Top 9 Over-Ear Headphones
If you are an audiophile who is passionate about high-quality sounds and loves to listen to every beat in great depth and detailed clarity; then over-ear headphones are perfect for your musical voyage.
The over-ear headphones are designed to cover your ear for delivering amazing sounds with minimal external interruptions.
Put on these headphones and isolate yourself from nearby surroundings for experiencing immersive music.
These over-ear headphones are a reliable companion for music-lovers for allowing them to experience their musical obsession with full vigour. They give you the ultimate comfort and look cool and trendy as well.
Top 9 Over-Ear Headphones in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Best Bass Headphones
Best Bass Headphones
Solid Sound System
Wireless & Sporty
Features of Over-Ear Headphones
Also, they provide quality sound with good resolution and protection to the ear.
The over-ear headphone has become more popular and trendy as the manufacturers have added great features to enable you to enjoy high-quality sound.
Here are some noticeable features that are common to all brands of over-ear headphones:
Large in Size
One of the obvious features of over-ear headphones is the size, for they are not as portable as an in-ear headphone.
By not being portable, it does not mean that you cannot carry them easily on the road or to take a walk in the park. It just means that they are not as easy to carry around as the in-ear headphones.
One thing about these headphones is that they are large-sized, and everyone will notice you have one on your head. These headphones have become very trendy for younger people to be seen wearing these over-ear headphones.
Designed to reject noise from the environment
With most kinds of headphones, you can not enjoy high-quality sound because of noise interference from the environment. But, with over-ear headphones, the noises from the environment are eliminated, giving your quality sound.
Interference from the environment can reduce the quality of the sound on the headphone. With over-ear headphones, you are assured of quality sound as you enjoy your audio.
Smaller headphones allow noise from the environment to filter into your ear, as they are not made up of padded materials to reduce noise from the environment.
Some people are not comfortable with this feature, citing safety issues. Well, on the safer side, these headphones only filter the sound.
On normal volume, you can hear someone calling you or car horns blaring. It is safe to use these headphones on the road as long as you do not have them on full blast.
Ease of use
The over-ear headphone is practically easy on the ear as they are very comfortable to wear. They are padded and made of good quality and comfortable material that will cause you no discomfort.
You can find brands with comfortable headphones and designed beautifully that makes them trendy.
They are also durable and flexible, providing you with the flexibility to position them in different ways to fit your head. You can wear them for a long time without feeling discomfort because they are lightweight, flexible, and safe to wear.
The over-ear headphone is a product that has good sound quality because these are very sensitive. The higher the sensitivity of the headphones, the more quality sound the headphone will produce.
The sensitivity of a headphone is measured in decibels, and 100 decibels is appropriate for quality sound.
Earcups for comfort
Over-ear headphones come with earcups that will enable one to use the headphones comfortably. This is one feature of the headphone you should pay particular attention to when choosing headphones.
Ear cups will determine how long you can comfortably use the headphone on your ear.
While some are designed to be used for long hours without causing any discomfort or pain to the ear, others may not be so comfortable to use for long hours.
You can either connect your over-ear headphone using the common 3.5mm jack, or you can use a Bluetooth device for connectivity. Some headphones have both wireless and wired connection type, while others have one type of connection.
With Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect to almost all devices with Bluetooth.
Most people love using a device with both wired and wireless connections so they can have the option to use any of these connections that suit them in any situation.
One of the features you should look for in an over-ear headphone is whether it has a built-in microphone. With this feature, you can easily make calls hands-free while continuing your activities, such as jogging or other exercises.
Some of these headphones use batteries to power the headphones for connecting or playing music. You should check the type and capacity of the battery so that you can use the headphones effectively.
How to Use Over-Ear Headphone?
The headphone can be fragile, and if you use them for a long time, you have to be careful with them. Headphones require care even if they are made up of durable material; you still have to take care of the fragile accessories.
Below are some useful tips for your over-ear headphone that will ensure they last longer, and you enjoy using the headphones.
Avoid folding the wire
If you are using an over-ear headphone with a wire, you have to be very careful about handling the wire. Folding the headphone wire may cause damage to the headphone and affect the headphones’ sound quality.
In most cases, the wire may get cut off, which may cause loss of sound to the headphone, or one side of the headphones may reduce the sound quality.
Keep in mind how you store your headphones after use to prevent the wire from folding.
Some people swing the wire of the headphone, which will weaken the wire. Stressing the wire beyond what it can take will reduce sound quality or damage the headphone.
Avoid sharing your headphone
One should avoid sharing the headphone with other people or minimize the number of people that use your headphones. People are less concerned with the sharing of over-ear headphones because they feel it is safer to do with these headphones.
Unlike in-ear headphones, you do not insert the head of the headphones inside your ear. But even with over-ear headphones, it is advisable not to share them.
You may run the risk of contracting a skin disease with others who sweat on the headphone.
Don’t put a heavy load on your headphones
We know headphones are very fragile, and you should avoid putting loads on these headphones. When packing bags, ensure you put the headphones at the end, with nothing on top to damage them.
If possible, hold the headphones in your hand or have them over your neck while travelling.
Avoid getting it wet
For safety, avoid your headphones from getting wet, but it is OK to clean them with a damp cloth. Water can damage the headphone, especially the earpiece, which will affect the sound of the headphone.
Don’t immerse it in water and avoid using the headphones while it is raining. This is to protect the headphones and avoid shock.
Handle with care
If you want to use headphones for a longer time, ensure you handle them with care. Try not to drop them and mind how you handle the cable as you do not want to tangle the headphone.
This may damage the cord and reduce the sound quality of the headphone. Always ensure the cord of the headphone is kept straight at all times.
9 Best over-ear Headphones
1. Boat Rockerz Bluetooth Headphones – Our Pick
The Boat Rockerz 400 On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones (Carbon Black) has made it easy to use your over-ear headphone with its Bluetooth connectivity. These cool looking headphones offer great flexibility as you can move around a long distance with your headphones with the audio device some distance away.
This is no doubt one of the best wireless over-ear headphones available.
Easy to control as you can answer your call or control your music playback with the control just by the ear pad. Offer clarity with its sound system with a super bass system and filters away noise from the environment so you can enjoy good music.
It runs on battery and can last for 8 hours on play and longer on standby.
You can use the wire and go wireless with this headphone at any time you want to.
- It has a wireless range of 10 m, which is long and convenient.
- The battery lasts 8 hours when in use and 100 hours on standby.
- It has a microphone that has noise cancellation features.
- Offers a very clear sound with its super bass.
- It is compatible with more devices than most headphones with its Bluetooth and can connect to iPhone, iPod, iPad, Android Device, Window Devices, and Other Bluetooth Supported Devices.*
- It requires a battery and comes with batteries.
- The connector type is Bluetooth.
- It requires a battery power of 250 milliamp_hours.
- Super bass for quality sound.
- Best value for your money.
- Suitable for any device with Bluetooth connectivity.
- It has a long battery life.
- Made out of good quality material.
- Hard earpad which may hurt your ears.
2. Motorola Pulse 3 Max Over-Ear Wired Headphones
The Motorola Pulse 3 headphones come with rotating ear cups and are ultra-light, making them easy for travelling. The integrated inline microphones let you call hands-free and control playback.
These over the head headphones offer 40 mm drivers deliver smooth sound with super extra bass and clear and natural vocals from 20-20000 Hz.
They are sturdy headphones with swivel earcups that offer to give flexible and comfortable wearing for everyone. It also has a tangle-free wire of 3.5 mm audio jack, and the headphones are foldable hence easy to carry.
- The headphones have a dimension of 8.9 x 16.2 x 20 cm.
- 1AA lithium batteries are used, and the connector type is wired.
- The headphones are compatible with Alexa.
- The ergonomic design makes the headphones comfortable for listening without interruption.
- The headphones merely weigh 181 g, making it feather-light.
- The foldable and self-adjustable ear cups make it convenient for storage.
- The 3.5 m jack is compatible with a laptop, audio player, tablet, and mobile.
- The product comes with 12 months warranty.
- Top build quality and rigid design.
- Great sound and bass quality.
- The headphones come with soft padding that completely covers the ears.
- Very comfortable and fits perfectly over the head.
- Aux cable’s quality is average.
3. Boat Rockerz 550 Over-Ear Wireless Headphone
Boat Rockerz 550 is a wireless and sturdy over-ear headphone that features a trendy and ergonomic design. Its stylish appearance perfectly matches the musical needs of next-gen youth and on-the-go professionals.
- These headphones are equipped with the latest Bluetooth v 5.0.
- It features a powerful 500mAh battery that delivers a long-lasting playtime of up to 20 hours.
- It comes with 50mm dynamic drivers that supply immersive sounds.
- It features a built-in mic that comes with a single press voice assistant.
- You can easily give voice commands for added convenience and musical comfort. It supports Apple’s voice assistant “Siri” and Google voice assistant.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase. There are multiple ways of claiming your warranty, including sending emails to support.boat-lifestyle.com or calling at +912249461882.
- This over-ear headphone can be utilized in dual modes, including Bluetooth and AUX modes.
- It comes with a 3.5mm aux for converting it into a wired headphone.
- The headband does not feel heavy on the head and is comfortable.
- Excellent mic quality makes it ideal for recording music.
- An ergonomically designed structure that delivers an exceptional and fun musical experience.
- The well-cushioned ear headphones sit comfortably over your ear-cups.
- Deliver excellent noise cancellation.
- It comes with a robust build quality for enhanced durability.
- It offers super-fast connectivity with quick pairing with compatible devices within seconds.
- It does not show any latency while watching videos.
- This over-ear headphone shows a little bit of latency while playing games.
4. Philips Stereo Headphones – Solid Sound System
If you are on a budget and looking for the perfect headphone for listening to music, then the Philips SHP1900/10 Over-Ear Stereo Headphones (Black) is your best option.
Enjoy quality sound with no distortion as you have noise completely blocked out while using this headphone.
You will not feel any extra weight as you wear this on your ear and enjoy the good sound quality. It is available in black and is designed to make you feel comfortable and look trendy.
You will feel the quality bass sound with the ear cushion, making it comfortable even if you wear it for a long time.
The cord is 2m long, which gives you the freedom to put your audio device in your bag while taking a walk and moving comfortably without hassle.
You can use this headphone for all audio devices, including television, mp3, laptops, computer, etc.
- Enjoy quality sound with the 20-20000Hz frequency range.
- It has a 2m long cable for flexibility.
- The headphone has an ear cushion for comfort.
- The ear pad is big and can cover the whole ear to reduce noise interference.
- The product dimension is 18.2 x 9.5 x 17.1 cm.
- Highly sensitive with 98dB sensitivity/32ohm impedance.
- Power input of 500mW.
- Good bass and treble balance for good sound quality.
- Total noise blockage so you can enjoy your music even in a noisy place.
- You can hardly feel these headphones because it is extremely lightweight.
- It does not have a microphone, so you cannot make a call with this headphone.
5. Sony Extra Bass Headphones – Smart Headphone
Check out this unique over-ear headphone from Sony that lets you download apps from the play store to use on these headphones. It is a smart over-ear headphone, and you can control it with programs installed in the headphone.
The cable wire is made up of durable material, and the cable is designed with finely grooved serrated cable, so it does not tangle. It has a super bass sound to enjoy music as if you are in a live show or festival.
With a swivel design, you can fold the ear cup and make it flat so you can store and carry it around easily.
Sony is a reputable company, and with this smart headphone, you can use it with Android 4.0 and higher phones.
Talk handsfree and control your music with these unique and wonderful inline features that make it easy and fun using the Headphone.
- The product dimension is 21 x 6 x 28 cm.
- The frequency range is 5 to 22000 Hz.
- Enjoy hands-free calling with inline remote and mic.
- Best sound quality as you can control the bass.
- Smart device compatible with Android 4.0.
- Earbuds are cushioned and designed to be soft on the ear.
- The wire is used for connecting the headphone.
- The durable cord is tangle free and easy to store.
- The headphone works with any phone with a 3.5mm audio jack.
- The bass quality and sound system give a clear sound of music
- Sleek design from a reputable company.
- The headphone is made of plastic, and so one has to be careful in using it.
6. Nu Republic Starboy Headphone – Dynamic Headphone
Check out this dynamic headphone from a reputable brand, the Nu Republic, with its sleek black design. The ear cup can be rotated and folded and can fit into your bags as you can easily move them around.
It has an adjustable headset to fit your head tightly, and it is extremely lightweight, so you do not feel it even after using it for long hours.
The wire cord comes with a built-in mic, and you can make calls and control your music easily.
It also has an inline remote control, so you do not have to handle your phone to accept and cancel calls, or use your audio device to change track or play music.
It uses a Bluetooth connection and a wired connection, which can also be used to charge the battery.
- The dimension of the device is 4.5 x 16.7 x 19 cm.
- Control your calls and playback features with its inline remote control.
- The headphone has a microphone.
- The ear cup is foldable, and they are light in weight.
- It comes with a 50mm driver.
- The battery can last 8 hours.
- Make calls hands-free with its inline remote control.
- Lovely and attractive design for your trendy style.
- Adjustable headset so you can fit it to your head properly.
- Soft ear cup for comfortable listening for a longer time.
- Foldable ear up for easy storage.
- The material is not durable.
7. Audio Technica Headphones – Award-Winning Headphone
If you are looking for something dynamic, that will give you the best sound for your music, go for this headphone.
This award-winning headphone has been manufactured with the best formula to ensure total sound quality while cancelling the outside noise to the nearest minimal.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Over-Ear Professional Studio Monitor Headphones (Black) is durably made out of pro-grade material that also ensures that it is comfortable to use. The Headphone is part of the M series.
Although this headphone is on the high side of the price, it is worth the money and one of the best headphones for its money.
The cable is long enough, and it is non-collapsible while the ear cup can swivel about 15 degrees. You can also adjust the headphone to fit into any size of head comfortably as it is flexible.
- The product dimension is 29 x 25.4 x 10.4 cm.
- The cable is 9.8 inches long.
- Earcup swivels 15 degrees both ways.
- The maximum power input is 700mW.
- The frequency response is 15- 20,000 Hz.
- wired-3.5mm single pin connection type.
- It has 40mm drivers.
- It is suitable for music production and mixing.
- The headphone offers amazing quality sound.
- The sound is more real and clear to the ear.
- Total noise block and minimal noise leak.
- Manufactured with quality material.
- It is not suitable for long use because the ear will start heating up and cause discomfort.
- The headphone and ear cushions are very stiff and cause discomfort.
8. Sennheiser Headphones – Affordable
This is one of the best over-ear headphones you can find on the market for those on a budget. It is a lightweight headphone that produces quality sound for music lovers.
With a suitable balance of bass, you can enjoy the best sound from a headphone you can find at this price.
A headphone beautifully designed with bright silver colour it is a sight to behold with its trendy design.
The headphone may not completely cancel out the environment’s noise, but it regulates the noise enough to ensure you enjoy the music.
It is comfortable on the ear as you experience no pain using it for a long time with its padded earpiece made up of soft material. Enjoy listening to music as you move about easily with its audio cord about 3 to 4 meters long.
- The cable length is 3m long.
- It is lightweight and weighs just 215 grams.
- Leatherette ear pads of high quality for comfort.
- It comes with a stereo jack adaptor.
- Moderate bass for listening to music.
- Quality noise attenuation for reducing noise.
- You get two years warranty with this product.
- It is extremely lightweight, and you can wear them for a long time.
- It is affordable for the quality of the product and good for listening to music.
- Sleek and catchy design with its silver colour.
- The cable length is long enough to give you some room to move around
- There is no complete elimination of noise.
- Average bass quality for listening to music or you can get a better headphone with top bass quality.
9. Leaf Bass Wireless Headphones – Wireless & Sporty
Leaf Bass is one of the best headphones for your sports activities like jogging, walking, or outdoor and indoor exercises. With its inline remote control, you can now turn on or change your music easily while on the go.
You can answer calls easily and use it for a very long time without experiencing pain in your ear. With both wired and wireless connectivity, you can use this headphone to connect to more devices.
With its Bluetooth v4.1 version, you can be guaranteed strong connectivity as you enjoy a solid sound system.
The headphone is adjustable and can be fitted tightly on your head. You can enjoy its long-lasting battery capacity as you can play music for up to 10 hours.
Power the battery very fast in just 2 and a half hours as you have fun with these headphones.
- It uses Bluetooth v4.1 version.
- The cord length is 1.2m.
- Works on a frequency of 20 to 20000 Hz.
- Works perfectly on a range of up to 10m.
- Longtime listening to music with its ultra-soft ear cup.
- It has an inline remote, so you don’t have to hold your device to answer calls, play or change tracks.
- It comes with a battery that lasts 10 hours.
- The battery composition is lithium-ion.
- It comes with a USB cord and Aux cable.
- Perfect for listening to music with good sound quality.
- Works perfectly on any device with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Cancel 90% of the noise outside for a good experience.
- The long-lasting battery and can last for 10 hours.
- Easy to use with less stress with its remote control.
- At the highest volume, people around you can hear what you are playing.
- It is not advisable to wear the headphone for long because it causes pain in the ear.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the most comfortable over-ear headphones?
Over-ear headphones are comfortable since they offer high-quality bass, noise cancellation, create a secure space over the ear as they do not sweat. Following are the most comfortable over-ear headphones
- Sony Extra Bass Headphones
- Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless (II)
- Boat Rockerz Bluetooth Headphones
- Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
- Sony MDR-1A
2. Do over-ear headphones sound better?
Yes. Over-ear, also known as circumaural headphones, are considered the highest quality sound provider headphones since they have large drivers that emit deep and clear bass.
Over-ear headphone covers the entire ears hence giving a good level of noise isolation.
3. What are the best features to look for in an over-ear headphone suitable for easy storage while travelling?
You should look for a headphone with swivel features which ensure that the ear cups can be folded flat. When positioned on this flat side, you can see them or pack them in your luggage without damaging the Headphone.
4. Why should I choose a wireless headphone?
The wireless headphone is suitable for sports activities where you move around more. You can place the audio device some 10 meters away and still be able to connect through Bluetooth.
So with Bluetooth devices, you do not have to be close to the device to connect with your headphones.
5. Will sharing my headphones affect the size of the headset?
No. Most headphones come with an adjustable head, and you can adjust them to fit any head size.
You can adjust it to fit your head perfectly, and you will be able to move around freely without worrying about the headphone falling off.
6. Which are the best headphones for jogging and outdoor exercises?
Go for theLeafBassWirelessHeadphoneswithMic for your outdoor activities. You can enjoy music for long hours up to 10 hours of battery life with this headphone, so you do not have to worry about battery life while jogging.
Also, it is wireless, and you can connect any of your audio devices to it. You do not have to worry about the cable dangling while performing your activities as the audio device can be some safe distance away.
You also get to enjoy the quality sound with a good bass system on the go and reduced noise interference with this headphone.
It is also stylish and trendy as you catch the attention of people in your outdoor activities. You also have to control your device with the inline remote control.
Answer calls with this hands-free device while jogging and change music or stop the track with easy command using the inline remote control.
8. Which features should I look for if I want to use my headphones to make calls?
The only features you will require if you want to use your headphones to make a call are that it has a mic. With the mic, you can talk back to the person at the other receiving end for a two-way conversation.
Not all headphones come with a mic as some are just for listening to music. The mic has other functions than being used for answering calls, as you can also use them for playback functions and recording sounds on your system.
The latest and trendy over-ear headphones are equipped with advanced functionality like Bluetooth wireless connectivity. These are ergonomically designed for providing extreme comfort for your head and ears even after putting them on for long durations.
You may choose either wired or wireless earphones as per your preferences. If you don’t want pesky cables around, then wireless variants are a great choice. Wired headphones provide lag-free and smooth connectivity for more realistic entertainment or gaming.