10 Best TV Headphones
Watching television cannot get any better as innovations are going on daily. Most new televisions now come with some great wireless headphones for TV. But the major problem faced by users of this TV headphones is getting the one that can easily be connected to the television and be fitted comfortably on one’s ears.
These TV headphones are designed in such a way that it gives out excellent sound quality and an opportunity for privacy while watching a TV program, show or movie. Now you may be worried about who should get these tv headphones? In this article you will learn all about tv headphones. We will help you choose between wired and wireless headphones and how to connect headphones with tv?
Here you will learn about the technical terms for TV Headphones. What are the factors to be considered before buying the headphones for tv. At the end you will find the list of 10 best tv headphones along with a few FAQs
10 Best TV Headphones
Dynamic Rotatable Headphone
Budget Friendly Tv Headphone
Best Noise Cancellation Headphone
Best Durable Tv Headphone
Best Base Quality Tv Headphone
Best Built-in Mic Tv Headset
Best Branded Name In Tv Headphone
Best In Sound Quality
Best Wired Tv Headphone
Best Hi-bass Tv Headphone
Technical Terms to Know About TV Headphones
In using a TV headphone, some technical jargon often comes up when discussing it. It is important to understand what they mean before investing in it. Here are some important terms one needs to know.
The frequency response tells one the range of the sound that the headphone is capable of producing. This is measured in Hertz (Hz). When buying a TV headphone, the Frequency response is usually written on the box like 20Hz – 20,000Hz.
Noise Isolation vs. Active Noise Cancellation
This is another important term in the TV headphone market. Noise isolation means the process of blocking outside noise from entering the ears – while the Active noise cancellation is the process whereby the tiny microphones in the headphone pick up outside sounds and then the headphone produces the opposite sound wave in other to cancel out those unwanted noises.
Soundstage in headphones is the ability of a pair of headphone to reproduce spatial cues felt in a room. This soundstage technology varies with different headphones. The larger the over-ears are, the better the soundstage.
Open vs. Closed Back
The closed-back headphones are those headphones that the drivers are enclosed in the ear cup. This type of headphone allows sound to bounce around but can’t enter the ear. It prevents outside noise from entering the ear cup and prevent the next person close by from hearing your music.
While the open back headphones are the opposite of the closed back and do not have a driver enclosed in the ear cups, here, the drivers are exposed and that allows noise to pass freely into the ear cup. The open back headphone is suitable for use at home or in the studio.
When a headphone is said to be having a flat or a neutral sound, it means that the headphones are reproducing the signals that they receive from its source device with little deviation most time.
While flat sound audio is used when audio is being mixed or produced so as for it to sound nice regardless of the devices it will be played on later. Generally, a flat sound is not exciting, but most manufacturers give it a slight boost to make it sound better.
Which One Is Better Wired or Wireless for TV?
One major challenge faced by users of TV headphones is determining whether to go for wireless (Bluetooth) or go for a wired headphone. Both headphones come with its advantages and most times, a function of preference.
Depending on how one wants to use it, will determine which will suit their needs. Some of the significant factors to consider when choosing between wired and wireless TV headphone includes
The sound quality of both is one of the major determinants in selecting a headphone. But with the passage of years and innovation, the difference in the sound quality has reduced between both of them. However, most users of TV headphone still have the belief that a wired connection sounds better and clearer than the Bluetooth devices.
Also, it is worth to note that a Bluetooth headphone can only support a maximum of 768 kbps while standard wired TV headphones can support close to 2,304 kbps depending on the brand, the device sending the signal through and the output ratio.
But don’t be deceived – the highest quality bitrate is often between 320 kbps to 521 kbps. Therefore there may not be any need for the other kbps.
Different TV headphone manufacturers design their products with different equalization (or EQ) levels. Some products such as “Blue” offers manual equalization on its wired headphone and wireless on the headphone line, and the difference might not be noticed when one is listening to digital music.
One advantage of the wireless headphone over the wired is the freedom that comes with it. One has the opportunity to move up to 50 feet away and still listen to the program or music.
This might not be obtainable with the wired headphone that may accidentally be ripped off when one stands up unknowingly. But with the Bluetooth headphone, a user can be doing other chores or while still listening to the TV.
This is another drawback to the wireless type of headphone. Notwithstanding how long the battery can last, it will still run out. And this will require you going around with a cable to charge it.
How to Connect Headphones With TV?
Connecting the headphone with a TV comes in different ways and would require users to know the make and design of the TV. Here are some ways one can use in connecting a headphone to a TV.
This is necessary if you are sitting close to your TV. In this situation, the user needs to plug the headphone directly to the opening in the television. This will require a 3.5mm cable to get started.
This is another way of using a headphone with a TV. In connecting via an adapter, one needs to identify the kind of audio output that the TV comes with. In newer TV, there are audio output connections at the side or back of the TV.
Older ones come with a 3.5mm headphone output that makes it easy to plug-in and play. If you would be staying far from your television, then you will need an extended adapter cable in other to reach it.
Some example of audio outputs includes RCA (2-audio), 5.1 output and Optical (digital). Vladimir Logutenko/123RF
A streaming device’s remote control
This is another way for streaming audios from TVs. This option involves plugging into the remote control of a set-top device. Some unique streamers in the market include NVidia’s Shield TV and Roku Ultra that comes with remote control and a headphone jack that is built in.
Connecting through external audio devices
Users of TV headphones can also connect into devices like A/V receivers or through an external speaker. This external audio device is essential when one happens to be using multiple source devices.
Users can use one of the output adapters by plugging directly in. Some A/V receivers come with a quarter inch headphone input in the front of the devices, and this will require a simple adapter
Connection using a wireless (Bluetooth) route will require the following ways
TV Bluetooth streaming
In using a Bluetooth streaming route, one would need to confirm first if the TV supports it. This information can be gotten from the audio section of the TV settings. For a TV that supports this feature, set up the headphone by merely pairing it and then follow the pop-up on-screen instructions to get it up and running
Who Should Buy TV Headphones?
This is one question that most people are faced with while considering whether to buy a TV headphone or not. For those living around a busy household where people continuously play loud music or walk in and out, one can easily use a headphone to listen to the audio and insulate the sounds.
The TV headphone is important for every family member – both young and old. It is also important for musicians in the studio. This TV headphone is also an essential accessory for a busy mother wishing to keep up with the program they are seeing.
Buying Guide for TV Headphone
In buying a TV headphone, it is important to consider some basic features that make them stand out. Some of these features of the headphones include
The sound quality is one of the most important features to look out for when buying a TV headphone. Most buyer’s major concern is whether those sounds are at par with the sounds coming out from the TV set or the connected audio players.
In selecting or determining the sound quality, it is necessary to check the codec because the sound quality of a Bluetooth TV headphone is synonymous with the audio codec that the headphone uses.
Some of these codec used includes SBC Codes, the aptx Codec which is a higher version of the SPC Codes and the upgraded aptx HD
This is another unique feature that one needs to look out for. The noise cancellation feature is the capacity of the headphone to eliminate unwanted sounds through the use of active noise control system. This is necessary for those leaving in the city or busy environment.
This feature is also important if one is living close to neighbors or when watching a movie and you don’t want to disturb those around you. This feature makes TV headphones more expensive since it is not a standard feature like other regular ones.
This is similar to the regular noise cancellation or soundproofing that comes with others. For those people on budgets, insulation headphones are specially designed ear cups that reduce unwanted noises.
The disadvantage of this type of TV headphone is that it can easily get warm while in use.This prevents the ear from breathing after some hours of usage and leaves one with sweaty ears.
One other factor to look out for when purchasing a TV headphone is the range of the headphone. This feature determines how far away from the transmitter will the headphone work. It is popularly believed that the farther away one is from the transmitter, the less audible will the quality of the audio be.
For an extended range of audibility, the RF Headphones has a more extended range when compared to other Bluetooth Headphones. When used to watch TV or stream audio from the Television, a Bluetooth Headphone might be Ideal.
If you wish to listen to music and may need to walk around, then the RF headphone should be considered. Therefore, it is necessary to go for a TV headphone that the range can suffice to the entire length and breadth of the house.
Latency is one other factor that is considered as a significant point in Bluetooth TV headphones. This is seen as the short delays that happen between the time when an audio signal is sent, and the time it took to hear it. This might not be noticeable when one is listening to music.
This latency is more pronounced when one is watching a video clip because it will lead to the sound to be out of sync with the video and leads to delay. The degree of latency of the TV Headphone is dependent on the software and hardware setup that one have.
Newer versions of aptx HD has now reduced the latency that users were experiencing before. Therefore, before buying a headphone, check the type of codec that was used in making the headphone such as aptx and aptx HD.
Having comfort while watching a TV with a headphone is a paramount concern for most user. Since one may have to wear or use this headphone for close to an hour or more, depending on the TV show or movie one is watching, then going for a product with good comfort is important.
It is necessary to consider the headband of the headphone before purchasing since we all have different size and shape of the head – this affects the comfortability of the headphone.
This headband is usually made of plastic, and a headband that is too small may bite into the user’s scalp and cause discomfort. Therefore it is necessary to go for a headphone with an elastic and soft headband.
The headphone cushion is another feature that users’ needs to look out for. This part of a headphone is also a source of discomfort for users. Headphone cushions are seen as the padding around the speakers of the TV headphones. These cushions are made in a way that they fit around the ears so that the users can easily listen to the audio that is streaming from the TV set.
The cushions come with a solid grip that helps prevent it from sliding off the user’s ears. But it is also important not to go for one that is too tight. One other thing to consider when checking on the cushion of the headphone is its breathability and removability. This feature of removability allows it to be clean easily.
The price of the headphone is another thing to consider when making a selection. The price of different headphone is dependent on the make and brand. Also, the range of features such as RF or Bluetooth enables headphone also affects the price. The more the features, the higher the price.
But don’t be deceived with the base price as some of this headphone might look affordable but does not come as a complete package.
Always check the full details of what is included in your purchase to be sure that other parts like an adapter and jacks are included.
The Battery Life
This is very necessary when one is buying a wireless headphone for TV. It gets tasking when one needs to charge the headphone every other time, and this can be frustrating when the user is living in an area where they are a power surge always.
It is important to go for a headphone that the battery can last for up to 50 hours. Some newer version of the TV headphones now comes with a quick charge system. It allows the headphone to be charged for up to 2 hours of battery life after charging for 5 minutes. This feature comes with more cost.
Collapsible Ear Cups
This is another thing to pay attention to (determining whether or not they can fold easily). For those looking for a headphone that can be taken around, then a collapsible ear cups are needed.
Built-in MicrophoneSome headphones come with a built-in Mic and control modules on the wire that allows users to do a good number of activities with it. Check what you will need the headphone for before making a selection.
1. Neewer Studio Monitor Headphones – Dynamic Rotatable Headphone
This TV headphone is a dynamic headphone that is rotatable. It comes with 45mm loudhailer driver and can be used for other appliances such as cell phones and a plug adapter for PC.
It is very suitable for streaming audios from the TV while watching a movie or listening to a song.
- The TV headphone has an item weight 463 g
- It comes in a package dimension of 26.4 x 24.9 x 10.2 cm
- It does not require any battery
- A rotatable headsets
- It comes with a coiled cable
- The headphone comes with a 3 meters straight cable
- It has a 1/4inch-6.35mm Plug Adapter for PC, Cell Phones, and TV
- The headphone is lightweight and comfortable to use.
- The headphone headband is very flexible and of great quality
- A great price
- The ear pads are not ok
- The headphone leaks noise
2. Philips Shp1900/10 Over-ear Stereo Headphones – Budget Friendly Tv Headphone
The Philips overhead stereo headphone is a pocket-friendly headphone that comes in handy for your use. The Philips SHP1900/10 Over-Ear Stereo Headphone allows you to enjoy wonderful audio seamlessly. The headphone comes with a sturdy plug and completely free from distortion.
- The headphone is compatible with all devices that come with a 3.5mm jack
- It comes with a frequency response of 20-20000Hz
- It comes with full-sized ear shells that block all external noise
- It comes with a 500mWatts maximum power input
- The headphone has a 98dB sensitivity/32ohm impedance
- It comes with an item weight of 540 g
- It has product dimensions of 18.2 x 9.5 x 17.1 cm
- Does not require any battery
- The connector type is wired
- It comes with a 2m long cable
- The headphone is so lightweight that one can hardly notice that they are wearing it.
- With the special design and shape of the material used in making the ear cushions, it ensures a perfect fit and comfort.
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- It has good quality
- The covering of the cushion peels off easily
3. Boult Audio Probass Flex – Best Noise Cancellation Headphone
This is a high fidelity acoustics that is ergonomically designed. The headphone comes with a built-in sub-woofers that pack up that extra punch that comes with it. The headphone is dual purpose as it comes with a braided Aux-cable that makes sure that there is an uninterrupted playing time even when one runs out of battery.
- The headphone comes with a high fidelity Acoustics
- High quality braided Aux-cable that ensures an uninterrupted playing time
- The Boult’s Neodymium technology enables the drivers to deliver high definition audio that comes with 3D sounds
- It comes with a built-in mic for hands-free calls and three button control that helps to accept/reject calls, change, skip, fast forward and also to adjust the volume.
- This headphone comes with an extra bass that accentuates the warm midst.
- The headphone comes with a voice command that can be used to give a command with just a simple click on the Boult-Flex.
- It comes with a CSR 8535 power in other to give out connectivity within a 10-meter range.
- It requires 1 Lithium-ion battery
- It’s an over-ear wireless
- The headphone is compatible with lots of devices such as Smart TVs, Smartphones, Mobiles, PCs, Laptops, Android and iOS
- The following components come with the headphones – Auxiliary cable, Charging USB cable and Instructional Manual
- The connector type is Bluetooth.
- It comes with a very great bass quality
- It comes with a strong battery that can last for 10 hours of runtime or stays for two days standby
- provides great value for money
- The Bluetooth range is quite poor (3m)
- Sound leakage
4. Sennheiser Ii Wireless On-ear Headphone – Best Durable Tv Headphone
The Sennheiser is a wireless on-ear headphone that comes with a detailed but warm sound reproduction. It is reputed for its strong bass as it is suitable for all modern TV applications and modern music.
These headphones come with wireless freedom with reception through walls that are up to 130 meters.
- A volume and tuning controls can be found on the headphone
- It comes with a multi-functional transmitter
- It has an easy charge function
- Wireless RF headphone that allows one to sync these Radio Frequency to the television
- It comes with a NiMH AAA Batteries
- The headphone comes with an optional wall mounting of transmitter
- A frequency range of 926.15 MHz – 927.55 MHz
- It comes with three RF channels selectors
- It has an item weight of 200 g
- A product dimensions of 31.1 x 22.2 x 14 cm
- Signal to noise ratio is 65 dB
- A high quality product for listening to TV
- It comes with two speaker output channel.
- The headphone comes with a connectivity option for multiple listeners
- It has a great battery life – up to 20 hours
- It comes with a hissing sound during a movie
5. Leaf Bass Wireless Headphones With Mic – Best Base Quality Tv Headphone
The leaf Bass Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are a very superbly designed TV headphone with a Hi-fi Mic. This headphone gives one an incredible 10 hours of battery life for a non-stop experience. The beautifully designed headphone comes with an in-built Bluetooth v4.1 and 40mm drivers. Fully designed to give a crisp sound that comes with deep bass.
The leaf Bass headphone comes with an ultra-soft cushion ear cups and headband cushion for comfort. It also comes with an ever-green aux port which can still be used even without charging.
- The headphone comes with noise isolation and soft cushion cups that allows you to use for an extended period without any form of discomfort
- Leaf Bass headphone comes with an intense bass that gives you that feeling of a thumping bass
- It comes with over 10 hours of battery life after a charging time of two and a half hours.
- IT has a sensitivity of 109((+/-2) dB
- The headphone comes with a driver unit of 40mm
- It has a frequency of 20HZ-20KHz
- Item weight of 209 g
- It has a product dimension of 17 x 7.3 x 18 cm
- The headphone comes with a cord length of 1.2 mm
- The following are included in the package – Headphones, AUX Cable, Manual, USB Cable, and Warranty Card
- The headphone comes with an incline remote control that comes with a built-in microphone.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty against any manufacturers defects and users must register for that within ten days of delivery
- This headphone is both wired and wireless
- The leaf Bass headphone comes with ABS casing
- The headphone comes with a high sound quality
- It comes with an outstanding bass quality
- It is ideal for people on a budget.
- The headphone comes with a passive noise cancellation
- It is very light in weight and is sports friendly
- It leaks sounds when it is at full volume
6. Iball Decibel Bt01 Smart Headset With Alexa Enabled – Best Built-in Mic Tv Headset
The iBell Decibel headset is a great TV headphone that comes with a built-in mic. The headphone comes with an integrated Alexa voice assistant and multiple playback options.This includes FM Radio, Bluetooth, 3.5mm AUX and Micro SD.
This wireless headset removes the limitations that come with wire; it gives unparalleled performance. This headphone is your genie as it allows you to enjoy a high-quality sound while watching movies in your own space.
- It comes with a frequency response of – 20 Hz~20 KHz.
- It comes with exquisite design and soft cushioned headband
- It comes in three beautiful colors
- The headphone comes with a built-in rechargeable battery that can be charged with the help of a USB
- It has an item weight of 168 g
- It has product dimensions of 7.5 x 18.5 x 20 cm
- The following are Included Components – Headset, Charging Cable, Audio Cable, and User Manual
- The headset connector type is wireless via Bluetooth
- It gives an unparalleled performance
- The Integrated Alexa Voice Assistant makes it so easy to use and control without any need to press the buttons
- Great value for money
- It does not show fully charged so one may not know when it is done charging
- There is a need to set the radio frequency every time since it does not come with frequency saved facility
7. Sony Wh-1000xm3 Wireless Headphones – Sony Wh-1000xm3 Wireless Headphones
Sony is reputed to be one of the best product and brands in the manufacturing of headphones across the world. It is a leading name in digital noise canceling due to its QN1 HD Processor. The Sony headphone comes with a quick charge of 10 minutes for a 5 hours playback.
One other unique feature that this product comes with is the Adaptive Sound Control technology and the smart features such as Voice Assistant compatibility, Quick Attention, and touch control system that it comes with.
- It comes with a battery life of up to 30hrs
- It has a headphone cable cord length of approximately 1.2m
- It comes with a driver unit of 40mm
- The headphone comes with a CCAW Voice coil
- It has an item weight of 254 g
- A product dimensions of 18.5 x 7.7 x 25.2 cm
- The connector type is Bluetooth
- It comes with touch sensors that can be used to control volume, skip tracks by a swipe or tap on the ear cups
- The headphone comes with a powerful 1.57? drivers with a Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) diaphragms that makes it ideal for handling heavy beats.
- It is designed in a foldable swivel structure
- It gives an impressive sound quality, sleek design, and lightweight
- It comes with reliable connectivity and stellar battery life
- The headphone can easily block out noise from the fan, AC, Rain, and others
- The headphone is expensive
8. G-cord T005 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones– Best In Sound Quality
The G-Cord T005 Bluetooth wireless headphone is a passive noise isolating headset. It is essential to know that this version of headphone cannot altogether cancel out all noise, but it won’t also drain your battery fast.
The headphone comes with a closed-back design that gives an immersive Hi-Fi sound with CSR chip and also a 40mm drive.
- It comes in a compact and lightweight design
- It comes with a retractable headband
- Comfortable On-Ear Fit
- The headphone is both wired and wireless
- The wireless mode has a battery life of 5 hours of music and talking time in one single charge
- It comes with a built-in Mic
- It has a Bluetooth connection distance of 33ft.
- The headphone can easily connect to other devices such as Samsung, All Android Smartphones, Huawei, tablets, Xiaomi, Honor, Vivo, HTC, I Phones, Redmi, LG, Oppo, and other Bluetooth devices within 33 feet.
- Requires a separate Bluetooth adapter when connecting to a TV
- It has a charging voltage of 5V
- The following components come with the package (1x USB Charging Cable, 1x User Manual, and 1x T005 Bluetooth Headphones)
- It has an item weight of 249 g
- It comes with package dimensions of 18.2 x 13.4 x 6.3 cm
- The headphone sound quality is impressive
- One other advantage of this headphone is its compact in size, which makes it easy to travel with and store. It comes in a portable and foldable design
- A good price
- You may feel tight on the ears
9. Motorola Pulse 3 Max Wired Headphones – Best Wired Tv Headphone
The Motorola headphone is a very powerful and ultra lightweight over the ear headphone. This headphone driver delivers that feeling of “feel it in your bones” base that is legendary with excellent sound quality that you can only get from Motorola.
- It comes with a 40mm driver
- The headphone comes with an ultra lightweight rotating ear cups
- It comes with a noise isolation features
- The headphone comes with an inline microphone
- It is design in a way that is compact and foldable – this help in the easy storage of the headphone
- The headphone is designed with swivel ear cups that offer flexibility while wearing
- The Motorola headphone comes with a tangle-resistant cable that comes with a 3.5mm audio jack
- A built-in Mic that controls playback and calls
- It has an item weight of 181 g
- A package dimensions of 23.4 x 21.4 x 7.2 cm
- It comes with a deep base feature
- Included components include 3.5mm Cable, Over-Ear Headphones, and Quick User Guide
- The connector type is wired
- It is reputed to having a high quality and deep bass
- Great price
- The headphone is decently built and sturdy
- It fits perfectly for medium and big sculled persons
- It comes with a soft cushion that is comfortable while wearing
- The sound clarity for treble is not that great
- Some users complain of heat from the ear cushion after 2 to 3 hours of usage
10. Procus Urban Bluetooth Headphones – Best Hi-bass Tv Headphone
This is one of the popular Bluetooth headphones in the India market. It comes with a Hi Bass and microphone that elevate the sound. This headphone comes with an extra set of washable ear pads to keep your Procus looking cool.
This Earphone comes with a quick Bluetooth connectivity which allows one to connect to 2 devices at the same time to enable a wireless listening with the most transparent sound. This sound can be up to 10 meters in an open space
- It has an item weight of 399 g
- It comes with a product dimension of 18.4 x 8.3 x 16.9 cm
- The headphone is a wireless device
- Some unique features that the headphone comes with includes a rubber coated exterior, an extra pair of washable ear pads, ability to listen to music, and also to attend to calls
- The headphone box contains a Micro USB cable, a Bluetooth headphone, and a user manual.
- It is designed with a dual connectivity ability.
- The headphone comes with 8 hours of play time
- The headphone comes with an easy to connect feature
- It boasts of a fantastic sound quality
- It comes with a large ear-pad that sits comfortably on one’s ear
- One other advantage of this headphone is the extra ear-pad that the earphone comes with
- The headphone is not easy to fold
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do wireless headphones work?
Wireless headphones transmitted signals and sounds from the source to the headphone that it is connected to
2. How many types of wireless headphone is in the market?
There are two types of wireless headphones in the market.
- The Radio frequency headphone (RF) that passes its signal to the receiver in the TV set. The receiver that is attached to one’s TV converts the audio into radio waves that the headphones will receive to listen as audio.The standard range of an RF Wireless Headphone is 100 ft. Know that solid materials and walls can affect the quality of the signal
- The second type of wireless headphone is the Bluetooth headphones that act as both the transmitter and the receiver of the signal.When connected, the Bluetooth becomes part of a local wireless network and allows it to send and receive data. This wireless device has a shorter range of 30 feet.
3. Which of the wireless type is better RF or Bluetooth wireless for watching TV?
The significant difference between both is the range of frequency and latency. For coverage range, the RF headphones have a more extended range when compared to other Bluetooth devices.
Most RF headphones can reach up to 300 ft. while most Bluetooth headphones use Bluetooth class 2 and cover just a range of 33 ft.While for sound latency, RF headphones have a sound latency of 40ms and Bluetooth headphones of up to 220ms
4. Which is more secure between RF and Bluetooth?
The Bluetooth headphones are known to be more secure when compared to RF headphones.The RF can easily be affected since it uses radio waves and there may be interference from other devices. This often affects the quality of the signal.
This is not a problem with Bluetooth headphones since it does not use radio frequency.
5. How will I connect my wireless headphone to my TV?
To connect to your TV from a Bluetooth headphone, one needs a Bluetooth transmitter. This transmitter takes the RCS or 3.5mm output from the TV and sends it to the Bluetooth signal. And once it is paired, the setup is complete and you can start watching your TV or movie with the audio streaming through the headphone
Watching a TV show can be more convenient using wireless headphones. This is needed when you don’t need disturbance or wish to disturb others sitting around. It is necessary to ascertain what your preference is when selecting a model in other to make the right choice.
Like we stated initially, wireless headphone system shortcoming is being latency which often occurs with TV headphones with Bluetooth while RF headphone can cover a long range.
As you make your selection, we wish you good luck