Best Bike Covers
Almost every person who owns a bike spends a lot of money on the bike and the accessories like the best helmet and tire inflator and any product that adds on to the whole look. He/she also takes care of the bike inside and out. Thus, to make sure that the vehicle remains in the best condition, one must buy a bike cover or scooter cover to protect the bike from any damage.
Now picking the appropriate cover comes off as a straightforward task, but it isn’t as easy as it seems. If you buy something which is either too small or too flimsy, it might not provide any protection whatsoever also you need t0 to get waterproof bike cover for the monsoon season.
Now if you’re a first-time buyer, you might be worried that you’re going to face trouble picking up something that fits all the criteria and might have several questions regarding the subject. Having questions before purchasing an unknown product is completely natural. Even if you’re, not a first-time buyer, you can have questions. Having more questions makes you a curious buyer, and you will end up making a better and informed decision.
Fortunately, we’ve come up with a detailed guide that will help you guys pick out exactly what you want and answer all of your questions. Your task is simple. All you’ve got to do is carefully follow the buyer’s guide, FAQ’s and Best bike covers provided by us, and you’re ready to go. Also, make sure to see that what you’ve purchased is an appropriate fit for the money you’re paying for it.
Top 6 Best Bike Covers
Types of Bike Covers
Indoor or Outdoor
Depending on where you park your bike can you pick a cover that matches the surrounding.
If you park the bike inside a garage, then a motorcycle dust cover will do the job.
If you do not have the luxury of owning a garage, then a heavy waterproof one is advised to protect your bike from the UV rays of the sun and all kinds of climatic conditions.
The bike covers which are made of lightweight, waterproof polyester material are the high-quality ones which are expensive as compared to the others.
These are the things which will provide maximum protection to your bike during times of rain or snow. This requires a greater investment but is worth it.
A full bike cover
This one ensures the complete and proper protection of your bike while you park it indoor or outdoor..
Vehicle bike cover
This will protect your two-wheeler when it is transported from one place to another.
A waterproof seat cover
This one will shield your bike saddle from all the various elements and forces of nature and thus keep it dry and protected.
Bike Cover Buyer’s Guide
The bike cover you buy should be compatible with your bike model so that it ensures an optimized and secure fit. You can also go for a universal cover as they are suitable for almost all bikes.
The cover should also come with mirror pockets so that it covers the mirrors of your bike and prevent them from scratches. Moreover, the mirror pockets help in ensuring a secure and excellent fit for your bike.
The cover should be made using abrasion resistant and waterproof material so that it offers complete protection against rain, dust, and splatter. The waterproof material will keep your bike dry and safe, preventing rainwater from seeping into the interior parts of the engine.
The material plays a pretty vital role here. The inner and outer layers of the material should be examined well to make sure that it protects the bike completely from all scratches, dust, dirt, debris, etc. If it cannot do that, the whole purpose of purchasing a cover is dead.
Any product that you buy should be worth the money you are paying for it. If that is not the case, then it is considered to be a total waste of money, time, and energy. The product must have all the features that you deem suitable if you want your money’s worth.
The item should be completely durable. Durability is a vital feature, and if the product is not durable enough, then the product will get spoilt quickly, and your money will be wasted. Thus while purchasing a product, its durability should be checked well.
6 Best Bike Cover
1. YardStash Polyester XL Size for Bike Cover
This is supposed to be one of the best products in the market.
This one follows the motto ‘The bigger, the better.’
It is a high-quality product by YardStash that gives you the assurance that your bike will be protected under any circumstance. It is slightly heavy on the pocket, but the protection it offers is also equally heavy.
- It comes with complete coverage.
- It can provide weatherproof protection for two bikes and large sized bikes, for, e.g., beach cruisers.
- This product is extra large.
- Dimensions of the product are 82? long x 30? wide x 44? tall.
- It gives complete, ground up pedal as well as wheel coverage.
- It has a wide tapered design.
- The cover is made from high quality, UV protected 210d, and 600d polyester.
- The seams are taped for complete protection from mother nature, and the reflective strips are also added for security purposes.
- The front and back hems are elasticized and so is the middle clasp buckle, so the cover stays on during high winds.
- It also has front air vents.
- This comes with a free carrying bag.
- It protects from rain, snow, dirt, and dust.
- It is effortless to put it on and off.
- The material is stronger than all of its other competitors.
- It promises durability.
- This also stays on well during high winds.
- Front air vent eliminates condensation and corrosion.
- It is portable.
- It has a 2-year guarantee.
- This product is costly.
- It is slightly heavy to carry around.
2. Mototrance MT800338 Universal Bike Body Cover
This body cover is sold by Mototrance and performs two functions at once.
It protects your bike from dust, debris, and dirt as well as protects the two-wheeler automobile.
It also makes sure that it does not burn any holes in your pocket, which is another factor which makes the customers very happy.
- It weighs 281 grams.
- The dimensions of this product are 29 x 23 x 2.4 cm.
- This product is manufactured by Mototrance themselves.
- The fabric is very thin.
- It sells well in the market.
- It protects the internal engine parts.
- This item protects the bike against scratches and sun damages also.
- It protects the bike from all the debris flying around on the road as well.
- The weight of this cover is barely anything.
- This product is pretty cheap.
- The internal parts of the engine are protected from rust and wear.
- This bike cover isn’t waterproof.
- There is no mention of the warranty by the seller.
3. Drize Hero Splendor Plus Bike Cover
Drize Bike Cover is compatible with Splendor Plus bikes. They come with a belt that prevents the cover from flying away during storms. It is made from polyester waterproof material that ensures protection against dust, rain, sun rays while the pockets prevent scratches on the mirrors. This cover is also available in different colors for you to choose from.
- Made of 100% polyester water resistant material.
- Suitable for Splendor Plus.
- Comes with a belt for a secure fit and special mirror pockets.
- The special pockets protect the mirrors from scratches.
- Protects from fading color due to sun rays.
- Great deal at a reasonable price.
- Users have stated that the quality is not good.
4. Autosun Bike Body Cover
his body cover is sold by AutoSun, and it comes with the promise that it will protect your bike against damage and will make it look like a brand new bike. This makes the exterior of your bike look pleasant due to its trendy color combinations. This one goes easy on the pocket as well and thus is a makes for a good purchase.
- This weighs 458 grams.
- It has a high-quality fabric.
- It has a Tie-strap mechanism.
- It also has a belt buckle.
- It is manufactured by AutoSun itself.
- The dimensions of this product are 19 x 12 x 2.8 cm.
- This also comes in various sizes.
- It is water as well as heat resistant.
- The Tie-strap mechanism helps in holding the cover in place during windy or rainy conditions.
- It promises durability.
- It makes sure that there is no damage done to your bike.
- It is pretty light regarding weight.
- It is not very expensive.
- This product requires no assembly.
- It is not Stain resistant.
- It is also not foldable.
- There is no mention of the warranty based on the product by the seller.
5. Mototrance Sporty Arc Bike Body Cover
This one is yet another product by Mototrance who are associated with the protection of bikes in the market. It is a very well known brand. This comes in a dark blue color with a red stripe and is a good combination and is portable. It is a good product and will prove to be an asset to your bike, not a liability.
- This company is very well known in the market for the protection of two-wheelers.
- Protect the internal engine parts from rust and wearing
- This product comes with both left as well right mirror pockets to cover them both.
- The material used is made of high-end fabric.
- The product weighs 299 grams.
- The dimensions of the product are 28.8 x 26.8 x 4.2 cm.
- This can be used for covering vehicles indoor as well as outdoor.
- This protects the vehicle against damage from the sun, unwanted scrapes, dirt, etc.
- It is very light regarding weight.
- The product is pretty cheap, as well.
- No assembly is required.
- The product can be foldable.
- The warranty of the product is not mentioned by the seller.
- The durability of the product cannot be promised.
6. Generic Bike Body Cover
This product by Generic is not generic at all. In fact, it has a black and classy look to it. It is not only appealing to the eye, but even the low prices and good durability have proven to be a major factor in attracting the customers. It is a good product, and if you purchase this one, it will do total justice to the money you spend on it.
- This is compatible with the Yamaha FZ.
- The dimensions of the product are 27.8 x 24 x 4.8 cm.
- This product weighs 322 grams.
- The outer material is Polyester.
- It protects the bike from all dirt and scrap.
- The longevity of the product can be vouched for.
- This item is lightweight.
- This product requires NO assembly.
- This product is priced reasonably.
- It has a classy look to it.
- The quality is moderate.
- This product is not Stain resistant.
- There is no mention of the warranty by the seller.
- This is not foldable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best material for a bike cover?
The best material for a bike cover would be a 100% polyester waterproof and abrasion-resistant material. This ensures durability against wear and tear while also ensuring complete protection against rain, dust, and scratches.
2. Why do I need to cover my bike?
It is important to cover your bike so that it remains well protected against scratches, dust, and rain during the different climatic conditions.
3. Can you leave the motorcycle outside in rain?
Yes, you can leave your bike out in the rain. However, it is not recommended as the metal of your bike might rust and the rainwater might seep into the interior of the engine. You can leave your bike out in the rain provided it is covered with a bike cover so that it is well protected.
4. What features a bike cover should have?
The bike cover should have the following features:
- Waterproof and dustproof protection.
- Durability against wear and tear.
- Optimized and secure fit for complete protection.
- Special mirror pockets to keep the mirrors safe against scratches.
The above is our detailed guide based on the kind of covers available out there in the market. These come in different prices, sizes, shapes, colors, etc. It is our job to pick out the best ones from all categories, and it is your job to go through all the features, pros, cons, etc. well, and then decide which product suits your needs the best. Based on that, you will be able to make a smart, satisfactory, and informed decision.
We sincerely hope that our little piece of information has proven to be helpful to you and can then thus pick whatever product you like with the right advice. However, if we had to suggest, then it would have been YardStash Bicycle Cover XXLor the Drize Bike Body Cover.