Best Travel Backpacks
Everyone has a travel enthusiast within them who wants to trek on mountains or scuba dive in deep seas or go on a safari in dense forests or travel every corner of the world. For such trips around the globe, you will require a backpack to carry along the journey.
Backpacks are the apt ones for traveling as they are more convenient, gives you more mobility and easy-to-carry rather than suitcases or handbags for traveling.
A variety of size and type of backpacks are available to suit your requirements accordingly, such as Rucksacks, laptop bags, and laptop bags. So the wanderlusts, adventure-lovers and travel freaks, get your backpacks, pack your stuff, tie up your shoelaces and get started for some holiday time.
Top 9 Best Travel Backpacks
Travel Backpacks Buyer’s Guide
Opening – clam-shell or top opening
It is important to check the type of opening before deciding on the bag you wish to purchase. A top-opening travel bag comes with a drawstring to close it from the top. This makes it difficult to reach for the things placed at the bottom of the bag.
A clam-shell opening is a more convenient option to consider. These types of bags help you reach things much more easily and instantly.
The bag should come with shoulder and waist straps. Ensure that the straps are adjustable and padded well. This allows the weight to be evenly distributed on your shoulders so that you don’t feel burdened. The padded cushioning also adds to the comfort.
Waist straps, on the other hand, will distribute the weight evenly to the entire body and not just on the shoulders. Hence, it prevents backaches and sore shoulders.
Weight of the Bag
The first point to keep in mind while buying a backpack is the weight of the pack. You are going to carry that on your shoulders throughout the tour and wouldn’t want a backache for sure.
Getting a heavy bag along with all the packed stuff will just keep adding on to the total weight. Also, it might lead you to drop some of your essentials for the trip. Instead, a lightweight backpack would save you from an additional unwanted load.
Bag size and capacity
Packing sufficient and minimal belongings is the key for a trip to be enjoyable and comfortable. Luggage packed under 50L is of an ideal type. Airports also have limits on the weight of the bag that you carry. Carrying a big-fat backpack will not only slow down you but also irritate the public around you.
Hence pick up a bag with smaller size and optimal capacity you think will do, depending on the tenure of the trip. Smaller the bag, easier it is for you to carry it around. So, do not forget to have a look at the capacity of the bag mentioned in the product description.
Material and its durability
Of course, you wouldn’t want your backpack to degrade itself after a few days of usage. Buying a bag from a branded company with some extra bucks rather than going for a cheap one which is usually low in quality will be an intelligent one. Plus, the tenure of the product increases with the input of good quality material. You should be able to reuse a backpack for 5 to 6 hours at the least.
Also, check out for the ones with thin and durable materials. That would increase the capacity of the backpack too. Materials like sailcloth, Cordura nylon, ballistic nylon, rip-stop nylon are a few which you should be on a lookout.
Resistance to weather conditions
While talking about the material of the backpack, one more point to keep in mind is the weather resistance of the material. Getting your backpack soiled and hamper your belongings is the biggest turn down for a tour. Hence, make sure to look out for some waterproof (rain covers) and dust-proof materials. Materials like sailcloth are very effective for water resistance while rip-stop nylon, as the name suggests is resistant to rips and tears.
Organizing inside the bag
Packing the entire stuff in an organized fashion is of prime concern for every traveler. Rucksacks become inconvenient because a lot has to be unpacked every time you need something to be taken out from the bottom. Having defined compartments in the backpack rather than a big hollow sack makes the job a lot easier. In case compartments are not available for your choice of the backpack, you can opt for packing cubes. That will help you separate your clothes from your gadgets inside the hollow space.
The comfort of the pack
The convenience of the backpack is also essential as you might have to carry that for long hours.
Firstly, the backpack straps should match your body type. Else, a mismatch might lead you to back pain. High quality foamed thinner straps are more comfortable than the thicker ones. Bags with load lifters can also be an excellent option to adjust the total weight.
Secondly, the back panel should be comfortable enough and have some ventilation in humid areas.
Thirdly, hip belts can be beneficial for heavy backpacks. It adjusts the bag weight uniformly on the body.
Safety systems of the backpack
The utmost feature to look forward in a backpack is its safety system. Lockable zippers can prevent your bag from thieves to zip off and flee with your belongings.
Materials like ballistic nylon and Cordura are stronger, which prevents your bag from getting sliced by sharp knives to some extent. Some companies have a mesh-like structure as prevention for such thefts.
9 Best Travel Backpacks
1. Skybags Brat 8 Backpack
Skybags Brat 8 Backpack is a product which is comfortable and spacious enough to carry all your belongings in an organized fashion. Apart from its features, it comes at a very affordable price. Not only tourists and trekkers, but also college going students can opt for this one.
- 25L of capacity
- Has a width of 18.8inches, depth of 4.72inches and a height of 12.5inches
- The material is a combination of polyester and fabric.
- Two compartments along with front stash pocket, dual straps, mesh bottle holder and padded handles
- 12 months of international warranty is available
- The backpack comes at an extremely pocket-friendly price.
- Front stash pockets and mesh a holder on the side makes the bag an organized one to pack up stuff.
- The lightweight of the backpack also makes it easy to carry for a longer tenure.
- Padded straps and handles make the bag a comfortable one.
- This product is ideal for men only.
- A lack of a laptop sleeve makes it incompatible with carrying laptops.
- No rain cover is available with the product.
2. F Gear Luxur 25 L Backpack
If you want to opt for a backpack with a fashionable statement, then F Gear Luxur backpack is the one for you. Its sleek design with the leather finish makes it eye-catching. The full-featured pack also makes space for all your belongings in an organized manner.
- Has a capacity of 25L
- A padded laptop compartment is available
- A width of 12.5inches and a height 17.5inches makes it spacious.
- The bag is 800g in weight
- The material is of artificial leather
- Has a warranty of 12 months
- Two separate compartments allow you to organize your stuff properly.
- This bag is provided with multiple zip pockets on the exterior for keeping the handy things.
- It comes at a pocket-friendly price too.
- This backpack is ideal for men only.
- No rain cover is available with the product.
- There is a lack of trolley support to the bag.
3. Aristocrat 45 L Hiking Backpack
This light-weight Aristocrat rucksack travel bag will allow you to carry all your essentials in an organized manner. It is made using polyester. Hence, it is resistant against wear and tear. Also, the straps are padded well to ensure you with a comfortable travel experience.
Moreover, the bag is sleek yet rugged, giving you a complete suave look. This is a great choice for a durable, useful, and stylish travel bag.
- The capacity of this rucksack bag: 45 Liters.
- It has three compartments including a shoe compartment, an organizer, mesh pockets and utility pockets.
- Capable of storing a laptop up to the size of 17 inches.
- The bag has a classy rectangular shape design.
- It has a zipper-type closure.
- Made using tough polyester material.
- The straps of the bag are padded.
- 12 months warranty.
- The bag is tough, durable, and resistant to shrinking or wrinkling.
- It comes with multiple compartments and hidden pockets, allowing you to store all your essentials in an organized manner.
- Light-weight design and padded straps make it comfortable for you to carry.
- Rugged yet sleek and stylish design.
- Build quality of the bag could be better.
- It does not have a rain cover
4. VIP Radian Laptop Backpack
To travel around for official or business purposes, this backpack is the best option. With this product, you have the option to carry your laptop and all office organizers along with you at ease. Hence, for professional purposes, VIP Radian Laptop Backpack is the best-suited one.
- Has a capacity of 27L
- It has a width of 13inches and a height of 7inches.
- Along with that, a depth of 18inches makes it very spacious.
- A laptop sleeve is available.
- It weighs 810g.
- This product is suitable for both men and women.
- It has three compartments which will allow you to do your packing more efficiently.
- The product is of a brand with a good reputation. This gives reliability to customers.
- The product fails to be waterproof.
- Trolley support for the bag is not available.
- The price is a bit high compared to other products with almost similar specifications
5. Inlander A2ZIL1007TBBP Rucksack
If you are more of a hiking person and prefer rucksacks over backpacks, then this is your product. With a stylish yet casual look, this backpack is good to go with you for adventures or hiking. And with the double padded straps for extra comfort, it serves as the cherry on the cake.
- It has a capacity of 70L
- Has one compartment along with two pockets.
- It is also waterproof.
- The polyester material is used for the bag.
- It is provided with a hip strap and adjustable shoulder straps.
- Also has a one-piece handle strap
- The bag has a width of 320mm and a height of 680mm.
- The weight of the bag itself is 1500gm.
- It is provided with zip closure for security.
- The size is larger than the average size of a backpack for you to fit in more stuff you need.
- The hip and adjustable shoulder straps help to adjust the weight of the bag uniformly.
- Its double padding feature makes the bag a comfortable one to carry around.
- The material of the bag is light and durable with a casual look to it.
- This is suitable for men only.
- Trolley support to the bag is not available.
- The material might not be very promising for a long tenure.
6. Fur Jaden Grey Backpack
Bring out the aesthetical fashion statement within you while exploring cities with this Fur Jaden Grey Backpack. Its lightweight and durability will get you all along the day, keeping your stylish, bold look on point.
- The capacity of 20L is available
- The material of the product is of artificial leather.
- Product is compatible with a laptop by providing a laptop sleeve
- It is waterproof in nature
- Width of 30inches, the height of 42inches, and depth of 16inches make it spacious enough.
- A charging extension is provided with the bag.
- The empty bag weighs 400gm.
- Has a warranty of 6 months against manufacturing defect
- This backpack is suitable for both men and women.
- The laptop sleeve of the bag can hold a laptop of around 16.5inches.
- The design of this backpack is anti-theft.
- The USB charging is a plus point of this backpack and lets you charge your devices on the go.
- This bag can be used for casual purposes like college/school by students and by office goers too.
- The bag provides only one compartment to stuff all your belongings.
- No trolley support is available for this product.
7. Wildcraft Alpinist Rucksack
For the travelers who like to explore that one more destination or trek that one extra mile, Wildcraft Alpinist Rucksack brings you the apt product.
- Width of 330mm and a height of 760mm is crafted
- The material used is of 210D nylon ripstop
- Has a capacity of 55L
- One compartment with five pockets are available
- Adjustable shoulder strap and the hip strap is embedded with padding features
- Has a textured pattern
- Bag weighs 2220gm
- Zipper closure is provided for safety reasons
- Eight months of domestic warranty is available
- The backpack material trusted on its durability and endurance to damages for a long tenure.
- The sleeping bag carrier on the hood and carry mat straps at the bottom is beneficial for trekking.
- Absence of trolley support to the backpack.
8. Skybags Footloose Colt02 Backpack
Skybags Footloose Backpack can be your companion to a short trip to your favorite destination. It’s cool, casual, and vibrant look will not fail to attract eyes.
- Capacity of 29L
- Made of polyester material
- Three compartments and one pocket in front
- The bag is waterproof in nature
- Has a 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Suitable for both men and women.
- The look of the bag is attractive for which it can be used for other purposes too.
- Trolley support is unavailable.
- No laptop sleeve is available in this backpack.
- The rain cover is not supplied.
9. Victorinox VX Touring Backpack
This can be the best option for a global traveler for its high weather resistance and comfort.
The security of the backpack is ensured by the lockable zippers too. Its clever construction will allow you to pack all your essentials in an organized fashion.
- Capacity of 25L
- Multi-purpose side stretch pockets for umbrellas or water bottles
- Single compartment
- Waterproof material
- Weights 950g
- The material used is polyester
- A global warranty period of 10 years
- It is suitable for both men and women.
- An adjustable sternum strap evenly distributes the weight of the entire load.
- Padded backpack straps and a padded back panel is provided for some extra comfort.
- The water-resistant zippers keep the backpack from getting drenched at all.
- It has got no rain cover with it.
- Laptop chamber is not available separately within the backpack.
- Although it has a pretty high cost, its popularity is not that widespread.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Different types of travel backpack
The different types of travel backpacks are as follows:
- Wheeled backpacks
- Duffel Bags
- Travel Packs
2. What is the best day-pack for Travelling?
The best day-pack for traveling are as follows:
3. What is a day-pack vs. backpack?
A backpack could be any kind of bag that you carry on your shoulders. It includes a hiking backpack, rucksack, laptop bag, etc. On the other hand, a day back is a one-day travel backpack. It is more light-weight and compact in size, allowing you to pack essentials only for a single day.
4. What is a good size backpack for Travelling?
The ideal size for a travel backpack is 60 L.
The perfect backpack is just a myth. Although there is no such thing as a universally perfect backpack, you can choose your own backpack according to your requirements.
For a long trip with trekking, climbing mountains or hiking, a rucksack would be a preferred one. On the other hand, for a casual trip to your favorite city or town, a casual backpack will do just fine.
Choose your backpack on the number of things you need to carry. To a destination of a city, you do not require much to carry, but you do need on mountain tops. Hence, packing minimal luggage is best while traveling.