Gilette Manual Shaving Razors
Shaving is the removal of hair from body parts by using a razor or any other kind of shaving device. Shaving cuts down the hair on the skin, and both men and women use it. Shaving razor can be used to shave abdominal hair, chest hair, pubic hair, leg hair, underarm hair, and any other body hair. Both men and women mostly use a shaving razor for removing facial hair, leg hair, underarm hair.
Clean-shaven is when a man has his beard entirely removed, in the military clean-shaven upholds professional standards and promotes uniformity. Shaving provides better and healthier skin. It helps to remove dead skin cells on your face. It eliminates the possibility of acne, and it also makes the shaved area smooth and refreshed.
Shaving began around 3000 BC; this was before the advent of razors. In this period, hair was sometimes removed using two shells to pull the hair out or using a sharp tool and water. As time goes on, razors were introduced to complement the traditional way of shaving.
The straight razor was manufactured in England. Otto and Frederick Kampfe also introduced the safety razor. Later on, King Camp Gillette introduced the double-edged safety razor, which is a disposable blade sharpened from both sides.
Shaving can be done manually, wet shaving, dry shaving to make the skin look smoother and clean. You may also use an aftershave lotion or balm after shaving to prevent infection from cuts and also reduce skin irritation.
Top 5 Gillette Shaving Razors
Types of Shaving razors
There are different types of shaving razor available; let’s view some of it.
Disposable razors are designed to be discarded after one or two shaves; it is mostly made of plastic material. It comes with a plastic handle which is permanently attached to a shaving head.
Disposable razors are convenient to use and also easy to handle. They are very affordable and are mostly sold in packs of between ten and twenty.
Disposing of the razor is easy to do, and also neatly done. They’re of great help during an emergency and also ideal for traveling and camping. Disposable razors are easy to store, and they’re lightweight.
Electric razors are practical and easy to use. They’re an upgrade to disposable razors; they make use of electricity or battery as a source of power.
They give smooth and clean shave after usage. Electric razor consumes less power during and after usage. They are an excellent choice for travelers. An electric razor can be used without shaving cream, and also bathroom sink and water are not necessary when in use.
Cartridge razors are simple to use, and they allow shaving with or against the grain of hair follicles. They’re designed with a metal or plastic handle and a flexible center that helps the razor to shave your face conveniently.
Cartridge razors come with replaceable cartridges containing up to six stainless steel blades. The entire cartridge is replaced when needed, and they’re valid for 3-4 shaves. It takes about ten minutes to have a good shave. They’re safe to use, and there’s no danger of accidental cutting while shaving.
Safety razors are the traditional style of a razor; they’re designed with a slight edge of a single razor blade which makes contact with the skin.
It also prevents the blade from cutting into the skin. They come with a permanent handle with a metal head which holds a replaceable stainless steel razor blade with two sharp edges.
Depending on the nature of use, the razor blades can be replaced once a week. They’re easy to afford, and they last longer when taken care of properly. They required a light touch for effective shaving.
Straight razors come with a sharp blade that folds into the handle. The blade is made of hardened steel. The handle of the razor is made of wood, horn, metal, bone, or plastic.
The blade and the handle are often customized and engraved to the preferences of the user. It produces a fresh shave after usage.
The straight razor will require frequent honing and stropping to keep its metal edge straight and sharp to make it last longer. The straight razor is handy for shaving the face.
Choosing the best shaving razor is very important for convenient shaving. Here’s a list of what you need to buy a shaving razor.
It’s essential to buy a shaving razor that is durable for long-lasting use and comfort. Some shaving razors do not last long, while some get damaged when in use.
To purchase a durable shaving razor, ensure you are buying from a well-known brand. Shaving razor brands such as Schick, Gillette, and Phillips are well respected among customers with the durability of their product.
Some shaving razor is designed with a low-quality handle which gets broken when in use, and also inconvenient to use.
It’s vital to purchase a shaving razor that’s comfortable to use. Shaving razors are very sharp, and if not handled properly, it could hurt the skin. It’s advisable to use a razor that’s convenient and also comfortable, which will protect you from injuries and stress when in use.
The price of the shaving razor is also very paramount. Some shaving razors such as electric and cartridge razors are a bit expensive, while some are cheap. So, it’s good to buy a shaving razor you can afford. When you want to have a smooth and refreshing shave, it’s good to buy an affordable shaving razor which is budget-friendly.
Some skins are sensitive and can be irritated and leave injury marks after usage. Some professionals say multi-blade razor can remove too much skin, and some shaving razors can cause razor burn. It’s good to know about the shaving razor before you purchase because of irritation or skin burn.
It’s essential to consider the weight of the shaving razor before purchasing it. Shaving razor designed with adequate weight will be very convenient to use. It will also make shaving effective and efficient. Shaving razor that is heavier in weight will be unpleasant to use, and will also make shaving uncomfortable.
One of the crucial parts of the shaving razor is the handle. The handle provides proper gripping and convenience while shaving. If the handle isn’t designed well, it could cause a lot of discomfort during shaving. Therefore, make sure you choose a shaving razor that comes with a convenient grip to have the best grip.
5 Best Gillette Shaving Razors
1. Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Manual Shaving Razor – Good quality product
This product comes with three high definition razor blades for comfort and smooth glide. It comes with a comfort guard that features five micro fins for a closer shave.
It’s light-weighted, and it has an ergonomic handle that gives excellent control when it’s in use. The product is treated with an advanced anti-friction coating that removes the hair with less feel of irritation.
It’s soft and shaves evenly an effortlessly. This product comes with an indicator lubrication strip that helps to ensure the razor blade keeps gliding across your skin, shave after shave.
- The blades are spring mounted to adjust to different levels of skin variations and shaving pressure.
- It comes with an ergonomically designed handle that gives a convenient grip even in wet conditions.
- It is travel-friendly and an ideal gift for any special occasion.
- It comes with a lube strip which is enriched with Aloe Vera and delivers more water-soluble lubricants to the skin over a long period.
- It can be used for more than ten shaves.
- The product is made of high-quality material.
- It delivers superb water-soluble lubricants.
- It’s easy to use as it comes with a convenient handle.
- Very affordable.
- Its replacement cartridges are much cheaper than the fusion series.
- It doesn’t irritate after use.
- The razor is too light.
- The shave isn’t too close to the skin.
2. Gillette Venus Hair Removal Razor for Women – Budget-friendly
Gillette Venus Razor for Women comes with a glide strip that helps to make shaving comfortable. It comes with an aloe vera extract and vitamin supplements to prevent irritation aftershave.
The product has a flexible pivoting head that glides smoothly along the facial curves during having. The rounded head comes with three movable blades that remove beautiful hair conveniently.
It causes no pain when in use, and no active chemical is needed before and after shave.
- It’s made from a plastic material.
- It’s designed for women.
- The rubber handle is easy to grip which makes it useful during a shower.
- It’s easy to use.
- It is very comfortable to handle.
- It softly slides on the skin without leaving any irritation.
- It’s affordable.
- It comes with sharp razors.
- It is perfect for traveling and other emergency use.
- It’s very effective.
- The blades cannot be changed.
3. Gillette Mach 3 shaving razor – Easy to use
It comes with a well-designed handle for convenient control and sturdy grip, even when it is wet. The product has three high definition blades for comfort and a closer shave. This product comes with a comfort glide formula to hydrate and to enhance razor glide for a convenient and smooth shave.
It comes with a lubrication strip that easily across your skin with comfort. It has an excellent front pivot which allows transferring the pressure of your hand away from the blades for better skin comfort.
This product comes with five soft micro fins that gently stretch the skin to create a clean surface during shaving. It comes with extra rich, creamy leather that spreads evenly and rinses easily to leave your skin feeling fresh and smooth.
- It comes with four packs of extra blades.
- It comes with a stylish design and color.
- It is built with good quality material.
- It comes with a well-structured designed handle that provides a comfortable grip even in wet conditions.
- It’s durable, user-friendly, and affordable.
- It’s a beautiful product.
- It has a soft and comfortable grip.
- It is perfect for traveling.
- No such cons were observed.
4. Gillette Flexball Fusion Pro Glide Razor – Delivers cool shave
Gillette Flexball Fusion Pro Glide Razor comes with thinner blades and an advanced low resistance coating for an effortless glide cutting through the hair effortlessly. It has a flexBall technology that delivers a close shave with fewer missed hair.
The product has a blade stabilizer that helps to maintain blade shape and optimal razor blade spacing for comfort. It comes with a pivoting head that allows the blade to move from front to back and side to side to convenient shave their face.
It also provides less irritation and more comfort when it’s in use. The product has a reformulated lubrastrip infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers that release lubricants over time, providing excellent glide.
- It’s light-weight in design.
- It comes with one precision trimmer with improved blades which makes it easy to shave the hard to reach areas like the nose and sideburns.
- It comes with long hair trimmer comb and a rinse through slots.
- It has good material and design.
- The product comes with a well-shaped blade with a good precision trimming.
- It’s easy to use and maintain.
- It has the right size and weight to give a comfortable feeling when in use.
- It provides a cool and smooth shaving which is itching free.
- The blades are sharp and durable.
- It offers outstanding precision and flexibility.
- The quality of the razor deteriorates on time after multiple shaving.
5. Gillette Vector Plus Manual Shaving Razor – Sturdy product
Gillette Vector Plus Shaving Razor comes with an automatic adjusting pivoting head for smooth shaving with each stroke eliminating irritating repeat strokes. It gives a faster shave than a double-edged blade. It has a comfort strip with lubricant and aloe that helps to achieve a comfortable shave.
The product has a twin blade system for delivering a clean shave. This product comes with a beautiful design and structure. It is lightweight and comfortable to use.
- It comes with a durable blade.
- One blade can go for two to three shaves without replacement.
- It comes with aloe vera strip on the blade to make shaving comfortable.
- It gives a smooth shave.
- The sharpness of the razor is excellent.
- It is sturdy and easy to afford.
- The handle is easy to grip.
- No such cons were observed
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a blade for multiple shaves?
Yes, it depends on the nature of the blade. A durable blade can be used for multiple shaves.
2. Can I use all shaving razors for chest and leg hairs?
No, some shaving razors come with sharp blades which are delicate for skin and chest shaving.
3. Can I interchange the blades with another Gillette shaving razor?
No, the blades for each product are a bit different. Consider replacing the blades with the exact product.
4. Are all shaving razors suitable for both male and female?
No, not all shaving razors are suitable for both male and female. Some blade was designed specifically for men, while some were designed for women. This is based on the sensitivity of the skin.
5. Is there a difference between men’s and women’s razors?
Yes, men’s razor is usually designed with greater blade angle because their hair is thicker than that of a woman.
6. How long do Gillette blades last?
A Gillette blade can last up to five weeks before replacement.
7. What is the difference between Gillette mach3 and Turbo?
Gillette mach3 shaving razor comes with standard blade quality while turbo shaving razor comes with sharper blades for comfortable shaving.
When purchasing a Gillette manual shaving razor, it is vital to know the features to get the best when shaving. Here, we have reviewed the best five razors from Gillette. Gillette Mach 3 Turbo Manual Shaving Razor and Gillette Venus Razor Blades for Women are our top two picks.