Top 7 Fondue Pots
Fondue has been the National Dish in Swiss Cuisine as it refers to Swiss Cheese that is melted on a Communal, rather a Fondue Pot. The term Fondue has been derived from the French word “fondre‘ which means to melt. That is exactly what a Fondue Pot does. It melts cheese, chocolate, and other food items so that it can be used as a dip for your bread, fruits or even cooked meat.
The pot comes with a burner below it that regulates the temperature of the fondue using a candle or a spirit lamp. This product has indeed come a long way since it has been popularized in North America in the 1960s. There are different types of Fondue Pots available in the market today. We explain the types of fondue pots along with its Importance in the following section of this article.
Choosing the right fondue pot is based on your requirement. However, for simplifying the task of purchasing the ideal Fondue Pot for your household we have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide. This is followed by the review of the top 7 Fondue Pots along with the links to purchase them on Amazon. You can also know more about this product in the FAQ section which we have provided at the end of this article.
Top 7 Fondue Pots
Best Ceramic Fondue Pot
The Sturdy and Durable Fondue Pot
Best T-Light Fondue Pot
The Dishwasher Safe Fondue Pot
The Home Decor Enhancer
Importance of Fondue Pots
Fondue pots are the perfect way to serve melted cheese and chocolate in different recipes. This acts as a dip for dipping your bread, fruit, marshmallows and other food items for a splendid eating experience. It comes with a burner at the bottom that keeps the contents of your fondue pot warm at the correct temperature so that the cheese or chocolate does not solidify.
It uses a light candle or a fuel burner to ensure you get a tasty warm dip to go with your food items. This product also acts as the perfect decorative item for your home since it enhances the decor. A fondue pot can also serve as the ideal centerpiece that blends into a romantic dinner date setting. Moreover, it is also useful during parties, social events, and family gatherings.
What’s more? Well, you can also a fondue pot made of metal like stainless steel or copper to keep the oil and sauces inside the pot at the right temperature. This enables you to cook raw meat by dipping it using the different forks that come with it.
It is simple to use since you just have to place the cheese or chocolate into the pot with the other required elements. This is followed by lighting the candle or heating up the fuel burner to melt the content. An electric fondue pot is easier as you just need to plug it in and set the needed temperature.
Checking the type of heat source required for your fondue is a significant factor. There are three main types of heat source needed by a fondue pot which we shall discuss:
This heat source is mainly used for electric fondue pots. It is a versatile and convenient option to consider going. You can make and heat any kind of fondue be it chocolate, cheese or even oil, broth and sauces. You simply have to plug in the device and set it to the right temperature for serving the perfect fondue of your choice. It may be a bit expensive but it’s worth the price.
You can go for a t-light candle burner if you wish to keep your chocolate or cheese fondue warm. Moreover, it also works well in case of a romantic setting for the perfect date between you and your loved one. It is simple to use as you just need to place the candle in the candle holder and light it up.
This is an alcohol or gel-based burner that is a suitable option for melting cheese or heating oil, sauces, and broth to the needed temperature. This allows you to cook meat and other items in the oil or broth. The choice of fuel burner is based on the type of fuel mentioned by the manufacturer of the fondue burner.
Types of Fondue Pots
Electric Fondue Pots
Electrical Fondue Pots are the most versatile equipment that is capable of melting anything be it cheese, chocolate or even cook meat in hot oil or broth. They are made using dishwasher save material and work using electric current. It comes with a power chord and a plug that is attached to the source of current. You just have to set the required temperature based on the type of fondue for creating the best dip recipe.
Electrical Fondue pots are more expensive compared to any other fondue pots. However, they are completely worth the price and have gained immense popularity over the recent years.
Cheese Fondue Pot
These pots usually have a flat bottom and are made of ceramic or earthenware. It comes with a large opening and is used for melting cheese in order to make a Cheese Fondue for dipping bread or any other food item into the hot cheese dip using a fork. The pot comes with gel fuel or an alcohol-based burner in order to melt and maintain the temperature to prevent the cheese from solidifying.
Chocolate Fondue Pots
These pots are used to melt chocolate in order to dip fruits and other sweet desserts into the hot chocolate. Unlike Oil and Broth pots, they do not require high temperatures to melt the chocolate. Hence, they are made using earthenware, porcelain, ceramic or tempered glass and use a tea-light candle as a burner to maintain the temperature of the chocolate. Moreover, Chocolate Fondue pots are much smaller in size when compared to Metal or Cheese Fondue Pots.
Metal Fondue Pots
These pots are made using strong metal like cast iron, stainless steel or copper allowing them to withstand high temperatures. The primary use of these pots is cooking meat in hot oil or broth. Hence, these are also referred to as Hot Oil/Broth Fondue Pots.
The pot comes with a burner that heats and maintains the right temperature of the oil or the flavorful broth. You just need to dip the meat using a fork into the fondue till it gets cooked completely. Moreover, since the pot is made of metal it prevents the pot from cracking due to the high temperature needed to cook your meat.
We provide a comprehensive buyer’s guide which will help you know the important factors to consider before purchasing a fondue pot for your home.
The first thing you need to consider before making a purchase is the type of fondue pot you require. If you need a pot to melt and make cheese or chocolate fondue you can go for a ceramic or earthenware pot. On the other side, if you wish to cook meat in oil or sauces, the metal fondue pot would be the right choice as it can withstand high temperatures.
You can also go for an electric fondue pot if the price is not a restraint. It is more versatile and convenient, allowing you to heat or melt any item by just plugging in and setting the required temperature.
Ensure that the fondue pot you purchase comes with at least two to four forks so that you can dip the food items into the fondue conveniently. The forks should have two teeth for easy pick up of your fruit, marshmallow or meat. Moreover, it should be color coded so that you avoid getting them mixed up while using.
Capacity and Dimensions
The capacity and size of the fondue pot are equally important. The capacity should be enough to hold the required amount of melted cheese or chocolate. Ensure that the size is suitable and as per your family size. If you wish to use this product for family gatherings or parties go for a larger size and capacity.
On the other hand, small size is an ideal choice for a smaller family or a romantic dinner date for two.
The material of construction is something that plays a huge role in determining the type of fondue the pot can hold. Go for a ceramic or earthenware pot if you wish to serve cheese or chocolate fondue. On the other hand, a metal fondue pot made using stainless steel, copper or aluminum would be the right choice for cooking meat in oil or sauce as it can withstand high temperature.
However, you need to ensure that the material used irrespective of being metal or ceramic, should be 100% food-grade safe, BPA and toxin-free to ensure the safety of you and your loved ones.
Ensure that the fondue pot or mug comes with handles on both sides. You can also go for a pot with a long handle on one side. This provides you with a firm grip preventing it from slipping from your hands while lifting it up. This makes the pot easy to use so that you can also use it as a soup bowl.
The fondue bowl should also come with a bowl holder and a burner that holds the heat source. The burner should be suitable to hold the t-light candle for melting chocolate and keeping the cheese fondue warm. You can also go for a fuel burner in case you wish to melt the cheese.
1. Tat-Sat White Ceramic Fondue Burner Pot
The white ceramic fondue burner pot by Tat-Sat can be used to melt the cheese as well as chocolate. Apart from this, the upper bowl can also be used for soups, which can be kept warm using a tea light candle. This premium quality appliance will help beautify your home while keeping your food hot. If you are planning to enhance your home decor, this product is a classic choice
- It is a double chocolate and cheese fondue set.
- This premium quality product is made up of white ceramic, which is safe for heating food.
- Product dimension is 16 x 11 x 10 cm
- The bowl can be used to serve dips and soups.
- It contains two items, a pot, and a base.
- The product serves 2-3 people.
- The bowl has a handle for easy movement, which most of the fondue burners lack.
- You can use a tea light candle to keep the food hot.
- The product looks very classy on the dining table, thus beautifying your home.
- The multi-purpose bowl keeps the fondue warm or can be used to serve soups or dips.
- The bowl size is small.
2. Divine on Chocolate Fountain Fondue Melt Pot – Our Choice
This is an electric fondue pot that is capable of melting chocolate to create delicious recipes using the molds, forks, and skewers provided with it. The aluminum pot can melt any type of chocolate or couverture up to 0.25 L.
You can enjoy making any shape of chocolate be it a heart, star, square or a coffee bean. Thus, if you are a patisserie looking for a professional working tool for creating new chocolate recipes or even if you are a cook with a hobby this is our number one recommendation.
- It is an electric fondue pot type.
- Dimensions of the pot: 8.5 cm x 5 cm and size of body: 19 cm x 14.5 cm x 8 cm.
- The capacity of the pot is 0.25 L.
- Material of construction is plastic, while the interior of the pot is made of aluminum.
- Rated Power:22 Watt; Voltage: 220-240 volts.
- Frequency: 50/60 Hertz.
- The pot comes with different molds, ten wooden skewers, a spatula, a draining rack, ten plastic forks, 1 Spiral fork and flat chocolate making a fork.
- This acts as a professional appliance or a tool to help patisserie in working.
- The product comes with six molds of different shapes and a large heart shape molds for more creative chocolate making.
- Suitable for chocolate fondue.
- It can melt chocolate without the need for water.
- Comes with 12 delicious recipes.
- The size of the product is too small.
3. Homestake Ceramic Fondue Burner Marble Finish – Best Ceramic Fondue Pot
This ceramic-based fondue pot comes with a marble finishing and allows you to melt chocolate, cheese or even keep sauces and oil warm. Hence, it acts as the perfect host for family gatherings, romantic dates and other social events with a t-light while also ensuring a more enhanced home decor. Moreover, it is completely safe and easy to use. Thus, this product is an ideal choice for a ceramic fondue pot that includes a t-light.
- This Fondue pot is made using ceramic.
- Comes with a marble finishing.
- It comes with a pot, a base, and a T-Light.
- The weight of the product: 852 grams.
- Dimensions: 19 x 13 x 13 cm.
- Suitable for keeping your melted cheese, chocolate or even oil and sauces warm.
- This is a convenient kitchen appliance that acts as the perfect host in case of dinner parties, social events, family gatherings or even a romantic dinner date.
- Simple to assemble and put together.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The product is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- No negative points observed so far.
4. Tat-Sat Ceramic Fondue Pot Burner – The Sturdy and Durable Fondue Pot
The Tat-Sat Fondue burner is a suitable option for melting cheese and chocolate since it is made using ceramic. It uses a t-light candle to keep the contents of the pot warm to serve dips and even hot soup in a more fancy way to guests. It can also be used as the perfect decorative item that enhances the look of your home by adding a more aesthetic touch to it.
This product is a suitable option to go for if you are looking for a sturdy and durable ceramic fondue pot that is available in a very reasonable price range.
- This is a Cheese or a Chocolate Fondue Burner.
- A material used for construction is Ceramic.
- It comes with two components- the pot and burner.
- Uses a T-Light candle to keep the content warm.
- Product Dimensions- 4 Inches X 7 Inches.
- Serves as a beautiful item that enhances your home decor.
- Used to serve dips with chips and other food items
- It can also be used as a unique soup bowl.
- Comes with a handle for easy movement of the fondue pot.
- The product is sturdy and durable.
- No negative points seen so far.
5. Jagani Steels Small Ceramic Cheese/Chocolate Fondue Set – Best T-Light Fondue Pot
This fondue set is an innovative creation of Jagani Steels, a brand owned by Buddytrendz. It is made using the best quality food grade safe ceramic that is BPA and toxin-free, keeping in mind the safety and need of the consumer. The set comes with two forks which help you easily dip your marshmallow, fruit, etc. into the dip served in the fondue pot that is kept warm using the t-light candle provided.
- It is a cheese or chocolate fondue set.
- The set includes a fondue bowl, a burner at the bottom, two forks and a t-light candle.
- Bowl dimension: Height- 8 cm, Length- 11 cm and Width- 8.5 cm.
- Base dimension: Height- 8 cm and Width 12 cm; Overall height of the fondue pot is 16 cm.
- It is made using 100% food-grade ceramic that is BPA and toxin-free.
- Ideal for serving lady finger, fruits, marshmallows, dried fruit, etc.
- It is a microwave oven and dishwasher safe.
- I have made using the safest and best quality ceramic material.
- The forks make it easy to dip the food items into the fondue.
- It is a bit expensive.
6. Godskitchen Square Fondue with 2 Forks – The Dishwasher Safe Fondue Pot
This fondue pot made from ceramic is ideal if you need to melt cheese or chocolate. It comes with two different color forks that will prevent you from mixing them up. Moreover, it is safe and easy to use during family gatherings and romantic dinners as well. Thus, if you are in search of fondue pot to dip your marshmallows and fruit into a chocolate dip, this would be a great option.
- It is a chocolate and cheese fondue pot.
- It is made using ceramic.
- Comes with two forks that are color-coded to avoid getting mixed.
- Bowl dimension: Height- 6 cm, Length- 11 cm and Width- 8 cm.
- Base: Height- 7 cm Width- 10 cm and Overall size- 16 cm.
- Ideal for use as a centerpiece in parties, romantic dinner dates or family gatherings.
- It is easy to clean and dishwasher safe adding to your convenience.
- The forks make it easy to dip marshmallow and fruit into the melted chocolate in the fondue pot.
- It is not ideal for a large family because of its small size.
7. Meraki By Sonal Ceramic Rainbow Fondue Set– The Home Decor Enhancer
This is a four-piece fondue set that comes with a bowl, a holder, two forks and a burner. The bowl is made using ceramic, allowing you to melt and keep cheese or chocolate warm so that you can dip different food items with the forks provided. The multi-colored design makes it an attractive item that enhances the look of your home.
- It is a four piece fondue set that consists of one bowl, a bowl holder, two forks and a burner.
- The material used is ceramic.
- It has a capacity of 300 ml.
- Dimension of bowl: 11 x 11 x 11 cm.
- Size of fork: 13 x 1 x 11 cm.
- It can be washed easily using a hand.
- The bowl holder ensures stability for the bowl.
- It is multi-colored making it an attractive centerpiece.
- No negative points were observed so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
We now take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions to help you know more about fondue pots.
1. Can you use a chocolate fondue set for cheese fondue?
Most of the cheese fondue sets are also suitable for chocolate fondue sets and vice-versa.
2. What fuel do you use for fondue?
Butane is mostly used for a fondue set because it is odorless and safe to be used. Other fuels include alcohol and gel fondue fuel.
3. What are the things that can be fondue?
You can fondue cheese and chocolate so that you get a delicious dip that goes with bread, meat, vegetables, fruits, etc. Oil, broth, and sauces can also be held and made in a fondue pot so that you can dip raw meat and vegetables to cook it as per your choice.
4. Can you use a candle as fondue burner?
Yes, you can use candles, especially t-light candles, as a fondue burner for melting chocolate. It also manages to keep your cheese and chocolate fondue warm. A t-light fondue works well as a centerpiece for a romantic dinner date between you and your loved one. It blends perfectly well into the romantic setting.
5. What should be the temperature for the perfect fondue?
The best temperature required to keep your cheese or chocolate fondue warm is 120 degrees. Thus, a t-light candle fondue burner is the ideal choice for this. On the other hand, the right temperature to heat your oil or broth is 375 degrees. This temperature allows you to cook your meat and vegetables evenly.
Fondue Pots are a creative way of presenting dinner to your guests and loved ones. This product can also be used as a home decorative item that gives your home a more attractive and aesthetic look. You can serve delicious recipes of cheese and chocolate fondue so that you and your family can dip different food items into it to enjoy an irresistible meal. Thus, this is a must-have product in every household.
Choosing the right fondue pot might be a bit of a task for first-time buyers. Thus, this article hopes to help you make the ideal selection when it comes to fondue pots. You are advised to go through the buyer’s guide before making a purchase.
We also provide a detailed review of the top 8 fondue pots available in amazon, which you can purchase from the links provided. If the price is not a restraint, you can go for our number one recommendation- Divinezon on Chocolate Fountain Fondue Melt Pot. This is a versatile option, which is great, especially for chocolate pastry chefs.
You can also go for the Homesake Ceramic Fondue Burner Marble Finish if you require a ceramic fondue pot. We hope this article helps.