Top 11 Electric Kettles
Being tea and coffee addicts, we love to have hot water available instantly and frequently throughout the day. To turn on the stove every time for heating a cup of water is not feasible as we are making cups of tea and coffee practically every hour.
An electric kettle is a technological marvel engineered to meet the kitchen’s daily hot water requirements. It is an energy-efficient kitchen appliance that heats the water quickly as compared to a traditional stovetop kettle.
The electric kettle’s unique benefit automatically shuts off when the water has come to boil. Thus, you can leave the kettle alone while boiling water for tea and attend to your important call or do other tasks.
Top 11 Electric Kettles in India
|Product (Best Brands)||Best Price|
Seven menus to choose from
Pot cooker design
Electric Kettles Versus Traditional Kettles
Electric kettles are pretty new when compared to our traditional kettles.
Traditional kettles cannot hold the liquid’s heat for too long (for new model electric kettles).
When using electric kettles, we do not need to heat the water repeatedly as it provides a longer heating lifespan, unlike an ordinary old kettle.
The electric kettle also helps conserving energy because once you heated liquid in it, the heat will stay for a lot longer.
How An Electric Kettle Works
Different parts work together to make an electric kettle work. There is a sealed element at the bottom of every kettle, and just above that is the canister that holds water.
The cartridge can either be removable or built-in, depending on the kettle you buy. On the kettle’s side are the controls that include the on/off switch and the indicator light.
Parts responsible for the working of an electric kettle are:
The Heating Element
It is the part that resists the flow of electricity. The water inside the kettle gets heated when the electricity flows in the resistor, turning it into heat.
This is the main part that controls the heating element. It has a variable resistor insider, the higher temperature; lower is the resistance.
The thermostat is controlled by the transistor, which is an electronic switch. As the strength goes up in the thermostat, low current flows through, and the same low current flows through the heating element. This is what keeps the water cooler.
On the other hand, when the resistance is reduced, the current increases, which ultimately causes the transistor to increases the current, thus raising the water temperature.
Why Should You Buy an Electric Kettle
New models of electric kettles can store the heated water for a much longer period than the old-school kettles that is why you do not have to heat the liquid from time to time which can save you a lot of energy.
The good thing about electric kettles is that you can carry it anywhere and heat water because they are lightweight and require electrical connection to heat water.
Electric kettles are considered as a 2 in 1 item because you can heat liquid using electricity and at the same time store the heated liquid for a long period.
For its double purpose, you can save a lot of time and effort, making it more comfortable than the traditional kettle which only serves as storage for heated liquids.
Makes filtration better
Since most of the newer electric kettles models have a built-in filter system, it makes the water more suitable for human consumption.
It also lessens the chances of foreign objects such as dirt to intrude on the water or beverage you are consuming.
Using an electric kettle, you save yourself from the hassle of boiling water the old school way, adding the fact that electric kettle heats much faster than the old way of heating liquids.
Using it, your water or any foods that you cook or boil in it will stay hot for a much longer period, saving you time from boiling it again.
Much Safer and Reliable
Most of the electric kettles available in the market right now have this so-called “auto shut off.”
This is a great feature because it prevents overheating that can damage the kettle itself, and the worst-case scenario is to start a fire.
Electric Kettle Buying Guide
Ease of use
The electric kettle should be ergonomically designed so that you can use it easily. Ensure that the kettle comes with a spout design so that you can pour without creating a mess or a spillage.
It should be easily detachable from the power base so that you can easily carry it around wherever you want.
Ensure that the kettle comes with extra features like the following for added convenience of use:
A timer allows you to know when the boiling of water is done. You can set the time as per the need, and once the tea or coffee is made, the timer goes off.
Ensure that the kettle comes with a removable stainless steel filter on the sprout. The filter will strain the drink as you pour it so that it is free from unwanted contaminants.
Temperature setting allows you to set the temperature as per your requirement. This allows you to cook various items, be it soup, pasta or tea and coffee.
This is an important safety feature. The auto cut off feature will automatically cut off the power supply when the interior’s temperature exceeds the required level. It protects the kettle from damage while also preventing it from consuming extra power.
Go for a brand that ensures the best features, warranty, and after-sales service. The best brand options you should consider are Butterfly, Prestige, Lifelong, Philips, Bajaj, etc.
This is very important because electric kettles use a large amount of electricity. ThThat’shy you have to make sure that the electric kettle is made of high-quality materials.
The first thing you should inspect is the body and check if it is spill-proof. Next is the heating base; make sure that it is thick and sturdy enough to handle long-term use of the item.
Most of the heating base is made of plastic so you should avoid electric kettles with a fragile heating base as it deteriorates much faster than the thicker ones.
Lastly, check the power cord because you must be sure that the original power cord is sturdy and thick enough to handle large electrical current loads.
A malfunction of a power cord might cause significant damage to the electric kettle itself. So it is advisable to use cordless electric kettles because they are not that prone to damage because they can be detached when not in use.
A good warranty protects you from any defects that the item might have, such as problems with the item’s functionality. The warranty can be a replacement of the item or service repair.
This is a significant factor because some of the electric kettles emit a whistling sound while you are using it. It is much better to go for the silent kettles because nobody wants to have a noisy appliance anyway.
You can check it by reading the user’s manual because the complete description of the product is written there.
Size and Capacity
Before purchasing the kettle, consider what size is applicable for your use.
Electric kettles are built for portability for you to carry it anywhere. Having a heavy electric kettle defeats the purpose of portability.
Always buy electric kettles with a tolerable weight because you do not want a kettle that is already heavy even if it is still empty and the weight would increase when you fill it with water.
If this happens, you will have a hard time carrying it, especially when you plan to bring it outdoors. That is why it is very important to consider the weight of the kettle before buying.
This is one of the most important things to look for when shopping for an electric kettle because all we want is to save time and energy, and with the help of a quick boiling speed, this is attainable.
You can check the boiling speed of an electric kettle by reading the description of the product. The most recommended boiling time is less than 5 minutes.
Another important factor to consider is the electric kettle’s body is heat resistant in which you cannot feel the heat on the exterior of the kettle.
You must see to it that the exterior is sturdy enough not to insulate heat from the inside. This is very important to avoid inevitable accidents such as burns.
Most of the newer models of electric kettles have this temperature option feature in which you can choose the right temperature for your liquid.
Last but not least is boiling accuracy. You do not want to use an appliance that has low accuracy because it will waste your electricity. Look for reviews and features mentioning the boiling accuracy of the kettle.
1. AGARO Esteem Multi Kettle –
This Agaro Esteem Kettle can be used for boiling water, preparing eggs, tea, noodles. It comes with different accessories that help in the easy usage of the product.
It features multiple heating modes and comes with a transparent glass lid for a see-through without opening the lid.
- Capacity: 1.2 Litres
- Weight: 1 kg 140 g
- Dimensions: 12 x 15 x 25 centimetres
- Material: Stainless steel
- Power consumption: 600 watts
- It offers multiple usages like boiling water, cooking food and preparing eggs
- It includes accessories like stainless steel grill, egg boiler pack and a plastic bowl
- The kettle has 3 heat settings like warm, heating and boiling of food.
- It features a 360-degree swivel detachable power base and a cool touch handle is designed for easy grip and better safety
- The wide mouth makes it easy to clean
- Transparent glass lid helps checking on the food without having to open the lid
- It’s Rapid Boil Technology boils water instantly
- It ensures cord-free serving and is ideal for both left and right-hand users
- No negative points observed
2. Prestige Kettle
The Prestige PKOSS electric kettle is an ideal choice for a large family because of its large capacity. You can easily make tea, coffee, hot chocolate, pasta, soup, and so on.
It doesn’t take long because of its single-touch locking mechanism that prevents the steam from escaping. It is also a highly energy-efficient model to consider.
- Capacity: 1.5 L.
- It comes with a concealed element and 360-degree swivel power base, allowing you to plug the kettle in any direction
- Material: stainless steel
- Comes with a cord winder which enables you to adjust the length per your requirement
- Power consumption: 1500 watts for efficient boiling
- It has an auto cut-off feature that cuts off the power when the temperature exceeds the desired level
- Has a spout design for easy pouring
- Comes with an illuminated power indicator which allows you to know when the power is on or off
- Has a single touch locking mechanism
- One year warranty
- It prevents the consumption of excess power and electricity. Hence, it is an energy-efficient option
- The kettle can be detached from its power base, making it convenient to use and port
- The removable stainless steel filter strains the water when you pour so that the tea, hot chocolate or coffee is free of any contaminants
- Large capacity makes it an ideal choice for a large family
- Safe to use and has a long life-span
- The handle is designed ergonomically while the entire kettle has an attractive finish
- The water boils within just 5-6 minutes
- Quality of the product was not up to the mark
3. Havells Kettle
Havells is a reliable electronics brand that supplies high-quality kettles for providing convenient and pleasurable moments in the kitchen. It enables you to prepare your tea or coffee from anywhere without rushing about in the kitchen.
Havells Aqua plus is a stylish kettle that provides enhanced brewing, portability, and convenience. It is an efficient electric kettle that delivers robust performance throughout the day.
- Capacity: 1.2 Liters
- Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Power consumption: 1500 watts of power that ensures quick and energy-efficient water boiling
- It provides quick heating of water within no time
- It comes with an auto cut-off valve that automatically cuts off the power when the water has boiled to the desired level
- It has a completely stainless steel interior without any plastic
- It features a cool-touch outer body that provides enhanced safety and avoids any blistering hazard
- It comes with a wide mouth opening that provides for easy cleaning, pouring, and filling
- It features an illuminated power indicator button that is used for operating and disconnecting it
- It comes with two years warranty
- It is an energy-efficient electric kettle that prevents the consumption of excess power and electricity
- It is a portable electric kettle that can be easily detached from the power base and conveniently used for pouring, filling or cleaning.
- Its stainless steel design ensures long-lasting usage and efficient heating
- The kettle features attractive finishing and comes with an ergonomically designed handle
- It gives you the flexibility and freedom to brew a cup of tea or coffee directly in the kettle
- It is ideally suitable for hostellers, hoteliers, and general people for fulfilling hot water requirements without using a gas stove
- It is a great appliance for sick people and couples with infants who require hot water frequently for sanitization and other purposes
- The length of the cord is very short
4.. Butterfly Kettle
If you are looking for a kettle with an efficient filter, you must consider this electric kettle by Butterfly. This is one of the most reliable electric kettles for functionalities with its stylish design you will surely want this in your kitchen.
- Capacity: 1.5 Liters
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 15.2 x 21 centimeters
- Weight: 940 grams
- Material Used in the Body: stainless steel and thick plastic on the cover, handle, and base
- Power Consumption: 1500 watts
- Warranty: 1-year for the product
- Has a beautiful and sophisticated design
- It has a heating base that can be rotated up to 360 degrees, which makes it easier to attach and detach whenever you want to heat the water
- It has an easy access switch for the lid that will provide more convenience for its users whenever they want to use it
- This electric kettle has a built-in power light indicator that will help you know the current situation of the liquid inside the kettle
- It is one of the best kettles when it comes to filtration because it has a built-in filter on the tip that filters foreign objects on the liquid.
- It is very affordable. The price is a steal because you will not find any electric kettle as cheap as this one that carries the same benefits and functionalities as the more expensive ones
- Somewhat heavy
- The opening of the kettle is a little bit small which is a hassle when cleaning
5. Helicon Kettle
This is an electric kettle that is made up of the stainless steel body. It is perfect for big families or long day picnics.
- Capacity: 2 Liters
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 22.5 centimeters
- Material Used: Stainless steel and aluminium die-cast
- Power Consumption: 1500 watts
- Warranty: 2 years of product warranty
- The handle has an “ergonomic design,” which gives the users a very comfortable feel while using it
- The heating base is completely detachable and rotatable by 360 degrees, which makes it very portable to bring outdoors
- It has a very wide mouth, which makes it very easy to clean and to pour liquids inside it
- Has a secure locking lid that avoids any leaks, which makes it very user-friendly and safe
- It has a very large storage capacity. You can store up to 2 litres of liquid inside it
- It is cordless and lightweight, which makes it very handy and portable
- It has a stainless steel body that gives the assurance of longevity because it does not rust and is very responsive to heat
- It has an auto shut-off technology which makes it very safe. It protects your home from any possible accidents, and it also protects the product itself to experience any damage due to overheating
- Power cable wire is too short
- May stop working after a few months
6. La Forte Kettle
If you are shopping for an electric kettle right now, this is a good pick for a stylish kettle. Introducing the La Forte EKLF001R Tea Kettle is designed to make your hot beverage experience more exciting.
- Capacity: 1.8 Liters
- Weight: 500 grams
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 18.5 x 23.5 centimeters
- Material Used: Stainless steel for the body (exterior and interior)
- Power Consumption: 1500 watts
- Warranty: 1-year product warranty
- Has an anti-slip grip which provides additional safety for its users and the item itself to protect it from damage
- The product is made with stainless steel without any plastics on the interior
- Its secure locking lid prevents any spills while using the kettle, which makes it very safe to use
- Stylish and unique design that will surely fit the taste of the younger generations
- The product is completely loaded with stainless steel without any plastics
- The product is lightweight
- It is cordless, that is why it is very handy and portable
- It boils water quickly and also keeps it warm for a longer time
- Double-wall insulation also acts as a carafe
- The largemouth at the top makes it very easy to clean and to pour the liquid inside of it
- The lid may not close properly
7. Lifelong Kettle
If you are looking for an affordable electric kettle without compromising the quality, then Lifelong EK02 Electric Kettle is one of the best choices.
You can make if you want to buy an electric kettle that has a sturdy stainless material which is guaranteed that it will surely last long.
- Capacity: 1.8 Liters
- Weight: 793 grams
- Dimensions: 15.2 x 15.2 x 17.8 centimeters
- Material Used: Stainless steel on the body and plastic on the covering and handles
- Power Consumption: 1500 watt
- Warranty: 1-year product warranty
- It had an auto-off feature when it reached the boiling point of the liquid, which makes it very safe and energy-efficient
- The stainless body keeps it away from any rusts that will ensure the prolonged life of the product
- The handle has hand impressions, which ensure that the kettle doesn’t slip from the hands
- The whole unit is sealed, which keeps the hot liquid inside the kettle to last longer
- You only need to click the button once to open or close the lid, which is very convenient
- It has a good liquid storage capacity
- Heats water quickly
- The product is very light, considering its 1.8L capacity
- The base is rotatable up to 360 degrees, which makes it easy to attach or detach
- Has a very good filtration system
- The opening is a little bit steep, which makes it difficult to clean
- The power supply cord is short
8. iBell Kettle
If you want to buy a multipurpose electric kettle, buying this iBell Kettle is the right choice. The advantage of it is equipped with multiple layers that you can use to boil, steam, or cook food.
The product is also one of the most energy-efficient electric kettle out there that you can buy it can run using the only 600w.
- Capacity: 1.2 Liters
- Material Used in the Body: stainless steel with rubber furnish for added protection
- Power Consumption: 600 watts
- The body is made of 304 stainless steel, which is the most reliable type of metal because it lasts almost a lifetime because it does not rust, and it is very easy to clean
- Has a 360-degree swivel base for easy attaching and detaching whenever you want to use the kettle
- It can cook small quantities of food
- It has an added security feature which is the indicator light that tells if the heating is finished, preventing overheating from happening.
- The inverted letter C-looking handle is built not only for style but also for comfort. Many users loved to bring it outdoors because they can easily grab it with the use of its fine handle
- This electric kettle has a steamer which will let you cook different kinds of foods inside of it
- It is an absolute energy saver because it only consumes 600w per usage
- It has a long power cord, which makes it more comfortable to use anywhere
- Has an adjustable temperature which makes your cooking more precise and easy
- Does not have a large storage capacity
9. Philips Electric Kettle
For people who are looking for a good luxurious Philips electric kettle with an elegant design, this is the one that you should be looking for.
This is a great breakthrough in the world of electric kettles, and you will surely not regret buying this because it came from a proven brand in the world of electronics.
- Capacity: 1.7 litres
- Weight: 1.12 kilograms
- Dimensions: 25 x 15.4 x 23.3 centimeters
- Material Used in the Body: Stainless steel
- Power Consumption: 1800 watts
- Warranty: 2 years of product warranty
- Has a wide opening and concealed element for easy pouring as well as cleaning
- It has built-in sensors that are made to prevent any unwanted incidents such as overheating, which can eventually cause fires
- This electric kettle has the “PTC technology” which encloses the heat tremendously so that you will not have to reheat again from time to time
- It has a rotatable cordless base that makes it very portable and handy.
- Its 360-degree cordless base makes very handy and portable.
- The kettle also possesses a one-touch spring lid, making it very easy to open without any hassles and spills.
- It has a detachable filter to make you every cup of a beverage free from dirt and foreign objects and is also very easy to use.
- The handle is very comfortable to grip because of its wide design. Also, the handle doesn’t get hot, so pouring water is easy.
- Comes with a removable base.
- The kettle has a push-button open lid.
- Makes some noise while heating
10. Bajaj Kettle
If you are looking for a multipurpose Bajaj electric kettle, then the Bajaj Majesty is a good option to consider. One significant advantage of it among other kettles is the multipurpose cooker that you can bring anywhere.
This kettle is energy efficient so that you can cook food with less energy. The kettle also has seven preset menus that you can choose from depends on what you are going to cook in it.
- Capacity: 1 Liter
- Weight: 1.32 kilograms
- Material Used in the Body: Stainless steel on the body and thick plastic on the top cover and base as well as the handle
- Power Consumption: 1000 watts
- Warranty: 2 years of product warranty
- The kettle will turn off right away when the liquid inside the kettle dries out while in use, which prevents any untoward incidents from happening
- Has a 360-degree detachable base which makes it very portable and easy to remove and attach
- It has a secure covering on its tip which prevents the liquid from leaking
- Has an auto-off technology which makes the product very safe
- It is also cordless, which makes it very handy and portable
- Has an ergonomic handle for comfortable grip and safety
- The kettle has a very limited liquid storage space
- The product is expensive
11. Morphy Richards Kettle
A great multipurpose electric kettle which is not only made for boiling water but also cooking. The product features a wide circular opening so that you can use it for cooking soup and noodles and some vegetables other than boiling water.
If you are on a budget and want to make the most out of your money you can consider buying this multipurpose electric kettle.
- Capacity: 1 Liter
- Weight: 1.72 kilograms
- Dimensions: 23.1 x 26.9 x 26 cm
- Material Used: Stainless steel on the body and hard plastic for the handle
- Power Consumption: 1200 watts
- Warranty: 2 years of product warranty
- It has preset temperature controls for the kind of food you cook
- It is made of the aluminium steel body, and so the water is kept warm for a long time
- The kettle automatically turns off when it reaches the temperature that you set
- It has a high-end thermostat to ensure maximum safety
- The body of the kettle is made of stainless steel, which gives a lot of assurance of its durability and resistance to rust
- Has a high-end thermostat for a much accurate boiling and cooking
- The temperature is adjustable based on your preference, which results in better foods
- Has a cordless base which makes it very handy and portable
- Quality builds and has a heatproof handle, so carrying it is simple
- Variable temperature control knob makes cooking easier for beginners
- The kettle has a very limited storage capacity of only 1 litre
- Heavier than its counterparts
1. How to clean an electric kettle?
The best way to clean a kettle involves using a solution of an apart of water and one part of household vinegar or lime juice.
Add the vinegar or lime juice solution to the empty kettle and allow it to sit for an hour.
After an hour boil the solution in the kettle.
This is followed by emptying it and then rinsing the kettle with water.
You can also clean it using dishwashing detergent and normal water.
2. Can you cook Maggi in an electric kettle?
Yes, you can cook Maggi in the electric kettle.
You will have to heat water in the kettle and then add the Maggi. After it boils add the tastemaker and let it cook for a minute while keeping an occasional check.
3. Does an electric kettle consume a lot of electricity?
We all know that heating appliances require a lot of electricity. However, it is still energy-efficient so that after you heat the liquid, you will not have to reheat it from time to time.
For that reason that newer models of electric kettles are sealed so that it locks the hot liquid for a longer period.
The usual range of the wattage of the electricity consumption of an electric kettle is from 1000 watts up to 2000 watts, but it depends on the electric kettle’s size.
4. Is an electric kettle safe to use and how to check if it passes safety standards?
Yes, it is very safe to use. The number one thing to check while buying electric kettle is the material used for the body and the heater underneath to ensure that the body is completely sealed.
5. Is it true that the higher the wattage of an electric kettle promotes a better performance?
This is not true for most cases because the power does not speak for the appliance’s performance and has nothing to do with its basic functionality, which is heating.
The wattage also depends on an appliance’s motor, especially the added components of an appliance, specifically electric kettles such as extra lightings and safety features.
6. When it comes to durability, do electric kettles last long?
This question is pretty debatable because durability depends on the quality of the product.
The good thing is that most electric kettles available in the market have 1 to 2 years of product warranty. That is why, when buying kettles, it is crucial to be aware of its warranty.
7. Is it safe to shop online for electric kettles?
Yes, it is safe. Be sure that you are buying from a trusted website like Amazon and before purchasing the electric kettle.
8. What if I forget to turn off the electric kettle while boiling some liquid in it?
A lot of newer models of electric kettles have this safety feature which turns the motor off when it reaches the boiling point. This avoids any untoward incident that might happen, such as overheating, which can cause significant damage to the item too.
9.While buying an electric kettle, what should I keep in mind?
First, ask yourself where you will use the kettle. Will you use it to boil water every morning or at night or plan to use it for cooking some noodles or soup.
Then from there, you can come up with a decision on what kind of electric kettle to buy.
There are several choices such as electric kettles that are considered as multipurpose because of its wide opening.
However, if you plan to use it to make your beverage, a basic electric kettle will already be sufficient for you.
10. Are glass kettles advisable to bring outdoors?
With regards to this question, glass kettles are made for both functionality and purpose. It looks elegant for your home, and it is much recommended to use it only at home.
This is to avoid any unwanted incidents that could crack or break the glass completely. Although you can bring it outdoors, you take all the risks whenever you plan to do so.
An electric kettle serves as an electric alternative to the water kettle used for heating water on the stove. It makes the hot water available almost immediately. It saves you valuable time in the kitchen and helps in better organization of cooking tasks.
It is a busy kitchen appliance that provides convenient water heating for various kitchen tasks like preparing tea/coffee, hot soups, cooking vegetables, etc. It is designed for utmost safety with its auto shut- off valve.
Some of the advanced models of the electric kettle even allow you to control the water temperature. It’s probably the first kitchen appliance you use every morning and thereafter it keeps you company in the kitchen throughout the day.