5 Best Sunscreen Lotions
Applying sunscreen has become a necessity due to the amount of sun rays and pollution we are exposed to. Be it any season it is always advisable to apply sunscreen before stepping out of the home. An effective sunscreen will protect your body from the sun rays, and prevent those annoying coloration from appearing on your body.
Being cautious about the kind of lotion you get to protect your body from the sun, you want something safe, approved, and have passed the entire necessary test. This is because of the various warning from health experts on the kind of sunscreen products available and that consumers should be careful of the type of product they buy from the market.
Top 5 Sunscreen Lotions
Why Should I use sunscreen?
Well, you will only find yourself to blame if you neglect to get a sustainable sunscreen. Let me share some points on why you should use sunscreen, as shown below:
- You will be leaving your skin to the effect of premature aging when you choose not to use sunscreen. The rays of the sun that penetrates the skin can cause aging of the skin if left unprotected on your summer outing.
- Your skin begins to wrinkle when exposed too long to the sun. This is one of the effects of the sun’s heat waves directly on the skin.
- Sagging of the skin is another effect of too much exposure to the sun. Do not get deceived that sagging can be caused alone by just fats. Exposure to the sun might leave the body weak, and this will make it start falling apart.
- One of the most commonly known effects of sun rays on the skin is the melanin deposit. It exposes your skin to the rays of the sun when the upper skin layers are burned off and damages the inner structure of the skin.
- Skin cancer can be prevented by using sunscreen lotion to protect your skin. Cancer is one of the major concerns why dermatologists advise people to protect their skin from sunlight.
How to apply sunscreen
You have to get it right when you apply sunscreen for it to take effect on the body. Using it the wrong way will not protect your body from the sun rays. You should follow the steps shown below to get it right with sunscreen:
- Don’t be stingy with your sunscreen lotion; you should apply it thick on the body. Using less of sunscreen will not affect the body. Also, you have to use the appropriate amount of sunscreen, let’s say to apply a tablespoon thick of sunscreen lotion.
- You can use sunscreen first before applying your moisturizer for proper protection. You can skip this if you are using a sunscreen made of zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
- You do not have to use sunscreen only when going to the beach or sunbathing. You should apply it daily to avoid the sun rays for casually getting into your skin when walking on the subway or taking a walk in the street.
- You should take note that sunscreen does not take effect instantly, so you should apply it 30 minutes before going into the sun. This will help the screen to settle and protect your skin from the harsh sun from penetrating the layers.
- If you desire the sunscreen to take instant effect, use the ones that are made up of zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. These lotions will take effect immediately, and you can apply them as you want to go out.
- Another important note to take about sunscreen lotion is that they wear off quickly. So it is advisable to apply these lotions at most every 90 minutes for adequate protection.
You should ensure that you apply the lotion properly or else there is no point in using them in the first place.
Buyers Guide for Sunscreen
With so many sunscreen products online, we are going to guide you on how to buy sunscreen products.
The first step is to visit a dermatologist and know what will be suitable for your skin. You should be able to the kind of ingredients suitable for your skin and what to afford.
Search for a suitable product that is popular with a renowned brand name. If you are using sunscreen for the first time, ensure that you go for a popular product.
The next step is to research the product. Search for what the product is made reviews of the products online. You will get first-hand experience and knowledge of those who have used the product. This will help you make a decision on the product.
Effect of the lotion
Ensure that you take note of the changes that occur when using a new product for the first time. The effect will depend if you will buy the product again.
Top 5 Sunscreen lotion Online
Save yourself the stress of going through the numerous sunscreen lotion online as we bring you the top products that will be suitable for you.
5 Best Sunscreens
1. Lakme Sun Expert Sunscreen Lotion SPF 24 PA – Editor’s pick for women
The Lakme sun body screen gives you 97% protection from the sun’s rays and can be applied effectively by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer. This sunscreen provides instant relief when applying to the skin, for it softens and aids in making the skin glow.
It feels comfortable on the skin, as it is not sticky, nor does it have a greasy feel on the body. It is extremely lightweight when applied to the body.
- It gives thorough protection to the skin up to 97% protection from sun rays.
- It is suitable for everyday outdoor activities for it is lightweight, non-greasy and does not stick.
- It is suitable for all kinds of skin and blends easily.
- You do not have to worry about tanning with this product.
- Keep your skin from going dry as it moisturizes the skin.
- It is affordable
- It is hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested.
- It gives a particular smell that may be annoying to some people.
- It is only suitable for women.
2. Neutrogena Sunblock SPF 50+ – Ultra Sheer Suncreen
Get the Ultra Sheer sunscreen with a mixture of sheer that protects the skins well as nourish the skin. It is perfect for your daily use as it does not make one sweat profusely when outdoors. You should apply it 15 to 20 minutes before going out for it to provide 97% protection from sun rays.
It keeps your skin dry, suitable for people with oily skin. It is waterproof and can be used for sport, although you have to reapply the sunscreen after some time.
- Prevent tan and unnecessary distortion when hit with sun rays.
- It does not stick nor cause sweating and ensure the comfort of use.
- Feels good on your face and soften the face.
- Anti-aging sunscreen as it prevents ultra-sun rays from entering the skin.
- Protection from extended sun exposure.
- It contains oat kernel extracts and is equipped with helioplex technology
- It contains paraben which may be harmful.
3. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sunblock SPF 40 – Total Sunscreen Protection
Get total sunscreen protection from one of the top brands, Lotus. They have continued to impress and produce a product that is safe to use. One of the best products out there that do not contain any chemicals and safe to use on any skin type. It is smooth on the skin, provides sun protection even in the rain as it is water-resistant.
It is made up of birch, mallow, and hops extract. With the protection of the skin against UV rays, it reduces the aging of the skin. It does not stick to the skin and good for men with oily skin. You should apply 20 minutes before going to the sun.
- It is suitable for all skin and safe for use according to a dermatologist.
- It is paraben-free, contains no silicon, colors, or mineral oil, so it is safe to use
- An anti-aging sunscreen that keeps the skin moist and fresh
- It offers total protection from the sun’s rays.
- It is Cruelty-free, 100% vegan, and gluten-free.
- It blends to your skin for a unique matte finish.
- You can use it for outdoor activities
- The formulation is lightweight, non-greasy, and has a mattifying effect.
- It prevents sunburn, tanning, redness, etc.
- It is suitable for just men
- You have to reapply frequently for it to remain active
4. Biotique Bio Morning Nectar SPF 30+ – Best winter skin protection
The Biotique sunscreen lotion is suitable for men and women to use before they go out in the morning. Containing nectar from a plant with other natural products to provide natural healing of the skin.
It soothes the skin, protecting it against the rays of the sun and removes tan. An anti-aging sunscreen that can be used daily for the protection of your skin. Apply to the face and neck 15 to 30 minutes before leaving the house in the morning.
- You can wear it alone or under makeup for daily protection.
- Perfect during the winter period for rejuvenation of your skin.
- Obliterate tan from the body.
- A natural product that is blended with pure honey, seaweed, and wheat germ.
- It nourishes and brightens the skin.
- It is suitable for all skin types and for men and women as well.
- You may experience sweat when used in the summer.
5. Vaseline Body Lotion SPF 30 – Protection from sun rays and pollution
Vaseline gives the skin a shining luster as it protects your face from sun rays and pollution that is associated with urban cities. It is easy to apply directly to your skin, moisturizer, and gives a smooth feel to the skin.
It is suitable for daily use, proving protection and replenish the skin. It is good for all types of skin and in all-weather conditions.
- It contains vitamin B3 and other elements that reduce skin damage and cause the skin to glow.
- For the protection of the skin from pollution
- It is useful in industrial areas.
- It is ideal for the removal of black spots on the skin
- Prevent aging of the skin
- Healing of damaged skin.
- Suitable for men and women.
- It can cause sweat and unease when used on oily skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most times, people are left with questions on the usefulness and importance of sunscreen lotion on the body. Here are some questions often asked by users on why they should apply sunscreen lotion and how often should they apply the lotion in a week.
1. Is it suitable to use sunscreen lotion daily?
Yes. Sunscreen lotion is suitable for everyday use. You should protect your skin whenever going out. You must apply it every morning. Most people believe that sunscreen is just for a summer outing or for those on the beach.
2. How do you protect your eyes from the sunscreen lotion?
To protect your eyes from sunscreen lotion, one should close their eyes when applying sunscreen on the body. It causes irritation and should be washed off immediately; it enters the eyes.
3. What is SPF, and what SPF do dermatologists recommend?
SPF, which is the Sun Protection Factor, is the time the sunscreen will protect your skin from rays from the sun. A dermatologist usually recommends at least 20 minutes to reapply sunscreen when under the rays of the sun.
4. Do I need different sunscreen for my face?
No, you do not need different sunscreen for your face. You should avoid getting sunscreen directly to your eyes.
5. Can I apply makeup after using sunscreen?
Using sunscreen should not prevent you from using makeup on your face. Ideally, you should apply sunscreen on the face before using makeup.
6. How safe is it to use sunscreen daily?
We highlight some of the best sunscreens, and also those made up of organic and naturally occurring products. You should note that this sunscreen contains no chemicals or preservatives, so they have no adverse effect on the body.
It is safe to use them regularly on your face daily.
7. How many times a day should I apply sunscreen?
If you are on a beach or sunbathing, you should apply sunscreen at least every 90minutes. Sunscreen lotions usually lose their efficacy quicker than we thought. So it is important to keep your skin protected, you should apply it at intervals of time.
Now that we have understood that you should use sunscreen daily and not when you are going to the beach. Since it is an everyday accessory, getting the right lotion is essential. Sharing some of the best sunscreens, you can find online; you can make your choice from this list. Learn how to apply them effectively for optimal protection and preservation of your skin. Keep your skin glowing and safe with the products mentioned above.