Best Travel Backpacks
Doesn’t the travel freak within us love to explore the beautiful landscapes’ panoramic sights, scale the mountain’s peaks, and dive into the mesmerizing marine life? Truly, travelling brings about enriching and soul-satisfying experiences like nothing else.
Travelling is a great liberating force that unlocks you from within and provides rejuvenating experiences for your mind, body, and soul. An avid traveller loves to travel lightly without carrying much baggage of stuff and life, and a well-designed travel backpack helps with that.
Choosing a travel backpack makes up an important part of any travel plan. It provides ample space for organizing the traveller’s clothes, and it is designed to withstand the rigours of outdoor travelling easily.
10 Best Travel Backpacks in India
Travel Backpacks Buyer’s Guide
Opening – clam-shell or top opening
It is important to check the type of opening before deciding on the bag you wish to purchase. A top-opening travel bag comes with a drawstring to close it from the top. This makes it difficult to reach for the things placed at the bottom of the bag.
A clam-shell opening is a more convenient option to consider. These types of bags help you reach things much more easily and instantly.
The bag should come with shoulder and waist straps. Ensure that the straps are adjustable and padded well. This allows the weight to be evenly distributed on your shoulders so that you don’t feel burdened. The padded cushioning also adds to the comfort.
On the other hand, Waist straps will distribute the weight evenly to the entire body and not just on the shoulders. Hence, it prevents backaches and sore shoulders.
Weight of the Bag
The first point to keep in mind while buying a backpack is the weight of the pack. You will carry that on your shoulders throughout the tour and wouldn’t want a backache for sure.
Getting a heavy bag along with all the packed stuff will just keep adding to the total weight. Also, it might lead you to drop some of your essentials for the trip. Instead, a lightweight backpack would save you from an additional unwanted load.
Bag size and capacity
Packing sufficient and minimal belongings is the key for a trip to be enjoyable and comfortable. Luggage packed under 50L is of an ideal type.
Airports also have limits on the weight of the bag that you carry. Carrying a big-fat backpack will not only slow you down but also irritate the public around you.
Hence pick up a bag with smaller size and optimal capacity you think will do, depending on the trip’s tenure. Smaller the bag, easier it is for you to carry it around. So, do not forget to look at the bag’s capacity mentioned in the product description.
Material and its durability
Of course, you wouldn’t want your backpack to degrade itself after a few days of usage. Buying a bag from a branded company with some extra bucks rather than going for a cheap one, which is usually low in quality will be intelligent.
Plus, the tenure of the product increases with the input of good quality material. You should be able to reuse a backpack for 5 to 6 hours at the least.
Also, check out for the ones with thin and durable materials. That would increase the capacity of the backpack too. Materials like sailcloth, Cordura nylon, ballistic nylon, rip-stop nylon are a few which you should be on a lookout for.
Resistance to weather conditions
While talking about the backpack material, one more point to keep in mind is the weather resistance of the material. Getting your backpack soiled and hamper your belongings is the biggest turn down for a tour.
Hence, make sure to look out for some waterproof (rain covers) and dust-proof materials. Materials like sailcloth are very effective for water resistance while rip-stop nylon, as the name suggests is resistant to rips and tears.
Organizing inside the bag
Packing the entire stuff in an organized fashion is of prime concern for every traveller. Rucksacks become inconvenient because a lot has to be unpacked every time you need something to be taken out from the bottom.
Having defined compartments in the backpack rather than a big hollow sack makes the job a lot easier.
In case compartments are not available for your choice of the backpack, you can opt for packing cubes. That will help you separate your clothes from your gadgets inside the hollow space.
The comfort of the pack
The convenience of the backpack is also essential as you might have to carry that for long hours. Firstly, the backpack straps should match your body type. Else, a mismatch might lead you to back pain.
High quality foamed thinner straps are more comfortable than the thicker ones. Bags with load lifters can also be an excellent option to adjust the total weight.
Secondly, the back panel should be comfortable enough and have some ventilation in humid areas.
Thirdly, hip belts can be beneficial for heavy backpacks. It adjusts the bag weight uniformly on the body.
Safety systems of the backpack
The utmost feature to look forward to in a backpack is its safety system. Lockable zippers can prevent your bag from thieves to zip off and flee with your belongings.
Materials like ballistic nylon and Cordura are stronger, which prevents your bag from getting sliced by sharp knives to some extent. Some companies have a mesh-like structure as prevention for such thefts.
10 Best Travel Backpacks
1. Wildcraft 45 Ltrs Rucksack
Wildcraft rucksack is ergonomically designed to meet the travelling requirements of the adventurers. It features durable construction with lightweight and strong aerobic fabric that makes it an ideal rucksack to take on the toughest outdoor trips with ease.
It comes with shoulder height and depth adjusters that provide snugly fitting on your back when you traverse the rough terrains and winding roads.
- This rucksack is ergonomically built with the travel freaks in mind as it assists in providing immense comfort while minimizing the weight of the pack
- It comes in appealing grey and orange colour
- The outer material of the bag is prepared from nylon
- It features a top-loading design with a drawstring closure for ensuring fast and convenient access
- It is a water-resistant rucksack that measures 56.8 cms x 33.6 cms x 5.4 cms (LxWxH) in dimensions
- It comes with 45 litres capacity, and its strengthened haul loop helps you to take on heavier loads
- It easily shares your burden of heavier load during hiking and trekking through the outdoors that require a lot of items to pack
- It comes with an improved back system that feels comfortable for the traveller
- It is fitted with numerous pockets for packing and accessing your outdoor essentials conveniently
- It is prepared with abrasion-resistant material and high tensile strength fabric for easily withstanding the harsh conditions of tough outdoor treks and hikes
- This multi-functional rucksack is suitable for all types of climate and terrain including jungle safaris of the south or Himalayan winters of the north
- It is a perfect rucksack for enjoying your outdoor hikes and treks
- It is designed to help you travel the long journey through tough conditions and terrains
- This rucksack bag helps you to carry all your outdoor essentials
- It provides extra storage space and provides comfortable fitting for long travelling, hiking, trekking, and other outdoor activities
- It is a unisex rucksack that is equally useful for both males and females
- It does not feature cushioned waist or hip support
- It does not have a separate space for keeping shoes
2. Polestar 44 Ltr Rucksack
Polestar 44 litres rucksack is a versatile and sporty backpack that is constructed from polyester. It features a top-opening design that provides easy and fast access to your essentials.
It comes with mesh padding on the back panel for providing immense comfort even during hot climatic conditions.
It is a multi-functional backpack that can be carried in two ways, including carrying it on your back and shoulders with back straps and an extra front handle for holding it in hand.
- It is a sleek and lightweight hiking backpack that features a trendy and sporty design that seems perfect for daily or school travel
- It comes with 44 litres capacity and is designed for carrying your essentials
- It comes with padded handles and shoulder straps for easy carrying
- It has bottle holders for keeping water or juice bottles.
- It comes with four compartments, 1 top load zipper pocket, 1 zipper front pocket, and 1 large main compartment for carrying everything you need during your outdoor treks or hikes
- It comes with a rain cover bottom pocket for packing rain cover and 2 side mesh pockets for keeping your belongings
- It is prepared from polyester material that provides enhanced durability and toughness
- It features a wrinkle-free and shrink-free design due to its fibres that don’t wear down quickly
- It measures 56 cm x 28 cm x 28 cm in dimensions and it weighs only 0.58 kgs
- It comes with an easy to organize design that helps packs all your essential stuff for long travelling
- It has a padded back, drawstring closure, umbrella holder, and bottle holder compartment
- It features matte finishing, and it has military camouflage colour with the black combination
- The front side of the bag has a white and vertical reflector strip for enhanced safety at night
- It is not oversized and can be used for day-to-day usage
- This stylish and durable backpack features multiple compartments for helping you to organize your stuff easily
- It features cute and suave looks that help you to showcase your style statement
- It does not feature a separate shoe compartment
3. Polestar 55 liters Rucksack
Polestar 55 litres rucksack is a versatile and trekking backpack that is prepared from polyester fabric. It features a top opening compartment and drawstring closure that ensure quick & easy access to various essentials.
It comes with mesh padding on the back panel that provides great comfort even during harsh summer days. It can be carried both on your back and by using its front handle. It is a robust hiking and trekking backpack that comes with a rain cover.
- It features a navy blue unisex backpack that is prepared from durable PU coated polyester fabric
- This backpack comes with a large carrying capacity of 55 litres
- This bag looks trendy and stylish with its light blue colour undertones that provide a neutral look and benefits over excessive dust collection
- It features 2 main and an extra compartment that offers ample storage space for packing your yoga mat, foldable tents, camping gear, and other essentials
- It has mesh pockets on either side for holding bottles
- It comes with a rain cover placed inside the bottom pocket so that you can enjoy your hiking even during bad weather
- This bag provides enhanced durability and long-lasting protection due to its heavy-duty water-proof and durable fabric
- It is a spacious backpack that measures 62 cm x 35 cm x 24 cm in dimensions
- It is a lightweight rucksack that provides organized storage and easy access with its zippered main compartment, front long zippered pocket, top zipper pocket, and two side net pockets
- It comes with a separate spacious shoe compartment that is located outside so that you can easily access the pair of shoes without upsetting your other stuff
- This rucksack comes with two adjustable back straps for placing a yoga mat or foldable tents that cannot be packed inside the backpack
- It comes with ergonomic S-curved straps that assist in spreading the weight around and provide improved flexibility and movability to your arms
- It is ideal for use as a camping bag, rucksack, trekking bag, and hiking backpack
- It features double dotted and waterproof polyester that provides effective protection against all weather conditions
- It is an ergonomically designed backpack that is suitable for every traveller across ages, genders, and reasons
- It comes with a padded base, shoulder straps, and back straps that provide immense comfort and support for carrying heavy items for long journeys
- It is ideally suitable for trekking, camping, overnight trip, hiking, or biking
- It is a unisex backpack that is suitable for both men and women
- It comes with breathable mesh sponge padding that ensures a comfortable journey and proper air circulation throughout the day
- No negative points were observed so far
4. Trawoc 50 Ltr Backpack
Trawoc 50 Ltr travel backpack is built with premium quality material that enables you to move in style whenever you travel. It is a rucksack backpack that is specially designed for trekking and hiking.
It is a lightweight, compact, and compatible rucksack that features durable built for adventure. Its top zipper compartment and padded mesh design provide great convenience and comfort while travelling.
- It is a spacious hiking backpack that comes with a large capacity of 50 litres
- This large backpack features a laptop sleeve within the main compartment
- It comes with many buckles, convenient pockets, and straps for providing convenient adjustment of the travel stuff
- It is prepared from highly durable polyester material that makes it an enduring and long-lasting backpack
- It provides robust safety of the inside stuff and shows effective resistance to wear and tear
- It is a trendy and stylish backpack that comes in a blend of grey and red colours that imparts its exquisite, chic, and smart looks
- It measures 61 x 32 x 21 cm in dimensions and weighs 750 grams
- It is prepared from water-proof material that makes it suitable for withstanding rain, heat, and other extreme situations
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase
- It has a separate shoe compartment that is spacious enough for accommodating a pair of shoes
- It features mesh pockets that are stretchable and suitable for keeping water bottles. You can easily access water bottles from these pockets while hiking or trekking
- It features S-shaped and thick padded shoulder straps that provide a comfortable fitting and exceptional carrying comfort
- It provides up to triple times more space than any normal backpack bag
- It is a smart and multi-utility backpack bag that optimally serves your travel needs during hiking, sports, and camping trips
- It is ideally suitable for tough mountaineering expeditions
- It is designed to be compatible with all types of weather conditions including scorching heat, chilled winters, and heavy rains
- It is a multipurpose rucksack backpack that complements your athletic and venturesome attitude
- You can also use the shoe compartment for keeping your travel laundry separate from tidy clothes
- The shoulder straps are designed to spread the weight equally so that you don’t feel burdened while carrying your bag for long hours
- There is no strong and sturdy partition between the pockets
5. Fur Jaden 55 LTR Rucksack –
Fur Jaden rucksack is a 55 Ltr travel backpack that comes in black and grey colour. It is a unisex backpack that works great for both male and female adventurers. It comes with a large compartment size that makes it suitable for fitting many pairs of clothes easily.
This travel backpack features many pockets for keeping your accessories. It has separate pockets for keeping water bottles and shoes. It also has external clips for holding your yoga mat on the backside of this rucksack.
- It is an ergonomically designed travel backpack that features cushioned, comfortable, and sturdy backpack for providing convenient commuting experiences
- It comes with a side mesh pocket on either side for carrying water bottles
- It has a separate shoe compartment for keeping your shoes isolated from your neat clothes and other accessories
- It is multi-utility travel gear that is designed for adventurous treks and hikes. It not only allows you to carry all your essential belongings but also features multiple straps for carrying extra stuff like a yoga mat
- This backpack is designed with spacious interior compartments that ensure better organization and convenient access. It provides ample space for keeping your daily necessities like clothes, first-aid kit, sleeping bag, umbrella, etc; in an organized manner
- It is prepared from water-resistant polymer polyester material that imparts its durability for withstanding all types of weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, and heavy rains
- It measures 35 cms x 25 cms x 65 cms (LxWxH) in dimensions and it weighs only 700 grams
- It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty against manufacturing defects
- It is a trendy backpack that is suitable for travellers, hikers, bikers, trekkers, college students, and school students
- It comes with additional clips on both sides of the rucksack that are suitable for carrying climbing equipment, and camera stands, etc
- Its shoulder straps and waist straps ensure balanced weight distribution for comfortable carrying while accommodating all your stuff easily
- Its compact size makes it a better alternative to bulky rucksacks. It stays comfortable even while carrying it for long hours
- It is an ideal travelling gear that provides comfortable carry during hiking or trekking
- It comes with multiple pockets for storing your essentials and accessories like medicines, chargers, cameras, phones, tablets, etc
- It does not come with a rain cover
- It does not have a separate laptop compartment
6. Skybags Backpack
Skybags Brat 8 Backpack is a product that is comfortable and spacious enough to carry all your belongings in an organized fashion. Apart from its features, it comes at a very affordable price.
Not only tourists and trekkers, but also college going students can opt for this one.
- 25L of capacity
- Has a width of 18.8inches, depth of 4.72inches and a height of 12.5 inches
- The material is a combination of polyester and fabric
- Two compartments along with front stash pocket, dual straps, mesh bottle holder and padded handles
- 12 months of international warranty is available
- The backpack comes at an extremely pocket-friendly price
- Front pockets and mesh a holder on the side makes the bag an organized one to pack up stuff
- The light weight of the backpack also makes it easy to carry for a longer tenure
- Padded straps and handles make the bag a comfortable one
- This product is ideal for men only
- A lack of a laptop sleeve makes it incompatible with carrying laptops
- No rain cover is available with the product
7. F Gear 25 L Backpack
If you want to opt for a backpack with a fashionable statement, F Gear Luxur backpack is the one for you. Its sleek design with the leather finish makes it eye-catching. The full-featured pack also makes space for all your belongings in an organized manner.
- Has a capacity of 25L
- A padded laptop compartment is available
- Dimensions: 31 cms x 18 cms x 44 cms (L x W x H)
- The bag is 800g in weight
- The material is artificial leather
- Has a warranty of 12 months
- Two separate compartments allow you to organize your stuff properly
- This bag is provided with multiple zip pockets on the exterior for keeping the handy things
- It comes at a pocket-friendly price too
- This backpack is ideal for men only
- No rain cover is available with the product
- There is a lack of trolley support to the bag
8. Aristocrat 45 L Backpack
This lightweight Aristocrat rucksack travel bag will allow you to carry all your essentials in an organized manner. It is made using polyester. Hence, it is resistant to wear and tear.
Also, the straps are padded well to ensure you a comfortable travel experience. Moreover, the bag is sleek yet rugged, giving you a complete suave look. This is a great choice for a durable, useful, and stylish travel bag.
- The capacity of this rucksack bag: 45 Liters
- It has three compartments including a shoe compartment, an organizer, mesh pockets and utility pockets
- Capable of storing a laptop up to the size of 17 inches
- The bag has a classy rectangular shape design
- It has a zipper-type closure
- Made using tough polyester material
- The straps of the bag are padded
- 12 months warranty
- The bag is tough, durable, and resistant to shrinking or wrinkling
- It comes with multiple compartments and hidden pockets, allowing you to store all your essentials in an organized manner
- Lightweight design and padded straps make it comfortable for you to carry
- Rugged yet sleek and stylish design
- Build quality of the bag could be better
- It does not have a rain cover
9. VIP Backpack
To travel around for official or business purposes, this backpack is the best option. With this product, you have the option to carry your laptop and all office organizers along with you at ease.
Hence, for professional purposes, VIP Radian Laptop Backpack is the best-suited one.
- Has a capacity of 27L
- Dimensions: 47 cms x 34 cms x 18 cms (LxWxH)
- A laptop sleeve is available
- It weighs 550g
- This product is suitable for both men and women
- It has three compartments which will allow you to do your packing more efficiently
- The product is of a brand with a good reputation. This gives reliability to customers
- The product fails to be waterproof
- Trolley support for the bag is not available
- The price is a bit high compared to other products with almost similar specifications
10. Victorinox Backpack
This can be the best option for a global traveller for its high weather resistance and comfort.
The security of the backpack is ensured by the lockable zippers too. Its clever construction will allow you to pack all your essentials in an organized fashion.
- Multi-purpose side stretch pockets for umbrellas or water bottles
- Single compartment
- Waterproof material
- Weights 900g
- The material used is polyester
- A global warranty period of 10 years
- It is suitable for both men and women
- An adjustable sternum strap evenly distributes the weight of the entire load
- Padded backpack straps and a padded back panel is provided for some extra comfort
- The water-resistant zippers keep the backpack from getting drenched at all
- It has got no rain cover with it
- Laptop chamber is not available separately within the backpack
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different types of travel backpacks?
The different types of travel backpacks are as follows:
- Wheeled backpacks
- Duffel Bags
- Travel Packs
2. What is the best day-pack for travelling?
The best day-pack for travelling are:
3. What is a day-pack vs backpack?
A backpack could be any kind of bag that you carry on your shoulders. It includes a hiking backpack, rucksack, laptop bag, etc.
On the other hand, a day back is a one-day travel backpack. It is more lightweight and compact in size, allowing you to pack essentials only for a single day.
4. What is a good size backpack for travelling?
The ideal size for a travel backpack is 60 L.
A well-crafted and ergonomically designed travel backpack enable you to enjoy immersive travel adventures without worrying about your luggage. It uniformly distributes the weight so that you don’t feel a burden on your shoulders and back.
It features various pockets and multiple compartments inside for keeping your clothes, camera, laptop, chargers, and other belongings securely and conveniently. Its adjustable straps provide perfect fitting while carrying it on back.
Our top picks are Polestar 55 Liters Rucksack, Trawoc 50 Ltr Backpack and Skybags Backpack.
A travel backpack is designed to provide exceptional convenience, improved mobility, and easy-carrying compared to other alternatives like handbags or suitcases. It ensures you do what you are supposed to do on travel, i.e. explore the world and culture around you.