Best Emergency Lights in India
Emergency lights are handy equipment that provides sufficient lighting in case of power failures. These are battery-powered rechargeable lights equipped with LED bulbs. On a complete charge, the emergency light ensures high-intensity brightness and luminosity.
The light device automatically switches on in case of a power outage. Today, these are standard in residential and commercial buildings, including colleges, schools, hotels, and apartments. There are different types of emergency lights available in the market. Emergency escape lights provide safe exit from apartments and hotels in case of a power cut.
On the other hand, solar-powered lights are more energy-efficient types of emergency lights. They utilize solar energy to recharge itself during the day. These lights are primarily used in the lower-developed areas that still have issues of power shortage.
Choosing the ideal emergency light may be a tedious choice for first-time buyers. Thus, we have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide to help you make the right choice. The article reviews the top 6 emergency lights available on the leading e-commerce website, amazon. We have also provided an FAQ section towards the end of the article to help you gain more insight.
Top 6 Best Emergency Lights
The number of LED lights present in the emergency light will determine the intensity of brightness and luminosity. Hence, a higher number of LED lights will ensure high brightness and luminosity. On average, the emergency light should come with 30 to 60 pieces of LED. If you are looking for a low-intensity light, then you can consider an emergency light that comes with 12 LED lights.
Battery and Charging
Most emergency lights are rechargeable and battery-powered. The light you buy should feature a lead-acid battery with a high battery capacity of 3000 mAh or more. The high battery capacity will ensure continuous light for up to 8 hours.
Always go for an emergency light that offers 5+ hours of battery backup. Also, check the charging time of the light. It should not be more than 6 hours. The charging indicator will indicate if the light requires charging or not for convenient use.
The emergency light you buy should feature a lightweight and compact design. Also, an in-built handle will enable you to carry it around with ease. This increases the mobility of the light at home.
The handle also enables you to use the light as a lantern. You can hang it anywhere you wish. Moreover, there are emergency light options that can be mounted on the wall, as well.
The emergency light must include controls that allow you to use it with ease. The on/off switch will enable you to switch the light on or off as and when required. Also, check for an adjustable brightness control knob. This allows you to adjust the brightness of the light as needed.
You can check for modes as well. Emergency lights with a night lamp mode ensure sufficient lighting, allowing you to read comfortably at night. You may also get the option of choosing between high and low brightness.
Ensure that the emergency light you wish to buy comes with a standby light. It is capable of charging itself without the need for electricity. Hence, it comes in handy during power failures. The standby light automatically switches itself on in case of a power failure.
Battery Life and Safety
Overcharge and deep discharge feature will protect the battery from overcharging or discharging. This enhances battery life and prevents battery failure. It should also come with complete circuit protection to prevent surges and short circuits. These features also ensure the safe use of the light.
If you are looking for an energy-efficient and environment-friendly option, then you should consider going for a solar-powered emergency light. It will recharge itself during the day using solar energy to ensure continuous use at night. Hence, it saves power consumption and reduces costs on electricity bills.
Top 6 Emergency Lights
1. Wipro Amber Rechargeable Emergency LED Lantern
The Wipro Amber emergency light is a rechargeable LED light that comes with a battery capacity of 3000 mAH. The durable light is easily wall-mountable for convenient use. Moreover, it comes with a compact design, allowing you to carry it around with ease. The light also comes with overcharge and surge discharge protection to enhance battery life and prevent battery failure.
- The emergency light features 36 pieces of LED.
- It comes with a 3000 mAH built-in battery.
- The lantern is made of strong polycarbonate material to enhance its durability.
- Power consumption: 12 W.
- Operating time: 1.5 hours for strong light and 15 hours for weak light.
- Charging time: 8 hours.
- It is wall mountable for convenience.
- The emergency LED lantern comes with a compact design.
- It is easy to use horizontally and vertically.
- The charging indicator notifies you about the charging.
- It comes with extended battery life.
- The overcharge and deep discharge protection make it safe.
- It does not come with an on/off switch for convenience.
2. Everest Rechargeable LED Emergency Light
A long lead acid rechargeable battery powers the Everest 180-degree emergency lantern. It comes with 24 pieces of LED lights that include silver metal plates in between their spacing. This ensures enhanced brightness and high luminosity. The adjustable brightness knob allows you to adjust the brightness level when needed.
It features a compact design for mobility. On the other hand, it is equipped with overcharge and deep discharge protection to prevent battery failure. This emergency lantern also comes with a standby light that can charge itself. It is handy during power failures, where it lights up automatically.
- The emergency lantern comes with 24 pieces of LED.
- It comes with silver metal plates between the LED light spacing.
- The charging indicator indicates if the light requires charging.
- It comes with a long lead-acid rechargeable battery.
- It features an on/off switch, allowing you to switch the light on or off as required.
- The adjustable brightness knob allows you to adjust the brightness level.
- Power consumption: 0.5 W x 24 LED lights and 0.5 W x 1 torch.
- It ensures increased brightness and high luminosity.
- They overcharge and deep discharge protection enhances battery life and protects it from battery failure.
- The compact size allows mobility at home.
- It includes a standby light that automatically lights up in case of power failure
- The battery life is poor.
3. Philips Ojas Rechargeable LED Lantern –
Lanterns are an emergency must-have. Philips has always brought out the most trustable electronics. Along with its wide and popular range of lights, it has great lanterns too. The Philips Ojas rechargeable LED lantern is a dependable emergency backup light.
- 30 LED lights in this lantern ensure non-flickering brightness.
- It has a backup time of 4 long hours that can be a saviour in emergency times.
- It only takes 8 hours to be fully charged.
- The Ojas Lantern has an auto-on feature for sudden blackouts.
- It has a very long battery life which comes in handy if there is a power cut for long hours.
- It is very lightweight, and this makes it portable for travelling as well.
- It has a lithium-ion battery, which helps in increasing the life of the lantern.
- It does not have a battery percentage indicator.
4. ZIUM High Lumen LED Emergency Light
The ZIUM high lumen emergency light features 12 LED for high luminosity. This is a battery-operated light with a battery capacity of 4000 mAH. It is capable of ensuring a battery backup of 5+ hours.
The oval-shaped plastic light comes with a brightness controller, allowing you to adjust its brightness as and when required. It also comes with a night lamp mode for comfortable reading at night. Moreover, the stylish and durable product is affordable, making it a suitable purchase.
- The oval-shaped emergency light is made using plastic.
- It includes 12 pieces of LED.
- It features a 4000-mAH battery with an auto-cut charging system.
- The brightness controller allows you to adjust the level of brightness.
- Power Wattage: 12 Watts.
- It comes with 5+ hours of battery backup.
- It comes with decent battery backup.
- The product is stylish and durable.
- It is easy to use.
- The night lamp mode allows you to read comfortably in the dark.
- No negative points were seen so far.
5. IDOLESHOP 4 Tube 360 Degree Emergency Light
The Idoleshop emergency light is rechargeable and solar-powered light. It includes four ultra-bright tube-lights that ensure high brightness and luminosity. The versatile light provides 360-degree brightness. Also, it comes with an on/off switch, charging indicator, and a handle, making it easy to use.
- The emergency light includes four ultra-bright tube-lights.
- Power Wattage: 80 watts.
- It comes with a handle, making it easy to hang or carry around.
- It comes with a 0.5-meter wire.
- The charging indicator indicates if the light requires charging.
- It ensures 360-degree brightness.
- It is versatile and environment-friendly.
- The emergency light is both rechargeable and solar-powered.
- It is easy to use.
- The size of the emergency light is small.
6. Jevascot 24 LED Emergency Light
The Jevascot 24 Energy light comes with 60 pieces of LED for high luminosity. It is powered by a sealed lead-acid battery with a capacity of 2000 mAH. The complete six-hour charging will ensure continuous light for up to 8 hours. Also, the product is safe and durable.
It comes with a lightweight and wall-mounted design for convenience. The emergency light features two modes that enable you to choose between high or low brightness. Hence, it is an ideal choice that provides 180-degree lighting.
- Dimensions: 60 mm x 24 mm x 50 mm.
- The light weighs 400 grams.
- It comes with 60 pieces of LED.
- The two modes allow you to choose between high or low brightness.
- Battery capacity: 2000 mAH.
- The cord length is 1 m.
- Power requirements: 220-240 V, 50/60 Hz.
- It requires a charging time of 6 hours.
- It comes with a 6-month warranty.
- It provides continuous light for up to 8 hours.
- The light can be mounted on the wall.
- It comes with Android charging support.
- It is highly durable and safe to use.
- No negative points were seen so far.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different types of emergency lighting?
The two primary types of emergency lighting are emergency escape lighting and standby lighting. Emergency escape lighting ensures a safe exit in case of normal power failure. On the other hand, standby light automatically lights itself during a power failure. It is capable of charging its light.
2. How does an emergency light work?
Emergency light comes in handy in case of a power failure. It is powered by rechargeable batteries that come with high battery backup. The batteries are located inside the emergency light or in the central battery locations.
You will need to charge the batteries by connecting them to a power source. On completion of charge, the LED lights present in the emergency light will ensure continuous illumination for up to 6 hours or more. You can also purchase a solar-powered emergency light that utilizes solar energy to charge itself.
3. How do you test an emergency light?
Emergency lights come with a small push to test button on their casing. You have to push and hold this button for 30 seconds to test the battery and bulbs of the light.
4. What is the purpose of an emergency light?
The purpose of emergency light is to ensure adequate lighting automatically and continuously in the event of a power failure. It enables people to evacuate from the building safely during emergencies.
5. How to emergency lights turn on?
It is essential to keep your emergency light charged at all times. Larger emergency lights are connected to the building’s electric circuit to ensure continuous charge. In the event of a power outage, the circuit in the fixture switches on the lights automatically, allowing one can to see in the dark.
However, personal emergency lights come with an on/off switch, allowing you to switch on the light when required. These lights also feature an adjustable brightness knob that enables you to adjust the level of brightness according to your needs.
Emergency lights are required in every home for safety and convenience in case of a power outage or other emergencies. Hence, it is essential to buy the ideal emergency light that ensures adequate lighting. However, choosing a suitable lighting device for your home is not easy.
Here we have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide that explains the critical points, which need to be considered before purchase. We have also provided detailed reviews of the top five emergency lights available on amazon. Hence, you can go through the article to make an informed purchase.
You can consider going for the Wipro Amber Rechargeable Emergency LED Lantern as it is our number one recommendation. The Everest Rechargeable 180 Degree LED Emergency Light is also a suitable option because of its high brightness and luminosity.
We now come to the end of this article. We hope this article helps!