7 Best Wine Chillers In India
A wine collector always requires a cool place to store his or her most priced collection of expensive wine. Storing them in a refrigerator would not be ideal as it would make the wine too cold which is not preferred. On the other hand, storing them at room temperature would not give you the chilled wine you desire. Thus, a wine chiller is the ideal appliance to have in your home if you love to collect wine.
Wine chillers or coolers are like mini refrigerators that make the perfect storage space for your wine bottles. Moreover, they also manage to store your wine at an optimum temperature required to keep them cool. There are different types of wine chillers available today based on their design, which we shall discuss in the following section of this article. We will also discuss what are the things to consider before buying any wine chillers.
We also explain the technology used for the working of wine chillers to help you get a better idea. This is followed by the reviews of the top 7 wine coolers available with the links to purchase them from the leading e-commerce website Amazon. Still, have questions related to this topic? Well, we hope you find the answers to your queries in the FAQ section of this article.
Top 7 Wine Chillers In India
Free Standing Wine Chiller
Best Designed Wine Chiller
Efficient Wine Chiller
The Compact Wine Chiller
The Versatile Chiller
Best Compressor Type
Working of Wine Chiller
A wine chiller is the best storage option when it comes to storing wine and keeping them chilled while they mature to taste even better.
Wine chillers can also be divided into types based on the technology they use to operate, namely thermo-electric and compressor type wine chillers. Let us now elaborate on the working of wine chillers based on these two types of technologies.
Compressor Type Wine Chillers
The working of this type is similar to that of a refrigerator as they use a cooling process referred to as the ‘vapor compression cycle.’
This cycle involves the compression of the air with the help of a compressor in the refrigerant chambers. The refrigerant molecules of the chamber are compressed which overall increases its temperature.
The particles are released suddenly causing a drop in the temperature of the air. The interior of the wine chiller consists of a fan that distributes the cold air throughout the compartment to keep your wine cool.
On the other hand, the hot air is released from the back of the cooler, and for this reason, it is essential to leave some space behind the cooler for the proper ventilation. This cycle is continued as the temperature of the air inside the cooler is found to rise even a bit.
Thermo-Electric Wine Chillers
These wine chillers come with an electrolyzed metal rod to create a difference in the temperature. The hot end is directed toward the exterior while the cool end of the rod is directed to the interior.
The heated end removes the hot air from the cooler using electric current while a fan present in the interior distributes the cold air throughout the compartment.
Like the compressor type wine cooler this type also requires ventilation in the back for a smooth cooling process. However, it should also have ventilation on all the sides for the removal of the hot air.
These types of coolers should be used in mild weather conditions as they do not come with a compressor; hence the entire system will get heated up compromising on the cooling process.
Types of Wine Chillers
Counter-Top Wine Chillers
These wine chillers have a compact design and are an ideal choice if you lack space in your home or kitchen. Counter-top wine chillers like the name suggests are usually placed on a countertop so that you save the floor space. It can accommodate wine bottles anywhere between 4-24 bottles depending on the size.
This model is suitable for those who like to drink their wine instead of collecting them. Hence, they provide an ample amount of chilled red or white wine for you and your family.
Single Zone Wine Chiller
This wine chiller comes with a single compartment for storing all your wine bottles. The temperature distributed throughout the compartment is uniform, and hence all the wine bottles are chilled at the same temperature. Moreover, it comes with removable racks made of stainless steel or any other metal and is designed to hold each bottle separately so that they don’t overlap.
However, since most wines require to be stored at different temperatures, you cannot store different varieties of wine in this wine chiller because of its single temperature feature.
These wine chillers are less expensive than dual zone wine chillers, but you will need to invest in a few more wine chillers in case you like to collect more than one kind of wine.
Dual Zone Wine Chiller
This type of wine chiller comes with two storage compartments that are divided with the help of a partition. You can store your wine at different temperatures in the two compartments at the same time. Hence, these coolers are ideal in storing both red and white wines in the two separate compartments.
However, these coolers are more expensive than single zone chillers but fall cheaper if you are a collector of different varieties of wine. Moreover, temperatures in this type of wine chiller are already set, so you do not have to worry about adjusting them.
Free-Standing Wine Chiller
These are the most common types of wine chillers that are available abundantly in the markets in various designs. Free-Standing Wine chillers are popular among wine lovers and collectors as they come in multiple sizes. You can easily go for a size that offers enough storage space for your wine bottles.
Moreover, this type of wine chiller can be placed anywhere in your home depending on its size. It can be placed on the floor or even on the countertop of your home living room, office or even in the kitchen.
There are different types of wine chillers available in the market for you to choose from. However, it is essential to check the space requirement before you make a purchase.
In case you love drinking wine instead of collecting them and are short on space, the ideal type of wine chiller for you would be a counter-top wine chiller because of its compact size. You can also go for a free-standing wine chiller that comes with a suitable size and storage capacity.
On the other hand, a single-zone wine chiller would be a good and reasonable purchase for those who like collecting only a single type of wine. While for those who collect more than one type of wine, the dual-zone wine chiller is a feasible option.
Go for a compact design since it takes up a limited amount of space at your home.
The model should come with a transparent glass door with a soft interior light so that you can keep a check on your inventory and also read the labels of the wine bottles easily.
The doors should also have tight magnetic seals so that the temperature is maintained for the maturity of the wine.
The racks should be made of stainless steel or durable material and should slide out easily so that you can remove the wine bottle with ease when required.
It should also have grooves on the doors or handles so that you can open the door conveniently.
Adjustable Temperature Control
If you choose a single-zone wine chiller to ensure that it comes with an adjustable temperature that ranges between 50 º – 64 º F.
This is an essential factor as it helps you control the temperature and set it to what is required for the proper cooling of the wine collection.
Choosing a wine chiller based on its storage capacity is important. It should be able to store as many as 12-18 wine bottles so that you have ample amount of chilled wine to serve your friends and family as and when required.
On the other hand, for a wine lover who prefers drinking the wine and not collecting you can also go for a compact wine chiller which can store up to 4-8 bottles.
Control Panel Type
The Control Panel should come with a touch screen digital display so that you can easily adjust the temperature of the wine chiller as per your requirement.
It should also display the temperature in LED to ensure smooth control and should have the setting to choose the temperature based on Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Ensure that the wine chiller comes with an ultra smooth operation. This prevents it from creating noise during the chilling process so that it does not disturb you and the members of your home.
1. Ivation Thermoelectric Wine Chiller – Our Choice
This is a free-standing or countertop wine cooler from Ivation that works using the thermo-electric technology. It is capable of storing 12 bottles of wine and keeping them chilled by adjusting the temperature to your preference.
The black model comes with a digital temperature display and a smoked glass door with a tight seal that blocks the UV light and moisture from entering.
This is an ideal option to go for since it also comes with quiet operation and a soft interior lighting that enables you to keep a check on your inventory.
- This is a thermo-electric countertop wine cooler.
- Dimensions: 25 X 19.7 X 10 inches.
- Storage capacity: 12 bottles.
- Temperature can be adjusted between 50 º – 64 º F.
- The solid CFC free polyurethane foam ensures superior insulation.
- Comes with a dual pane smoked glass door with a tight seal to maintain the temperature.
- Has a digital temperature display.
- Color: black.
- The glass door with the tight seal blocks UV light and locks out moisture to maintain the temperature.
- You can easily control the temperature with the touch of a button.
- Ensures a quiet operation without any noise.
- You can read the labels of the wine bottles easily because of the soft interior lighting.
- A user mentioned that the cooler should be a bit more spacious.
2. HOmelabs Wine Cooler – Free Standing Wine Chiller
This wine cooler from Homelabs is a great buy if you are looking for a single free-standing zone wine cooler that has a large storage capacity of 18 bottles.
It comes with an easy to understand control panel where you can adjust the temperature between 50 º – 64 º F. The temperature is displayed digitally while the door is made of glass which enhances the overall stylish look of the model.
Moreover, you can easily pull out the wine of your choice by sliding out the sturdy racks. Thus, if the price is not a restraint this wine cooler would be a suitable choice.
- This is a single free-standing zone red and white wine cooler.
- Capable of storing 18 bottles of wine.
- Dimensions: 25.5 X 14 X 20 inches.
- Adjustable temperature between 50 º – 64 º F.
- Comes with a digital LCD temperature display.
- Has a glass door.
- The racks are sturdy and slide out easily helping you to take out the wine bottle conveniently.
- The control panel is easy to use and understand.
- Comes with quiet operation.
- Interior light option enables you to read labels of the wine bottles easily.
- It is quite expensive.
3. Costway Thermoelectric Wine Cooler – Best Designed Wine Chiller
This free-standing thermo-electric wine cooler from Costway is capable of storing 12 bottles of wine. It has a compact design that saves space at home while providing an ample amount of chilled wine for your family.
The model comes with a touch control panel that allows you to adjust the temperature accordingly. Moreover, it is designed in a way that offers convenience to its users.
Thus, this is a great option to consider as it also has a magnetic seal that retains the required temperature.
- This is a free-standing wine cooler that operates using thermo-electric technology.
- Can store up to 12 bottles of wine which is enough to provide for your family.
- Has a touch control panel including temperature control buttons, temperature display and LED light switch.
- Comes with a transparent glass door, a convenient handle groove, and removable steel shelves.
- Temperature can be adjusted between 54 º – 66 º F.
- The glass door comes with a magnetic seal to maintain the required temperature.
- It comes with soft interior lighting which helps you check your inventory while also reading the labels of the bottles easily.
- It has a compact design that saves space at your home.
- Ensures quiet noise free operation.
- As per a user, the model has a poor build quality.
4. DELLA Wine Cooler – Efficient Wine Chiller
This wine chiller from Della works using a thermo-electric technology and has a capacity of storing 16 wine bottles even while having a compact design.
It works efficiently and retains the temperature needed to cool the wine bottles. Moreover, the stainless steel racks are easily removable to help you clean the cooler and also take out the wine bottle efficiently when required.
- This is a thermoelectric wine cooler.
- Comes with a storage capacity of 16 bottles.
- It comes with adjustable temperature.
- Comes with a glass door.
- Has stainless steel racks which are removable.
- Control panel displays the temperature which can be set at Celsius or Fahrenheit.
- Has a compact design that saves space.
- Comes with a large storage capacity.
- It is efficient and has a quiet operation that prevents creating noise.
- As per a user, the wine was not chilled properly.
5. Nutrichef Thermoelectric Wine Cooler – The Compact Wine Chiller
This wine cooler model from Nutrichef is a suitable choice for offices, homes or kitchens because of its compact size.
The free-standing design allows you to place it on the floor, table or a counter as per your preference. It can store eight bottles of wine and cool it in the required temperature by adjusting the temperature using the touch control panel. The cooler also ensures quiet operation so that it does not cause a disturbing noise.
- This is a free-standing wine cooler for placing on the floor, table or counter that uses thermoelectric cooling technology.
- Dimensions: 19.7 × 9.9 × 17.7 inches.
- Capable of storing eight bottles of wine.
- Allows you to control the temperature using the digital touch button display.
- Comes with glass door having a tight seal.
- Includes polished chrome racks that hold the wine bottles.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Comes with an ultra-quiet operation that cools the wine without making a noise.
- Comes with built-in ventilation grill and circulation fan.
- Has a compact and modern design that makes it ideal for homes, offices, and kitchens.
- The tight seal maintains the needed temperature.
- Can only store eight bottles of wine.
6. Super Touchscreen Wine Cooler – The Versatile Chiller
This is a great deal to go for as you can store and chill both your wine and champagne collection at the required temperature.
It has a large storage capacity of 18 bottles and comes with a touch control panel that ensures easy controls. The transparent glass door allows you to check your inventory at any point in time.
It also comes with a tight seal that retains the temperature so that the wine and champagne bottles remain cool.
- This is a free-standing wine cooler.
- Works using thermo-electric technology.
- Comes with a touch control panel.
- It has a glass door with a tight seal.
- Storage capacity: 18 bottles.
- Comes with removable racks.
- Suitable for cooling both wine and champagne.
- The temperature can be controlled easily using the touch control panel.
- The tight seal maintains the required temperature.
- No such cons were mentioned by users.
7. Carysil Wine Chiller – Best Compressor Type
This is a good option if you are in search of a compressor type wine cooler. This model is controlled mechanically and is capable of storing up to 15 bottles of red wine.
It has a compact design that enables you to place it easily on the counter to save space at your home. Thus, this is an ideal choice for wine storage and cooling appliance.
- Dimension: 445 x 473 x 498 mm.
- Uses compressor technology for cooling.
- Capable of storing 15 bottles of red wine, i.e., 46 L.
- It is controlled mechanically.
- Comes with metal racks.
- Its compact design saves a lot of space.
- Suitable for multi-purpose use.
- It does not come with interior lights to help you read the labels of your wine collection.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what temperature should a wine chiller be set?
A wine chiller should be set at a temperature suitable for the maturity of your wine collection. Most wine chillers come with adjustable temperature between 50 º – 64 º F.
You can set the temperature based on the requirement. Red wine should be set at a temperature of around 55 º F – 64 º F while white wine should have a temperature set between 45 º – 50 º F.
2. Can a wine chiller be used for other beverages?
Wine requires to be stored at a temperature higher than other beverages. So, you can store other drinks like juice, beer or champagne if you do not need it to be chilled.
Champagne requires a temperature of 45-48 degrees and hence can be stored with white wine.
3. How to maintain a wine cooler?
It is important to keep proper space behind and around your wine cooler for it to be able to ventilate properly to prevent overheating. Keep it at a place that is neither too hot nor too cold.
Moreover, it should be cleaned occasionally by removing the bottles and storing them in a cool, dry and dark place while you disconnect the power to wipe the interior of the cooler with a clean cloth.
You also need to keep in mind that you do not overload the cooler with too many bottles to prevent any unwanted issues or having your wine go bad.
Wine chillers are an investment which a wine enthusiast has to make to preserve his or her wine collection in the optimum temperature. Choosing the ideal wine chiller might be a cumbersome task. This article hopes to help you purchase the right wine chiller for this we have provided a comprehensive buyer’s guide for you to follow before coming to a decision.
You can also consider options from the top 8 list of wine chillers available on Amazon. We have reviewed each of the product and provided the links to purchase them from. The Ivation 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Red and White Wine Cooler/Chiller is our number one recommendation. You can also go for the homelabs 18 Bottle Wine Cooler if you wish for a wine chiller with a larger storage capacity.
You can also take the other products into consideration as they come with their own set of great features. We hope this article helps.