Can we apply moisturizer after bleach?
Bleaching your face is a process that is mainly done to make your facial hair lighter. This method will remove all your facial her without undergoing the painful threading process. The hydrogen peroxide does all the job and makes your face appear brighter than before. It is a rough process for your skin and needs something soothing after the procedure is done.
Why people do it?
Facial hair is a reason for concern among your women. They are constantly trying to get rid of them permanently. There are many painful ways to remove these facial hair such as waxing, threading, epilating, tweezing, etc. One of the main reasons why people prefer bleaching is because it is not as painful as waxing nor you need someone else to do it for you. You can simply perform this hassle-free facial hair removal treatment at your home.
Do’s and don’t while bleaching
There are certain aspects that you should keep in mind while going through this process. Everyone got different types of skins, this is why you must follow this do’s and don’t while getting your face bleached.
- Clean your face with warm water thoroughly and get rid of any dirt or oil.
- Keep your hair tied, because you do not want them to fall off on your face while going through the process.
- Perform a patch test if you have sensitive skin because your skin might react to it.
- Bleaching is a harsh process for skin and you must apply a pre-bleach cream before starting this process.
- Perform this process in the night time so you can apply any soothing agent such as a serum, moisturizer to your skin that will work on your skin the whole night. It will reduce the harshness of your skin.
- Always mix the bleaching ingredients in a glass bowl and avoid metal bowl. The metal will react to the chemical compounds of the bleach and as a result, it may harm your skin.
- Do not go out in the sun after bleaching. Your skin becomes more delicate and the UV rays will affect your skin more than usual.
- If you have acne on your face then it is recommended to avoid that area or wait till the acne is gone.
- Do not bleach your face for more than once in a month. It is a harsh process and the skin needs time to recover from the chemicals.
- Do not wash your face for at least 8 hours after the process and avoid sunlight for the next 12 hours.
Why it is important to soothe the skin?
This facial hair removal process makes your skin delicate and takes time to recover. Meanwhile, it needs proper care to come back to its natural form. Applying soothing agents, avoiding direct sunlight, using a mild face wash is recommended.
Moisturizer as a soothing agent plays an important role after you have gone through this process. It helps to restore the balance of your skin and makes it less irritating. Applying an appropriate soothing agent will cleanse all the damage done to your skin and prevents damaging the skin further. They will help remove the burning of your skin and treat redness as well.
Can you apply moisturizer or not?
Bleaching on the face is done for many reasons, starting with removing the tan from your face to making your skin tone brighter by removing the facial hair. This will provide you with instant fairness but comes with its after-effects. After bleaching your face will become reddish and dry as well. It needs a soothing agent such as a moisturizer.
First of all, you can choose your moisturizer depending on your skin type so that it works better for you. After that, the alpha-hydroxy acids that are present in the moisturizer helps absorb the moisture from the air and hold it in the skin so it doesn’t remain dry as before.
The minerals and oils of the moisturizer will make sure that they go through between the skin cells to provide you with smooth skin so the soreness may go away. If you go for a higher range of moisturizers then the ingredients of the moisturizer will also contain vitamins that will work as the food for your skin at that point.
It takes less than a minute to apply some moisturizer on your face and after bleaching, you need some soothing agent and this is something that can be found in every home which means you don’t have to buy any other product separately as well.
In short, you can apply moisturizer on your face after bleaching. It has many benefits including removing sore skin, makes the redness go away and feels softer and smoother than before. Also, there are many other ways to get soothing skin after bleaching such as Aloe vera massage, using raw milk and ice to put on your face, applying coconut water, or rubbing potato skin gently.
Make sure to use a very mild moisturizer because the facial skin is one of the most sensitive and delicate areas, and bleaching is a rough process for the skin so it needs special care. Go through our article thoroughly to know about this in detail.