Best Waterproof Mattress Protectors and Pads
Sleep is one of the best things that a person has after returning back home from a very tiring day. You may find yourselves very difficult to adjust into a bed which does not have a mattress. But the problem is, they are costly and cannot be replaced every time if they get ruined. So, in order to protect your mattress from all the dust and allergies, a new introduction to the market is mattress protector and pads.
This product is very useful for people who are at the risk of ruining their mattresses. If you have small babies at your home, during sleep, they may often wet the bed. It takes a very long time to have it dried and also stinks a lot. If you have pets at home, they may also ruin your bed mattress.
All these problems are covered under waterproof mattress protectors and pads. Most of the mattress that we buy, comes along with a warranty period. Covering your mattresses using the waterproof covers and pads increases the longevity and proves to be an easy and affordable way of protecting your mattress.
The main reason for you to use the mattress protector is to safeguard it so that it can be used till the warranty period because if it gets stained or ruined, your warranty card gets void regardless of who you buy from.
In this article we will be reviewing benefits of mattress protectors, about mattress pads, different fabrics used, buyers guide, answers to some frequently asked questions and top waterproof mattress protectors and pads.
Top 10 Waterproof Mattress Protectors and Pads
How does a protector benefit you?
There are numerous ways in which your mattress protector can benefit you. It does not make a hole in your wallet if you are planning to buy one. Some of the benefits that it provides are:
- Waterproofing: It creates a big problem for you if your mattress gets wet because it takes too much time to get it dried. Apart from that, the stain that it makes on the bedding makes it look dirty too. You may think that every time you would be cautious enough to save your bed from getting dirty, but mistakes do happen. So, it is better to take preventions before causing some serious dents to your wallet.
- Preventing Allergens: Protector acts as a barrier between the dirt and allergens(molds, dead skin cells etc.) from collecting in your mattress and making it dirty. This will increase the durability of the mattress and makes it a healthier place for you to sleep.
- Protect Against Bed Bugs: Some bugs cause diseases and infections. Most of them are the bed-bugs which feed on human blood. You do not want them to bite you while you sleep.
- Temperature Control: Protectors are made up of specialized fabrics and materials which helps breathability and regulates temperature while you sleep. This makes your sleeping comfort and you do not get disturbed while you are sleeping.
- Affordable & Durable: Most of the protector that you wish to buy from the market are affordable. So why not help you protect your costly mattresses with these affordable protectors. They are also durable and can last long without causing a much dent to your wallet.
About Mattress Pads
Mattress pads are different from the protector. The basic purpose of buying a mattress pad is to provide additional comfort to your mattress top. The pad usually provides a link between the bedding and the mattress to make your sleep comfortable. Mattress pads are hypoallergic and have waterproof qualities that provide extra-cushioning to your mattress. Some of the other reasons in which you will need mattress pads are:
- To take care of medical attention, you are sometimes advised to use these products.
- Your present mattress is firm, and it is not at all comfortable to sleep using those.
- You present mattress is old and needs to get replaced with a new one.
- You want to provide waterproof protection to your mattress but do not want to use protectors.
- The present ones are too noisy and disturb too much while sleeping.
Different fabrics/materials used.
Cotton with latex and wool – best for temperature control & protection
The simple, lightweight cotton mattress protected are quilted and easily washable. When the materials such as Latex/wool is added into it, the quality of the protector is significantly increases and enhanced. They are firmer and durable but are not easily washable. Since wool is one of the materials used, it regulates the temperature and makes it comfortable for use. They are water resistant as well.
Memory foam – best for conforming comfort
If you find that your mattress is old and is out of shape, then this type of protector should be worth considering. These protector rests on your existing mattress and molds it in the shape of your body making it comfortable for use.
Featherbed – best for customized comfort
If you wish to enjoy a luxurious experience of sleep and comfort, this mattress protector is worth considering. They are most light-weight mattress protector which can be cleaned easily by hanging it outside in the sunlight and giving some fresh air. It absorbs most of the heat from the body, so it is not advisable for those who struggle to be cold at night. For the best comfort, choose a featherbed mattress protector.
The size of each bed varies, and you must only buy according to your required size of the bed. Mainly, the beds come in three different size range as shown below:Material Used:
Each of the materials with which the protector is made varies and have unique properties which make it preferable for the users.
The Cotton material feels very soft and comfortable; it is chosen because it is breathable which means that it can absorb most of the moisture from your body and makes you sweat lesser.
The Polyester material which is used makes it silky and slightly thinner from the rest of the ones. It makes you feel warmer and is preferable only in the winter season. It is also water and moisture resistant and easily washable.
The Vinyl material which is used in the protector makes you feel like leather and plastic. It is extremely easy to use them, and cleaning has been made easy because you can just simply wipe off the stain from it.
Way it holds:
There are three ways in which the protector can hold the mattress.
Fitted: Slides over the corner edges and holds on to them which means that you do not need to put any extra effort to place it over the mattress.
Zipped: Your entire mattress is held inside the zipped protector and all at once, you can protect them. For holding the zip, you need to have a strong material such as vinyl.
Elastic: It fits all the four corners easily and can be put without much folding them.
Type of finish:
Quilted: The mattress is stitched all over the sides and corner, and extra cushioning is provided which makes you feel easy and relaxed.
Non-Quilted: There is no stitching on any of the sides and blends perfectly with your bedsheets. You may not even be bothered about the dust being collected between the stitches.
- Breathability: With this feature, it means that the circulation of air through its fabric happens easily due to which you feel cool and comfortable.
- Easy to clean: After buying the product, you may be worried about the proper cleaning of it. Buy something which can be easily cleaned by you.
- Hypoallergic: All the materials differ in their properties and features. Your mattress protector must be able to get rid of dust, dirt, and allergies present in the air which makes sleeping healthier.
- The number of threads: Number of threads per unit area also tells how good the material is. A protector having more number of threads per unit area, makes the fabric feel softer and thicker.
- Comfort: You would only feel satisfied if the protector/pad which you bought is comfortable for your body. Causing discomfort ruins your sleep and can get you annoyed easily.
- Budget: The most important thing before buying a product is your budget. Buy something which fits your budget easily. Less money and more features!
1. Wakefit Water Proof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector – 78″ x 72″, King Size, White
There are only a few products in the market that protects your mattresses and as well as provide super comfort to your body and during sleep. This is what Wakefit Water Proof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector does. Not only does this mattress protector protects your bed against accidental spills from drinks, sweat, and your pets, it can also provide smooth feel during your sleep. It is a double bed waterproff mattress protector.
- The Terry cotton layer on the top of the protector provides a very smooth feel and keeps the surface a little cooler. This will make your sleep comfortable without causing any disturbance.
- The TPU film on the protector makes it water resistant and breathable. This breathable feature only allows the passage of air and prevents the flow of moisture and other liquid substances.s
- The cotton lycra along with elastic around its corner makes the protector to easily fit into your mattress. The major advantage is that it will keep the protector fixed on to your protector even while you are sleeping.
- It does not contain vinyl, phthalates or PVC which is not good for your health.
- The product is anti-bacterial and free from allergens adding the extra protection for your health as well.
- The material with which the product is made allows air to easily pass through it and prevents the flow of water and drinks.
- Comes with elastic band, which makes it easy to wrap.
- Not stain proof, the white color gets stained soon.
2. Cloth Fusion Patron 2nd Gen Waterproof Cotton Mattress Protectors- King Size (78″x72″), Maroon
While you are setting your bed and other interior furniture, you have to look to take care of the color and design as well which makes them look elegant and classy inside your home. Cloth Fusion Patron 2nd Gen Waterproof Cotton Mattress Protector is a double bed waterproff mattress protector . It is made up of 100% cotton which makes you comfortable while you sleep and does not disturb you while sleeping.
- It comes along with a velcro tap which makes the bedsheets stick to your protectors even when you are lying on it.
- It is made up of 100% cotton fabric which increases the quality of this product and gives you the best comfort to your body.
- It also has 3-layer protection of quilted cotton surface, microfiber sheet, and PU laminated waterproof sheet.
- If the size of your mattress is large and king-sized, this mattress protector is the best choice because of the fact that up to 8-inches mattress can be covered using this protector.
- The cleaning of this protector is effortless. Simply use your washing machine and warm water for a better experience.
- Many users have appreciated the quality of this mattress is superb.
- It also has a unique design and color that adds beauty and elegance to your bed.
- Holds liquid to a great extent and does not let it seep in.
- The threads start coming out after some time.
3. Linenwalas Bed Cover Waterproof & Dustproof Laminated Terry Fitted Cotton Mattress Protector – White – 72″x78″
The company itself assures that it provides a top quality product, and so is the Linenwalas Bed Cover Waterproof & Dustproof Laminated Terry Fitted Cotton Mattress Protector. It is also one of the top-selling mattress protectors. It is also designed as a premium quality product which suffices the users completely. Coming in a variant size, you can choose according to your wish.
- The bottom layer is made up of TPU lamination which is water absorbent material and makes your protector completely free from all the water-related problems on your bed.
- The top layer is hypoallergenic which makes it dustfree and allergic free. It gives you a complete soothing experience while you sleep.
- It comes in variant sizes.
- It also comes along with a 1-year warranty life.
- The different layers on the protector make it 100% waterproof and allergic-proof.
- Prevents from all spills and accidents soiling your mattress. You prevent your mattress from getting ruined.
- The breathable fabric allows air to pass through it.
- It can be easily washed in your machines.
- The elastic corners make it perfectly fit on to your mattress.
- Fitting is too tight.
- Quality could have been better.
4. Rite Clique Waterproof Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector (Blue, 72×78 Inches)
Rite Clique Waterproof Hypoallergenic Mattress Protector is one of the other options that are open for users. Having a unique color and design, this product stands out from the rest. It can easily fit on to your mattress without crumbling and getting wrinkled which saves your extra effort in making upThere are more features to this product.
- It is made up of premium quality product that prevents the flow of water or other spills from drinks through it making it 100% waterproof.
- The hypoallergenic material prevents your mattress from the contact of allergens and other bugs which makes your sleep clean and comfortable.
- The fiber is breathable to allow the passage of air through it.
- It does not crumble after you sleep over it.
- It does not create a plastic-like sound which usually happens in most of the mattress protectors.
- It comfortably fits on to your king-sized bed.
- A few users have appreciated its waterproofing quality.
- The quality of the product is average.
5. Dream Care Waterproof Dustproof Terrycloth Cotton Mattress Protector for Queen Size Bed (Maroon, 78″ x 60″)
Not every product that comes in the market comes along with a good warranty life. With a 2-year warranty on the product, Dream Care Waterproof Dustproof Terrycloth Cotton Mattress Protector for Queen Size Bed provides 100% customer satisfaction. The eco-friendly and sound-free mattress protector gives you the best comfort while sleeping.
- The Terry cotton surface keeps your body natural and fresh.
- The waterproof protective layer and eco-friendly layer makes your sleep safe and sound.
- Anti-Dust Mite Shield, Bed-Bug Defense system, Allergen Control Structure all these features provide you surety that your mattress would be free from diseases and allergens.
- To enhance the beauty of your rooms, it comes with a variety of colors.
- It is free from bugs, allergens and other dust material that stick on to your mattress and make you feel uncomfortable.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It is wrinkle-resistant and anti-slippery.
- A user found the cotton surface is a little rough.
6. Signature Waterproof and Dust Proof 72X78-inch Mattress Protector, Double Bed, Maroon
Signature Waterproof and Dust Proof 72X78-inch Mattress Protector are one of the other choices that is available for users. It also comes in an elegant color and design. With 100% waterproof nature and high-quality material make it one of the most preferred choices for the users. Let us have a look at the other features of this product.
- It is made up of very good micro material having a thread count of 120 TC and having a fabric weight of 1kg.
- It is made up of 100% waterproof material which prevents your protector from accidental spills and sweat from your body.
- Fits perfectly over your mattress.
- It is hand and machine washable.
- It is sufficient enough to fully cover your king-sized bed.
- The cover holds the bedsheet exactly in its place without any wrinkles even when you are sleeping. This makes you put less effort into making your bed every morning after sleep.
- A user complained about its soaking capacity.
7. Amazon Brand – Solimo Waterproof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector, 78×72 inches, King Size (White)
With a range of bedsheet sizes that fit on your bed, Amazon Brand – Solimo Waterproof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector proves out to be one of the other preferable choices for users. If you have a large sized bed and the mattress which you have put is also thick, you may feel it difficult to find a perfect match for you to protect it.
- The bottom layer of the mattress is made up of polyurethane which protects it from stains from sweat and other accidental spills.
- The top layer is made up of 100% Terry cotton which is also fully waterproof, and it does prevent your protector from forming any lumps while you spread it on your bed.
- Sufficient enough to cover a whole king-sized bed.
- It is easy to maintain it as it can be easily machine washed.
- The elastic spandex that comes along with this protector snugs onto your mattress and prevents it from slipping every time you sleep on it.
- Available in various sizes.
- Affordable price tag.
- Many users appreciated its fit.
- It is thin as compared to other protectors.
8. Bedding King Waterproof Microfiber Double Bed Mattress Protector (72X78 inches, Brown)
You need a protector which can completely protect your double and king-sized bed. It is very difficult to protect a bigger sized bed than the smaller ones. Bedding King Waterproof Microfiber Double Bed Mattress Protector serves your purpose by being a waterproof protector and helping you safe from the sudden and accidental spills. Let us have a look at all the features of this product.
- It is made in such a way that it does not easily slip off the mattress and rests in its place even if users lie upon it. It takes much effort to make your bed; this protector saves your time and as well as your effort.
- Comes with an elastic velcro that keeps it fix on to your mattresses.
- It is fully waterproof mattress cover that protects the bed from sudden spills, sweat from your body and even the pets inside your home.
- Ideal for an entire king-sized bed.
- Many users have appreciated the quality of the product.
- It comes in unique colors.
- The plastic material makes noise.
9. Sleepyhead Bamboo Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector, 78 x 60 (Queen Size, White)
It is very important that you should protect your mattress because these are costly and cannot be replaced every time if it is ruined or spoiled. Sleepyhead Bamboo Terry Waterproof Mattress Protector serves your purpose and gives one of the best protection to your mattress from sweat, drink spills and other micro-bacteria and allergens. It comes in varying size, and you can select any of these according to your bed size. Other features that come along with this mattress protector are given below.
- The mattress protector is made up of natural Bamboo Terry and a layer of non-toxic LPU layer. The advantage of this layer is that it is safe for health and does not cause any type of health issues while sleeping.
- It is safe against allergens and anti-bacterial.
- 100% waterproof and light-weight product.
- It comes along with a 1-year warranty.
- The non-toxic layer on this protector keeps you safe from all health issues and diseases while you are asleep.
- It can be cleaned easily using the hand as well as a washing machine using hot/cold water as per your wish.
- The biggest advantage of having bamboo material protector is that it is 40% better than the other material in absorbing moisture away from the skin of your body, thus preventing it from getting stained.
- It cannot be ironed.
- You cannot use bleaching powder while washing it.
10. Cozyland Premium Waterproof and Dustproof Double Mattress Protector(72X72)
Coming in with some advantages, Cozyland Premium Waterproof and Dustproof Double Mattress Protector is one of the best choices for the users. It not only protects the mattress but also gives you a full comfort sleep. Now you would never complain about your mattress since it would never disturb your sleep. Let us have a look at the other features as well.
- It is made up of PolyCotton material which gives you a full comfort while sleeping.
- It is designed to maximize both comfort and protection. Made with a premium quality material, it will serve its purpose.
- With masterful craftsmanship, the top layer of the mattress protector is manufactured with superior materials.
- It gives you some advantages such as protection from spills from liquid items, stains from sweat, allergens and bug bites. With numerous benefits, it stands out from the others.
- The hypoallergenic mattress is breathable and can allow the passage of air through it and preventing other allergens and bacterias coming into the mattress.
- It has a fitted sheet style design that completely fits on to every mattress size.
- Very affordable
- No such cons mentioned.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I change my mattress protector?
It is advised that you should get your mattress protector changed once in every year. If you take care of your mattress protector correctly and wash it regularly, it could last longer!
2. Are mattress protectors necessary?
Mattress protector turns out to be great protection for your mattress from sudden spills, bacterias, and allergens. Due to which, the entire mattress gets ruined which makes you uncomfortable while sleeping. So, it is better to take prevention and keep a protector on your mattresses.
3. Do memory foam mattresses need a mattress pad?
Use of mattress pad is a bit odd in the case of memory foam mattresses because these mattresses are designed to mold into the shape of your body and allow you to sink in providing a great amount of comfort while sleeping. It is not advisable to use a thick pad for covering memory foam mattress because its unique property becomes void using them as covers. So, manufacturers provide a pad along with it to help you prevent stains from sweat and other spills and keeps your mattress protected.
4. How to use mattress pads?
It is very easy to use your mattress pads. Just follow these simple steps:
- Take off your bedsheet from the mattress and take your mattress pads.
- Place the pad over your mattress and tightly fit it around all the corners. The bumps on the pads should face towards the ceiling.
- Now place your bedsheets such that the pad rests between your mattress and bedsheet.
5. Which one is better – foam or spring mattress?
While buying a mattress, there must be some conditions on which you choose — the most important one being whether your mattress is made up of foam or spring. The spring mattresses have been a traditional choice for all the users. It has also been considered a better option. It is made up of metal coils which are suspended with the other materials in the mattress.
The unique property that makes it stand out from the others is that whenever pressure is applied on the mattress, it pushes back with the same pressure. This helps those who have ailments in their back as well as heavy people. One of the biggest drawbacks of this mattress is, the body does not apply the same amount of pressure on every side. The becomes a matter of discomfort during sleeping.
It becomes very difficult for all of us to choose from all these products, the best one. Looking at all the features and specifications of each product, we suggest that the best choice for thee users would be Wakefit Water Proof Terry Cotton Mattress Protector. It is made up of Terry cotton material that makes mattress protector waterproof and breathable. The TPU film layer also serves this purpose. With cotton lycra and elastic corner, it sticks fit onto your mattress even if we sleep on it. This saves the extra effort of making your bed. It prevents the contact of allergens and other micro-bacterias and makes the mattress comfortable and safe for users. Talking about the budget, it is not very costly.
Another product that we suggest for our users would be, Cloth Fusion Patron 2nd Gen Waterproof Cotton Mattress Protectors. The unique feature of the product would be its color and design. It is made up of 100% cotton fabrics making it comfortable. It is sufficient enough to protect a king-sized bed. 3-layer protection makes your product safe and comfortable. Talking about the budget, it is not so costly.