Top 6 Mosquito Nets
Taking care of yourself and your family’s health should be your number one priority.
A few habits regularly can have a huge effect on health. One thing you can start with is installing a mosquito net in your bed. India with such a humid climate can be home to a host of insects; a mosquito net can prevent you from getting diseases like dengue and malaria that are often spread from mosquitoes.
You can choose from available different sizes as well as from different designs. The primary benefit of a mosquito net is to keep away mosquitoes from biting you, and it helps in the long run.
The net has to be of appropriate size with ample moving space. In some cases, when the mosquito net is too close to you, the mosquito can bite you, which is why you need to invest in a good quality mosquito net.
In this article, you will find all the needed information such as types of mosquito net, a comprehensive buyers guide, our top 6 recommended products, and a few FAQ. By the end of the article, you will be able to buy the best mosquito net online in India for you and your family.
Top 6 Mosquito Nets in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Types of Mosquito net
Mosquito Net Door
Mosquito netting is known to be used even in pre-historic times. These nets contain chemicals that irritate mosquitoes. It completely prevents all forms of flying insects from biting you.
It is very useful, and you can leave the door open and be assured no flying pests would come through. These nets are connected to the door from top to bottom, acting as an insect repellent on its own.
This net majorly used for windows called insect screen is made of plastic wire and fitted into a metal or wood frame to provide maximum protection against insects, spiders, bugs without blocking the airflow. The use of window screens started during the exhibition at Quincy Hall in Boston in 1839.
The purpose was to prevent children from falling off through the window. Also, it makes sure the insect does not come in simultaneously, and it doesn’t stop the inflow of fresh air.
Mosquito nets for bed
Mosquito nets for mattresses, which are the most common ones, are made to provide practical barriers against mosquitoes. These mosquito nets are connected to the four corners of the bed.
It helps keep the insects from entering your personal space, and it helps you have a sound sleep. It is expedient as it protects one against harmful insects and insect-transmitted diseases.
Here are what to look out for when choosing the best mosquito net;
The mosquito nets come in various sizes. It is essential to know this before purchasing one. When buying a mosquito net that would be needful at a camp, it is advisable to get a bigger net to do a lot of good.
Also, bigger nets would be excellent for children because most children tend to move a lot, and when they come in contact with the net, the insect might have access to biting them, so there should be enough barriers between them and the mosquito nets.
It also prevents choking because of the concentrated chemicals, especially if the net was specially treated before usage.
Mosquito nets are good, but some are made in a way that it is thin. Some mosquito nets are also thick in texture. A thin mosquito can get turn quickly if it is not used correctly.
If they are torn, they are often hard to repair, and it makes one prone to insect bites. So, make sure you know the material used before you buy it. It gives you an idea of how to prevent it from getting damaged.
It is also essential to know the size of the hole on the mosquito net.
The size determines how effective it will be because little insects or mosquito cab still find their way inside the net. This can bring a lot of discomforts while you are sleeping.
Also, check if it was made with quality mesh material for optimal and use and comfort.
Outdoor and indoor
Mosquito net can be used both indoor and outdoor. It can be used indoor in your rooms and outdoor during camping.
Therefore, make sure you choose the right mosquito net for optimal convenience when used indoors and outdoors.
It’s important to choose a mosquito that you can be installed and removed easily. This can help you detach one when not in use.
6 Best Mosquito Nets
1. Classic Mosquito Net
A mosquito net is a must if you live in a tropical region like India. There is a constant fear of dengue and malaria, especially during the monsoon. To keep you and your family safe at all times, invest in a good quality mosquito net.
The classic mosquito net is made up of strong mesh fabric, and its huge size can accommodate two adults and one kid with ample space for moving. It provides self-support and a healthy environment to sleep in.
- This double bed measures 200 x 200 x 145 centimetres, an excellent choice for a king-size bed.
- The net is light in weight and can be folded in 30 seconds, saving time and effort.
- It comes with large zipper gates on both sides for easy entry and exit.
- The package also comes with patches to cover any holes that may happen shortly.
- It is steel wires that are corrosion resistant, allowing you to clean the net from time to time for hygiene purposes.
- The Terelyne material mesh design allows optimum air circulation.
- It comes in a cover bag for storage purposes.
The quality of the mesh is quite average.
2. Healthy Sleeping Foldable Polyester Double Bed Mosquito Net
This mosquito net comes with polyester material and a sky blue colour that matches any room decor. It also comes with large zipper gates on two sides for easy and convenient entry and exit.
The net is flexible, and it can accommodate a bed size length from 6 to 7 feet and width from 5.6 to 6.6. It can be assembled and folded quickly. The product comes with unique spring steel technology and a self-support design.
The product offers maximum protection against mosquitoes, flies, and other insects. It also offers maximum ventilation while you are sleeping.
- It is ideal for a double bed, queen size bed, king-size bed, and a super king-size bed.
- It is portable and gets folded in 30 seconds.
- It is easily washable to maintain hygiene from time to time.
- It has a self-supporting design for a sturdy structure.
- It is easy on beds daily and even outdoors.
- It has extra cloth at the bottom for extra protection
- The mosquito net material is too thin.
3. Mother Glory Cotton Mosquito Net
The mother glory net comes with a sturdy quality fabric suitable for protection from mosquitoes, insects, and flies.
It comes with poly-cotton material. The product is ideal for regular use, and you can choose a size according to your bed.
It provides 100 per cent airflow, and it can be hanged conveniently. You can wash this mosquito net easily when it becomes dirty.
It gives a pleasant sleep to your child and you as well. The product comes with piping stitching at the top and a cotton border at the bottom for durability. The weight of the mosquito net makes it easy to travel with.
- It restricts the entrance of flies, mosquitoes, and insects effectively.
- The product can be stored neatly to create more space, making it travel-friendly.
- It is easy to put on and equally easy to remove.
- It is suitable for use in kid’s bedroom.
- The air pass holes are smaller for better circulation.
- The stitches at the base should be stronger.
4. Athena Creations Double Bed Foldable Mosquito Net
This mosquito net comes with polyester material and a pink colour beautiful design. It is ideal for adults and a double size bed. The product has two zipper gates for smooth movement. It is light weighted and easy to carry. This product is easy to clean, wash, and fold.
It provides optimal protection from mosquitoes, insects, and flies. The product gives you a pleasant and comfortable sleep. It can be used to enhance your room’s decoration. It protects you from diseases that may be caused by mosquito bites.
- The terelyne net helps to restrict the entrance of flies and mosquitoes.
- It is easy to carry and install, making it travel-friendly.
- It is compact, stylish, and spacious, ideal for daily use.
- The air pass hole provides maximum ventilation and protection from insects, especially small mosquitoes.
- It comes with a premium quality fabric.
- The net can be washed from time to time.
- No negative points were observed.
5. Shoo Moski Foldable Mosquito Net
This product comes with dimensions of 200cm x 200cm x 160cm, which can easily fit a king size bed. The net comes with three zipper gates, two on both sides of the bed, and a third in front to keep the net open when it is not in use.
It is made with 100 percent polyester material. It comes with dense and small air holes.
The product is framed with PVC coated stainless steel spring frame, which is strong and durable. The bed can hold it because of its elastic band attached to the net at all four corners. The product is easy to wash, carry, and fold.
- It has a lightweight design and is easily portable.
- Once it is open, it just pops up on its own, saving time and effort.
- It requires no hook, and it is self-supporting.
- It comes with a pocket inside for holding mobile phones, glasses, and other kinds of stuff.
- It has a separate zipper for the cell phone charging cables.
- Dust can accumulate in between the holes, thus ensure to wash regularly.
6. Neruti Nylon Double Bed Mosquito Net
The product comes with a flexible ring, which is approximately 24 inches and easy to fold. The circumference of the bottom is about 32 ft and the height is about 90 inches, which is suitable for covering a double-sized bed, king-size bed, and queen size bed.
It comes with a nylon material and has eight sections in the round canopy. This product provides optimal protection against mosquito bites.
It is compact and light-weighted. The mosquito net can be easily hung on the sides of the bed. It provides a blissful night’s sleep without worrying about dengue and malaria.
- The net is flexible and can be folded easily.
- The net is portable and can be easily carried to any location.
- It is easy to use, and it can be hanged on the roof.
- The net is easy to maintain, and the material is strong.
- It provides adequate space for you to sleep properly.
- It is only suitable for a room with AC because it is challenging to hang where the ceiling fan is used.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are mosquito nets suitable for all bed sizes?
No, they are not all suitable for bed sizes.
Some mosquito nets are ideal for small-sized beds, while some are an excellent choice for big size beds. A few are ideal for only super king-size bed, king size, queen size bed, double size bed, and small beds.
Please make sure to go through its dimensions before making the final purchase to ensure the net fits your bed size.
2. Do all mosquito nets come with circular ring structures?
No, not all mosquito nets come with circular rings structure. Some mosquito nets are designed with a circular ring for hanging the net for convenient use while some come with four corners for hanging.
The circular rings mosquito nets also come with beautiful and attractive design to make it more stable and comfortable as well as the four corner nets. You can also easily find other shapes when it comes to the net, such as rectangular, to perfectly fit the bed’s corner.
3. Do all mosquito nets come with the same material?
No, all mosquito nets are not made with the same material. Some mosquito nets are made with cotton, while some are with nylon. The cotton material is durable and easy to maintain. The nylon one is easy to maintain but gets torn easily.
The cotton material also has an excellent air pass hole while the nylon has a full air hole. Some mosquito nets also come with poly-ethene material.
4. Are all mosquito nets of the same design?
No, they are not of the same design. While some are designed with plain color and shapes, they do not look attractive or beautiful; they aim to protect you from insects while you sleep.
We end up buying an expensive bed frame and the latest mattress to get a peaceful sleep every night. Some night, you might get one but having mosquitoes buzzing around you is never a great feeling.
To get proper sleep every night and save yourself from dangerous mosquito bites, installing a mosquito net is necessary.
We have listed all the benefits of having a net at home and buyers guide to help you pick the best one. To help you out a bit more, here are our top pics Classic Mosquito Net, Healthy Sleeping Bed Mosquito Net and Mother Glory Mosquito Net.