Top 9 Chips Making Machines – Reviews and Buyers Guide
There is nothing more satisfying than eating a bunch of tasty chips while watching your favorite movie. But as we all know to buy ready to eat chips are not healthy at all because it contains a lot of MSG which can affect our health.
Those ready to eat chips are very salty which gives our kidney a hard time every time we intake these chips that is why they are considered as”junk foods”.
Thankfully these chips making machines were invented, and because of them, we are enjoying chips without compromising the wonderful experience that potato chips give us whenever we eat them. It is also an exciting experience because you will have the opportunity to create your chips according to your preference.
Top 9 Chips Making Machines
Quality on a Budget
Quick Release Lever
Full stainless steel on a Budget
Easy Slide Feature
Stability and Design
Good for Business
Premium and High Standard
How to Use the Chips Making Machine?
Instead of cutting our potatoes manually to turn it into fries and chips we are given the privilege to reduce this tremendous work with the creation of chips making machines. The typical design of chip-making machines is composed of a body with a handle and sharp blades inside it. But the different chip-making machines have different styles of working.
The process is very simple you have to put the potato or any raw materials inside the machine and pierce it on the blade. Afterward, you will maneuver the handle to start the process of slicing.
Other chip-making machines have a completely different style in which you will place the raw material above the tool, and you will push it downwards for it to be sliced or grated. You can put a steamed potato directly on the machine, and after you finished processing it on the machine, then you can sprinkle some salt on it for added taste.
Or you can also process raw materials on it particularly potatoes and after the machine finished slicing it, then you can put the potatoes on the microwave open for it to achieve crispiness. Some fry it on the frying pan and submerges it on cooking oil, but that is not advisable if you are on the go because it requires some work.
Why Should I Buy a Chips Making Machine?
- Good for the health – Compared to the instant potato chips, the potato chips that are made from a chip making machine at home are fresh meaning it has no artificial flavoring. For a reason, that artificial flavors are linked to cases of a kidney infection, UTI and hypertension.
- Easy to use – Unlike manually slicing and frying your potatoes, a chip making machine spares you from a tremendous amount of hard work that you will do just to prepare chips or fries.
- Portability – It is much easier to bring because most of the chips machine is very handy which is very advisable to bring outdoors.
- Time saver – Just put the potatoes on the machine and start spinning the handle and it will start making chips for you right away. This technology is 90 percent faster than the old way of creating chips which are by manual slicing.
- Safer to use – By using this machine you are sparing yourself of accidents due to cuts because of misuse of knives.
- More hygienic – With the use of a chip-making machine the vegetable or fruit do not have direct contact with our hands while making the chips. This characteristic reduces the possible transfer of dirt which is because of touching the ingredient with our bare hands.
- Tastes better – This is one of the benefits of using a chip making machine because everything is fresh expect a much better feel and taste on the chips compared to the instant chips.
Buyers Guide for Chips Making Machine
- Sharp and sturdy blades – When buying one be sure that the blades are sharp enough to ensure efficient and quick chip making. Also, ensure that it has a sturdy blade that can withstand extended use.
- Added accessories – Check on what is included in the package such as grater and shredder would be an advantage.
- Easy to grip handle – this tool will be controlled using its handle that is why always ensure that the handle is very comfortable to grip and efficient.
- Stainless-steel material – although you can also opt-in for reliable plastics such as ABS material we prefer stainless-steel as it tends to last longer compared to other materials.
- Easy to clean – this is very important because hygiene is the number one priority when it comes to dealing with foods. Removable components would be a great advantage because you can easily clean the tool effortlessly.
- Stable stand – while doing the process it is a must that it has stability and will wiggle for hassle-free operation.
- Affordability – although most of the chip-making machines have a very low price it is always better to canvass first if the feature is worth it for its price. You can check this by comparing the chip making tool that you are eyeing to other brands.
- Size and weight – it is very important in the sense that you do not want the tool to eat up too much space on your kitchen. Added the fact that lightweight tools give you the privilege to transfer it easily from one place to another if you want to.
- Good warranty – it is a must to check if the product has a good warranty to ensure that you are protected whenever an issue shows up within the time frame of the warranty.
- Maximum capacity – check how many and how big the maximum object that you can put inside the tool per session.
- Multifunctional – for the best value for your money go for the chip making machine that can be used for other stuff such as wafer and fries making.
1. Capital Virgin Plastic Potato Slicer – Quality on a Budget
If you need a simple tool that you can use to create fries and chips, I guess that you should try this potato slicer by Capital Virgin. It has a very easy to use mechanism and simple design that will bring in the functionalities that you needed.
This machine is very good for all the potato lovers you can make chips, french fries, hash potatoes and mashed potatoes. It is very convient because of its strong handle.
- Dimensions – 11 x 25 x 13 cm
- Weight – 649 grams
- Color – white and yellow
- Materials used – high-quality virgin plastic.
- User – friendly – it is very easy to use and no further knowledge required.
- Safe to use – it has a very smooth plastic finish so that you can handle it safely.
- No electricity required.
- Very portable which you can easily bring anywhere you go.
- The body is very safe and durable because it is made of high-quality plastic.
- It can be used as a chopper, slicer, and cutter for your potatoes which makes it multipurpose
- The product is very affordable
- It is very easy to clean due to its detachable components.
- For it to function properly, you will need to use tremendous force to process the potatoes.
2. Divinext Heavy Duty Potato Slicer Machine – Quick Release Lever
When buying tools especially if it will be used in preparing our foods, we must ensure that they are reliable. With this heavy duty potato chip making a machine from Divinext you will surely never go wrong.
- Materials used – full stainless-steel
- Weight – 1.1 kg
- Multipurpose machine – can be used for potatoes, zucchinis, sweet potatoes, carrots, and radishes.
- Two different cutting patterns – spiral and tornado
- Commercial-grade – good for business and personal use
- Quick release lever – gives you the ability to return to starting position in a snap which makes the process of slicing very comfortable and speedy.
- This product will surely last long because it is made of full stainless steel that is why it is safe from rusts.
- It is lightweight and hand crank operated which it makes very desirable to bring outdoors.
- It is multifunctional that is why you will surely never get bored with your usual routine.
- Its design is sleek and professional-looking which will give your kitchen or business an added wow factor.
- The unit comes with a free replacement blade which you can use if t original blade has deteriorated already.
- Very easy to clean because of its large gaps which you can easily put your hands or brush inside of it to clean it.
- A little bit expensive.
3. Olypex 6 in 1 Multifunction Chip Making Machine – Multipurpose
If you are thinking of having a chip making machine and at the same time use it for other stuff, then Olypex 6 in 1 is a great deal already for you. Equipped with different features and unbreakable ABS plastic that will surely last for almost a lifetime
- Dimensions – 2 x 2 x 5 cm
- Ultra-sharp blades for efficiency with Rotary grater and slicer for multifunctional use.
- Materials used: ABS plastic high-grade polycarbonate material
- Multifunctional can be used for shredding, grating, and slicing.
- Dust-proof coating – for guaranteed protection of the surface of the machine.
- It comes with six different blades for tine slice, thick slice, frnch fries, fine shredder, coarse shredder, Cross shredder
- The ultra sharp blades will ensure that the objects will be cut accurately and quickly
- The handle is very easy to grip and comfortable and smooth to use.
- The ABS plastic material is made of polycarbonate material which is very sturdy and safe for human use.
- It can be easily cleaned because its components are detachable.
- The product is very user-friendly.
- It has a very limited maximum capacity
4. One Pearl Potato Chips Strip Cutting Cutter Machine – Full stainless steel on a Budget
Do you love thin-sliced chips or fries? It is already a no-brainer because all of us loves thin-sliced chips for the reason that it is much tastier than the thicker ones. With the easy to grip handle, you will never go wrong with this machine.
- Dimensions: 15 x 15 x 5 cm
- Color: Silver
- Materials used: Stainless-steel on the body and virgin plastic for the container
- Multifunctional can produce French fries and finger chips.
- Package includes: 1 unit of potato cutter with 2 blades
- The components are removable which makes it very easy to sanitize.
- It has sharp blades which make the process of making chips really quick.
- The product is very durable because it is made up of a stainless-steel body.
- This unit is very handy which is very easy to bring anywhere you want to and transferring its location from time to time will be no hassle at all.
- You can chop and dice potatoes which make it a good multifunctional machine.
- The product has no logo which is very understandable because it is a Chinese brand.
5. Vruta Potato Chips Making Machine – Easy Slide Feature
For people who want an all-in-one chips machine maker then this is definitely a must try! What we want about this is that it has a chopper and dicer included as well as two blades as freebies.
- Dimensions: 26 x 9 x 12.5 cm
- Materials used: High-quality virgin plastic and stainless-steel
- Blades – Small (64 hole cutter); Large (36 hole cutter)
- Easy slide mechanism for efficient chips making.
- Sharp cutting blades for quicker processing.
- Color: Silver
- Easy slide feature – this makes the input of the potatoes inside the machine a lot easier.
- The unit comes with some freebies for more optimal chips making experience.
- The product is very efficient when it comes to cutting potatoes because of its very sharp blades.
- The parts are easy to detach because of that it is very easy to clean and manage.
- The price is relatively low compared to other brands which make it very affordable.
- Very user-friendly and no further knowledge required if you will use it.
- The machine will surely last long because it is made of high-grade stainless material.
- The design is very stylish which will surely add some elegance to your kitchen too!
- It cannot handle overly large potatoes because of its small size.
6. Taran Chip Maker Machine – Stability and Design
The combination of red and black always never goes out of style. And if you put those colors on a chip maker machine it will definitely make chip making experience really a lot better.
This multifunctional chip maker machine from Taran has it all the combination of style and functionality is the real deal.
- Multifunctional – can do various functions besides chip making such as wafer making, vegetable cutting, fruit slicer and etc.
- The material used – hardened stainless steel
- Color – mirror finish black and red
- Durable stand – for a much better storage
- Very stylish design which will greatly add up some beautiful and bold design on your kitchen.
- It has a stable stand which makes it easy to store and use.
- The handle has a comfortable grip for better chip making process.
- It is very easy to clean due to its glossy design.
- The hardened stainless-steel blade will ensure faster chip making and long-life span.
- Very limited maximum storage space.
7. The Urban Kitchen Tornado Potato Machine – Good for Business
If you are thinking of making your potato chips creation to the next level you might want to try out this heavy duty potato chips machine from Urban Kitchen. You can use it either personally or for business because of its size and functionality.
- Dimensions – 28 x 12 x 14 cm
- Multifunctional machine – can create curly fries, twister hotdog, spiral potato, tornado potato, and twister potato as well as other fruits and vegetables.
- Materials used – full stainless-steel
- Commercial grade product
- It has a very large capacity which can accommodate a lot of serving.
- Although it is commercial grade it does not compromise its portability which makes it very easy to transfer from one place to another.
- The product is commercial grade meaning it can be used either for business or personal use.
- It can be used for a lot of functions which makes it very flexible.
- The full stainless-steel will ensure that the product will last for extended periods of time.
- The design is very stylish which will surely attract the attention of your friends or customers.
- It is environment-friendly and safe to use.
- Its maintenance does not cost too much which is an advantage for budget-conscious people.
- It is very affordable.
- A little bit hard to clean.
8. GZQNAN Manual Potato Chip Maker Machine– Hassle-free Cleaning
This full stainless-steel chip maker tool is good for business and personal use. The twisted chips that this chip maker tool makes is simply irresistible.
Added the fact that it can also be used for other types of vegetable which makes it very flexible.
- The material used – High-grade stainless-steel
- Safe and non-toxic which is very safe for human use because of its food-grade material.
- Multifunctional – can also be used for other vegetables and fruits that have the same shape and texture of potatoes such as cucumber and carrots.
- Commercial-grade – can be used for business or home.
- For the reason that the materials used on this product are pure stainless steel, it guarantees that it never rusts and will not deteriorate easily.
- The base of it is very stable and has a rubber beneath it which makes it non-slip.
- It has a very strong friction force to ensure the precise and excellent quality of its cutting/twisting mechanism.
- It is very easy to clean to do due to its spacious interior.
- The handle is very easy and comfortable to grip.
- A little bit expensive.
9. Kitchy Hot Chip Maker Machine – Premium and High Standard
For a premium chip maker machine, you will get the best of both worlds when you purchase this Kitchy Chip Maker Machine. Its stylish design will surely add up some wow factor on your kitchen.
- The material used – Stainless steel
- Certification – CIQ
- Color – red
- Eco-friendly – this is a manual chip maker machine that does not use electricity to operate.
- Easy grip handle – for a more comfortable cutting of potatoes.
- Capacity – shredder and slicer
- It is multipurpose which gives you the opportunity to use it not only for potatoes but also for different kinds of fruits and vegetables too.
- The product is very stylish which will surely which will give an outstanding look on every kitchen.
- The easy to grip handle makes the cutting of the potatoes and other vegetables hassle-free.
- It has a CIQ certification which only proves that the product is really high-quality and safe to human use.
- The two blades guarantee that it will cut the object much faster compared to other brands. Added the fact that it also has a chopper and dicer which makes the tool very flexible.
- The materials used in this machine are very durable because it is made of stainless steel this ensures that the tool will last longer.
- The product is expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If the chip making machine gets old what common maintenance will it need?
Answer: Chip making machines are not electronics they are just simple machines that use a lever and blade to accomplish its task. For this reason overtime, the blades can become dull but do not worry because blades are replaceable and can be sharpened from time to time.
2. What cleaning agents that I can use in sanitizing the chip making machine?
Answer: You can either wipe it down with a clean cloth or wash it with a dishwashing liquid as most of the chips making machines do have detachable components.
3. Is it safe to shop online for a chip making machine?
Answer: Absolutely yes, ensure that the online store that sells the chip making machine are credible enough. Online stores such as Amazon will keep your doubts away from you because they are in the business for a long period already and a known global brand.
4. If the blade has already worn out where can I buy a new blade?
Answer: There are aftermarket blades that are available in the mall and Amazon.
5. What other vegetables and fruits that a chip maker machine can handle?
Answer: The raw materials could be but not limited to cucumber, carrots, pineapples, and cassava as well as other vegetables that have the same texture as potatoes.
6. Is there a limit on the size of the potatoes that the machine can handle?
Answer: Yes, it depends on the machine as long as it fits the blade and can fit inside the machine then it is good to go.
7. How long will the blades of chips making machine lasts?
Answer: Just like when we buy a new kitchen knife it would last for a lot of years you will just have to maintain its sharpness every year or two depends on the frequency of the usage.
8. How to create French fries and potato chips using this machine?
Answer: Chips making machines do have different blades for different functions such as slicer and shredder. The slicer is usually used for making chips, and the shredder is for the fries.
9. Are chip-making machines safe to use?
Answer: Yes it is completely safe because the blades are completely away from your hands when you are using the tool.
10. If I want to sharpen blades how can I detach it from the body?
Answer: One piece of advice that I can give you is do not alter the machine if it still under warranty because it can void it. However, if it is already out of the warranty, you can do so just follow the instructions on the manual for you not to break any parts.
You have reached the end of this article, it means you are ready to buy a chipmaker machine. We have tackled the different chips making machine that are the best in terms of quality and features. We picked the following as our best pick: For the high price range chips making machine, we go for the Kitchy Hot Chip Maker Machine because of its high-standards when it comes to design and quality.
Next is the mid-price range, we chose Capital Kitchenware Plastic Potato Slicer because of its stability that comes from its base and awesome design. Added the fact that it is affordable and easy to use. Lastly, for the low price range, our hearts go to Capital Virgin Plastic Potato Slicer because for a very low price you will have a lot of functionality that you needed on one machine.