Top 10 Car Air Purifiers
According to recent studies and surveys, India is one of the most polluted countries. Pollution cause respiratory infections, allergies, and other health problems. In order to breath fresh and pure air, many companies have come up with the concept of air purifiers. Many are using air purifiers in homes, offices, and cars. A car air purifier ensures providing pure air free from allergens, dust, viruses, bacteria, smoke gases, and odor.
A car air purifier is ideal when you are traveling long hours of the day in traveling. Also, it is a must to use a car air purifier when kids, pregnant women, asthmatic, allergy sufferers are traveling in the car. They are more prone to pollution and sometimes even damage their respiratory functions. Hence, for healthy traveling, an air purifier for car comes handy.
In this article, we have mentioned different types of car air purifiers India available in the market. Also, we have mentioned the buying guide and how air purifier for car works, benefits of using it, How Necessary Is Car Air Purifier is, maintenance of car air purifier and a few best picks. Moreover, some FAQs to help you with buying and avoid confusion caused.
Top 10 Car Air Purifier
Five levels of filtration
Plug and play
Less power consumption
Multi filtration stages
Dual USB charger
Pollution level indicator
Controlled by a smart chip
Two in one
How Do Car Air Purifiers Work?
Every car air purifier works based on the technology, design, and mechanism used. Some car air purifiers use filters to trap the dust, bacteria and other pollutants while some purifiers release negative ions to bond with airborne particles and purify the air.
Also, devices based on ozone emit ozone gas and purify the air inside the car. However, every technology used has its advantages and disadvantages.
Benefits of Using Air Purifiers
- It reduces pollutants from the car.
- They help a lot by removing impurities from the air.
- Also, it is also suitable for people who are allergic and have asthma.
- They keep the air inside fresh and smell good. Odorless air helps to breathe easily.
- Few car air purifiers are also capable of removing smoke, odor, dust, disease-causing germs and other harmful by-products.
- Moreover, they help us travel safely odor-free, dust free by providing good and fresh air.
How Necessary Is Car Air Purifier and Do They Make a Difference?
The car air purifiers remove contaminants from the air. However, we know that a car with AC also has filters and they help to remove dust particles and pollutants. The car air purifiers work much effectively in purifying the air. Few car air purifiers are capable of removing toxic elements, smoke, dust, odor. Also, car air purifiers have an advanced system which helps in removing the contaminants, bacteria, and virus from the air.
People who are sensitive to dust or pollutant particles are more prone to the headache when AC is on. You may feel the air inside the car is fresh and clear, but allergic people suffer a lot. Also, car air purifiers available in the market that can remove the contaminants and also odor. Hence, car air purifier reduces suffocation by providing good and fresh air.
Maintenance of Car Air Purifiers
Yes, your car air purifier also needs maintenance. You should vacuum the car air purifier once in a while for removing dirt resided on the unit. If the car air purifier is not maintained properly, there might be chances of improper performance.
Often a clean car air purifier will work much better than the dusted car air purifier. If your car air purifier is based on HEPA filters, then it must be replaced from time to time. Also, washable parts must be washed during the cleaning process.
Types of Air Purifiers
All air purifiers work to purify the air and remove impurities by providing fresh air. They are beneficial to people with asthma or allergy. Also, we have plenty of car air purifiers available in the market for removing the bad smell in the car and purify contaminated air.
HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) air purifiers use filters to trap the bacteria and other impurities. Particles that are harmful, bacteria, viruses caught in a HEPA filter cannot be seen. Also, HEPA air purifiers do not generate harmful products or ozone. A HEPA filter must be replaced when it is full. Also, HEPA air purifiers cannot remove gases, chemicals, and odor. Moreover, they can trap the microorganisms or particles that are between 0.3 microns to 10 microns.
An ultraviolet air purifier removes viruses, bacteria, and impurities from the air using ultraviolet light.They are small in size and compact. They use light bulbs to reduce impurities and other harmful particles from the air. They do not collect particles like filters and plates rather they use light to alter the cell’s DNA and cause death to bacteria and viruses.
They emit negative ions which bond with airborne particles. On bonding, the dust particles fall from the air. Ionic air purifiers are capable of removing allergens, smoke, bacteria, virus, dust, and fumes from the air. But they are incapable of removing odor from the air. Though the use of technology is a bit advanced yet these air purifiers are not preferred as they take the contaminated particles from the air and stick to the wall or any hard surface. They do not completely eliminate the bad particles and hence there might be the chance of getting it back again.
Generally, they are known as activated carbon air purifiers. They are effective in removing gases, smokes, odor, and fumes. Also, they are helpful to people who are sensitive. Though they are helpful in removing the contamination in the air yet they are less effective in removing airborne particles.
They release ozone gas to control the air pollutant. Though, many manufacturers claim that the ozone air purifier is safe to use, disinfects and deodorizes the air. Health professionals claim that ozone is harmful gas and may be allergic and even cause scars in the lungs. Also, they are incapable of removing pollens, dust from the air. However, we advise not to use ozone-based air purifiers as breathing ozone even accidentally is not good for your health.
We have seen different types of car air purifiers available in the market. Some use filters while some use UV light and some send negative ions while some send ozone gas. So, buying a different type of car air purifiers depends on the requirement you have. However, here mentioned are few basic check options that must be matched while buying a purifier.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)
Cair air purifier must change the air inside the car irrespective of a car having AC filters. The best car air purifier must be capable of purifying the air inside a mid-size car at least four times an hour. So, CADR must be around 12 15 cubic meters per hour.
Different Layers of purification
We have many purifiers available in the market that can work to some extent by providing clean air. Also, some car air purifiers use HEPA filters, activated carbons or ionizer even the combination of all to provide efficient purified air. A purifier that has the combination of technology used works efficiently. Also, the purifier can remove dust, smoke, odor, and pollutants.
Air purifying method
However, we know that different technologies are based on purifying the air. Also, you can pick a purifier that can remove even a small micron of airborne particles.
Where to place it?
You can place the purifier anywhere inside your car. However, it is noticed that many place them in a cup holder or on the dashboard or connect them directly to the charger. Few car air purifiers come with holders to be placed. A purifier can also be placed in a bottle holder. Pick a car air purifier that provides you with the convenience of placing it any corner of the car.
Every car air purifier produces noise either it may be low or mild or even high. The noise level depends on the factors like the speed of the fan, harmful pollutants inside. As highly polluted air needs more work to purify air and fan speed may be high producing sound. However, the noise produced by the car air purifier will be bearable and will not be loud that distracts your driving.
Mode of operation
A purifier may be a simple plug-and-play device or may operate with single one-touch control. Also, some work with USB. Opt for a car air purifier that has a smooth operation mode. However, remember that ozone based devices must not have pets or humans inside a car when the air is purifying.
1. Eureka Forbes Car Air Purifier – Five levels of filtration
Eureka Forbes is 37 years leading company. Their category of products includes air purifiers, vacuums, security solutions, accessories, etc. They aim to provide a healthy and happy living. Also, they are awarded by many publications and organizations. All their products are well-designed, innovative and efficient.
Easy to use Aeroguard car air purifier comes with a clear instruction manual. The product claims that it eliminates gases, micro-particles. Also, it removes bacteria and viruses. It has five levels of filtration and provides efficient performance. It follows ionization technology.
- Aeroguard comes with a 1-year warranty
- It comes with the clear user manual
- Now, you can be free from pollutants inside your car with the help of negative ions. The Purifier follows ionization
- Eliminates gases and airborne micro-particles
- It has 5 levels of filtration and air flows 360 degrees
- Also, it can easily fit in the cup holders
- The air purifier is convenient to use
- Works perfectly with small cars
- Build-up quality of the purifier is good
- Removes bacteria, viruses and you can be free from allergens
- No filter change indicator
- A user complained that it can not remove the odor completely
2. Atlanta Healthcare HEPA Car Air Purifier – Plug and play
Atlanta Healthcare, an Indian company founded in 2010. They try to provide fresh, pure air with high-technology. Also, they aim to provide innovative and creative solutions. Their category of products includes Air purifiers, car air purifier, anti-pollution mask, filters, and Air Quality Monitors.
The car air purifier has dual fan technology, four stages of the filtration process and works with one-touch operation. They are capable of fighting against smoke, dust, viruses, bacteria, dust, pet dander and other pollutants. It is a simple plug-and-play device. Moreover, the product claims one year warranty.
- The Motopure air purifier comes with dual fan technology
- It has four stages of filtration process it includes HEPA filter, Activated Carbon, Anti Bacterial Guard, and Ioniser
- It provides complete purification and fights against smokes, dust, virus, bacteria, gases, pet dander
- It purifies your vehicle in 10 minutes and works with one-touch control
- Performance of the product is good
- Effective in cleaning the air
- Easy to use and easy to install
- The size is too big to fit in most car’s dashboard
3. Honeywell Car Air Purifier – Long Life
Honeywell was founded in the year 1906. It is an American multinational company which provides consumer and commercial products. Also, they provide unique solutions to customers. List of the category includes Aerospace, Healthcare, Buildings, Homes, Footwear, Industrial, oil and gas, safety, and much more.
Honeywell pure2 car air purifier is easy to install, easy to use and works with a single touch button. Now, you can easily replace your filters with the help of filter indicators. It can be used in all cars and small SUVs. The air purifier is capable of removing smoke, toxins, gas, dust and other pollutants. Also, filter life is long and can be used for 360 hours.
- The air purifier comes with a pollution indicator that shows the level of pollution inside the car
- It has advanced carbon filters that are capable of removing bacteria, cigarette smoke, virus, bacteria, toxins
- Also, the HEPA filters help in removing dust and other pollutants
- It can be used in all types of cars and small SUVs
- No ions and also ozone free
- If the purifier is used daily for 2 to 3 hours, then the filter has 360 hours of long life
- It comes with the touch screen button
- Moreover, it comes with 2 fan speeds
- Quality of fresh air provided is good, clean
- Noise level is less
- Many users have appreciated its efficiency
- Filter indicator helps to know the status of the filter
- Can not be used in large vehicles
4. Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifier – Less power consumption
Sharp is a leading, renowned and age-old company. They provide high-quality unique products. Also, they have a wide range of collection of products including air purifiers, microwaves, ovens, and much more. Moreover, their products satisfy customer needs.
The sharp air purifier is designed uniquely to easily fit in your car’s bottle holder or cup holder. It comes with a washable filter that collects dust and pollens. It quickly cleans the air providing fresh and clean air. Also, this air purifier can be used on desktops. Moreover, the noise level produced is less and don’t disturb your tasks.
- IG-GC2E is suitable for all types of cars, SUV, vans as well as desktop. Even it is ideal for a small room
- The air purifier is capable of cleaning the air up to 30 sqft area
- Noise level produced by the air purifier is less and is 23db
- It requires 12v DC power and consumes 1.8w
- Now, you can charge your smartphone at the same time as the air purifier comes with 2 port USB car adaptor
- The air purifier is effective on dust, odor, smell, fungus, virus, gases, etc
- Also, IG-GC2E comes with PM 10 washable filter for removing thick dust
- Helps to reduce allergies
- Well-designed and sturdy product
- Easy to use
- Less noise at low speed
- The air purifier is certified for safety and effectiveness by 28 labs globally
- Cleaning takes some time, not very simple
- Filter quality is poor
5. Purita Classic Car Air Purifier – Multi filtration stages
Purita is a Delhi based air purification company that uses multiple layers to purify the air. Their aim is to provide high-quality pure air with the use of technology at a reasonable price.Their products include different type of car air purifiers, aromatic air diffuser, and room air purifiers. Also, they provide a warranty for their products. Moreover, they provide anti-pollution masks which were certified and tested.
Purita air purifier comes with aluminum alloy body and one year warranty. It is capable of changing the speed of air based on air purity. Multi-filtration stages are included for providing pure and fresh air. It is capable of removing PM 2.5, harmful gases, smog, odor, and other pollutants. Also, it is easy to use and has a one-touch operation.
- Purita air purifier comes with one year warranty
- It is ideal when you are traveling with your kids, pregnant woman, people affected with cough and cold, and who suffer from allergies
- It has a unique 360 degrees air flow and high CADR
- Also, the air purifier can be used in small areas like car
- It comes with multi-filtration that includes HEPA filters, carbon filters and is cable of removing allergens, dust, pollen, smoke
- Moreover, the air purifier can automatically change the speed of air based on the purity of the air
- Simple and good design
- It can sense even minute pollution
- Good build up quality
- Available at affordable price
- Long length cord
- Works only with USB
6. Skyfish Car Air Purifier – Dual USB charger
Skyfish have innovative, well-designed, and easy to use products that are made from good quality materials. Their products list includes Electronic weighing scale, silicone foot protector socks, car air humidifier, mini air freshener and much more.
The mini car air humidifier comes with a dual USB port. It shuts off automatically after continuous two hours of usage. It weighs around 150g. Also, the humidifier comes with an adjustable angle bracket. Also, it has a humidifying capacity of 50ml per hour.
- The air purifier comes with dual USB charger port. Now, you can simultaneously charge two devices
- It can protect from bacteria, dry air, dust, cold flu and can increase the humidity of the air
- The car humidifier auto-offs after 2 hours of continuous usage
- It comes with the 50ml water tank capacity
- Moreover, it has strong humidifying capacity per hour
- It comes with an angle adjustable bracket providing 360-degree rotation
- It works with touch control a blue light indicates humidifying mode, red & blue light indicates aroma-therapy mode and a red light indicates turn off
- Comes at an affordable price tag
- No negative point mentioned by the users about the product
7. Velvet-Line Car Air Purifier – Pollution level indicator
Ve;vet-Line car air purifier ensures healthy and pollutant-free ride in your car. The car air purifier comes with the pollution level indicator. The product comes with anti-skid mat and installation catalog. Apart from removing the pollutants and purifying the air, it also provides fragrance. Moreover, the air purifier comes with a beautiful and attractive design that can be installed easily in any car.
- Air Quality Index indicator monitors real-time air pollution. The red light indicates poor quality air, yellow light indicated moderate air quality and the green light indicates good quality air
- The product comes with an anti-skid mat, fragrance bottle, charger and a catalog that helps in easy installation
- The purifier also works as freshener by providing good fragrance
- Velvet-Line air purifier has a 4 layered HEPA filter that includes PM2.5 HEPA, PM0.3HEPA, Activated Carbon and Cold Catalyst
- Moreover, the product comes with one year warranty
- It works as a purifier as well as a freshener
- It has a good attractive design
- Also, the purifier is easy to use
- Shows real-time pollution level
- The efficiency of the purifier can be improved
8. Jkm Smart Car Air Purifier – Controlled by smart chip
The JKM car air purifier comes with a USB charger which can also be used to charge the smartphones. The purifier is controlled by a smart chip with multi-filter function, UV lamp, and negative ion. It is capable of removing dust, odor, smoke and kill germs. It shuts off automatically after 4 hours of usage.
- The air purifier offs automatically after four hours of continuous usage
- It is a plug-and-play device
- It indicates the quality of the air and speed of the fan gets adjusted as per the air quality
- Now, you can charge your mobile or other electronic devices that have 5v input
- Can also detect gas
- The velvet-line purifier is controlled by the smart chip with filters, UV lamp, and negative ions
- Good build-up quality
- Size of the air purifier is ideal and can be used easily in all cars
- The product quality can be improved
9. Zoook Car Air Purifier – Attractive
Z000k is a France company that tries to provide innovative, easy to use with good technology products. They are specialized in designing, manufacturing and marketing innovative consumer products. All their products creatively satisfy customer requirements. Their list of products includes a sound monster, music buddy, transformer, etc.
ZMT-pure sense air purifier comes with a certificate and authenticity, cup holder and in-built HEPA filters. The product claims that the noise level is less than 38db. The outer body of the air purifier is made of eco-friendly ABS. It works with one button touch control. Noise level is less also the power consumed is less. The purifier has double layer filters for better performance.
- The air purifier has one button touch control and can be used for multiple operations
- It produces less noise and consumes less power
- It includes in-built HEPA filters which can remove the dust and external pollutants
- It comes with double layer carbon filters that remove smoke, toxic gas, virus, and odor
- The purifier is ideal to use in all types of cars
- The product is helpful when traveling in dry regions
- Can be used even in long journeys
- It provides enhanced purification with 360 degrees HEPA filter
- Replacement filters are unavailable
10. QAWACHH Car Air Purifier – Two in one
Qawachh is an Indian company that provides you with a wide range of products including tempered glass, multiport USB charger, inspection camera, mini home theatre projector and much more. All the products are designed well to satisfy customer needs.
The 2-in-1 car air purifier comes with the USB cable and dual USB car charger. It helps in removing dust efficiently and killing the bacteria and viruses. Also, Qawachh air purifier provides clean air. Moreover, you can charge your smartphones or tablets quickly using Qawachh 2-in-1.
- It helps to kill the bacteria and viruses, removes smoke and dust
- The air purifier comes with dual USB ports for charging your smartphones and Tablets
- For efficient performance, the car air purifier adopts multi-needle point ionization
- Qawachh air purifier helps in providing clean air and pollutant free air
- Provides quick charging
- Provides fresh and clean air
- A user has appreciated its purifying efficiency
- No negative points about the product mentioned by any user
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When should I replace my car air purifier?
Every car air purifier comes with a life span, and it can work for some duration of time. It all depends on the brand you have chosen and the facility it provides. Few car air purifiers come with the provision of replacement of filters while few brands do not have the option. When you feel that the car air purifier is not working properly, then it is time to replace the filters. If your brand does not allow the possibility of replacing the filters then replace the air purifier.
2. Does every car air purifier purify your car?
Again it depends on the purifier you have chosen as few car air purifiers can remove allergens, dust and other pollutants leaving behind the odor. While some car air purifiers can cable of removing odor and work as freshener too. However, all the car air purifiers do the same work of removing pollutants from the air inside and providing fresh air.
3. Does air purifiers produce sound?
Yes, air purifiers produce sound, and it depends on several factors like noise tolerance, fan speed, the model of the air purifier. When a large number of pollutants reside inside or when the air inside is harmful then car air purifier tends to clean fast and speed. So, in that process sound is produced. However, sound or noise produced will be bearable.
4. How long should I run car air purifier?
You are using the car air purifier while you are traveling by car on roads. So, to keep yourself free from bad health effects of pollution it is advisable to run car air purifier as long as you are traveling in the car. However, we know the actual purpose of car air purifier is to provide pure and fresh air inside the car by eliminating pollutants, dust, bacteria and even germs.
5. Can a person with asthma use a car air purifier?
Of course, yes. A car air purifier helps to breathe better and fresh air. If you are asthmatic, then you need continuously fresh air and pure air without any virus, bacteria, dust or pollutants. Hence, car air purifier helps asthma people by providing fresh and pure air.
As we are living in a polluted country and poor quality of air is causing serious problems to health and overall well-being. To reduce the intake of pollution at least while traveling it is advisable to use car air purifiers. However, many say that car comes with air filters yet that air filters are not efficient to provide clean air. So, a car air purifier will simplify the task by providing fresh air.
If you want to buy any of the car air purifiers from the products mentioned above click on the link provided. We consider Eureka Forbes Aeroguard Fresh Car Air Purifier as the best pick, and for all types of cars, Sharp Plasmacluster is best that works even for SUVs and consumed less power. For multilayers of filtration, you can go either for Eureka Forbes or Purita air purifier.