Top 9 Roti Makers
As Indians eating rotis is a part of our everyday routine. But have you ever tried making a roti? That is round and soft and perfect like your mom or grandma used to make? Its hell of a job! Nowadays, due to the fast-moving world, almost no one has time to make roti. Who needs a roti maker, and why? Has a simple answer to it anyone you loves rotis in their meal. This is the primary reason why roti makers are becoming common in Indian Households.
To get the best roti, the best roti maker is required. It makes Rotis in no time, and it becomes an effortless job to do. By having this kind of machine at hand, you can ensure that the roti that you will consume are hygienic and tasty. Learn how to make soft rotis with the help of a roti maker
It gets difficult to choose the best one. So before buying one, we must consider some of the qualities that you should look for so that you will surely not regret your decision in choosing that specific brand and model. Consider the type of roti maker that you want. Here, We have also provided the reasons to buy a roti maker and FAQs that will help you in better understanding and also the list of 9 best roti maker machine available in the market.
Top 9 Roti Makers
Scratch Proof Marble Coating
ABS Handle and Stylish Design
Thick Durable Body
All-Natural and Handmade
Shockproof with Demo CD
Who Needs A Roti Maker And Why?
Since rotis are part of our day to day diet, it is very important to have a roti maker accessible on every house here in India. By having this kind of tool, you are saving a lot of time as well as you are conserving a lot of your energy which you can eventually use for your tasks throughout the day. Having said that this is a must-have and there is no reason for you not to have access to this tool inside your home.
The great thing with these roti makers, especially the electronic ones is that it makes it easy for everyone to create Rotis even your kid can create one with proper guidance and instructions it is truly possible.
How to make soft rotis in roti maker
For you to have more satisfying rotis every time, you create it using your roti maker you must take note of this. The main secret is you must put a teaspoon of oil whenever you create your rotis in a roti maker this will allow the dough to have a much softer texture.
When you press the dough on the roti maker, it will spread out evenly because of its softer texture, which results in better texture, fluffiness, and taste.
Another way is to take note of the following:
- Put some hot water to the surface of the wheat flour.
- Let it set aside for approximately half an hour.
- While you are flattening the dough remember not to add more flour.
- Hot water
- Salt (depends on preference)
- Three cups of wheat flour
- Put the wheat flour on the bowl.
- You can put some salt depending on if you like it or not.
- Put a cup of hot water and let it sit for at least thirty minutes
- Combine the ingredients in order for you to form a soft dough.
- Put the dough on the roti maker and close the lid to flatten
- Leave it there until cooked.
Why should you buy a Roti Maker?
- Efficiency – it creates rotis with finer texture and taste compared to creating it without the use of any tools at all.
- Time saver – by using roti makers the creation of rotis the time are significantly cut into half which saves you a lot of time.
- Much healthier – foods that are created in a roti maker are evenly cooked and more hygienic which leads to healthier rotis.
- One touch – with this feature you do not need to undergo the tremendous workload of making rotis because the convenience of using a roti maker is incomparable.
- Energy saver- since the invention of the roti maker, the tremendous amount of energy is truly saved because almost everything becomes automated.
- Cleaner roti – with the use of this machine, you have the assurance your rotis will be much cleaner because it lessens the intervention of our bare hands in creating rotis.
Types of Roti Makers
When it comes to buying roti makers you only have two choices to go for either electric or manual.
Each of them has their similar advantages but most probably because of the modernization today many people prefer the electric one over a manual. Here are their respective comparisons:
|Electric Roti Maker||Manual Roti Maker|
|Consumes electricity.Prepares roti much faster.|
More hygienic because there is a lesser need to use our bare hands.
Creates rotis that have a better texture and taste.
|Does not consume electricity but uses LPG or logs for cooking the rotis.Consumes a lot of time and effort.|
Although some roti makers have a lever integrated into them some are just plain base in which you have to use a roller manually to flatten the rotis.
Some of the portions of rotis that are created manually are prone to overcooking and vice versa.
Things to look for when buying a Roti Maker
- Power consumption – check if the wattage is reasonable compared to its features because you do not want to have an overpowered machine that has the same features with an energy efficient machine.
- On/off indicator – this feature is very important as it adds up additional safety to the item by telling you if the unit is turned on or off in case you forgot. By having this feature you are assured that you and your roti maker is safe at all times from unwanted accidents and power surges.
- Shockproof body – this will give you a guarantee that the unit can endure the everyday use of this product and will not deteriorate easily.
- Non-heating handle (cool handle) – by having a properly insulated handle will give you a lot of safety while using the item because there is a zero chance that you will get any burns from it.
- Price – always check if the roti maker that you are eyeing to buy fits your budget there are a lot of roti makers to choose from on different price range you just have to choose the right one for you.
- Durable – check the materials used if it is sturdy enough and can withstand everyday use it is always good to have one that lasts long. Stainless steel and ABS plastic are the tried and proven materials when it comes to durability.
- Size and weight – there will come a time in which we are required to bring our roti maker outdoors because we have a picnic or recreational activities to be done there. By doing this whenever you bring your roti makers outdoors you will not have a hard time because the size and weight are bearable.
- User-friendly – always go for roti makes that do not have a complex structure simply because we are using roti makers to make our lives easier and comfortable so always go for roti makers that are easy to use.
- Affordability – make sure it is just perfect for the budget that you have. If you are planning to go for the cheaper ones be sure that it does not compromise the quality of the item.
- Food grade materials – this will ensure that the rotis that are produced by your roti maker are safe for human’s health as we do not want to compromise our health.
- Nonskid bottom – this will ensure that the product will not slip while you are using it. By having this characteristic you can avoid several accidents and unwanted scenarios while you are using the item.
- Warranty – there are instances wherein a factory defect occurs and no one wants to experience it. For us to be protected in this scenario a good warranty must be provided by the manufacturer.
- Easy to clean – ensure that the texture of the roti maker is easy to clean and one way to know it is by ensuring that the roti maker has a non-stick coating.
- Temperature control – by having this feature you are assured that the roti that you are making have the right amounts of temperature to avoid overcooking.
- Uniformed heating – this feature will ensure that all portions of your roti are properly cooked which will provide healthier and better tasting rotis.
- Multifunctional – always go for roti makers that have the capacity to create other types of delicacies such as khakhra and chapatti. By doing this you are making it sure that you are making the most out of your money.
- Maximum capacity – always check if the maximum capacity is decent enough to accommodate the needs of your household. By doing this you are saving a lot of time and electricity doing repetitive tasks.
1. Vinayak Crafters Marble Roti Maker – White Marble
If you want to experience the manual way of creating rotis with an added ease then Vinayak will be the best one for you. It is made up of a sturdy material which will make your roti creation enjoyable and hassle-free!
- The material used is a Single Piece White Marble Rock
- Diameter – 23 centimeters (9 inches)
- Anti Skid Heavy Base – this will provide additional stability while you are creating rotis and chapattis.
- Dishwasher Safe – this will give you peace of mind that washing off the residue with a dishwashing liquid will not damage the item.
- Mirror finished – this provides a non-stick feel and will give you the privilege of cleaning the product without any hassles.
- The product is very affordable that is why it will surely fit your budget.
- It can be easily cleaned because of its mirror-finished coating and it can be washed with the use of a dishwashing liquid.
- The product is very sturdy because it is made of a genuine marble rock.
- The diameter is pretty wide
- It will truly save you some electricity because it is all manual.
- When it comes to portability it is not that good because it is too heavy.
2. Bajaj Vacco C-02 Chapatti Maker – Comfortable Handle
If you are eyeing to buy a roti maker that is multifunctional and at the same time easy to use then Bajaj’s chapati maker might be a great choice. It has a great design and a durable body that will surely be desirable for every one of us.
- Product dimensions – 30.48 x 22.86 x 22.86 cm
- Product weight – 1 kilogram
- Materials used – Stainless steel
- Primary uses – for roti, chapatti, khakhra, and other types of dough.
- Shockproof feature – this feature will give you the peace of mind that it can withstand the daily use of this machine.
- Teflon non-stick coated surface – this will give you a lot of ease when you are cooking your roti and at the same time lets you clean the surface of your tool easily.
- Anti Skid Bottom-This machine is equipped with an anti-slip sole that prevents the machine to move while operating.
- Handle Grip– The handle is provided with a non-slippery plastic handle that is made for a better and comfortable grip.
- Product size – 8 inches
- Its modernized design will give your kitchen an additional style and wow factor.
- The product does not have any complex mechanism which makes it easy to operate even for people that do not have any knowledge using it.
- Does not require too much of your energy because it can easily be pressed with itscomfortable handle and its lever.
- Its automatic cut-off feature will ensure that the product is always safe on electric surges and power outages.
- The product is made of a durable material which is stainless steel which will surely last for an extended period of time.
- It is very easy to clean because of its smooth texture which will surely provide more hygienic foods which will result in healthier you.
- It has a free demo which will help you learn how to use the product for you to create better tasting chapattis/rotis.
- The maximum capacity is pretty limited that is why it is not recommended for making chapattis.
3. Molo New Roti Maker – Scratch Proof Marble Coating
If you are looking for a roti maker that is heavy duty, this is probably the best choice that you can get. It is equipped with a marble coating that you will surely need to make your roti making experience remarkable.
- Power consumption – 900 Watts
- Color – black and silver
- Materials used – stainless steel.
- Marble coating – this will ensure that your tool will be free from scratch.
- Automatic cut-off – this will protect your tool from power surges and outages. It will also let you multitask because it will automatically turn itself off once it reaches the required temperature.
- Multipurpose – other than rotis it can also create chilas, dosas, omelets, and khakhras.
- Cool touch handle –this will give you the privilege of holding the handle comfortably while the product is in use without getting hurt.
- When you buy this product, you will surely get the most out of your money because you can use this product for a lot of functions.
- Its marble coating and the metal resistant feature will protect the tool from scratches and chips.
- The product is made of high-quality materials which will guarantee that it will surely last long.
- The chapattis that are created in this tool are fluffy and very desirable to eat.
- It is very safe to use because of its cool touch handle and non-skid base.
- The product is pretty lightweight which makes it portable and easy to bring outdoors.
- The packaging is subpar but it does not affect the performance of the product.
- The product is pretty expensive.
4. Sunflame Roti Maker – ABS Handle and Stylish Design
Having a thermostat on an electronic device adds up a lot of safety for its users which is a great thing. If you are looking for safety, then this Sunflame Roti Maker is worth considering.
- Color – black and silver
- Uniform heating – this feature will give your rotis a much desirable texture and taste because it is evenly cooked.
- Warranty – 2 years
- Non-stick coated plate – this will give you a lot of ease when creating your rotis because you will not have a hard time lifting the rotis up. It also lessens the hassle of cleaning the tool.
- The non-stick coating will make the sanitization of your roti maker much easier.
- Its thermostat will give you a peace of mind that the item will really last long and it is safe to use.
- It will significantly improve your overall health and will help you prevent some diseases that are caused by oil in foods.
- Its stylish design will make the usage of this wonderful machine more exciting.
- It’s easy to grip ABS handle makes it very comfy to use and at the same time requires less effort to use.
- The price is very affordable which will give the privilege for people of all walks of life to be able to buy it.
- The rotis that are created using this machine are more satisfying to eat because it is evenly cooked.
- The temperature gets too high easily that is why it is advisable to use it while it is facing the electric fan.
5. Kinnng National HB Roti/Chapatti Maker – Oil-Free Cooking
If you are looking for a modern design of roti maker, then you might want to put HB National Roti Maker on your list of choices as it has some decent features that you might consider.
- Power consumption: 900 Watts
- Voltage-230-240V, 50Hz
- The material used – stainless steel
- Available colors – red, blue, silver
- Uniform heating – this feature will provide more satisfying food because it is evenly cooked.
- Oil-free cooking – this helps in lessening cholesterol on the rotis and chapattis that you are making which leads to a much healthier you.
- Food grade nonstick coated cooking plat – this assures that the roti and chapatti that you are making are safe for human health. It also makes the cleaning of your tool very easy and hassle-free.
- The product is truly safe for human use because it is made of food grade materials.
- The product will surely last long because of the durable materials used in creating this one of a kind product.
- This product lets you create perfect circular and thin-sliced rotis for a much satisfying eating experience.
- The design of its lever grip is easy to handle that is why you will not have a hard time operating this machine.
- The product is very affordable which makes it very desirable to buy.
- Although it is made of steel which is a sturdy material, the steel tends to be thin compared to other brands.
6. Harcharan Sales Chapati/ Roti/Khakhra Maker C-02 Wattage – Premium Design
If you want your roti making the experience to be exquisite and at the same time luxurious, then you might want to check out this Harcharan Roti Maker. It has a sophisticated yet user-friendly design that will surely make your roti experience enjoyable.
- Multi-purpose – aside from roti you can also make your favorite chapatti and khakhra with the use of this machine.
- Non-Stick Roti Maker – this will give you the peace of mind that you will have a hassle-free creation of your favorite roti, chapatti, and khakhra. This will also add up some ease in cleaning your machine.
- Uniform Heating – this feature will give you an assurance that your food is evenly cooked which results in a much better taste and texture
- Oil-Free Cooking – by having this feature you are lessening the chances of accumulating diseases that are because of cooking oils.
- Diameter – 8 inch
- Power consumption – 1000 watts
- Voltage – 230-240V, 50Hz
- Wide base – provides stability and at the same time larger the roti, chapatti, and khakhra that you are creating.
- Your money is truly worth it because it is multifunctional and can also be used for creating khakhra and chapatti.
- By using this roti maker you are doing a lot of good benefits to your health because it does not need cooking oil for it to make your favorite rotis.
- Its uniform heating will guarantee you that you will get the best texture for every roti that you will create.
- Its non-stick coating will provide you better outputs and at the same time, it will make it easier for you to clean it.
- The product is a little bit expensive.
- It consumes more electricity compared to other brands.
7. Prestige PRM 3.0 Stainless Steel Roti Maker – Thick Durable Body
For us, Indians eating roti is included in our everyday routine that is why a heavy roti maker is truly a basic requirement. With Prestige PRM 3.0 this is attainable because of its heavy-duty structure you will surely never go wrong!
- The material used – stainless steel body
- Power consumption – 900 Watts
- Non-stick plate – this feature is one of the best in both worlds as it enables you to clean it easily after use and at the same time give a better texture to your roti.
- Dimensions – 30 x 20 x 21 cm
- Weight – 1.4 kg
- Package includes – 1 Roti Maker and 1 Instruction Manual
- It has a non-stick coating which gives you a lot of privilege such as make rotis and cleans the machine without any hassles as well.
- The product has no complicated mechanism that is why you will not have a hard time using it.
- It has a durable material specifically stainless steel which will give you an assurance that it will truly last long.
- Its handle is very easy and comfortable to grip which will make the job easier and safer.
- Putting more water is necessary as it dries up the roti very fast.
8. Jaipuri Haat Marble Roti Maker – All-Natural and Handmade
Maybe you are eyeing to create rotis in an old school way but with the help of some tool? Then this Jaipuri Haar Marble Roti Maker I perfect for you as it will bring back some memories on how our grandmothers are creating our favorite roti.
- Package includes -green marble chakla/marble roti maker/marble rolling board
- Diameter – 22 centimeters
- Length – 3 centimeters
- The material used – green marble
- A perfect base – this ensures that the base is properly balanced every time that you are using the item.
- Mirror finish – this will ensure that while you are making your roti it will not stick on the surface and at the same time it is easier to clean.
- Dishwasher Safe – using a dishwashing liquid on it for cleaning will not harm or damage the item.
- 100 percent natural – the product is made by artisans, that is why it is fully handmade and this is an assurance that it does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- It is made of high-quality marble which will ensure that the product will not deteriorate easily even you are using it on a daily basis.
- The product has a huge diameter which gives you the privilege of creating roti easily
- It is 100 percent natural and does not contain any chemicals which makes it very safe for human’s health.
- It is very easy to clean because of its smooth texture.
- It is very stable while you are using it because it has an even base which makes it very hassle-free to use.
- It is stylish which will greatly add up some design in your kitchen.
- It is very affordable that is why anyone can have the capacity to buy it.
- It requires a lot of manual intervention.
9. FAVY Eagle/National Roti Maker – Shockproof with Demo CD
For people that are on the quest for a tough roti maker then this is probably the best choice that you should go for. This product has the stability that you will surely love because of its shockproof feature!
- Shockproof feature – this ensures that the product can withstand harsh conditions which give a guarantee that the product will really last long.
- Nonstick coating – this will help you lift up your roti without any hassles and at the same time will help you clean the product easily.
- Oil-free cooking – this provides healthier rotis which will improve your overall health significantly
- It comes with a demo CD for tutorials for you to learn more about creating your very own rotis.
- The product is made of high-quality material which will give you a guarantee that it will last really long.
- Compared to other brands this roti maker tends to cook rotis a bit quicker.
- You can easily clean it because of its non-stick coating and will also give you a lot of ease while you are making rotis.
- The materials used in this product do not contain any harmful chemicals that could harm human’s health.
- More effort is required in pressing the handle.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use a roti maker?
Put the dough in the center of the bottom plate and close the lid for it to flatten. Hold it tightly then enclosed it with a little bit of force.
Wait for it until the dough spreads out automatically to get the shape of the roti.
Lift the cover so that moisture will enter this will allow the air bubbles to appear.
Lift the roti and turn it to the other side and then close the lid cover and turn on the roti maker.
You have to wait now until the red light has finished blinking which only depicts that the cooking has concluded.
2. Is roti maker safe for human’s health?
Absolutely yes, simply because roti makers have food grade materials which do not contain any chemicals that can harm our health.
3. Do roti makers consume so much electricity?
It primarily depends on the model of your roti maker but mostly they consume very little power. However, there are some roti makers that are completely manual that is why you should not be bothered about your electricity bill.
4. Is it safe to buy a roti maker online?
Yes, as long it is bought from a trusted website like Amazon.
5. Which is advisable to buy an electronic roti maker or a manual one?
It primarily depends on your preference however if you are a person that is always on the go an electronic one is the most appropriate to go for. But if you plan to use it outdoors a manual one is the best choice for you.
6. How often can I use an automatic roti maker?
You can use it every day without any limitation. However, it is an electronic device so it is much better to give it some rest after using it by turning it off and unplugging it on the electrical outlet.
7. What maintenance that I can do on my roti maker to keep it in tiptop shape?
For the automatic ones, cleaning it after use is a great way to avoid any malfunctions that are caused by dirt and residue. And for the manual ones which are usually made of marble then you must keep it dry after cleaning and avoid exposing it on tremendous heat and always keep it in a cool dry place.
8. Aside from roti? What else can I make on a roti maker?
Although some of the roti makers only allow roti to be created on their machine, there are some that are multifunctional. Some of the delicacies that you can create are chapattis, khakhra, puri, papad and other kinds of dough.
9. Is there a significant difference in the roti that is created on an automatic roti maker and on a manual one?
Yes, there is a large difference as automatic roti makers provide uniform heating, which makes the roti created on them more desirable and evenly cooked.
Wow, we are glad that you have come this far reading this review regarding the top roti makers here in India. But before we part ways, we will give you the list of the best roti makers according to its price range. So let’s start!
For the expensive price range, we recommend Molo New Roti Maker because of its premium features that you will surely love. Next is for the mid-price range, the best one would be Bajaj Vacco C-02 Chapatti Maker because of its extraordinary features with an added freebie which is a demo CD that will help you learn to create perfect rotis.
Last but not the least, for the low price range Vinayak Crafters Marble Roti Maker because of its affordability and at the same time does not compromise the quality of the product that is why it is a win-win situation if you will buy it.