Top 6 Learning Walkers
Learning walkers are designed to encourage walking from an early age. They come with several fun-filled, learning activities that help in the development of your child’s mind and motor skills. The sturdy and robust learning walker also includes sound and music effects that stimulate the auditory senses of your child.
There are many other benefits of learning walkers which we shall discuss in the following section of this article. Learning walkers, aka push walkers can be used in two ways. Your child can sit and play with it or stand and learn to walk. Either way, it is a useful device to have during your child’s growing age.
We have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide explaining the essential factors to be considered before making a buy. This is followed by detailed reviews of the top 6 learning walkers available online. We have also provided an FAQ section towards the end of the article to help you gain more insight.
Top 6 Learning Walkers
Benefits of Learning Walkers
The first and most important purpose of a walker is that it promotes walking. It strengthens the muscles of your child. As a result, your baby learns to stand and walk.
Sit and Play
Walkers come with a two in one design, allowing your child to sit and play or stand and walk. The removable game panel of the walker keeps your child engaged during play.
Improves hand-eye coordination
The fun elements of the walker, including toys, mirrors, activities, and shapes ensure a fun-filled playtime. This improves his or her hand-eye coordination.
Development of Sensory Skills
Learning walkers feature textures and shapes. The convex and concave shapes enhance the feeling of touch. It also comes with music modes that play sound effects, sing-along songs, and other cheerful music. The sound and music develop your child’s auditory senses.
Development of Motor Skills
Pushing off the walker and moving its elements require the use of your baby’s muscles. Hence, apart from mental development, push walkers also aid the development of gross and fine motor skills of your baby.
Development of Cognitive Skills
Learning walkers provide your little one with a fun-filled interactive learning experience. As a result, they help in enhancing your baby’s cognitive skills. The activities develop his or her thinking, logical reasoning, reading, learning, and remembering capabilities.
Keeps your little one engaged
The cute, baby-friendly design and fun-filled activities of the walker will keep your child engaged for a long time. It offers a comfortable place for your toddler to play while you finish your chores.
The walker should be designed with a removable activity panel. This allows your baby to use it in two ways. Your baby will be able to sit and play or stand and walk using the walker. Hence, ensure that you opt for a multi-functional or two-in-one learning walker.
Check if the learning walker you decide on buying comes with a safety certification. It should be having a non-slip base with textured wheels. The wheels should have a shock-absorbing capability to increase the friction with the ground. These features prevent the walker from rolling over.
Also, it should come with a speed control feature. This feature allows you to control the speed of the walker, keeping your little one safe at all times. The easy to grasp handle and the non-slip base will provide stability to your child while he or she learns to walk.
The design of the walker is an essential factor that must be considered before purchase. The walker you choose should have a baby-friendly design that will keep your child engaged. Check for the small fun elements of the push walker. These elements should be able to stimulate fine senses and enhance the hand-eye coordination of your baby.
Also, ensure that it is proportionally sized and designed to prevent your baby from having bow legs. The wheels should have a wide distance for extra support. It prevents the walker from rolling over when in use. You can go for a zebra, puppy or any other cute design.
The learning walker should come with a detachable learning panel. The panel should consist of alphabets, colors, and shapes. The concave and convex shapes will help in stimulating the touch senses of your child. Also, the learning activities can be changed according to the growing age of your baby.
In fact, certain walkers also introduce your child to Spanish words. The activities should be able to enhance the cognitive skills and help in the mental development of your bundle of joy.
Ensure that the walker is constructed using high-quality materials. It should have a strong and sturdy design. These features will enhance the durability of the product. Go for a walker that is made using safe, non-toxic ABS plastic as it ensures the safety of your baby and the durability of the product.
Along with an innovative design, the walker you buy should also have a foldable design. This is a convenient feature that enables you to carry it around for outdoor use. It also allows you to store it when not in use conveniently.
Ensure that the walker you buy comes with a music mode. The mode will enable you to play fun, cheerful music, sound effects, and sing-along songs. The music will keep your little one entertained. It also helps in the development of his or her auditory and rhythmic senses.
Adjustable Height and Weight
It is important to go for a learning walker with an ergonomic design. It should also come with an adjustable height. This feature allows you to adjust the height according to the height of your child. Hence, the walker can grow along with your little one.
Along with the height, the weight of the walker should also be adjustable. Ensure that it comes with weight, adding items that may increase the weight according to the growing age of your kid.
Some walkers can be used from the age of 6 months and above. On the other hand, there are walkers with a minimum age recommendation of 9 months. So, it is important to check the minimum age requirement before you make a purchase.
6 Best Learning Walkers
1. Fisher-Price Puppy Walker
This is a Puppy Learning walker introduced to us by Fisher-Price. The walker allows your little one to sit and play with the interactive activities. It introduces him or her to alphabets, shapes, and colors during the growing years. The learning content can be changed with your baby’s age and stages of growth.
It comes with an easy to grasp the handle and a non-slip base that encourages walking. It steadies your child’s first steps and makes his or her muscles stronger.
- Dimensions: 41.1 x 49 x 46.2 cm.
- Weight of the walker: 1.81 kg.
- Suitable for babies up to 36 months.
- It comes with an easy to grasp handle.
- Enables your baby to sit and play.
- It comes with music and interactive fun activities.
- Introduces your baby to alphabets, shapes, colors, and Spanish words.
- The non-slip base ensures your child’s safety.
- Makes the little muscles stronger as he or she learns to walk.
- Helps in the development of your child’s cognitive, sensory, and gross motor skills.
- Light and sound were defective.
2. BAYBEE Learning Push and Pull Walker
The Baybee 2 in 1 sit and stand push walker is the perfect device that encourages your young toddler to walk. It comes with a speed locking system that enables you to control its speed. Moreover, the walker is certified to be one of the safest learning walkers. The three educational learning modes enhance cognitive skills and help in the brain development of your little one.
- Weight of this learning push walker: 1.84 kg.
- Suitable for children in the age group of 18 months and above.
- It comes with a speed locking system to control the speed.
- Includes three educational learning modes: turning gears, shape sorter, and squeaker mobile phone.
- It comes with 2 AA batteries.
- Certified by the European Standards of the safety of babies.
- Enhances hand-eye coordination.
- It helps in the development of the brain.
- Encourages your child to walk.
- Develops the cognitive skills of your child.
- Some parts of this walker were loose.
3. VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
The V-Tech sit to stand walker can be used by children in the age group of 9 months to 3 years. It is designed to include fun elements that enhance the creativity and motor skills of your child. The musical learning walker comes with piano keys that play music, sound effects, fun phrases, and sing-along songs. These features keep your child engaged while playing or walking.
- Weight of the walker: 2.27 kg.
- It comes with a removable play panel.
- It can be used in two ways: sit and play or stand and walk.
- Suitable for children in the age group of 9 months to 3 years.
- The walker features two colorful spinning rollers, three shape sorters, and three light-up buttons.
- It comes with five piano keys to play music.
- It features a pretend telephone handset and mechanical elements.
- 2 AA batteries are included.
- It comes with music, fun phrases, sound effects, and over 70 sing-along songs.
- Develops the motor skills of your child.
- The wheels can work well on hard and carpeted floors.
- Enhances the creativity of your little one.
- The speed of the walker can be controlled.
- The interlocking gears make it a little difficult to play with.
- The price is high.
4. LBLA Baby Learning Walker
The LBLA baby walker can be used by your child in two ways. It comes with a baby-friendly zebra-like design that catches the attention of your toddler.
The walker can be folded for easy storage and outdoor use as well. It is safe to use because it’s easy to grasp handle and non-slip base, which increases the friction between the wheels and ground.
- Weight of this walker: 2.2 kg.
- Your baby can use this walker in two ways: sit and play or stand and walk.
- Suitable for children in the age group of six months and above.
- Features a barn door, shape sorters, rollers and moving gears for the development of manipulative skills.
- The walker comes in a cute zebra design.
- The height is adjustable.
- The music mode enables your baby to cultivate a sense of music and rhythm.
- The non-slip tires come with a shock-absorbing rubber ring design.
- The walker is designed to include a small mirror, rattle ball, rotating frog and cute ladybug.
- The reaching out activities enhances hand-eye co-ordination and exercises fine motor skills.
- It has a baby-friendly design.
- The sturdy base and easy to grasp handle ensure stability.
- Ensures your baby’s safety at all times.
- The foldable design makes it easy to carry around and store.
- No negative points were seen so far.
5. Toyshine Musical Push and Pull Baby Walker
The Toyshine musical baby walker comes with a detachable activity panel. This enables your child to sit and play or stand and walk. It has an innovative design that is made using high-quality materials. The durable walker comes with convex and concave shapes to stimulate the sense of touch.
The musical mode of this walker allows you to play cheerful sound and music. This is turn, enhances the auditory senses of your little one. In fact, the walker ensures comfort and confidence for your baby.
- Weight of the walker: 2.96 kg.
- Designed for babies of 6 months and above.
- It comes with a freehand board.
- It allows you to play cheerful music.
- Features convex and concave shapes and textures.
- The activity panel is easy to remove.
- Ensures comfort and confidence to your toddler while he or she learns to walk.
- It comes with easy to grasp handles, textured wheels, and durable design.
- The shapes can stimulate touch development.
- Capable of developing auditor senses, creativity, muscles, and memorizing capability.
- It is a bit expensive.
6. Magicwand Learning Walker
The multi-functional push walker comes with a weight gain bottle and removable game panel. It is constructed using eco-friendly non-toxic ABS plastic for the safety of your child. The design of this walker includes a triangular 3 D support to make it strong and sturdy. It also has a reasonably proportional design to prevent your baby from bow legs.
- Weight of this walker: 1.95 kg.
- Dimensions: 33 x 42 x 44.5 cm.
- Constructed using non-toxic ABS plastic.
- Suitable for ages six months and above.
- It comes with a weight adjusting mechanism.
- Features a removable game panel.
- It helps your baby to learn and walk in ease.
- The triangular 3 D support and the wide wheel distance make the walker sturdy, preventing it from rolling over.
- The reasonable, proportional design prevents your child from bow legs.
- The quality and durability of the walker could be better.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I introduce a walker to my baby?
You can introduce a walker to your baby once he or she can steadily lift his or her head. Also, the feet should touch the floor. Walkers can be introduced to children between 4 months to 16 months.
2. Are walkers bad for your baby’s legs?
Baby walkers, when used too much, can lead to restriction of muscle development. It can also lead to bow legs. These factors make it difficult for your child to learn walking. It is better to opt for a learning walker with a proportional design to prevent your child from bow legs.
3. Do learning walkers help babies?
Walkers help in strengthening your baby’s muscles. It encourages walking and helps your child in learning about alphabets, colors, and shapes. The educational activities improve hand-eye co-ordination and help in the mental development of your child. They also lead to the development of motor, cognitive, and manipulative skills.
We conclude this article with the hope that you find a suitable learning walker for your baby. The comprehensive buyer’s guide explains all the necessary factors you should keep in mind before making a purchase. You can choose any of the walkers reviewed on the list mentioned above.
You can go for our number one recommendation- The Fisher-Price Learning Walker. Another suitable choice would be the V-Tech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker. All the products mentioned in the list are safe for your baby. We hope this article helps!