Top Dinner Sets
A dinner set gives an elegant look to our dining area when compared to mixed plates, mugs, and utensils. However, many people tend to think that dinnerware sets are for the rich only, and that is the common misconception of people.
But throughout the years, the use of dinnerware became more widespread, and a lot of Indian households are now using it because it is much convenient and better to look at.
La Opala, Larah, Homray, Cello are some of the best dinnerware brands in India. They provide us with a very fancy dinner set. If you are looking for something in stainless steel than Shri and sham, pigeon, Shubham, RBJ are the best steel dinner set brands in India.
So the bottom line is dinnerware provides a better and much satisfying dining experience to every household. There are multiple unique dinner sets to choose from, brands offer color varieties too. Many families choose white dinnerware set, but with changing trends, many are opting for modern sets as well. The best dinner set offers both design and stability.
In this article, we will provide you with information on why should you get a dinnerware set, things to look out while buying best quality dinner set, and its type. Lastly, we have also mentioned our Top 10 best dinner set and FAQ’s.
Top 10 Dinnerware Sets
Good for everyday use
Microwave Safe and 100% Virgin Materia
Pink Floral Design
Everlasting Shiny Print
Premium Durable Material
Why should you buy Dinnerware sets?
- Budget-friendly – simply because it is a complete set already in one buying, expect that you can save you a significant amount of money.
- Time-saver – by buying a complete set of dinnerware, you will save a lot of time buying those items on a separate basis because all the items that you need are all included in one package.
- Very accessible – when you have unexpected visitors, just grab your complete set of dinnerware, and you are good to go.
- Adds up style for your home – you will have a satisfying feeling of having a pleasant looking set of plates and utensils prepared right in front of you, and if you are not using it, you can put it in a cabinet as a display as well.
- Uniformity – by having a complete set of dinnerware can give a more organized look to your dining room.
- Can be a great gift item – it is also a great choice if you are having a hard time buying gifts for your friends and relatives.
Types of Dinnerware
Bone china or china dishes are considered the most durable among all kinds of ceramics. It is produced from the combination of tremendously refined clay and bone ash and usually in the colour of translucent white. In order to produce bone china, a 1204 degrees Celsius temperature is required.
It is a type of dinnerware that is opaque and porous and is made of light-coloured clay that is heated for a massive 1204 degrees Celsius. In terms of durability, it is considered the best because of the sturdiness of the materials that are used in making this.
Its common characteristic is that it is translucent and non-porous. Compared to other types of ceramics, it tends to have lesser weight and density. It is produced from white clay and has been heated for a whopping 1260 degrees Celsius.
It is also opaque and porous like stoneware; however, compared to it, this earthenware tends to be less resistant to damages such as chipping.
Opalware dinner set is made up of milky white glass that is either opaque or translucent. Fluorine compounds produce it. It gives an elegant look overall, providing that sophisticating feel to the user’s house.
This type of dinnerware is usually made up of polypropylene, a very durable plastic material that is unbreakable.
Things to Look For When Buying Dinnerware Sets
- Trusted brand – when looking for a dinnerware set, consider buying from a trusted brand that can help you avoid unwanted buying experiences.
- Durability -make sure the product is durable and made from high-quality materials. By doing this, you are sparing yourself of a headache that substandard products can bring.
- Colour and design – choosing the correct color and design that corresponds to the concept of your dining room for a more pleasant dining experience.
- Affordability – when buying a dinnerware set, always check if it fits your budget because some of them can cause a fortune. Always keep in mind what is the main reason why you are looking for one, either if it is mainly for functionality or luxury.
- Size and weight – this is very important in the sense that you do not want to use a very heavy dinnerware, which compromises a lot of comforts and ease while you are using it.It is very important to go for lighter dinnerware as you do not want to compromise comfort, although when going for the lighter ones, be sure that it does not compromise the sturdiness of the material.
- Easy to clean – this is another crucial factor to look for because you would want to have a hygienic experience every time you are using the dinnerware. It also lessens the tremendous amount of work required for you to keep it clean at all times. It is proven that smoother textures will make it easier for you to clean it compared to rougher ones.
- Best dinner set material – by seeing to it that the dinnerware that you will buy is made of food-grade materials, you have the peace of mind that you will not catch any disease while you are using the product.
- Microwave safe – from time to time, we tend to heat and even cook some of our meals in a microwave oven. That is why this feature is present to be sure that the dinnerware that you will be buying is safe to put inside a microwave oven. By doing so, you are saving a lot of time from transferring the food from one container to another because you can already put it directly on your dinnerware.
- Sturdy – dinnerware items must not be brittle at all times because they receive massive shocks from time to time while we are using it. It is an important characteristic that a dinnerware must possess, which is to resist those kinds of shock without having any cracks.
- Warranty – whenever a product is shipped from one place to another, there are chances that mishandling could occur, and it might put a minimal to major damage on the item. By having a warranty, you are protected in this type of situation because you can easily return the item without any hassles.
- Bone ash free – this is very important because there are lots of other alternative materials that can be used to strengthen a dinnerware, and it is unacceptable to kill animals just to get some ashes on their bones.
- Microwave oven friendly – by having this feature, you can directly put your food along with this dinnerware to the microwave oven directly without getting damaged.
- Stain-resistant – dinnerware needs to have this characteristic as it avoids unwanted stains to stay on the surface, which will make the look of your dinnerware bad permanently. Also, stain-resistant dinnerware items are much easier to clean and wipe.
- Dishwashing liquid safe – the texture and the printing on a dinnerware can deteriorate if it is not safe to wash with a dishwashing liquid. By ensuring that your dinnerware is safe from cleaning agents, you can have a peace of mind that it will not deteriorate when you are washing it with a dishwashing liquid.
- Non-slip – when dealing with pieces of dinnerware, you must ensure that its texture is non-slippery because the first thing that you would not want to happen is for your dinnerware to slip from your hands, which can break those objects into several pieces.
1. La Opala English Lavender Dinner Set of 23 – Floral Trimming
If you are already bored with the usual round shape of your plates in your dinnerware and would want to have some change of heart. Then this dinnerware set from La Opala has a treat for you. The dishes in this line of their dinnerware have a floral trimming on its exteriors which gives the item a sophisticated and distinct look
- Colors the dinnerware is available in white/blue/green.
- Dinner plate size- 10.5 inches
- Dishwasher safe – this will give you the privilege to clean the item easily with the use of a dishwashing liquid without damaging the item.
- Microwave safe
- Bone ash free – No animal was abused or used in making this product.
- Maximum capacity – serving bowl (790 ml) and vegetable bowl (170 ml)
- Package contains – dinner plate-6pcs, quarter plate-6pcs, vegetable bowls-6pcs, serving plate-1pcs, serving bowls-2pcs, salt & pepper
- You can clean it quickly because it has a stain-resistant property, and it can be washed safely with the use of a dishwashing liquid.
- This product has a unique floral trimming design, which will surely add a wow factor in your dining area and will give a lot of fun and excitement while using it.
- The maximum capacity of the serving bowl is decent.
- It has a complete set of dinnerware already. That is why rest assured that it would fit all your needs.
- The product is pretty expensive compared to its competitor brands that have the same number of dinnerware and features.
2. Larah by Borosil Classic Opalware 27-Piece Dinner Set – Retro Design
A retro look would always be a great choice when shopping for home products. Dinner set Borosil has a retro look to its dinnerware will make you feel like you are inside a time machine eating modern dishes combined with a classy classic feel.
- One hundred percent bone ash free is guaranteeing that no animals have been killed in the creation of this product.
- Materials used – toughened glass.
- Dishwasher safe – you can use a dishwashing liquid to clean your dinnerware without damaging it.
- This dinnerware set can withstand a significant amount of heat as it is Microwave safe.
- Chip resistance is ensuring that your dinnerware is safe from harsh behavior such as scratching of the spoon, knife, and fork.
- Colour -white
- Package Contents: 6-Piece Full Plate, 6-Piece Quarter Plate, 6-Piece Vegetable Bowl, 6-Piece Soup Bowl, 2-Piece Serving Bowl, 1 Oval Rice Plate
- Its design and structure is just right for daily use
- The product is lightweight, which makes it very easy and convenient to use.
- You will save a lot of time transferring containers from time to time because you can put this dinnerware directly to the oven.
- Available only in 1 color.
3. Larah By Borosil Mimosa Opalware 14-Piece Dinner Set – Good for everyday use
Some people immensely love floral design then you might want to consider purchasing this Opalware from Borosil Mimosa. This has an elegant design that is very desirable to look at.
- 100% vegetarian with bone ash free.
- Materials used – food-grade and 100 percent hygienic glass.
- Break, chip, and scratch-resistant.
- Microwave oven friendly and dishwasher friendly.
- Made out of toughened glass, allowing it to last longer.
- Mirror Finish – provides a better look and ease of cleaning.
- ISO-9001-2008 Certified – this is an additional guarantee that the product underwent a tremendous quality check to ensure that the product’s quality is up to the mark.
- Colour – White
- Package includes – 4-Pieces Full Plate, 4-Pieces Soup Bowl, 4-Pieces Veg Bowl, and 2-Pieces Serving Bowl
- It is great for everyday use because of its durability as well as for formal occasions because of its elegant design.
- Can be an exceptional gift item because it is lightweight and elegant.
- It can be easily cleaned without any hassles because it can be washed using a dishwashing liquid.
- It provides a complete dining experience without the need to have a lot of dinnerware.
- The product is very affordable.
- No negative points observed so far.
4. HOMRAY Opulence 48-Piece Dinner Set – Microwave Safe and 100% Virgin Materia
This microwave-safe dinner set from Homray will surely make your dining experience more exciting. Especially if you are a blue lover, this will definitely catch your attention. A recommended must have to all people that are looking for a massive set of dinnerware.
- Number of pieces – 48 pieces which include full plates -6, quarter plates – 6, tumblers -6, spoons -12, vegetable bowls-12, serving bowls-2, serving bowls lid- 2, serving spoon-2
- Colour – dark blue
- Microwave safe, freezer safe, and dishwasher safe,
- The material used – 100% virgin food grade polypropylene
- Multipurpose – good for dining, noodles, sweet dish, snacks, mixing bowls, and microwave heating
- Worth the price as it comes with multiple products.
- Perfect for everyday use because it is also microwave-friendly.
- Its dark blue color is eye-catching, and it will add up some awesomeness to your dining area.
- It is one of the most durable dinnerware set out there because it can withstand tremendous amounts of heat and coldness.
- It can be easily cleaned because the use of dishwashing liquid will not harm the materials of this dinnerware.
- The lids do not fit the bowls well.
5. Homray 62-Piece Printed Round Dinner Set – Pink Floral Design
Putting a pink motif on your dining area is a little bit tough as there are limited dinnerware sets that have a pink concept. Thankfully, Homray has a solution for you because they just released their cool dinnerware set with a pink floral design.
- Package includes 62 pieces dinner set which composes of Full Plate – 6, Half Plate – 6, Vegetable Bowl – 12, Soup Bowl -6, Soup Spoons-6, Desert Bowl -6, Serving Bowl – 2, Serving Bowl Lid – 2, Curry Serving Spoon- 2, Spoon – 12, Tumbler- 6, Chutney Bowl- 2
- Microwave safe this product will guarantee you that it can tolerate a tremendous amount of heat and will not break down easily.
- This dinnerware set can endure extremely low temperatures without breaking down as it is Freezer safe.
- Dishwasher safe – it can be cleaned with various dishwashing liquids without getting damaged.
- The material used – 100% virgin food grade polypropylene
- Multipurpose – Suitable for dining, noodles, sweet dish serving bowl, serving, snacks, mixing bowls, microwave heating
- Its design and color are perfect for romantic dinners.
- The product is surely durable because of its hard plastic material.
- It is safe for human use because it is made from food-grade materials.
- It is very flexible to all kinds of temperature and will not break down when exposed to it.
- It is very easy to clean because it is dishwasher-friendly, and at the same time, its texture is smooth, which makes wiping very easy.
- It is very affordable, which fits people with a limited budget.
- The finishing does not look great because it looks like a plain plastic.
6. Cello Imperial Vinea Opalware 33-Piece Dinner Set – Classic Design
For people who literally love abstract designs on their belongings, then you should go for this opal ware dinnerware by Cello Imperial. It will give you a premium feel of a complete dinnerware set minus the high price!
- Made in India with most advanced German technology as per European standards
- Bacteria-free nonporous and hygienic for your family – this will give you peace of mind that you will not accumulate any disease while using the product.
- 100 percent bone ash free – this guarantees that there are no animals that are the harm in the creation of this product.
- Thermal resistant – this will guarantee that no cracks will occur on heating food in the microwave oven.
- Break, chip, and scratch-resistant – which will ensure that the product will not deteriorate easily even with everyday use.
- Food grade and 100 percent hygienic
- Available in color White
- Package Includes – 6-Pieces Full Plate, 6-Pieces Quarter Plate, 6-Pieces Veg Bowl (190ml), 2-Pieces Medium Serving Bowl (1.37 Litres), 1-Piece Oval Platter, 6-Pieces Soup Bowl (290ml) and 6-Pieces Soup Spoons
- Its classic design can catch the eye of your guests and will surely become a piece of the conversation, which is a positive thing.
- It is perfect for everyday use because the materials used are sturdy enough to withstand scratches, chipping, and breaking off.
- The durability of this dinnerware set is superb, making it last longer compared to its counterparts.
- Smooth surface, lightweight and super white
- The design is unique and elegant, which makes it a good addition to your dinnerware collection.
- The product is very heavy.
7. Golden Fish Unbreakable Plastic & Microwave Safe 38-Piece Dinner Set – GF-H-01
If you want to have a change and would want an irregular-shaped dinnerware set on your dining area for a more sophisticated look, then this dinnerware set from Golden Fish is perfect for you. It is composed of square-shaped plates and bowls that will truly tickle your imagination.
- Materials used – made of the superior quality melamine plastic with attractive and beautiful Floral print
- Product dimension – 35 x 20 x 15 cm
- Weight – 998 grams
- Heat resistant – up to 50-60 degrees Celsius.
- Package includes – Rice Plate-1 Full Plate-6 Half Plate -6 Veg. Bowl-12 -Donga-2 Cover Donga-2 Serving Spoon -3 Eating Spoon -6
- Overall weight – 4 kilograms
- Made from toughened extra-strong and scratch-resistant material
- Microwave-friendly – it will not experience any breakdown when exposed to heat from microwave ovens.
- Color – white base with floral patterns
- The unique design gives a very elegant look to your dining table and will leave a very good impression on your guests.
- A great starting dinnerware set that is worth it for your money.
- It is made up of melamine plastic, which makes it very sturdy.
- This dinnerware set is complete already; that is why all that you need can be accessed easily.
- The price is pretty reasonable, knowing its features.
- The finishing on the corners is pretty rough.
8. STEHLEN Prism Series 46-Piece Dinner Set – Modern Design
It is proven that dark colors add up elegance to every object, and if you put that concept in a dinnerware, it will be the perfect combination ever. That’s what Stehlen has put in their Prism Series of dinner set. That is why if you want to add up some elegance on your dining experience, this is probably the best one for you!
- Package includes – 6 x Dinner plate (30cm), 6 x Small plate (23cm), 12 x Katori (9.5cm), 6 x Soup bowl (11.5cm), 3 x Casserole (19cm) with 3 lid, 3 x Serving spoon (25 cm), 6 x Soup spoon (14cm), 1 x Serving platter (35.5cm)
- The material used – 100 percent BPA free melamine plastic
- Microwave-friendly – this gives you peace of mind that the product will not breakdown when exposed to heat.
- The modern design makes your dining experience more exquisite
- Can be used in formal events
- A perfect gift for relatives and friends
- It is also made of melamine plastic, which makes it very sturdy, and it is guaranteed that it will last longer.
- The product is BPA free, which will give you peace of mind that it is safe for human use.
- A little bit expensive.
9. Bataniya Melamine Square-Shaped 46-Piece Dinner Set – Everlasting Shiny Print
There will be an instance wherein we are required to accommodate a lot of guests, then a dinnerware set which is composed of a lot of dining utensils will be a great choice to buy!
- Package includes – 6 full plates, 6 half plates, 12 vegetable bowls, 3 dongas, 3 lid, 1 rice plate, 3 serving spoon, 6 teaspoons, 6 forks. It is a complete set to serve 6-8 people at a time.
- Materials used – made up of 100% pure melamine plastic.
- Product dimensions – 40 x 15 x 50 centimeters
- Weight – 8.4 kilograms
- The melamine material ensures that the product will surely last longer compared to other kinds of dinnerware sets.
- Its design is outstanding making it a perfect fit for daily use in the house.
- It is a perfect choice as a gift for friends and relatives.
- It is composed of a whopping 46 piece dining utensils which can accommodate a lot of people with different needs.
- The product is pretty heavy.
10. Shri & Sam Stainless Steel 98-Piece Dinner Set – Premium Durable Material
If you want to have the ultimate completeness of a dinnerware set, then Shri & Sam would probably be your first choice. It contains whopping 98-piece dinnerware items that will surely fit a lot of people for every specific need. Steel dinner sets are widely used and loved by Indian families; this one particular will come handy if anyone is setting up a new home.
- Package includes – 8 dinner plates, 8 side plates, 8 glass, 16 bowls, 8 pudding bowls, 8 chutney bowls, serving bowls, 3n serving bowl lid, 8 dinner spoon, 8 dinner fork, 8 pudding spoon, 1 serving ladle, 1 serving basting spoon solid, 1 serving basting spoon perforated, 1 serving rice spoon, 1 serving skimmer, 1 salad tong, 8 fruit fork, 1 salad/rice/pudding bowl.
- The material used – pure stainless steel
- Product dimensions – 20 x 20 x 30 cm
- Weight – 11 kilograms
- The product will surely not rust at all which gives you the guarantee that it will last longer.
- It is perfect for a large number of people in a household and gatherings.
- It is very easy to clean because its stainless-steel material food will not stick to it.
- It is a perfect gift for family and friends, and they will surely love it because of its stylish design.
- It can be easily stored anywhere because of its stackable characteristic.
- It is expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the most durable dinnerware material?
Among all those materials, it is proven that plasticware that is made of melamine is the most durable.
2. Which animal bone is used in bone china?
It is made from the bones of different cattle that do have lesser iron content that is carefully selected. However, dinnerware that is created nowadays eliminates animal’s ash bone on the primary ingredient because it violates animal’s rights.
3. Is it safe to shop for dinnerware products online?
Yes, as long as it is from trusted websites such as Amazon.
4. Is it safe to wash dinnerware with a dishwashing liquid?
Yes, as long as your dinnerware is dishwasher safe, you have nothing to worry about
5. Do antique dinnerware items worth anything?
Yes, it primarily depends on the material and who owned certain dinnerware in the past.
6. How can you eliminate marks off your plates?
With the use of cloth, gently rub those marks with water and a gentle but mild abrasive powder.
7. How do you get black marks off stoneware?
With the use of a wet sponge, gently rub it with a combination of baking soda and water. Rub it until the black marks off are eliminated.
8. Is stoneware safe to use?
Yes, high-quality stoneware is completely non-toxic, safe, and can last for a long time if maintained properly.
9. Which is better plastic or toughened glass?
Yes, both are good materials, and those two are widely used in dinnerware products that we can find in the market right now. It is just a matter of preference on which do you favor most, although sturdy plastic material like melamine is really great and not prone to cracks, unlike dinnerware that is made with glass.
10. How can I maintain a dinnerware set?
When a dinnerware set is not in used, it is advisable to wrap it with a bubble plastic before you put it on a storage box. This will ensure that the dinnerware set is completely safe at all times.
It was a wonderful journey sharing our top picks of dinnerware sets for you, and for our conclusion, we will pick among them the best of the best among the three price ranges.
For the high price range, our vote goes to Shri & Sam Stainless Steel 98-Piece Dinner Set because of its durability and the complete dinnerware set, among others.
For the medium price range, Larah by Borosil Classic Opalware 27-Piece Dinner Set is deserving to be the best among them for its classic look and sturdiness.
Last but not least, for the low price range, Homray 62-Piece Printed Round Dinner Set is the best to go for because it combines affordability and design at the same time.