Best Step Ladder for Home Use in India
It’s extremely dangerous to balance stools and chairs when you need to reach high shelves in your house. A ladder is one of the safest options for you when you need to reach high heights.
With a ladder, you can reach roofs, ceilings, and high shelves in your kitchen when you need to store your groceries. Although it is a simple piece of equipment, it is extremely important to exercise caution and wisdom when purchasing one, as there are many in the market.
For most DIY projects, a step ladder comes in handy. It will give you support when you need something to lean against, like painting or doing some simple constructions beyond your reach. Ensure that you get stable and secure and can balance your weight effectively for you to complete the chores at hand.
In this article, you will find a comprehensive buying guide to help you make the right choice, along with our top recommended step ladders in India. Lastly, you will also find FAQ’s to solve all your queries.
Best Step Ladder for Home Use in India
Buying guide for the Best Step Ladder
Type of Ladder
It is important first to identify the type of ladder you wish to purchase. You must find one that is suitable for your needs. It will also enable you to make an informed decision. Here are the main types in the market;
Step Ladders – A step ladder is the most commonly used, and unlike the other types of ladders, this one is self-supportable. This means that you shall not need a wall or support for it to lean.
Extension ladders are also called straight ladders, and they are extremely helpful when reaching those high and hard to reach places. They have two main parts – a fly and a base. The base is placed on the ground firmly, while the fly is a movable part that can extend above the bed.
Platform ladders – These usually contain a platform and a front step. Ensure to make use of the top rail guard provided to provide maximum safety.
Step Stools – This one is excellent for regular everyday work in the house, especially when trying to reach the pantry and other high cabinets.
You should ensure to choose a ladder made of good quality material. Most of them are made of either fiberglass, wood, or aluminium. Each of these has its pros and cons. Here is a short review of them;
Aluminium – This one offers strength, versatility, and durability. It is an excellent material for step ladders, and it can handle lots of weight and remain intact. It is also lightweight, which is great as you have to keep moving it from one place to another when in use.
Wood – Wood is the most common of all step ladders, and it is advantageous since it is similar to aluminium in strength. It is also one of the most affordable options and is available for most home improvements. The only drawback is that it is quite heavy to move around.
Fiberglass – this one offers a compromise to the disadvantages of the other types of ladders. It is extremely strong and can handle any rough handling. It is also durable and will last you a very long time.
The ladder’s height is an extremely important consideration. This is because it will determine whether you shall reach the high places or not.
Always consider your height before buying a step ladder, so you do not end up with one that will not raise you as high as you want it to.
The weight is another important factor to consider when it comes to ladders. Their capacity usually ranges from 70-150 kgs.
This is important in its functioning because if you weigh more than it can hold, then it means you are likely to fall.
The usage can be different from one person to another.
If you require to use the ladder just for a short time, you could get one that is not made to last for long, which means it’s likely to be way cheaper, but if you are to use it over a long duration, look for a long-lasting one.
It’s common for people to store step ladders in their garage, but this is not always the only storage location. Ensure that you keep the ladder in a place that will avoid any mutilation, wear, and corrosion as these are likely to damage it.
Therefore, the foldable and articulated ladders are the best, as you can even keep them in the open, where they are not likely to rot.
A step ladder should be easy to move around from one place to another. We have already looked at the different materials used in making them, and therefore, finding one that will make it easy for you to move it around is a great idea.
Wood is quite heavy, but it is also a good option, although, if you find it heavy, there are plenty of other options that are easy to move around from one place to another.
Best 7 Step Ladder for Home Use
1. Bathla 5-Step Foldable ladder –
This is a pretty famous ladder from Bathla. It is a foldable aluminium-made ladder that measures 173 cms or 5.7 ft. It is one of the most functional product and comes with many excellent features, which include the following;
- It comes with anti-skid PVC shoes that prevent it from skidding whenever you climb on the ladder. This also makes it extremely safe for anyone to use.
- This ladder is super lightweight and can be carried around from one room to another, and you can also travel with it if you need to. It has a smart platform which makes it easy to balance.
- It can be used every day without wear and tear as it is made of high-quality steel material.
- The manufacturer will give you a five-year warranty with the ladder, which means that you can be assured of its durability and sturdiness.
- It is non-skid because of its anti-slip steps.
- It has a sure-hinge technology that reinforces its strength.
- It is portable and foldable, which makes it easy to store away.
- No negative points were observed
2. Bathla Advance Foldable Aluminum Ladder –
This is a 3-step ladder that comes with a sure-hinge technology that gives it strength on the floor. It is from the Bathla store. This is a classic ladder that provides good height to reach certain heights.
- The ladder is weather-resistant. It is built from high-grade aluminium and HDPE components which ensure that it is corrosion-resistant. It is designed for all sorts of weather and climate conditions.
- The sure-hinge feature ensures there is a double-locking joint which adds to its stability. It will give you a wobble-free experience whenever you use it.
- The ladder comes with anti-skid PVC shoes for a strong grip even on wet surfaces.
- It comes with slip-proof steps with an edge guard for extra safety
- It is of high quality and durable because of the premium quality products used.
- It is easy to open and use right away.
- No negative points were observed.
3. Trendy Foldable Ladder for Home and Kitchen –
This step ladder from Trendy Company comes in both yellow and black colour, and it is a 4 step ladder, which is ideal for most home and kitchen DIY projects. It’s extra strong, wide steps for stability while standing on the ladder.
- It is made of plastic material with a safety clutch that keeps it from moving. This is the anti-skid, which makes it sturdy.
- It measures 48x9x142 cms and can handle up to 150 kilograms, making it ideal for almost anyone who wishes to use it.
- It is corrosion-resistant and shall serve you for a long time due to its heavy frame structure. It is also ideal for all households and any other location you may wish to use it.
- It has an anti-skid because of the non-slip PVC shoes that keep it stable.
- It can handle 150 kgs which are quite a lot.
- The handgrip provided make it easy to climb on.
- No negative points were observed.
4. Plantex 4 step Aluminum Ladder –
This 4 Step foldable ladder is ideal for home use with its anti-skid feature that makes it stable on the ground as you carry out your DIY projects.
- It is made from an aluminium high-strength frame that is rubber-coated. This gives it wide steps and can be used for a very long time. It is extremely sturdy and safe compared to most other ladders.
- It comes in 5 x 56 x 149 cm measurements and can handle a load capacity of 150 kgs. The four wide steps have a strong grip on the ground, making it safe and comfortable.
- It is compact and portable.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Safe and extremely secure
- It is a little heavy to carry around.
5. Uberlyfe Metal Foldable Ladder –
This is a 2-step ladder from Uberlyfe that comes in black and can handle 150 kgs of weight. It is made of metal and weighs 7kg 10 gram. It is anodized coated for durability.
- It is made of heavy-duty powder, which is coated on steel metal for extra durability. This also makes it extremely strong and sturdy.
- It is a foldable ladder that can fit comfortably between 2 cupboards, making it very easy to store. You do not have to worry about where you shall keep it once you are done using it.
- It is made of steel, a highly durable metal, perfect for every kind of use, from commercial to home use.
- Made of high-quality materials for durability.
- It is small and foldable, which makes storage easy.
- Very less height.
6. Ladderman 4 step folding type ladder –
This is a microfiber 4-step ladder from the Ladderman store. It is an electrical and shock-free safety ladder ideal for all sorts of situations. This is a big ladder that can be useful for reaching certain heights.
- It is made of fibre, which is long-lasting and durable. Plus, it is safe and ideal, especially for home DIY projects.
- Its dimensions measure 161 x 51 x 15 cm and can handle a weight of up to 150 kgs, which gives wide coverage to people who can use it.
- This is a shockproof ladder that makes it easy for you to do electrical work ease—ideal for electricians.
- It has large non-slip rubber feet that keep it stable and safe on the ground. You do not have to worry about it moving while you work.
- It is shockproof because of the fiberglass material.
- It is a heavy-duty ladder that is strong but lightweight.
- It is a little costly.
7. Kisha foldable 5-step ladder –
This step ladder from Kisha is an aluminium ladder that measures 160 cms and 5.25 ft. It has the ideal height, which makes it ideal for electric use.
- It is made of Certified Aluminum material which is also ISO certified and safe. This step ladder can be trusted for any household.
- It is big enough for almost anyone who would love to use it and can handle enough weight on it.
- The ladder has PVC non-slippery material that ensures a very good grip on the floor while carrying out your DIY projects.
- It is strong and sturdy for both home and commercial use.
- The shoes of the ladder are made of PVC non-slipper material.
- It weighs just 2 kg 740 grams which makes it lightweight.
- It comes with a 5 year warranty
- It can not hold much weight.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should you avoid when using a step ladder to be safe?
When using a step ladder, you must avoid the following;
- Do not move more than one step at a time.
- Do not shift or walk when using the step ladder.
- Do not stand or sit on the ladder.
- Do not use it for support.
- Do not use it on wet or slippery floors.
- Do not place the ladder on barrels, or scaffolds, or boxes.
2. What should you always do before using the ladder?
Before using the ladder, always ensure that you do a “pre-use” check that ensures to check for any visual defects so you can tell that it is safe to use. This is what most people do. They shake the ladder and ensure that it is safe and sturdy on the floor.
3. Is there a rule to using the ladder?
Yes. There is a 4 to 1 rule; the ladder’s base must always be placed at least one foot from the wall and at least 4 feet from the building’s height where the ladder is placed. This is the 4 – to – 1 rule.
4. What should you do to ensure it doesn’t slip?
Well, most ladders come with a non-slip feature, but if it doesn’t, it is up to you to ensure that you keep it safe. Make use of the features for anti-slip to keep it safe when using it. In case it doesn’t have this, use the ladder stability device to keep it sturdy and safe.
5. What causes most ladder accidents?
Most accidents are usually caused by human error. This is one of the most common reasons. This is because ladders are usually designed with some safety features to ensure they do not slip and cause an accident.
Do not lengthen the ladder, and always ensure that you maintain at least 3 points of constant for the ladder to ensure stability.
Ladders have certainly evolved, and with our list above, you can tell that we have many different types of step ladders in the market to choose from.
You shall need a ladder for many different purposes in the house, such as changing bulbs, reaching top shelves, or undertaking a DIY project.
Our buying guide above gives you a glimpse into what you should look out for when searching for the right ladder for your home. To help you make the right choice, here are our top picks Bathla 5-step Foldable Ladder, Trendy Foldable Ladder and Plantex 4 step Ladder.
With so many choices to choose from, ensure that you get a ladder that shall suit your needs and is reasonably priced.