Top Dome Camera
When it comes to our house and other properties it is crucial to stay secure at all times. One thing that you can do is to put a security camera on every area of it so that you will be protected from burglars and other evil elements.
However, some of us are not blessed with a large house which makes it hard for us to conceal those cameras. Thankfully, dome cameras were created because of them, homeowners that have very limited spaces on their house has given the chance to put a surveillance camera anywhere they want to.
These dome cameras are light and compact which makes it easy to install on your house without the need for professional help. But before you proceed in buying, you must first know what specific dome camera is perfect for your home.
We will guide you all throughout the process by discussing the top models of dome cameras that are available here in India. In this article, we will go through Bullet Vs Dome Camera, working, benefits, buying guide, frequently asked questions, maintenance and top 10 best outdoor dome camera available online.
Top 10 Dome Cameras
Extraordinarily Strong Signal
HD on a Budget
Extremely Quiet Operation
Great Warranty Terms
Spectacular Signal Reception
Dome Cameras versus Bullet Cameras
- They are usually more compact in size which makes it easier to blend with the surroundings of your home or office.
- Their appearance resembles a rounded-head which explains why they are called as dome cameras.
- Requires more complexity in installation.
- Its camera has the ability to rotate giving you much efficient surveillance functionality.
- Can be placed either indoors or outdoor.
- They look like a bullet that is obviously pointed at one direction.
- This type of surveillance camera is less discreet compared to the dome cameras.
- It is usually cheaper than a dome camera.
- Easier to install.
- Good for either indoor or outdoor use.
How Does a Dome Camera works?
A dome camera almost works the same way as the traditional surveillance camera. However, they are more compact in size and have a rounded-head that mostly can turn 360 degrees for more efficient surveillance.
Mostly, it has a high-definition lens that is meant to capture footage 24/7 in a discreet manner. Since they are very quiet while operating and blends well in the environment they tend to be very unnoticeable.
Unlike the traditional CCTV cameras wherein the footage go directly to the hard drive of a desktop or laptop computer, it can be stored directly on an SD card integrated on them. The viewing of the footage is not only limited with the use of a PC but you can also view them with your smartphone devices with the operating system of Android or iOS. Another thing is that you can view them in real time if you have an internet connection anywhere you are.
Some of the more innovative dome cameras let you store the footage on a cloud or FTP server to secure it if your dome camera suddenly stopped working.
Advantages of Dome Camera
- Consumes a very little amount of electricity.
- Will save you a lot of time and money because you will not have to buy and set up a lot of cameras as it has the ability to rotate its head for all-around footage of the area.
- They can fit on almost any limited spaces of your house because they are very small and light.
- Your footages are well-protected because you can store those footages on a cloud or FTP server.
- Rest assured that outsiders will not notice your surveillance camera because they are very discreet.
- You will have a peace of mind that your belongings are safe at all times because you are updated on what’s going on inside and outside of your house.
How to Maintain a Dome CCTV Camera
It is crucial for us to take good care of our things for it to function accordingly. Just the same with the dome cameras, you have to maintain it well for it to last longer. Here are some important ways that you can implement to maintain your dome cameras:
- Clean it’s exterior by wiping off the dust to avoid the buildup of stains on its outer body.
- If there are unnecessary footages on the storage device of your dome camera you must delete it to ensure that malfunctions will be avoided.
- Check for updates regularly if the app of your dome camera can be updated.
- Clean the lens with a tidy smooth cloth so that there will be no interruptions on the lens while in use.
- Inspect for faulty and loose connections to ensure that your dome camera is in good working condition at all times.
What to Look For When Buying a Dome Camera?
- Price – Always see to it that the price of the dome camera corresponds enough for its features. By doing this you are making it sure that you are getting a great deal.
- Infrared LEDs
It is really desirable for a dome camera to use infrared LED lights because it consumes 80 percent less energy compared to the traditional ones.
- Wired or wireless
When it comes to buying a dome security camera, if you have the budget, always go for the wireless because they are more discreet and lesser maintenance is required. However, there is no wrong in using the wired one as long as you can conceal them effectively and you are currently on a tight budget, they will do the job as well.
- Devices supported
Check if it can support iOS and Android devices to avoid any incompatibility issue.
- Night vision
It is crucial for the best night vision dome camera to have this feature so that it can still capture clear videos even though it is already dark.
Inspect if the design can be concealed excellently so that intruders will not detect it when they take their entrance on your premises.
- Can be used for online streaming
Check if it is equipped with an ability to send its footage online in real-time so that you can view it even if you are on other places.
- Overheat protection
These devices are normally used continuously, you must ensure that it does not overheat.By doing this you are giving yourself a guarantee that it is very safe to use for extended periods.
Check if the item is sturdy enough to withstand long time use.
- Video quality
This is one of the most crucial factors to look for when you are planning to purchase a dome camera. Be sure that it produces high definition videos for maximum viewing experience.
- Large shooting span
Check if the dome camera that you will purchase can capture videos even at far for more efficient surveillance.
- Maximum space
Ensure that the capacity of the SD card or hard disk is sufficient enough so that you will not have to clean its storage from time to time.
- Easy to clean
It is much preferred if the dome camera has a smooth texture so that you can easily wipe it off when it is dirty.
- Good speakers/microphone
See to it that the dome camera has very responsive speakers and microphone so that you can hear the audio clearly when you want to.
- Speed –
Always go for the dome cameras that have a decent buffer rate and FPS for a more desirable viewing.
- Can be easily mounted
When buying a dome camera check if it already has a bracket that is included in the deal so that you will just mount it and you are good to go.
This is very important because it gives your dome camera some sort of security if it is exposed to water.
- Size and weight
The dome camera that you should buy must be small and light so that you can install them without any hassles.
- Accessories included
Inspect if there are some accessories that can be found in the package by doing so you are making it sure that you are getting the best deal.
See to it that it has a good warranty terms by doing so you are protected if there are factory defects on the item.
- Easy to install
Ensure that the product will not give you any hardships while installing it.
1. Royallite Wireless HD IP WiFi CCTV Indoor Security Camera – Our Pick
When you are planning to have a dome camera at your home it is crucial to see if it has a decent video quality. By having a high definition video you will have the peace of mind that you will see the videos that it captures without any hassles.
Its 360 degree mobile control will make the capturing of the footages more versatile because it can capture videos in a panoramic manner. This has become the best indoor dome camera. It has also a number of other features that are worth taking a look, come and let us discuss them further.
- IR night vision – It has an HD night vision with inbuilt IR lens for a viewable & clear image even in the absence of light.
- Motion detection – This feature will send you some alerts whenever any motion is detected.
- Two-way audio – It is where you can listen to the sounds that the camera captures and also have an interaction with the use of your smart device.
- Night visibility – Over 10 meters
- Multipurpose: It can be used for various purposes such as baby monitor, elderly care, small store management, and room surveillance.
- User-friendly: This dome camera is designed with easy setup feature so that you can install it by yourself without seeking the help of a professional installer. Just download the app in your android or iOS device; simply scan the QR code present in the manual for faster process. Lastly, set up the Wi-Fi and you are ready to go.
- Responsive SD card slot: The SD card slot is provided and this where the data can be stored without any hassles.
- Elegant design: This dome camera has a very stylish design which makes it very enticing to use on any parts of your house.
- Cloud recording: You will not have to worry if your camera is broken or stolen because the recordings are also available in cloud as this feature enables them to be stored in the server to avoid data loss.
- A little bit expensive: This is understandable because this product has premium features.
2. ThinkValue Wifi Wireless HD IP Security Dome Camera CCTV – Extraordinarily Strong Signal
If you are the type of person that would want a premium dome camera in your home, you will surely love this one. Introducing ThinkValue Wifi Wireless HD IP Security Dome Camera, it has premium features that make it very awesome.
Think of a feature in your mind and this dome camera might have it! It has a dual antenna that makes the signal reception to your wireless devices hassle-free and efficient.
It’s very reliable because it provides a high-quality video and audio to give you a very desirable viewing of your footage.
- Dimensions – 14 x 12 x 20 cm
- Weight – 499 grams
- Improved camera rotation – Its camera has the ability to rotate horizontally or vertically around your house because of its inbuilt rotating motor.
- Maximum SD card support – Supports up to 128GB capacity card.
- Night vision range – Up to 16 feet
- Resolution – 720p HD
- Inbuilt motion detection alarm via e-mail – It has the capacity to upload alarm snapshot to FTP, P2P Wifi connection.
- Warranty – 1 year
- Package Included – unit, 1.5m power supply, bracket, screws and user manual.
- Easy to setup and operate: No need of availing an installation service to set this dome camera up.
- Multifunctional: Best security solution for home, office, shops and schools.
- Loaded with features: This dome camera has a large number of features that will surely make you more satisfied while using it.
- Great durability: Its body is considerably thick which makes it endure all kinds of temperature.
- Amazingly cool: Even if you use it continuously, rest assured that you will not feel any heat build up from its outside because it is well-insulated.
- Low energy consumption: Expect that it will not affect your electricity bill because it does not consume much electricity.
- Limited network compatibility: Does not support 5G Wifi network.
3. Zeye New Upgraded 2.0 MP Turbo HD Security Camera – Extremely Compact
It is always great if your dome camera is very reliable even at night. When it comes to that Zeye New Upgraded 2.0 MP Turbo HD Security Camera is a perfect choice. This dome camera is equipped with 1080p full high-definition and night vision that will surely provide clear footage of what’s happening even in the darkest areas on your house.
Aside from that, there are much more features that this dome camera offers and we will tackle more of that below.
- Megapixels – 2
- Quality – 1080p with turbo HD
- Lens Type: 3.6MM, Fixed
- IR range – 20 meters
- Resolution: 1280 x 1080.
- Signal System – PAL/NTSC.
- Weatherproof Standard IP67 & IK10 – This is a very high-quality standard casing that guarantees you that it will withstand any harsh weather conditions without deteriorating.
- 36 LED display – Provides a clear display even at night.
- Warranty – 1 year
- The material used – high-grade ABS plastic
- Affordable: Even though this dome camera has a lot of premium features, it still remains affordable which will truly fit your budget.
- Added security features: Despite its low price, it has a lot of security features that you should be proud of such as the inbuilt motion alert. The said feature will notify you via an app if there are some suspicious movements in your house.
- Great durability: Since it is made up of sturdy materials expect that it will surely last longer than usual.
- Clear footages: It is made up of a high-quality lens and is equipped with great features which will make your viewing experience hassle-free and desirable.
- Easy to clean: Its texture is very smooth and there are no hard to reach areas which makes it very easy to sanitize when dirty.
- Compact: You can place it on very limited spaces because it is very small in size and light in terms of weight.
- Hard to install: Since it is very small, you must be careful when you install it because you might put tremendous pressure on the lens while holding it.
4. Dahua HAC-T1A21P 2MP HDCVI IR Eyeball Camera – HD on a Budget
Do you want to have an HD surveillance camera but the problem is you have a very limited budget? Then Dahua HAC-T1A21P 2MP HDCVI IR Eyeball Camera has something for you.
It is equipped with a resolution of 1080p and a frame rate of 30 fps that will make your viewing experience extraordinary.
This dome camera is definitely one of the best that you can find in the market right now because it is budget-friendly and at the same time loaded with great features.
- HD and SD output switchable – This gives you the privilege to choose what kind of storage device you want for your dome camera.
- Size of the lens – 3.6mm fixed lens (2.8mm, 6mm optional)
- Max. IR length – 20 meters
- Voltage – 12v DC
- Weight – 99.8 grams
- Dimensions – 10 x 5 x 5 cm
- Clean look: This dome camera has a clean white design that is a combination of simple and modern look.
- Easy to clean: Since this dome camera does not have any hard areas on its surface expect, you can easily clean it.
- Thick casing: It has a very thick body which gives you the peace of mind that it is tough and can withstand different weather conditions.
- Outstanding video quality: Its topnotch specifications will give you the guarantee that it will provide you high-quality footages every time.
- Light and compact: This dome camera has a very light weight and small size making it easy to fit even on the tightest areas of your house.
- Low energy consumption: This dome camera only consumes low electricity which makes it perfect for continuous use.
- LED light vulnerability: As the product gets old, its LED light sometimes does not turn itself on at night.
5. D-Link DCS-F1611 1MP HD Day and Night Fixed Dome Camera – Extremely Quiet Operation
If you are having dilemmas on where to put your surveillance cameras because your house is really small then D-Link DCS-F1611 1MP HD Day and Night Fixed Dome Camera is there to the rescue.
It has an extremely low price and decent features that will surely safeguard your house from harm. This is truly perfect for people that are currently on a tight budget.
Despite its low price it has a lot of other features that will surely entice you to buy it, come and let’s check them out.
- Outputs supported – AHD/ TVI/ CVI/ CVBS Output (OSD)
- Weight – 145 grams
- Dimensions – 9 x 9 x 7 cm
- IR range – 20 m
- Lens – 3.6 mm
- Video transmission – 300 m
- Power source – 12V DC
- Image sensor – 1/4 “ CMOS
- Signal system – PAL/NTSC
- Flexibility: Supports connectivity to a large number of outputs making it very usable and worth it to buy.
- Data protection guaranteed: It secures your storage device with its sturdy body and distinct design.
- Light weight: It is known as one of the lightest dome cameras out there making it very easy to handle and setup.
- Saves space: This dome camera has a very small size which gives you the privilege to place it on limited spaces.
- Not that efficient at night or in dark areas: The video quality when it comes to dark places seem to be below average.
6. Hikvision New Upgraded Turbo HD Dome Camera – Great Warranty Terms
If you are aiming to have a dome camera that is proven for being budget-friendly then this Hikvision Dome Camera will surely fit your taste.
It has a very light weight of 200 grams and dimensions of 9 x 9 x 9 cm which makes this camera significantly compact. Aside from that, it has a couple of other features that will make you think that this is definitely a must-have.
Now, let us check out its other features and decide if it suits your needs or not.
- Resolution – 720p
- Megapixels – Up to 3 if you will use the turbo HD feature
- IR distance – 20 meters
- Pixels – 1296 x 732
- Signal System – PAL/NTSC
- Warranty – 2 years
- Very affordable: This dome camera is very budget-friendly making it suitable for people on all walks of life.
- Amazing design: It has a very stylish design which makes it very desirable to use.
- Compact: It is very small and light so that you can easily hide it on tight places.
- Rapid speed: This dome camera has a decent buffering speed which makes its footages very desirable to watch.
- User-friendly: This product does not have any complex mechanism making it very easy to use without any difficulties.
- The exterior is a little bit brittle: Since it is very light in terms of weight, it compromises the thickness of the body which is very critical. Other than that, it does not affect the performance just do not put it on areas where direct sunlight is present.
7. iTrue IP01A Wireless HD IP Security Camera CCTV Camera – Spectacular Signal Reception
Are you looking for a dome camera that has a lot of features? Then iTrue IP01A Wireless HD IP Security Camera CCTV Camera might be perfect for you. It has a lot of features that will make you want its presence on your house.
It will provide you with the necessary security that you will need to protect your belongings at all times. Join us as we take a look at its other features and see if it will fit your needs.
- 360 degree mobile control – This feature lets itself rotate the camera horizontally and vertically from anywhere in the premises of your house by just using a mobile application.
- Motion detection – This feature will send alerts whenever any motion is detected so that you will be aware if there are intruders inside your house.
- Multipurpose – Good for various purposes such as baby monitor, elderly care, small store management and room surveillance.
- IR night vision – HD night vision with inbuilt IR lens for crisp & clear image regardless of the lighting in your house.
- Great value for money: Since this dome camera has a lot of good features you will surely get a great deal out of it.
- Third-party apps compatible: This dome camera can accommodate third-party apps which will make your experience more enticing and memorable. Some examples of the apps that it can accommodate are Blue Iris, Zone minder, iSpy.
- Excellent audio: This dome camera has an exceptional audio quality making it easier for you to hear the sounds on the footages clearly.
- Very durable: When it comes to parts, it is tried and tested that this dome camera is reliable and will not breakdown easily.
- Compact: The size and weight is considerably light weight making it easy to transfer its location whenever you need to.
- Easy to install: There are no complex structures that can be found on this dome camera making it very easy to install.
- A little bit expensive: It is more expensive compared to its counterparts.
8. ZAAMBUTECH WiFi IP 960p Bulb Camera – Unique Design
There are times wherein we would like to have some unique items to place inside our house. In this manner, ZAAMBUTECH WiFi IP 960p Bulb Camera will definitely be a great choice.
It has a unique bulb-shaped design that will greatly add more to your excitement because it will be an additional attraction to your house. No one will notice that its primary purpose is to be used for surveillance because it just looks like an elegant light bulb.
It has a lot more features that we will discuss below.
- Resolution – 960p
- Weight – 222 grams
- Dimensions – 13 x 7 x 6 cm
- Video format – 1280 x 1024
- Mega pixel – 1.3
- Compression format – H.264
- Super wide view angle – 360-degree panoramic view angle with 1/3” fisheye lens
- Motion detection sensors – This feature detects it when something is moving in the room and it lets you know immediately so that you will be aware of it.
- No blind area and great in dark areas: See the entire room without any limitations in stunning HD video quality during the day or even at night.
- Two-way audio communication: You can use this dome camera for different purposes because it has the ability to also capture the audio in the footages in real time.
- Multi-user platform: Up to 10 people can access the camera freely and monitor what’s happening on the area.
- Very versatile: It can accommodate up to 40 days of continuous video and audio recording.
- Easy to set up: This dome camera has zero complexities when it comes to installation because of this you can easily setup this within a few minutes.
- Does not continue its recording after a power failure: You have to reset the device every time a power failure occurs.
9. D3D Wireless HD IP WiFi CCTV Indoor Security Camera – Sleek Design
If you have a budget and want to have a dome camera that has premium features then this D3D Wireless HD IP WiFi CCTV Indoor Security Camera is the perfect one for you.
It has the newest smart features that let you link it to your smartphone devices so that you can glance at your footage whenever you want to. This dome camera also has a very sleek and black appearance that makes it look really elegant.
Let us continue and discuss its other desirable features and check if it suits you.
- Maximum storage capacity – 128 GB SD card
- Weight – 249 grams
- Compatibility – iOS and Android devices
- Dimensions -16 x 15 x 10 cm
- Material used – Sturdy plastic
- Resolution – 1080p HD
- Package includes – Unit, power supply, bracket, pack of screws, LAN cable, and detailed user manual
- Output – 12v 2.0a
- Cloud recording – It keeps your recordings secured on an FTP server even if the camera is stolen or broken.
- IR night vision – HD night vision with an inbuilt IR lens to ensure high-quality footage even on dark places.
- Motion detection – This feature will give you alerts if any motion occurred giving you a peace of mind that you deserve.
- Warranty – 1 year
- Very versatile and multifunctional: View the live video of your home and talk to family members anytime on your mobile phone or computer.
- Great two-way audio feature: It has an in-built microphone and speaker for voice conversation. You can use this to chat with your family or employees if you want to say something to them
- Easy installation: This dome camera has a very simple structure making it very easy to setup without any hassles.
- Multi-Level Recording: For added accuracy and protection, this device can record images and videos on SD card, Cloud server/ FTP, and email. This multilevel recording function keeps all the images and videos safe from corruption and breaches.
- User-friendly: Just plug the device and view the live footage on your mobile phone or computer.
- Very responsive: Since all videos and images are saved in an SD card expect that it is responds much quicker.
- High price tag: This actually understandable because this dome camera has a lot of premium features.
10. TP-Link NC450 HD Pan Tilt Indoor Outdoor Cloud Camera with Night Vision – Premium Quality
If you are looking for a dome camera that is very energy efficient then this TP-Link NC450 HD Pan Tilt Indoor Outdoor Cloud Camera will surely meet your expectations.
It has a very light weight of 349 grams and dimensions of 10.9 x 10.6 x 14.4 cm which makes this camera very portable. Aside from that, there are a lot of other features that will entice you to have it.
Now, let us tackle its other features and see if it fits your needs or not.
- Resolution – 1280 x 720P HD
- Rotatable body – This dome camera has the capacity to rotate 300 degrees horizontally and tilts up to 120 degrees vertically to view and record at different angles.
- Live updates – You can receive live email updates whenever the camera detects motion or sound to alert if there is something going on in your house.
- Built-in infrared LED lights – Its LED lights can provide up to 26 feet of visibility at night for 24-hour protection.
- Voltage – 220 volts
- Wireless type – 802.11.b, 802.11.g, 802.11.n
- Excellent FPS: Expect that this dome camera will produce videos that are really excellent in terms of quality because of its outstanding frame rate.
- High accuracy: Its lens will guarantee that it will deliver accurate videos with great details.
- Compact size: This camera has a very small size which makes it fit even on the tight spaces of your house or office.
- Spectacular design: This product has a very awesome design which makes it very exciting to use that will surely fit your taste.
- Sturdy body: It is made up of sturdy materials which makes it very durable and will give it the ability to last longer.
- Difficult to configure: Some users had a hard time configuring this dome camera because it involves a lot of complexity.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there a possibility that a dome camera can catch a virus?
The dome camera does not have any capacity to catch a virus from a computer because it does not have any operating system.
2. Is it a good idea to put a dome camera on every corner of your house?
It comes down with your budget but if you do not have it you can just install them on the corners of your house where it needs the most security.
3. What type of connector does a dome camera use?
There are different connectors that a dome camera uses but most commonly BNC connectors are widely used.
4. Is it alright to place a dome camera with an LED in sunny areas?
Absolutely yes, for the reason that they are made for both daylight and nighttime use.
5. If I use a dome camera continuously without turning it off, will it have any effect on my electricity bill?
No, because they only use a little amount of electricity.
6. Is it safe to buy a dome camera online?
Yes, it is very safe as long as it is from a highly-reputable website like Amazon.com.
7. I am confused about what to buy; will I go for a dome or a bullet camera for my home?
If your house has very limited space then go for the dome cameras but if not you can opt for the bullet cameras.
8. Will a dome camera last long?
Assuming that you take good care of it properly we can estimate that it can last for almost 10 years.
9. Is it safe to use a dome camera outdoors?
Absolutely yes, just make it sure that the dome camera that you will buy is waterproof.
10. When there is a power surge, will it destroy my dome camera?
There are instances wherein a power interruption could happen and it cannot be prevented but worry no more because dome cameras protect themselves from those kinds of situation.
What a long journey we have tackled the various dome cameras that are available in the market right now that you can purchase. Right now, we will choose the best dome cameras according to their efficacy and customer response.
Firstly, our vote goes to Royallite Wireless HD IP WiFi CCTV Indoor Security Camera because of its high-end features and exceptional durability.
Next for the mid price range, ThinkValue Wifi Wireless HD IP Security Dome Camera CCTV is our choice because of its unique design.
Lastly for the low price range, Zeye New Upgraded 2.0 MP Turbo HD Security Camera is our bet because of its great features considering its affordable price.