Best Multivitamin For Kids
Every growing child needs multivitamins. Multivitamins are supplements that keep the child healthy and keeps kids from any nutrient deficiencies. The multivitamin supplements usually contain essential vitamins and minerals that aid your kid’s growth. Pediatricians usually recommend parents give their kids these supplements regularly to boost their immunity and protect kids from falling ill.
When buying multivitamins, you have to keep in mind that there are special multivitamins that kids can use. You can’t administer a supplement that is for an adult. This is because different supplements are made specifically for different groups of people. It is usually advisable to consult with your child’s Paediatrician before giving any Multivitamin.
This article also has a complete buying guide, Benefits and safety tips that will help you in getting all the information under the single roof. We have a list of Top 13 Multivitamin for kids along with FAQs.
Top 13 Multivitamin For Kids in India
|Product (Best Brands)
Safety Tips When Buying Multivitamin For Kids
There are multivitamin supplements meant for only kids in the market today, and it is important that you get only the best. We have compiled some of the things you should know to safeguard your little when before buying any product.
Buy multivitamins that are easy to swallow.
Before you get any supplement, you should know that kids generally don’t like drugs. You should buy multivitamins that look appealing so they can easily ingest it. It would be best to give them chewable multivitamin tablets that taste really nice.
Check the expiry date of the drug and ensure that it has a long shelf time. The drug should have a span of up to 18 months from the date of its manufacture. Don’t purchase supplements that would soon expire.
You should get multivitamins that are made from natural components. Avoid any artificial or colored vitamins that are probably sugar-coated.
Another thing to bear in mind when buying multivitamins is the quantity. You should buy products with enough supplements to last up to a month. Make sure that the tablets in the multivitamin are plenty to avoid unnecessary spending.
Good and safe wrapping
You should buy supplements that come in proper wrapping. Some multivitamins come with the separate wrapping for each of the tablets. This is usually done to prevent the tablets from getting stuck to each other.
All kids are different, and because of that, the type of multivitamin you get would vary. The ingredients, the texture, and even the flavor vary. Most times, it is recommended that you get multivitamins that address a certain deficiency that your child has. For instance, if you notice that your kids’ diet does not include calcium, the supplement you get must be rich in calcium to make up for that lack.
If you are a parent who gives your kids only organic food and beverages, it would be best to stick with this when getting multivitamins. You will need to get organic multivitamins to include in their daily diet.
There are some kids who eat a lot and some who would barely touch their meals. It can be a tug of war, getting some kids to take vitamins or any type of medication. In such a case, it would be best for parents to buy liquid multivitamin for their kids. It is easy to administer liquid multivitamins because you can add it to their beverages and even juice.
If you would not want to get a liquid multivitamin, you can get multivitamin gummies that usually taste like candy and are easy for your child to consume.
It is necessary that you consult your child’s doctor before buying any drug. You will be able to get advice on what exactly your kid needs when you talk to an expert. Your Paediatrician will be able to advise you on what product to get and the required dosage.
Benefits of Multivitamins
Kids grow at a very fast pace, and it is necessary that they get nutrients to stay healthy. Some kids may have an underlying disease that can cause deficiencies in nutrients. Bad eating habits also tend to cause a lack of nutrients. Here are some of the benefits you get from giving your kids multivitamins.
When your kid has a bad eating habit, multivitamins play a very vital role in keeping them healthy. It is difficult to maintain a kids’ diet, especially when they have bad eating habits.
Apart from making up for any nutrients, multivitamins also have other major benefits like weight loss. Multivitamins help to curtail your kid’s appetite, especially if they have bad eating habits.
Your kids will be smart and have very good thinking abilities. Multivitamins are known to promote improved memory functions.
Improved Immune System
Multivitamins also reduce the risks of getting ill, improves your child’s immunity to prevent them from getting diseases and better cardiac health.
Now that you know the benefits of multivitamins and how to look out for the best of these supplements, we have highlighted some of the best multivitamins you can buy for your kids today.
Guide To Buying Multivitamin For Kids
When you give your kids vegetables, whole grains, dairy, fruits, and food rich in proteins, it usually contains a lot of vitamins and minerals to help them grow. However, today most of the food we eat lacks all these necessary nutrients.
You can hardly get all the nutrients your kid needs in one meal. This is because of the processed food we give our kids. Most parents prefer to buy food from fast-food restaurants, grocery stores, and online in order to give kids the lacking nutrients; multivitamins should be given to kids regularly.
There are so many new supplements in the market today. It is necessary that you know which multivitamins are the best for your kids. Here are some tips you should know that will help you choose the right multivitamin for your kids.
Top 13 Multivitamin For Kids
1. Simply Nutra Multivitamin Gummies
Simply Nutra Gummies for kids contains all the necessary nutrients kids need to stay healthy as it is made with 26 fruits and vegetables. It contains essential ingredients like folic acid, vitamin E, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12, zinc supplement, vitamin D, and vitamin D3. This multivitamin boosts children’s immune system and also helps improve their mood. It also aids concentration and improves their cardiac system.
- Simply Nutra is that it contains vitamins B, C, D, and A, which aid digestion.
- This multivitamin also works together with all its nutrients and vitamins to ensure the total well-being of your child.
- It is made from natural ingredients and does not contain any allergens.
- This product is recommended by pediatricians and is safe for your kids.
- It aids in digestion
- It is formulated to keep your child focused, healthy, happy, and healthy with nutrients that support a balanced mood.
- This multivitamin ensures a strong body and a sharp mind along with healthy eyesight
- It boosts the immune system of your child
- It has a great taste and is easy to swallow
- No such cons were observed so far
2. Super Gummy Multivitamins
Super Gummy Multivitamins are very easy to chew and are sweet. This multivitamin contains up to 16 vital vitamins and minerals to keep your child healthy every day. It is recommended for children of 3 years and above. It contains real fruit and natural color, The amount of sugar and fat is less when compared to other gummy multivitamins
- It is made from natural fruit and contains less sugar.
- It is also fat-free and safe for kids that are lactose intolerant. It is 100% plant-based and does not contain preservatives, milk nuts, gelatin, and soy.
- The Super Gummy Multivitamins are ideal for children and will keep them healthy.
- It also gives them a strong immunity and allows them to grow normally.
- This multivitamin is recommended by pedestrians for kids.
- It does not contain any allergens that will affect your kid.
- The fact that it is gluten and lactose-free makes it easy for kids to ingest, especially if they have a sensitive digestive tract.
- It provides value for money
- The flavor and taste is not appealing to many kids
3. Meadbery Multivitamin Gummies for Kids
Meadbery Multivitamin Gummies are supplements for kids who are of growing age. It has 11 essential nutrients and comes in the form of gummies for children who are selective eaters.
Kids need healthy bones and joints for being strong in their growing phase where they are more physically active. It is a pack of 30 gummy bears with vitamin D, vitamin C and Zinc.
- It has 11 essential nutrients and comes in a pack of 30
- This supplement contains vitamin D, A, E, C, and zinc
- It is composed of essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals for the overall development
- It is 100% free of artificial flavours and common allergens like dairy and gluten.
- It boosts and helps to maintain a healthy immune system
- It maintains eye health and improves it to prevent the need to wear spectacles in future
- This multivitamin promotes better mental focus and energy balance
- It has a high sugar content
- Quantity per pack is very less
4. British Life Science Happikidz –
British Life Sciences specializes in child and infant nutrition. Its products are organic, full of vitamins and nutrients to support kids’ growth. Happikidz is gummies specially designed for fussy eaters to provide overall nutrients for proper development.
- The gummies are all-natural and safe to take.
- They have a yummy strawberry flavour.
- The gummies are rich in Vitamin D and calcium that is a must for healthy and strong bones and teeth.
- It is formulated using ingredients such as Vitamin D3 that is scientifically proven to improve the immunity system.
- The product is free from chemicals, allergens, GMO, and artificial flavours.
- The gummies are easy and fun to eat.
- The product comes in a jar that makes it convenient to store.
- The gummies make a healthy alternative to unhealthy candies.
- It is free from preservatives.
- It is a 100% vegetarian product.
- The gummies are in attractive bear shape for kids to enjoy.
- No cons were observed.
5. Carbamide Forte Multivitamin Gummies
Carbamide Forte Multivitamin Gummies is a superfood with 20 premium ingredients. It includes vitamins in their most natural form for completely benefiting kids and adults.
It has probiotics, multiple vitamins and minerals and has the correct dose of vitamins suggested by the FDA for keeping your kid physically thriving all day. It has benefits for bone health, brain health and digestive health.
- It is a combination of multivitamins, multi minerals, probiotics and super foods
- This supplement is packed with 20 high potency nutrients and vitamins in their premium form
- It contains Vitamins K2-MK7, Vitamin D2 and Betacarotene which gives Vitamin A
- It also consists of ashwagandha, alfalfa and echinacea
- It has a variety of health benefits to charge kids’ health
- The consumption is easy for kids as it is fun to eat gummy bears
- It provides 100% RDA for adults as well
- These multivitamin gummies have good flavours and taste good
- It improves brain health and is an immunity booster
- No negative points observed
6. Centrum Kids Chewables Multivitamin
Centrum Kids Chewable Multivitamin is a great tasting multivitamin that is packed with essential vitamins. It contains 100% iron, vitamin C, and D. Centrum helps your kids develop a healthy body and mind. Centrum chewable multivitamins for kids contains a lot of essential nutrients such as folic acid, calcium, vitamin A, B, C, D, and K.
- The tablets are sweet tasting and chewable.
- It also comes at a great price.
- The tablets are 80 in number, and you will get value for your money.
- It is suitable for kids that are two years and older.
- It contains all the essential nutrients your kids need to grow.
- Its sweet taste makes it easy for children who are picky to chew.
- The components of this multivitamin keep your child healthy.
- It gives them good eyesight, a strong immune system, and improves their memory.
- Centrum is made from natural ingredients and does not contain any allergens that could affect your kids
7. Nutribears Multivitamin Gummies for Kids
Nutribears gummies for kids is one of the best multivitamins you can get for your child. It is packed with nutrients that your kids can hardly get from their daily dietary routine. These multivitamin chewable tablets help to boost your child’s immune and aids their growing process. It contains Vitamin A, B5, B12, C, D, E, Folic Acid, Iodine, Magnesium, and Zinc, which are very useful for every growing child.
- Vitamin A in the Nutribears supplement aids eyesight
- Your child will also get enough energy from its Vitamin B5 and B12 components.
- The nutritional composition of this supplement is all-encompassing and will keep your child healthy every day.
- The supplement does not contain any bad taste like what you will find in most vitamin tablets.
- Nutribears comes with a delicious strawberry and lemonade taste that your child will love.
- The tablets are HAACP and ISO certified, which makes it very trustable.
- They are 100% vegetarian and contains natural colors and flavors with 0 preservatives
- These multivitamins are manufactured with trusted USA technology
- They are completely free of gelatin, lactose, and gluten.
- The packaging is unique and each gummy comes in an individual pack to keep them non-sticky and fresh
8. Cipla Activkids Multivitamin Chocobites For Kids
Cipla Activkids Immuno boosters are one of the unique supplements you will find in the market today. This multivitamin helps to build your child’s immunity, and with just one choco-bite every day, they will be consuming 100% essential nutrients to keep them healthy. When you administer this supplement to your kid, it reduces stress and tiredness.
- This tasty chewable multivitamin formula is designed to provide your child with all the necessary nutrients they need to stay physically and mentally healthy.
- The multivitamins contain iron, zinc, selenium, amongst many other useful nutrients.
- It is made from natural ingredients and does not have any artificial coloring.
- The pack contains 30 chewable tablets
- The multivitamin is gluten-free and contains no preservatives.
- It also gives them enough energy to go about their day.
- It is sweet and tasty, so it won’t be difficult to get your kids to chew it.
- Cipla chewable multivitamins have been recommended by leaders in pediatric care in India.
- No such negative points were observed
9. L’il Critters Gummy Vites Complete Multivitamin
If you have a kid who doesn’t like to eat, you don’t need to worry so much about deficiencies. With the L’il Critters chewable multivitamins, you will be able to provide your kid with all the nutrients they need. The pack contains six natural flavors, and the tablets are shaped like a cute bead. The supplement contains all the necessary vitamins that will help your child remain healthy.
- You don’t need to worry about getting your child to swallow the multivitamins because they can chew it without water.
- It is suitable for kids that are six years and older.
- The multivitamin contains nutrients such as Vitamins A, B-12, B6, C, D, and E.
- The flavors found in this multivitamin include blueberry, strawberry, pineapple, cherry, orange, and lemon.
- It has no high fructose corn syrup.
- It does not contain dyes or synthetic material and is gluten-free.
- It is completely natural and safe for your kids.
- No such cons were observed
10. Healthvit Vita Kid Kid’s Multivitamin with DHA and Minerals
Healthvit multivitamin contains 60 chewable tablets. It consists of a carefully selected blend of vitamins and minerals. This supplement helps to improve your kids’ brains and aids their eyesight. When you give your kid Healthvit multivitamins, they develop a solid immune system, and it also improves their blood with the presence of iron.
- This multivitamin contains vitamin C and other useful nutrients to improve the body’s health.
- Healthvit contains an antimicrobial agent and also helps the body utilize calories.
- It is also known to protect the body’s membrane.
- It comprises 23 essential nutrients, some of which include vitamin A, C, D, B complex, E, Iron, magnesium, zinc, calcium, DHA, and Iodine.
- The chewable tablets come in the shape of cute teddy bears. It is suitable for kids that are four years old and older.
- It strengthens bones and teeth
- It improves the immunity system and also eyesights
- The taste is not very appealing to the children
11. Icare Naturals Canada Vita Kidz Gummy Multivitamin for Kids
Icare Naturals is a chewable multivitamin specially designed for kids. It comprises all the essential vitamins and minerals to support your child’s daily nutritional diet. This supplement helps to improve their body functions and improves their overall well-being.
- It protects them from infections and keeps them healthy. T
- he Icare multivitamins have proven to give kids energy and reduce stress.
- This supplement can be given to kids that are up to 6 years and older.
- The multivitamin is made from fruits and vegetables.
- It also contains citrus fruits that give it its sweet-tasting appeal.
- Icare chewable multivitamins are great for your kids as they do not contain any allergens or gluten.
- It has been tested and is compliant with medical requirements.
- It is safe for use and will provide your kid with all the nutrients they need.
- Little expensive
12. BOONS Chewable Multivitamins for Kids
Boons chewable multivitamins are a tasty supplement for your kids. It helps to improve brain functions and also boost their immunity. This multivitamin contains a lot of useful nutrients, including iron for hemoglobin formation. Boons had been clinically tested and are recommended by the Indian Council of Medical Research.
- The multivitamin contains 15 essential micronutrients which are Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, C, D3, E, Iron, Zinc, and Iodine.
- The supplement has a rich composition of vitamins A, C, E, and also contains zinc, which is for immune boosting.
- You will find 30 chewable tablets that come in bear shape.
- It contains very less sugar and hence fewer chances of cavity
- It is allergy-free, gelatin-free and GMO-free
- The vitamin B complex contained in this multivitamin improves cellular metabolism.
- The supplement also contains iodine, which improves brain functions.
- The supplement is specially designed for Indian kids. It is gluten-free and allergen-free.
- It helps in hemoglobin formation and cognitive development
- The flavor tastes similar to medicine
13. Nutrazee Complete Multivitamin Vegetarian Gummies
Nutrazee Multivitamin Gummies are great for kids and recommended by pediatricians in India. The gummies are chewable and delicious. They are packed with a wide range of vitamins and nutrients. The Nutrazee multivitamins are orange flavored and come in a bear shape to fascinate kids.
- The delicious tasting multivitamin contains essential vitamins such as vitamins A BC, D, and E.
- It helps improve your kid’s eyesight and boosts their immunity.
- The vitamins also help your kids’ cardiac functions, and even vitamin B6 will improve the health of their mind or brain functions.
- Nutrazee contains Vitamin C that helps to absorb iron and also fights infection.
- Its calcium component breaks down food to energy.
- This supplement can easily be administered to kids who are selective of food.
- It also helps to correct the deficiencies they lack in their diet.
- The multivitamin is gluten-free and lactose-free.
- It is strictly vegetarian and does not contain any eggs or nuts.
- No such cons were observed
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a lot of questions parents ask when it comes to administering multivitamins. We can’t put out all the questions, which could be a bit overwhelming. In this guide, we have, however, compiled the basic questions that will guide you on what to buy and the supplements you should avoid.
1. Do my kids need vitamins?
Many doctors may tell you that children don’t need to get vitamins, especially for kids that are healthy and grow normally. If your kids eat well and have access to different types of meals, they would probably get all the nutrients they need from their diet. This, however, does not apply to kids that are very picky. If you have a kid that refuses to eat, it will best to talk to your Paediatrician. Normally, the doctor will recommend you get multivitamins for your child.
2. What do you look for in multivitamins?
Multivitamins usually vary, especially for kids. There are basically two groups of multivitamins for kids. The one that comes with an iron and the multivitamin without iron. It is better to buy multivitamins that contain no more than 100% of the required nutrients for your child. It should have nutrients like Vitamin A, E, and K, which should be within a 100% daily value. Vitamin C, which is a water-soluble vitamin and fat-soluble Vitamin D, can exceed the 100% daily value. This is because most kids are deficient in these vitamins, and even Vitamin D is not toxic except if you take it in excessively high dosage.
3. What type of vitamins do my kids need?
There are so many multivitamins in the market today, and it can be a tough decision to make when choosing one. Thankfully for this guide, you now have a lot of options to choose from that would be great for your kid. All of them are natural and come with no preservatives. They are 100% organic and not contain any allergens that will affect your kid.
Multivitamins are essential for your kids, and now that you know the best multivitamin supplements that your kids need, it won’t be difficult to make a choice. However, before you make any purchase, it is important that you consult with your Paediatrician so you can discuss which vitamins your child needs.
If you want your child to enjoy the many benefits of multivitamins, it is important that you give them any of the multivitamins mentioned in this guide. These supplements are 100% natural and do not contain any allergens. You won’t need to struggle with your kids to get them to take their multivitamins because they are chewable.
In fact, you would be surprised that they will always look forward to the natural flavored tasty supplements all the time. It is also important that you follow the prescriptions as directed all the time to avoid any complications.