Top 10 Best Sports Bras
Think about it for a moment. You are in the gym working out or in the open engaging in your favorite game. Soon you start getting sweaty and short of breath. But you still want to get going.
As a woman, the last thing you want to worry about at that moment is your breasts swinging in every possible direction. The discomfort and the unwanted stares targeting the bouncing twins can be a real nightmare.
If you want to enjoy your leisure activities or quest for fitness, you need to think about getting the right sports bra.
But, how do you know what works given the countless options in the market? If that troubles you, relax.
In this article, we’ve done all the digging to present you with all the information you need to pick out the best sports bra. Before we go any further, let’s settle the basics.
In this article, you will find everything about sports bra right from what is sports bra, different types, various benefits, tips to consider before buying the sports bra along with the list of 10 best sports bra and a few FAQs
Top 10 Best Sports Bras
What is a sports bra?
As the name suggests, sports bras are used just like regular bras only that they are optimized for exercising and sporting activities. In other words, they are designed to keep the breast put in the face of the tension and movements typical of physical activities.
The nature of the construction ensures they deliver extra support hence limit breast movement while also guaranteeing comfort. Perhaps what differentiates them from ordinary alternatives that mainly counter gravity- these prevent the breasts from bouncing in all directions.
Otherwise, they are also made of soft and comfortable fabrics that absorb sweat and keep the body cool and dry.
Benefits of Sports Bra
If you exercise or engage in sports regularly, you’re already aware of how awkward it can get if the breasts are not held in place. The up-down, left-right motion is quite unpleasant and can reduce concentration and performance.
And it can be worse for those with bigger and heavy breasts as it can be painful, especially when the muscles are subjected to intense impact. A good quality sport comes in handy to provide firm support in effect, preventing the painful tension.
Helps avoid unnecessary attention
Swinging boobs can attract nasty stares and drooling faces, whether running on a treadmill or jogging around your neighborhood. And that can be outrageously annoying. A sports bra can save you from getting such unwanted attention by preventing your breasts from bouncing as you work out or play.
Makes workouts or sports tolerable
Besides the obvious advantages of keeping the breasts firmly in place, a sports bra can improve workout experience. How? A decent quality sports bra is made of the breathable moisture wicking fabric, which helps keep the body cool and dry. That way, you get to stay comfortable and more willing to keep going.
Types of Sports Bras
As you might expect, sports bra come in varying designs, styles, and patterns. But the options boil down to the following three categories.
Encapsulation sports bras
These come with dual cups for surrounding and supporting each breast separately. To a large extent, the design is similar to everyday bras. When it comes to using, encapsulation bras can help maintain the natural shape of the boobs by preventing bounce and strain.
Compression sports bras
Now, these mostly come in a pullover design and functions by compressing the breasts towards the chest wall. They are generally wire-free and do not have cups as part of the style. In use, compression sports bras are ideal for low to high impact activities.
Encapsulation-Compression sports bras
These are a hybrid design that created by blending compression and encapsulation styles. That means they are designed to restrict the breasts towards the body while also holding them firmly in two separate cups.
Crisscross sports bras
As you can get from the name, crisscross style sports bars are defined by intersecting strapping at the back. The design is impressive in providing firm and flexible support. Criss Cross bras are good-looking hence fantastic for those looking for something fashionable.
Racerback sports bras
The racerback style is perhaps the most available. Racerback bras are distinguished by shoulder straps that join together around the shoulder blades creating a Y like a shape.
Pullover sports bras
The pullover sports bras are simply tank tops with elastic bottom elastic band lining just below the breasts. They are mainly designed for low impact activity, provide full cover, and are especially suitable for supporting large breasts.
As a priority, you need to consider only products that you can fit comfortably. Depending on your body build and breast size, find a bra that is not too small or too large. Ideally, the right size should be worn without constraining the skin or breast muscles.
()While the fit may not exactly mirror your daily wear bra, it should be closer. To get the correct size, you can begin by taking measurements of your rib cage, the bust, and band then find the matching size. Bottom line, try finding something that offers adequate support without causing discomfort()
Sports bras are designed to provide varying levels of breast support. So, depending on the activities you engage in, you must choose a bra that delivers in line with the intensity of movements. Usually, the levels range from low to medium and high impact.
For the best results, go for the highest possible support even though they can, at times, feel too firm and less flexible. Remember to look out for other indicators of reliable support such as cup design, flexible straps, underwire, and padding.
Underwire vs. Wire-free
Wire-free bras are largely compression style while underwire features cups or padding around the bust areas. Although both styles offer great support, there are slight differences. To be specific, wire-free bras are considered incredibly comfortable and ideal for all manner of workouts and sporting activities.
On the flip side, it can be a little task to find the right fitting underwire sports bra. But, one positive thing is that underwire bras can provide sufficient support needed during high impact activities. Depending on your needs and preferences, go for the design that appeals to you more.
Like any other wearable, comfort is as crucial as the functionality. No one wants their breasts to stay put at the expense of pressured shoulders and back. To this end, there are two key determinants- the construction fabric and fit.
To ensure your comfort is guaranteed, find a product made of soft material and can fit you without feeling too tight and limiting movements. Similarly, look out for soft padding and sweat absorbing capabilities. That way, you’ll get adequate breast support while the body is kept cool and dry.
Sports bras come with different strapping styles, which, to an extent, influences the performance. The main styles include Crisscross that intersects at the back, a Tank top that is often flexible and has back closures, and Racerback that has straps coming together around the shoulder blades.
As you might expect, each style has its strengths. For instance, depending on the style, you can have the ability to fine-tune the fit or not. Nonetheless, ensure you choose a strapping that helps deliver optimal support without compromising comfort.
The band is another crucial component that you should strike your thinking when making the selection. Ideally, it is one of the parts that act as the foundation of support, given that it goes around the rib cage. When choosing, an ideal band should be wide enough to minimize pressure on the body while supplying adequate support.
A sports bra offers a subtle way to display your sense of style. While it will take a beating from sweat and odor associated with going physical, a little touch of beauty can inspire your confidence and keep you going. Therefore, in your quest for the best, consider details like color, patterned prints, shapes of strapping, and any other elements that can make the bra aesthetically pleasing.
10 Best Sports Bras
1. TWO DOTS Front Zipper Padded Sports Bra
The TWO DOTS sports bra is a multi-utility product suitable for wide-ranging physical activities such as gym workouts, yoga, dancing, jogging, and aerobics. It is made of high-quality fabric that not only provides necessary support but also helps keep the body cool.
Thanks to the cupped padding, it is optimized to offer support from all directions, in effect limiting breast movement. With it, you’ll enjoy a comfy work out whether you are into high impact or low impact activities.
- Features an open front zipper to allow hassle-free wearing and removal
- Comes with removable soft padding to provide optimal support
- Equipped with wide shoulder straps to limit pressure on the shoulders
- Made of high-performance scratch-resistant and quick-dry fabric that keeps the body cool by absorbing sweat
- Stylishly designed to make wearers look young and beautiful.
- Has an elastic band that provides reliable hold from below the breasts
- Comfortable to touch and wear
- Shock-proof package
- Ideal for high impact workouts
- Available in different sizes
- Works for all seasons
- Suitable for wider-ranging physical activities
- Hand washing
2. Enamor Padded Wire-free Medium-Impact Sports Bra
The Enamor brand is no stranger to sport’s wearable production, and this bra affirms its position as a top manufacturer of quality products.
To the specifics, this stylish sports bra is made of a blend of cotton and spandex fabric that guarantees both adequate support and comfort. The build material can absorb moisture allowing the body to stay cool and dry at all times when working out.
And while it is non-wired, it stands ideal wear for low and medium impact activities. In essence, you can exercise and keep fit by worrying about your breasts sagging from constant multi-directional movement.
- Made of quality 92% Cotton and 8% spandex material to ensure decent breast support
- Features power mesh to enhance air circulation and keep the body feeling dry and fresh
- Has wide keyhole back that enables quick take off after every workout
- Non-wired design to allow a flexible and comfortable fit
- Comes with removable pads to allow easy cleaning
- Has wide shoulder strapping to reduce pressure over the area of contact
- Perfect for medium-impact sport
- Keeps the body dry and fresh
- Good fit
- Stylish and sporty
- Pads tend to fold over time
3. Jockey Women’s Sports Bra
Looking for intimate wear that understands your body? The Jockey Women’s Seamless Sports Bra could be what you need to keep enjoying wide-ranging physical activities.
With a well-fitting design, it is ideal for light workouts and medium impact sports. You will be in a position to enjoy more freedom when executing movements because it keeps the breasts intact and minimizes the usual shaking discomfort.
But the real kicker lies in the stretchable cotton construction that guarantees superior support and comfort all at the same time
- Made of combed cotton elastane stretch fabric to provide superior comfort and allow maximum stretch in use
- Wire-free with a soft bottom elastic band to hold the bust firmly in place for all-day use
- Comes with closure with soft cushioned hook and eye fastener to allow hassle-free adjustment, to wear, and to take off
- Compression style design to reduce bouncing when actively engaged in sports or workouts
- Treated with Stay Dry technology and includes additional evaporation properties to help the user stay cool and dry all day long
- Features non-padded wire-free double-layer soft-molded cups to make light and breathable
- Has wide back straps to minimize pressure it exerts on the shoulders in effect allowing free shoulder movement
- Features back closure with racerback styling for optimal support
- Suitable for leisure and active lifestyle use
- Stylish with a great fit
- Perfect and neat stitch finishes
- Comfortable fabric to allow all-day use
- Seamless to keep it invisible under clothes
- Firm support
- No such cons were observed
4. BODYCARE Women’s Sports Bra
The BODYCARE Women’s Sports Bra is a decent product that brings sufficient support and comfort to work out routines.
Among its impressive features is the four-way stretch construction that ensures mobility remains unhindered and the breast and kept firmly in position.
Moreover, it boasts of soft, seamless cups that enhance the grip while limiting friction, virtually ensuring workouts are as comfortable.
Then again, the fabric can absorb moisture, so it helps keep the body dry and cool. It means one can go about their exercises and sporting activities without feeling overwhelmed by sweat.
In all, this sports bra by BODYCARE has nearly everything it takes to suit an active lifestyle.
- Soft, seamless cups with slim concealed pads that reduce friction and ensures a firm grip
- Broad shoulder straps for a comfortable hold and allows flexible shoulder movement
- Pullover style with 4-way stretch construction to enable mobility while maintaining the shape
- Made of a super smooth fabric that wicks sweat and keeps the skin dry and delivers a super soft feel
- Full coverage to provide support from every direction
- Super soft and comfortable
- Sweat-wicking, Seamless and stylish
- Promotes mobility
- Firmly holds the breasts
- No such cons were observed
5. Mysha Air Sports Bra for Women & Girls
Another set of stretchable non-padded and non-wired bra for women and girls, these products by Mysha may be all you need to enjoy an active lifestyle. As Air Bras, they are designed to offer adequate support to the breasts and keep them comfortable while at it.
The design is quite functional and is tailored to guarantee top performance, no matter how intense the workout gets. There are no hooks and cups as well as zippers to deal with, so you can enjoy engaging in the activities you love without feeling burdened by what you wear.
The best part is, the bras are stretchable, and free size hence allows easy fit no matter the size of your bust.
- Made of stretchable cotton and spandex fabric to allow hassle-free and comfortable fitting
- Features a wide elastic band that provides additional support while providing greater ease and freedom of movement
- Free size design hence ideal for women and girls (size 28 to 36)
- Non-padded and non-wired construction optimized to offer the required support.
- Features a fine mesh at the inner bust edge which improves airflow for enhanced comfort
- Fitted with wide shoulder straps to limit pressure
- Soft and comfortable
- Great support and flexible fit
- Makes movement easier
- Offers full cover
- Ideal for everyday use
- The material is thin
6. CHKOKKO Sports Bra for Women
A decent sports bra designed to give women the confidence to work out comfortably, this product CHKOKKO, by all means, a worthy investment. Given its overall quality, you can be sure of reliable performance where intense movements are part of the drill.
Of interest, it is made of smooth body-wick fabric that is comfortable on the body and helps keep cool by absorbing sweat. What’s more? Although it is non-wired, it provides optimal side-side, up-down support.
In a nutshell, if you need a sports bra that can help you perform in activities such as cycling, horse riding, tennis, random jogging, and more, the CHKOKKO sports bra could be all you need to shine every day.
- Made of soft body-wick fabric to keep wearers dry and comfortable
- Features the racerback back design to ensure optimal support
- Equipped with comfortable padding to absorb shock during high impact movements
- Features wide straps to minimize pressure on the shoulders
- Compression style design to allow easy fit and provide sufficient support for different body builds
- Features a comfortable hem for shock protection
- Limits breast movement
- Keeps the user dry and comfortable
- Simple care instructions
- Soft and breathable
- Offers great support
- Great for wide-ranging sport and physical activities
- Not suitable for large and heavy tits
7. ayushi creationa Tom & Gee Women’s Sports
The ayushi creations label is known for blending comfort and style in their wearable products. This women’s sports bra by them keeps to the tradition.
The first thing to note, it is made of high-quality fabric optimized to suit the needs of any fitness and fashion-conscious women of modern times. The construction material is not only stretchable for easy fitting, but it absorbs moisture, too, essentially guaranteeing sweat-free workouts.
To add to that, the stretchability allows a wide range of bust fit hence a good pick for both girls and women. Most of all, it is very comfortable on the body; hence will give you the confidence to step out to keep fit.
- Made of high-quality stretchable cotton material that keeps the wearer sweat-free and allows easy fitting
- Free size design that can fit busts ranging from 76-86 cm making it ideal for both women and girls
- Has removable cushioned unwired padding to absorb shock during intense movements
- Features the handy racerback design to ensure optimal support from the back
- Has a unique two in one shock-absorption design to ensure optimal functionality
- The hem has an elastic band to keep it in position
- Has wide shoulder straps to minimize pressure on the shoulders
- Meshed, breathable, moisture-wicking
- Easy to clean
- Great shock absorption
- Detachable soft padding
- Comfortable and stylish
- Good fit
- Functional with great support
- No such cons were observed
8. Pipal Sport Air Bra for Girls & Women
If you are looking for a combo pack of up to three sports bra for your workout activities, the Pipal Sport Air rings all the bells and whistles of a good bargain.
To begin with, it is designed to offer sufficient support for the breast keeping in place during movements, essentially makes exercising tolerable. You can forget about your breasts shaking left-right or up-down, freeing you from the obvious discomfort.
And while it is non-padded and non-stretchable, the Pipal sports bra is made of stretchable fabric enabling free size fitting for both women and girls. The cotton and spandex material combination provides greater support and eases movement.
Don’t forget; it is quite comfortable; thus, wearers can enjoy an active lifestyle without any worries.
- A non-wired design combining stretchable cotton and spandex material construction allowing easy fitting
- Non-padded style to provide required support without the trouble of bulging edges and slipping cups
- Free-size design fitting any size from 28 to 23 making it suitable for girls and women alike
- Wide shoulder strapping to minimize shoulder pressure while still providing full functionality
- Offers required support for an active lifestyle
- Comes in three pieces each of a distinct color
- Premium quality fabric
- Enhances ease of movement
- Lightweight and comfortable on the body
- Full coverage with perfect fit to keep everything in place
- Smooth line-free appearance
- Hand washing
9. Dilency Sales T-Back Bra for Women/Girls
Dilency Sales is another decent purchase for girls and women looking for breast support when exercising or engaging in sports.
It is made of decent quality fabric that combines cotton, polyester, and spandex, which makes it both comfortable to wear and a good fit for different body sizes. Of course, its free size the more reason both girls and women can wear it comfortably.
Even better, the material is breathable with quick-dry treatment to help keep the body cool and dry.
- Made of cotton, polyester, and spandex material to provide a comfy wearing experience
- Fine elastane free size fabric to provide a comfortable fit for both women and girls
- Quick-dry, removable padding to provide firm support
- Features a wide band to provide firm support from the lower end
- Soft to touch and wear
- Keeps the body cool and dry
- Stylish design
- Free size for convenient fitting
- Breathable fabric
- Relatively thin should strap can be irritating
10. Alazne Women’s Sports Bra Combo
Summing up our list, here comes another good quality bra that will give your chest the best shape and comfortable support during workouts and sporting activities.
Made of hosiery, a super soft fabric, there’s no doubt that this bra is comfortable to wear. And while it is non-padded, it delivers great support via compression.
Considering it comes in a pack of three, you have enough pieces to remain active as much as you wish.
- Made of hosiery a soft and comfortable fabric to provide the best user experience
- Soft non-padded full-coverage design making it ideal for everyday use
- Comes with wide front and elastic back straps to allow pressure-free fitting
- Features a convenient that provides support and keeps the breasts in position from below
- Economical three-pack
- Ideal as a leisure wear
- Stylish and colorful
- Great support
- Decent overall quality
- Not as ideal for XL breasts
- It doesn’t come with adjustable straps
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I wear a sports bra alongside an ordinary bra?
The first thing to note, while sports bras have special features that make them ideal for sporting activities, they can be worn as everyday wear. In essence, there is no need to double up the two options.
2. Is it okay to wear a sports bra all the time?
Yes, it is fine. But, you need to ensure you are wearing the right fit/size as your everyday bra. Of course, some types of sports bras such as compression can prove uncomfortable to wear all day long, considering they are designed to hold the breast firmly. Nonetheless, if you can find a suitable and comfortable fit, nothing should limit you.
3. Which is the best sports bra for the gym work out?
Depending on how intense your exercises can get, you need a product that is both comfortable and functional. Specifically, an ideal pick for gym work out should be of decent quality with features such as soft and breathable fabric, wider straps, flexible fit, and, most importantly, optimized to provide adequate breast support.
4. Are padded or unpadded bras better?
The suitability of a sports bra cannot be determined based on padding alone. Each type, in this case, has its advantages and limitations.
For instance, unpadded bras allow the real shape of the breasts to prevail. On the contrary, padded sports bra determines the shape and may sometimes give a larger appearance than reality. The best way to settle this question is to go for what seems to favor your needs.
5. What size sports bra should I get?
The right size should fit all way round without feeling too tight. The bust and back band are of primary importance in this regard. You can take measurements of yourself and compare with sizes on offer or opt for free size options if you can find a product with flexible/adjustable straps, the better for you.
6. Do sports bra reduce breast size?
Not really. Sports bras like everyday bras only hold the breasts steady and reduce bouncing in the face of impact while exercising or engaging in physical sports. So, regardless of breast size, a bra does nothing more than keeping the in a firm position.
7. Are sports bras better than regular bras?
Sports bras are by far different from regular bras and do not compare directly. For one, while they are designed to minimize impact during physical activities, regular bras are optimized for everyday use where limited breast movement is expected. In short, both are designed to perform under different circumstances.
8. Can a sports bra prevent the breasts from sagging?
While sports bra will hold up breasts and give them desirable shape, it cant prevent sagging. Why? Sagging is a natural biological process that comes as a result of the aging of breast muscles over time. Of course, a bra can minimize the visible effects, but that is as far as it gets.
A sports bra can help you improve your workout/sporting experience significantly. Not only can it keep your breasts comfortable, but it can also help you avoid attracting unnecessary attention. Hopefully, with this guide, you have all the information you need to select what suits your lifestyle.