Top 10 Over-Ear Headphones
Looking for the best headphone will depend on your preference as we have different kinds of headphones manufactured by different brands. We have over-ear headphones, noise-canceling headphones and in-ear headphones which you can use comfortably for playing audio sound for your listening pleasure.
Earphones come in various sizes. There are wired earphones, wireless earphones and there are over-ear headphones. If ultimate sound quality and comfort is your goal, then an over-ear headphone is the best choice.
There are many brands of headphone manufacturers offering quality headphone products with top-notch features and at varied prices. Do not mind your budget for you will find over-ear headphones at different prices and you can choose the one suitable for your budget.
Since you will be perplexed to find such a gigantic collection of best over-ear headphones in the market, choosing might become a hectic job. So to aid you in choosing the right one, here we have provided a brief guide on these headphones.
Top 10 Over-Ear Headphones
Best Bass Headphones
Best Bass Headphones
Solid Sound System
Award Winning Headphone
Wireless & Sporty
Features of Over-Ear Headphones
Over-Ear headphones are different from other kinds of headphones because of their size and shapes. They are profoundly big and will not go unnoticeable as the in-ear headphone.
Also, they provide quality sound with good resolution and protection to the ear.
The over-ear headphone has become more popular and trendy as the manufacturer has added great features to enable you to enjoy high-quality sound.
Here are some noticeable features that are common to all brands of over-ear headphones:
Big in size
One of the obvious features of over-ear headphones is the size, for they are not as portable as an in-ear headphone. When we say they are not as portable, it does not mean that you cannot carry them easily on the road or to take a walk in the park.
One thing about this headphone is that they are not conspicuous, and everyone will notice you have one on your ear. These headphones have become very trendy as it is common with younger people with this big size headphones on their ears when they are on the road.
You can as well find it with joggers or those who love taking a walk in the park along with enjoying the high-quality sound with this headphone.
Designed to reject noise from the environment
With most kinds of headphones, you do not enjoy high-quality sound because of noise interference from the environment. But with over-ear headphones, the noises from the environment are completely eliminated, giving your quality sound.
Interference from the environment can reduce the quality of the sound on the headphone. With this headphone, you are assured of quality sound as you enjoy your audio.
Smaller headphones allow noise from the environment to filter into your ear, as it is not made up of padded materials to reduce noise from the environment.
Some critics are not comfortable with this feature, citing safety issues. Well, on the safer side, these headphones only filter the sound.
On normal volume, you can hear someone calling or car horn blaring. It is safe to use headphones on the road as long as you have it on minimal sound and not blaring.
Ease of use
The over-ear headphone is practically easy on the ear as they are very comfortable to wear. They are padded and made of the quality and comfortable material that will cause you no discomfort.
You can find out brands with comfortable headphones and designed beautifully that makes them trendy. Forget the big sizes of the headphone, for they are lightweight and you can carry your headphones with you.
They are also durable and flexible, providing you the flexibility to position them in different ways to fit your head. You can wear them longer without feeling discomfort, for they are lightweight, flexible, and safe to wear for a long time.
The over-ear headphone is a product that has good sound quality because these are very sensitive. The higher the sensitivity of the headphones, the more quality sound the headphone will produce.
The sensitivity of a headphone is measured in decibels, and 100 decibels is appropriate for quality sound
Ear cups for comfort
Over-ear headphones come with earcups that will enable one to use the headphones comfortably. This is one feature of the headphone you should pay particular attention to when choosing headphones.
Ear cups will determine how long you can comfortably use the headphone on your ear. While some are designed to be used for long hours without causing any discomfort or pain to the ear, others may not be so comfortable to use for long hours.
You can either connect your over-ear headphone using the common 3.5mm jack, or you can use a Bluetooth device for connectivity. Some headphones have both wireless and wired connection type, while others have one type of connection.
With Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect to almost all devices with Bluetooth. More people love using a device with both wired and wireless connections so they can have the option to use any of these connect that suit them in any instances.
One of the features you should look for in an over-ear headphone is whether it has a built-in microphone. With this feature, you can easily make calls handsfree while you are busy with your activities, such as jogging or other exercise activities.
Some of these headphones use batteries to power the headphones for connecting or playing music. You should check the battery so that you can use the headphones effectively and also the type and capacity of the battery.
How to Use Over-Ear Headphone
The headphone can be fragile, and for you to use it for a long time, you have to be careful with it. Headphones require care even if they are made up of durable material; you still have to take care of the fragile accessories.
For your over-ear headphone, below are some useful tips that will ensure they last longer, and you enjoy using the headphones.
Avoid folding the wire.
If you are using an over-ear headphone with wire, you have to be very careful about how you handle the wire. Folding of the headphone wire may cause damage to the headphone and affect the sound quality of the headphones.
In most cases, the wire may be cut off, and this may cause loss of sound to the headphone, or one side of the headphones may reduce the sound quality.
One should mind how you store your headphones after use to prevent the wire from folding.
Some people swing the wire of the headphone, which will weaken the wire in time. Stressing the wire beyond what it can take will reduce sound quality or damage the headphone.
Avoid sharing headphone
One should avoid sharing a headphone with other people or minimize the number of people that use your headphones. People are less concerned with the sharing of over-ear headphones because they feel it is safer to do with these headphones.
Unlike in-ear headphones, you do not insert the head of the headphones inside your ear. But with over-ear headphones, it is not advisable to share this headphone.
You may run the risk of contracting skin disease with others who sweat on the headphone.
Don’t put a load on your headphones.
We know headphones are very fragile, and you should avoid putting loads on this headphone. When packing bags for traveling, ensure you put the headphones at the top, with nothing on top of the headphone.
You will protect the headphones from being damaged when you put it on top loads on to these bags. If possible, hold the headphones on your hands or have them over your neck while traveling.
Avoid it getting wet.
For safety, avoid your headphones from getting wet, and it is OK to clean it dry. Water can damage the headphone, especially the earpiece, which will affect the sound of the headphone.
Don’t immerse it in water and avoid using the headphones while it is raining. This is to protect the headphones and avoid shock.
Handle with care
If you want to use headphones for a longer time, ensure you handle with care and mind the way you drop them so as not to break the headphone. Also, mind the way you handle the cable as you do not tangle the headphone.
This may damage the cord and reduce the sound quality of the headphone. Always ensure the cord of the headphone is kept straight at all times.
9 of the Best over Ear Headphone
There are so many brands of over-ear headphones online, and each has its unique features that make them stand out. Here we introduce you to some of the best over the ear headphones you will find in the market.
We will consider their unique features, pros, and cons of these features and their prices. With all these put into consideration, we will be making it easy for you to choose suitable over-ear headphones for you.
1. Boat Rockerz Bluetooth Headphones – Our Pick
The Boat Rockerz 400 On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones (Carbon Black) has made it easy to use your over-ear headphone with its Bluetooth connectivity. The Headphone offers great flexibility as you can move around a long distance with your headphones with the audio device some distance away.
This is no doubt one of the best wireless over-ear headphones available.
Easy to control as you can answer your call or control your music playback with the control just by the ear pad. Offer clarity with its sound system with a super bass system and filters away noise from the environment so you can enjoy good music.
One of the greatest advantages of this device is that you can move around easily, and it is fashionable to wear. It runs on the battery as on play; it can last for 8 hours while last more on standby.
You can use wire and go wireless with this headphone at any time in whatever way you prefer.
- It has a wireless range of 10 m, which is long enough from your audio device.
- The battery lasts 8 hours when in use and 100 hours on standby.
- It has a microphone which has noise cancelation features.
- Offer a very clear sound with its super bass.
- It is compatible with more devices than most headphone with its Bluetooth connectivity like iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android Device, Window Devices, and Other Bluetooth Supported Devices*
- The product dimension is 24.1 x 20.6 x 8.1 cm.
- It requires a battery and comes delivered with batteries.
- The connector type is Bluetooth.
- It requires a battery power of 250 milliamp_hours.
- Super bass for quality sound.
- Best value for your money.
- Suitable for any device with Bluetooth connectivity.
- It has long battery life.
- Quality material.
- Hard earpad which may hurt your ears
2. Motorola Pulse 3 Max Over-Ear Wired Headphones
The Motorola Pulse 3 headphones come with rotating ear cups and are ultra-light, which makes them easy for traveling. The integrated inline microphones let you call handsfree and control playback.
These over the head headphones offer 40 mm drivers deliver smooth sound with super extra bass and clear and natural vocals from 20-20000 Hz.
The on-ear headphones with swivel earcups offer to give flexible and comfortable wearing for everyone. It also has a tangle-free wire of 3.5 mm audio jack, and the headphones are foldable hence easy to carry.
- The headphones have a dimension of 8.9 x 16.2 x 20 cm.
- 1AA lithium batteries are used, and the connector type is wired.
- The headphones are compatible with Alexa.
- The ergonomic design makes the headphones comfortable for listening without interruption.
- The headphones merely weigh 181 g, making it feather-light.
- The foldable and self-adjustable ear cups make it convenient for storage.
- The 3.5 m jack is compatible with laptop, audio player, tablet, and mobile.
- The product comes with 12 months warranty.
- Top build quality and rigid design.
- Great sound and bass quality.
- The headphones come with soft padding that completely covers the ears.
- Very comfortable and fits perfectly over the head.
- Aux cable’s quality is average.
3. Boat BassHeads Wired Headphone – Best Bass Headphones
Boat over ear headphones is known for its amazing design and top-notch sound. Affordable Over-Ear Headphones for music on the go with this adjustable headphone.
The Headphone can fit everyone as you can adjust it to fit any size of the head.
Strong bass system for you to enjoy the good sound from your music blaring from these headphones. Snug fit on the headphone provides partial noise isolation so you can reduce the interference from the environment.
The best over-ear headphones with the mic you can get for the best price as it goes below INR1000.
Change track easily and make calls handsfree with the microphone attached to the cord of the Headphone. It has a 3.5mm cord that gives you enough room to move about with your headphones.
- The product dimension is 15.5 x 18.5 x 7 cm.
- It comes with an in-line microphone for making calls and playback functions.
- The extra-base for quality sound production.
- Snug fit for flexible and comfortable wearing on the ear.
- It comes with a lithium-ion battery composition.
- Compact and Foldable, which makes it easy for packing when traveling.
- Super extra bass for good sound composition.
- The range of quality listening frequency is from 20 – 2000 Hz.
- Extra bass provides quality sound for your musical experience.
- Flexible over-ear headphones, and you can easily pack it on your luggage when traveling.
- It is an affordable headphone and one of the best you can get on a budget.
- Sleek and trendy designed to match your style.
- One can easily control calls and playback features with its in-line mic.
- The material used in manufacturing the Headphone is poor and not durable.
- It does not fully eliminate the noise.
4. Philips Stereo Headphones – Solid Sound System
If you are on a budget and looking for the perfect headphone for listening to music, then the Philips SHP1900/10 Over-Ear Stereo Headphones (Black) is your best option. Enjoy quality sound with no distortion as you have noise completely blocked using this headphone.
You will not feel any weight as you wear this on your ear and enjoy the good sound quality. You can only get it in black color, and it is designed to make you feel comfortable and trendy.
You will feel the quality bass sound with the ear cushion, which also makes it comfortable as you wear it for a long time. The cord is 2m long, and you can feel free to put your audio device in your bag while taking a walk and moving comfortably.
You can use this headphone for all audio devices, including television, mp3, laptops, and computer, etc.
- Enjoy quality sound with the 20-20000Hz frequency range.
- It has a 2m long cable for flexibility.
- The Headphone has an ear cushion for comfort.
- The ear pad is big and can cover the whole ear to reduce noise interference.
- The product dimension is 18.2 x 9.5 x 17.1 cm.
- Highly sensitive with 98dB sensitivity/32ohm impedance.
- Power input of 500mW.
- Good bass and treble balance for good sound quality.
- Total noise blocks so you can enjoy your music in a noisy place.
- It is readily affordable just under INR 600.
- You can hardly feel these headphones because it is extremely lightweight.
- It does not have a microphone, so you cannot make a call with this headphone.
- It is not advisable to use this headphone at high volume in the street for you are oblivious of noise around you.
5. Sony Extra Bass Headphones – Smart Headphone
Check out this unique over-ear headphone from Sony as you can download apps from the play store to use on these headphones. It is a smart over-ear headphone, and you can control it with suitable programs installed on the Headphone.
The cable wire is made up of durable material, and the cable is designed with finely grooved serrated cable, so it does not tangle. Super bass sound so you can enjoy music as if you are in a live show or festival.
With a swivel design, you can fold the ear cup and make it flat so you can store and carry it around easily.
Sony is a reputable company and with this smart headphone, it gets compatible with Android 4.0 and higher.
Talk handsfree and control your music with this unique and wonderful inline features that make it easy and fun using the Headphone.
- The product dimension is 21 x 6 x 28 cm
- The frequency range is 5 to 22000 Hz
- Enjoy handsfree calling with inline remote and mic.
- Best sound quality as you can control the bass.
- Smart device compatible with Android 4.0.
- Earbuds that are cushioned and designed to be soft on the ear.
- The wire is used for connecting the headphone.
- The durable cord is tangle free and easy to store.
- It comes with one instructional and reference guide.
- The Headphone works with any phone with a 3.5mm audio jack.
- The bass quality and sound system are clear for listening to music.
- Sleet design from a reputable company.
- The headphone is made of plastic, and one has to be careful in using it.
6. Nu Republic Starboy Headphone – Dynamic Headphone
Check out this dynamic headphone from a reputable brand, the Nu Republic with its sleek black design. The ear cup can be rotated and folded and can fit into your bags as you can easily move them around.
Adjustable headset to fit your head tightly and it is extremely lightweight, so you do not feel it even after using it for long hours.
The wire cord comes with a built-in mic, and you can make calls and control your music easily.
It also has an inline remote control, so you do not have to handle your phones to accept and cancel calls, or use your audio device to change track or play music.
It uses Bluetooth connection as well as wire connection, which can also be used to charge the battery.
- The dimension of the device is 4.5 x 16.7 x 19 cm.
- Control your calls and playback features with its inline remote control.
- The headphone has a microphone.
- It has Bluetooth for connection.
- The ear cup is foldable, and they are light in weight.
- It comes with a 50mm driver.
- The battery can last 8 hours.
- The headphone has a battery.
- Make calls handsfree with its inline remote control.
- Lovely and attractive, designed for your trendy style.
- Adjustable headset so you can fit it to your head properly.
- Soft ear cup for comfortable listening for a longer time.
- Foldable ear up for easy storage.
- The material is not durable.
- Not compatible with many devices.
7. Audio Technica Headphones – Award Winning Headphone
If you are looking for something dynamic, that will give you the best sound for your music.
This award-winning headphone has been manufactured with the best formula to ensure total sound quality canceling the outside noise to the nearest minimal.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Over-Ear Professional Studio Monitor Headphones (Black) is durably made out of pro-grade material that also ensures that it is comfortable to use. The Headphone is part of the M series of the new brand series.
Although this headphone is on the high side when it comes to the price, it is worth the money and one of the best headphones for the money.
The cable is long enough, and it is non Collapsible while the ear cup can swivel about 15 degrees. You can also adjust the Headphone to fit into any size of head comfortably as it is flexible.
- The product dimension is 29 x 25.4 x 10.4 cm
- The cable is 9.8 inches long.
- It weighs 6.7oz.
- Earcup swivels 15 degrees both ways.
- Maximum power input is 700mW.
- The frequency response is 15- 20,000 Hz.
- wired-3.5mm single pin connection type.
- It has 40mm drivers.
- It is suitable for music production and mixing.
- One of the best headphones for the moment as you do not have to worry because of the quality of the Headphone.
- The sound is more real and clear to the ear.
- Total noise block and minimal noise leak.
- Manufactured with quality material.
- It is not suitable for long use because the ear will start heating up and cause discomfort.
- The headphone and ear cushions are very stiff and cause more discomfort.
8. TAGG SoundGear Wired Headphones – Lightweight
TAGG has proven to be one of the best customer friendly brands for your over-ear headphone. This is because they had paid attention to what their customers desired in the production of this TAGG Over-Ear Headphone.
They have added some new features that have made the Headphone more user-friendly and producing top-quality sound.
Enjoy quality sound and comfort while using the headphones to make calls and listen to music. The headphones are lightweight and can be folded easily for easy packing when traveling.
With its adjustable features, you can save space for your luggage for other items.
Make calls easily with the mic on the headphone and enjoy a multifunctional button that you can easily reach to answer calls. From the button, you can also play music, change tracks and also pause music with easily.
The headphone can be used on laptops, speakers, and other audio devices with a suitable audio jack.
- The product dimension is 15 x 7 x 19 cm.
- It has a built-in microphone that will enable you to make hands free calls.
- An audio cord of 1.2m length gives you enough space to move with the headphones.
- Multifunctional controller button that will enable you to answer calls play music, skip tracks and stop tracks.
- The material used in manufacturing these products is lightweight and durable for comfortable and long-lasting use.
- It has a 3.5mm jack which you can use on multiple audios decides like laptops, mobile phones, mp3 players and other audio devices.
- Access to Siri and Google assistant with the multifunctional button.
- It has a wired connector type.
- Extra comfort when using this headphone with its padded earpiece.
- Easy to use for calls and playing music with its multifunctional button that can be easily reached.
- The TAGG headphones are made of solid, durable material.
- You can answer and hang up calls with these headphones.
- A quality sound system that eliminates noise from the environment.
- It is affordable for the features are of top quality compared to the price.
- No negative points observed so far.
9. Sennheiser Headphones – Affordable
This is one of the best over ear headphones you can find on the market for those on a budget. It is a lightweight headphone that produces quality sound for music lovers.
With a suitable balance of bass, you can enjoy the best of sound from a headphone you can find at this price.
A headphone beautifully designed with bright silver color is a sight to behold with its trendy design.
The headphone may not completely cancel out the noise from the environment, but it regulates the noise enough to ensure you enjoy the music.
Comfortable on the ear as you experience no pain using it for a long time with its padded earpiece made up of soft material. Enjoy listening to music as you move about easily with its audio cord about 3 to 4 meters long.
- The cable length is 3m long.
- It is lightweight and weighs just 215 grams.
- Leatherette ear pads of high quality for comfort.
- The product dimension is 4 x 16 x 18 cm.
- It comes with a stereo jack adaptor.
- Moderate bass for listening to music.
- Quality noise attenuation for reducing noise.
- It weighs just 165 grams without the cord.
- You get two years warranty with this product.
- Excellent customer policy with a two-year warranty on the product.
- It is extremely lightweight, and you can wear it for a long time without causing pain in your ear.
- It is affordable for the quality of the product and good for listening to music.
- Sleek and catchy design with its silver color.
- The cable length looks enough to give you some room to move around while playing music from your devices.
- There is no complete elimination of noise.
- Average bass quality for listening to music or you can get a better headphone with top bass quality.
10. Leaf Bass Wireless Headphones – Wireless & Sporty
Leaf Bass is one of the best headphones for your sports activities like jogging, walking or any outdoor and indoor exercises. With its inline remote control, you can now turn on or change your music easily while on the go.
You can answer calls easily and use it for a very long time without experiencing pain in your ear. With both wired and wireless connectivity, you can use this headphone to connect to more devices.
With its Bluetooth v4.1 version, you can be guaranteed of strong connectivity as you enjoy a solid sound system.
The Headphone is adjustable and can be fitted tightly on your head. And you can enjoy its long-lasting battery capacity as you can play music for up to 10 hours.
Power the battery very fast in just 2 and a half hours as you have fun with these headphones.
- It uses Bluetooth v4.1 version.
- The cord length is 1.2m.
- Works on a frequency of 20 to 20000 Hz.
- Works perfectly on a range of up to 10m.
- Longtime listening to music with its ultra-soft ear cup.
- It has an inline remote, so you don’t have to hold your device to answer calls, play or change tracks.
- The product dimension is 17 x 7.3 x 18 cm.
- It comes with a battery that lasts 10 hours.
- The battery composition is lithium-ion.
- It comes with a USB cord and Aux cable.
- Perfect for listening to music with good sound quality.
- Works perfectly on any device with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Cancel 90% of the noise outside for good experience.
- Long-lasting battery and it can last for 10 hours.
- Easy to use with less stress with its inline remote control.
- It gives you real value for your money with its great prices.
- At the highest volume, people around you can hear what you are playing.
- It is not advisable to wear the Headphone for long because it causes pain in the ear.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the most comfortable over-ear headphones?
Over-ear headphones are comfortable since they offer high-quality bass, noise cancellation, create a secure space over the ear as they do not sweat. Following are most comfortable over-ear headphones
- Sony Extra Bass Headphones
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless (II)
- Boat Rockerz Bluetooth Headphones
- Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
- Sony MDR-1A
2. Do over-ear headphones sound better?
Over-ear, also known as circumaural headphones, are considered to be the highest quality sound provider headphones since they have large drivers that emit deep and clear bass.
Over-ear headphone covers the entire ears hence giving a good level of noise isolation.
3. What are the best features to look for an over-ear headphone suitable for easy storage while traveling?
You should look for a headphone with swivel features which ensure that the ear cups can be folded flat. When they are positioned on this flat side, you can see them or pack them in your luggage without damaging the Headphone.
4. What kind of headphones is suitable for studio work and mixing?
The Audio-Technica Ath-M20xOver-EarProfessionalStudioMonitorHeadphones (Black) is the best headphone for studio works. You will enjoy the quality and clear sound system and do your studios work perfectly.
5. Why should I choose a wireless headphone?
The wireless headphone is suitable for sports activities where you move around more. You can place the audio device some 10 meters away and still be able to connect through Bluetooth.
So with Bluetooth devices, you do not have to be close to the device to connect with your headphones.
6. Will sharing my headphones affect the size of the headset?
Most headphones come with an adjustable head, and you can adjust them to fit any size of the head.
You can adjust it to fit your head perfectly, and you will be free to move around freely without worrying about the Headphone falling off.
7. Which are the best headphones for jogging and outdoor exercises?
Go for theLeafBassWirelessHeadphoneswithMic for your outdoor activities. You can enjoy music for long hours up to 10 hours of battery life with this headphone, so you do not have to worry about battery life while jogging.
Also, it is wireless, and you can connect any of your audio devices to it. You do not have to worry about the cable dangling while performing your activities as the audio device can be some safe distance away.
You also get to enjoy the quality sound with the good bass system on the go and reduced noise interference with this headphone.
It is also stylish and trendy as you catch the attention of people in your outdoor activities. You also have to control your device with the inline remote control.
Answer calls with this hands free device while jogging and change music or stop the track with easy command using the inline remote control.
8. Which features should I look for if I want to use my headphones to make calls?
The only features that you will require if you want to use your headphones to make a call are that it has a mic. With the mic, you can be able to talk back to the person at the other receiving end for a two-way conversation.
Not all headphones come with a mic as some are just for listening to music. The mic has other functions than being used for answering calls, as you can also use them for playback functions and recording sounds on your system.
Hopefully, from the above mentioned best rated over-ear headphones, now it will become much easier for you to choose one. From these, our top three picks include Boat Rockerz 400 On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones, Boat BassHeads 900 Wired Headphone with Mic and Philips SHP1900/10 Over-Ear Stereo Headphones.
Choosing a suitable over-ear headphone is one difficult task because of the numerous choices we have online.
There are different brands to choose from a couple with the different kind of features you will find on these headphones that makes a choice a difficult one.
You have to consider your needs by the features you will find on these headphones. Look for features that meet your needs and that you can use comfortably along with your activities.
Also, you have to consider your budget in choosing a suitable headphone. You will get a good headphone with nice features that will suit your need at an affordable price.
Do not focus on the price because the higher the price does not necessarily mean the better the Headphone.
We have listed out ten of the best over ear headphones you can find online. From the list mentioned above, you will find a suitable one that will meet your needs as well as your budget demand.