Top 8 Tampons
Tampons have indeed come a long way despite the myths and misconceptions people have regarding menstruation and products related to it. Progression of time has broadened the mindset of people allowing us to now openly talk about this natural phenomenon that takes place every month in a woman’s life.
Tampons are feminine hygienic products that are inserted inside the vagina to absorb the menstrual blood. They offer complete leak-proof protection preventing stains and odor while ensuring your comfort at all times. These products are easy to use and are recommended to be helpful during periods so that you never have to compromise on physical activities.
Here in this article, we discuss the benefits of using a tampon, the difference between a tampon and a sanitary pad and we also explain how to insert a tampon. This is followed by a comprehensive buyer’s guide and the top 8 tampons available in Amazon along with their links, which will help you find the ideal choice of tampons, especially if you are a first time user. We also provide an FAQ section towards the end of the article to help you know more about this product.
Top 8 Tampons
The Ready to Use Tampons
Best Applicator Tampon
Cost Effective Tampons
The All Round Protector
The Safest Tampons
Easy to Insert Tampons
Best Super Plus Tampons
Benefits of Using a Tampon
Tampons serve to be a lifesaver for a woman during menstruation. They are small in size and easy to insert into your vagina so that you remain well protected from stains and odor for up to 6-8 hours, depending on your flow type. These products are available in sizes or types based on your flow type i.e., Regular for normal blood flow, Super for heavy bleeding, and Super Plus for very heavy bleeding. You can easily carry them in your handbag with discretion and use it conveniently when required.
Tampons are made with super absorbent fibers that are capable of absorbing the menstrual blood so that you get 100% complete leak-proof protection. When inserted correctly, you will not even feel its presence, ensuring comfort and zero sensation. Thus, this is a very useful product and is widely used by athletes, dancers, and swimmers as it can be used even during swimming, sports, or while performing any other physical activity.
Hence, we see that tampons are beneficial as they allow you to perform any and every task with ease and comfort. However, it is always recommended to change your tampons within 6-8 hours as leaving it for too long would lead to a severe condition known as Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Difference Between a Tampon and a Sanitary Pad
Tampons and Sanitary pads are both feminine hygienic products made using absorbent fiber to absorb menstrual blood. However, they differ in many ways, especially in their design and way of use. A sanitary pad is similar to a panty liner, except a panty liner is much thinner. These pads are stuck on to the underwear to absorb the blood during a woman’s period. On the other hand, a tampon is smaller, shaped like a barrel, and designed to resemble the shape of the vaginal canal after insertion into the vagina.
Unlike tampons, sanitary pads require changing every 2-4 hours depending on the flow type, and they give you a wet sensation. Tampons, on the other hand, require significantly less change and are far more comfortable than pads as they ensure zero sensation when it comes to witnessing. When inserted correctly, you do not even feel a tampon allowing you to carry on with all your physical activities, including swimming, dancing, going to the gym, etc. which is not feasible while wearing a sanitary pad.
Moreover, a sanitary pad also does not offer 100% leak-proof protection and may cause stains and odor. However, it is not associated with Toxic Shock Syndrome, as we see in case of tampons.
How to Insert a Tampon?
- Wash your hands with soap and water. This is followed by removing the wrapper from the tampon as directed in the tampon pack. Ensure that the string is secure so that you can remove it easily.
- Relax and get into a comfortable position. You may squat, put one leg above the toilet seat, or sit on the toilet seat by spreading your legs apart. However, you must relax and take a deep breath so that you can insert the tampon with ease.
- The next step involves finding your vaginal opening using your hand.
- Now using your other hand, insert the tampon in a 45-degree angle using your finger or applicator depending on the type you have. Push the tampon deep inside the vaginal canal till you can no longer feel it. Then remove the applicator or finger.
- The tampon can be removed by pulling the string. Then dispose of the tampon by putting it back into the re-seal wrapper. Never flush down the applicator or tampon.
Tampons are available in different types and sizes from which you can choose, depending on your requirement. It is important to choose a size based on your flow type. The sizes include mini for light bleeding, Regular for normal flow, Super for heavy flow, and Super Plus for very heavy flow. If you are a first-time tampon user, the recommended option would be the regular size, and then you could switch to the Super or Super Plus size.
Leak Proof Protection
The tampon should be super absorbent so that it absorbs the menstrual fluid efficiently. This offers complete leak-proof protection up to 6-8 hours following which you need to change the tampon. The 100% leak-proof protection will prevent stains on clothes and provide you freedom from menstrual odor so that you can continue with all your physical activities without any worry.
Secure and Comfortable Fit
The tampon should be of suitable size with a smooth tip so that you can insert it easily for it to take the shape of the vaginal canal. This prevents the tampon from slipping off, ensuring a secure fit that keeps you well protected from stains while also ensuring comfort. A comfortable fit will also enable you to perform all physical activities conveniently, including swimming, dancing, going to the gym, or playing a sport.
Going for an applicator tampon makes its insertion a faster and convenient task. The applicator should be made using non-toxic plastic and should come with a clean grip so that you get a secure hold while inserting the tampon inside.
The tampon should be made using super absorbent layers of fabric interwoven together with a smooth tip and curved technology that prevents the fibers from splitting. A combination of rayon and cotton will help in absorbing the menstrual blood efficiently. Hence, ensuring 100% leak-proof protection for a long duration while also preventing rashes and the feeling of wetness or discomfort.
8 Best Tampons
1. O.B Pro Comfort Super Tampons – Our Choice
These packs of tampons are available in different sizes and styles for you to choose from depending upon your requirement and flow type. The O.B Pro Tampons are designed by a female gynecologist keeping in mind your comfort, making it a reliable option to go for. Hence, they are made from absorbent fibers and a curved groove technology with a silk touch cover that ensures easy insertion.
It also prevents them from slipping out so that you are well protected against leaks and stains. This is a good deal to go for at a budget-friendly price, making it our number one choice.
- Available Sizes: 20, 30, and 40 tampons.
- Suitable styles or flow types: Regular/Heavy Flow.
- It is made using absorbent fibers interwoven together with curved grooves technology.
- It comes with a silk touch cover for easy insertion.
- Designed by a female gynecologist.
- The shape ensures a natural and comfortable fit.
- Easy to insert.
- Ensures reliable protection against leaks and stains.
- Quality is not up to the mark
2. Bella Tampo Super Plus Easy Twist – The Ready to Use Tampons
The Bella Tampo is available in different sizes of Mini, Regular, Super, and Super plus so that you can choose a size based on your flow type. These tampons are tested by dermatologists and are made using absorbent fibers, which do not split because of the non-woven top layer. Moreover, the easy twist system makes it convenient to open while the secure strings ensure faster and easier removal. These are ready to use tampons, which you should consider buying.
- Available sizes: Mini (Light Bleeding), Regular (Normal Flow), Super (Heavy Flow), and Super Plus (Very Heavy Bleeding).
- Number of tampons in each pack: 16 for the mini and regular packs; 16 or 32 pieces for the super and super plus packs.
- Made using absorbent fibers
- Comes with an exceptionally soft non-woven top layer that prevents the fibers from splitting.
- The 8 special channel effectively distributes the liquid for efficient absorption.
- Dermatologists tested.
- These tampons have been imported from Europe.
- The secure fixing of the string on the tampon ensures easy and safe removal.
- It offers better leak-proof protection because of the superabsorbent top layer.
- Ensures a secure and comfortable fit.
- The easy twist system allows you to open the tampon quickly and conveniently.
- Provides discretion while wearing tight-fitting clothing.
- Suitable to use for swimming or playing sports.
- Recommended using a panty liner for complete protection against stains.
3. Sofy Soft Tampons – Best Applicator Tampon
Sofy is a leading brand that deals with the manufacture of women’s hygienic products, including tampons, sanitary pads, panty liners, etc. The Sofy Soft Tampons come in a pack of 34 tampons suitable for absorbing leakage up to 8 hours while ensuring comfort and freedom from wetness.
It also comes with an applicator that makes insertion an easy task that can be completed in a faster manner. You just need to take a deep breath and insert the tampon using the applicator till the marked position followed by pushing in the rest of the applicator.
- The pack comes with 34 tampon pieces.
- These are suitable for regular flow menstruation.
- Comes with an applicator.
- The tampons are the size of a finger.
- Has the capacity to soak up to 8 hours of leakage.
- The applicator makes it easy to use.
- Comes with long-lasting absorption capability.
- It gives you freedom from wetness and discomfort.
- The quality of the product could be better
4. Sirona FDA Approved Premium Digital Tampon – Cost Effective Tampons
The Sirona tampons come in a pack of 20 tampons at a cost-effective price and are suitable for absorbing normal flow leakage for 4-6 hours while ensuring comfort and discretion. These tampons are FDA approved, making it a reliable choice as they also ensure rash-free protection along with preventing menstrual odors. Insertion of these tampons is easy provided you are in a relaxed position, and it ensures freedom of movement so that you can go ahead with physical activities like swimming and dancing without worrying about stains.
- The pack consists of 20 tampons.
- Suitable for regular, average, or medium flow.
- Made using compressed layers of highly absorbent fibers.
- Comes with a smooth cover for easy insertion.
- Comes with curved grooves.
- The twist turn opening allows you to open it easily and faster.
- Protects from leakage for up to 4-6 hours.
- Offers comfortable and rash free protection.
- It is easy to use and reliable.
- Prevents your clothes from getting stained and also ensures discretion and prevents odor.
- Allows freedom of movement so that you can perform physical activities like dancing, swimming, and playing sports.
- Prevents the sensation of wetness.
- Removal of the upper covering of the tampon was a bit difficult.
5. FLOH FDA Approved Regular Tampons – The All Round Protector
The FLOH FDA approved tampons are available in packs of 10,20,30,40 and 50 tampons so that you can go for a deal which meets your requirement. The tampons are made using a combination of cotton and rayon, ensuring comfort and leak-proof protection for up to 8 hours. These tampons are easy to insert and take the shape of the vaginal canal so that it does not slip off. Hence, you get all-round protection from stains, rashes, and odors.
- Available sizes: 10, 20,30,40,50.
- Types: Regular/Super.
- They have a rounded and smooth tip.
- Offers up to 8 hours of complete protection.
- Made using a combination of cotton and rayon.’
- It has a tear tape quick to open the packaging.
- FDA approved.
- The tampons take the shape of your vaginal canal so that it does not slip off.
- Offers 100% leak-proof protection for up to 8 hours.
- Great size and super absorbent.
- Ready to use and easy to insert.
- Prevents stains, odor, and rashes.
- No negative points were observed so far
6. Pee Safe 100% Organic Cotton Tampons – The Safest Tampons
These pads are made from 100% cotton that is organic, making them extra soft organic, ensuring both safety and comfort. They are capable of absorbing menstrual fluid efficiently so that you can perform various physical activities with ease. Moreover, they are bio-degradable making it a suitable choice for an environment-friendly feminine hygienic product. You can choose the size (Regular, Super, and Super Plus) based on your flow type.
- Available sizes: Regular, Super, and Super Plus.
- These tampons are bio-degradable and made using 100% organic cotton.
- The tampons should be changed 3-6 times a day.
- Tested by a dermatologist.
- Ideal for use during swimming, bathing, dancing, sports, etc.
- The tampons are extra-soft, natural, and comfortable.
- Easy to insert.
- Does not slip or slide off like pads.
- Ideal size and super absorbent.
- No negative points were observed so far
7. Tampax Radiant Plastic Unscented Tampons – Easy to Insert Tampons
Tampax Radiant tampons come in a pack of 32 tampons that are capable of ensuring leak-proof protection up to 8 hours for heavy menstrual flow. They prevent stains and odor because of its super absorbency and leak guard braid design, ensuring comfort. The applicator of this pack has a clean grip for convenience in the insertion of the tampon. The pack might be expensive, but it is worth the price.
- These are applicator tampons.
- Size: Super Absorbency Plus for heavy flow.
- The pack comes with 32 tampons.
- Offers leakage protection for up to 8 hours.
- The tampons have a leak guard braid design.
- They are unscented.
- They offer 100% leak-proof and odor-free protection.
- The applicator comes with a clean grip for comfort and easy insertion.
- The wrapper can be resealed and opened quietly.
- It is expensive.
8. Everteen® SuperPlus Tampons with Applicator for Women – Best Super Plus Tampons
The Everteen SuperPlus tampons have an absorbency rate of 12-15 grams, making it the best choice for those who experience moderate to heavy menstrual flow. The pack of 8 tampons comes with an applicator so that you can insert the tampon conveniently so that you obtain leak-proof protection along with comfort. These tampons are chlorine-free and meet the FDA standards, also making them safe to use while swimming, gymming, or dancing.
- Absorbency capacity of these tampons is 12-15 grams.
- Ideal for moderate to heavy menstrual flow.
- Come in a pack of 8 tampons.
- They are chlorine-free.
- Come with an applicator.
- These tampons are FDA approved and manufactured in the US to meet the guideline of safety.
- Easy to insert.
- Smooth and comfortable.
- Ensures superior leak-proof protection.
- Ensures discretion allowing you to carry an individually wrapped tampon in your handbag.
- Allows freedom of movement so that you can swim, dance, and go to a gym while on your period.
- No negative points were observed so far
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should you change your tampon?
You need to change your tampon 3-6 times a day, depending on your flow type and the capacity of absorption of the tampon. However, you should never keep a tampon for more than 8 hours as it may lead to a severe condition known as Toxic Shock Syndrome. It is always advised to change the tampon every 6-8 hours.
2. What is Toxic Shock Syndrome?
Toxic Shock Syndrome (TSS) is a severe condition that arises if you leave on the tampon for more than 8-12 hours. It includes severe symptoms including fever, rash, diarrhea, vomiting, rashes, etc. which occur due to bacterial toxins. Thus, in case you observe these symptoms, you need to consult your doctor immediately.
3. Does using a tampon affect your virginity?
No, using a tampon does not affect anyone’s virginity. Tampons are suitable for anyone as long as you are comfortable with it.
4. What are the sizes or types of tampons?
Tampons are available in different sizes or types based on your blood flow type. These include Mini for light bleeding, Regular for Normal flow, Super for moderate to heavy bleeding, and Super Plus for very heavy bleeding. Regular tampons are ideal for first-time users, and they can gradually then shift to super or super plus tampons.
Tampons are safe to use and are better than sanitary pads in any way. So, if you are someone who is thinking about changing from sanitary pads to tampons, this article will help you understand more about the use of tampons. Moreover, we also help you in making the right choice when it comes to purchasing tampons for the first time.
We have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide that explains all the necessary factors which you should go through before finalizing a product. It helps you know the features which the tampon should possess so that you are comfortable and leak-proof for a long duration. This is followed by the list of top 8 tampons available on Amazon. The detailed review of each tampon will give you an idea regarding the option you should consider going for.
You can consider the O.B Pro Comfort Super Tampons as it is our number one choice as it is designed by a female gynecologist to meet the requirements of every woman. You can also purchase the Sofy Soft Tampons if you wish to get an applicator tampon for easy insertion. We hope this article helps.