiety. But due consideration should be taken while performing it. If the massaging is not done right, it could lead to a miscarriage of the baby. It may cause uncomfortable stretching of the uterus ligaments.
- If someone is suffering from paralyzed muscles, he should not use a body massager over that part. Continuous vibration over that part could cause adverse effects to your other body parts as well as it could hinder the blood circulation too.
- If you are still recovering from some wounds caused because of accidents or burns, you should avoid using a body massager as it can increase burn and cause you more pain.
4. Exactly why is massage therapy necessary?
Massage therapy is very important for the total well-being. As humans we suffer from stress, fatigue and other conditions often, and it is important to try and alleviate these conditions before they escalate into more serious problems.
If you do not try to eliminate stress from your life, you will end up suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, etc. these are potentially life threatening and one needs to be very careful.
What massage therapy does is try to calm you down, and reduce the amount of stress you feel. The manipulation of your muscles gives you the ability to feel calm and happy and as a result you will be less stressed.
5. Who can get a massage?
Everyone can get a massage, from small children to adults and even the elderly.
There are however some conditions where massage therapy is not appropriate, and ,for that you will need to consult your doctor. Also, for very young children especially the infants you should be very careful how you do your massage because it may mess with their tissues, bones and joints.
When in doubt, always consult.
6. Is massage therapy regulated by any health professional?
Yes, for people who do it professionally known as Masseuses, they are regulated by different bodies in each country. This is a world-wide recognized profession that offers the receiver a world of benefits, such as better blood circulation, easier management of joint pains, better sleep, etc.
7. Does it hurt?
Now, when it comes to the soft tissue, which is the target of the body massage, at times it may be a little uncomfortable, but, it doesn’t really hurt as such. In fact, the more you do the massage and get used to it, the less it will hurt.
The beauty of the body massager is that it allows you to set the required settings for your massage. You can choose a soft and gentle massage if you happen to experience some discomfort and then increase the intensity as the discomfort disappears.
8. How often should I do it?
You can only be able to derive maximum results from massage therapy if you do it often. Doing it once in a while is not ideal, and therefore owning your own body massager goes a long way in increasing the frequency of the massage.
There isn’t any one specified frequency, but, the more often, the better for you. If you are in pain, then a daily routine would be ideal. If it is just for relaxation, 2-3 days a week can work for you as well.
9. How quickly does a massage work?
Now, this will depend on how severe your symptoms are, and also the last time you had a good massage.
If you are starting your massage therapy after having pain in your body for a long time, then you will need to give it time to work on you. Just like taking medication, it needs time to work. Now, persistence is the key.
Keep having your body massaged over a period of time in order to experience the benefits of a good massage.
10. What is heat therapy?
This is the ability of the machine to not only offer the massage, but also to provide heat for your body. What happens is that, the machine heats up, and as you pass it over your body, it provides this heating function, which feels very good and it warms up your entire body.
The beauty of this is that it helps to stretch out your sore muscles and also helps regulate your blood circulation in the process.
Massage therapy is extremely beneficial for your well-being, and with this guide, you will be able to find the right products for different parts of your body.
Ensure to do thorough and intense research so you can be able to acquire nothing but the best. Remember there is no cost limit to your health, so invest in something good so you can enjoy good health and also get to use it for a long period of time.