11 Best Sport shoes
Whether you are a habitual jogger or play intensive sports, a pair of well-designed sports shoes serve as your ideal companion. These shoes are engineered for providing the impetus or acceleration for boosting athletic performances.
Sports shoes provide great comfort and help you to maximize your performance. These are designed especially for playing sports; however, you can also use them for your daily morning or evening walk. Wearing such shoes inspires you to push harder for your fitness.
This term is used verbatim in the Northern United States. However, in the United Kingdom, it is preferably called “Trainers.” In some very urban parts of the US, it is referred to as “kicks”. Different places with different names for footwear.
This guide will assist you in selecting he best pair of shoes for yourself. It comprises of things to know about sport shoes, benefits, features, buying guide, FAQs and the top 11 best sports shoes available in the market.
Top 11 Sport Shoes in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Great as Sports Equipment
Outstanding durability and stability
Offers enhanced performance
Enough underfoot cushioning
Funky and Beathable
Durable rubber for easy movement
Comfort at its best
Types of Sports Shoes
The name given to this footwear form differs from location to location. Sports shoes are commonly referred to as sneakers. They are sometimes called trainers, athletic shoes, tennis shoes, gym shoes, sports shoes, or runners.Apart from the varying nomenclature, there is are many different types of sneakers specifically designed for some activities. Here are some of them:
Commonly called soccer boots, this footwear is adapted for the game of football. They are mostly designed for grass pitches, and they have studs on the outside for extra grip.
It is possible for footballers to develop corns and calluses in the leg if the boot is too tight or not comfortable. These boots should strictly be used on a turf and not on hard surfaces.
Tennis or squash shoes
Tennis shoes are specifically designed for tennis and squash, as it rapidly
involves moving from one side to the other. However, in this case running shoes will not suffice. High levels of grip and agility is required.
These shoes are heavier than normal running shoes since the toe of the shoe is designed for stop and go actions.
Sneakers are the best for aerobic exercises because they combine flexibility, support, and cushioning. They are able to absorb impact and lessen the shock when landing on your feet.
These shoes are designed specifically for running. They are very flexible, as they allow the front part of the shoe to bend and flex through each step that is being taken. However, they cannot be used for sports like tennis.
Walking and Hiking shoes
When an adventure is what you want, hiking shoes would be a good choice.
When you are going for a short walk, it is best to choose good pairs of shoes that are very comfortable, and won’t cause blisters on your leg. Make sure the shoes are tough and a good fit.
It should also have arch support and a heel that is slightly elevated. The upper part should be breathable.
Basketball and netball shoes
These shoes are designed for court game to offer support and aid sideways movement.
Features of Sport Shoes
CushioningThe material inside the shoes is responsible for providing cushioning and comfort to our feet. This can help reduce the impact on bones and joints. The best shoes are a good combination of cushioning, flexibility and stability.
There are three layers of the sole. The bottom part of these soles is referred as the outsole. This part of the shoe is mainly made of carbon rubber so that it can be more durable. This part is segmented to achieve flexibility. It has grooves and patterns for a good grip.
The middle layer is referred to as the midsole. This is the part of the shoe that provides most of the cushioning. This part is made of shock-absorbing foam and gel or air sacs with plastic torsion supports.
The insole provides additional cushioning and shock absorption. It also provides arch support. You can always remove and wash the insole, especially in running and walking shoes.
This is the body of the shoe which is above the sole. The toe box is part of the upper which should be wide enough for your toes and there must be a half-inch space between the longest toe and the front of the shoe.
There is also the heel counter at the back of the shoe, which prevents the leg from slipping backward.
The lacing of the shoe can either be of fabric, plastic or metal speed lacing. The extra eyelets at the top provide a snug fit for the leg. Flat laces are preferred to round laces, as they are less likely to come loose.
Shoes can vary wildly in terms of style, from a funky and fashionable design to a simple design that focuses on the performance. The selection is largely dependent on your personal preference. You can even go for colors that you like.
Some shoes are fitted with reflectors , for them to be visible when it reflects light from cars. This prevents accidents when running in low visibility conditions.
Sports Shoes Buying Guide
Here are some factors to consider before purchasing a pair of shoes.
Do a critical analysis of your walking gait: The various shoes available in the market are designed for different types of gaits.
For example, if your legs roll inwards, it would be best to get a shoe that is designed to stabilize and control your motion. However, if your feet land on the outer edge, get a shoe that emphasizes on shock absorption.
People whose legs overpronate typically have low arches, while under pronators have a high arch. The wear pattern of the two types of legs is different, and you should get shoes that caters to your arch.
The material used to make the shoes also determines its breathability. Generally, shoes made from lightweight and flexible material is more breathable but prone to damage.
On the other hand, strong and robust shoes that use heavier material are far more durable, but offer less breathability.
Size and fitting
Buying shoes that do not fit well can be dangerous and painful while playing. People often find it challenging to find a proper shoe size. The factors you should look for before buying shoes are: securely locked in heels, enough space between the toe and shoe, and breathability.
If the shoes is too loose or too tight, you can suffer from a lack of motion control. This can put you off your game and result in a bad performance.
The orthotics are custom made shoe inserts that are used in the place of insoles. Shoes with this feature are costlier, so you should get such shoes only if you really need it.
Don’t buy shoes if you are not comfortable in them, no matter how good the brand or the aesthetic might be. Your feet need to be comfortable if you are going to be performing so well.
11 Best Sports Shoes
1. Asian Men’s Sports Shoes
The Asian sports shoes are specially designed for Indian men and provide not only style but comfort. The shoes undergo stringent quality checks to give you maximum comfort.
The shoes come with a precise toe box which makes them ideal for any sport. The shoes are comfortable, lightweight, and durable.
- The closure is lace-up.
- Shoe width is medium, and the material used is mesh.
- Damping protection keeps the feet dry.
- Superior quality and accurate fitting.
- Premium and elegant look.
- Can be used for everyday use, exercising, running and walking.
- Economical and robust build quality.
- The shoes are breathable and have a good grip.
- Sole is made of plastic, which might feel uncomfortable.
2. FURO by red chief Sport Shoes – Our Pick
Furo shoes has a very sleek design and features optimized for running. This pair is all you need to get started with athletics.
Designed to be very lightweight, and highly comfortable, it also offers the necessary protection to your feet. It is a good combination of style and comfort.
- It is designed specifically for men.
- The upper is made of soft but durable material.
- The sole material is rubber.
- It has a cloth lace-up enclosure.
- It weighs just 939g.
- It is very comfortable and has commendable flexibility.
- It is lightweight easy to wear.
- The texture and aesthetics are attractive.
- It is not unisex.
3. Lotto Mens running shoes – Great as Sports Equipment
This pair of shoes from Lotto is the perfect mixture of innovation and fashion. Designed with a lace-up closure, this shoe is made of a mesh material which is breathable and effective.
The shoes are quite lightweight, despite its heavy appearance. It is very comfortable and feels nice around your foot, with the gentle upper that protects your foot from sores.
The shoe is flexible and can make your walking experience very delightful.
- It features a lace up closure.
- It is made of a mesh material.
- It is designed mainly for sporting activities.
- 90 days of warranty provided by the manufacturer.
- Can be used for both sports and leisure.
- It is very light and comfortable to wear.
- There is a great deal of flexibility provided by the footwear.
- It does not lose shape easily, even after long use.
- The sole quality is a bit questionable, however, the shoe is good overall.
4. Power womens vize running shoes – Outstanding durability and stability
This is a trendy running shoe that is sure to provide stability and durability. The athletic performance is top-notch and excellent. This is one of the best sports shoes for women.
It ensures that you have a sturdy grip as you move around. It is designed to keep your leg relaxed and comfortable. This is achieved by the premium material that has been used to make this footwear.
It is a seamless blend of functionality and style. It allows for great freedom of movement with comfortable cushioning.
- The shoe is designed with a lace up closure pattern.
- It is made of canvas material.
- The heels are designed to be suitable for people with flat arches.
- It is very comfortable and easy to wear.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is the perfect combination of style and design.
- Its texture and color are good.
- Great durability and strong grip.
- Keep the feet relaxed.
- It has an anti-slip grip.
- It is not suitable for long running sessions.
5. Sparx Men SM-482 Sports Shoes
Sparx is an iconic youth brand that comprises a high-quality range of footwear from Relaxo Footwears Ltd. It supplies exclusively designed, sturdy, and stylish sandals, slippers, and shoes that perfectly match the taste, swag, and style of the next generation.
Sparx Men SM-482 is an excellent pair of sports shoes that features a stylish and trendy design for making an effective style statement.
These are unique sports shoes from the house of Sparx that are designed for providing extreme comfort. These super comfy sports shoes feature EVA sole and mesh as upper material.
- Sparx Men SM-482 shoes feature a lace-up closure pattern that ensures tight and firm fitting while running or performing any athletic activities
- These shoes come with Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) foam sole that provides superior cushioning and flexibility. This provides excellent comfort and reduces the impact on legs during playing intensive sports
- The upper material is prepared from premium mesh with a perfect knit design that ensures superb air circulation and breathability.
- These shoes have a medium shoe width that is suitable for individuals with E, F, and G width.
- Sparx Men SM-482 shoes are made to last longer with their high-quality construction and durable design.
- These shoes come with elegant packaging in a classy and beautiful storage box that provides ideal storage space for keeping your shoes
- These are easy-to-clean shoes. You only need to clean them by wiping dirt and mud off by using a soft moist cloth.
- These shoes are best suited for jogging and running as the presence of Eva foam sole provides the ultimate comfort for long-duration athletic activities.
- You can easily fit them tightly as per your comfort and preferences by using laces.
- These shoes are not water-proof and hence cannot be used during the rainy season.
6. Nike Mamba Rage Basketball Shoes – Offers enhanced performance
This outstanding pair of basketball sports shoes from Nike is crafted to deliver support, comfort and enough traction that is needed in the game of basketball. With this shoe, you are all set to compete at the highest level of the game.
These shoes come in different forms, such as the technology-based infused classics, street style all-stars or the enhanced performance basketball shoes with the wider base.
Carefully made with synthetic materials, this shoe is specifically designed for optimum fitting. You don’t need to be worried about your feet slipping on the court.
- It is made of synthetic material.
- It is designed to be optimal for sport.
- It features a lace up closure pattern.
- This shoe provides support, comfort, and traction.
- It features a wider base.
- It offers firm grip.
- It assures enhanced performance.
- They help your feet remain in position.
- It is very comfortable and offers great support.
- It provides enough traction to help you compete at highest levels.
- Made specifically for basketball players. Might not be suitable for other activities.
7. Adidas Mens serves tennis shoes – Enough underfoot cushioning
This footwear combines modern technology with ultimate comfort. These Adidas sports shoes for men have a premium design with synthetic and mesh material, which provides flexibility.
The shoe has enough cushioning underfoot which ensures a firm grip on the ground. This offers better movement control.
The shoe padding is made by EVA injection molding process, making it extremely lightweight. The shoe has a synthetic upper cushioning underfoot which made it comfortable and stable. This shoe is made of durable material, and it is a sure way to improve your performance.
- The closure is made of lace-up pattern.
- It is made of synthetic material.
- It features a cushioning underfoot.
- It features a non-marking outsole.
- 90 days warranty against any defects.
- It has a snug fit.
- It is very durable and lasts for a long time.
- It is very comfortable to wear.
- No negative points observed so far.
8. Bacca Bucci Mens shoes – Funky and Beathable
The Jordan lightweight breathable shoes have a lace up closure pattern, while the outer material is made of high-quality thick PU leather. The outsole is also made of premium TPR.
This shoe comes with a casual funk design that is sure to catch everyone’s eye. The upper material of this shoe is made of synthetic leather with molded quarter panels which are designed to be breathable.
It also comes with a structured support that has comfortable locks in the foot. The durable leather brings about stability that locks your foot in place to prevent slippage inside the shoe
- The sole is made of TPR.
- The upper material is made of synthetic leather.
- The outer material is made of high-quality thick PU leather.
- It has a funky look and design.
- It is very comfy to wear.
- It provides athlete with a good jumping support.
- The material has a sturdy look to it.
- It is perfect for outdoor and casual wear, while great for sports.
- No negative points observed so far.
9. Nivia energy Tennis shoes – Durable rubber for easy movement
This is one of the best shoes for professional tennis players. Made of premium quality materials, this pair of shoes is all you need at the top level. It is made to stand out and is affordable when compared to other shoes.
It comes with a non-marking rubber gravity technology and a herringbone structure on the outer side, which helps the player in lateral movement as the game goes on.
The soles are made of durable rubber, with lace up closure. The non-marking rubber which has been used in its production offers ground traction and enough stability to the player.
The airculate technology that is employed in the upper mesh allows for a great circulation of air, proper ventilation as well as sweat absorption. The shoe features a dual foam midsole which is very durable.
The shoe also features a flexipro technology in-sole which makes it flexible. The presence of the toe guard in the front of the shoe provides extra protection for the toe.
- The sole is made of rubber.
- It comes with a no-marking rubber outsole.
- The midsole is made of geofoam.
- Great shock absorption.
- Great value for money.
- It is very great for use in the gym.
- Outstanding grip.
- It has just the right amount of ankle support.
- Commendable quality.
- It is made of very good material.
- No negative points observed so far.
10. Vector X Blaster Cricket shoes – Optimum Security
This is one of the best shoes out there, carefully constructed with PVC material ensuring long durability.
The shoe has a padded footbed, and the ankles are cushioned to provide maximum security for the leg. The sole is adequately textured and this in turn prevents you from slipping.
The shoe features a secure lace up closure design that keeps the footwear intact. It is fitted with studs that brings about stability and balance on the pitch.
- It has a padded sole which allows for greater comfort and security.
- It is made of premium PVC material which ensures durability.
- The shoe features a pull strap for easy wearing.
- They are highly comfortable.
- They are easy to wear and remove especially with the pull strap.
- The ankle is well padded and textured.
- It has a very sturdy grip and ensures balance.
- It is highly durable.
- It cannot be worn for casual outings.
11. Victall V-001 basketball shoe – Comfort at its best
This is a premium pair of shoes with a luxurious design. The outer material used in this shoe is synthetic PVC leather. There are variations of this shoe made of rubber and EVA sole. It looks graceful on your feet.
The sole is made of premium rubber, offering it a very good quality make and comfort at its peak. It significantly boosts your performance and helps you stay at the top of your game.
- The sole is also of EVA material.
- The upper part of the shoe is made of PVC.
- Great quality and ensures comfort.
- It is made of synthetic leather.
- Good quality.
- The sole is built to last.
- It is strong and durable, so it can withstand rough use.
- The quality of the PVC material might be questionable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many questions come to mind about sports shoes. Of course, we’ve been able to narrow down a few of the best sports shoes in this guide. However, it is equally important we talk about the frequently asked questions and the possible answers or suggestions.
1. How do I choose sports shoes?
Consider the following factors while choosing sports shoes
Your weight- Each foot strike is equal to up to 5 times your body weight. Heavier runners put more stress than lighter ones.
Durability of the shoe- The cushioning and stability of the shoe will gradually degrade due to weather and oxidation even if you are not using them. The sole becomes hard and will not provide maximum comfort.
Running approach- A light-footed fast running person will put less stress on the shoe material and vice versa. Therefore, knowing your running style is essential before choosing sports shoes.
Running surface- The running surface plays a significant role in the wear and tear of your shoes. A rough surface like asphalt will damage the thread and cushioning of your shoes fast than a smooth surface.
Shoe size- Choosing the right shoe size for sports is critical for comfort. Your foot expands when it touches the ground, thus putting pressure on the shoes. Hence it is recommended to buy a size slightly larger than your foot size.
2. What’s the difference between stability and neutral running shoes?
Excessive pronation is bad as it may cause injuries like tendinitis, shin splints, iliotibial band syndrome, and patellofemoral pain. Stability shoes, as the name suggests, helps balance extreme pronation or inward rolling of the runner’s feet. Neutral shoes allow the foot to turn and flex without any stability and guidance.
3. Is it advisable if I get more than one pair of sports shoes?
Yes, absolutely. It is a good idea to get more than a pair of sports shoes. It not only helps you maintain the shoes but also helps to avoid injuries because of overuse.
4. Will the running surface affect shoe breakdown?
Yes, the running surface takes its toll on shoes. You may get your shoes worn out faster if you’re running on roads than someone running on a trail. Also, the way you hit the ground matters especially if you have a lot of weight. You may wear your shoes out faster than someone with a lighter weight if you hit the ground with your heels.
5. What is the best time to retire your sports shoes?
Well, you should follow your instincts. When you discover that your shoes are not giving you enough protection after an exercise, then it’s probably time you started thinking about replacing them.
6. Will lacing my shoes tight help me perform better?
Yes. When you tighten your shoelaces, it tightly wraps your arches. It also helps you to become more stable. It is however important not to lace your shoes too tight so as not to bring discomfort to your legs.
7. I’ve got the right shoes, but my feet slip out during an exercise. What can I do?
This usually occurs among women. Most sports shoes are designed to be suitable to both sexes but women generally have more slender and leaner feet than men.
However, to solve this issue, you should consider putting an insole below your sock liners.
If you are a guy and your feet are slipping out, it’s probably time you laced your shoes more tightly.
8. What tests can I do to know the type of feet I have?
You can take a few tests to determine the type of feet you have. The wet test gives you some clues. When you wet your shoe soles and the print leaves half of the arch shown, then your arch is normal.
If your footprint shows the whole foot, you are likely to have a flat arch. If your footprint shows the heel and the ball of your foot, then you probably have a high arch.
You may also visit a professional athlete and have him recommend sports shoes for you.
9. How do I know that it is time to get my sneakers replaced?
Well, shoes should be replaced when they are dead or show signs of being dead. There are however some signs you would notice when the shoe is dead.
- There is the presence of visible wear in the midsole: This appears in the form of creases, crinkles, pockmarks. If these are noted on the shoe, then it is best to get a new one.
- When the upper part of the shoe is worn out: Take a close look at the shoe from the top, once you see a hole, wears or tears, then its time to get a new one. Also, when the shoe is losing its shape, it would be best to get a new one.
- When the midsole is compressed: You can do an experiment for this, drop the shoe on a hard surface and notice how it bounces around on impact. If it bounces and stops, the shoe is still good. However, if it keeps rocking, it is an indication that the midsole is compressed. Hence, get another shoe.
Sports shoes provide a host of benefits for the sportsperson. These provide superior protection for the feet by reducing the impact of your steps from heavy landings. It effectively avoids injuries and strains.
These shoes provide excellent flexibility, stability, and cushioning. They are prepared from lightweight and breathable fabric. These also help to perfect your running or walking techniques.
Getting a pair of high-quality shoes is a crucial fitness mantra for achieving your fitness goals quickly with minimal effort.